Designers » C » Woody Chypre « Groups

Stetson Rich Suede Coty for men

Stetson Rich Suede Coty for men
dislike

leather

Stetson Rich Suede was introduced in 2008, as a chypre-woody fragrance, created of opulent aromatic nuances of blue cypress, orange from Florida and blue sage. A heart is enriched with resins, iris rooth, myrrh, saffron and osmanthus, while base notes include suede, leather, labdanum, cedar from Virginia and Nulu balm.

Blue Sage Orange Cypress

Osmanthus Orris Root Saffron resins Myrrh

Labdanum Leather Virginia Cedar Balsam Fir Suede

Stetson Rich Suede Fragrance Reviews

cytherian
cytherian

I picked up some Rich Suede only because the price is so cheap and there have been a very decent number of positive reviews. To get 2.25 oz (1.5oz and 0.75oz bottles) for just $14 seemed like a really decent deal.

In a nutshell, it's a "spicy warm wood and leather scent."

Pretty basic. Pretty consistent. Very nice blend. The cedar base note really stands out and works well with the leather. I can't quite pick out the other notes, but together they create a rather pleasant uncomplicated spiciness.

Frankly, the fragrance reminds me of something else, but I can't quite put my finger on it. And that's part of the problem... is Rich Suede memorable? Short term, perhaps. It's a bit fleeting. After about 60 minutes the sillage is undetectable and after 2 hours I can barely smell it on my skin.

I suspect the vintage formulation is more powerful and long lasting. While I've never smelled it, based on what I'm experiencing with this one it had to have been better otherwise this fragrance would have vanished long ago.

No bargain here. You get what you pay for though. Probably a good idea that they included two bottles. Bring the small one with you to refresh yourself throughout the day.

tgnetz
tgnetz

I picked this one up in a three-pack gift set with the original scent and the Fresh variety. All were splash bottles.

I must say that while it has that inexpensive but good smell, it is extremely weak. The same can be said for the other two bottles. Very disappointing considering my other bottle of Stetson, which is at least 13 years old, is much, much stronger and lasts a lot longer.

Kaze
Kaze

I believe this is now discontinued but of course, readily available online.

Stetson Rich Suede next to Stetson Black and Stetson Country, both which I favor has a very rich quality to it considering being extremely cheap. Of course all Stetson colognes are and for it being an EDC, could've fooled me into thinking it was an EDT instead. I'm talking superb longevity.

I was fortunate to come across one of my old bottles from 2010. It had just a tiny bit of juice left which of course says, that I've used it a lot during that year. It's a very leathery, woody, and almost chewy tobacco essence. However, there's no tobacco note listed.

Stetson Rich Suede opens up with a soft and warm aroma of blue sage and cypress. In no less than 10 minutes the saffron appears a long with the orris root and resins which compliments the base as it becomes leathery, musky, and woody (Think; wood chips, bark, and pencil shavings)

It dries down to a very subtle woodsy musk, slightly smoky yet warm and soft as it is also a very nice soapy leather, and of course ''rich'' suede.

This is best during the Fall and Winter. Night or day. I get 8+hours.

I remember applying this in the morning and by midnight after my usual long showers, it was still there.

flaneur
flaneur

This was a bit of a disappointment. Ok so it costs practically nothing - but I think in this case you get what you pay for. It is very ordinary and virtually disappears as soon as I apply it. Not at all as complex as the ingredients may suggest.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Stetson is seen as an entry level brand by some scent experts, I'm guessing, but this cologne for men is a great concoction.

I understand that suede is actually a man-made aroma not really available in nature but it is associated with soft deer leather, this is definitely "soft" but yet warm.

I'm a 40yr. old guy that prefers leather and lavender scents but this is really a mature and youg at the same time.

For the price, I say you should take a chance and you will not be let down!

Mals86
Mals86

I was surprised to find Stetson not very masculine; I think it's certainly unisex. The only floral listed (okay, that's not to say there aren't more, but I don't smell much floral here) is osmanthus, which has an apricot-suedey thing going on anyway and isn't sweet or even very flowery.

It's aromatic and pleasant; I get more suede than leather (probably that osmanthus), and there's lots of cedar and balsam. It's an inexpensive scent, and plenty of perfume fans will avoid it because it's the opposite of niche, but it's a great smell for not much money. The longer I wear it, the less masculine/more unisex it seems, without ever veering into Definitely Girly. In fact, it reminds me a little of Aspen for Women, which I used to love.

I layered this successfully with Jardin sur le Nil. I'll certainly be wearing this, and I'll certainly be happy to smell it on my husband.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Stetson Rich Suede fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Coty Stetson Rich Suede, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stetson Rich Suede by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stetson Rich Suede by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.