Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

Horizon Davidoff for men

Horizon Davidoff for men
dislike

Horizon Davidoff for men Pictures Horizon Davidoff for men Pictures Horizon Davidoff for men Pictures Horizon Davidoff for men Pictures Horizon Davidoff for men Pictures

In February 2016, Davidoff launches its new masculine fragrance, Horizon, which symbolizes the connection between earth and air and draws inspiration from the forces of nature. The element of water that marked the iconic Cool Water is replaced with the element of air in the new release. Horizon represents freedom, adventure and exploration.

"Here he is, far from the beaten track. Before him mountains stretch out in an endless landscape that touches the sky. The breeze is strong, crisply scented with rosemary, leather, vetiver. He looks ahead, fixes a point in the distance. Swift and free as an eagle he climbs from rock to rock...He breathes deeply, stretches his arms to the wind, turns his face to the sun. From this quiet pause between earth and sky a powerful feeling of freedom grows. He's where he wants to be. Master of all he surveys."

The composition is made of woody, spicy and aromatic aromas. It is signed by perfumers Olivier Pescheux and Jacques Huclier. The fresh start combines pungent grapefruit and sweet mandarin with aromatic rosemary and fresh ginger. Cedar wood and spicy nutmeg are in the heart of the perfume, along with patchouli, black sesame seeds and South American pepper. Depth and sensuality is provides by the base made of vetiver and cocoa absolute.

The campaign, featuring Italian model Simone Bredariol, was allegedly shot “amidst real sandstorms, extreme heat and tough terrain”. The TV ad is filmed by director Arnaud Uyttenhove, and it follows the journey of the Horizon man as he climbs the mountain. The print ad, shot by photographer John Balsom, captures his arrival at his destination: “It’s one moment in a story. The story of a man achieving his own goals, reaching his own top, searching his own horizons.”

The bottle is designed by Alnoor, described as “an object one wants to take in one's hand”. It is inspired by the shapes from nature, stones polished by sands of time, balances with curves in clear glass to reveal the warm amber color of the fragrance. The distinctive metal cap features mini-mechanics that protect the spray from being pushed on the move.

It is available as a 40, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette with an accompanying cosmetic line.

Grapefruit Rosemary Mandarin Orange Ginger

Patchouli Cedar Nutmeg Pepper Sesame

Vetiver Cacao Pod

Horizon Extreme

Horizon Fragrance Reviews

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

Nothing but love for this one , a friend of mine that works at red square where they sell fragrances was so eager and forcing me to try this stuff , while at the shop I was wearing angel men and I told him not to spray this on me coz I don't like mixing smells on me . Then I sprayed like two shots at my friends arms and wow wow few mins later this juice was nothing but magnificent smell and projection , most men David off fragrances that I know don't set a standard like this one, and I was so amazed with this one. Guess what ? Later after his shift he brought me a tester full bottle for free and my day went from 0-100% best day ever and I must say I'm happy to own a bottle great JOB!!

spumyland
spumyland

Ho provato questo perche incuriosito dall'odore di sesamo che amo in cucina.
sono deluso, al mio naso nemmeno l'ombra.
Per il resto dopobarba proletario, tonico, piccante,inoffensivo, frainteso con altre 2000 colonie.
Pero'....

Ok,...il prezzo e' giusto.

Non per me,gradito ai miei colleghi.

tattoo_ladyk
tattoo_ladyk

Accidentally sprayed this on my wrists (only glanced at the flanker and thought it was a woman's perfume - enough said for the bottle then). I liked it immediately, even for me. A nice production by Davidoff, warm, inviting, like having my husband put his coat around my shoulders on a chilly night, masculine but just as much, powerful but just as much, you get the idea. It is captivating, but soft, with good longevity and a nice, round combination of the notes, which gives it its character.

Bottledbull

Fantastic release from davidoff. .especially after that awful 'the game' release ..citrus and woods, nice and fruity ..very clean and great opening that very few will dislike, will make a fab summer fragrance and so far I get decent performance with a solid 2hrs of projection ..the bottle is very classy also. I agree with a previous reviewer, it is like a variation of chanel bleu but brighter, hardly smell any cocoa or patchouli ..to me it's like a good quality Italian style cologne.

Endymion
Endymion

@alabangcute
yes, the drydown is very similar to terre d'hermés yet it's very week, doesn't worth it at all.

and it has no similarities with guerlain's l'instant pour homme. not at all!

keen(nose)
keen(nose)

I got a sample of this with some shower gel to layer the fragrance. It is a lovely smell that is very subtle. This lovely scent is too weak in my opinion even though I got complimented when in my zone. I get citrus, ginger and pepper with the vetiver giving it a clean fresh scent. The citrus hangs around to the end with the giger. The pepper note is the most distinc note on here. I say this one is a pass for me because it doesn't have any wow factor. That being said it is a good casual fragrance that I think the price will go down on. I don't like the mediocracy with the house of Davidoff in the designer fragrances.

Projection 3/10
Longevity 6/10 (3-6 Hrs)
Sillage 2/10

@alabangcute:
I dont think so at all, but the drydown is similar to Guerlain l'Instant, with the cocoa.

alabangcute
alabangcute

does it really smell like terre de hermes? even the saleslady said so at duty free mall. lol.

rmf1112

Shocked at how short lived this is. Seriously less than 10 min and its gone. The sprayer doesnt even smell like anything! It is hard to get a good whiff, but there is a little bit of ginger in there, but the dry kind, not fresh. And dont let anyone convince you that any part if this is strong or overpowering, as I have seen relating to the ginger in this.

Can we expect this year's horizon extreme to be an actual fragrance, not just the fleeting glimpse of one like this is?

afterdark
afterdark

People very often associate fragrances through the color of the bottle and the juice. I dont get the Terre d'Hermes comparison. TdH has something dry, warm and earthy that i dont like while Horizon is a fresh scent with hints of earthiness which makes it a very good fragrance for close to all seasons. Its fresh, airy, citrucy and at the same time earthy and classy. A pretty balanced composition.

Shawnnick
Shawnnick

To my nose a lot of vetiver and grapefruit.shocked by how much i like this!Getting pretty good projection and longevity,not mindblowingly so but its there and im enjoying it.Feels mature and clean

Wizology
Wizology

(tested on wrist)

Saw Davidoff Horizon at Clicks today and thought I'd give it a whirl. I was very impressed. Don't get me wrong - it's by no means unique or extraordinary - but it's complex enough to get one's attention.

If I have any misgivings, it would be that this lovely, fresh spicy and rich aromatic scent only lingers for 4 hours before it starts to fade. Thereafter it sits very close to the skin and one has to sniff deeply to pick up the trail.

The notes that stand out for me are Grapefruit, Ginger and Rosemary with the Vetiver adding that earthy edge.

I speak under correction - but I think it reminds me a little of Azzaro Pour Homme.

[email protected]
aavvtomjerry@gmail.com

It's my mistake to buy this with too short time in shop. It is 95% similar to the perfume I already have, John Richmond for men. After 10 minutes, it is the same for my feeling. It is not bad but why I have to buy the same perfume 2 bottles. Very strong ginger note even overnight.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Reassuring.

Reassuringly clean, fresh and green. Silage is moderate to average; not overpowering, but with a couple of sprays on one area of my arm, I could easily smell this pleasant aroma.

This latest offering from Davidoff may possibly appeal more to the guy over 35 whose looking for something fresh and conservative to wear to work in the office.

Traditional (with a small 'T'), sensible and pleasant, Horizon is the kind of middle aged scent for men that will appeal to many, a bit like a popular model of car may do for example.

Horizon is likely to make for a good 'safe' gift-type of scent for any males in your life who could benefit from adding a scent to their daily grooming regimen, but whose tastes are limited and conservative (no pejorative inference meant by the way).

Shahram.yari
Shahram.yari

Statements are so contradictory about it's projection and durance .is there anybody to explain it and help me.

MoonB
MoonB

Hi everyone,
The first burst I was like: Terre d'hermes, then it changed into a fresh woody mossy vibe, but you can still detect the mandarin, in the background, I like it, it's not boring like the many other new releases. Thumbs up
EDIT: As someone already mentioned, the drydown is very similar to Terre d'hermes.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Coty,

I never would of thought of this being a Davidoff fragrance. All considering, I'm impressed with this juice. Not your typical generic drug store fragrance, it takes on a real attractive spicy/woodsy aroma and continues through. After 10min I'm able to pick up both ginger and rosemary giving it a slightly herbal vib. There's just a hint of grapefruit to balance the spicy/woodsy notes.
Longevity and Silage is nice...at least 6hrs.
Finally,
I'm glad to see that once in awhile a few decent quality fragrance are still being produced at an affordable price...this is definitely one of them.....8/10
Edit;
I agree withthe review above, Terre D' Hermas is all the note I'm able to pick up. For a very low price, how could you go wrong. Very attractive fragrance at a VERY affordable price.

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

Horizon is a subtle scent but a very good one IMHO.

Has a beautiful earthiness to it which develops about a half hour after application.

Horizon stays close to the wearer but people will pick it up when they are near you. A couple ladies in work have asked me what it was stating they haven't smelled anything quite like it (they took a note of the name and brand so obviously thinking would be good for their hubbie/boyfriend).

Would say this would be great in milder weather such as spring/fall.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

Holy crap! To my fellow Canuck members, if you head over to your local Shoppers Drug Mart, you may just be able to snag yourself a 75ml bottle of this for $19.99 - like I just did:) I get the grapefruit and ginger right away. So far, so good. Will have to see how it goes from here.

Edit: So, a little while after application, the cedar and pepper start to come through. Then, the cacao joins in, and it turns slightly powdery. It transitions from opening to dry down fairly quickly to me, and sadly, there is no trace of it within a couple of hours. Such a shame, because I really like this. It's definitely worth the 20 bucks I paid for it, but I wouldn't pay more than that, given the poor longevity.

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

Wow... Do I smell a fresher version of Zino by Davidoff? It smells prett damn good!

This is an extremely decent and respectable new fragrance from Davidoff. The opening is ginger, grapefruit and that fresh/woody then clean and soapy accord of something more boring or that I would usually label as very mediocre designer business. However, the redeeming characteristics of Horizon are the warmer & dirtier elements in the base. There's patchouli and even a hint of cacao which you'd think has no business being in here but it is and makes for a subtly different dry down. You can't fault this fragrance for maintaining that fresh spicy feel throughout and an almost uplifting menthol type feel to the ginger and spice. I thoroughly enjoyed wearing it the other day.
The performance was okay on me but it dies down to a very nice but close dry down which again I can't fault for not being a powerhouse.
All in all this is well worth checking out. It didn't blow me away but it's nice to see a new release that is masculine, wearable and with an aspect of interest to it.

Fishcan
Fishcan

I tried this for the first time today as I was given a tester sample and the initial smell is nice and fresh and I thought this could be my next purchase. However, after an hour or so it smells exactly like Mont Blanc Exceptionel to my nose. Now this is no bad thing as it is one of my favourite fragrances but it is too similar for me so I don't think I'll be buying this at the moment. Lovely though.

Rerik
Rerik

When I saw Horizon I was immediately reminded of Event Horizon, the science fiction horror movie.
My first imagination was, did they take the movie as inspiration?
Something futuristic, mysterious, exceptional.
The answer is no.
Davidoff Horizon does nothing have to do with science fiction, it´s even old school.

Yes, Horizon smells very much like the Powerhouse era.
Horizon smells masculine, mossy.
Davidoff recognized that the fashion trend is moving back to old school. And so the fragrances do.
Welcome back to old school.

David Mellard
David Mellard

A few days ago I just happened to be passing through a London department store as it was my day off and as I usually work within the fragrance sector I know that its around this time of year when there are new fragrance launches and promotions. one of the fragrance consultants stopped me and asked if I wanted to sample the new fragrance by Davidoff. but what struck me was the name Horizon and I couldn't help thinking that I have heard that name before and it suddenly dawned on me that I had had a fragrance in the early 90s with the same sounding name by the French and late fashion house of Guy Loroche called also Horizon, it was a really fascinating scent, but I wouldn't define it as the best fragrance but however it was surely intriguing, a cult scent ahead of its time and for me making a creative use and statement of both green fougere structure and fruit-floral-aquatic accords. that what I get here. in fact I think basically the new Davidoff fragrance is a new takeoff a new reformulated interpretation of the Guy Loroche men's fragrance of that era. if so there isn't really much difference and much smell to the make or description but overall is isn't anything new. the Guy Loroche was launched back in (1993). basically it is the same fragrance slightly tweaked to come into line with the (21st) century as like a lot of these cult fragrances I used back in the early to late (90s) such as (Jil Sander) (Yohji Yamamotto) and (Cacharel) and (Helmut Lang). they all seem to be coming back. it maybe because of the overwhelming response from fragrance lover or it could be that the fashion houses of that era has revived themselves and that there is call to R-launch those iconic fragrance lines!

Freedomlover
Freedomlover

Citrus mandarin and ginger Dam. I need. To try. This is it anything like yves saint laurent M7 fresh? ???????????

bronstein
bronstein

Interesting, yet a bit weak. This one accomplishes to use vetiver as a base without smelling too much of it, which makes it an intreresting mix with many things to discover. Furthermore, its lightness makes this one suitable for the oncoming warm months. All in all, a decent performance.

***

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This is a stunning new fragrance. The ginger and rosemary on first spritz is quite warming and I detect a citrusy note that makes it fresh too. The woodsy notes after around 10 minutes are very nice. I can clearly smell cedar and vetiver. The blend of notes in this fragrance are very good and very pleasing. I have had very nice comments on wearing this fragrance. The dry down is amazing and I'm loving the black cocoa scent it lingers around for quite a while. Lasts quite a while on my skin and I'm getting wafts all day long after 4 sprays. I'm very happy with Horizon. A good solid 8/10

fraenky
fraenky

this is really nice!

no one see the similarity to bleu? i love bleu and horizon seems to be a more fruitier, not so bitter version of it.

I really liked the opening and horizons heart notes, i was blown away by this parts, but than all of a sudden, after an hour or so, the scent seems to fall apart and becomes a vetiver without soul, i have to give it another few tries, because my skin is really dry and tends to render scents, with large fluctuations, depending what i have eaten, climate etc. and i have tested horizon right after i have taken a shower, a circumstance where my skin is super dry, like the lable :D

greats fragrance frank

follow me on instagram #fragrancefrank ;)

skeuri
skeuri

Just started wet-shaving again after a couple of years and was looking for some aftershave balm. Bought Davidoff Horizon on a whim but loved the balm so much I bought the EdT the next day.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to fragrances. Most smell similar to me and usually contain some note which irritates me after a short time.

Not with Horizon! I absolutely love this fragrance and even re-apply (which is quite unusual for me).

I'm not good at describing smells but the reminds me of pineforest and some citrus even after the dry-down. It's warm and woody enough for cold days but fresh enough for a warm day as well. Sillage and longevity are moderate on me. I don't feel the need to re-apply until well after noon.

I've never had signature fragrance until now!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I am absolutely speechless at how good this is, for anyone that was a fan of Guerlain's Coriolan back in the 90's this is incredibly similar, closer then L'Instant, as has been mentioned before. Great job Davidoff, best fragrance from that house for a long long time. This is excellent.

Hugo Montez
Hugo Montez

I smelled today and i liked it. I get a blast of patchouli, orange, pepper and some cacao and vetiver nuances. These last 2 not very present. It's something that it's not unique but it's a good fragrance for Davidoff.

EDIT: Forget the Patchouli. I tried again today and what i got was a strong vetiver with the fresh grapefruit and some pepper and sweet cacao on the background. Very nice scent.

groover
groover

I am still wondering what to write
about this fragrance, i get a lot of
pepper and ginger most of the time,
but the other notes blend in and disappers
just like that, honestly it reminds me of
Terre d'Hermes at least in the drydown.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

YOU MIGHT GET TIRED OF WAITING
_______________________________________________________

Yesterday I had the opportunity to try 'HORIZON' by Davidoff. All I could perceive was a fresh scent, very clear but also very faint. Because I tries a different fragrance a few second earlier, I could barely sense anything about it.

24 hours later, I can't let the strip from the fragrance-store alone. The pepper spices up the warm mix of cocoa and cedar. It smells quite good, very pleasant and neat.

Like other users before me have stated, it smells somehow familiar, but unfortunately, I can't put my finder on it... Maybe other users can hint me in the right direction. But one might get tired of waiting to get to the 'good stuff'

Longetivity: - 5/10
Sillage: - 3/10

All in all: 4 out of 10 points

alexandra13
alexandra13

Very very nice indeed. Sprayed it on the paper strip with my hubby in mind and decided on the spot to get it for him. Very masculine, fresh, woody, charming. I also have high hopes for the longevity; it stayed on the strip for the entire week I had it lying around, until I threw it out. Must get on next salary (to hubby: "You shall wear this and you shall like it.")

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

It is already available in Portugal and of course I tryed it right away.

I know I smelled something similar before but I cannot remember what it was. But it is a nice citrus fragrance, there is a point where it becomes a little similar to L'instant de Guerlain.

I can detect a little bit of cacao on it but nothing too big.

It is a nice fragrance anyway :)

shirazia
shirazia

Wow...... Sounds Exciting.... Some Fresh Release.... So Bored Of Flankers... Waiting To Sniff...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Horizon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Davidoff Horizon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Horizon by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Horizon by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.