Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Want DSQUARED² for women

Want DSQUARED² for women
dislike

Want DSQUARED² for women Pictures Want DSQUARED² for women Pictures

In September 2015 new fragrance by the house of DSquared2 which opens a brand new chapter of this fashion brand’s collection hits the shelves. The fragrance was created for women and ‘has nothing to do with men’s fragrance we created in the past’ – says Dan, suggesting previous fragrant pairs launch. The new edition for women will not be paired with a version for men. ‘Our girl has always been self-confident’ – adds Dan, and says that many fragrance campaigns were created to highlight and idealize women’s beauty, but Caten brothers realize that not every girl is a "girly girl".

The new fragrance DSQUARED2 WANT is supposed to arrive in 9000 stores by spring, for the beginning in Europe, Middle East and Russia, while it arrives in Asia and Latin America in the first half of 2016.

The fragrance was constructed as oriental-floral and was composed by Aurélien Guichard of Givaudan. The fragrance opens with chords of mandarin, ginger and pink pepper, followed by Damascus rose, heliotrope and neroli. The base is created of Madagascar vanilla, vanilla absolute and violet wood.

DSQUARED2 WANT arrives as 30, 50 and 100ml Eau de Parfum. The collection will be expanded with 200 ml body bath, 200 ml body lotion and 100 ml spray deodorant. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Mandarin Orange Ginger Pink Pepper

Kenzo Amour

Want Fragrance Reviews

neshat
neshat

gilry version of Sí girogio armani. long lasting with a good silage. I love it.

There are lots of perfumes out there which are inspired by the idea of vanilla sugary candy, lollipop, bonbon and so on, yet I think there are good reasons to like want.
Want starts with a blast of creamy sweet powdery notes with a touch of rose. It doesn't remind me of prada candy, V&R bonbon, lancome hypnose or any other popular sweet vanilla perfume. It's naughty and playful with a feminine nature. I think ginger and pink pepper are essential elements to milden sweetness.
Getting more floral, it also gets sweeter with the pass of time and then reaches a dry down which smells almost like pure praline note to me.
Totally I'm a fan of Dsquared2 perfumes. My favorite being first version of she wood, this one would be my second choice.
My complain is that it stays pretty close to skin and doesn't have a huge long lasting power. Also, even though I get the concept of the bottle, I'm not a fan of that gigantic sphere on top of it. So, the bottle could have been more flattering.

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

so... if you love a rich vanilla perfume this is it. strong rich vanilla, that stays on you all day long and night and maybe the other day... it is lovely i like it, not love, but sure a big like~

SheShe
SheShe

If I had to compare this perfume to other ones, they would be L'Instant de Guerlain, somewhere inbetween the edp and edt version or Kenzo Amour but it isn't a dupe at all.
I prefer Want Pink Ginger because it has this pink note in it, but Want is actually good. It lasts very long on me, more than 24 hours! Its sillage is moderate. The fragrance is mainly about vanilla, vanilla with flowers, an oud-like vanilla. I don't think it's much close to Kenzo's "Madagascar". So sweet, honey-like, darker vanilla in the end, the fragrance is much lighter in its head and heart notes though. A lovely oriental-floral, if you like vanilla.
I don't like this girl in the ad. She looks vulgar. And I do like the brand, I have never been disappointed by any of their scents and I know all female ones.

Winter Sweet
Winter Sweet

Be careful! This lollipop will sting your tongue.

It's a warm spicy vanilla heliotrope gourmand scent.Too much vanilla for my taste. Gave me a little bit headache the first time that I tested it.
Not bad or unpleasant. Just not my cup of tea.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

After a traumatic week, this splurge blind-buy was much welcome! I needed a new sniff, pick-me up. :) Based on all the good reviews and my love of gourmands, I knew this would be a win.

And it is.

But... it's awfully generic/ordinary. I wasn't blown away. It IS a nice powdery vanilla, average sillage/potency... some slight woods and citrus. The perfume as a whole is 75% ROSE.

At first spritz, this reminded me of Fancy by Jessica Simpson. And then it kinda dries to be lovely, yet generic, and soft. It's still a great soft yummy perfume, but didn't knock my socks off. ;)

I also get Kenzo Amour after the Fancy-ness wears off.

I wore recently (winter) and I love it! I get a spicy cookie smell... like a molasses cookie!

RoulitaGatita
RoulitaGatita

it's a really nice fragrance, I love it, it smells exactly like «palouzes» , it is a Cyprus dessert and to be honest it's my favourite dessert:D I bought this perfume for my mother and she adores it. Longevity and sillage are huge. A love for me.

GourmandGirl
GourmandGirl

I do adore this, it's a dreamy, very powdery vanilla that exudes calmness and coziness, it is a stunning perfume. I can see me wearing this lounging on my bed when i'm in my pj's after a soak in the bath as it does make you feel so very cozy.

It's a very real vanilla, like smelling vanilla essence as you pour it into cake batter, and the heliotrope is beautiful, such a soft smelling flower. I don't detect any ginger or rose and the neroli is quite faint, but the woods shine through, giving it such depth and warmth.

I wasn't too sure about the longevity when I first wore it, it seemed quite weak, but for some reason it lasts a lot longer now and smells heavier too! All round, a lovely perfume, perfect for this time of year.

mariamarouli91
mariamarouli91

As a gourmand lover, I had to try also this! And I'm glad I did! Well, in a few words, Dsquared Want is a powdery vanilla fragrance. When I first spray I smell the most wonderful natural vanilla smell ever!After a few minutes I also detect something powdery,velvety,airy. That should be the heliotrope. At the drydown phase of the fragrance I smell a bit of woods but still powdery-vanillary.
So,this is a must-smell fragrance for us who love sweet scents. You won't be dissapointed. Very nice for everyday wear,even at office. It's not sickening sweet. The woods and powdery notes balance out the sweetness. This will be my everyday go-to scent for fall. Very nice longevity and satisfying sillage.Highly recommend it! Love the bottle!

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Fell completely for the bottle, so bought it unsniffed and just hoped for the best. Usually I don't like ginger so I was very excited to see how this would turn out. But OMG it is amazing! Sweet, sticky, caramelly fluff marshmallow and vanilla, but toned down with a rosey floral (can't really detect exactely which) which keep it from being overly sweet and sticky, and keeps it more classy and mature. It reminds me a lot of MOR Marshmallow, which has the same sticky marshmallow note, that are kept under control by a beautiful rose. They both have a Middle Eastern sweet candy vibe going on. Especially in very hot and humid weather it smells like Turkish Delight.

The bottle is a story on its own - AMAZING ! The thick gold band, and huge jawbreaker-ball on top as a lid. Very cute and somehow retro - reminds me of something on a 50's vanity before prom. Very art deco. (It is so much prettier in real life!)

I don't like the add. I think it is supposed to be sexy, but I think it is just plain vulgar. Out of the thousands of ways it could have been done, the final one is this ?? I have no idea how the ended up with nasty, sweaty pictures of a model posing overly sexy with a lollipop ..

Besides the add, the scent and bottle is amazing. Lasts forever, great projection. A new favorite :)

Lazaro
Lazaro

Dsquared2 want is a very delicious fragrance packed on a beautiful bottle. this perfume is quite like something that I smell before, specially in the opening where I detect honey even when is not listed as a ingredient...May I said the classic Cinema by YvesSaintLaurent.
The fragrance star strong with a blast of vanilla and woods, but I detect a very prominent presence of milk.
I will make update later.

Soofiya

I know I've already posted my comment about want,but now that I'm in this page,I can't pass it without saying again that how much I love want...it is the best natural smelling vanilla,powdery,soft,ice creamy but not cold
I'm almost easy going about perfumes and it's really easy to please me,but want it the only perfume among more than a 100 perfumes I own that I always want it,I'm always eager to smell it,even sniffing it's cool cap makes me satisfied,but as much as I sniff I feel I can't get enough of it,I'm addicted to want
The scent is familiar but I'm sure I've never smelled any fragrance like this,it doesn't smell like a perfume,yet I find it that much delicious that I want to lick my wrist when I apply it,it's amazingly delicious without smelling like a piece of cake..it's cozy in cold temp and cooling in heat..this is a very different vanilla scent
In my previous review I said Longevity is good and sillage is moderate,now I've find out that Longevity is great,and sillage is not cloying but noticeable for everyone even not that close to you..just two sprays is enough to relax all day in this delicious creamy heaven
There is just one big problem,I prefer to drink it or bath in it,more than wearing it
❤❤❤❤❤

Lito2
Lito2

After several uses I've seen that definitely vanilla plays a great role in the drying). Vanilla linked to a slight Woody touch. For me this perfume makes the olfactory journey from Balsamic and spicy, creamy pink with a finishing touch of vanilla very subtly Woody.

Lots of sticky vanilla. I think it's suitable only for ultimate vanilla lovers. For me it's far too much. Also heavy woody notes are not my favorite.

Lola36*2
Lola36*2

I can not agree more! It is impossible to go unnoticed with her! I got it today and no more spray I was in shock! As powerful opening! FEMININITY and the attraction come together here... Asking for another booking in 3, 2, 1!

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

The bottle looks way expensive in real than in the ad, i loooove the bottle, i can buy it just by looking at it. And it is so heavy, makes it so expensive looking.
And the scent, the scent is soft vanilla not cloying like Britney Fantasy which makes me hate vanilla. But this one is a Love from me, very elegant sweet smelling vanilla.

Soofiya

As soon as I tested want,I wanted it.it was love at first sniff and as time passes I love it more.it reminds me a delicious home made vanilla ice cream
It has everything I love in a perfume,creamy delicious spicy vanilla,soft powdered with a fresh flowery undertone and a touch of woods in dry down
It's not a generic vanilla scent,also not cloying and supersweet,there are lovely florals here,adding freshness and powders to the combination.there are also spices here,preventing want from turning to a childish gourmand,it's young but not girly.it's sensual,delicious and naughty
Best season for it is autumn, but is wearable all around the year.its also really long-lasting with moderate spillage.I also love it's unique bottle with it's big round cap..my only regret is buying 1.7 Oz bottle.no doubt i'm going to need another bottle

Shwets
Shwets

I sprayed this at the airport and it was a delicious deep gourmand vanilla. I didn't test it for longer so cab only say for the initial phase.

littleprada
littleprada

The first thought that came in mind when I tried this was "I want it".Dsquared anticipated that. The vanilla is strong with this one. But it doesn't smell generic and it's not overpowering. Smooth creamy vanilla, not harsh and cheap. Kind of reminds me that cooking vanilla my mother used when she baked cakes. Warm and sweet. After some time with this on, I start to get the rose. Makes this scent even more beautiful and feminine.

Lasting power is okay, sillage is quite big though. So be careful not to wear too much of this. You will smell like a moving cake bakery.

I love it in the spring, and it might be suited for the summer. Since I feel optimistic and happy wearing it,so I do think it will suit well the summer mood.Not sure if it will withstand the heat though.

auroramaria

This is my second review just wanted to say that I'm enjoying even more weraing Want now that it's springtime, it is so warm and sweet but never cloying.
There's lots of vanilla here but roses keep it from becoming sticky.Can't get enough of this stuff

wendyha
wendyha

Delicious oriental flowery scent with a lot of vanilla. At first I only smelled the vanilla, but when it dried down, it became a beautiful blended scent, with mandarin, damascus rose, pink pepper, heliotrope, neroli and still a lot of vanilla. I don't smell the violetwood. It is a very sweet oriental flowery vanilla scent, but not too sweet, like Casmir by Chopard.

My beloved Birmane is almost finished and unfortunately that scent got discontinued. So now I am searching for the ideal replacement scent, so I am checking out other oriental flowery vanilla scents. Casmir turned out way too sweet, Siam Flamboyant by ID perfumes is also delicious, but not as chic, elegant and sophisticated as Birmane. Want is really delicious, but it is not as mysterious as Birmane. So I haven't found a winner yet.

I also smelled Miss Dior Le Parfum and Shalimar by Guerlain in the store, so those two scents are two other scents that I am going to test, in my search for my favourite oriental flowery vanilla scent.

Longevity is less than twelve hours. I am only interested in scents with more longevity, from early in the morning, till late at night, so this scent is not my replacement for Birmane.

madaboutplastic
madaboutplastic

Initial scent is vanilla. Then settles into oud. Goes super bad after few hours. Smells chemical after contact hand with water.

Antares811
Antares811

Feminine and soft, beautiful rose, heliotrope and vanilla.
If you like powdery-vanilla scents, this is amazing.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

I am not sure I WANT it, but for sure it's a new and nice child in the vanillic familly. I am between this and Paco Rabanne's Olympea. It's a pretty scent, vanillic, conforming, airy, feminine because of the soft woods and it takes time to shine.

This is it's magic. It takes time to evolve on your skin and it's sillage is good, although it stays closer to the skin. Lasting power isn't that good but fans of DSQ2 will love it. I can't find the oriental character they say it has, but for sure there is a light sour synthetic vanillic tone and a heavy loudless spiciness if that makes sense, only in the beginning. When I first sprayed I couldn't smell of anything, after a few minutes I finally got it.

For me it could be a safe perfume for work as well as for a night out. Definitely a younger crowds pleaser without a generic taste for sickly sweet perfumes. All in all, elegant but playful. Like when we suck a lollipop, it doesn't have the greatest fullness of taste but we keep sucking it. Keep it simple, a nice "lollipop" with mute strenght and heavenly addicting dry down. Can't wait to give it a second chance.

AlyDoll13
AlyDoll13

Today i've tried the sample,tomorrow i'm buying the 100ml bottle.That simple!

Edit*** i got it,i got it,oh and i love it!First the bottle is wonderfull,that nude colour of the ball form cap is amazing,never seen such a big end cap haha,is so heavy but also different.and the perfume,oh my the scent,is absolutely delicious,warm and sweet and just a bit of floral mixed with the main vanilla note.I would wear it all day long being winter,but will def give it a try in summer just to see if it goes ok with the heat.Great longevity ,the sillage i should wait a bit to say cause i told mom i got my new perfume and even though she was in front of me she reached out to smell my neck...it was just a puff but even so,couldn't quite get why she cannot sense it.will edit that soon too.Anyway get it guys,well worths it!

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

When i first tried it out i thought it was kind of different than other popular new perfumes. It smelled somehow minty, what i liked a lot.
Second try today (this time longer wear), the impression was quite disappointing. Minty note is gone very fast and vanilla plays the main role. Spoiler!
It remainds me a lot of Jil by Jil Sander. I'd almost say they're twins

dormir6
dormir6

Love at first sniff! Not new, but it is a perfect feminine fragrance. Balanced. Not gourmand, but sweet, and fluffy vanilla. Not girlie but very pretty. Not edible but it fulfills your heart and soul. Not too sophisticated in a complicated way, but has fresh, kind,young and brave aura.
If you like Lacoste pour femme, or liked Trussardi Inside you will like this one.
It is sooooo good!!!!
After a little time it became better and better!!! I can detect some rose, the clean, spicy, modern rose!!! Ohh! And the last surprise is the drydown! Like the cheerful goldengirl Max Mara gingery light, sweet gleaming. Wonderful!!! Everything in one fragrance I have appreciated in my - some sadly discontinued- favorit parfumes.

Very, very good! Spicy and sweet perfume, perfect for Christmas time. I sense vanilla very strongly, there's also some rose, ginger and wood.
I think it's oriental smelling and very nice.
It's so edible smelling, I think of tea with spices and ginger, when I'm smelling it.
A great possible Christmas gift.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I wouldn't say the main note is vanilla here, and I don't consider it a gourmand: it seems to me like a cross between Tresor Lancome and Flowers Kenzo, of course with an extra twist of vanilla and heliotrope. So for me it's a rose-vanilla scent, very powdery, romantic and somehow nostalgic. I love it, it's simply so "me" :)

Want is so interesting !!! It is kind of a balsamic spicy vanilla, soft , powdery with a real nice edge!! Warm, easy to wear, in the cooler weather it is enveloping, I don't find it super sweet, just lovely!! It isn't very strong, doesn't make a huge statement, yet it is attractive .! I usually don't enjoy powdery scents, but this is done in a different way, the powdery edge is a bit citrusy and spicy ..nice.
The bottle has a retro look, cool!!

OMG! I love it already! After one day of wearing I'm in love! We'll see if it will last the day after, but I think it will be a "yes". What's so special here? Nothing new really, but for once it was well made.
Exactly as for Dior J'adore L'absolu: what's new? Nothing new but well made. At least to my nose. I already had Hermes 24 Faubourg EdT (and a vague residue of Charlie Red) on one wrist, a classy scent and not so dry, but it immediately became dry compared to Want. So I tried to remove 24 F. and enjoy Want, not on the same spot, of course. Oh, well, I gave myself a good dose from the weird tester...
Let's talk about the bottle: a garden ball lamp that called me from 3 meters afar while scanning the shelves. From a close distance it looked more like a portable Moon on a golden stand. The flashy cap is heavyyy!
I'm not a fan of Dsquared2 and didn't like their previous fragrances. Way too mainstream and harsh.
I thought: "Ok, let's give this one a try, just for reference"
I was hooked and immediately reminded of something else. It smelled familiar. For me it's a similar scent with Dior J'adore L'absolu, both for the rose and the vanilla absolute, even if Want is more charged on vanilla.
I get the similarities with YSL Cinema (which I dislike for some notes that turned bad on me), but I also get a hint of old Poison in the purple bottle, the EdT from '80s.
And, believe it or not, I smell a vague hint of Impulse Spice Girls deospray.
I sprayed too much, but I was walking in the mall like in heaven.
I'm quite known for being a candy-hater and generally not a lover of gourmands, but I enjoy semi-gourmand when matched with luscious florals.
Now, Want is on the borderline. You can definetely smell flowers and especially the rose, but vanilla is strong and a bit overpowering.
I wish it was more oriental floral, but if a flaw exists here is the usual one: vanilla used as a drydown without good woods to tame "her". Those "woody notes" tell me nothing.
All in all Want is a vanillic gourmand (forget about the grand orientals of the past in 2015), but I believe that I can tell one vanilla from another. I love the absolute and literally loathe all those candy factory vanillas around that make all wearers smell as if they just rolled among the shelves of a 1 euro candy shop.
In my nose there is a fine line dividing the good and the bad vanillas. Want falls in the good side for a whim.
It's longlasting for sure, sillage is average.
The ad is so ugly. I'm glad I didn't see it in advance.

Edit: after a whole day it went into the morning after directly on skin. Yes, it is longlasting, even if the part that lasts so long is pure vanilla in a synthetic way, quite similar to Monotheme Vanilla Blossom, which I like as a happy mood lifting scent.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I wrote that Wanr smells similar to Dior J'adore L'absolu for its vanilla absolute, but I really meant Dior J'adore L'Or. Too many flankers twisted my brain.

Bublegum
Bublegum

So strange. I do not get the vanilla on my skin and in no way it remind me of cinema. I get some spicy rosey notes. When I smelled it I was sure that it contains insence, but it seems that is not the case.So for me, this is a sensual rose scent

blueviolet
blueviolet

Definitely vanilla sugar. That's pretty much all I get. You know that vanilla powder you use for cooking. It's nice, not very complex. I can smell Kenzo Amour in this.

antonpan
antonpan

Finally, we got a winner from Dsquared2. Want is by far the superior fragrance in the line of the brand, and that's the contribution of Aurelien Guichard.
The Want smells like a powdery version of YSL Cinema. The fact that YSL discontinued its the most beautiful gourmand Cinema was a big disaapointment. Now we have a decent replacement with the same level of quality and longevity.
Dsquared Want is a vanilla perfume mixed with sparkling note of sweet citruses. Guicharded added some roses to this composition, making it powdery in the way of Kenzo Amour/Hypnotic Poison. The result is really captivating and chic. If you like sweet gourmands, you must try Dsquared2 Want!

The bottle is a masterpiece.

auroramaria

Just received Want from the Italian Dsquared site! This is beyond gorgeous! It's very sweet roses and vanilla galore but also sophisticated and very feminine. It smells different from all recent fragrance realeses it's so beautiful.
Sillage is outstanding longevity I don't know just yet but it is projecting beautifully.
As I'm typing this scent reminds me of Roses Vanille by Mancera it has the same richness.
well done Dsquared!

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

I was lucky enough to get several testers of this. I've been giving Want a shot for several days now and I quite like it. I'm rather surprised that it is considered an oriental floral as to my nose it mostly smells of soft, powdery vanilla. I consider this a 'transition' fragrance; perfect for the mediocre and sometimes rainy weather of spring and autumn. It's too powdery and comforting for summer, and not loud enough for winter.

Citrus? No, unless you count the slight citrus vibe you get when you put your nose right next to your skin within the first hour of spraying it. The citrus doesn't project at all.
Vannila? Very much so, but not the loud, gourmandy vanilla that we usually smell in todays perfumes. Instead, it smells rather powdery and clean. It's really nicely blended with the woodsy and floral notes.
Unlike lilymorena I didn't get any coffee or tobacco from this. Be cautious about spraying this on clothes, as it left yellow stains on my white shirt.

The sillage is soft to moderate. The lasting power really surprised me. I could still smell it after 10 hours. Overall I would describe this as a comfort scent or one for confident women who don't feel the need to flaunt their confidence by walking around snapping their fingers and making sassy remarks. This is quiet confidence, a relaxed state of mind that everything is under control.

lilymorena
lilymorena

I am testing it right now. Fresh, sweet floral with a bit smoke undertone, maybe the woodsy notes. It smells a bit like Lolita Lempicka Edp but not so dark, citrus is hier more prominent (but not loud or longlasting). Nice fragance for office, sits close to skin. So far nice but nothing really special.

Update: the drydown became a real surprise. I smell a bit coffie and Tobacco. Now I know where the vibe comes from, Just Cavalli from Cavalli (soft coffie and Tobacco), but much sweeter. Good longevity.

d7just
d7just

Want smells like a field of roses an vanilla fresh, soft and oriental. Nice new Scent from the Dsquared2 Designers Dean and Dan. Reminds me a little bit Etro - Rajasthan

Rene007
Rene007

i want this " want" just for the bottle itself:-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSQUARED² Want fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSQUARED² Want, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Want by DSQUARED². Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Want by DSQUARED² represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay