Designers » D E » Chypre « Groups

Aeroplane Detaille for men

Aeroplane Detaille for men
dislike

Aeroplane is a fresh citrus chypre fragrance for men, featuring touches of lemon, bergamot and petit grain, aromatic notes of basil and mint, settled on an elegant background of patchouli and oak moss.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

Petitgrain Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Basil Mint

Patchouli oak moss

Untitled L`Eau

Aeroplane Fragrance Reviews

Got my girlfriend to test my note knowledge with this one and I impressed her when she picked it out of a bag of samples I was yet to try. To be fair this was a really easy test as the scent was pretty clear to me.
I really enjoy the yesty opening right away I identified the juicy sharp bergamot and then petitgrain. The base is a slightly herbal mixture of a very subtle patchouli and a more pronounced moss. At first I didn't get the mint but it's there as it settles down.
Classic, elegant fragrance reminds me of something my dad would've worn. Mediocre longevity but all in all a good fragrance.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

My own personal problem with modern chypres is that certain concoctions of herbs in a fragrance tend to give off an old-mannish smell to me. But other than that, I think the fragrance is a quality fragrance. And if you don’t mind my own personal complaint here, then Aeroplane might be a fragrance worth trying. It is, of course, a citrus at the opening. It doesn’t wear very heavy, and lasts a few hours, a pretty good time for your average citrus.

The notes themselves are quality notes - this isn’t a 20$ cheap, synthetic citrus. There’s been work put into this and I think this would go right alongside many classic chypres of the early 20th century.

What I get from Aeroplane concerning the notes is a strong petitgrain opening, with bergamot and lemon. The lemon and bergamot eventually wear off and I’m left with a petitgrain, herby mix for the heart of the fragrance. This mix is not so much replaced with the base notes as it just dies down. I would suspect the more knowledgeable observer (not me so much) would say that the oak moss and patchouli are slowly introduced. But otherwise, what’s left over of the heart and base notes kind of stick together very well….it’s basically one very herby kind of scent.

Rubydartz

I was getting a massage today and the masseuse asked me: "What fragrance are you wearing?" I need to get some more!!!! Help Help

Rubydartz

A friend was visiting from Paris and was wearing this cologne: Aeroplane Detaille. I loved it so much, he was kind enough to leave me the last bit of his bottle when he left. It reminds me of Gurlein's Habit Rouge which was a popular unisex fragrance in the 1970's.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Detaille Aeroplane fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Detaille Aeroplane, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aeroplane by Detaille. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aeroplane by Detaille represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay
L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche Boucheron Jaipur Homme Bentley Bentley for Men Intense Chanel Egoiste Caron Yuzu Man Hermes Voyage d'Hermes Parfum Hermes Voyage d`Hermes Cartier Declaration Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Yves Saint Laurent La Collection M7 Oud Absolu Le Labo Bergamote 22 Chanel Pour Monsieur MDCI Parfums Invasion Barbare Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme Tom Ford Italian Cypress Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Mugler Mugler Cologne