Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women

Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women
dislike

milky
Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures

The exclusive French brand introduces "Eaux de Voyage", the scents from far away islands in South Pacific. Vanille Extrême is the 10th fragrance, originating from “Vanilla islands/ Vanille Des Isles", a kind of vanilla cult for gourmand aromas fans. Vanille Extrême is more intensive than Vanille Passion, sweet, warm and spicy. Raw sugar and milk, vanilla and heliotrope absolute are united in an ultra gourmand trail. Jacques Lions is the nose behind this fragrance. It was launched in 2005 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the house.

Sugar Vanilla Heliotrope

Vanilla Milk

Vanilla Milk

Vanille Extreme Eau de Parfum
Fresh Cream

Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

;)
;)

From a self-proclaimed vanilla junkie, this was a let down. I don't get any of the yummy notes everyone is talking about. It smells like baby dolls. Dry down is acceptable and I will use it up, at home, where nobody can wonder where the dollar store candle is burning.

miako
miako

I've been lusting after this for god knows how long, just the name was enough to get me drooling!

It just wasn't available anywhere near me... but one day, an unnamed angel (someone on an e-bay like site over here) put up for sale, TWO BIG ORIGINAL (aluminum) bottles in PERFECT condition with the original box and plastic wrapping intact..!

so naturally I snapped it up in a split second. But to be really honest, I felt a bit nervous until it arrived.. I wasn't fond of vanille ambre (glass bottle).. what if was like that one? or what if it's a burnt rubbery playdoh-ey mess like some people had said on this thread!? I'd have to chuck 2 huge bottles of something I'd wanted for years!!!!

but I really needn't have been worried at all- this is nothing short of a gourmand miracle. I feel like the most deliciously fragrant vanilla cake batter... which is like the highest compliment you could ever give a gourmand-nut like me.

I have Demeter's vanilla cake batter too, but this one is a little bit more refined. Demeter's is no less wonderful (oh how comforting it is on a bad, bad day!), but this one is a bit less toothache-y. If it were a recipe, it would be with a bit less sugar, more butter and with better vanilla extract. And the most important thing... wait for it, wait for it... it lasts for hooooooooooooooooooooours!!!!

a rock solid win!

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

Soft and milky vanilla. Reminds me of a soft Spring evening breeze. Nice. A good addition to any collection.

EnergeticCrab
EnergeticCrab

Sickeningly vanilla. I used to wear it but have been recently getting rid of my more sweeter smelling perfumes. If you are looking for a vanilla that is simultaneously one-note but also complex, this might be your scent! Would probably be good for layering with other things. Better in the summer and warmer weather, IMO.

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

Almondy heliotrope is very prominent on top of the, I'm sorry, quite bland sugary vanilla. I can't believe heliotrope is voted least noticeable, it's absolutely the main note on my skin, to my nose. When it meets warm air I can certainly find a hint of warm, buttery milk but it's not prominent. Longevity and sillage are both poor, go for the EDP instead. I quite enjoy many of CSP's perfumes, even though if you smelled one you smelled all, kind of. When you find a scent you like (Amour de Cacao, Vanille Abricot) it's frustrating when the sillage and longevity are disappointing.

Tremere
Tremere

Question at first sniff: Do I want to smell like vanilla cupcake batter? Well, yes, obviously. Sadly, this just doesn't love my skin chemistry, transforming from a perfect childhood memory of licking the spoon to a horrid, plastic mess. On me, it's a scrubber but I do hope it works for 99% of everybody else as it's a lovely idea.

prometheus87
prometheus87

I live in Georgia tbilisi ) Subscription coco exreme but accidentally Enable vanille exreme! Which is better of the two? If there is a big difference?

soobee11
soobee11

Spritzed lavishly from my freshly purchased bottle, I inhaled with delight the rich, cakey, vanilla...then five minutes later, sniffed my wrist and recoiled from the scent of burnt band-aids! It was a horrible WTF perfume moment. Burnt band-aids! Immediately returned the bottle to its box, and will be shipping it back to Sephora in the morning. SO disappointed!

rosewithorns
rosewithorns

Since acquiring Vanille Extreme a couple of years ago, I think I've worn it only once or twice. However, I was going through my collection, having decided to get rid of all the perfumes that weren't loves for me, and I gave this one another shot today. It was unfair, I thought, to have dismissed it so quickly at first; how many perfumes did I hate or dislike at first only to fall head over heels for them years later after I'd given them away? Too many. Well, this time around, I haven't fallen head over heels in love, but I definitely want to keep it around. For some reason, I expected it to have a very chemical smell, but it is nothing like that. It is a surprisingly airy and fluffy fragrance, just waft after waft of milky vanilla goodness. Vanille Extreme is very lightly powdery on me. It smells like a well-blended combination of sweet milk and pure vanilla extract. It is sublime. If you're into layering fragrances, this would be a good one to pair with others when you want to accentuate the vanilla note.

raw umber

The newest version of this (glass bottle with blue sticker label) smells exactly like yellow cake mix, complete with frosting in a canister. Or more specifically yellow confetti cake, with super sugary vanilla confetti sprinkle store-bought frosting. A little salty and buttery too.

This is such a profoundly sweet creamy powdery vanilla scent, I feel like I died and woke up at a five year old girl's princess themed birthday party. This is definitely not safe for any environment where you want people to take you seriously. It's super playful and STRONG.

Confetti Cake Cannon!

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

My ice cream loving soul has been deeply satisfied today! I received a 1 oz. glass bottle (original) of this delicious milky/creamy potion, and I am wild for it! Reminds me of my favorite "Blue Bunny" ice cream confection that is topped with dark chocolate. This is just like that rich ice cream under the chocolate. Now, I am new lover of gourmand scents, and this... just about perfect. Not too sweet for me, very real smelling, perfect vanilla... not at all synthetic on my skin. Can't comment on longevity as I've only had it on for about 1/2 hour, but sillage is decent so far. I can also see using this as a base for other scents if I want a little more creaminess. Wonderful!

Shawtylicious
Shawtylicious

Reminds me of an almondy vanilla milkshake or Madeleines, very very similar to L'erbolario Mandorla that I already own. Sillage is poor on me, probably lasts about 2/3 hours so I need to keep reapplying it. Overall a beautiful light, creamy, milky vanilla with a hint of caramel, lemon and almonds.

scented2014
scented2014

i like this one the most of the vanillas of the line (compared to Coco, Pineapple and Apricot that i have tested ) it's the least sweet and not so much overpowering. i smell almond in it and bitter vanilla. as almond is not among the notes listed, i guess it's sugar-milk combo creates such impression.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I expected this to be like vanilla bean pods; so rich and dry. But what it actually is vanilla cake batter with some alcohol like baking vanilla extract. It's not bad, just sweeter than I expected.

Renata tang
Renata tang

Smells exactly the same as the Nestle "french vanilla" coffee creamer.

Filigree4Life
Filigree4Life

Smells really a lot like a smooth vanilla pipe tobacco, the heliotrope adding a faint cherry twist to it. My husband loved it and kept begging to sniff me. I asked him what it reminded him of that he liked so much. No, not baking or sugar cookies or any of those other delectable foodie scents. He said his grandfather's pipe. So there ya go, if you like that, you'll like this. This reminded me really a lot of a little perfume oil I got for $9.50 called Vanille, by L'Aromatheque. I think this is a very common smell and not satisfying if you are in search of a true vanilla. Very similar to Molinard's Les Orientaux Vanille.

nero77
nero77

A sweet, simple fragrance.

There are some fragrances which just feel good when you wear them. They can be comforting, warm and inviting... and they can make you feel good just wearing them. I think that Vanille Extreme is one such fragrance.

I find this very gourmandish. It is a sugary, sweet vanilla with heliotrope (the powdery, almond-smelling flower), which has a smell complimenting the vanilla in here. It is also milky, which reminds me of vanilla ice cream on a hot summers day.

I think that whilst the fragrance is a great example of a sugary, milky vanilla, I must admit that there are better, more sophisticated vanilla fragrances out there. Unless you want something very basic or simple, you can look elsewhere for more depth. Otherwise, it's a great, non-complex, linear, creamy, powdery vanilla which works well in warmer weather, just like vanilla ice-cream! You can find it discounted on-line, just don't pay full retail price for it.

villey91
villey91

This amazing scent smells like; hot cotton candy, tahitian vanilla ice cream, sweet almonds, "marzipan", sugary steaming latte with whipped cream and melted marshmallows ! <3

A Great scent, no matter what weather or season it is. Gourmand all the way.

Vanille Extreme has an amazing sillage and longevity considering it's from Comptoir's Vanilla line and since it's only an EdT. The EdP version lasts longer but it's not as creamy and warm. It's more musky and some how oceanic maybe. Some of the notes in it are different. It's simpler vanilla and almost one note and makes it have less sillage than this edT. But perfect scent to layer with other CSP scents! Vanille Abricot+Extreme edP is just amazing!!!

Compliments with this scent are guaranteeed. People have told me I smell like vanilla but also some have said I smell like sweet almonds, when I've worn this...

PS. People compare Extreme with (L'aromarine's) Outremer's Vanille, but I think it's way more like Vanille Abricot! More sugar. Extreme is creamy vanilla heaven!

lilaczebra

PS-I forgot to say that the perfect scenario for wearing this is: cold winter day when you put on a really soft knitted sweater and throw yourself on the couch (preferably with fireplace)with a cup of delicious coffee and a whole packet of choc chip cookies or whatever other treat floats your boat and procede to devour the whole lot. Also good for when you put your pjs on before climbing into bed in winter.

lilaczebra

The neverending quest so many of us are on to find that gourmand vanilla which meets our personal vanilliac requirements...sigh, it still goes on. I do like Vanille Extreme but unfortunately it doesn't give me what a lot of people have described in reviews. In fact, the top notes give off a strange play-doh/sweet/plastic doll type of smell which reminds me of some toy I had as a child. Thankfully it dies down and then settles into a sweet and rich vanilla though not what I would describe as buttery/cakey/cupcakey etc.. (if only!) It was a blind first buy from Comptoir Sud Pacifique and I think I expected something more refined and not so cheap and synthetic. On the other hand, it lasts quite a while. But the search continues.

RayF
RayF

How can anyone resist this summer-in-a-bottle! Pretty sweet and cupcake-y, but so simple and delicious! I'm wearing Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen lotion every day which has a distinct coconuty and tropical smell that actually works with this edt in a dreamy way.

enkhbayar.mishigdorj
enkhbayar.mishigdorj

When I wear this EDT I just feel like I am a hot caramel milk with vanilla flavour. It is very attractive to a foodies with sweet tooth. I enjoyed very much so. Satisfied sillage 10/10 and 7/10

saintleegray
saintleegray

I ordered this with the vanille abricot almost as an afterthought but it turns out I LOVE this. I don't get any spice, nothing but sweet creamy vanilla, thick and rich like a buttery vanilla frosting. I can see how this would be too sweet for some but if you love really rich, diabetic inducing scents you must have this in your collection. Absolutely perfect for layering as well.

Valentina_Dreams
Valentina_Dreams

I wasn't sure how strong of a vanilla this was going to be until I warmed to my body chemistry. Everyone is different, so on me it first smelled like warm oatmeal and brown sugar. It was a hot summer day when I first tried it on and I went out for a night walk. About a half hour later, I started to smell more like a vanilla flower showered in sugary milk, and just about everyone who walked by me complimented me on the perfume. In fact most people kept asking: "What is that delicious smell?" I didn't tell everyone it could be my perfume.

I have to be careful whenever I wear this because it does attract attention. I find that it's not the kind of vanilla scent that smells synthetic like many vanillas do. This is the real deal. Most compliments I get are from men. It's a foody, yet floral, milky, yummy, summery perfume. I recommend, but use sparingly. All you need is a little bit.

I also use Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla hair care -- paired with this vanilla scent, I'm like a delicious bon bon where ever I go -- a combination like this will also leave a scent trail all over your clothes. Not too harsh vanilla, just that comfortable vanilla.

artemiss
artemiss

I honestly did not like this the first time I tried it, I thought it smelled fake, like Play-doh. But strangely, I found myself repeatedly drawn to the tester. 'Just to use it up and make room for more' and when that was gone, getting a rollerball as part of a promo 'just because'.
I am now on my second full bottle.
It's a dairy-gourmand, milky and sweet, with a creamy pure bakery-vanilla opening, like creme brulee when it's first in the oven. It evolves a bit in the dry-down, with delicate heliotrope chiming in and riffing a floral note.
I wear this by itself on lowkey days at the office and lounging around home. It is gentle and non-offensive like that.
It layers well with other floral vanillas in my palette, and when I am feeling the need to drown myself in vanilla, I layer it with Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace body spray and lotion.

allbookerka
allbookerka

This perfume is perfect for cold autumn/winter evenings. It's milky-sweet but not overly sugary at the same time. Comparing to other vanilla fragrances it's not overwhelming and does not have any dirtiness or sugar burnt notes. It's quite uplifting and reminds me of caramel candies :)
If you are looking for 100% pure vanilla, that lasts long without heavy sugary trail - this is EDT Comptoir sud Pacifique!

Amandacat
Amandacat

I find this perfume to be a wonderful warm winter fragrance. it is long lasting and I find I get gentle wafts of it thoughout the day.
I do not find it too sweet. I find the fragrance to be rich and spicy.
If you like Angel I reckon you will really like this one.

andabri
andabri

Bought the newest offering that has started to sell at Sephora as of 2014.

To be blunt it opens with a gross, plastic, fake vanilla scent.

Luckily, this mellows out, the plastic recedes and it smells like vanilla. Lots of vanilla flavoring. With cream. This definitely does smell reminiscent of vanilla ice cream. It's very simple, but extremely pleasant. It's definitely a skin scent. A natural, milky, sweet, softly lingering fragrance.

I like it on its own, and also how well it layers with practically any fragrance I try it with because of it's mellow simplicity.

I can compare it to being a solid, staple item in a collection. It's sort of like an understated workhorse: it wears well on it's own or layered with others, it's appropriate in hot or cold weather, casual or fancy gatherings.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

This perfume to smells like a creamy, milky, vanilla sort of lotion. In particular I think of a less sugary version of sugar wafer by Tutti Dolci. The vanilla is definitely creamy, slightly buttery even, it's not super sweet, but it's not like it's unsweetened either.
Vanille Extreme EDT catches me a lot of compliments, praticularly guys. I think a perfume like this meshes well with my chemistry because in a way it kind of reminds me of creamy, sweet skin.
The perfume is light and I spray it around my shoulders and neck to create a halo of scent, I wear 5 sprays. The fragrance lasts about 5-6 hours before I reapply sometime after lunch.

bobekecske
bobekecske

I adore this stuff. Sweet, milky-sugary, bit sharp plastic-y vanilla. To me it's very comforting and delectable. I'd say it's more of a sugary vanilla than a warm foody one, if that description makes any sense to anyone else.
A friend of mine gushed over it when she smelled it on me, she pointed out (very correctly in my opinion) how it smells exactly like the Cupcake Dolls of our childhood. Sweet, soft, sugary and bit plastic (which might be the milk accord, I guess).
I'm a big fan of vanilla/heliotope/tonka bean scents as well as gourmand ones, I guess if those and any sweet CSP scents are your thing you might appreciate this one too.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

I decided to give this perfume a go after having worn the Vanille Abricot by Sud Pacifique for a while. The Extreme starts out rather sharp on me with a lot of alcohol, which quickly settles into a caremely-deep sugary scent. It lasts about 2-3 hours on my skin, though I really only get the caramel/sugar down the road, not much vanilla. Deciding that it is probably not the best scent for what I'm looking for, I like the peach version better as it is lighther/brighter for me.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I just received a sample of this in a swap and had to try it on immediately!
Extremely gourmand sweetness!!
It doesn't smell artificial in any way, just pure ingredients, it's pretty darn delicious!
I'm not sure if it's the edt or edp version I'm testing though and I believe I smell cinnamon in this!
But cinnamon is not listed in both edt and edp, so maybe my nose is playing tricks on me?
Maybe it's the heliotrope, but it doesn't smell almondy to me at all, just cinnamon...
It smells like hot sugared vanilla flavored milk sprinkled with cinnamon...
Too bad I just started my No-Buy period eh? ;)
I'll add it to my wishlist anyway, I can never know when it might be offered in a future swap, right?

SillySue
SillySue

Vanille Extreme EDT is fast becoming one of my favorite vanillas. Seeing as my only previous with CSP was Vanille Abricot, which I absolutely did not care for, I was a little nervous to take a chance on Vanille Extreme, but now am SO glad I did. It was the sickly sweet synthetic fruity part of the VA that made my stomach turn, not the vanilla itself I see now. VE is very likeable cause it doesn't have that weird fruit note, just pure unadulterated vanilla! Yum! The initial blast is pure heaven! The best vanilla I have ever smelled to be honest. Then it quickly passes that stage and something a bit medicinal and not that pleasant takes over, but thankfully that stage doesn't last long either and the drydown is a very decent milky vanilla. Not quite as good as those gorgeous top notes, but still a really nice vanilla ice cream type of smell. I had almost turned my back on CSP cause of my first impressions via VA, but VE has made me change my mind. Now I'm curious to try more of their line. Vanille Coco, I'm coming for you!

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I ordered this from EBay.I got a tester bottle at a reduced price.Initially,I get a sweetened blast of play-doh,but it also smells a bit like almond/marzipan and I like that.At the dry down I smell vanilla Ice cream,which is very nice.This reminds me of a more intense version of Parfums de couer Vanilla Fantasy.I will finish the bottle but stick with Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao,which is vanilla chocolate Heaven!

CSP's Vanille Extreme EDT is as you would expect, a vanilla scent. It is on the sweet side of things, but not in a sickening sense. It smells very much like vanilla flavoured yoghurt to my nose.

I'm not likely to don a sweet vanilla such as this one every day, but every once in a blue moon I enjoy scents like this. The entire Comptoir Sud Pacifique range makes me feel rather flirtatious and carefree. Their vanilla fragrances are great for the warmer months and have a distinctive sugary-ness that almost anyone can enjoy.

Although a fairly linear composition, Vanille Extreme EDT smells so pleasant on my skin that it can evidently get away with its simplicity. Seeing that all this fragrance does is remind me of delicious desserts, I have no qualms in placing Vanille Extreme EDT into the gourmand category.

Men have been known to respond well to vanilla scents on women. Vanille Abricot was quite a hit with my male friends last time I wore it, and I would expect a similar reaction if I were to wear Vanille Extreme EDT amongst the same crowd.

Unfortunately Vanille Extreme EDT fails to lasts any longer than 3 hours on my skin. I suppose this would improve if I sampled the EDP, however this stronger concentration is not easily accessible. Nevertheless, Vanille Extreme EDT was everything that I expected and more.

isadorable
isadorable

This is why I love perfumes... i feel like i hit the lottery upon smelling this one :) this scent marks the end of my search for a long-lost vanilla that i used to own (that was discontinued) in the 1990's.

the past decade for me has been peppered with one disappointing vanilla after another, none even comparing to my long-lost vanilla (lavanila to me was just not in the same ballpark, in regards to my search). though some were nice (vs vanilla lace), i was still left in utter disappointment, with many containing weird synthetic notes at dry-down (imo). this scent is soooooo creamy delicious, it's intoxicating!

what goes on in my head while sniffing this one is, "my baby, my sweet, SWEET, precious vanilla baby" lol! so glad to have this (i want to say "have this one back" it is that close to my old fav)... it really makes my decade!

raw umber

If ever there was a company that couldn't afford to reformulate its fragrances, it's CSP. Alas, Vanille Extreme, once a seriously creamy delightful gourmand beauty, has been reformulated, and now smells like nothing. I purchased this and Vanille Abricot at the same time, and actually threw my new bottles in the TRASH because I was told that they weren't returnable since I had opened them (Thanks a bunch, C.O. Bigelow!). At the store, they were using the original versions as testers, but were selling the new reformulated ones! what an infuriating waste of money.

When I got home and tried the new version of this fragrance I couldn't believe how awful it was. It was so weak and nondescript, it was insulting. Really just like mildly sweet water with no discernible qualities to speak of. It wasn't even good enough to swap. I would rather wear Body Fantasies Vanilla than this garbage.
Heartbroken.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

Oh wow I love this. Vanilla to the extreme alright, woo hoo. Yum.

The sugar and slight milkiness make this different to and sweeter than any other vanilla fragrance I own, and I own a few. It is a super duper sugary sweet vanilla with great sillage and longevity.

There was a plasticky smelling note that bothered me when I first staring using it, but now it doesn't bother me at all.

Gosh it's just delicious - excellent layering scent, especially with other gourmands! Olfactory indulgence all the way!

Délicieux
Délicieux

I wanted to love this one, but the vanilla was far too synthetic and cheap smelling on me. Bummer. It just goes to show you that fragrance can be vastly different on everyone. I can see many of the reviewers here love it. However, for me, I did much better with the Vanille Coco (also by Comptoir). For some reason, that smelled like a true vanilla...but again, body chemistry is a fickle pickle!

This has got very good lasting power. It stays on and on. So far I also like it. It's a nice creamy vanilla that can cheer you up.

heather.h.weber
heather.h.weber

After spraying this on my wrist...I want to eat my own arm! This scent literally makes my mouth water...that is how gourmand and amazing it is! This smells so good, true vanilla, sweet and the hint of the heliotrope in the background. The best true vanilla fragrance I have smelled! I am in love and I am hooked, now excuse me while I continue to try NOT to eat my own arm! ;)

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Extreme is 200% correct, this one is super duper sweet!!!! Your dentist would NOT approve!!!!

Vanille Extreme starts off with a tooth achingly sweet vanilla ice cream blast, as if you've had your head stuck in the carton & had a massive feeding frenzy. It's dripping from your nose, mouth & chin. You can almost FEEL the stickiness of the sugar, vanilla & milk. The vanilla here is like concentrated vanilla essence with the milk giving it a creaminess. Sillage is at maximum at this stage.

The heliotrope then joins in but turns into a bit of a party pooper, calming the sugary sweetness down with a floral twist. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful however personally I'd prefer the sugar, milk & vanilla to be solo.

The initial blast of Vanille Extreme EDT lasts about an hour or so on me, and then stays close to the skin, it doesn't completely fade. During the day I get vanillary whiffs that make me want to lick my arm.

I will enjoy my sample whilst it lasts, but I don't think I will be buying a full bottle of of Vanille Extreme. I like it, but I just don't love it.

Edit 2014: I ended up seeing this online at a great price with the body cream and I bought it. I still don't love it HOWEVER sometimes the simplicity of this scent is what I need. I also co-wear Vanille Extreme with other perfumes when I want to "vanille" them up!

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

OMG if you are a sweet gourmand kind of person, you will love this scent. this smells like a rice krispy treat. so sweet and marshmellowy. i love it.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Tooth achingly sweet creamy vanilla all the way. Great sillage. Surprising longevity considering its an EDT. A linear gourmand scent that will satisfy anyone who is craving a vanilla high. An easy to layer fragrance, that would entwine seamlessly with the rest of the CSP scents. Although the price isn't cheap, it's worth it as it comes across and rich and opulent. A great and safe gift as long as the receiver adores vanilla and cream. Definitely to buy a full bottle for me!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Vanille Extreme EDT is delicious...pure and simple. To sum it up, this is like wearing vanilla cake batter. If you don't like foody scents, you might want to run the other direction. I think that goes without saying for almost every CSP scent, however.

This is creamy, caramelized, sweet, milky, and rich. Having said that, it never gets to the point of being cloying, or of smelling like plain old sugar. It retains its thick richness for many hours on my skin. Once it gets into the drydown, it becomes slightly spicy and earthy in a lovely way. A very well-done gourmand.

lettyb76
lettyb76

This is the only perfume my husband likes on me. He says it makes me smell like vanilla ice cream, which he loves.

UPDATE: I have been wearing this a lot lately, but it's begining to be too sweet in 90 degree weather, so I decided to layer it with another perfume. I layered it with Kenzo Amour and it smells amazing.

CheriJB8
CheriJB8

Sweet Cavity inducing Vanilla. Smells edible....last a long time.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I still have this one in the original formulation. I have had the 100 ml bottle of this EDT for 4 years already. For an edt, it lasts an amazing 10 hours (even longer when sprayed on clothes) and has amazing sillage. I've had the bottle for 4 years and since it is aluminum (shuts down light which can break down fragrance components), the juice inside still smells the same as the day I bought it. The foodiest vanilla I've tried. Whenever I wear this, people comment "Who smells like cake?"
Sadly, they changed the packaging and formulation of this delish fragrance.

cocobella
cocobella

this one is one of the best vanilla fragrances i've tested so far. the vanilla is so rich and creamy and i don't get any headache from it, which i unfortunately do from most vanilla scents like eg. kenzo amour.
it is not very complex but it is just gorgeous.

susan1326
susan1326

It begins as a buttery rich vanilla, almost like cake batter. I love vanilla scents, but thought this was going to be too one-dimensional for me. What a wonderful surprise as the sweeter notes began to swirl and depth began to develop after a couple of hours of wear. Now it's irresistable! I believe Vanilla Extreme will be excellent for layering as well.
Update: I was right-works beautifully with layering. Using it under some lighter scents to create depth and enjoying the new combinations very much.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I really love this scent but I must say, when I spray it on, it almost smells caramelly-ish. Not really vanilla. Doesn't matter though, I'm still a big fan.

lilew
lilew

At first spray I wondered what all the rave reviews were talking about. It smelled nice, sweet, fun, vanilla. Then, completely forgot about it and went on with my day. The first person I encountered, well "intoxicating" was one of the words he said. As the day passed whiffs of happiness and bliss come to mind.
Just ordered another bottle, yum!

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

This is a one hit wonder. If you like vanilla...real vanilla, not synthetic sweet smelling vanilla, this will satisfy. I wouldn't say it has any depth of heliotrope or milk though. It's one dimensional.

aelias
aelias

Only for serious vanilla lovers...otherwise, do not attempt to wear this one. The staying power is great, and it is wonderfully comforting. I think the milk is what really differentiates this one from other vanilla scents. If I had to make a decision, this is the best "vanilla" scent that I have tried.

Update: I have so many men tell me I smell like cake.

Aureliev
Aureliev

Pour moi, c'est la meilleure vanille. Une vanille pure, amandée, lactée. Très très addictive. Quand je porte ce parfum, j'ai l'impression que je ne pourrais porter que ça!La tenue est vraiment irréprochable.

Comptoir sud pacifique est une de mes marques préférées, en vanille addict que je suis. Je regrette l'arrêt de certaines références de la marque.

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

Mmm... I think I'm becoming addicted ;)
I love the opening of this, it does have a strong resemblance to a vanilla-lipgloss I used to have but nicer imo. Sadly this doesn't last that long. The dry-down is a bit more raw, I can def pick up on the heliotrope, which to my nose/on my skin almost gives it a slightly a green/smoky smell, quite caramel-y too
Tempted to buy a fb

floof
floof

Ultra Gourmand hits the nail on the head for this fragrance! Yes, vanilla, caramel, milk, almond, cake batter- delicious! worlds better than warm vanilla sugar in my book and much more fragrant than a candle. i love gourmand fragrances and this one is amazing in light lasting power, initial intensity and all around yumminess! Well priced, too- the cheapest vanilla i have ever adored and one of the best comfort scents I have ever found in any price ranges.
Right after you spray it, it smells a lot like frosting and white cake and has horribly addictive top notes. When it dries down, it is more of a vanilla skin scent, subtle and creamy, no frosting, no cake, just a light vanilla/almond. At around $50 a bottle (or less on amazon/ebay) i can afford to spray all day and I assure you i take complete advantage of that. :) happy hunting!
Also on the comments on the edp being less powerful and yummy than the edt are completely true, although the vanilla extreme edp has a subtle scent with lasting power. First time I have found an edt more fragrant than an edp- but the rumors are true, EDT is stronger than EDP.

charlieshaw
charlieshaw

I adore Vanille Extreme To me it smells like a super sweet slice of vanilla sugar cake with a huge helping of vanilla icing. Imagine freshly baked vanilla sugar cookies, washed down with warm milk. That's what Vanille Extreme is! Heavenly fragrance!

to the last post...yeah...I'd like to buy your bottle of Vanille Extreme...can you email me...[email protected]

adele l
adele l

this one i bought unsniffed-big mistake. it's like straight up vanilla extract- if you're into that i have a full bottle!

Carnelian
Carnelian

Okay, you know those candles that are supposed to smell like vanilla cake batter? That's what I get when it's first on - like it's actually trying to smell like real food, but isn't quite making it. Intensely sweet, foody vanilla, and somewhat synthetic - not a fresh vanilla. After a bit, the caramel comes out, and it goes from being cake smelling to more candy smelling. Unfortunately, there is something very bitter at the base, which I do not like. Absolutely gourmand, a solid vanilla. Folks around you will be looking for the dessert. If that's your thing, this is a good pick. I'm more of a vanilla musk kind of girl, which this isn't.

milkyway
milkyway

in my opinion its a very strong vanilla..not for all vanilla lovers out there..
i personally really like vanilla scents, but this is a bit too harsh for me..heliotrope is making it quite bitter.
if you are like me and like your vanilla scents sweeter, try vanilla vanille by the body shop. lives up to my expectations every time:-)

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I can appreciate a perfume that smells exactly the way you think it should smell. I can appreciate Mr. Lions making a true-to-you vanilla that's different from all of these other cheap-smelling, gag-inducing vanilla perfumes. Unfortunately, this one is just not for me. It's too foody for my taste...but I'm sure that's how it's supposed to smell. I can handle this smell coming out of the oven, and occasionally from a candle...but not on my skin. If you're looking for gourmand, this would make a perfect option for you. I'm sure it's wonderful for layering and perfect for those who want a pure sweet vanilla. In fact, all of the Vanille series are good if you like sweet vanilla fragrances. They're warm and a few can even be considered somewhat uplifting. They're just too sweet on MY skin. On the up side, I have to admit that it was FUN trying all of them!

falovalo
falovalo

This is exactly what I was looking for, as it smells exactly like pure vanilla without any cloying notes to interfere with it. And my bf gave it to me :).

Amanda79
Amanda79

I ordered 4 Comptoir's unsniffed and this is the 1st one for me to try. Let me just say that I love vanilla! I've been on the search for a perfume that is almost 100% vanilla and THIS IS IT! It could stand to be more in-your-face but im not sure if the notes in this are capable of such feats. Its wears close to the skin and lasts considering how mellow the notes are. After an hour of wearing it has a VERY SLIGHT burnt smell that mixes with the warmth of the skin creating a vanilla swirl of heavenly goodness!! hehe :)

Olesandra
Olesandra

I think this vanilla is too much shugared. I can smell in it very delicate and milky-sweet vanilla under thick layer of the burnt slightly caramel.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette by Comptoir Sud Pacifique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.