Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women

Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women
dislike

Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women Videos
Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women Pictures Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women Pictures Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women Pictures Ex`cla-ma`tion Coty for women Pictures

Ex`cla-ma`tion by Coty is a Floral fragrance for women. Ex`cla-ma`tion was launched in 1988. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman. Top notes are apricot, green notes, peach and bergamot; middle notes are orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, cinnamon, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Apricot Green Notes Peach Bergamot

Strenesse

Ex`cla-ma`tion Fragrance Reviews

africanabrit
africanabrit

I, like a lot of others here, purchased this for nostalgic reasons. It was a perfume I didn't wear. It reminded me of nail varnish remover and hair spray. I found it harsh, but I'm currently going through a retro scent phase and I absolutely want to smell like this! I adore how simple, yet definitely a statement the bottle is. This reminds of teenage years for sure. But while everyone seemed to like take that and wear this, I wore addiction by Fabergé and liked east 17.

In a world currently filled with la vie est belle, range rovers and ballet flats. I'm happy in my heels, leather jacket, old 5 series and exclamation

CunningStunt
CunningStunt

Soft, simple, and unmistakably feminine, this stuff is nothing short of delicious. Very comforting fragrance and, in my humble opinion, highly underrated. This is likely because it's inexpensive and a bit dated on top of not being the best quality, but I adore it anyway. The powdery accord makes the fruitiness work with my chemistry, and makes me smell like powdered sour cherry candy with some musk and woody notes. Great for all ages and seasons; my 81 year old grandma smelled it on me and loved it so I got her a bottle too. The sillage can be a bit much in warmer weather if you don't go easy on the trigger, and men seem to go absolutely nuts for it regardless. The bottle is neat too. A classic and a must-have if you're into powdery, old school 80's and 90's things.. as much as it hurts to say the 90's are old school lol.

Oh, and while this may seem blasphemous to those who worship designer names, it layers amazingly well with a generous spray of D&G Light Blue. The LB exponentially increases the longevity, and makes the cedar and the tartness of the peach really pop.

Mmm...Smells
Mmm...Smells

Liked it then, love it now.

My nose is not fancy enough to pick out any notes, but I never smell anything close to "powder", or vanilla. It -is- a little Volupte-esque, to me.

It's just good. And I like it.

Thanks to Fragrantica, I found out I am a Grojsman fan, and have been for decades.

bcars10
bcars10

I used to wear this in high school, and I revisited it today in Gordmans.

It was never a favorite, and now I remember why: On my skin it is only a powdery, sweet peach. It approaches synthetic territory, which unfortunately happens a lot with peach, IMO.

I have always liked the bottle, but I feel the name doesn't match the bottle or the scent. It's cheap enough to take it out for a test drive though, if you're fond of peaches.

ashleynelson
ashleynelson

This just smelled like happiness in the springtime to me. Sunshine and flowers and butterflies and everything that evokes good feelings after a gloomy time. Smells like a citrus/peach lollipop, and despite my current aversion to overly sweet smells, I wouldn't mind having another tiny bottle of this around, especially for the price. I used to wear this in high school, I kept it in the car to spray on before church or if I was going to see one of my boyfriends ;). It seems like people enjoyed it, I don't remember receiving a ton of compliments but I also never had any complaints while wearing this, not even from my father whose car I would keep it in, and he hates everything that smells remotely of vanilla, so I guess my skin downplays that note a bit. Overall, it's really beautiful if you're looking for a sweet affordable fragrance that isn't as well known or worn as the Britneys and Taylor Swifts of the times. It doesn't smell dated to me either, I'm young and I'd totally rock this in 2017.

maya2000ro
maya2000ro

It was one of my childhood fragrances so i decided to buy it for old time sake.I remember i used to love it when i was 13-14 yrs old.Now....not so much.I don't hate it just because it triggers some nice memories but it's not something i would wear at 35 yrs old.It is powdery and sweet and i can smell vanilla (a combination i usually looooove )...but this...it is just...artificial and cheap.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I keep this because it brings back memories, it was very popular back in the day. Now to me it smells really artificial, but it is a fun and fruity fragrance.

LaurenBacall
LaurenBacall

Another one of those I just couldn't get behind. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel like if I tried to put it on today, I'd automatically start busting out the Madonna lyrics and sending out for the padded shoulder blazers.

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

My mom bought this for me back in my teen years. I thought it was strong, interesting and fun. I didn't totally gravitate to it every day but I appreciated it. I bought today's version and wasn't transported back at all. I think its been tweeked and that's a shame.
My bottle is the small $3 version from WallyWorld. Bought 11-13-16.

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

This was one of my first perfumes along with the Loves holiday gift set (baby soft, fresh lemon, soft jasmine) I was about 12 years old and I remember feeling so sophisticated wearing this lol For old times sake I just bought a bottle to see if the old magic is still there. This may be too muchl for me and Sophia Grosjmans perfumes are such intricate heavy heady floral peachy BOMBs but even if my tastes have changed, I think I still want to own this.
UPDATE: yes this is just as I remembered, sweet, powdery, young and fun. It takes me right back to the turbulence and agony of my preteen years, before I carried the weight of the world on my shoulders, when I thought the world would end because of a bad hair day instead of the wrong president being chosen.

fluff
fluff

My mum had received this perfume as a gift in the early 90s. I was a little girl back then. My favourite hobby was spraying my mum's perfumes. For some reason, I always was a bit intimidated by the look and feel of the bottle, it somehow seemed very serious and womanly in my eyes (I was too young to understand that it's supposed to be an exclamation mark!).

Anyway. Fast forward some years later, my mum gave me her bottle. I had other perfumes that I loved more, but I reached for Exclamation now and then. I remember spraying it on before going to a disco, and even though it had turned a bit by then, it still received compliments.

So here I am now, in my late 20s, alone in a new -beautiful!- city. I saw it in a shop and bought a bottle for nostalgia's shake. God, my new bottle smells even better! It's adorably and naively synthetic at first, but it dries down into a wonderful, musky vanilla peachiness with a dash of cinnamon. It's uncomplicated, juicy and tender, perfect for an overwhelmed immature woman like me! <3

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

Exclamation Point Perfume!

This was not an exclamatory fragrance at all. It's a sweet whisper, and from a young girl under eighteen. I remember this fragrance very well. I still wear it for nostalgia like I do with Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden and Coty's L'Effleur. So this frag was a breath of fresh air and such a welcome change from the heavy florals and Orientals and aldehydes that were selling at the same time like Coco EDP by Chanel, or Chanel No 5 with it's musk, or YSL Opium with it's incense and patchouli. To smell this scent after the others was like getting out of a prison and breathing the scent of freedom. For years it was the perfume that beginners could wear as their first fragrance with lasting power and decent sillage.

This was a perfume of such sweetness and femininity that it could only belong in the dresser table of a young girl still in public school. That didn't mean that only school age girls could wear it though. It was a Sophia Grojsman perfume (White Linen Tresor Diamonds and Rubies Sun Moon Stars Eternity Vanderbilt). This meant that it could also adorn the skin of a mature woman who is fond of powdery florals and vanilla.

The first spritz is a citrus and peach. The peach is sweet and fruity but not like the fruit tops of today's scents. It's powdery and soft. It's a lovely peach talc powder.

The middle notes contain rose and heliotrope both of which are powdery as far as floral notes go. There's also a sweet white jasmine and another hard to identify white flower. The florals are really very lovely but not heavy and not grown up. They're the same kind of sweet little flowers I associate with scents like Coty's L'Effleur. While this fragrance can still be described as a floral perfume, I think the fruit and powder are the real stars.

The dry down is pure vanilla, powdery and creamy at the same time. It's a good vanilla dry down if you like vanilla scents. This is a clean and sweet casual perfume to wear day to day.

It's pretty, it's pink colored, it's sweet and innocent and a fragrance that while outdated by today's standards, will make people stop and ask you what you're wearing because it is so different from any other fruity floral that sells today. Available on line on ebay and other sites like Amazon.com and Fragrance X. This is also a perfume that still sells in some outlets and drug stores/perfume stores that you won't find at the mall or at a Macy's.

Lovely!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Ex cla-ma tion

By Coty

Apricot Green Notes Peach Bergamot

Orris Root Jasmine Heliotrope Lily of the Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Cinnamon Musk Vanilla Cedar

"Make a statement without saying a word"

Exclamation is a lovely Sophia Grojsman fragrance that I had never experienced until this week so I'm pretty late to this perfume party. Based on the reviews I thought it would be a powdery girlish scent, or a light body mist, perhaps something comparable to a Victoria Secret's floral fragrance. I find it to be subtle but mature. Of course it can be worn by any girl or guy of any age but the notes are serious florals and this is a Sophia Grojsman perfume and she has created some amazing fragrances throughout the years. This is probably her softest and most youthful, but it's still very beautiful and heady; a fruity floral of the highest caliber.

The signature peach-apricot-nectar Sophia Grojsman opening is there in the top notes. If you like peach this is a sweet peach, fruity, flirty, and beautifully fragrant as it mixes and mingles with the other fruit: apricot and bergamot. It's a fresh start. It's fresh with a dash of bergamot orange and it's followed by a most delicious peach. As with other fruit flavored fragrances on me, the fruit lingers even when it comes time to the dry down. For me this is all about the delectable fruit.

It's a summer time fragrance, a spring fragrance, a day time fragrance, casual, relaxed and easy to wear. It's appropriate for school (and by school I mean junior high, high school and college) but it can also be worn to the office and to the work place. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this for my work, however, as this does not ooze the confidence and the CEO boss quality I like when wearing perfume for work. This is for a girl who is working a part time job, or her first full time job, and it's not going to offend anyone around her. After work, she can still wear this to meet with her friends, boyfriends, and wear it for dinner or the movies. It's rather flexible. This scent is for me along the lines of those easy to wear florals like Dana's Ambush or Navy.

The floral heart is miniscule with pronounced notes of rose, jasmine, heliotrope and lily the of the valley. It's definitely a subdued white floral with a dusty heliotrope which also smells of vanilla. Heliotrope is my favorite flower of all flowers so it's a pleasure for me to smell the heliotrope. This doesn't remind me of any other Sophia Grojsman fragrance although it does have typical Grojsman formulas from the 80's and 90's. If you enjoyed Tresor, Gloria Vanderbilt, Sotto Voce and Sun Moon Stars, you'll find this fragrance very pleasant and easy to wear as much as the others.

In the base we have a touch of wood courtesy of the sandalwood and cedar, a lot of vanilla and some amber. The dry down is soapy as much as it can be powdery. The vanilla is not very creamy. It's a straightforward vanilla with powder notes. The perfume is feminine and not unisex but it can smell just as good on a young guy. It's charming and has a vintage even outdated vibe but that's why I like it. I don't know anyone else that wears this perfume and I bought one for my sister who loved it.

The mood this fragrance puts me in is girly, youthful, optimistic, sweet, bright, cheerful. I adore the bottle and the packaging. The exclamation shaped stopper is so cute. It reminds me of the exclamation point in homework sheets that I had in school when I weas learning proper English grammar and syntax. They aren't kidding when they say this perfume smells of girls in school. It forces me back into that little chair with that desk that could be opened. I always sat in the middle where I could take a good look at all the other students - and vice versa. This perfume smells of first kisses, crushes on boys, sparkling stickers on notebook covers, and reminds me of TV shows of the early 90's like SISTER SISTER, CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL, or later shows like SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH and CLUELESS THE SERIES.

This perfume matches up with a cute little minidress, short but not scandalous or provocative, or with spaghetti strap tops and shorts, and bright colors like lime green, flamingo pink, neon orange, and sunflower yellow. This is a perfect introduction to fragrances for young girls. If you are reading this perfume and you're new to Fragrantica and want to wear floral perfumes that do not come off as mature, this is the right perfume for you.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Exclamation like a lot of us here on Fragrantica is a perfume I wore as a pre teen and teenager in high school, from around the 7th grade to freshman year of high school By sophomore year I think I believed I was too mature for this stuff. This was always very soft and lightly textured. This was what made it such a winner. In those days it was hard to find even scented strips in magazines that smelled like something suitable to a girl when all you smelled was Giorgio Beverly Hills scent strips, Coco Eau de Parfum and heavy Oriental florals for mature ladies. This was such a breath of fresh air. The sillage and longevity was poor. It didn't throw out much of an aroma and it was gone before an hour or 2 were up. It was just something to wear to smell nice in class. It was charming and sweet. Sophia Grojsman made this perfume and that was hard to believe considering she's made such fantastic mature scents like Estee Lauder White Linen, Passion by Elizabeth Taylor, Diamonds and Rubies by Elizabeth Taylor, Eternity by Calvin Klein Lancôme Tresor and Karl Lagerfield's Sun Moon Stars. This is nothing like any of thos scents but it does share some similar notes. It's like Sophia rearranged many of the same notes: peach, vanilla, heliotrope, rose, and always dabbled with powder. This is a pretty powder puff perfume. The scent opens with fruity peach and apricot. The peach is absolutely delicious, virtually the same peach scent in Tresor, Sun Moon Stars and Diamonds and Rubies. The sweet fruitiness doesn't make any exits and instead the fruit is joined by rose and heliotrope. The sweet florals were not cloying or too heavy just little dainty flowers. The dry down was vanilla, sweet powdery vanilla. This was the height of femininity just like a girl's make-up kit which she would keep in her handbag she would take out just in time for the school dance. This was always a magnet for boys too. This is what every boy in my school loved to smell on girls. The problem was that after a while it was all over the school and every girl wore the same perfume and you know how annoying that is. It became the teenage version of GIORGIO BEVERLY HILLS and became obscenely popular. At one point I even caught my mother borrowing some of mine in my own bedroom in Charleston. I asked her what are you doing? She said I wanted to try out your perfume that you bought with your father's allowance to see what kind of taste you have in perfume. She said I had a good taste. Now I can only wear this out of nostalgia. This is a 1980's sweet youthful teenage perfume and much more enjoyable than the radical and overpowering Camp Beverly Hills. This perfume is still one of my favorites.

eli.78
eli.78

Reading the reviews for this makes me feel strange . . . I was a teenager in the 90's, but I have never smelled this on anyone, *ever* so without any emotional (or otherwise) connotations I feel like I have the freedom to adore this to pieces. . . Ex'clamation is what I wanted Youth Dew to smell like!!; vaguely reminiscent of Dr Pepper or coke - not the scent exactly, but the same feel or vibe . . . anyway, that is what this is for me. I love the notes, and sweet powdery perfumes . . . actually I seem to *really* love Sophia Grojsman. It's a cologne, but it lasts on my skin. Dated - yes, maybe - but I don't think it matters (well, to me). I find this different and beautiful and interesting. I will buy a bottle, and if someone thinks I smell like a 90's teenager wearing cheap perfume, that is totally fine; I LOVE it

AlexGargoyl
AlexGargoyl

I got a sample of this today, after 17 years of seeing it for the first time!! I couldn't afford it back then when I was in highschool (when my perfume obsession was just budding) so I was left with a certain nostalgia about it. But I remember sniffing it on a magazine page back in the day and liking it and it's the same scent imprinted on my olfactive memory ;) The fragrance is warm-spicy, sweet and playful with a mix of fruit and vanilla. Still like it!

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

An enjoyable, sweet, powdery rose with tart fruit notes. Pleasing and wearable. There's something about this that reminds me of Eternity, Grosjman's other 1988 creation. May be a bit dated but I like it. A nice, reasonably priced example of a great perfumer's work.

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

I wore this religiously in high school, where my love for perfume began. In those days it was all Exclamation, Body Shop White Musk and other light perfumes suitable for the young and innocent (lol). I loved it and particularly remember the summer of when i was 14. I got my braces off and got my hair done in a poodle perm and, spritzed all over with this perfume, i just felt on top of the world. Oh to feel like that again!!
Then when i turned 16, my mum and dad bought me a bottle of Samsara, my first "proper" perfume. And so I moved on. But this perfume will always hold special memories for me!
( as an aside i bought a bottle out of sheer nostalgia a couple of months ago and had it up for sale on ebay nearly faster than the time it took for the spray to leave the bottle! Some memories are best left in the past!!)

zyby
zyby

This was a recent blind buy that I had to return as it just didn't work for me. Sigh.

On me, EXCLAMATION started out with a blast of peach and apricot which was a little sharp and too strong (and I like strong scents). It wasn't horrible, but it was annoying. After about an hour, the fragrance quieted down and became warm, spicy and actually quite lovely. Unfortunately, this didn't last long. Soon, it changed again into a powdery scent that was still pleasant, but very faint. Then it was gone. Start to finish: less than 3 hours. If this scent lasted all day, it would have been worth putting up with the initial hour, but under the circumstances it was not.

Victoria86
Victoria86

Is a drugstore classic! very affordable, decent sillage and longevity and smells delicious! cant ask for more at that price. I cant find it in my country but I would buy it again!.

krissykatpawz81
krissykatpawz81

Last time I wore this I was 14years old in 1995,lol,I thought I was on top of everyone when I wore this,it was my aunt's,I used to sneak it out of her things,she got so fed up that she gave it to me,so as a little jk&gift, I bought her a bottle this year,she cried,loved it.It smells very powdery to me now like wow!!!!A lot of powder,peachy,cute,but I'm so used to quality good brands of perfumes,that now it doesn't smell as good to me,but for memories sake,I enjoyed smelling again,it only lasted 1 hour or 2,but the bottle my teenage son liked,I notice men around me like this scent more than me,I think it's cute,maybe to do chores,or kick bk days.

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

A drugstore classic! :) Powdery and dark-sweet, probably works on some and not on others, so you should try it before buying it!

Maymouna
Maymouna

This was the one that everyone loved at school - back in the 90's - this and Body Shop's White Musk :-)

I purchased it again - 24 years later! It was the nostalgia and the memories. I was apprehensive that I wouldn't like it but, I still really, really like it.

It's definitely powdery and sweet - I get vanilla, florals, and a fruitiness all at the same time - carried by the powdery aspect of this scent, with a hint of the wood too. I thought this might be sickly sweet, and too 'young' for me but surprisingly it's not.

On the down-side, it is a weak perfume - sillage is not great and doesn't stay on my skin.

I think young girls would still really enjoy this - superduper affordable and fun.

faerywren
faerywren

I got this perfume for Christmas 1989 or 90 from a boyfriend. It smelled nice but wasn't really my style. Never one for sweet and powdery, I usually only wore it because I knew he liked it. Then I found out it was his ex's usual perfume and I ditched it; and him not long after.

nordhaul
nordhaul

Love the bottle!!! Even when I got this as a kid
I got it for the bottle and the scent I thought it
smelled pretty!! But I was never very comfy in
it yet never knew Quite why... now with a grown
vocabulary (and growing awareness in perfumery)
I have come to discover it is because this is very
LINEAR in scent, and I tend to favor those with a
full bodied aroma, for a fully bodied olfactory exp-
erience ;). Yep. Opening note, middle note, base
note - are what I expect in a perfume. ...Peace...

CalliopeBelle
CalliopeBelle

I got my first kiss in 1991 while wearing this perfume! My boyfriend was crazy about it. I loved it too. Back then I was attracted to the bottle. I had the set with the lotion and perfume. I had such fond memories attached to this. I thought it was sophisticated and sexy. Last week, I bought a stocking stuffer size at Walmart for $3. Even though it smells EXACTLY as I recalled, I can't stand the smell of it anymore. It is so very cloying. I used to think that people were exaggerating when they said a perfume gave them a headache. But that's exactly what happened to me. It's so hard for me to describe the scent because the totality of the fragrance is so overwhelming. I can't pick single notes out. Peach? Vanilla? I don't know. I can't tell. It's just a mess.

plum
plum

Trauma from my teenage years. In the 90s it was a signature scent of every other girl in my school. Even my English teacher was wearing this and every time she spoke to me, I couldn't catch my breatch!
I had no idea about notes of this (and don't want to have) but is was sickly sweet, laud, offensive and just not good...
I believe these girls have beautiful memories and this bottle means a lot for them (as much as Oui Non for me) but I am glad I don't have to sniff it any more.

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

I love what Sophia Grojsman did with powdery. I must because powdery isn't something I would go for you know. Here is the 'sweet' of the late eighties. It really isn't sweet at all. It's vanilla. But it's musk. It's floral. It's soft but not what you'd call light. I wouldn't over-spray an 80's fume if you want to live long. Seems like everything comes back into fashion again. Word is animalics may be on the come-back as people tire of sweet and clean. This is like many of those past scents that may be much more enjoyed today by people who never wore them, have no history or memory of them. It could also be a great find for a guy seeking a unisex scent. Something feminine 30 years ago is considered pretty masculine today very often. For me? It's a brand new, fresh find!

lirael00
lirael00

Well, lucky all of you who had a chance to wear this Coty gem in the 90's. In our country it wasn't available, so even now when I have the bottle, no one can recall anything about it. What can I say, that I adore thos vanilla apricot-peachy juice. So girly, so nice. It' sweet but not in nowadays new gourmand perfumes kind of way. I'm crazy about apricot so when I saw the notes, I had to have it! Moderate sillage and lasting power. So glad I found it!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I don't know if it is because I have the eau de cologne version, but this is so light on me I can bearly smell it on myself. And it doesn't smell as I remember it. It used to smell all lovely and teenagerish but now it smells like weak peaches and apricots. Strangely headache inducing even though it is weak, maybe because of the syntheticness of it??? Anyway, 3/10 because it's not foul but it's far from fabulous.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

i got started early and this was one of them, also blush! I am on a mission to collect these early 90s scents as I was 12-14 wearing them then ;)

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

I respect it because my mother loves it. Always reminds me her and her love to it. Purchesed in CVS for 28$

Krissylovesjesus
Krissylovesjesus

Ex'cla-ma'tion This used to be one of my favorite perfumes way back,I probally wasn't old enough to wear it,maybe but it was the best thing to me,I used to sneak into my aunts things&spray it all over myself! Oh I got paid back my 8year old daughter does it to me now,lol. ☺ I ordered a brand new 50ml bottle offline&when I sprayed it wow all of a sudden memories flying everywhere, nice now I don't love it like I used to,but I can see why I loved it so much,back then most perfumes where bad that I smelled,and I was raised by my great grandma&she wore wind song,lol so yup this was thee best in my eyes,along with vanilla fields back then.Now I smell&get a lot of powder&a faint fresh peach,vanilla,it's okay,but for memory lane it was worth every penny! Great daytime.

myram7
myram7

All I can say is that I'm SO GLAD this little gem is back in my life! It had to be one of my first perfumes that I personally bought. My mom bought so many perfumes for me when I was little from AVON, so I have a great fondness for those, but...Exclamation brings me back to my carefree days before serious days of school and boyfriends...just having a lot of FUN with my girl friends :)

I've never smelled something that brought me so many good memories - this is a keeper and the scent, although quite linear is PERFECT for helping me get back and stay back "in the moment".

This has a certain sweetness with a soft touch - it's very pretty. And I don't care if I'm over 40+ - I still enjoy this as much as the first moment it came into my life.

LucyLucy
LucyLucy

Hahahaah got the sample from the Girlfriend magz when I was 12 the only thing that I remembered that I was loving it and it was my "signature" scent lol will def buy it if only I can get it here :D

daisyvision
daisyvision

I bought a small bottle of Exclamation recently, as I find myself revisiting nostalgic scents of the '90s. I couldn't for the life of me remember what this smelled like, but I have always been intrigued by the bottle as well as the tagline - "Make a statement without saying a word". I am sure I had this as a kid, or, at least borrowed my sister's out of her caboodle from time to time! =)

For such a quirky bottle and the promise of statement-making, this scent doesn't quite live up to the hype, BUT... that's not a bad thing, because it's still beautiful. It isn't at all loud, obtrusive or bold. Wow, did this perfume really come out of that exclamation point bottle? It's so soft, sweet and safe! Creamy vanilla, sweet peaches & apricots with just a little pinch of cinnamon. Wispy musk, soft sandalwood and delicate rose.. it smells as if it could just float right away!

Don't let the bottle fool you. This is a well composed and serious scent. I'm glad I snagged a bottle.

marcela heredia
marcela heredia

I just love it reminds me when i was fifteen its not the best fragance in the world but for me Its like a treasure

PerfumeLoveKK22
PerfumeLoveKK22

This is my mothers favorite, even though I don't own it I sometimes go In her room and sneak a few spritz. Its powdery, creamy and sweet. To my nose this smells like creamy rice pudding, with cinnamon sprinkled on top and apricot slices on the side.
In translation I smell Vanilla, cinnamon, apricot and musk. Longevity and silage is very good! and the price is unbeatable.

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

I used to wear Exclamation in 1990 ish.....when I only had one or two perfumes... and then years have gone by and I have now become an avid collector, I saw this on Amazon for £6 for 50ml so I bought a bottle for nostalgia..... and it didn't disappoint. It smells exactly how I remember it, and just because its almost 30 years old, doesnt mean it old-fashioned, it is just as beautiful as the popular perfumes on sale today.... it stands proudly next to my Chanel & Guerlain fragrances, and is every bit as important to me, even though it was only cheap....
I don't know if it has ever been reformulated, but I absolutley do recognise it, so if it has been changed in any way, there isn't much of a change.... Its a beautiful fruity, musky floral..... I wear it for work regularly/ and is equally as good for an evening scent.

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

have worn this perfume since it came out in 1988 when I was in 7th grade it was my signature scent in middle school!!!

I have repeatedly purchased this over the years and to this day it never gets old! I still get compliments when I wear this!!

It's long lasting without being heavy...to me it has a powdery,amber/vanilla-ish,woody/rose kinda mix its kinda hard to describe lol but OMG it smells good (even if has a synthetic thing going on lol)

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

Hello old friend! Just as I remembered her. Fun, fearless and none too serious. For me it's always been really hard to separate the notes in this juice. It just smells like ex' cla-ma' tion to me. That and my youth. Glad to have it in my stash again. Not sure where/what it would be appropriate for, but right now wearing it to bed and having it stir up memories is enough for me.

t4x3

In my last review of Exclamation, I said I would certainly not buy a bottle. Seems I can't be trusted in this regard. I bought a small bottle of Exclamation in Guymon, OK while on a road trip. Clearly, someone who works at the pharmacy in the local grocery, Carter's, is a perfume lover. There was a charming wall of perfume with an eclectic collection. Coty classics, celebrity scents, an impressive selection of Thierry Mugler Alien, Angel and their flankers all sharing the shelf with boxes of humorous knock-offs like Crazy Lady and Hotness. There were also some deeply discounted bottles of things like Estee Lauder Youth Dew Sensuous Nude on a clearance shelf. I was tempted to buy some of those discounted bottles, but settled on little holiday promotion bottles of Exclamation and Lady Stetson. There was no way I was walking out without buying something. Whoever stocks that perfume department needs to be rewarded.

I had not smelled Exclamation since I abandoned it for Chanel No. 5 about a year after its release. It was absolutely delightful in 0 degrees while I went flying down the tubing hill at a ski resort with my daughter. It is as sharp and synthetic smelling as I recall with a fresh, fast citrus blast that takes a powdery, rose-based turn. It is distinctive until you remember Lancome Tresor, also created by Sophia Grojsman. Exclamation and Tresor are like sisters who are more alike than they realize. One is not as wild as she supposes, the other not as sophisticated, but both are fun and appealing.

mjsx
mjsx

Like many others I first smelled this scent when I was very young. (Late 90s, early 2000s) I remember being about 8 years old or so and I remember I would always sneak spray it from my mothers best friend's bottle's behind their back so they wouldn't know! We lived with my mother's best friend and I remember after she would would finish showering, getting dressed, and doing her makeup she would always spritz this on herself and be on the go. I absolutely loved it, and I always felt grown and mature when I would use it! Like many children I wanted to feel grown up and using this would make me feel like a an adult. I didn't know the name of it but recently I asked my mom and sister (who also had a bottle that my mom bought her) if they knew the perfume that was black and white and round, and that my mother's best friend would use. They told me the name and I immediately looked it up and seeing the bottle brought back many memories.

I recently went on the hunt to find this, and being that I live in NYC I found many stores that still carry it! It was $14 for the big bottle but the salesmen left it to me for $12. Unlike many that have been posting on here, I do not feel that I've outgrown this perfume! It still makes me feel very feminine, and the powdery scent makes me feel clean but cozy all at once. Although I can say, you can tell it is an old perfume because it seems much less complex than modern fragrances. This will definitely be a signature fragrance in my collection from now on!!

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

A friend of mine gave me this in about 1999 - 2000 when I was around 13/14 years old.

I remember this being strong, musky, powdery and what I though at the time, fizzy. It's longevity was superb.

I used to spray it on my fitted denim jacket during the summer when I hung around with my friends on a small wooden bridge over a burn (stream for the non Scots out there!) Those were the best times of my early teenage years.

I haven't smelt this in a very long time but might have a spray of a tester in boots if I see it for some nostalgic therapy :)

skylamor
skylamor

What can I say, I love this scent... NOW. I sort of liked it when it was the rage back in the day, but never wanted to be associated with such a generic (cheap) fragrance. On a whim, I picked up a tiny bottle of this. Sprayed it on just for chits and giggles and to my amazement I absolutely loved it. I don't even relate any of the notes listed really. Plain and simple it just smells good!

MilkyLove
MilkyLove

I bought this for nostalgia as a good friend of mine from school used to love and wear it. I wish I hadn't as I just don't like it. I'm surprised many people pick up vanilla in this fragrance as I don't detect it at all and vanilla is one of my most favourite notes. For some reason I think of blackberries when I smell this, could be my chemistry. If anyone wants it they can have it and just pay the postage.

lovepie
lovepie

I miss this, totally not accessible from where I live!!! :(

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Exclamation is nice and fresh. On my skin rose is the most prominent note. Then comes the vanilla, peach and apricot. I can't sense anything woody in this frag. No cinnamon and amber, which for me is not bad. I can't smell lily of the valley at all, but there is a hint of bergamot and green notes. The drydown is kind of synthetic with my body chemistry, but in a good way. Sillage and longevity - moderate. Overall I liked it, maybe I am going to purchace a bottle soon.

Olivietta
Olivietta

It was a blind, lucky buy. Actually I was interested in another Coty, but for 8 euros I decided to add this one as well to my online order.
I really like it. I had never had it before, during my teen age I used Charlie and Naj Oleari, but where I live Coty wasn't a must have for young girls. I dare to say it is almost unknown.
It reminds me Lancome Tresor and, when fading, Dior Dune.
To me it isn't a cheap, girly parfum, at all.
I can smell the rose, the peach, it is a pleasure, so delicate, so cosy.
It is a very nice flowery-fruity, well done parfum.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

My mom was rad enough to buy this for me in 1994 and was lame enough to retract the gift after my generous over-spraying gave her the most massive, eyes-swimming-in-sockets headaches. I was heartbroken - Exclamation smelled like "cool" music and pretty girls in Clothestime duds (things I was becoming keen on as a ten-year-old in Orange County!) ..."But MooooOOOOooom!"

Then, in 2002, my senior year of high school, I smelled it again on this obnoxious chick in my government class. I think the only way Exclamation is sprayed on is in massive quantities, and, DANG, girl bathed in the shizz.

While my friends and I (being SO early 2000's by driving new Beetles and wearing Tommy Girl, Ralph Lauren Ralph and Lucky You) rolled our eyes and scoffed at our dated, strong-smelling classmate together, alone I leaned into her while passing her in the hall and stood next to her after P.E. class with the hopes she'd spray on a fresh round after the lazy game of volleyball we were forced to participate in.

I loved/love Exclamation. Guilty pleasure! Sorry, NOT sorry! ;)

UPDATE: I still love this little perfume and I love coming back and reading about how all of you feel about it too. Great stories and memories. :)

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Yo yo yo! I just got it today at a very good price at Indizio store and I'm so happy!!!:)))))))))) It's EDC but I sprayed it 4 hours ago and it still smells beautifully, even better than my old EDT! My highschool memories came back alive, I want more surprises of this kind!:D

t4x3

I had a year long infatuation with this perfume in 1988 when it launched. Ex'cla-ma'tion smelled so novel, a blast of what seemed to be freshness in an era when perfumes and colognes were so heavy and severe. It was sharp, energetic, synthetic. I thought I loved Coty Ex'cla-ma'tion. But then I realized the statement I wanted to make without saying a word was better expressed via Chanel No.5. I was fortunate enough to receive a bottle of Chanel No.5 for my high school graduation and it became the only scent I wore for several years. I would like to smell Ex'cla-ma'tion again. Would I be reminded of what attracted me to it back then? Would it still smell fresh to me? I'll update if I ever get a chance to sniff it again. I'm sure not going to buy a bottle.

Katrin77
Katrin77

OMG. THAT perfume... Almost forgot about it. How could I?? This was the first scent with a really strong WOW-factor to it! I was in Junior high when I first smelled it. And it was the prettiest girl in school who wore it. Of course. All the boys were crazy for her, cause she really was gorgeous! She was also friendly and nice in every way.

I SO wanted to smell like this myself and I had to save up money quite a while to buy a bottle. When I did, I felt like I owned the world! It smelt heavenly!

I haven't rebought it, but I really need to, now that I suddenly remembered it again. More then its' actual notes, I can recall the "feeling" of it. I will maybe return to give a new review of this, this time as an adult - more that 20 years after our first encounter.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

This smells like scented feminine hygiene products. I actually kind of like it other than that association.

christabella
christabella

If anyone has a bottle of this and wants to sell it to me, please send me a private message. I miss this perfume so much and I can't find it anymore.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

Guess what I found while I was going through old stuff! That's right, Exclamation. I sprayed it on, and I'm definitely sure that my skin chemistry isn't what it used to be. This was once my favorite perfume, right alongside Love's Baby Soft, Electric Youth, and Wind Song. Now though, I kinda wonder what I thought was so great about it. I will be passing this on to my daughter, and maybe she'll help me remember.

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

It's like a bunch of otter pops melted on my skin...not a pretty smell. I definitely won't be buying another bottle of this.

Tiger84
Tiger84

I had this at home for God knows how many years but at least 10. 15 ml small bottle, the scent remained perfectly the same, so it keeps wonderfully. The opaque bottle surely helps. It is in my office drawer (among so many others) and I feel I can reach for it any time in any weather or condition if my morning scent faded away.

Cheerful lovely scent, not too sweet, light on the powder, lightly gourmand.

Add ginger and you get Putain des Palaces.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Junior High School in a bottle! This was probably the first fragrance I ever smelled on a woman. It made my nuts drop, I instantly went through puberty, and wanted to know what was under all those clothes. If your teenage daughters having boy trouble buy her a bottle of this and it just might improve her situation.

tubereuse
tubereuse

A young, fun scent, warm peachy. Instantly recognizable, nothing like it - this was everywhere back in the day & is worth a pick up for good old times sake :)

Alysha
Alysha

I bought this blind. I have 2 bottles as it was a gift package from shoppers, for $14. It's not bad, kind of girlish, but definitely got a synthetic vibe. I don't often reach for this in the mornings. Its purpose in my collection is to provide variety, I suppose, and I've always been curious about how this one smells. I knew a girl once who wore it, but I had never tried it before.

Actually, prior to buying it, I did ask to test it out at walmart in the beauty department. The clerk told me that since everyone already knows what it smells like, they don't provide testers. This wasn't her policy, it was the store's policy. Although disappointed, I was also amused at the idea. How do you ever gain new perfume customers if you assume everyone already knows what your product smells like? What about the new generation of people experimenting with perfume?

Anyways, I was more determined at this point and to snag it on sale at that. And I did. Its worth a try, but don't expect super juicy fruits or anything; be prepared for a synthetic, slightly pleasant vibe.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

I loved it, ha ha ha! It's very 90's, happy, carefree and sensual.
If you like it, Diamonds by Armani is very similar.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

Soft musk, creamy sandalwood, warm apricot and peach, and sweet spice from the cinnamon. Cozy, comforting, and unpretentious. The scent is very linear and simple, so to bring it a little more personality, I like to wear it on my wrists with a spray of Burberry Women on my neck/chest after bathing with Vanilla Sandalwood soap. Sometimes I'll even add a little Kuumba Made Amber & Sandalwood oil on the back of my neck.

Ex`cla-ma`tion does sort of resemble Vanilla Coke or Dr Pepper when first sprayed. That's not a negative to me, however. I love the way it smells!

possession83
possession83

I loved it 15 years ago, when I was in high school and I still love it. Even though after all those years I seek more complexity in my fragrances I always have a bottle of Ex'cla-ma'tion in my closet. It comforts me and takes me back to years when my life was so simple and carefree.

PropTart77
PropTart77

To me, this perfume will always smell like the 8th grade, when this was my "signature" scent. As a woman rapidly approaching 40, ex'cla'ma'tion is a bit too young for me now, although it has a lot of nostalgia.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

To me this is gourmand, not too deep and with a hint of green notes which helps to balance the sweetness. Apricots naturally have a tart and almost musky aspect to their flavour, which is brought out so well in Ex'cla-ma'tion.

I smell mostly apricot, vanilla and musk, and a cocoa that's not included in the notes. Not many of the flowers come through for me, but there is a pleasant woody-amber dry-down which is soft and slightly powdery.

This reminds me of my favourite 'Chocolate Box' apricot truffle, which has a lightly whipped apricot centre encased in milk chocolate. Yum! This perfume is much cheaper and it won't end up on my hips! Nicely priced too. Just go lightly on the sprayer.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

This scent is quite powdery, and I don't really smell the fruity notes all that much.
Mostly I get a woody/semisweet smell and lots of wonderful bergamot, plus a powdery musk.
This could be a unisex fragrance, actually, since it's not especially candylike sweet and there is that definite sandalwood and cedar mixture throughout,particularly in the drydown.
Longevity and sillage are quite good, although not overpowering. With a light touch, this works in an office situation, and a slightly heavier application is great for a casual daytime date.

Miss.Tara
Miss.Tara

This was powdery for me. I prefer more fruity or floral scents. It does last a long time and smells the same on coats and clothes days later. It's soft and understated. I have no idea why it's called exclamation. I guess you can't very well market a perfume called period.

Stellakal
Stellakal

I've read some of your comments about how horrible this is. And yes, I did agree. I got this as a gift and I just couldn't stand it. It smelled cheap and kind of like an old woman. Oh my god, I did hate it so much. I let it stand on my shelf for about a year, had some thought of giving it away.

But one day... I sprayed it on just to decide if I wanted to throw it out or not. At first this strong scent of "tree" came out. Is that sandalwood maybe? Didn't like it. But as it settled down, the vanilla started to show, and all these soft notes came out. This is a perfume I just can't explain. At first I find it smelling really cheap, kind of soapy. But as it settles down its really nice and soft. It still has a heavy scent to it but it's not over powering. So really, either you love this, or you hate this. It's horrible at first, but it grows on you.

I feel like I'm really mature in this fragrance. Not in an old way but in an "I'm confident and make good choices" kind of way. Does that make sense? ;)

And it last for sooo long! I can still feel it in the morning when I wake up the next day. And the scent that stays is this powdery vanilla. It's just beautiful. I would use this only at night time and not in the summer or spring. It's too heavy.

This shows that even the cheaper perfume can be good. It's not all about the brand. :)

zzMaja
zzMaja

I wore this as a signature scent when I was in my 30's. I loved it and wore it for several years. I am not sure I could feel the same way about it. That being said, it was wonderful, potent, great for an evening out. I remember smelling it on a friend and I had to have it.

clrieger

Wow, that this is still around as I saw it at Walgreens, and bought a small bottle as a memento to my first year out of college in 1988. I liked it then and like it now. What I find interesting is that when Lancôme Tresor came out and I was also hooked. Did not know until recently that both fragrances were created by Sophia Grojsman. Very similar with some of the same notes. I like them both such that Ex'cla-ma'tion is more wearable during the day as the cologne has lasting power. Tresor is wonderful for evenings and special occasions. A little goes a long way.

Dillinger
Dillinger

I remember having a bottle of this when I was about 13/14 (Im 31 now..) and I know I liked it but cant quite recall how it smelt on me. I remember seeing a bottle of it on a friends dressing table and thinking how grown up she seemed ;D Haha good memories. I think I may have to try a spray when Im in town next to see if it smells the same. This and a bottle of 'Tribe' and Id be made up ;D

april26
april26

WOW - i had this in jr high over 25 yrs ago and loved it then - curious what I would think now. lol

matereac9
matereac9

signature scent as a 15-18 year old. i'm now in my 20s and this still has that same sickly sweet smell on me. it smells like dr pepper on my skin. on my mum it smells like sweet flowers. i still have a bottle. i go back to it when i'm feeling sentimental towards my youth.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

This smells like junior high and high school. Not the happiest time of my life, but I do remember people telling me I smelled good.

Light, powdery, youthful. Still a good fragrance for a young girl.

thalassaemia
thalassaemia

This perfume is great for those days when you want people to sit away from you on public transit ;)

I pick up a hint of black licorice mixed with the powdery scent, and the juxtaposition of those two scents makes it somewhat tolerable for me.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

One of the first fruity florals to come out after an era of super strong oriental scents,I remember getting this for the first time when I was in Primary school for Xmas and years later got a bottle and I still love it,my husband seems to like this one a lot and it always reminds me of the late 80s and early 90s and brings back good memories for me.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

The first time I smelled Ex'cla-ma'tion was just a few days ago. Immediately, my mind raced trying to figure out where I had smelled this before. A few minutes later it came to me.

I think that Ex'cla-ma'tion smells A LOT like Victoria's Secret's Amber Romance! Very strange, since the notes are very different. I think when Ex'cla-ma'tion dries down it is much more powdery than Amber Romance, and there is an underlying soapy tone that Amber Romance lacks, but at first they both share that warm, peachy kind of feel.

Ex'cla-ma'tion is sweeter than I expected it to be, and it isn't nearly as strong. I find it a very pleasant fragrance, very smooth and comforting once it has settled. It is youthful, but not young. While Ex'cla-ma'tion's box proclaims, "Make a statement without saying a word", I don't find this to be a statement making fragrance. Maybe it was more potent back in the day, but as of now I think this is a soft, calm perfume.

I like it.

Emeraudeb
Emeraudeb

Well,I didn't like it.
It reminds me the smell of my aunt.I fell like this perfume makes too old for me.(I'm 18)
I received it for Christmas but never liked it.
And it smells too much for me.

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

This was my signature scent when I was in high school. I bought a small bottle last year, but hated the way it smelled on me. I guess after 20 years I should have expected that. To me it has a play dough type smell now.

AdrianB
AdrianB

This will always remind me of my BF. It was her signature scent for years. She wouldn't wear anything else. Work, play, day or night. Always this.

The one time I bought it for myself I ended up giving it to her because it "wasn't me". I was an Electric Youth/Navy/Aviance Night Musk gal. We're early 40s now and I still think of this as her scent. I should get her some for Christmas; she'd probably still wear it.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

oh and I had some kind of fascination for this back in the 90's.. (the "fabulous 90s") !! I can still remember how fun-spirited this cologne is and I had owned the big bottle. The Vanilla is very prominent but not in an offensive way. Would I buy this again today? hmmm... maybe not. Would I recommend it? maybe.. :)

prettyswag
prettyswag

This is a early 90's hip scent ..so many memories being around my older sister and she wore this so well and I knew when she was going out on a date..when the air smelled of clean,femme,florals and powder, her dark berry lipstick, her sling back short heels,her tight crop shiny blk pants, and her dark blue chiffon collar shirt with her gold link jewelry and the music playing was..fresh prince/will smith...summer time and heavy d...we gotta good thang....omg! memories!

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

Haha so early 90's. A friend of mine had it in 7th grade. That's when I first smelled this stuff. People must still love it because it's still around. I like the scent I get from the initial spray, but once it begins to settle on my skin and dry down it becomes a powdery bore!! Pass!!

EveLily
EveLily

Not a bad scent but, way to sweet smelling for me. To me it smells like Diors Poison.

daintypink01

my mother's favorite back in the early 90s.. i bought one in year 2006. gave me headaches. it's not the same anymore. smells like fabric conditioner. i gave it to my mother..

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I can still sing the theme song from the 80's. In fact, the last time I bought a bottle, it was for an 80's theme party I was attending. And I can't imagine why I would buy one now. This scent was fun when I was a little kid, but it's not something I would try to wear seriously.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

Kiera79...I LOVE your review! We must be the same age. Side ponytails and poufy bangs, jeans cuffed and rolled up at the ankles, acid-washed denim skirts! I was a cheerleader in 1990-91 and the heavy, powdery fragrance of Exclamation! would fill the girls' bathroom as we primped before basketball games. There are some fruity-floral notes buried beneath all of the spicy powder. I picked this up at the drugstore recently, and with the first spritz, I was reminded of a New Kids On the Block video. This was the fragrance I imagine the girls in their "The Right Stuff" video were wearing.

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

Oh I have fond memories of this, it was "my" perfume before my teen's, I used to save up my pocket money & buy bottle after bottle I LOVED it & felt very grown up as non of my friends at the time wore perfume

I remember the peach powdery smell that is still quite unique to this perfume I think x

I went for lunch at my Nanna's yesterday & she had 2 bottle's of perfume on her table, one of which was a brand new boxed exclamation, I took the lid off & sniffed........ WOW it is so pretty & exactly as I remembered it, it bought back lot's of memory's of my younger year's - love it x

Kiera79
Kiera79

This was the first perfume I owned back in the early 90's. Today I saw a bottle on eBay for $5 and couldn't help myself :) I doubt I will really wear it. I don't think it's a good idea to walk around smelling like your 12 year old self when you're in your 30's, but it'll be fun to sniff it every once in a while for a trip down memory lane!

UPDATE: Smelling this for the first time in 20 years, and it's exactly like I remember! Powdery, perfumy peaches. I definitely won't be wearing this out and about, but maybe around the house when I'm feeling nostalgic for the days of side ponytails, poofy bangs and splatter painted denim :)

I remember samples of this fragrance always being in fashion magazines when I was a kid. I also remember a lot of older girls at my school wearing it. I went to a small Catholic K-12.
Well, it's very "vintage". Has a lot of that 80's / 90's musk that was popular before Calvin Klein's clean/unisex scents became the rage. Beyond that.. powdery, peachy, apricot flesh with no tartness of apricot skin.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I found a bottle of this discontinued scent in a pharmacy and bought it because sophia grojsman composed it. This is a really pleasant powdery peachy musk and is very wearable. It does actually smell like her Yvresse, but a 'lite' version. A good introduction to decent perfumery on a budget, shame it's unavailable to teens these days.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

Oh how I wanted this when I was a kid, I remember adverts even now. My mom disliked it and never got me it. I completly forgot about it until I smelt it on a girl. Well , I didn't know it was Exclation and I was really surprised! It smelled really nice. I got two small bottles of this frag not that long ago, kept one and I gave the other to my mate, who smelt the bottles and sighed ;) it must have taken her back the memory lane.
For me, it is just getting my childhood 'dream' come true - yep, I finally got it.

The fragrance - you can feel late 80s and 90s here, a bit tacky, maybe a bit loud. Mostly vanilla floral scent. It does smell a bit synthetic and its bottle is... Recognisable ;)

I like it, I've used it a few times, but I keep it mostly as a part of my collection rather than something that I actually wear on regular basis.
I guess its time has passed but for many it will bring lots of memories.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I was glad to see this on the website. I thought everyone had forgotton about this long ago they probably have but occassionally you see a review pop up. I wish I had the chance to try the others in the range in Australia I think we got a couple of them but they vanished very quickly.

I used to buy this because it was all the rage and a few workmates had it and it smelled nice on them but I always felt annoyed by it. Something in it was just a turn off for me and still is. I saw it in Chemist Warehouse here and it is just no good for me it was the same pungent smell and it doesn't last on me I can remember having to constantly respray it. It came out with the Coty Vanilla Fields, Revlon's Fire and Ice range and the Australis perfumes you can imagine I assaulted everyone in my vacinity with these but now I cannot tolerate them with the exception of Fire and Ice by Revlon.

I will say nothing smells like this I cannot think of anything that smells like it so props for that and if you do like it then you can wear it till your little hearts content because most of the ladies today don't really touch it so you will be unique. I think it is a case of skin chemistry because in fairness it did smell really nice on some of my co workers just not me. If you do want it and you are in Australia Chemist Warehouse seems to have received stock.

rosembloom
rosembloom

As usual, Sophia G. comes out with the most original combinations possible! This is surely the most 'unique ' scent I have ever enocuntered. Yes, she is LOUD for her name is !!!!! How I love the honeyd jammy apricot opening
. It made me wonder at it being : 'floral'. To me it is almost gourmand . Fresh green notes contrast with the fruit and open this scent up in a sophisticated girlie scent. You could bet there are powdered candies in there! Then, ! puts her floral themed scarf on and CLASH. Orris root jasmine and rose seem to give off a certain 'plasticky' note which I thankfully got to actually enjoy. The base notes merge with the top notes in this perfume . Honeyed roses with sweet spices laid on an ambery base. Today, it is not as popular so when I do wear it , I get the nicest compliments. It is powerful yet whispers enticingly. Do give it a chance. I sure grew on me! Awesome longevity.. we are talking 80's powerhouse umph! Beautiful creamy sandalwood and balsamic drydown . the vanilla is everpresent to my nose but deepens as the scent turns ambery. I especially love the bath products: the shower gel leaves a great scent on your skin and the lotion can almost be used as a touch-up during the day:it is that potent! !!! :)

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

@ktv0926 I completely agree with your review! The first thought I had was "soapy" when I sprayed it on from a recently acquired, yellowed box but decently preserved, $10 bottle. It's sweet but I am quite doubtful as to how much that went into the bottle was natural versus synthetic...to my nose synthetic wins hands down. I get the fruity-floral vanilla notes in a jumble and it dries down slightly powdery but not uncomfortably so for those who dislike powder. I feel comfortable wearing it even though I'm safely out of the highschool age. I find it light and fun without being a sugarbomb, unassuming and unpretentious without being boring or linear, plus it goes perfect with any John Hughes movie too LOL!

mery09
mery09

When I was a teenager I had smelled this perfume but I never own one, and it seemed extraordinary.Now, after many years I remembered it and finding it online for sale at a very low price, I decided to buy it. What a dissapoiment.I think it smells like hairspray.Like a sweet hairspray.Awfull.I will never buy blindly from now on.

In Vogue
In Vogue

I wore this in the 90's, and recently repurchased it when I saw it on sale in a gift set containing a large and small bottle for 12.00$ at Shopper's. I want the bottles for my collection before it's discontinued some day.
For the first hour, it smells like Bazooka bubble gum! After that, it turns into fruity Hubba Bubba gum with that dry, powdery, chemical aroma. There's also a hint of vanilla there. It doesn't have a strong sillage in the sense that it doesn't project itself far. After two hours, it becomes a soft powdery vanilla skin scent. This lasts until the next morning. Would be a great scent for a harajuku girl, it conveys that ironic sense of humour and doesn't even attempt to take itself seriously.

Guest_Abendlicht
Guest_Abendlicht

It is nostalgic! I remember it was in the 90's quite a "young" fragrance, but strangely, my grandmother loved and wore it back then too. :) I want to get a bottle now....
------ update-----
I got a bottle. Ouf! I think I could appreciate on someone else because it smells nice.... But definitely not on me and not for a long period. It turns in a sugar bomb on me it gets sweeter instead of getting flowers I turn to apricot frosted person.... I kept it for two hours... I couldn't stand it anymore. I'll keep it though. It's good memories ;)

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

Ohh boy I think every teenage girl had this one in the 90s... such a sweet smell... I hated this perfume !! Even if I thought the bottle was pretty cool... at the time ^^

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

I loved wearing this in the early 90's. Lovely bottle. Powdery and musky vanilla scent. Only really notice a very faint floral hint. Have recently purchsed a bottle online for nostalgia. I have had positive comments and questions as to what scent I'm wearing, people seemed surprised when I say. They do remember it's name. Usually use it as a day fragrance. Will most likely buy another bottle, had forgotten how much I liked it.

Sheiloka
Sheiloka

I wore this in the 80's too. I remember it was cheap and teenage kind. I loved the bottle.

Scarlett Fox
Scarlett Fox

I wore this in the 80's and loved it. Then one day it started making me sick. Couldn't smell it without getting a bad headache.

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

I actually forgot abput this perfume i think i was abput 9 or 10 and ot was my first perfume and was nice and fruity and sweet and i was obsessed with it lol

hadew1
hadew1

Oh my goodness! I'd forgotten this fragrance even existed! My older sister (who was so totally rad and fashionable) bought it in the late eighties and gifted it to me when she left for college a few years later. I loved wearing it for "dress-up," but what I remember of the fragrance--sweet, strong and cheap--makes me think I'd probably like it less nowadays. (I remember my mom wincing whenever I sprayed it on.) Wonder if the bottle's still somewhere at my mom's house so I can try it again ...

This is classified as a floral here, but I think no way. The most prevalent notes are sweet vanilla and peach, giving it an almost edible quality, so to me this is more of a gourmand. I like this scent much better now than when it first came out. I was so used to wearing the typical florals and spices of the 80's that this one seemed overly sweet and suffocating at the time, having too much vanilla and fruit. Today, there are so many sweet fruity perfumes that this one no longer seems odd. Looking back, I think Coty was a bit ahead of its time to launch this in the 80's, almost starting the heavy vanilla trend of the 90's. I am wearing this today, and I don't feel that it's dated at all. I never wore this until recently, so to me its not nostalgic, I simply have grown to really like this warm, sweet, comforting scent.

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

Loved this when I was 12! I picked this up last year for $4 and love the memories this brings back, but sadly my nose is used to finer things now so I can't appreciate it the way I used to. And did they make the bottles look cheaper in the last 20 years? Because I thought the bottle was the height of class in 1992 :)

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I'm pretty sure my sister wore this in the 90's (and therefore, I rejected it). Bought a small bottle for $5 a week ago, and I can see I wasn't missing much. A bland vanilla floral, nothing more or less. As florals go, it works for me. There are many vanillas with more character, and as far as powdery musks--Jovan's White Musk has this beat hands down. Vaguely reminiscent of Burberry Woman, with the peach and vanilla (but I like Burberry better). An inoffensive, boring but safe fragrance that I might pack for a trip just because I wouldn't cry if the bottle broke.

nananessa
nananessa

I remember when this one came out & all the girls were wearing it. I had a friend that wore it & it smelled so good on her, I thought I would join the crowd. All I can remember about that one bottle is that it really wasn't for me, there was something about it that I really didn't like. I suffered that bottle through anyway & never got another.

In looking at how it was rated in the notes, now I can see why I didn't like it for myself. It is an extremely RARE occasion that I want to smell heavily of vanilla. This is what I have against so many of the modern celeb frags now....so many have such strong vanilla bases. For some reason some of the vanilla frags I do find nice are often more of the older fragrances than this one. I don't want vanilla to make me feel like a cook who has forgotten to take an apron off before I left the house like many of the new ones do. I think this must have been one that made me feel the apron thing! I ran across it a few weeks ago in a store & took a sniff---too much vanilla for how I usually prefer to emit.

I did like the bottle design, though!!!

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Powdery and Vanilla sweet. Reminds me of Jordach Women's imitation of Marc Jacob's Daisy. I'm not a fan.
It's soft and feminine, yes. Love's Baby soft is better but less sweet. I don't like either.
The fact that I don't like it is kind of a travesty, for me because I adore classic scents...
Upside is that the longevity is moderate.
Sillage: soft.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I used to own this back in the day. I thought I was so cool and chic when I had it on. It was very affordable, hip smelling and came in a cool postmodern bottle.

Although my tastes have evolved and I've moved to other scents since then, I'll always have fond memories of this.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I was able to test the body spray of this at Walmart. For a $6 USD body spray, it was surprisingly strong and long lasting. It also reminded me strangely of a cherry based version of the original Lolita Lempicka. Maybe LL mixed with Cherry Vanilla? Ultimately decided against buying it because it was just a little too harsh and linear on my skin. Still, it is quite a charming scent for the price.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I passed on this suuuweeet gift set after Christmas last year. They had the large bottle and a small travel bottle for $5.00. I had never smelled this and assumed it was a dated teen perfume. I fell in love with this by accident. The bottle was never visually attractive to me which has always made it easier to pass on. I tried it on one day after reading all these reviews here and thought to myself, "Must not be THAT bad if it was a high school perfume for EVERYone....but ME." I found a small cheap aerosol can of this in an "allkindsacrap" bin, so I tried it. Even that cheap little can smelled fantastic, and was I ever shocked. I picked up just a small 5.00 bottle today just in case they're gone after Christmas. This is a MUST have all around scent. I've even warmed up to the quirky little bottle. I'm loving this and can't wait for after Christmas sales, because this is #1 on my list to find this year! This will take care of ALL my personalities! The best I can describe this is to say it's an extra fruity shampoo and deodorant smell...only better! I seem to detect a cherry-like scent or feel with this. I'm so very happy right now!

babyrose
babyrose

one girl at work wears this all the time people can't stop smelling her its a beautiful delicate feminine scent last for ages and the silage is good too . i fell in love with it immediately thought it was a very expensive perfume couldn't believe that i was far from the truth .
i recommend it 100%

beatrix75
beatrix75

This litle beauthi bring back me youth before 15 years !!!It was my signature frag and i loved sooo much (like now,becose i bouth again)and my boyfriend too ,he is my best friend now but...The firs blast its absolut nectarine apricot,peach vanilla with some musc then its softnes to rose and lilly of walley and Cinnamon what i love so much and the finale its the amber ,some cream smell and sandelwood wich i adore!!!Stil i love this perfume like before 15 years thancks coty to keep this lovely frag!!!

musictwig
musictwig

Wore this in junior high school, way more years ago than I like to remember. lol This was before I got into my sister's perfume, which was waayy better than anything I had.

diaspro42
diaspro42

Very nice, you will immediately notice a hint of peach. Evokes memories, delicate and sensual.

alicepolice
alicepolice

My first thought was - jelly beans! Powdery jelly beans perhaps. It's a candy-sweet and joyous fragrance. I expected something way more edgy with the name and all, but this is ultra girly.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

I bought the spray/aerosol version of this as a cheapie a few weeks ago. I still love it. LOL. Smells like roses and powder, and I'm a huge fan of roses.

amnaw
amnaw

High school. Enough said.

ThePinkOwl13
ThePinkOwl13

This fragrance takes me back to my childhood. This was and will always be my mother's signature scent! It's very easy to find in the United States and super cheap!

Very sweet, and musky scent. I never knew this had woods in it, interesting. I just might purchase a small bottle and see how it works on my skin!

daintypink01

this perfume brings back many childhood memories. but the scent is never the same as before

darkangel666
darkangel666

omg used to wear this when i was 15 im now 32 forgot all about this till i saw it on here, memories :)

lavender sage
lavender sage

This and Charlie White were my first perfumes that I picked out in junior high and recieved as Christmas presents from my parents. Ah, memories. :)
I still see bottles of this at the store when I'm out, but I don't think I'll ever have this one on my dresser again haha.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I wore this years and years ago ! Thought I was a sexy little mama wearing it too. LOL!

I got another bottle for old times sake . It was better in my memory . To me it smells powdery and boring. I'm sure it is because my taste has changed but it smells dated . MANY of the oldies become classics , this is not one of them. BUMMER.

Enchntress
Enchntress

Like many of you, I wore this in high school. It was my 1st signature scent!! I sampled it at Walgreens the other day, just to see if I still liked it. Alas, I've outgrown the super sweet and fruity scent, but I bought it for my daughter and it's right up her alley.

Definitely 80's in a bottle and what awesome years they were!! :)

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

i remember it being very vanilla. kind of want it again lol

Aspendina
Aspendina

Thought I would buy this since I used to love it, tried it at walmart and ehhhhhhhh it nice but there r nicer scents out there thes so let's let this stay in the past.

Minjka
Minjka

OMG! how wonderful to find this perfume, I remember buying it to my mom in 1999, or 2000. We both loved it right the way. Everytime I see this perfume I think of my mom.
But over all, this is funky, fresh, and the same time intimate fragrance.
Timeless perfume. Now our days it has cheep price, and priceless spirit! will recomend

Blackirish
Blackirish

This was def.very popular when I was in high school .although I never was really geared towards it because I was more of the Bonnie bell skin musk type. I guess I wanted to smell sexy & different. Recently I did a test spray at Walmart & wow was I surprised ! What a wonderful perfume. It smells so clean & fun. I'm not going to attempt to describe notes here but I will say it is a fun youthful sent that almost anyone can wear. I bought a bottle for my nieces 10th bday this Saturday & I hope she loves it as well. I plan to buy myself a bottle just to have on hand in case I need a change or lift my spirits.

Pat14
Pat14

The first fragrance I ever wore, I'd were it to high school everyday, I would go through 4 bottle a year. My first love :)

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

simply this: 80s in a bottle :)

romrom
romrom

I think that almost every girl in my middle school had this ( including me) it a lovley sweet scent with a lot of powder notes in it, the bottle was cute too.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I still love the smell of this perfume.
I used to wear it a lot in the early 90's when I was a young teen...I bought it to recapture memories.
I wore it every day when I was 14ish because I didnt have a perfume collection but I still think it smells great and is worth wearing often...Just not as often as then :)

clrieger

This came out the year I graduated college. I saw it at Walgreens last Fall and was shocked back to the late 1980s. Amazingly, I still like it. The body spray is a great deal for the money. The scent is not overwhelming and lasts all day.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I loved the ads. I remember this being so very powdery. I think I use to like it just because it was in all the magazines.

lettyb76
lettyb76

My older sister wore this in high school and she used to smell great. I haven't smelled it in years, but I remember it being loud without causing headaches.

bleuciel
bleuciel

Ah, the memories!!! It was my favorite scent in high-school (along with all the other girls' favorite LOL). I don't remember exactly what it smells like, but I remember I loved it. I had it in green, too. I remember getting two identical green bottles for my 16th birthday, I was so ecstatic.

It also gave me a rash on my neck... Oh, well :D

jaking21970
jaking21970

Ahhhh....the memories. Me & about 10 million other high school girls ALL smelling of Exclamation! I loved this! And loving the trip down memory lane reading all the reviews. Do you think I can get away with wearing it now if I refer to it as 'vintage'? ;)

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Do you see that ad, there? Do you see those colors -- white, black and pink? "Exclamation" perfectly captures that late 80's, early 90's transition in fashion from massive excess into extreme minimalism; "Dynasty" and "Dallas" gave way to the retro-chic, the French 1920's inspired early 90's of "Benny and Joon" and "Singles". Louise Brooks made a cultural comeback as a style icon (check "Loulou" by Cacharel) and Isabella Rosselini and Linda Evangelista caught-on; big hair morphed into pin-straight chin bobs and gelled, pin curls. Sailor stripes and black/white contrast made their entrance.

But what does it smell like? Well, a little bit "lipstick rose" of the 80's, a little sheer citrus and anise of the 90's. There's retro facepowder and cream and a lovely sense of patent leather artifice; it's an olfactory impression of plastic, white earrings, black polka dots on sweater dresses. It's floral but plasticky at the same time; it's rich and "big" but smooth and bright (even optimistic) at the same time. It's a big personality of a fragrance and very, very little goes a long way or you'll be that man or woman "With Too Much Fragrance On". You'll be that one.

But if "Exclamation" is you and you have a light hand for application, it's a really fascinating snap-shot of a very particular style and elusive moment in time. I like it on the right person and would enjoy wearing it to add an occasional quirk to my fragrance pattern. So chic, so sleek, such spunk!

Beusch
Beusch

Hello! This fragrance was my favourite perfum. :) I have it in 75 ml bottle. My 2nd Ex`cla-ma`tion by Coty was GREEN. It was especially too. Know it anybody? And the Sheer, Blush, Dance, Flirty, Star, Noir fragrances? :)

chandy
chandy

I remember when when this came out. I sprayed the tester in the air, and all I could smell was bug spray. This is without a doubt the strongest, nastiest, most gag-inducing perfume I've ever smelled. One girl I knew would wear this all the time and I tried to stay as far away from her as I could so I wouldn't get a headache. It's my number one most hated perfume.

Lee79
Lee79

I had this as a teenager. I used to love it. I don't remember the smell exactly. But I do remember loving it. :D

WitchyWoman727
WitchyWoman727

i remember i always used to use my sisters exclamation powder when i was very young, smelled so good. i almost always have a little bottle of this. its super cheap but i love it! Ava Luxes doll face smells of this so much.

noseattheready
noseattheready

Like many of the people on here, it was one of,if not, the first perfumes I ever wore... I actually still have the bottle I was given way back by my grandparents.
It's a blast from the past that I can't bear to smell in case I hate it now! :P

Jellybean
Jellybean

strong floral I used to wear; received many compliments:) however there were times when I felt my respiratory system was compromised due to potency of inhalation from this perfume. few spritzes and this perfume lasts all day.

Whit
Whit

Oh my gosh! This sure brings back memories! Lol As other reviewers noted this as being their first perfume, as was the same with me. I was eight years old when this came out and my mom used to buy it for me because she thought it was age-appropriate. Let's see if I can remember-it was a sweet scent and very upbeat too; I remember it put me in a good mood when I wore it. This was the only perfume my mom would let me wear when I was young; I wanted to wear hers, but she always said "Whitney, you're way too young to wear mine". I never knew what she meant until I got a little older. Lol Oh Lord, I liked this but I don't think that I would ever revisit. I think now, to me, it would smell too cheap and drugstore-y. For now, I'll just stick with my childhood memories of this frag. :)

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

I totally forgot about this perfume, until I saw it here, but this was the very first perfume I ever owned, back in 5th or 6th grade. I loved it! I'm sure if I smelled it now it would smell too "young" and "drugstore" for me but I'm almost tempted to try and find a bottle just to sniff it and bring back the memories :)

BearysHoney
BearysHoney

a classic from my childhoood, but a little too sweet smelling for me now

ingalee
ingalee

This is nostalgia, one of my first perfumes I had, exciting scent then, I really loved this, but now a year since I bought it again, just because I liked it, that be not the same anymore, of course, the same scent, but not really. keep it in memory instead!

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

along with charlie red this is one of the first perfumes I owned. I preferred it to charlie red. It lasted long and it was one of those smells that got everyones attention.

i dont think i will buy it again because I am early 30's and this as i remember is deffo a teeny smell. So not for us oldies lol!

!!
!!

Someone bought this for me in the 90s when I was about 13, and I never did like it. I remember being pleased when I finished the bottle. To me it smelt cheap, strong and alcoholic. I sprayed it in class once and a boy said it smelt like Malibu and Coke, which I thought was a good description.

I haven't used this for ten years but I might smell it in the shops next time I go, just to see what I think of it now.

buffy_fan16
buffy_fan16

First perfume I ever owned. Wore it all through highschool. I don't think it's all that bad, to this day but I feel that it's a perfume suited for a very young crowd. Oddly enough my best gal friend told me my new Chanel Eau Premiere smells like Exclamation to her, which I really don't understand. Lol.

aromaminx
aromaminx

a happy-go-lucky spirit surrounds me when i wear this.i wore it as a teenager and i've only recently rediscovered it.the frag. is going to be worn at work in the nursing home,as it isn't as 'confrontational' as many of my others in my warddrobe

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Like many others have said , this is nostalgic frags for me !! One of my first perfumes.

Its not in the database , but my favorite was the "Green" version. Fresher and not as sweet as the original Exclamation. Seems like its yet another that's hard to find now though!

I don't think my taste could stomach exclamation now , maybe in the cooler weather i shall try again. NO way i could wear it in the hot weather were having now though. Its a very sweet and sometimes cloying frag.

Try the green if you get the chance!!

madhatter1
madhatter1

One of my first drug store fragrances. Loved the woodsy nature of the scent. It was fun to use in my youth as a cheerleader!

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This is a real coming of age scent for me- I wore it as a student because it was the best I could afford and I loved it. Can't actually recall what it smells like but I thought I was the bees knees in it.

kellie_lill
kellie_lill

A subtile scent , an elegant fragrance it's very RETRO and I think with a small plus detail it can be a good perfume.Good Luck!

melbritt24
melbritt24

Who didn't own this Coty classic in the 90's?!

twillocks
twillocks

just added this to my collection today. Soft and fuzzy. I really like and it cost hardly anything.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

An old-time favorite, this takes me back to the early 1990's when I loved wearing this at age 20-ish.

Creamy, soft, cozy, warm, feminine. A delicious scent. And long-wearing too.

I love a lot of Sophia Grojsman's fragrance creations.

More than 1 spritz is just TOO MUCH, so about 1/2 a spritz on my wrist then pressed together is the perfect amount to smell delicious all day without suffocating me (lol). It has a strong nuance of sweet cotton candy & marshmallow to me, & hours later it mellows into something so creamy & delicious, kind of amber-ish. For me a small bottle (1/2 oz?) lasts forever.

I'm thrilled this fragrance is still around in every drugstore & am going to get the aerosol body spray too! Love it. I haven't worn this for about 18 yrs & am now rediscovering the joy of it.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Exclamation takes me way back, and the memories are fond. This was one of the first five perfumes I was given as a gift from my mom. It is a little powdery, and quite a fresh but soft floral. I just found out that Sophia Grojsman made it, and that is a nice surprise. I have always had a very specific taste in perfumes. All of the negative reviews seem to be the same. They hated it because it was worn by girls they disliked. I imagine that's how girls these days feel about Pink Sugar or Juicy Couture. In 10-20 years some women will hate those, simply because a catty girl wore it.

i was never a big fan of this perfume. it went on strong with a huge alcohol/floral scent. it just didn't mix well with my chemistry. when it dried down i always felt like i smelled like an old woman or that i had on perfume that had went bad. not my fragrance at all from back in the day.

viveka
viveka

Maybe i'm wacky or smth but i do like `!`. It smells delicious, not 80`s heavy or candyish i`d say rather it's a pure smell of pop-art.
`!` has a lot of ingredients but i discovered that i love complicated scents so this one is not dissapoiting. It's sweet and flowery but orris root and musk base make itself. Without knowing the author (Grojsman) i'd say that it stands good nose behind that frag. The best of - boring and predictable - Coty range.

guest_wow
guest_wow

this really takes me back to middle school, such a long time ago... I used to love this fragrace but then I smelled it a few days ago and couldn't stand it. I guess I've grown up :-)

Kiku
Kiku

Another "Coty, standard issue". A melange of unidentifiable notes. Too sweet and somewhat milky.

TiFFaNy ElAiNe
TiFFaNy ElAiNe

I forgot all about this perfume...wow! Bringing back my Childhood all over again...lol...Never really liked this but, my mom bought it for me.It was very popular and the hallways pretty much reeked of this. I remember quite a few yrs back I came across a bottle of this that I had left at my parents and it smelled really cheap to me. Can't believe I wore this!

naheed
naheed

I didn't like this one much but this fragrance has good lasting power on my skin.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

The regular Exclamation was too strong and overwhelming but they had a Noir version of it that was muted down and was much better. I don't see the Noir around anymore but it was exotic and smelled good. If they took the Exclamation away and sold the Noir it might do better. Regular Exclamation just hit you in the head with fragrance and came on too strong. Noir was more subtle and almost sexy and best of all not expensive.

Anahi
Anahi

I actually only just smelt the body spray version to this a few days back, and i'm not sure about this one. It smelt very old-fashioned to me almost old-lady smelling, but after a few more sprays I've actually come to like it. It has a sort of has a creamy or milky element to it; sort of reminds me of a fragrance by 'Diesel' which is a white bottle with a red square or something on it, cant remember what it's called..

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

One of the worst fragrances out there, next to Giorgio Beverly Hills. I wish that there was just one thing good to say about this scent,but it is so revolting to me. Both my mom and me agree with the horrible,heaviness of this. If someone is wearing this in a crowd,I guarantee that someone is either going to get a headache or a stomach ache.I cannot recommend this scent even if it is free.

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

This makes me think back to "years ago when I was a stupid teenager..."

(Roars with laughter)

A horrid fragrance which was the height of 'cool' back in the day

GR92627
GR92627

I don't know about you guys but the first whiff of it kinda reminds me of Dr. pepper. "smells like 1993" lol. Nostalgic? yes. Nice fragrance? not really. Not for me at least. I Wonder if anyone still buys this.

Marisa36
Marisa36

OMW! I got a bottle of this when I was about 13. I think I got seduced by the advertising because even then I really hated the smell, but wore it anyway because it was cool? If I had to smell this today I would still run a mile. There's just something about this fragrance that even just thinking about it makes me want to hurl :-). Oh to be a stupid teenager again.

Lucero
Lucero

I dont like the perfum but it brings back great memories as a child,my sister wore this perfume a lot...i miss those times!

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

Flashback!!! When models wore Black halter tops with polka dot full skirts and wide brim hats in a total black and white scheme!! Did I just describe the ad for this fragrance....

karlee79
karlee79

this was and still is an amazing scent! reminds me of the 80's hardcore......fuzzy scent.

Vanillaprincess
Vanillaprincess

Not bad, but I wouldn't buy it again. I used to wear this, when I was about 14. Full of innocence, good for little teens I think. This was my second fragrance :D I can't recall the smell of it completely, but if I remember well, it smelled very similar to milky-powderly-vanilla, or something like that. It didn't stay long on me. Perhaps I should refresh the sweet memories by sniffing it again :DDD

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

OMG talk about flashbacks. This reminds me of my childhood and my older sister. She always wore this and it always makes me think of her. She always smelt so good to me and I remember when she bought me my very own bottle I was so excited. I don't think I would be able to pull this off now as my taste have matured some but this was an awesome perfume back in the day.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one reminds me of my childhood,one of my sisters favourites..Ahh i miss thoose times,the 90`s..It smells nice and young,careless and a free spirit.It was very popular here in Norway,and yesterday i smelled it at the store and the memories started floating.

JML LEE
JML LEE

this was the first perfume i ever got i was 13 and i got it for christmas in a gift set and wore it till i was 16 and couldnt find anywhere that sold it anymore:-(

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

This seemed to escape me when I was a teen. I found this at a really good price and thought why not? Surprisingly it is nice.Not sure yet what notes I am picking up on. Just smells slightly sweet with a hint of maybe amber and the cinnamon. Makes me feel like a young teenage girl again. Those were some of the best times of my life. Carefree, fresh and refreshing. I like it. Certainly won't wear it everyday, but on days when I am feeling down, I will reach for this.

HOPE007
HOPE007

Ah nostalgia.. I have this for that reason, wore it when I was a young teen in the early 1990s... Personally I like it, memories :-D I never went overboard with it though. I remember Exclamation Blush too - my friend gave me that also and I liked it as well. Super cheap but not bad smell wise, the bottle was ridiculous and not at all fitting IMO. I am not a fragrance snob and will admit this ;-)

guest_mseidoom
guest_mseidoom

Brought this yesterday because Tresor by Lancome isn't the same anymore.

TashaRose
TashaRose

This was the first perfume my sister and I ever owned, when we were just kids. It's... awful, to put it nicely. Especially if you wear too much off it. So potent and... I don't even know how to describe it really. But it does take me back to playing dress up as young children and being yelled at for piling on the Ex`cla-ma`tion. Not something I'd wear anymore, but at the time, we thought it smelled beautiful. =)

I actually saw this in a drug store recently and wondered if it was still being made or just old stock they were trying to get rid of. Will forever remind me of being 12 and glossy pink, white and black ads in Teen magazine. Pretty much everyone had it then! Reminds me as well of Love's Baby Soft, Jordache's Look, Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth and Friday!

ktv0926
ktv0926

Fruity soapy slightly artificial scent, that goes so well with vinyl records, washed out denim and mini skirts.

This is interesting how some fragrances stick to the particular times, trends and simply stay there, obeying the rules, without having a life of their own.

They reflect the current reality, capture the essence of it, but somehow they lack personality.

Coty Exclamation will always stay in the disco times, being so Modern Takling and Bad Boys Blue like.

sharyssa
sharyssa

An old throwback perfume! Wow! I forgot all about exclamation.But I used to like it and every girl in my school had it! I am going to have to track one of these down and buy it so I can show my daughters the most popular perfume when I was coming up.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

It was absolutely "disco" scent in my life when i was 19 or so. My friend brought me it from Spain. My bottle was with the red stripe, I don't know if they are the same. I totally agree that it is a nice scent for long legged, giggling, vivacious girls at the disco.

alicektn
alicektn

This is so "disco"!

My aunt had brought me this many years ago. I liked it and it drew many copliments back then.

I still have the bottle with some juice in it.Unfortunately I can't wear it because it has changed with time.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Yuck! This was given to me when I was in junior high or high school. It was very popular, so I wore it, but I was hyper-sensitive to scents in those days, and this cheap, strong juice did a number on me. Why do people insist on giving young girls horrid, cheap perfume?

Malegria
Malegria

Funny, hyper, fruity.A delicious, slightly unnatural burst of raspberries and peaches.For long legged, giggling,vivacious girls.The spicy dry down is good - because you still can feel the sweet and sour berries after hours!
I think that it is a nice teenage perfume for a good price too.

snobuni77
snobuni77

Yup this WAS the Bomb back in the day.
LOL.
I saw Debbie Gibsons "Electric Youth" perfume on Ebay the other day & I couldn't believe it "LOL".w Remember it had that hot pink coil in the center of the bottle.
Funny Stuff!!

nauticaa
nauticaa

Oh, exclamation... This perfume was/is still very popular here in my country. Coty has affordable prices and nice aromas,although nothing spectacular. Almost every gril in my high school wore that or Chanson d' Eau, also by Coty, sooo it might be a nice scent, but I grew from loving it to hating it.

Gentle and soft without being babyish, though I can see it going powdery on certain chemistry. I can also see easy overdose on this one as it has the tiniest tendency towards cloying, so be cautious in application. Otherwise, it's almost an edible scent. Not gourmand, but vanilla-peachy with sandal undertones. And the price is pretty unbeatable.

Helene
Helene

I had this perfume years ago! Accidentaly found it on this site. Don't even remember how does it smell, but these are memories! )

mymlan
mymlan

I had this one approximately 25 years ago as a fresh floral alternative to Lou Lou, which was my signature fragrance at that time. I also had coty l'Aimant for a while, which I cant find here on Fragrantica. I remember I liked Coty's fragrances and also that the price was good for a young girls wallet.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i remember this one..i think i was in high school when i had this one ..COTY was sooo new to us then but remember the youg spirit that this perfume was bringing..very nice

tangledvines
tangledvines

LOL
I can't believe this perfume is up for review! It takes me waaaaaay back to my high school years when this perfume was so popular. My best friend would practically bathe herself in this scent and then we would go out on double dates together. I recall my boyfriend literally gagging when she got in the car. :D Ha ha!

It was a strong smelling perfume...or maybe not, could of been just my friend dousing in it. But I remember liking it back then. I would never wear it now!

perryforever
perryforever

I used to like this perfume as a teenager. Very sweet and floral, nothing too overpowering or sexy about it. It was cheap and I used to get it for Christmas. I can still recall the smell. I'd not wear it now.

golden
golden

This was one of my first perfumes. Oh my god!!!!! lol.I honestly can't remember how it smells?
I would like to try it though for old times sake.

sjanira
sjanira

OH Wow! I forgot about this one! I'm laughing as I write this. I was a really young girl when I was given this. I don't really remember who gave it to me but remember loving it.

sonrise
sonrise

Bought a very small bottle of this, and recieved a great many compliments, also it stays with you for quite a while.

Allegra
Allegra

This is yet another 80's fragrance of which I must ask the inevitable question "are they still making and selling it?" :) Because it was very popular (among young girls mostly) so many years ago that it's quite unbelievable the scent is still around. Wouldn't buy it anymore, though...

tigrrrlily
tigrrrlily

I dont recall a girl in 8th grade who DIDN't reek of this, much like Coco76.*shudders* If this is on this site, is Love's Baby Soft as well??

coco76

lol, don't worry eccentric....i can't believe its on here either!! now if they could add Alyssa Ashley Musk...

coco76

i don't think words can even express how much i hate this 'perfume'...i don't think it should be qualified as such, it should just be considered some kind of weapon...so offensive and awful! granted, i might feel that way because all the 'mean girls' wore this in grade eight, and not just a little....a whole bottles worth EACH, everyday. try being stuck on a bus for twelve hours with them on a trip to quebec...shudder
exclamation is in my top three of most hated, along with givenchy hot couture, and le baiser du dragon. all three are guaranteed to give me a headache in about three seconds flat.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Ex`cla-ma`tion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Coty Ex`cla-ma`tion, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ex`cla-ma`tion by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ex`cla-ma`tion by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.