Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Ruba’iyat DSH Perfumes for women and men
dislike

I have it: 3 I want it: 7

oud

Ruba’iyat by DSH Perfumes is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. The fragrance features agarwood (oud).

Agarwood (Oud)

If you're familiar with this fragrance, use the tools on the perfume pyramid to select the most prominent notes.

Ruba’iyat Fragrance Reviews

cloyd42
cloyd42

Oh my. Cupid has finally found a DSH arrow with my name on it and I am overcome with love. This has one of my least favorite notes (cumin) and my observation has been that there's an oudh meme with most niche perfumers right now whether it makes sense or not(oudh and spaghetti! Yes!) so I had few expectations. Instead I find a lush rich bazaar of notes that are warm, spicy and beautifully layered. This may be the best saffron scent I've experienced to date. Spices and resins predominate and even after wearing this several times for hours it's difficult to pick out individual notes but this stuff is wonderful. This perfume has enough personality that I'd strongly recommend a sample before a bottle--your feelings about this will not be lukewarm.

Sillage: reasonable, 1-2 ft
Longevity: several hours
Fabulosity: the 1,001 nights
Value to price ratio: very good

DSH Ruba'iyat is a very complex oriental perfume, with a lot of potent players vying for attention. Here are the notes, according to omufraP:

Galbanum, Spicy notes, Davana, Gallic Rose, Rosa centifolia, Saffron, Myrtle, Geranium, Sandalwood, Oud, Frankincense, Myrrh, Patchouli, Labdanum, Cumin, Ambrette CO2

What to say about this concoction? I find it rather kaleidoscopic, with wafts of this and that popping up and then fading out as they are bumped off by other equally strong scents. I detect the saffron, cumin, and davana the most. Since cumin and davana are not my favorite notes (to put it mildly), this is not my favorite perfume from DSH.

I imagine that guys who enjoy cumin-centric fragrances might like this composition a lot. Definitely a try-before-you-buy is in order.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSH Perfumes Ruba’iyat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSH Perfumes Ruba’iyat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ruba’iyat by DSH Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ruba’iyat by DSH Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.