Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Beyond Rose Clinique for women

Beyond Rose Clinique for women
dislike

Beyond Rose Clinique for women Pictures

Clinique announces the new fragrance based on rose flower, such that we have not had the opportunity to try yet. Airy layers construct the intense scent enriched and warmed with amber, while the real shock comes from tart notes of pepper! "Modern, clean and sophisticated, this is the fragrance of today and tomorrow!"—as mentioned by the brand Clinique.

Fragrance Clinique Beyond Rose provides an extremely seductive composition. Rose as the key note of the fragrance will offer countless layers, from soft and gentle ones, silky shades of petals, to the dark and velvety essence of the flower. Its beauty is elevated by warm and cuddly amber, which adds resin-like sweetness and depth to the composition. An interesting twist comes from pepper, which provides an unforgettable trail thanks to its fine sweetness and gentle tartness, and gives the signature to the new Clinique perfume. The fragrance contains scents of white pepper, rose oil and rose absolute, freesia flowers, osmanthus blossom, mate leaves, warmed and deepened by amber, labdanum, styrax and benzoin.

Beyond Rose from Clinique arrives in flacons with relief ornaments and is available as 100 ml Perfume Spray. Beyond Rose was launched in 2014.

Mate White Pepper

Rose Oil Rose Osmanthus Freesia

Styrax Labdanum Benzoin Amber

Smolderose

Beyond Rose Fragrance Reviews

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

@modernmabuse : I own both Noir de Noir and Beyond Rose. No direct comparison of these adviseable. NdN is a yummy chocolatey rose, very velvety, very subdued.
BR is a quite sharp rose with lots of cinnamon and cardamom. Both are beautiful in their own way but by no means similar other than the genre they originate from, IMHO.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Beyond Rose took me by surprise. I'm not a great fan of anything Clinique, both in perfumes or skincare, but this perfume is in a league all of it's own and I am baffled as to how they managed to produce such a heady beauty as this.
The top notes hit me with a sharp and powerful spiciness which comes across as utterly masculine. The amber is raw and unforgiving, as is the pepper and I am drawn to thinking of the Mancera line of Roses Vanilla and Roses Greedy. Also CD Amber Nuit comes to my mind. What I'm trying to say is that this is anything but an innocuous mainstream rose perfume. This is high up there among the best niche brands for that WOW factor!
I don't like the top notes, they are sharp and screechy to my nose but thankfully the heart notes come into play very quickly and all of a sudden this fragrance is now soft and floral with a hint of oudh, (yes I think there is some in there). This perfume now is starting to behave, the composition of notes are much tamer, they are doing what all great perfumes do, they are shifting around and the notes are changing constantly. The pepper has taken a back seat to the florals and the amber is now much quieter, the perfume is now sweeter, more feminine (although this is absolutely unisex to my nose) and doesn't scream at you.
A wonderful blend of quality ingredients which have been superbly created and have produced class in a bottle. Well done Clinique! Amazing perfume!

freddinos
freddinos

A clean rose, but not soapy or bright-summery. Beyond rose may have some oud in its composition and, if it does, it is a sterile, sanitized one. Inhaling deeply I have the feeling of an unnatural perfume, chemical perhaps but in an avant garde way, similar to Mugler's 'non human' jasmine accord.
The whole concept is very much in line with Clinique as a brand, with its minimalistic, clinical facade, clarifying lotions, seven day scrubs and discreet make up shades; think oud and rose born and raised on Upper East Side.
Beyond Rose is beautiful in its own way, and really, I can imagine it being appropriate for evenings out in dimly lit hotel bars,perhaps the ones overlooking Central Park in NYC, where expensive cocktails are served to impeccably groomed ladies. Try it and you may be very pleasantly surprised

spinderella
spinderella

An extremely beautiful smokey rose scent. I feel very feminine and mysterious when I wear it, but I think I would love it on a man too. Very special.

Tovah

Is the perfumer Christophe Laudamiel?

Tovah

This is an incredibly beautiful rose perfume!! What is WRONG with Clinique that this isn't widely sold?? This is a mesmerizing, seductive rose amber that haunts memories. Not only is the fragrance gorgeous, so is the bottle. I love the "bellydancer" review...it suits this scent perfectly. It has the irresisible aura of a belly dancer.

through*smoke
through*smoke

This perfume is a work of art.

Others will describe it much better than I can. Also,it develops to such an extent that it would require a lengthy review to do it justice.
At my favourite stage there is a rosy 'chewiness', accompanied by a cinnamony smoke that reminds me of eating Turkish Delight amidst plumes of shisha smoke,and incense.
As a bellydancer,it's a smell I know and love,and reminds me of the restaurants I danced in.

Musky4
Musky4

When I sprayed this on the back of my hand, all I got was a very strong and very unpleasant antiseptic smell. This didn't change or develop into anything more bearable and I just couldn't wait to wash it off.

MaryMaryQuiteContrary
MaryMaryQuiteContrary

You either love or hate it... I love it. Yes it is strong and oudy , yet it develops nicely on my skin and never turns musky like other oud scents. I agree that is has a medicinal side to it which I find rather refreshing in this case.

gaz525
gaz525

Jus meh...typical oud and rose combo that we've all smelt before. Nothing different here, if your looking for rose and oud combination try Estee Lauder Wood mystique or Armani prive rose d'arabie. It's not a bad fragrance but there are just so many like it and for the price you'd expect something a bit more unique

greydove
greydove

Wow. This is not a skin scent at all! One spray on a card filled my house with the authentic smell of oud. The real oud. I have incense from Dubai that smells like this. Not a western perfume. I repeat: Not a western perfume. I put one small spray on my stomach this morning, it almost killed me. Its opens sharp, spicy, and sour. It mellows out eventually, the edges soften. Its opulent, rich, EXOTIC. The rose is deeply camouflaged, I wouldn't call it a rose perfume at all actually. It is beautiful, elegant, but hard for me to carry off. I feel too humble, too casual for it. Would be a great evening scent for gentleman going out somewhere expensive.

Update: I was wrong this is not to strong at all. I just wasnt used to it. I smell the rose with a couple more sprays. Deep, lovely. Perfect for a fun night out!

I had a chance to smell this and didn't buy it.
It's a very nice perfume and powerful, too, but nothing that goes beyond the trite rose-oud combo and oud is not listed.
I expected more osmanthus.
It's a good daring scent with rose at its core surrounded by spicy-woody notes. Wearable for a man, but better suitable for a lady. Nice and elegant, but a bit on the heavy side.

lairderien
lairderien

Where is the rose?? All I get is smoky incense...period. No pepper, no cinammon, & certainly no rose (unless you inhale your skin deeply) - just a deep, smoky amber. I've been wearing this all week hoping that the scent changes or that I'll grow to love it, but I fear its not going to happen as on me this is more masculine than feminine. Fans of Arabian, smoky oud scents will love this & its certainly a big change in style from the normal Clinique offerings. I also managed to sample Penhaligons Levantium this week & the two fragrances are very similar.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Blind buy and it just arrived!
Only sprayed it a few minutes ago and so only first impression review so far.
It's a mild rose, mild spice, hint of citrus.
The rose and oud, there must be oud, are apparent.
So far so good!

Second stage
Cinnamon, must be the pepper.
Middle stage so far is very masculine, maybe a bit too much generic masculine for me. Shame.

Uppdate
I find myself reaching for this even tho I didn't like the middle notes of cinnamon. The masculine touch is strangely alluring all of a sudden.
Maybe it's grown on me?

Final update
This is now my love.
It took a few trials, but I have to admit this is now a favourite, it is so beautiful. If you like oud in a perfume try this. As I write this I haven't seen oud listed anywhere but it has an oudy feel to it. Absolutely gorgeous!

matty64
matty64

I saw this new fragrance at Dillard's, just go to the Clinique counter. The women who work at my particular store usually are all over you even before you can ask them a question. I suppose that's better than being ignored @ higher end stores. Honestly, I don't remember what this perfume smells like but I do remember the bottle looks better in person. Oh, well.

Islandaromatika
Islandaromatika

Originally released as an exclusive for Harrod's in London, summer of 2014.

A friend recently sent me a bottle of this from the Middle East, as it is not available in the USA, and I understand that Clinique has no plans to do so in the near future. I may just have to have my friend send another bottle, so I have a backup bottle, I love it that much.

Wonderful, marvellous, different from anything else offered by Clinique, on a par with ANY of the best French, Italian, British, American, Asian, and Middle Eastern houses.

For me a resinously/incensy/spicy rose that lingers, morphs, and grows in beauty as the day goes on. I ran into a friend the first day I wore it, a friend who notoriously HATES scent of any kind. Her first utterance after hugging..."oh my god! WHAT are you wearing, you smell AMAZING!"

Yup. This one's a definate keeper!

Guest_theperfumedveil
Guest_theperfumedveil

Where to get in US?

suhaesa
suhaesa

i haven't smelled a truly beautiful perfume in a long while now.. every new one that comes in the market for the past 2 to 3 years disappoints me in one way or another..i found it randomly at bloomings dale the bottle was intriguing ..the smell was unexpected ..its an oriental.. Arabian.. rose connotation that smells full.. potent.. powerful.. deep.. velvety.. almost oudy ..it smells like very expensive Arabian oils ..mixed with high end French perfumes ..its a strange perfume for clinique.. but i guess its in keeping up with the new trend of main stream designers making oud and oriental inspired perfumes..most of them don't nail it.. but clique did it and surpassed many ..
it is a master piece..the notes play together like a symphony of harmonious accords ..singing a medley of joy.. love ..and opulent royal dreams...this review is coming from some one who doesn't take roses easily... but this rose is so different.. the only time i really like rose is when its layered in an oriental composition with hints of oud ..amber.. and saffron.. and this is a dream combination.. truly mesmerising.. almost oily.. velvety ..truly captivating.. its so deep ..it has so many layers.. and it develops with you thorough out the day.. its full of surprises.. its a skin scent that acts differently in different skins.. it is very strong.. in a soft way.. it is very powerful in a discrete way.. it is very beautiful in a timid way ..it is a master piece in a market full of mass production ..it is truly one of a kind in the clinique counter.. a new inspiration ..a new Arabian dream perfume ..many will either love it or loath it.. for it is an acquired scent ..of incense.. of bakhour.. of weddings.. and celebrations ..of brides and merry times..
it is a night winter scent.. that u can use al year round for arabs.. but for the non eastern noses.. its more of a wintry.. night out.. special scent.. that will leave people wondering what you are wearing..
to me there is something serene.. calming.. and very powerful.. it moves and evokes many beautiful emotions.. ..i am happy i found it ..it was one of the few perfumes i bought impulsively and fell in love with.. and keep falling in love with more and more.. every time i smell it ..its a hidden gem behind the clinique counters ..i havnt heard much vibe or seen any advertisements for it.. but its worth every penny.. its about 120 us $ for 100 ml edp which is really great compared to niche ..this is a really good deal.. the quality of the aromas used is superb.. and the longevity.. and silage.. are amazing ..
thumbs up to the nose and the house behind it..

ps
i put all the above suggestions of similar perfumes..it is still different from all of those but it has faint vibes and similarities yet it is not as cloying or as oudy..clinique rose is more airy and uplifting and simply more unique unlike the general theme you find in the oud French trend

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Masterpiece!

A truly captivating and addictive composition of rose in a very modern interpretation and presentation.

Not your "typical of late" Oud pairing, but a lighter more wearable version during spring/ summer as it is blended with Osmanthus and Freesia that give it light and softly sweet, airy qualities.

The pepper and amber make it contemporary and give it body and bone. The mate note is the "novelty factor" and styrax, labdanum and bezoin make it last.

It is truly addictive and perhaps one of the best rose creations I have smelled in a while.

Wearable for a man when layered with another "masculine" scent if he wants to emphasize or amplify the rose in his signature scent.

I would even wear it on its own for it is just drop dead gorgeous.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clinique Beyond Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clinique Beyond Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Beyond Rose by Clinique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Beyond Rose by Clinique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.