Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men

The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men
dislike

The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Brilliant Game Davidoff for men Pictures

Davidoff launches The Game in 2012, inspired by gambling games with the design of the bottle reminiscent of poker chips. The Game Intense was launched a year after the original. In the winter of 2014, the collection is joined by a new member in the form of the new fragrance The Brilliant Game.

The Brilliant Game is announced as hot and addictive scent of a charismatic man. The composition is oriental - woody. It opens with fresh accord of Americano cocktail (which is made of Campari, Vermouth and soda water), which leads to the woody heart of cedar and the warm base of tonka bean.

The bottle is decorated with gold details and highlights. The fragrance is available as of November 2014 as 40, 60 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Huclier.

Campari Vermouth Red Berries Bitter Orange Lemon Clary Sage

Cedar Orange Blossom

Tonka Bean Hay Coumarin Caramel

Polo Red
1 Million
Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time
Gold Rush Man

The Brilliant Game Fragrance Reviews

I am not very familiar with the masculine range from Davidoff other than the classic Cool Water for Men. I really didn't expect The Brilliant Game to be as good as it was. My partner and I really enjoyed testing it, and I plan to purchase a bottle for him in the near future.

The Brilliant Game is a sweet masculine, along the same lines as 1 Million by Paco Rabanne and Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf. It borders on a masculine gourmand with notes of caramel, tonka bean, red berries and Campari. On my partner's skin I find it very enticing and sexy.

This fragrance packs quite a punch in terms of sillage. For this reason I would recommend The Brilliant Game as a cold weather or an evening scent. If you are a young single man, The Brilliant Game could also be worn to clubs and bars.

I never tested the original The Game, so I unfortunately cannot compare the two. I will be revisiting the Davidoff brand however, seeing that this flanker has caught my attention.

I am surprised that this fragrance is not a particularly popular sell. If this was branded by Gucci or Chanel I am certain it would sell like hotcakes.

mkpunk
mkpunk

Davidoff The Brilliant Game is a fragrance that I feel mixes a flanker and its original and another scent. To me The Brilliant Game is similar to the original Ralph Lauren Polo Red and also its flanker Polo Red Intense, but it is expanded upon with a boozy aspect from Joop Homme Wild. The open isn’t red velvet like Polo Red but rather boozy. It is a slight kinda fruity booze similar to Joop Homme Wild, but it isn’t Malibu. Instead is a sweet campari and the wine-like vermoth upon initial smell. As the scent comes along the berries mix with the caramel to create a somewhat red velvet accord like Polo Red, but it is much milder and goes to caramel faster. The true mid notes are almost non-existent. The caramel gives way to tonka and coumarin as it dries down entirely.

The Brilliant Game is not 1 Million, nor is it Playboy Play It Wild. I owned those fragrances too and honestly, I fail to see the comparison. Play It Wild is basically Axe taking Dark and Gold Temptation and combining them in an eau de cologne (despite being an eau de toilette.) 1 Million is a beast headed up by citruses and beats you over the head with cinnamon and leather. This has a slight bitter orange similar to say Azzaro Chrome (though not as metallic and strong) BUT it has no cinnamon and leather whatsoever.

The Brilliant Game is a fall into even spring night scent. It isn’t a work scent due to the slight booziness. It isn’t a club scent, it is a little too light if you want to drown out other scents due to sillage (see the 1 Million comparison). The Brilliant Game instead is a six hour long lasting moderate sillage for an hour/hour and a half scent that works for small parties, dates and “daring” situations.

While I do like The Brilliant Game, I honestly think it is a little bit too limited in use. It is a nighttime use boozy Polo Red but at the same time, it is what I wanted Joop Homme Wild to be rather than just sweet booze. To me the scent is not strong enough and a little bit weak to my nose. That said, like Polo Red, it has a bit red velvet in it. For these reasons, I give The Brilliant Game a 7.8 out of 10.

periquito89
periquito89

Sweet but more on the dark side. Reminds quite a bit Zegna Forte.

the_badger
the_badger

Very similar to YSL's l'homme parfum intense. Sweet, fruity but not powdery and just like the YSL, does not last at all. It also smells a bit cheaper and kind of has that 1 million vibe that is absolutely a dealbreaker for me, otherwise a very usable fragrance.

groover
groover

Having the game and the intense version
i just had to buy this, and i don't regret it,
nice sweet and a bit spicy smelling fragrance
that is very appealing to me and i bet a lot of
others too, you cant go wrong with this one
as the price is quite ok..

sajaljain17
sajaljain17

To start with, I Love this fragrance. The sweet and fruity kick it has is amazing. The bottle looks good too, just like poker chips.I usually wear this in evening/night. The only negative thing about this one is its lasting.It lasts hardly few hours. Blind buy it IF you love fruity fragrances.

دوستانی که تو ایران این ادکلن میخان به سایتمون مراجعه

کنند////////////////////

raiza1990
raiza1990

Quiet and magnetic: this is what this fragrance is. Really very nice.
I get mostly Campari and Cedar, but i think i can also smell orange blossom and vermouth, with a bit of what i think are the tonka beans. No berries for me. Overall really sweet, but not overbearing. i can´t smell anything bitter on this one and i like it that way.I think this is sexy and quite unisex, i would happily wear this.
Cons are bad longevity and bad sillage.
This reminds me o Wild Elixir by Shakira, because of the juicy, woody smell.
Note:7/10

dilshan.waheed
dilshan.waheed

Just bought and smells quite strong but gives the typically MAN scent. Loving it for a hot summer.

lumia620
lumia620

naa its too sweet to handle..longevity is poor sileage too
4/10 ( only for sweetness)

nonsisa
nonsisa

Davidoff the brilliant game enters the realm of potion and man in black.

It is a mixture between gourmand and woody though its not really balanced. The tonka note is quite dominant and underlined by caramel and cedar.

If you're not really into gourmands but like to find something that is on the edge this one might be for you.

Bearable caramel with a hint of alcoholics.

What a brilliant game.

jeglmg2003
jeglmg2003

Personally like this juice, nose behind alot of the A*Men juices. Kinda has a Joop Pour Homme feel to it, with a little tonka note.

iconoclast
iconoclast

After having hit the nail right on the head for the reek of 'old money' with the magnificent but vanishingly rare original Davidoff for Men, Davidoff has a tilt at the whiff of 'new money' with this. Pretty impressive actually with decent sillage and longevity for day and night wear, this is like Cerruti 1881 Black on steroids and so is well prepared for the titanic battle with PR One Million for the command of dance floors around the country. I like it and the bottle too, but cringe at the affected James Bond-styled suave advertising that goes with this series that almost seems to be aimed at dreamy spotty teenagers. Nonetheless, this is recommended.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Tried it today.

Actually not a bad fragrance, I prefer this to the original and the intense version. Unfortunatly, and many of you will say the same, it smells a little bit like Ralph Lauren Polo Red. It would be a great substitute for it if you like it.

But not a bad fragrance though :)

AndiJ10
AndiJ10

I can only say i like it ! It smelled like fruity-caramelic which makes this fragrance sweet and after a few it's added a taste of alcohol by campari...well blended

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

1 Million, is it you ?
;-)

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

The same guy that did the super lame Gucci Guilty but also did some of the Mugler's. I would sample it for sure but won't pursue sampling it. That even if it hits the U.S. market!

RobbieX
RobbieX

If it's bitter - I doubt I would like it....Let's see

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff The Brilliant Game fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Davidoff The Brilliant Game, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Brilliant Game by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Brilliant Game by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay