Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb Comme des Garcons for women and men
dislike

sour
savory
Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb by Comme des Garcons is a Floral Green fragrance for women and men. Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are litchi, rhubarb and bergamot; middle notes are camelia and orchid; base notes are oak tree and vanilla.

Litchi Rhubarb Bergamot

La Baie des Anges

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb Fragrance Reviews

bluemagic
bluemagic

Gorgeous sweet rhubarb and lychee, with a fragrant peony and exotic orchid, enhanced by vanilla and a lovely exotic wood, which gives it a gorgeous dry-down, that lasts and lasts! It's smooth, tart, sweet and creamy - what more could you want? And very very fragrant!!! It's a glorious rhubarb perfume!!! It's just so much like my mum's rhubarb pie, with custard! It's really scrumptious! I love it, and I get heaps of compliments. Everyone loves it on me. It's terrific!

This little interesting scent got my attention immediately. What a weird bottle for a perfume! There is definitely some similar scent to rhubarb, not quite like the natural scent, but quite close.
Also, green notes and a little bit lemon.
Not sweet at all, not a tiny bit.
It smells a bit masculine for my taste, but it's definitely worth a try anyway.

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

Mother Nature approved! Rhubarb EDT is vibrant and fresh - with a bit of a kick! The litchi/rhubarb accord (can I call it an accord?) is better than strawberry/rhubarb IMO - sweet and smooth. The lime is mouth-wateringly sour; the oak a little spicy. I think I get the orchid and vanilla at the end when it's become a skin scent. It's gone in the blink of an eye so I mostly wear it for myself around the house.
edit* just found out the "oak" is actually wenge, an exotic wood from equatorial Africa. :o

Very citric rhubarb, I am not sure I like the smell, not sure it smells like rhubarb to my nose either..it gets a distinct masculine vibe rather quickly, so it is more masculine than feminine to my nose...the notes seem to clash more than anything, the result isn't overall pretty ..it doesn't smell like a perfume to me...it reminds me of a cologne my dad used to wear, why it is called rhubarb I don't know!!! Don't like it!! More a concept than anything else, like Duchaufour is experimenting lots with notes.

cdot
cdot

Sherbert series makes me hungry! Just wish it was longer lasting. Just like rhubarb crumble

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Awesomely tart and crisp, but ever-so-slightly tempered by the vanilla and rose, really interesting. A keeper.

Allen-at-home

Hey, all of you other rhubarb fans (such as myself), I found a hand soap that smells almost *exactly like this CdG fragrance: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Rhubarb Hand Soap. (It won't let me post a link, but I bought mine at Target.) Update: I seem to have an allergic reaction to the soap, can't even use anymore.

tinyhedgehog
tinyhedgehog

What can I say, I fell in love with that perfume the first time I sampled it. I love rhubarb, and I was absolutely thrilled to find a perfume that really highlighted that note instead of burying it among others. My expectations were high, and I was fully ready to be disappointed: I expected a somewhat artificial, candy/bodywash scent, where the vanilla would quickly overpower everything. I was so wrong.

On me, Sherbet Rhubarb is crisp and tart at first, perfectly balancing astringency and sweetness. The litchi is a lovely addition here, as the delicate rose-like notes you find in it work wonderfully with rhubarb, without overpowering it. As it evolves, the vanilla starts kicking in, giving the blend charisma and presence. The drydown is definitely somewhat generic, but on me, longevity was quite good - I was actually surprised since I expected to get an hour's wear at most out of this. I managed to stretch it to almost four hours before feeling like I needed to reapply some, which is amazing given that my skin has a tendency to eat perfume at a desperatingly quick pace. The only criticism I could formulate is that I would have liked the rhubarb to be a tad earthier, but I'm honestly nitpicking here. This is a natural scent with character, and every time I use it, I find something new to love about it. A must-try for all rhubarb lovers.

dsty
dsty

I really like this! I agree with other reviewers that the opening is lovely: at that stage it's a wonderfully tart true rhubarb, very green and juicy, perfect for summer!

Unlike a lot of others though, I really can't complain about longevity. It's true that this Rhubarb does fade into a rather generic (but nice!) soft vanilla in the end, but on my skin it takes a good couple of hours to get there - and that transition is probably my favourite thing about this fragrance. In this intermediary stage the vanilla becomes more and more prominent, mixing with the rhubarb (and probably the other fruity notes as well) to form an original and altogether delicious scent. Although it doesn't smell edible exactly, I guess this part is where the sherbet reference comes true, and I really love it...

So this is going straight to my wish list; and with small bottles available at an affordable price I'm sure it won't be on there for long...

yoji
yoji

Too bad that Rhubarb fades into bitter smell of vanilla cream and oak, the opening is so beautiful. I love to smell it from the cap but not on my skin. Stays close to skin, longevity is weak too. But nice try anyway.

Allen-at-home

Okay, when I first sampled Rhubarb, I thought, “Not bad, but nothing special, either”, and I put it aside with all my others samples. But one day when bored with my other samples, I decided to wear it again. Rhubarb is perfect: not too sweet, not too tart. There probably aren’t too many men out there who love this note, but I do. Sweet Pea from Bath and Body Works also shares this rhubarb note, and I have actually always liked that smell, except Sweet Pea seems a bit over-the-top synthetic, while Rhubarb smells perfectly natural. And perfectly balanced. But one complaint, if you call it a complaint, is the name “Sherbet Series” sounds a bit juvenile, so that a serious fragrance connoisseur might easily overlook it. Yes, longevity is an issue (as with most frags), but if there is a better rhubarb fragrance out there, I’d like to know.

racb
racb

Exactly like rhubarb - sweet, a little tart. The sweetness I find a little cloying though and the whole thing has an air of the vegetable patch about it. Not for me.

Lana148
Lana148

Very true Rhubarb smelling fragrance. Watery, little sweet, tart and sour - exactly as a real thing.

The only problem - the smell disappears on my skin after 15min, leaving some scattered, faint, dry, sweet-vanilla scent. On my closing though, the original, unchanged aroma was present for a few days.

I really like the smell of this fragrance, something different for summer. Really disappointed, though, as it doesn't last on my skin.

archivist
archivist

This is Brit Red without the rose - and I much prefer it on me! While Brit Red smells amazingly balanced on my mother, it is very much a rose perfume on me. CDG's Rhubarb Sherbet is definitely tart and astringent on the opening, but on the drydown it's a very lovely rhubarb and litchi gourmand without an overdose of sugar or vanilla. The vanilla here is a woody vanilla. I get mostly the rhubarb (tart, tart!) and the litchi (sweet) and a trace of that camellia floral (actually really lovely). I am a thousand miles away from being a fruity-floral perfume fan; this is (I think) the only one I now own and I like it. I'm sure I'll get good wear out of it in the springtime.

My final scent in the sherbet series and I was looking forward to this one so much!
Thankfully it didn't disappoint...I love rhubarb the taste the smell, the synthetic apple based flavouring in sweets...whatever I love it!
Every fragrance I've ever encountered with a Rhubarb note has been an instant hit with me but this one takes the biscuit.
This doesn't appeal to my slightly snobby fragrance head this goes straight for my childlike soft centre and makes me love it uncontrollably, as much as I love Rhubarb pie!
My oh my... it's absolutely beautiful sharp, sweet Rhubarb but just like the rest of this series surprised me with subtle complexity of very mellow, exotic floral notes from orchid and the tiniest hint of vanilla.
A strong woody base would've grounded it and maybe lent some more substance to the fragrance but I didn't detect any.

All that positive stuff but then a huge negative is that the longevity is pathetic! I don't think I've ever used that adjective to describe even the most feeble of juices but this really is gone in Minutes rather than hours, never known anything like it!
If Mark Buxton's devil in disguise is similar I need to hunt that down and see if it lasts better because otherwise I would've bought CDG Rhubarb in a heartbeat! Such a shame.

cfrench76
cfrench76

Sweet, creamy, and green, yet tart and bitter. Really great casual scent for anyone who likes grassy, green fragrances.

Jubba
Jubba

I'm loving this stuff! I love to what it dries down. It takes about twenty spritzes, but after 12 hours I still smell a rhubarby, warm comforting scent. There is a Dechaufour signature - tiny bit of incense - but there's tartness that I enjoy. I'm always seeking tartness as I feel my skin turns most scents to powder.

Addendum: today a friend gave me a slice of rhubarb and peach pie to take home. I just warmed it up - VERY close...

Carestinus
Carestinus

Tart rhubarb, very fresh and a bit pungent. I like this and wear it not as often as I thought I would when I got it. Let me try to discover why. My only criticism is it soon fades to vanilla, leaving behind its originality and freshness. I still like it and I haven't had longevity issues once it establishes in that drydown. On clothes the tart part seems to linger longer (I'm rhyming everything haha) but nonetheless it is weak.

I believe this would be a complete hit if the rhubarb stayed more since it is extremely compelling. I love that part. I love the smell of this fruit and find that Maestrale by Profumi di Pantelleria has a better development, not as astringent but nicer and without fading rhubarb away. The added salt makes that one effervescent and charming.

These 30ml bottles seem perfect for the juice it delivers. I couldn't justify going for a bigger bottle. It seems more of a splash to my palate. Not having finished this tiny bottle in 3 years says something to me, however. Yes, definitely the vanilla ruins it for me to be completely honest. We need an edp of this without it. Come on Bertrand you did marvels with blackcurrant in Enchanted forest, now it's rhubarb time!

Sylfaelle
Sylfaelle

I have a sample of it. When I apply, it smells absolutely identical to fresh rhubarb, but with just a bit of sweet that softens the acidity. It really is what I expected, until 5 minutes after applying, when... it's gone. Entirely gone..
What a shame :(

diane9247
diane9247

Delicious! I love tart rhubarb pie (rhubarb only, not corrupted by strawberries!) and tried a sample of this. It's everything I had hoped. Oh boy, now I want an entire bottle!

Update: I will join others who say this does not last long. Fifteen minutes, to be generous. So sad, I love it. I won't be buying the bottle, now that my sample is gone.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

Of the three scents in this series (Peppermint, Cinnamon, Rhubarb), this is the most interesting. Very rightly described as tart and sour, trailing off to a pleasant sweetness, but all the time staying a natural smell, avoiding associations with fake fruit or candy.

suile
suile

I bought this in the cream version, it was very long lasting and as I love the odour of rhubarb, I was delighted with it as a summer fragrance.

Nuppu
Nuppu

To me this is more pinetree resin than a rhubarb and more masculine than unisex. And that's a really shame, because true tart, zesty rhubarb scent woud be so nice.

rebella
rebella

I really like this, but not as much as CdG 3 that it reminds me of. In Rhubarb Sherbet I think it is moore of everything, moore green, moore flowers and moore wood. The topnotes of rhubarb and litchi is pleasant, crisp and fresh... sorry enough they fade away quite fast. I miss the mysterious feeling I´ve got from CdG 3... this is much moore straigth forward and easier to get a grip on.

A really fresh fragrance, best suitible for summer and for both man and women. Stayingpower is really good, more than 5 hours on me...

chance25
chance25

I found this to be too tart and astringent to pull off as an every day scent. I used to spritz this on very warm days, but there is masculine edge that always made me uncomfortable. White pepper is great in eggs, but not in a perfume at least w/ my chemistry.(UPDATE) I've since repurchased this perfume. It has an energy and aromatherapy effect on me. It is tart and sour, but I guess my chemistry has changed because it does have a soft side.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Rhubarb by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.