Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Exotic Essence David Yurman for women

Exotic Essence David Yurman for women
dislike

Exotic Essence David Yurman for women Pictures Exotic Essence David Yurman for women Pictures

The Essence Collection presents a perfume trio that reflects the essences of gem stone colors. These are the new perfumes: Exotic Essence, Fresh Essence and Delicate Essence.The trio awakens the emotions of three different colored gemstones - pink tourmaline, peridot (of lime green color) and citrine (golden yellow). All three compositions were developed by perfumer Harry Fremont of Firmenich, who also signed the first edition of the house.

Exotic Essence arrives in a citrine-colored bottle as a modern and sensual oriental perfume. It consists of mandarin, Casablanca lily, rose, patchouli, exotic woods, musk, peach, creamy vanilla, amber and Australian sandalwood notes.

The Essence Collection is launching in February 2011. The fragrances will be available as EDT in bottles of 100 ml as limited and exclusive editions.

Mandarin Orange Peach

Elixir

Exotic Essence Fragrance Reviews

Soofiya
Soofiya

It opens heavy and bitter sweet on my skin.a combination of sweet,lush peach and mandarin and bitterish,spicy patchouli and woods but soon it gets sweeter and a tad powdery as amber shows up and dominates woods.drydown is mostly peachy amber with a hint of powder,woods and rose
It's not my type as I don't love peachy scents or woodsy ambers,still I see it as a very good perfume.highly recommendable in this price point.exotic essence is warm,rich,refined and sophisticated and definitely erotic.it has both qualities of a balsamic oriental and a chyprefruity.I can't name it very unique or original as it reminds me couple of other fragments(including one of shakira perfumes that I can't remember it's name,also reminds me john varvatus for women),still if you like this types of scents you can't go wrong with it as it's just 30-40$ and can make a sultry night scent all year round
I agree that peach is more like baked peach here and blended with honeylike amber and powdery vanilla can be too much sweet for some people,but not for me.creamy woods and patchouli add a touch of darkness and balance some of it's sweetness.but if you find it too sweet or if you're a man and want to wear it yourself,you can layer it with something dark,something balsamic with more dirty patchouli,spices or even some labdanum,then it can make a great,sexy unisex sxent
It has nothing to do with other two essences.I don't see it much similar to original David yurman either.musky rose isn't dominant here though they both share similar warm,seductive honey-like sweetness
Longevity is about 5 hours on my skin and a lot more on clothes. Although it's pyramid may suggest a heavy scent, it's subtle and sillage never passes moderate in my case and it remains as a warm,inviting scent almost close to your skin
It's bottle is heavy and it's color fits it well.if you're into peachy ambery scents grounded by subtle patchouli and creamy woody notes,it's a must try
باتوجه به قیمتش عطر خیلی خوبیه.ترکیبی از هلوی شیرین(بیشتر مثل کمپوت هلو هست) با امبر و کمی پودر که توسط کمی پچولی(ک خشن نیست)و چوب های نرم و خامه ای احاطه شده.برخلاف دیوید یورمان اصلی،اینجا رز خیلی کم رنگ هست و مشک هم اصلا برام قابل تشخیص نیست.عطر گرم و جذاب و بالغیه و میتونه بصورت چهارفصل عطر شب باشه.شاید از نت ها برداشت شه ک با عطرسنگین و اسپایسی طرف خواهید بود اما اصلا اینجور نیست و بجز شروعش ک قوی و سنگینه،در ادامه با ترکیب لطیفی مواجهید

MEOWITSTERRA
MEOWITSTERRA

I definitely get an ambered peach with warm vanilla. It takes a little while for the rose to pull out.

It didn't really wow me until I wore it, but it's finally growing on me.

Someone said that this reminded them of Tresor, and I can totally see that, but without that sour bite!

The end part is of dry sandalwood and amber. So it does start out sweet and juicy, but finishes kind of plain.

85 ml up for swap US only <3

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

The bottle for this is gorgeous, I love the look and feel of it--nice heavy glass and ambery colored juice inside. It LOOKS better than it smells, unfortunately.
I started off with 3 sprays--it opens a bit spicy sweet and DOES smell a tad 'exotic'. Really, the opening is a stunner. Wonderful. Then in about 15 minutes it's gone. Like, nothing. Can't smell it even if I put my wrist up to my face and inhale. I didn't let this deter me---I sprayed 5 more sprays on my wrists, arms, neck, and hair. It's been 2 hours---and nothing. Totally gone.
This may work for someone else whose skin doesn't eat up scent, but on me, it's a no go. I want to smell good for more than 15 minutes at a stretch.

Suzybee
Suzybee

This is a beautiful ambery, spicy oriental. I was never a fan of Patchouli because some scents are too cloying. This fragrance is done well.

I love layering this with Madagascar Vanilla Orchid body cream. This duo is perfect for a cold crisp day or a cool evening scent. It smells expensive, too.

It's a substantial bottle weight with a heavy Yurman jewelry-esq cap, very high end.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

sniffed this in the store and was kind of intrigued. it starts off with some kind of florals and amber with some peach. dries down to a peachy amber. it feels similar to tresor, but personally i like tresor better on my skin. it's more complex on me. this is nice, but i just don't tend to wear peach scents much. it's a very nice amber though.

celebrity89
celebrity89

So pleased with my clearance, blind purchase. A great stand-in for Gucci Rush. I'm not crazy about the roped cap, just as I'm not a fan of the jewelry line.

Bellabong87
Bellabong87

Blind buy from TJ Maxx based on reviews. Beautiful bottle, I wanted to like this :(. Strong, synthetic peach and not very long lasting. Will probably end up swapping for anything...

LoveAndMagic
LoveAndMagic

This was a cheap, blind buy. The bottle is very heavy, which is nice. Initially I hated this because I could not get passed the peach. I tried it again and became distracted while doing laundry which gave the fragrance time to dry down. My child passed me and said that I smelled so good, left, and doubled back to smell me again. I gave him a puzzled look and then sniffed my skin. Well, low and behold, this screechy peach died down to a warm, honey infused baked peach softened by the amber, reminiscent of bubbling cobbler straight from the oven. Oh, you know that smell! Think back to walking into a house where one has been made and how your mouth watered, but the house itself became more inviting and welcoming. I suddenly found myself happy doing my laundry, making exaggerated arm movements just so I could keep smelling this. DY you have a new love and procured a spot on the shelf.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I received a purse spray of this as an extra in a wonderful swap. At first sniff I thought it was really nice and I put a full bottle on my want list. I thought it was "my kind" of summer balsamic oriental. I love the individual notes It's resinous and gently sweet a bit woody but not too warm. Sort of like a summer sunset. I went back to it a few months later and it's not as appealing as it was. It's still pleasant enough but the journey is, well just meh. So while all the other notes place nicely there is this "thing" that kinda hangs around throughout that I'm not liking. I'm realizing that peach in oriental and chypre fragrances don't like me. It's sort of like cooked peaches, don't like them either. Not sure why that is because I like fresh peach in citruses and fruity florals.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I have a bit over a half a bottle for swap.
PM me if interested.

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

This. Is. GREAT!
Very special, resinous and deep.
This sticks to me like glue - all day 12+ hours.
Not too sweet but woody and dry, amber soaked desert air.
Sits closer to the skin after 4-5 hours, doesn't leave too heavy of a trail, but it's enough to get you noticed.
This one got me a few compliments.
I really enjoy it on warm days because at night when the weather cools, this one refreshes itself and begins to smell new again.
Really an A+ job on this.
Surprised this didn't make it BIG!

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

برند دیوید یورمن برای من بسیار قابل احترام و ارزشمنده
این دومین عطری هست که از این برند تست میکنم و باید عرض کنم که بیشتر از قبل من رو به خودش علاقه مند کرد

شروع این عطر رو بوی ضعیف گل رز که حالتی لطیف و گل گونی رو به عطر هدیه میده ، همراه عنبر که بوش متعادل هست و در نهایت رایحه هلو ، نت آغازین عطر رو میسازند
در این لحظه شما بویی نیمه شیرین و لطیف و کمی پودری رو تجربه خواهید کرد

رفته رفته عطر حالت پودری بیشتری رو خواهد داشت و وانیل عطر رو کمی شیرین تر میکنه
اگر خیلی دقیق عطر رو بوی کنید متوجه رایحه خفیف پچولی خواهید شد که اون پشت هر کاری میکنه نمیتونه در مقابل این همه روایح شیرین خودی نشون بده ولی حداقل عطر رو چهار فصل میکنه
بعد از چند دقیقه هم نت های چوبی به این روایح شیرین اضافه میشند

حدود 50 دقیقه دیگه کم کم یه روایح شادابی رو متوجه میشید که عطر رو از حالت یکنواختی در میاره و بوی گل رز مشخص تر از اوایل عطر میشه بعد از این دیگه عطر فرق چندانی نمیکنه
و رفته رفته شیرینی عطر کمتر و رایحه متعادلی رو احساس خواهید کرد

اگه عطر شیرین دوست دارید به پیشنهاد میکنم این عطر رو تست کنید . شاید این عطر رویاهاتون باشه

استایل عطر نیمه رسمی و مناسب خانوم های بالغ و بالای 26 سال

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

This is very pretty. Upon first spray, I get a heavy, resinous amber and ripe peach. I was worried it would be overwhelming, but it quickly tones down and becomes very soft. This isn't powdery on me at all.

Longevity is about 4-6 hours on skin and clothes and projection is soft, verging on skin scent, but I actually like that. Because of its softness, it might be extra nice in warmer weather - like the image of an exotic beach beauty. We shall see.

francie79
francie79

I bought this blind for a great price on ebay and I'm very pleased with it. It's a very warm amber scent that is softer but still has good longevity. Perfect for a cold, winter day and I have been reaching for it alot. An unexpected treasure in my book!
*edit* I gave this to my mom for the peach note in this got really nasty on my skin and smelled really off. Too bad for I love the amber in it.

shyannprice36
shyannprice36

I have been stuck in a Tom Ford world for years and was looking for something a little different, and until I found David Yurman's Exotic Essence, nothing struck me as my signature fragrance until I found Exotic Essence. The variation of notes as they layer on my skin are outstandingly perfect for my skin notes. I am extremely pleased with my purchase, and Tom Ford's Private Collection will be taking a back seat to Yurman's EE for quite a length of time, to be sure! This will be one fragrance I'll be using every single drop of, that's a certainty. Thank you for creating a fragrance that has longevity on my skin and one that goes so very well with my body chemistry! Now to get the lotion and shower wash, if I can find them...or if they even exist? Fantastic job, David Yurman, and thank you for getting me out of the Tom Ford box that I've been stick in for several years!

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

The first time I ever smelled this, I thought to myself, "I must have this in a full bottle!" After another try several months later, though, I realize that I am not nearly as fond of Exotic Essence as I thought. It's pleasant, certainly... The peach and sandalwood make for a warming combo. This scent is unlikely to offend anyone, and is probably safe for anyone looking for something to wear to work. I think that's probably what my problem with Exotic Essence is now. It's nice, but smells kind of generic and boring. As @raw umber said below, I, too, am just not sure I can bring myself to love the peach, even though I normally enjoy this note. EE almost seems a little split-personality, with a playful fruity side making an appearance, then a serious floral side, then a sensual sandalwood side... The result is that it doesn't speak to any mood in particular, at least for me.

raw umber
raw umber

I honestly can't say whether I love or hate this one. It is somehow both light and heady, a buttery ambery patch with a mix of woods in the background, and featuring an unabashed punch of peach.

The thing I'm not sure about is the peach. Perhaps it's because this scent was not intended to be worn in June, but it wears lightly so I don't think that's it. I think it's that the fruity syrup causes the ebony woods to become too rich? It's an odd juxtaposition, calling to mind the bizarre Moonflower by Thymes, and I don't feel that it is similar to Jimmy Choo, to Fendi OR to Addict. I'm not sure about Tresor. I just know that I need to give this one a lot more time and will update when I draw some more definitive conclusions.

Spicy woody peachy patch, doused in amber and set alight.

Update: I hate it. Smells like neutered patchouli mixed with peach body lotion, pencil shavings, and dusted liberally with white pepper. Ugh.

mariyka
mariyka

Here it is...another gray day. Rain (sometimes snow) in March! I'm reachin for an amber scent to warm me ;)

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I agree with dbrii24 - this is much sweeter than I had anticipated, too.

The opening is a honeyed peach, a touch syrupy, but not overwhelmingly so.

After a few minutes there is a slight spiciness and the warmth of the sandalwood starts to come through. I love sandalwood, and it is pitch perfect in this perfume. I can detect a small hint of rose in the background, probably since my skin amplifies rose notes. After a little more time I can sense the vanilla, and a teeny bit of musk.

For those looking for a comparision to other fragrances out there, this reminded me a lot of Hilary Duff's With Love, minus the mangosteen note. I actually appreciate that. Exotic Essence substituted the peach, and I think the peach blends much better. The woods are a bit different, too, since EE has sandalwood and With Love has cocobolo wood, which I imagine is supposed to fit with the kind of tropical feel of the perfume. Still, they smell a lot alike. I think this is also kind of similar to Ellen Tracy by Ellen Tracy but less musky and a little warmer and sweeter. The sandalwood is also more toned down here than in ET.

I think Exotic Essence is a nice fragrance for the fall. I also really like the simple but substantial bottle. I got it for $30 at TJ Maxx, so it can be found for a relatively low price. Thumbs up :)

Edit: I have to add one more thing - I bought this perfume partly because of the review by sherapop that notes a similarity between exotic essence and Dior addict. I found absolutely no similarities between the two whatsoever. Granted, perfumes can vary greatly from one person to another, but I would not suggest buying it in the hopes that it will smell like Addict. I adore the drydown of addict but can't stand the top notes so I am still in search of a perfume that resembles Addict. As nice as Exotic Essence is, it isn't it.

weegee
weegee

Excited & delighted to find a 100ml bottle on clearance for $20.00 USD, I tried it on in the car right after purchasing. Very nice ambery floral but... LESS than an hour later I realized it had completely disappeared on my skin, and I do mean COMPLETELY as not a trace remained. I circled back to the store for a refund - the bottle never even made it to the house. Haven't had such an epic fail since Ellen Tracy's Fashionista...

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

On my skin, David Yurman Exotic Essence smells very reminiscent of a lighter version of the original Jimmy Choo. There's something there that smells slightly 'greener' about this one, though I'm not sure what note that would be. It's quite sweet in the beginning, but as Exotic Essence dries down, it takes on a bright, nicely blended 'fruit-chouli' smell. I like it.

David Yurman's Exotic Essence was a nice, little surprise. I expected something quite fruity, and although this fragrance does feature a rather dominant peach accord, it's warm and spicy too.

Peach, amber, sandalwood and patchouli are the most dominant notes on my skin. To my nose it's like a less potent version of Badgley Mischka. I rather like Exotic Essence, and I think it may be my favourite from this Essence series.

Seeing that this fragrance is quite rich, I probably wouldn't want to wear it on a hot day. Autumn appears to be the best season for such a scent.

The vanilla note is smooth and subtle in the drydown, providing only the slightest hint of sweetness. It's a quality scent, that's one thing for sure. I also find it much more pleasant than the original David Yurman for Women.

Exotic Essence has the strongest projection out of the three in the Essence series, and excellent longevity too. I wouldn't mind purchasing the Essence rollerball set, so I would have the opportunity to own all three of these delightful fragrances.

Jerine123
Jerine123

Very nice fragrance. Warm amber galore and less spice. Very nice fall fragrance but unfortunately it does not have great staying power. Just has the typical 3-5 hour. Not heavy, not super lasting but still a treat and very nice for fall.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

If you like amber fragrances, this is one of the better ones that I've tried.

Ohhhhh La La! LOVE this on my skin - it has medium to light silage, but it has tremendously great endurance! This lasts for hours and is a great blend with my individual chemistry! Love this one!

-------------

This seems to be the more base note expression of the original David Yurman perfume - minus the top note that seems to sometimes go to HIGH with my chemistry.

I like this version, it is a bit more refined and they have taken the edge off, by lowering the chord range and by omitting the high note that I detect very strongly in the original David Yurman fragrance (with my individual chemistry).

This David Yurman Essence brings to mind classic scents such as Georgio, but this seems more well thought out and a bit more grounded and elegant.

I'm liking this so far. It is definitely in an alto register, which appears to be the range that I receive the most compliments on by both men and women.

This smells like the lower register of Giorgio Beverly Hills. This is sweet, refined, elegant, and upper class. It smells like you have the best and most expensive ingredients in this. It is very sweet, but still hits the lower register... more alto range. There are no screeching high note soprano or piccolo parts! I like it!

This could be a signature scent for more business days. You could wear another David Yurman fragrance with this as your lighter, more up-beat fragrance -- and this could be your "business scent" - the lower, more grounding scent.

------------

An hour into wear, the amber is taking on a leading role now. I liked it better upon the first spraying. The amber is a bit too loud for my taste... but I will have to see how this wears a bit longer.

------------

The Hot Water Test - this fragrance is a STAR! Wow... the broth the this fragrance creates with my chemistry is pretty spectacular! This will definitely be one to explore further.

------------

Jacuzzi after the gym, this stuff is still on... and smelling so GooooooOOOD! Love the endurance and longevity of this fragrance, that is definitely economical and a great value!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Exotic Essence wears like a big, bold 80's perfume in that it wears you, not the other way around. It's very heavy on the spice, and I could not detect peach at all which was a dissappointment to me, and the reason I ordered a sample in the first place. I could only recommend this perfume if you live in a cold climate and had to be outside shoveling snow for I think it would suffocate you if worn inside with a heater on.

dbrii24
dbrii24

This was a lot sweeter than I initially expected. Exotic Essence is billed as an oriental, so I expected more spice and woods. I didn't get it at all. Instead I picked up a very sweet, almost gourmand aroma. The mixture of vanilla and sandalwood is very noticeable. In fact, from start to finish there is no transition...exotic Essence remains the same. The scent is favorable but there is no originality at all within the composition.

I was trying to recall what the opening wafts of David Yurman EXOTIC ESSENCE were reminding me of, and then I realized: Dior ADDICT plus about a hundred other sandalwood-vanilla perfumes! This one is quite a bit less spicy and more fruity than most fragrances of this type, with a notable peach facet.

The musk seems to be contributing a creaminess to the drydown. There is a yellow quality to EXOTIC ESSENCE which reminds me of both Karl Lagerfield KAPSULE FLORIENTAL and Jil Sanders STYLE PASTELS SOFT YELLOW. Actually, the concept of the trio is the same for these three as well, as a matter of fact.

EXOTIC ESSENCE smells quite nice and does stand out from the crowd for its peach quality, although the sandalwood and vanilla seem dominant to my nose. I would definitely say that this perfume is more fruity than floral, but without being overly sweet. A gentle, creamy, peachy floriental.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I just tried this and I like it. A bit sweet for my taste but okay for the grey days of winter and fall.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Love the scent of this. It's really warm and strong in amber at first spritz, honey-like in a way. I definitely smell a touch of peach and flowers as the scent dries down, and with a bit of time it becomes sweet in a natural, sun-ripened fruit kind of way. It does smell exotic, but it's not heavy. It's somewhat reminiscent of Tresor, but this works much, much better on my skin. I can't wear Tresor, and I think it might be because the patchouli is way too strong for me. Not so with Yurman's Exotic Essence. This is a nice autumn perfume if you want to feel cozy but not stuffy. It's a must-try for those who love amber but who don't want to feel overheated by those spicy Opium-like perfumes with all the clove and cinnamon.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about David Yurman Exotic Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about David Yurman Exotic Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Exotic Essence by David Yurman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Exotic Essence by David Yurman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.