Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Diane Eau de Toilette Diane von Furstenberg for women

Diane Eau de Toilette Diane von Furstenberg for women
dislike

smoky

Diane Eau de Toilette by Diane von Furstenberg is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Diane Eau de Toilette was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard. The fragrance features musk, patchouli, myrhh, violet and frangipani.

Musk Patchouli Myrhh Violet Frangipani

Diane
La Perla

Diane Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Emilleigh
Emilleigh

There is something about my chemistry that makes things go powdery. This is straight laundry detergent on me. Not my cup of tea, unfortunately. It's very strong for an edt, and lasts a long time!

elderflowers
elderflowers

A retro musk with a chypresque backbone: 'Old School' is bang to rights. Relatively unsweet by modern standards, with no fruit, and no dreaded 'praline', which I see made its way into the flanker 'Love, Diane'. Despite the short list of notes, Diane is noticeable and complex enough to announce 'I'm wearing perfume', and I wouldn't wear it to work. It definitely has a 70's vibe: dryish scent, good shot of musk, not overly-concerned with being super-sexy.

I appreciate it and wear it sometimes, but I don't love it. I think it did badly in a crowded market because it's surprisingly formal, occasions to wear it are relatively rare (hence its appearance in Savers at a bargain price), and people who wear such scents will already have an old fave. Diane demands such old-fashioned things as smart evening clothes, and a definite attempt at a hairdo. She's not one for slinging on to go to the shops, or even a spontaneous meal out.

I agree that this scent's also potent even in EDT, and I'm not the best at detecting every musk note out there – some of us are partially anosmic to certain synth musks. A couple of spritzes will do, for an evening when you want to be more smart than seductive.

nirvana1
nirvana1

LOVELY Buy for $2 on Bay! Unique, can be used everyday. VERY HAPPY with the Price! RECOMMEND HIGHLY!

AveParfum
AveParfum

I have had a love affair with the EDP since it came out years ago. I recently sampled the EDT and fell even more in love than with the EDP. The EDT smells like it has some citrus or something lighter and fizzy in the top notes that the EDP does not have. The EDT is very dry from the start, and I notice the patchouli more readily than the EDP. After the top notes settle, the EDT is pure white soap of the most elegant kind. I love it! There is no particular note or floral that stands out to me. It is the scent of white soap, just creamy and musky and so gorgeous. You will definitely smell just like the shower if you wear this. Sillage and longevity are fantastic, so don't overspray. I only spray once on my wrists. I bought a full bottle straight away. This is one cheapie that I absolutely needed to own.

In comparison the EDP is noticeably sweeter in a balsamic way, and there is something fruity in it that the EDT lacks. So it depends on my mood, whether I want to wear pure soap or something a little sweeter and richer. It's very rare (or maybe never) that I have owned both an EDT and EDP of any one perfume, but these Diane Von Furstenbergs are phenomenal. So completely unappreciated and underrated, and I can't understand why!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am not a fan of chypre's but after wearing sweet scents for a long time, I felt like it was time to break out and add few florals and chypre's to my collection for a change.
Those of you who remember chypre of the early 90s and before-this is similar but MUCH MUCH lighter so I can actually tolerate it and like it. This is fresh and clean like the others said but this is not soapy clean, this is more spicy floral clean if that makes sense. Either way, its quite nice and appropriate for variety of occasions.
I would love to try EDP in this and see if that smells different.
btw, this can be found at bargain prices-I got mine for 14.99 at a discount store. Its definitely worth it

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

Ladies this fragrance is now $6.99 on eBay. :) Can't go wrong with that!

22Sasa22
22Sasa22

This perfume is very nice, lady like, and long lasting. It is not sugar and fruit. I can't imagine a teenager wearing it.

It has thickness but not overwhelming. It is well-Blended. I can smell flowers, musk, and wood. It is slightly oriental.

It is perfect for all occasions, but I think it is best worn for a dinner out or special nights :)

AlisonD
AlisonD

This is a lovely fragrance.
Its a fresh, clean and very pretty perfume that lasts all day.

It is a safe office/work fragrance but also perfect for evening wear.

Its so cheap at the moment I would definitely recommend trying a bottle.

mystica
mystica

I love Diane EDT, I think more than the EDP... EDT is more powdery and fresher, and heavier on the musk part whereas the EDP is slightly more resinous and warmer. Longevity and sillage of both is very good.

Diane EDT is such a clean, safe, lovely, womanly scent. It suits every occassion, yet it is not a boring fragrance which lacks character. On the contrary, I find it quite refined.

Also there is nothing fruity/candy sweet here which is a plus for me.

As a side note, Diane slightly resembles Agent Provocateur which I love.

juliacat
juliacat

A grown-up woman`s fragrance. Initially I could only smell musk and patchouli but after 10min or so I could smell the white flowers. Good office fragrance as it`s not too heavy yet powerful and womanly, not like one of those unisex fragrances ( not that there is anything wrong with them, of course).
I can imagine my mum wearing it, and my aunt, but not my baby niece. A 30+ woman, stylish yet conservative, knowing her worth, woman who balances her family and work life, a good sister, mother, wife. That`s what this fragrance all about. A modern woman.
However, I wouldn`t say it`s a summer fragrance, more like autumn or winter, it makes you fell warm inside and outside.

truffles
truffles

Sugar? Patchouli? No! I have just aquired a perfect bottle of Diane EDT in a swap and it definitely doesn't smell 'modern' (sugar) to me. Maybe my nose is all patchouli'd out, always having pure essential patchouli oil in the house but patchouli does not spring to my mind at ALL with Diane. Nor, thankfully, musk - although it's the top note up there ^^. Maybe I've just got a weird nose, haha!
I've not worn Diane properly yet, having only sprayed my arm but my first sniff was a happy experience. Unusual and expensive leap out from the topnotes - always good for me! As so often happens though, once the topnotes wear off, Diane seems to become a whole different animal. I'm not fond of violets in blends or of a certain kind of 'warm' in perfumes. Diane EDT to me, is definitely in the warm, not cold, category and I'm funny about my warms. Sniffing the drydown, an uncomfortable and persistent reminder is on the tip of my mind. Now, maybe this is tenuous but . . does Diane end up smelling a bit like Florentyna by Marks and Spencer? Because, for me, that's not good!
It's interesting, the perfume comparisons that people make. Sometimes I see that a perfume has been likened, on here, up there in that comparison line thingy ^, to one which I love and know well and I go 'eh? No! Pfft!' Maybe that's the case here with Diane and Florentyna and we're all just picking up, a lot of times, on one isolated note or accord that we just don't like/wear/know well. In the present case, I suspect it's 'violet in a blend ', definitely something very warmly floral anyway, I'll have to check. I'm going to give Diane a proper wear or five because I think it's worth it. It does feel a a bit like 'two perfumes blended', like someone else said, but I'm getting 'warm floral matronly' undertone, next to something more complex, interestingand expensive smelling and it's the second bit that intrigues me. Will update!

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

Very nice fragrance and mostly smells like musk, violet, and myrrh. It lasts forever and can be strong. This is a classic scent and not something that I have smelled before. It's pretty unique.

I do like it but I won't be buying the bottle after trying this out for a month. I can't see this as something I would wear that often.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

I don't dislike this, I am just perplexed by the bad reviews, and by the notes. It's nice. It's not the most boring, or most unnatural thing I've ever smelled. It also doesn't smell entirely like the notes listed. A little bit of musk, some gentle myrrh, a hint of frangipani, no violet, no patchouli, but a definite, dry, mildly spicy wood integrated with the myrrh. I would even suppose birch before patchouli. Lasting power is there for an edt.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

BLAST OF MUSK! but the drydown is nice. Dried patchouli with a hint of fancy floral soap.

xabaras
xabaras

On my skin this is like a very intense soapy smell, I would not want to go and buy this fragrance to smell just like a lady who wears an average cheap fragrance which never fades. I guess it is the strange mix of patchouli and musk. To my nose this is a fragrance of no interest. Uninspiring.

ray_archangel
ray_archangel

Smells very much like 'Agent Provocateur'. VERY-VERY soapy, no kidding. That's pretty much all I get from it.

I cannot believe DVF would put her name on such a light and boring scent. All the flankers are pretty Un Remarkable, the original being the only one with a touch of French class.
It is obvious she created those scents for commercial reasons, not scents i believe she would herself wear. We are very far from the lovely Tatiana!!

lynnlovelace
lynnlovelace

I had this as a sample, am wearing today, sorry, it just smells like an "old lady" scent and has no depth. I am a fan of clean and soapy fragrances, but this is just drab, old fashioned, powder room, dime store, weak cloud puff of baby powder.....

Hollie
Hollie

Hmmmm.Diane.

Saw it on a clearance shelf and thought I'd dab a bit on the back of my hand before just taking off with it blindly. I walked around the store a bit to see how it would develop.Definitely floral....and somewhat musky....and a tad bit woody.Very powdery. Not bad but..honestly...smells like the nether regions of a meticulously clean..and mature..lady. It has that "feminine deoderant spray" smell goin' on. Like I said...VERY powdery and really soft. Not sweet but kind of dusty. Makes me feel sleepy and gray. Not "balmy" and not "smokey".

However.....on the right person, I think this might be a really comforting fragrance but for me it's a no. I associate it too much with things that I don't want to smell like and ways that I don't want to feel. I blind bought Sunny by Diane not too long ago and didn't care for it too much either.

nataliebf
nataliebf

I really like this scent. I agree I enjoy the dry down a little more than the initial smell however, it's a lovely mature but not "granny" scent. I'm in my 30's and I wear it quite often although, I wouldn't say its an everyday scent. I don't care for fruity perfumes much so this floral is perfect for my perfume collection.

wiegley
wiegley

I love DVF's design sensibility (there's a lot more to her than wrap dresses) and I love this fragrance. Finally, something that doesn't smell like everything else in the department store! I love this because it's rich, mature, sexy and complex without being cloying, nauseating, heavy or old-lady smelling. It's not for a teenager, but it's not old-feeling, either. I'm 32 and it suits my stage of life perfectly.

The longevity is very good and the dry-down is delightful - very musky and sandalwoody. It takes a few hours to really get to the drydown. It might be a little too sexy for daytime wear - I like lighter, cleaner florals for that.

My 4-yr old daughter climbed on to my lap shortly after I'd applied this and started sniffing me and told me I smelled "awesome." Since she didn't even know I was wearing perfume and has a pretty unadulterated nose, I'd say that's high praise!

nubatu
nubatu

Absolutely adorable!! I love the oldschool vibe of it. To me it's not a stinky grandma perfume at all. It's warm and seductive, powerful and soft at the same time. Taking me to 70's NYC. It really stands out among all those nausea-causing wannabe-sexy modern mixtures. Thank you Diane for creating it:)

rednose
rednose

this starts out redundant and cliche, the overnight dry down smells awesome though. you end up waking to pillows scented of bliss. as far as main stream, cliche fragrances go, this one ain't too bad.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Minnesota is having the worst year in almost a century for mosquitos so I'm glad that I have a bottle of Diane, which is the most diabolical mixture of citronella and Avon Skin-so-Soft that I've smelled in a long time. She clearly has a deep and well-financed desire to avenge herself on violets--it's the only reason I can think of that someone would torture them to death this way by poisoning them with frangipani and the most sugared pachouli I've ever smelled. Someone should tell her that iocane is odorless and tasteless and doesn't need to buried in a brew this evil.
Sillage: miasmic
Persistance: scrubbed in half hour
Fabulosity: Raid kills bugs dead
Value to Price Ratio: I'd pay to have never smelled it

I have not tried the edp, but Diane von Furstenberg DIANE edt strikes me as a market-data generated creation attempting to combine two currently popular trends: personal hygiene and sweet patchouli frags. It seems to me that DIANE fails in the quest to serve both of these market niches simultaneously.

This offering is too clean to be an inviting floriental (not to mention the very low level of in any case totally indistinguishable, "abstract" flowers...), and too sweet to be an "I just took a shower" scent. It's almost as though two perfumes were mixed together, under the (erroneous) assumption that the final product would satisfy the broadest spectrum of tastes. The experiment did not work, at least not according to my nose. Désolée.

LeSentirTout
LeSentirTout

Smells like a fresh baby with an underlying smell of a mature conservative woman. I am 20 therefore I do not like this at all.

I received a sample of this and tested in shop.
I quite like this EdT, not overpowering and a little bit original compared to other mainstream. At least a few different notes! The EdT anyway is too light for me and simpler. Still it keeps a ladylike vibe, so that this fragrance sticks quite out of the crowd and makes you notice it. It smells like an old school perfume made new, if it makes sense.
I would suggest this one to someone who likes elegant perfumes for ladies. Frangipani is nice and also violet. I would rather go for EdP, if I liked the kind.
For me it's a scent for a grown up woman with black garther and silky stockings and a silk dress, all very expensive.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I REALLY wanted to love this one. I am just not 'wow'ed' by it at all. I was expecting something rich and deep. It is very linear. Not impressed with the frangipani or violets in this one. The myrrh is very noticable, a little patchouli, a little musk. It actually starts to smell 'soapy'. Boy I wish this was blended better...I will finish my sample and maybe something will occur to make me love it. As for now, too many other gorgeous scents on the market for it to compete with....and of course...the lasting power is incredible for an EDT!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diane von Furstenberg Diane Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diane von Furstenberg Diane Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diane Eau de Toilette by Diane von Furstenberg. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diane Eau de Toilette by Diane von Furstenberg represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.