Designers » D E » Woody Aquatic « Groups

She Wood DSQUARED² for women

She Wood DSQUARED² for women
dislike

I have it: 579 I had it: 293 I want it: 518 My signature: 16

She Wood DSQUARED² for women Pictures She Wood DSQUARED² for women Pictures She Wood DSQUARED² for women Pictures She Wood DSQUARED² for women Pictures

DSQUARED² She Wood arrived on the market in September 2008, after the very successful edition for men, He Wood, presented last season.

She Wood was created in cooperation with perfumer Daphne Bugey, and is composed of three accords: light, intensive and woody ones.

The creation was started from the base of the perfume for men and was shaped by adding notes and aromas of a fragrance for women. This is not a classic girly perfume, but can be categorized as a unisex. The fragrance aims at women who like using perfumes for men.

The top notes incorporate lemon, neroli and jasmine, the heart hides violet, heliotrope and musk, while the base is composed of cedar, vetiver and amber.

The perfume is available as 30, 50 i 100ml edp.

Lemon Jasmine Neroli

Bouquet di Violette

She Wood Fragrance Reviews

cedar_lea
cedar_lea

I sampled this on three different occasions before coming to any kind of decision on it.

I definitely get a little bit of lemon and a lot of violet and neroli. The cedar is light on me.

After about an hour the heliotrope and musk come out and it moves from interesting soft but not too femme floral towards clean detergent smell, but never a scent so muddied I would call it soapy.

It didn't last very long after that. Definitely interesting and probably awesome on the right person, but not me.

РозиДари
РозиДари

Луда съм по този парфюм.Получих го при размяна и бе любов от първи мирис,толкова свеж,толкова пресен,така уникален и красив.Пренасям се в зелена гора и море.Много го обичам! Сега си поръчах и Golden,и скоро ще мога да го коментирам и него:) Щастлива съм с този аромат,постоянно душа обратното на лакътя си

Adrien02
Adrien02

A soft, woody aquatic that reminds me so much of Indigo L'eau par Kenzo. If you want to try Kenzo, She Wood will fit the bill. I think it would be good for a subtle intro into a room, office, first date, anywhere you want to be noticed but without overwhelming or offending. Perfecto.

BTW the ad reminds me of Acqua di Gioa, except the model is partially submerged face-up.

pavi_ne
pavi_ne

I blind bought it at Douglas the other day. I like perfumes with masculine vibe and the first impression was very nice. Woody, cosy, pleasant.... But after a while it started to remind me of Puma Flowing (go figure!) I used to have as a teenager and hated it. Something in the middle/base notes gives me a terrible headache and I can't stand it.

westernlady
westernlady

She Wood is a soft, wooden floral that develops into an aquatic. I received this one in a swap, and I was immediately surprised with how much it resembles Ellen Tracy's Bronze in the opening with the woody floral. Ellen Tracy is warmer and spicier, while She Wood tends towards a light, pale aquatic.

There is a bit of powder to it, but it mostly remains a fresh, pretty, woody violet that eventually becomes a softer aquatic. I usually hate aquatic scents, but I find this one to be elegant and wearable. It is so soft that I could see this being a year-round, daily-wear fragrance.

alit
alit

beautiful fragrance. at first I was a little disappointed as I was expecting it to be more similar to the men's Wood from DSquared, which I love, I was hoping for more ''forest'' feel.. But over time, this really grew on me. Violets are the most prominent but in no way it is a one dimensional sweet or floral perfume. The woods are there! To me it is a ''happy'' feminine smell. And very unique. If you somewhat like this but you are unsure and want to go more unisex, go with She Wood Velvet Forest.

klgoodell
klgoodell

LOVE this warm, jasmine-cedar smell with a light, almost aquatic freshness. Very sexy - good for night or a brisk fall day. Unfortunately lost my bottle...

Gwenz
Gwenz

Have tried the sample I have of this over the last couple of days, and while I don't actively dislike it, neither do I particularly like it.
Above all, it seems rather weaker than I was expecting - a watered down version of a man's cologne with a bit of florally violet added to make it a 'female' version.
The two parts don't really do anything synergistic in my opinion, and all up I am left vaguely disappointed - perhaps it was the name leading me to expect a good blast of exotic wood, when all that is delivered is a distant damp woodland. Not going on the 'to buy' list, sadly.

Aleauv
Aleauv

It is a lovely violet woodsy scent. The first 10 minutes on my skin is merely violets, intese, reminds me of violet candies, after the blast settles in a cleaner woody cedar scent. I love it !

ayaska
ayaska

I think the name suits this fragrance perfectly! The first few seconds I got a pretty strong male cologne type scent, but it subsided very quickly and I was left with the most perfect interpretation of a spring forest. I can definately detect the violet and it's very natural smelling, not overpowering or cloyingly sweet. The cedar and vetiever give it woody and earthy tone. When I smell this perfume it brings me back to my childhood, trecking through the woods with my grandparents. I can smell the fresh spring flowers, the strong and dry scent of tree bark and the slight earthly dampness after rain. Truly a unique scent!

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

Very strong wood, at first this is more like a male cologne.
But it slides into a lovely, fresh, unisex scent. This is bittersweet slightly burnt wood, walking in a forest, a crisp autumn morning.
I would love wearing this in fall/winter.

ana hen
ana hen

Wet violets after rain,sleepy early morning.wood ,cold leaves ,some very delicate sweetness.and with all of that it very confident fragrance .

I there is also some unisex accord -lemon maybe?

Love it very much .

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Dsquared She Wood is a quite straight-forward woody floral scent, yet it has that little something that makes it interesting.
The opening is quite fresh and reminiscent of a men's perfume, with its green neroli and peppery vetiver. I don't mind that at all, as the powdery violet emerges to make things dryer and woodier. Unassumingly addictive and obvious violet, warm and cold at the same time. I can totally relate to the woody aquatic description.
The dry down is for the most part a cosy fluffy musk with rosy undertones, even though no rose is mentioned in the notes. It reminds me a bit of the dry down Roses de Chloe, but a lot less soapy.
Overall a likable, well-defined and non-linear scent, which stays cosy, yet unusual. For me it suits all seasons, minus the summer. Quite long lasting, while projection is pleasing. A little goes a long way with this one. A new favourite, which has been getting compliments almost every day.

ellina1984

A colleague was wearing this today and the most luxurious cosmetics smell was billowing around her. So, smelling it from a bit of distance is, for me, far far better than wearing it!

nettoyant
nettoyant

This isn't sharp at all. It's a pretty, soft and powdery violet and ISO E concoction. Perfect for the office or school. Lovely, understated, inoffensive.

w_nmbo
w_nmbo

It's amazing. Cold and fresh yet cozy.
For me it's perfect fragrance for the beginning of the fall, beginning of the school year.
Itself it's like a new journey, through the woods, to the unknown. Exciting and inspiring.
I would say it isn't very much feminine, but rather unisex.
Anyway - great.

PS: It smells like Guerlain Meteorites powder :D

Kalitera
Kalitera

She Wood is a beautiful, well rounded perfume.. to my mind, it's one of the so called new chypres, like Narciso For Her. It evolves you in a cozy aromatic cocoon, creates ambiance around you. Besides violets and musk, I can smell roses and cumin here, strange! Reminds me a little bit of Le Labo Rose 31, which i love too.

Lashandy
Lashandy

I bought it after testing at Sasa. Love all the woody woody smell. I feel like walking along the forest which full of pines, Fresh and clean. Good that this one long-lasting on my skin. My hubby said I am smell like plywood, anyway.. I love the perfume.

ellina1984

Violet, heliotrope, musk, something making this somewhat aquatic. It's quite abstract atually, a bit like concentrated fabric softener. I find charming in a caual way, and would have liked to be woodier.
UPDATE: I also get some faint spiciness in the beginning. This could be unisex, too, IMO.

zapling
zapling

I am in love with this scent! I wandered into the store asking the girl for a woody, solemn, resiny, incense like scent. She blinked quite a few times and sprayed Sunflowers on me. I sighed and told her I would rather scavenge the shelves by myself.
Hidden way in the low regions I discovered this beautiful bottle of She Wood. It is all I asked for, and more. It has the wood and the solemnity but it also has incredible warmth and comfort. Like a pink blanket inviting me to ly down in a sunny forest.
I regret that silage and longevity are so low, because I would love to infuse everyone around me with this.

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

This is all about the violets to me. Lovely sweet violets. That makes it very girly, almost childishly innocent and pure. There's a quote that popped up in my mind immediately:

"Gaston was not only a fierce lover, with endless wisdom and imagination, but he was also, perhaps, the first man in the history of the species who had made an emergency landing and had come close to killing himself and his sweetheart simply to make love in a field of violets."
― Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

I like the perfume, it's one of those happy scents that bring nothing but brightness into your day.

xSweetFolie_x
xSweetFolie_x

I guess that a perfume smells really differently when applied in different seasons and temperatures. She Wood was a blind buy in March when the temperature was still quite cold in Canada. The first spray diffused a strong and sharp green grass-like scent, which ruled over the other notes. The violet came along about half an hour later as salty. I was seriously disappointed in my first blind buy. However, when I used it again on this unexpectedly warm day in April, the smell was delightful. I could smell an aromatic violet-not too powdery and not sweet yet fresh and slightly creamy-, and a warm cedar. It is not THAT woody; it is just lovely. Besides, the concept of this perfume and the design of its bottle won me over for recreating an inviting environment of a Canadian forest.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Pencil shavings
Wonderful perfume, woddy and fresh with the pencil shaving vibe quite intense. I would categorize this almost like Paul Smith's Intense and Alexander McQueens Queen. I could wear this all year round, especially during spring and summer. Longevity is decent and sillage medium. There is a hidden class in this perfume, though the price is quite high. Overall happy with my choise.

aftengdur
aftengdur

The first impression was amazing - it felt like "that perfect fragrance i've been searching for the whole time". Very unusual, with an attitude. After 10 minutes it started to smell of powder too much, which is not my favorite note. But still, this fragrance seems very fascinating, I'd like to try other Woods.

chanka
chanka

I so love this fragrance
I was in perfume store in milan 6 years ago and i smelled this from far i went to the stand and tried it, i bought it immediately.
i bought It again and again
Powdery, violet,woode fresh ..
It is very particular fragrance.. but any time i wear it i receive compliments
It last really good, it doesn change later and this is great! Good for summer when you want feel fresh all day
My summer perfume

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

Did they change the formula? I remember having it a few years ago when it smelled almost identical to the male version and back then I found it awesome. Because it had this fresh "wet-wood"-feeling, an aquatic quality and was so natural with a hint of violet powderiness.

Now I bought it again and I can almost only smell violets. Reminds me of Blumarine Bellissima Acqua di Primavera a lot... I still like it, but it's not the same to me anymore. It is such a shame. Maybe I'll just stick to the male version.

Very weird fragrance. I really didn't like the top notes at all. But when the violet came along, I thought it's quite nice.
I really really like the violet, but that's pretty much it.
There's also a little bit cedar, that I can smell, but nothing spectacular.
I think the whole thing is a little too synthetic. Well, I know that all perfumes are, but they don't have to smell like that.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

Not sure if my skin has changed, or just my nose, but now I detect more cedar than I used to. It has a slightly androgynous vibe lurking under the gentle flowery violets.
I see it fitting for an "outdoorsy", nature loving kind of woman.

If anyone is interested it, I have it for swap in the UK.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I am not getting the unisex vibe here at all. I guess with unisex I think of spice or patchouili but this is more of a powdery floral in my book. I can detect slight similarities to Ellen Tracy Bronze but not a dead ringer at all - this is different in it's own right. Definitely a scent that is up my alley in soft clean safe and gentle notes. If your looking for a power house fragrance then pass on She Wood, but if your looking for something completely different, clean, soft with a powdery floral then this one might be for you. Silage mild and I will report later on the longevity.

Quality 10
Silage 5
Uniqueness 8

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Well this is...not at all what I was expecting. Not in a bad way, just different. I'm wearing it now as I just received it in the mail. I surely look like a fool, sitting behind my desk sniffing the crook of my elbow.

I suppose I expected a burst of woody forest upon first spray, but what I got was the heavy greenery of the cedar tree instead of cedar wood. And there's loads of violet flower, without a doubt. It ultimately ends up smelling like a baby powdered pine tree. Again, not bad, just different.
Unique. I think I might be a fan.

I admit, it's a bit screechy at first opening, but it does soften a little. I am worried I'm going to get a headache.
I don't get a unisex from this at all, it seems very feminine to me, however anyone can wear whatever makes them happy. :-)

It seems very fresh and clean smelling. Perfect for spring, early Summer or summer night.

I'll report back after I've used for a couple days.

Update: I hate to say this, but it's a bit too sharp and screechy for me. It never really dries down into anything woody, only cedar greenery and violet. I like it, but the violet is a bit too much. I'll revisit when it's cooler. It's already in the upper 80s here in Texas. Maybe the heat is making it sharper on me.

Update 5.19.14: I like it a lot more today. After getting over my original expectation, I've come to realize it's quite nice. It seems to be more pleasing when sprayed on clothing (a no no, I know). The bitterness just isn't there on my clothing as it is on my skin.

Roslaug
Roslaug

This fragrance was an impulse buy for me, tested it and 3 minutes later I was buying it partly due to how charmed my husband was.

This scent isn't girly girly but unisex it is not. It starts with a woody explosion but the heart is floral and powdery. It's a little too powdery for my tastes by the end of it but I'm satisfied nontheless. I don't get any citrus or jasmine notes like the pyramid says.

I wish it'd last a bit longer though.

bsmith2408
bsmith2408

I'm really confused about this fragrance. I just can't decide what I think. One minute I like it and then I'm not sure. I get the woods but why does it smell fruity on me?? I don't smell any lemon or cedar.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Undoubtedly a violet scent, but fresh, tangy, woodsy, and honestly quite peppery instead of a powdered candy. I quite like it! It smells like a feminine fragrance but has a masculine edge to it, which I appreciate in a scent. This would be ideal for spring or fall. I can see myself really enjoying it! And you really can't beat that price. The longevity isn't great but I don't need a sillage bomb right now anyway. If I use up my sample I'll be buying a full bottle!

Scrilla
Scrilla

First impressions:
Violet
Wet grass
Sunshine
The first warm day of spring
A touch of powder
Feminine

lirael00
lirael00

Definetly unisex. Well, if you like more woody green perfumes then this one is for you. I quite like it even though I'm not the biggest fan of unisex or very fresh fragrances. After some time it turns into more powdery violet cedar scent which is much nicer than the opening. Likeable.

Liquefaction
Liquefaction

I like this fragrance quite a bit, but I'm afraid it doesn't have enough umph for my liking. Sits way too close to the skin. I like to know I'm wearing something to bother.

raluca_am
raluca_am

Clean woody-powdery-fruity, all season scent, just wish it lasted longer. It's one of my favorites, but it's overpriced.

aficionada
aficionada

I bought this perfume about a year ago purely on a whim: woody aquatic group and a sophisticated flagon put a spell on me. My first impression was perplexing: I would never call this fragrance aquatic. There are some woodsy notes - that's true. Quite powdery to me. However, today I gave it another try. I loved the dry-down. I'm not totally in love with it, but I do like it.

Kakibot
Kakibot

I've been eyeing this EDP forever - it always intrigued me, being quite black peppery to my nose, almost unisex, plus the beautiful bottle! For some reason I have never tested it on my own skin until I actually bought it couple of days ago.

I have to say that the first impression was slightly negative - it didn't smell anything like I remembered it from just sniffing the scent on a testing paper. Floral notes quite overpowering anything else, reminded me of a lilac EDT I used to use on high school - loved it, but you understand that I am going for something different now that I am ten years older.

However... as the day progressed, I bussed to my gym, worked out, shopped a bit and then it hit me - the scent I was actually hoping for! Very spicy, slightly woody with violet undertones. I kept sniffing my own wrists, totally in love with it. So I guess the moral is not to trust the first impression, although that is something you all know by now I bet.

On me it smells remarkably like He Wood Rocky Mountain, a fragnance my ex boyfriend bought because I totally loved its unique spiciness. I can actually hardly tell what is the difference between the two (apart from the starting floral explosion!) , because there definitely is one, I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Bottom line : a female fragrance quite unlike any other I know, autumny and warm. A great accessory to your favourite warm winter coat.

pasad
pasad

I dont like how it smells when i put it on but when it dries down its just clean and fresh woody smell. I prefer spicy/woody/leathery scents and even tho i didnt like this one when i first smelled it somehow still had faith in it and was thinking it will be better after drying. I bought it without waiting and by the time i got home from the shop i was completely in love with it. Its just a fresh smell not heavy or overpowering. It doesnt last too long unfortunately.

bren400
bren400

I bought a sample of this because of all the overwhelmingly positive reviews, only to be mislead by them:-( I seriously don't know what all the raving is about with this fragrance. To me, I feel it lacks character. Nothing but sour violets. Definitely not something you can't wait to put on. Masculine to me and more like "She Wouldn't" XD

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

What a HUGE disappointment!!! I was unsure of the strength of the perfume, so I only did moderate spritzes down my arms the first time. I could barely smell anything, so I reapplied the sprays and I got the wonderful scent of violets. But what I truly wanted was the wood!

It is now 2 hours later and the scent is nearly gone. I only got the brief violet and no development after that. I must be one of the poor folks who cannot smell iso-e or whatever the magic ingredient is called. But why can't I smell lemon, the musk, and most importantly, the woods??

As I scrolled through the description once again, I saw that Ellen Tracy's Bronze is on the "smells like" list. AHA! I couldn't smell that one either!!! It was even a greater disappointment than SheWOOD. So, is iso-e the only common denominator?

Elisa S
Elisa S

Wet wood with a sweet/sour tone - this is how She Wood smells to me. Like the smell of an old cedar forest that has been wet for a long time, so the ground has turned into a swamp. Where the humidity intensifies the smells of wood, soil and the sweet, but also sharp smelling, flowers, and adds a certain sourness.

Wearing this fragrance, I think it smells like my clothes (or I) have been left out in a wet cabin in that forest for a long time. I would be selective about where to wear She Wood. I think I would neither use it at a (normal) office nor on a night out. I think it is important to be in the right mood and match the clothing to the atmosphere of this fragrance, or else the smell can easily seem "out of context", if that makes sense..

Update & conclusion:
I can't really make my mind up about the scent... It is somehow intriguing - but I have the feeling that it is not my own fragrance that I am wearing, and like I am pretending to be somebody I'm not. I think violet may not be "my" note - it is too sweet'n'sour and powdery for me - like this fragrance is.

MarillaV
MarillaV

So pretty! First impression is of citrus and jasmine, but it fades away quickly to a heart of violets. Not sugared violets, but more like a true violet flower. As it develops, it feels as though the violets are surrounded by cedar and a touch of amber. I do love a nice woody smell and this delivers. It won't be replacing Sensuous anytime soon, especially as Sensuous is delicious sandalwood and to my nose, there is no sandalwood here. Still, a gorgeous scent. It does tend to fade quickly, but I imagine this would be better for work, etc.

HUEbris
HUEbris

I have tested it today... it reminds me spicy chinese food... I can't remember exactly what it is...
but I don't agreed that It's distinctive or unique... not femenine... very alien...
not macthing my imagination... I had thought this is very powdery and elegant....

AmyEmporiadou
AmyEmporiadou

All I can smell is alcohol..

NicoleO
NicoleO

A softly subtle woodsy fragrance, so feminine but not sweet. I wouldn't call it aquatic at all. It's warm and inviting, I find it quite beautiful. I've never taken much note of violets before and I'm impressed.

My favorite wood scent until now has been Estee Lauder Sensuous, but She Wood is so much more affordable and I feel more wearable as it suits my personality better. Going onto my wanted list.

Sillage is soft but has lasted 8 hours on me.

esther12234
esther12234

I had this perfume several years ago , this is beauty scent with iso e super (as well he wood man also contain this synthetic molecule) . Very feminine. An architecture of the scent well done . There is nothing innovatuve materials .
It is long lasting , but dont expect trail .
I dont plan repurchase it , I decided to buy Feminite du Bois Serge Lutens because in Serge Lutens much more concentration of iso e super which give an more complicated effect .

Maria Goretti
Maria Goretti

Gentileza,alguém que já usou esse perfume explicar melhor,como cheirar bom madeira molhada,ou ferrugem?Estou confusa com os comentários bastante contraditórios como pode cheirar a LB- ou Prada D'Iris? se tem vertentes tão distintas?E tantos outros comparados aqui? Ajudem-me por favor.Quero compra-lo mas quero saber se combina comigo.
amo She Wood Golden Light Wood,Não suporto o limão forte do light Blue,adoro o Infusion d' Iris.Sou fã do Acqua de gió-fem. the one -Ck,Burberry London tbm faz meu tipo.Preciso de opinião sincera.Poderiam me ajudar??

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very true to nature, not too sweet violet with wood backing it up. Only drawback is it does not last long on me -- two hours or so. Amazingly natural violet scent though, not too sugared.

littlestar
littlestar

Such a lovely scent, too bad it doesn't last very long, nevertheless it's great.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Violets!!!! The first impression is of candied violets, prettily displayed. A little powdery and old-style, very nicely done.

Strangely I didn't get the citrus at all the first time I tried, but when I sprayed this again in the same place on my arm, about an hour later, the citrus was very prominent and the violet less so.

Either way this dries down to a soft, slightly powdery, still violet, extremely feminine scent, a little woody and altogether charming.

It's interesting that another poster sees this as unisex - to me it's ultra-femme.

regnflickan
regnflickan

I love this! I got it from a friend who didn´t like one of the notes in it, probably the cedar. It is woodsy and violets is layered over it in a very nice way. I´m thinking of a swedish candy called violtablett. But it´s not a perfume that makes you feel imature or think of sweet candy. The wood in it makes it quite grown up and not girly at all.

I asked my husband what he thought of it, I find it intresting to see what he thinks because he doesn´t know the notes to begin with. "Hmm, very flowery. And strong/sharp. It´s okey." As you can see, he is not very articulate when it comes to describing perfumes... Hum, wierd because I think it´s kind of soft and can smell the violets but no lemon. Well, I love it anyway and will wear it for me! :)

Edit. I have noticed that the scent that lingers on the sweater a day after I used this psrfume only smells of cedarwood and no violets, a bit sad!

ginadantas
ginadantas

A blind buy, it is expensive, but I enjoyed the scent a lot. I am satisfied. However, my concept of a forest smell is a little diferente...

MyNoirBeehive
MyNoirBeehive

Very pretty composition. Opens with powdered violet, rounds out with lots of sandalwood and citrus. Fresh and powdery at the same time. Dries down to a soft, woody glow.

I was honestly hoping She Wood would lean a bit more masculine. Not to say it's super feminine, but it's softer and sweeter than I expected.
Mainly it's powdery violets & heliotrope, neroli, musk and lemon. Soft and woody. Rather fresh smelling.
In colder weather I get a lot more cedar + violet. Not so much of the lemon or neroli.
It's a "love" in cold weather. A "like" in warm weather.
It's the fragrance equivalent of a white cotton t-shirt, and that's not a bad thing. Otherwise 80% of us wouldn't own white cotton t-shirts.
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, the bottle is very stylish.

ninius
ninius

This scent is really nice and fresh. I think the name suits the scent really well; smells woody in a feminine way. I wish this was stronger, too light for me.

annch
annch

For many years, I've been allergic to perfume or cologne. I was happy to find that I actually became immune to alcohol sensitivity over the years. So I looked for my very first perfume. After testing so many, I'm glad I found She Wood. This blends well with my skin chemistry and doesn't give me a headache. It starts out woody for me and then becomes powdery. I love inhaling the scent deeply since it reminds me of being on vacation...in a cottage surrounded by nature, a light sea breeze...nestled under the shade of a tree. I can't help reapplying again later in the day. Surprisingly, this is only one in a few scents that don't turn sour on my skin after long term wear. I wish I bought a bigger bottle...

Glam Sham
Glam Sham

One of my favorites! It's fresh and woody and AMAZING!

chain
chain

I recently bought this based on good reviews,however,l was disappointed,it has no depth on me l can bearly smell after spraying judiciously.Further more,its not woody in any way.

annettepe
annettepe

i think this fragrance is very pleasant. its a sweet florally woody scent. very soft, fresh and clean. its not really me though because i usually prefer scents with more depth and warmer undertones. but it is still very pleasant.

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

I only tried this on a card as I had no skin left to use! It was very powdery and sweet violets but a watery refreshing feel to it in the top notes. On paper, it smells very similar to the Guerlain Meteorites Pearls/Powder to my nose once settled. I still have the card from last night and it still smells very strong but all I can think of is that powder when I smell it.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

I've tested this perfume today ! It's a very interesting,original ,deep woody scent ,but also a bit "melancholic" and masculine or unisex at least :)
She wood is suitable for rainy,gloomy ,windy days ...

Aishester
Aishester

Two words- liberal and carefree. That's how I really feel when I sprayed this on. It seems as though life has a purpose and you're one with the world.

Other reviewers may state that it's masculine due to the woodsy notes while others think that it's more feminine as florals are thrown into this gem of a mixture. But due to the genderless nature of nature itself, I don't see why there's a need to label this dearie.

You will look and feel good just with a crisp white shirt paired with jeans, and a couple spritz of this gem.

I just can't wait for my bottle to finish so I could get my hands on Velvet Forest Wood ;)

scanerss
scanerss

OMG, Love it, love it, love it! I was trying to choose a warm woody fragrance, that would be not too spicy, too sharp, or too sweet, but the one that would linger on the skin and be readily available in the stores or online.
After several days of browsing, i narrowed down the search between Burberry Body and Dsquared she Wood. I think both are splendid, but She Wood has a little more character and does stay longer on my skin.
She Wood has a perfect balance of prominent warm wood, rose and citrus notes. Floral notes are not obnoxious, wood is not too dry or heavy.
I couldn't be happier, a fine addition to me perfume collection!

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

I have finally found a woody violet that isn't to harsh.(with the citrus) It is a lovely violet with a nice soft well-rounded cedar that gives you the impression of being surrounded by violets in a forest. Just a slight touch of powder gives the whole effect a plush velvety feel.

This is a very purple perfume...very lovely and soft. The heliotrope gives this a lovely aura also. Just a very well made perfume.
It's almost like opening up a cedar chest and finding it full of lightly powder dusted parma violets...;)

alicepolice
alicepolice

Oh, I love this so much! I love the fact that this has genuine woodiness - it actually smells like WOOD and not some kind of soft and caramely caricature of wood. First I get a watery splash of flowers that is actually pretty almondy, and then the wood. Class in a bottle!

Musselille
Musselille

For a couple of years ago, I got a sample of this. Since then I've wanted it for birthday and Christmas, but unfortunately have'nt got it yet.

When I wear it, I feel sexy and seductive!

A powdery musky floral scent. Warm, but not too much. I think you can wear it summer and winter.

All the notes are mild and soft.

Good staying power.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

Initially it was a heavy blast of floral and I thought I would hate this. After 15 minutes it has settled comfortably into a tolerable jasmine, violet, woodsy and powdery finish.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Tengo una pequeña muestra de esta gracias a una amiga y me encanta me parece tan delicado y femenino i love this :)

eszticc
eszticc

I thought it would be rather woodsy than powdery. makes me feel dizzy. very strong and not classy at all in my opinion

aditika
aditika

Whoaa a blind buy, and what a blind buy!!.... Best ever!

This fragrance smells so expensive, I cannot believe I got it so cheap (good discount). I mean the presentation, bottle, advertising, and the juice itself is so well created. I am very new to woody fragrances, not too sure if this genre is so good or it’s the fragrance.
A beautiful creation; this to me somewhere gives a hint of Daisy (somewhere) don’t know why.

Longevity- 9/10
Versatility- 8/10
Silage- may be 6 because it does smell like something you would have smelled before. So it is not unique as such. But still more than good

But, overall a great fragrance, not well rewarded and recognised. Smell expensive for cheap!

P.S. I am so happy to see 360 people voted for this. Good taste I would say  xoxo

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Fresh grass. I don't dislike it but is not me at all.

dkny27
dkny27

Mmmmmmm! That's the first thoughts of this fragrance. Violets and cedar, in such a feminine presentation. Deliciousness! It can be used as unisex, as it carries such a smooth, completeness with the jasmine and heliotrope layered in. Not too light but nice for spring.....

akarmi
akarmi

I think this is sexy. Like on the advert photos, that way sexy. I find similarities to Creed Erolfa, it has the similar woody-watery quality. They have some notes in common too.
My boyfriend likes it on me.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

Great fragrance, reminds me very much of Givenchy Extravagance and a bit of Exclamation!

cathy.halk
cathy.halk

I always get nice compliments wearing this amazing perfume.So it doesn't last too long but in a strange way ,i smell it on my clothes every morning ,inviting me to spray it again and again.

It has taken me a while to write a review of Dsquared SHE WOOD because I just cannot make up my mind about this perfume. I certainly love the violets, but there is something about the aquatic side of the composition which leaves me somewhat ambivalent. Maybe that makes sense, since I do not usually like aquatic fragrances. What is interesting about this one is that it does not manifest any of the seasickness-inducing qualities so common in the aquatic category. I have worn SHE WOOD several times, and never has it made me feel angst-ridden or sick.

So why am I ambivalent? I feel that the quality is closer to the Salvatore Ferragamo INCANTO series than to more sophisticated violet perfumes such as Histoires de Parfums BLANC VIOLETTE or L'Artisan Parfumeur VIOLETTE VERTE. SHE WOOD is definitely distinct. I do not find it very similar to Trussardi JEANS (or its close cousin, Alexander McQueen MY QUEEN), nor is it very similar to the Sonoma Scent Studio violet perfumes.

Despite its name, SHE WOOD seems very limpid and aqueous rather than opaque and woody, but there is a tinge of wood. Perhaps that is what makes this creation a bit odd. Rather than the usual treatment of wood, here we have a wood-flavored water. Of course, all perfumes are aqueous solutions, but this is a rare case where the water seems like an important note. This composition is not at all musky to my nose, and I think that floral woody aquatic would be the best category to place it in. Of course it would be all alone. (-;

Rather than agonizing further over my ambivalence, perhaps, in the end, I should just say that while I like SHE WOOD, I do not love it. I am sure that I'll use up my 100ml tester bottle, but I doubt that I'll buy it again.

Guest_cjpudding
Guest_cjpudding

it's much more floral than I expected! Nothing like its name, especially with the strong violet! It is a lovely fragrance though, just nothing special

Lovely! Opens up with a splash of Violets, Jasmine and after a while I can detect soft Cedar and Vetiver. At base I get Amber and Musk. Very fresh and clean.Just a little bit sweet, but not much. I adore this one. Great for every-day-use. Very longlasting, if I spray my clothes it smells wonderful for several days.

Underbar! Öppnar med en dos Violer, Jasmin och efter en stund så kan jag känna en aning om Ceder och Vetiver. Basen ger en härlig dos Amber och Musk. Mycket fräsch och Clean. Bara en aningens söt men inte mycket jag gillar inte söta parfymer - Jag älskar denna. Suverän som varje-dag-doft. Hållbar doft och om jag sprejar SheWood i jackan så doftar jackan gott i flera dagar.

paggeo
paggeo

clean fresh and very woodsy! Almost the same as Trussardi skin!

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

I'm a little disappointed with this one. It's really fresh, aquatic and violet-y, I don't pick up any cedar, musk or any of the basenotes. I think I'm more suited for Velvet Forest Wood. I suppose I expected this to be more, I don't know, "woody".

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

The first few seconds, my reaction is kind of, "what? just alcohol? is it too old or else?" Next, it is very sweet (almost too sweet for me to accept). After 20 minutes, the base notes scream out my taste: mild woody yet still sweet and light. I like it :)

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

Fresh and Clean....Earthy and Calming.
I will reach for this when I'm uncertain about what to wear. It's appealing in a subtle way. You will smell great and those in your presence will feel good just being around you, and they'll have to guess why.

Ohkit
Ohkit

A fairytale of a perfume! The freshness of a spring morning, the enchanting smell of wild flowers, the first rays of sunshine and a drop of honey- everything in a bottle of She Wood. It's not unisex at all, moreover, SHE WOOD is probably one of the most feminine fragrances on the market today. 10 out of 10 for She Wood. Hands down

Psyquart
Psyquart

This is amazing. The perfect balance of woody notes and florals, creating something feminine, but not overly so. It literally smells of freedom to me. Freedom and the woods after rain.

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

the fave frag of my hubby (on me)...
the scent is just gorgeous (as all of the wood) and its a pefect perfume if you want something very quiet, fresh but yet feminine (i mean fresh without all that citrus-detergent etc). it is really very quiet (i will have to say that again)... like when there is only you and the nature... nature doesnt give you overpowering perfume... it gives you tiny little notes here and there, and there and everywhere and so you have a beautiful composition of all those tiny little scents that beautifully sum up into a fresh bouquet of flowers, the trees, the earth and sky and your skin. wood is very like it. to me it has an addition of a little rose note, but not the bulgarian or overpowering rose but fresh wet-rosebud scent.. and the whole perfume is like rain in the nature, in a rosebud garden, so fresh and quiet.... very quiet (and again and again ;))... it actually even whispers. :)

Tiktak
Tiktak

I received a sample size of this and once I tried it, I had to have it. This has become my new favorite. I get a little of everything in this scent. Some woody, which I adore on others but usually does not agree with me. A touch of green. And a lot of violet. Not sweet candy violets but woody violets. I find myself reaching for it all the time now. I feel as if I am in my own little world when I wear this. I LOVE this and I am glad it LOVES me back.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Having tried She Wood Velvet Forest Wood first, I find the opening of this near identical to that one. An aquatic, cucumber-like scent. This wears and seems to me to be an epitome of 'woody aquatic', and I can't say I'm a fan. The middle stages however are where this differs from Velvet Forest, this has the floral notes that Velvet Forest needed more of and as such is more pleasant. The jasmine and neroli come and go quite quickly and the heliotrope and violet take over. This grows muskier as it dries down and seems to return somewhat to the aquatic opening. This is a fresh fragrance, a good example of a woody aquatic, with a floral powdering.

nausikaa
nausikaa

this smells amazing on my boyfriend :)

Allinug
Allinug

I bought this perfume today and I just love it. It smells so good of violet so I could eat my arm...why?...we have a candy, Violtabletter in swedish and it smells so much like that candy.
I didn't think I liked perfumes that smelled so much of violet but this one is so wonderful.
There is one thing I don't understand...It says this perfume is Woody Aquatic...I don't like aquatic perfumes and I can't smell anything aquatic...

Update.
I think the lasting power is okey, yesterday I put it on and I could still smell it after 7-8 hours.

Annica
Annica

I sold 50 ml to a co-worker. It was just too much of violet. It was really nauseating. I can´t stand the smell of She Wood but hope I will change my mind some day.

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

After wanting this for some time I finally bought it today. This perfume is really nice on me. It's fresh, clean and delicate without beeing too boring. I find it very classy, with lovely florals which smells elegant rather than overpowering, as florals easily can doo. It's not one of those too-sweet perfumes, but still romantic. I love the violet in this perfume! And i also really love the woody tone and the slightly more masculine side to it. Still, it's hard for me to see how this could be unisex - on me it does feel mostly feminine. The wood gives it edge, but does not make the perfume "manly". I find this scent perfect for both rainy and sunny days - it's not to heavy. A great spring/summer perfume. And I will also wear it for both evening and day. The scent is intresting, and I value that. Not something you would smell on every other person - quite unique, I must say. The only negative thing is that lasting power is somewhat poor, but not the worst. The scent reminds me of a rain wet garden, almost like some of the Chloe perfumes, but not in the same ... over-watery way. I clearly see the link to the forest and nature here! I think this is a perfume I can love, but I will not settle it one the "love-list" yet. I think I need to really wear it a little more. But I really, really like this, that's for sure.

I liked it when it came out. For me it's also a rose scent. It smells like roses especially in the beginning. On me the drydown is not so nice and gets kind of sharp. Other people did not like the drydown either, they told me, so I never bought it. It also doesn't have much lasting power.

marilynne
marilynne

I like this a lot, especially in the beginning, it seems pretty woody for my taste. Too bad it doesn`t stay as long as I want a perfume to stay on my skin. I wanna have it though.

SheShe
SheShe

At first I was in love. Such a pretty, woody, feminine scent. It was great when I felt nervous, to spray She Wood and you got quieter. But that was the time I adored mainly woody notes. I've got bored by them lately.

But I have to say the smell is very good. You may feel the woody smell, nature, in the centre of a city, and you feel like a woman too :) But She Wood Velvet Forest is much more like a real forest and a masterpiece, although it isn't an easy love, because Velvet F. is much heavier and even little masculine in the beginning.

A pretty scent but I quickly got bored. I come back to it from time to time. I wish the lasting power was better.

ChickyC
ChickyC

Such realistic cedar woody notes I can almost hear the twigs and leaves crunching under my feet. Delicate violets are prominent and dart around like little rays of sunshine. Nothing creamy or musky but a very clean and natural perfume...just like a romantic walk in a forest.

A love from me.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

This a great, light fragrance for women who love the feeling of fresh, clean cologne.

As deeannek noted, She Wood opens with the light green floral note of neroli mingled with a spritz of lemon. Violet also enhances the green a little, contributing also a touch of softness, while jasmine is gentle and luminous.

Heliotrope and musk in combination give a little caramel-like sprinkle of sweetness. Cedar is prominent with its clean, white woody feeling.

Earthy, clean, cool, warm, sweet, dry, full of paradoxes, yet simple and wearable.

deeannek
deeannek

A huge Thank You to awesomeness who sold this to me! I think I am in love! My hubby and I are both wearing and loving this scent.
If you look at my collection I think you will see that I like all sorts of perfumes with 2 exceptions I don't like the smell of tea or super strong florals. The reason I am pointing this out is because of all the perfumes I own, She Wood (love the pun) is unique!
It opens green (Neroli?) on my skin and even from the beginning I can smell cedar and musk which stays with me thru the evolution of the perfume. this combination is creamy perfection. I would say cedar is really the star and the other notes play a supporting role.
I think this is great for all of us women who like our mans cologne but don't like the shaving cream opening that many of them have. For example I love Givenchy's PI on dry down but want to skip the opening which is really masculine.
If you like woody scents and especially cedar, You would like this. I don't get any thing aquatic but maybe that is just me. I would classify this one as a Woody Oriental.

Don't know about this one being Woody Aquatic, I think it is a typical Floral Woody Musk. I love this perfume! It is a real sister to Trussardi Jeans for women! LOVE them both!

jennyh
jennyh

My husband bought He Wood and I love it! Was tempted to wear it myself, but am glad I picked up She Wood, it is the wonderfully feminine version of my hubby's cologne!

On my skin the fresh cedar, amber and floral tones last longest, and I compared this with She Wood Velvet, which became more powdery, soft and floral on me (didn't like that!) One person compared this to Light Blue, but I don't think they're similar at all.

It's fresh, casual, outdoorsy, feminine, sophisticated and very unique. I love it!!!

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

I like it :) Very fresh and pleasant scent,perfect for hot summer days or spring.

t_russell335
t_russell335

sometimes when I use this, I get something that smells like a powdery, sweet candy.. like a sweet tart or something. maybe it's the "violet candy" aspect violets give off sometimes.

usually when the scent calms down though, I get a nice, fresh, dewy violet with some soft whispering, slightly unisex? woods(vitiver I'm guessing). here's how I see the scent.. there is a river, and hanging over the river's edge are some violets and mosses.. sprayed by the river, fresh, crisp and forever moist. Then, in the distance, the sun shines through the canopy into the forest, touching on and warming up the dry earth, trees, dry leaves.

Sorry if that's not well described or written...

the soft scent of dry earth in the drydown is very sexy. it smells very human, comforting, intimate. Almost like your skin but better.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

She Wood is a very unusual fragrance...when I first tried it, I thought, this doesn't smell like anything I've ever tried before! If I had to compare it to anything, it would be Etra's Etro, but this is much softer and sweeter.

The violet note in this one is more prominent than I expected it to be...it's a wet, sweet violet, almost milky (thanks to the heliotrope, I'm sure.) The woody notes (I get mostly cedar and vetiver) are soft but stay strong throughout and keep it warm, despite the wet feel it has...most fragrances that smell "wet" to me are colder in nature.

For a scent that stays so close to the skin, I was impressed by its staying power...I slept in it and could still smell the woody, musky drydown the next morning. Definitely worth trying!

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

Violets attack haha! Jumps out very lively and playful, young but not sexy, strong willed but friendly. Reminds alot of Fahrenheit which I from the start thought would make a good she-scent anyway (I also didn't like F much..) I also got associations to Trussardis Inside, the softness or something. Outdoorish and highly addicitive scent, gorgeous wood. Sort of bohemian, artsy. Wierdly both energetic and soothing. Great for casual/daytime/office. If She Wood was music, it would sound like The Band of Horses :))

Footnote: the bottle is well designed to the scent, my only prob is that the cap is hard to get off and that after using it, my fingers stink with some kind of oxidated metal, maybe rust, horrible. The metal on the cap looks like its been put there tre wrong way, has stains and stuf. Might just be my copy.

guest_Hello!
guest_Hello!

I love it...I am addicted to it! Everybody asks me what's that perfume you have on, it smells so great on me...and on one of my friend who liked it too I gave her a flacon of it she liked it so much she wore it on her wedding day, her husband found it very sexy...Josy I tried many other also, but I always come back to this one...no matter what!!!

RkrChk
RkrChk

It is uncanny how this frag smells so much like Trussardi's "Skin," on me...Key phrase: On ME....The violet immediately takes a stand; the lemon totally shys away, while the jasmine & neroli gently intermingle in the background...The conversation between the notes is lovely and light...This is not as sweet as Feerie,beautiful, nonetheless...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I find She Wood starts out by having a lot in common with a fine NZ Sauvignon Blanc (minus the alcohol). They share the same slightly skanky (delicious!!) fresh cut grassy notes admist a clear watery green bouquet of lemon and herbaceous neroli. She Wood is a refreshing take on citrus greens which I normally dislike with some zest.

She Wood becomes more aquatic in nature during the heart. The violet is like a Monet painting, blurred and watery. I suppose the hyacinth adds some depth to this stage as it is suprisingly robust for an aquatic.

As the waning citrus encounters the waxing cedar in this composition I noticed an alarming 'piddle' aroma however it was relatively short-lived and I don't think it detracted terribly from the experience. Cedar is not very prominent otherwise.

The later drydown does not speak strongly of woodsy notes, unless the vetiver is of the underwater mermaid variety. It lacks earthiness yet is somehow still grounded.

Combining my most hated notes of citrus, herbaceous greenery & aquatics, this perfume has impressed me with its complexity and even found me liking it! A truly bizarre and pleasurable perfume, you will get hours of entertainment trying to figure this fragrance out.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

To me it only smells violet,nothing else. But in a good way,i thing it smells just like Feerie by Van Cleef & Arpels,just like violet candy =)I love it.

zaramona
zaramona

Such an extraordinary scent for such a classy,confident woman.It starts like a breez in to a jungle,reaching the river wich sounds roaring from distance.Then you smell a touch of sweetness just to remind, you are a woman.Drys down a little floral tasting viola and musky and lasts enough to make you feel so...sophesticated.Has nothing to do with feeling extra sassy or jiucy,just a chic woman who knows exactly where she goes and what she wants.Dont you love her?Excelent choice for woody fans,any time any where any age.

Manya
Manya

I will have to test this again, but to me violet+heliotrope= cucumber!! It is not unpleasant, but I wish it was a bit more floral, instead all I get is cucumber water.

The good thing is, I have always wondered how come there isn't a female version of 'Fahrenheit' by Dior, well, this fragrance is just that!

dragonesque
dragonesque

It’s so shy and delicate – not what one would expect of a fragrance called “Wood”. It does not smell of wood itself, but rather recreates the sensation you experience when walking through a pine wood on a sunny day. The smell of wild violets is the most prominent. There is also wet cedar bark, moss and air rich in ozone. I can see sunlight coming through the limbs of the trees and hear the sound of a small river somewhere nearby. Beautiful. Calm. Comforting. I only wish it had a better longevity.

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

i wanted to try this one but all the reviews say woods? what woods you know if you really love a certain scent like sandal wood or cedar or leather 'lavender etc . . . go to an aromatherapy place and buy a vile of the scent in pure form like cedar oil or lavendar oil thentake one of your favorite perfumes and layer them then your happy and no one else smells just like you this is a hame thou who wants to buy a perfume named woods then have to put there own wood into it . . . .

mymlan
mymlan

She Wood Dsquarded is a true beauty. The top notes are slighly sour at first from the neroli, but very soon a playful forest violet joins the blend and the whole fragrance becomes sweet, rich and velvety, with pronounced moist notes like when dewy forest violets are caressed by the first morning sun.

On my skin the woody notes are not very dominant. The violet shines almost alone in it's pure perfecton and the violets usual tendency of beeing overly sweet is well balanced by jasmine, heliotrope and soft musky woody notes.

However, this fragrance may a bit faint for my first purpose. As I'm looking for the perfect BIG violet I rather find She Wood a fragrance I would enjoy very much at home. But for city life She Wood is a bit shy. I'm also not very found of the bottle as it reminds me too much of modern bath room design. Someting more mysteriously romantic would have fitted this fragrance a lot better IMO. What I do like alot is that the violet is balanced with floral and woody notes rather than anise/licorice which is quite common among the violets. Let's just say that this is a very good alternative way of creating a violet fragrance.

If you are looking for a true and beautiful forest violet She Wood is definetly worth buying. It is a serene queen among violet fragrances, very easy to wear and you will do that proudly.

bloodflower
bloodflower

i thought it would me masculine, in contrary on me t was more like woody floral, warm and spicy, deep and woody, a weird scent, i liked it though, it is one of a kind haven't tried something similar.

Berith

Because of the woody-aquatic group, I thought I would like it. Yet the combination is weird; aquatic and woody. After a a work out in the gym, I smell aquatic, but then again when I'm enjoying my lazy sunday morning I only smell wood. The fragrance is nice and fresh, but the combination is not my favorite.

Berith

It smells similar as Guerlain L'Instance. More woody then aquatic. Maybe I'd like the latest version of She wood (She wood Velvet Forrest) better. But never the less it's warm and comfy. Good enough!

pansylady
pansylady

I love this one- in my opinion, it is THE best violet because, while staying true to its essential nature, it never gets even close to being cloying. Also, I think that SheWOOD is exquisitely blended- the lemon and jasmine top notes meld beautifully into the violet heart, making a smooth transition, to the benefit of all parties. The scent does seem a little light on wood, given its name, but all parts complement each other beautifully, so I'm definitely not complaining.WONDERFUL fragrance!

Aalia
Aalia

The lemon top note hangs on for a good while...the florals come along, very happy dears they are. The base is not strong at all. The perfume wears well for about two hours, and lasts faintly for two or three hours more. The floral notes are strong(while they last), I often felt it could be a "Floral Woody Musk" rather than a "Woody Acquatic" as listed above. It only portrays water in the sense that it is delicate..thin..a bit of a shape shifter. At one moment, there was a hint of smelling a nice wooden cedar drawer-very enjoyable. It's not overwhelmingly powdery, just a touch dusty and gentle all around. A lovely, tender, silky scent... I should like to have it as a daytime scent, to wear here in the heat or also to wear out on a breezy cool night. I had expected a boisterous, pushy, woodier character to the scent, something very avant-garde, reading the name, looking at the bottle, but, it's not...it's amiable, ladylike, smooth, a tad irrestisble, and quite casual; perhaps a perfume that is palatable and charming to all.

guest_holakitty
guest_holakitty

I love this perfume! Yesterday i was walking in the streets of barcelona and thought, I should go looking for a new perfume. I normally use prada and like intense perfumes. I smelled every classic perfume and they were all the same. So i tried she wood. I thought to myself, a fragrance of wood? That cant be good. When i first tested it i couldnt really understand but when i l left the shop, it started to smell amazing. Very different than any other perfume. It smells really strong and makes u feel so though and raw but at the same time it is powdery and lusty which made me feel quite so feminine and luxurious. I am so happy to have found a perfume that is known by few. It feels so unique. I bought 3 of them just in case i cant find it in my homeland when i return from my barcelona trip. You should definitely try it.

Divenus
Divenus

Matter of fact, there is no much woods in this at all. A bit undecovered, and in the final more.
But this doesn't change that this perfum is really special.
Some kind of floral fruit, distinct and different, very feminine even if was created with a masculine base.
Made me fell very unique, and jealous that anyone use this too, because make you want this only for you.
The people ask you what perfume is, and you don't wanna tell.
But is very curious that I come back to the store were I buy my She Wood, and buy another one to give to my very special sister that lives 10.000 Km far away from me, and who I miss too much and will see again in 3 days after a long time waiting.
And this is because I see that this perfume can make she fells so special, how she deserves.
And I could by any other perfume, because I love a lot of them. But this is the only who makes me fell really special. And that's what I want for this special sister.

rainydays
rainydays

I'm torn with this one... I love the cedar notes (which are made more feminine with some soft florals thrown in); cedar always reminds me of walking through a forest (haha, no duh). But it's way too powdery. Can't stand powdery. :(

teedee
teedee

The name deceives! I was patiently waiting for the wood, and I get no wood at all... What I got was ever evolving beginning-starts with a strange note I can't remember, then the flowers, followed by watery thing. Finally it settles to a blend that is similar to Hermes' un jardin apres la mousson, even tough it is less smooth than mousson. Slightly sweeter.

Nice, but not very exceptional, I prefer mousson much more than she wood.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Initially smells like cypress and pine, has a sour citrus touch. Then the flowers arise, soft violet, and pushes the sour note to the background.

Has no sweetness, its purely floral, woodsy and fresh, intriguing and unusual.

On the test paper last for several hours and has moderate strength.

On my skin it is really quiet, lasting power minimal!!!

sky76sky
sky76sky

A soft & pleasant lightly citrus woody-walk scent. Lazy, relaxed & feminine without being girly. For me, this doesn't scream 'signature scent' so it may be one you overlook. It is worthy of a full day's wear.

"Woody aquatic" - aquatic...didn't sound my cup of tea. I have enjoyed testing this perfume & I would not place it in this catagory...although what to place it in is a difficulty!

It starts gently with a warm lemony lift - not too strong, very mellow with a barely-there watery feel. At once I can smell the soft woods & hay & I detect a delicate jasmine/musk running between the citrus (leaves?) & the cedar. I only then start to trace the path of the dark wood violets...which is the way I like them, resting peacefully in the cool shade.

The scent borders on masculine fragrance territory, which I thoroughly enjoy, but remains smooth & womanly throughout erring towards the sweet violet at times, but never loud or stripping. The woods are not loud or rough-sawn - they are polished & shapely - classic feminine curves.

The dry-down is a classic, warm musk. No heavy ambers or cloying vanilla - this is a mid-weight scent. It remains close to the wearer & stays put for 4 hours.

If you enjoy soft musk & woods but do not appreciate very girly scents, then you will love this. To my nose this is not in the same territory as the zingy, sherbety Light Blue although they share a sour/tart note. She Wood is far more refined & is on low volume.

I would consider buying this.

reka
reka

tried it a while ago, can't remember being too excited about it. now that I have it, and think I CAN'T live without this fragrance! very modern, very stylish..

Fruit and wood in a sweet/tart combination. Rather nice and crisp while at the same time being almost edibly sweet with a smooth effortless wood base. Nice.

imgcas has it! It DOES smell like Light Blue! Maybe a little more fruity. I wasn't sure what it reminded me of, and it's very nice, but it wasn't anything I hadn't smelled before. I may use up my sample, but I won't be buying this in a full bottle. Great for summer, though.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Oh, as I like perfume make by Daphe Bugey ( Kenzo Amour, Indian Holi,Inside), because there are unussually subtle, but distinct, warm, very femine, original. Such is She Wood too. My nose feels in it violets, lemon, cedar, on background - note of raspberry and very delicate powder. Smell is unusually nice, girlish. It's possible to compare it for simple, but pretty flowers summer dress. I very like summer flowers dresses. I very like She Wood.

imgcas
imgcas

She what?
Where's the wood?

I love He Woods because it smells green and woody, being fresh and soothing at the same time. It's a wonderful fragance and very long lasting.

But She Wood was a real disappointment. I couldn't get any wood. It was the typical fruity floral. It even reminded me of Light Blue!

I'm looking forward to trying the new flanker, which I hope will be what this should have been.

louyse
louyse

The smell of She Wood is quite similar to Roxy Love (Roxy). A fresh, clean,
woody smell for summer. Love it!!

this is very pleasant for me.although I can't describe the notes,I just get something very aquatic from the first notes.it should be neroli.it's all watery,not that woody like the male version,but it's really nice specially for summer.what I like about it,is the innovation.it's not like most of the perfumes you've already smelled;not something floral,oriental nor fruity.it's almost unique,though I don't consider it sensual.
from the middle notes the best way for me to describe it is litchi scent.to me it smells exactly like litchi;fresh and yet aquatic with some hints of fruitiness.
unfortunately the base notes are not very special.in fact I think it doesn't last for a long time.I don't agree that it's a unisex perfume,but I agree it's not like any other feminine perfume you've already tested.I just love it!my boyfriend likes the male version and we agree that both of them are great and unique.

Ninulia
Ninulia

Very GOOD!!! I knew I would love it!! Smells so fresh and at the same time worm... It really reminds me Of Marc Jacobs Daisy, BVL OMNIA GREEN JADE, And Guerlain Instant magic but is mush lighter.. it also has good lasting power.. I think it matches any season perfectly... its fresh in the summer and worm in the winter!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This fragrance is like woody-flowery juice. I don't know why but the flowery smell I think to be lilac! I remember how I pick the flowers and sniff them... exact smell! Although it's not listed here.
It made me think of late spring, here at my place..
A nice fragrance for spring!

nilokin
nilokin

The violet really stands out on my skin when I tried it, and there's also something woody-sweetsour behind it, like a forest full of violets after rain in spring. It really is more of a unisex fragrance. It's mysterius and seductive,yet very warm and beautifull. I love it.

Anji78
Anji78

I loved this one the minute I tried it! I feel as if sitting on a violet field somewhere in the forest and the wind gently blowing and spreading the lovely scent... It's on the top of my wish list!

PR
PR

tried it a while ago, can't remember being too excited about it. I think I can live without this fragrance

SandraS
SandraS

It smells woody to me. It reminds me of pine resin and wood polish with green notes.

I will give it another try and I considere it very interesting.

Marianne
Marianne

Reading these reviews, I doubt whether I smelled the same perfume. It doesn't smell woody at all, but watery, without any typical note. Maybe watered wood? And it doesn't last at all on me.

klonk
klonk

Today I received a sample of this and I really love it! But after only a few seconds it reminded me of Prada 'Infusion d'Iris'! I even think it smells almost identical. This seems much softer to my nose though... It starts quite fresh (sparkling lemon), then after only half a minute the violet comes to my nose. The drydown is really smooth with some wood. Nothing heavy or masculine but a soft warm blanket on my skin....!

maschin
maschin

it is an interesting smell, combined by lemon, musk and a woody sense which lasts a lot without loosing its character.

amanda
amanda

i smelled it today, and i liked it, its a well composed citrus and woody smell, not overhelming but lasting

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSQUARED² She Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSQUARED² She Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify She Wood by DSQUARED². Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of She Wood by DSQUARED² represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.