Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 531 I had it: 128 I want it: 455 My signature: 15

tuberose
Do Son Diptyque for women Pictures Do Son Diptyque for women Pictures

Do Son by Diptyque is a Floral fragrance for women. Do Son was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Fabrice Pellegrin. Top notes are african orange flower, rose and iris; middle notes are tuberose and pink pepper; base notes are benzoin and musk.

African Orange flower Rose iris

Tuberose Pink Pepper

Benzoin Musk

Do Son Fragrance Reviews

Ianthe
Ianthe

Finally, I found my tuberose!

On other people I've always found tuberose heady, sensual and classy, but it's always seemed to wear me rather than the other way round. Fracas, for instance: I know it's a masterpiece, but on my skin it's overpowering and oddly oily. Estee Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia is gorgeous and always gets compliments, but I find it a little pretty-pretty and virginal, as though I'm wearing a too-frilly dress (I'm not a frilly girl).

Do Son is unabashedly tuberose, but to my nose the pink pepper and the orange flower cut through the heaviness of the flower, freshening and enlivening its almost opiate effect. The musky base works so much better on my skin than Tuberose Gardenia, which is a little too (literally and figuratively) vanilla. Do Son is warmer, more grounded, but still fresher compared to the double whammy to the nostrils that is Fracas.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to try Do Son. I think I was put off the Diptyques by the ubiquity of Philosykos among my friends a few years back. I'm off to investigate the rest, now. The bottles are gorgeous, too...

miss mills
miss mills

As big white florals go, I like this. Fracas is the mother of all tuberose scents imho and I can't help but draw comparisons whenever presented with a heady white floral bouquet such as this, but...there's a softness brought about by the iris and musky base and a sexy little zing from the benzoin which make this imminently more wearable for me than the stunning but overpowering Fracas. Having said that, I would buy full bottle of Fracas before I would buy a fb of this so what does that say? For me, maybe that while this is beautiful and so wearable, it isn't (sorry) as memorable or original as that mother of all tuberose perfumes to me.

evesoho
evesoho

Katie Puckrick posted a video on youtube several years ago where she talked about Do Son. She said that she sprays it into the bathroom while showering and it becomes like a tropical rainstorm.

The image stuck in my mind, then last week in Manhattan I spotted a Diptyque boutique near the studio where I work. I'd never been to Diptyque and had only sampled Philosykos.

It was a summertime heatwave and I remembered Do Son. When the shopgirl gave me the tester it was immediate relief. I understood why Katie uses the perfume this way - it's very clean. I'm a lover of white floral perfumes and I tend to think that more sweet, innocent one like Chasse Aux Papillons and Chanel Gardenia are actually sexier and better reserved for formal occasions than their heavier counterparts - which to me are sort of funky and take-me-as-I-am. I love A La Nuit, a jasmine perfume, that feels like a tropical garden where you'd find a naked orgy in the middle of the day with the Grateful Dead playing the in the background.

Do Son has musk that makes it clean and airy, and the resin gives it depth. Get that? It's airy and deep - but not heavy. The tuberose and orange flower are strong but not candied. It's a conservative, high-quality white floral that is carefully made and the scent of the flowers are strong - but not sweet or dirty. It may be too strong to be considered graceful but it has a crisp elegance.

I bought the balm because it was cheapest, but also because I loved the feel of it on my parched, overheated, burning skin. The packaging is just beautiful for display, too, and easily portable. The black ceramic container looks perfect among the black bottles (Habanita, Attar de Roses) in my collection. In my early 20s, I wore a balm from Pacifica called Thai Lemongrass which was sweet and refreshing. The texture of Diptyque's balm is obviously on a whole other level.

I'm definitely hooked and when I return I'm going to purchase Olene, which I also tested, and the very beautiful Baies candle... if I don't order them online before then!

tiababy
tiababy

This is a pretty tuberose but it reminds me very much of Michael Kors minus the awesome creamy, buttery note. I won't be buying this one when I can get MK for much cheaper. It is a quality tuberose though.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Do Son by Diptyque is a lush green tuberose that is sweetened up with orange flower combined with subtle hints of rose and pink pepper. It is a beautiful green floral scent and perfect to wear in the spring!

Rux2589
Rux2589

I ordered the EDT version online and let me start by saying that the EDT felt more crisp and green right out of the box. It's good, but certainly different enough. Which one do I prefer? Well... I think right now the EDT was the best choice for me. I especially like to spray it in my hair. The tuberose is very prominent, but not overpowering. Love it!

D-Bo
D-Bo

While this is an absolutely beautiful scent, it is certainly a feminine leaning fragrance. That being said, this is the perfect scent to layer with other men's fragrances that have a masculine edge to them. Today I layered this with Creed's Royal water with absolutely positive results. Royal Water has always had a rough edge that bordered on too herbal. I found that layering it with Do Son was the perfect balance. The florals balance out the harshness of Royal Water perfectly.

On a woman though, this is a very seductive fragrance. Very light and airy and almost like smelling wet, dewy flowers in the springtime.

I highly recommend both men and women to try this one.

c_c_mc
c_c_mc

A lovely, powerful floral perfume that remains unisex even with its strong profile of jasmine, tuberose, and powdery iris.

A long lasting scent (it gets me through an entire day) that starts out quite bright and powerful then fades into a subtle reminder after a few hours.

In my own olfactory memory this perfume reminds me of a funeral home: the mountains of fragrant flowers that drown out the synthetic formaldehyde and give some comfort to the mind. A contrast of bright, upfront-ness and substantive shadows, dark wool underneath.

I'd say excellent for spring and summer with a tendency to wear it at night or to functions.

lukewarmilk
lukewarmilk

Today I part ways with this lovely fragrance. Do Son was what made me fall in love with the tuberose flower. It's a very simple and refined scent I mainly get two notes the tuberose obviously and pink pepper everything else in this composition is there to help those two notes shine. Longevity and projection are really impressive it radiates off my skin when I wear it specially in spring and summer. Don Son is great for people who are just getting into tuberose it's sleek and to the point if you like tuberose you will like it if you don't like tuberose you won't.

Even though I love Do Son but I won't be repurchasing it any time soon since I own Carnal flower and it's the best tuberose fix for my taste and no they don't smell similar.

Ps: I'm reviewing the EDP version.

datsmellysmell
datsmellysmell

I have the solid version. It's a gorgeous, mature but still youthful and feminine floral scent. I love that it's not overly light/fresh and it has a bit of a warmth to it so there is the huggable/sexy vibe to it. Only downside is that it's very expensive..

LadyIva
LadyIva

This is the only Diptyque fragrance that I really cannot handle. Basically this is a tuberose overkill; add to this equation a hefty dose of super-powdery iris and loads of musk, and then just pick whether you want to die from suffocation or migraine. Honestly, it is *that* strong and overwhelming. Tuberose lovers will enjoy this; the rest of the world, better stay away!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Do Son is a stunning perfume.

I smell a beautiful, round, fleshy, almost "sweaty" smelling tuberose, that blends seamlessly with my natural sweaty smell, especially during humid summer days. This sweatiness is very sensual, almost erotic, and evocative of hot and frisky summer's evenings. I find it difficult to distinguish the notes apart from the tuberose as it is so well-blended, but there is some freshness, sweetness and softness which gives the scent an alluring, feminine quality. Musk appears on my skin during the dry down.

I love how this is never overpowering, but instead well-balanced with some sweet and creamy nuances. For serious tuberose lovers, something stronger may be preferred, but this is perfect for me (a heady tuberose gives me headaches), so I love wearing the EDT.

Infinitely wearable by anyone, but most appropriate for the heat in my opinion, which makes this ideal for someone living in a hot climate. It is quite long lasting too, the longevity was for about 8-10 hours on my skin, whilst the sillage was soft to moderate in strength that surrounded me with an invisible little cloud :)

angel6

many years ago a had a bottle and love it, is almost a dupe for Estee lauder Private collection Tuberose gardenia, but I prefer Do Son.

Doloragrace
Doloragrace

I love this perfume. It smells like flowers and pepper. It's so strong and expensive that I only wear it on very special occasions. It's a high class fragrance. Reminds me of money and high heels.

adice
adice

Big headache inducing white floral for me. This type of fragrance is just not my cup of tea. It came in a discovery set - I strongly suggesting testing before you buy if heady/heavy white florals often bother you.

MissGabrielleO
MissGabrielleO

Bought a small bottle of this recently in London (EDT). Smells gorgeous and lush but unfortunately fades VERY quickly. Disappointing offering from Diptyque.

bronstein
bronstein

A decent tuberose scent, but there are better around. Not very original and hence not quite up to the standard you'd expect from Diptyque. Nevertheless, if you are looking for tuberose, you get what you expect.

beritskagen
beritskagen

Not really a review, but I just have to say that the Mythic Oil, shimmering oil from l’oreal reminds me a whole lot of the Do Son edt. Its probably not exactly the same, but its still very similar and a lot cheaper ...and you can wear it in your hair :) win, win! ;)

(Obs!It does contain glitter though...)

I forgot to say; its NOT the "rich oil" that smells similar. They are totally different. Its the "shimmering oil"!

lilymorena
lilymorena

After testing a small amount of Do Son (from a swap, so I don't know if it was edp or edt)and reading the reviews here, I ordered a FB edt. I am quite impressed with the longevity, more than 12 hours, sillage is moderate.
It starts fresh, citrus, jasmine, strong, a bit as cellery, green, tubereuse, but it grows strong. For a few hours it turned to a heavy bouquet white flowes (from 3 sprays on my upper body). I changed clothes but I can still smell it. On my skin the strongst notes are the jasmine followed by tubereuse. This is the most summery tubereuse I have tested so far. It is not as creamy as Carnal Flower, not so elegant as Creed Iris tubereuse, not so tropical as Beyond Love, not so 80's as Fracas. It is a dewy green tubereuse without sweetness and quite beautiful for a summer and spring day. I am happy to have it.

valencia
valencia

Very soft and creamy white floral. I smell musk and benzoin before the sweetness, but that's very individual, as my partner thought I smelled like sweet vanilla. Funnily, I really don't smell it on myself. I have to spray A LOT to get whiffs of it during the day, but my partner smells it very strongly even if I put only a few spritzes on. I guess that means it works really well with my skin/nose, but I wish I could smell it better on myself so that I could properly enjoy this lovely fragrance.
I definitely smell a very nice jasmine in this, and generally feel that the perfume is quite modern and unique, suitable for all elegant ladies out there.

Emma0714
Emma0714

Review is for the EdP.

Orangeblossom with a spicy twist I would say. Not as innocent and girly as Robert Piguet's Blossom, and not as sexy and womanly as is Armani Code Luna. This falls in the middlezone. Even unisex maybe? Maybe for layering?

I am a sucker for anything creamy white floral, this is no exception.

Went off to layer this with Rituals no.19 Sandalwood and Patchouli... I might be on to something big here.

A beautiful white flower filled scent. I almost get a feeling of Lily-in-the-valley, but like a whisper. Very airy soft smell of them, but they are not included. I also get a softspicy smell - so for daring men - I say, try it.

En ljuvlig doft fylld med vita blommor. Jag får nästan en känsla av Liljekonvalj, men som en viskning. Otroligt luftig, mjuk Liljekonvalj-doft men de är inte med i doftpyramiden. Jag får även en kryddig känsla - så för modiga män säger jag bara - testa den.

Max Logan
Max Logan

I'm not really eloquent since there is not much to say.
You get sweet white flowers, that's it.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

What an absolutely gorgeous, well-balanced concoction. It's seductive but innocent, classy but casual, and noticeable but subtle. The creamy tuberose and sunny neroli are invigorated by a zesty peppercorn. The base is a soft mix of a vanillic benzoin and clean white musk. I don't find the rose or iris too noticeable, but on occasion the two bloom quietly.

It has an exotic East Asian vibe to it. It makes me picture myself sipping jasmine tea in a Chinese garden with creamy white flowers blooming around - gardenia, jasmine, tuberose. My sister, who in general isn't moved by 99% of fragrances, almost bought this one a few hours after spritzing it on her wrist and clothing. That's how enticing this fragrance is. There isn't a huge difference between the EDP and EDT, but I prefer and recommend the EDT.

yiota.liapi
yiota.liapi

Elegant,classy and sensual all in one

MadMadamMimm

Fracas knocked my socks off to the point I was afraid I couldn't love this ever again, but I gave it a rest, and coming back to it, I definitely still love Do Son. They do not smell alike, but it is hard not to compare BWF to each other. This is my "I live in a dry desert climate, but let's pretend we live in a sultry southern climate" perfume. It's "Let me put on a retro sundress, espadrilles and sunglasses, and drink G&Ts with the gals." Delightful.

jessrogue
jessrogue

Now THIS is a nice unique floral as it actually smells like a bouquet of lush flowers.

There is something so comforting in this frag.. I swear I have smelled this before a long long time ago when I was very young in the early 80s. Like something my mother or my aunt wore.

katiesimpsonhair

This fragrance is very oriental, sweet, floral / fruity. it makes me think of somewhere exotic and humid with a warm breeze of jasmine and orange spice. a nice scent to wear when feeling tanned on holliday.

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

EDT

Intoxicating sharp and pure tuberose interwoven with hints of spicy pepper wrapped in a soothing shawl of musky benzoin.

This perfume makes me feel like a virgin....with dirty dreams :)

L: High
S: Moderate

blake.lee
blake.lee

I have the EDT and its much too fresh for me. For example, I hate the green monster that is Carnal Flower. I have to wear Do Son over coconut, vanilla or amber lotion to make it work or its screechy green notes make me cringe. I prefer my BWF lush, creamy and overbearing like Narcotic Venus or Alien Absolu. However, I once gave a bottle to a roommate and it smelled like fluffy, creamy, sweet Heaven on her! I couldn't even believe it was the same fragrance. Skin chemistry is so strange!

po
po

If you are interested in Do Son keep in mind that the EDT and the EDP are distinctly different.

The first I tried was the EDT which is the fresher/cleaner version, there might be some jasmine there along the tuberose. It was unltimately too cool/crisp for my liking but if you favor scents like Baiser Vole, Pleasures, Diorissimo or Gardenia Petale you might also enjoy this one.

The EDP is much warmer and creamier. I get nothing but straight up tuberose, maybe a touch of musk in the drydown but still very much in the background. Since tuberose has the tendency to dominate any composition many famous fragrances containing it come across as overly complex or ''busy'' as the rest of the notes have to be overdosed in order to peek trough. Here it's in the form of a very well mannered but not shy realistic blossom with no frills or other flowers to compete. Layers very nicely with Jo Malone's Orange Blossom if you are into that.

Overall I find it to be a billowy, joyful fragrance, would be perfect for a wedding and still relaxed enough for any beautiful spring day. Performance is more like a happy medium; quite unlikely to smother anyone but retains some heft throughout. Still, very much a soliflore which lasts about 5-6 hours but they are five hours of pure bliss.

Imadele
Imadele

I agree this is similar to but not a good as Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia but this is far too sweet for me ..

Q80
Q80

Now i realized where i smelled this before! It was Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise!
The mystery is SOLVED, Case Closed :)

jlfears
jlfears

eau de toilette review (I haven't smelled the edp)

While I mourn the passing of Marc Jacobs Essence at least once a week, I really always just waited for its dreamy drydown ~ an amazing, creamy, tropical sheet of a scent that didn't scream any particular note.

On me, this goes on as a "friendly" tuberose, with coconut cream rather than the waxy butter that turns some away from aggressive tuberose scents. (I love those too, but you won't find it here.) Soon, though, it's just a beautiful floral perfume that's so well blended it's hard to pick anything out. It's basically, to me, the drydown of Essence.

Do Son is clean (you smell clean), but it's not a "clean" scent by any stretch; it's sweet, but never too sweet; it's creamy, but far from thick. Delicious.

This is my next purchase (or swap, if I can) ~ and that's saying something because I've had most of my want list for a long, long time and I *just* smelled this for the first time last week.

Sillage is fair. Staying power is phenomenal.

nordhaul
nordhaul

Out of the DiptyQue line this'd be 'the One' for me.
Has nothing to do with Fracas except for sharing a
common ingredient. 100% different personalities &
affects. This is warm while Fracas is cold. This is a
secure, whispering, pretty, beautiful, summery and
balmy floral while Fracas is bolder, louder, & none
of those latter adjectives (NOT knocking Fracas at
all here). This is bronzer, white cotton, & bare feet
while Fracas is bright red/pink lips, black velvet &
stilettos. Let's not get them mixed up. In summary
sniffs from the bottle immediately transport me to my
own secluded beach house that somehow maintains
itself. That's just my personal experience and why I
like this. Do I want to smell like this? No not really.
I want to smell like Chanel or Piguet tbh. ...Peace...

P. S. This also smells buttery (again, bottle sniffage
only). Planning to skinspray and update. ...Peace...

arrode
arrode

The softest, creamiest white floral! This is a wonderful, soft and not at all nauseating floral. I find that a lot of tuberose and orange flower combos give me headaches and are really sickeningly strong. Do Son is NONE of these things and this is coming from a person who cannot stand orange flower. This is a beautiful, womanly, bubblegum-like floral perfect for spring, summer, and fall. It lasts all day and radiates off my body a good foot or two and leaves a polite trail. Great addition to anyone's wardrobe.

purpleturtle
purpleturtle

Christmas gift from my husband. I love it. It was the scent he picked after smelling them all. Limited edition bottle is a gorgeous work of art. Smells creamy, fresh flowered, full, and green... Tuberose without any headache. My first Diptyque, but not my last... Happy smelling! :)

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

If you find Fracas and Carnal Flower overwhelming or headache-inducing, give this tuberose a try. It's sweeter and seems "younger" in a way, but still has considerable sillage and lasting power.

woodlandwalk

I've just tried the EDP today (in the darker shaded bottle, the one in the pic above is EDT) and I had the EDT which I enjoy.

I love Do Son EDT and I'm enjoying the EDP just as much.

I notice one comment mentions Carnal Flower is better as a tuberose perfume, but they're completely different perfumes. Much as I enjoy many Malle perfumes (especially Lys Mediterranee) I don't like Carnal Flower because it's too bright and the eucalyptus makes my eyes water.

Do Son is a different experience, it's almost a standard pretty white floral, but I enjoy the buttery hint (its not sweet, so it's a sort of savoury butter). In the EDT I get more soapy/pretty floral - honeysuckle/jasmine, but in the EDP the butteriness is enhanced. Both have a soft and easy musk drydown with a subtle woody hint - also the waxy butter tuberose note lasts throughout. There's nothing animalic or challenging. Also it doesn't have that rubbery bubblegum aspect that many tuberose perfumes do - the heavy-handed edge. This feels contemporary.

The longevity is excellent, of all the perfumes I tested today this wafts up and lasts longest on clothes and skin.

It's not a perfume that will astound anyone, it's not a challenging niche, but it does attract compliments, and is especially lovely and uplifting in summer

ashe1590
ashe1590

This is an impeccable creamy spring floral that radiates an organic realness to it. A hint of green stops this from being an in your face floral - it smells like a walk in a thick flower garden in spring. The scent is ideal for spring but the creaminess wouldn't be too overwhelming for summer either.

Only quip is I would like this to last longer. I take three sprays of the EDP in the morning (once on each wrist and mist on my shirt) and by lunch it is almost gone - just faint lingers on my shirt left. I top up with the solid that I keep in my bag but that only lasts an extra house or two. I've purchased the lotion so hopefully layering will help drag it out a bit lo get because it is lovely.

hannyd168
hannyd168

IF YOU like tuberose this is yours... forever.

Kmam
Kmam

I have tried two different samples of the EDP after throwing the first one out thinking it was off. I'm so sad that this doesn't work on me! There is obviously tuberose (which I love, always), but underneath is a strange aquatic sour edge to it that once I smell it I can't unsmell. It dries down a bit better but definitely isn't as nice as it should be. Based on most of the other reviews, it sounds lovely, so I must be to do with my chemistry. Sadface.

weasley
weasley

EDP: very beautiful and happy tuberose. I don't get any pink pepper which i'm really happy about, and overall it's very soft and creamy. Nothing sharp about it at all. It's linear and simplistic and very natural smelling, like a real flower. It feels very present, but it's by no means overpowering like white florals can be. Favorite tuberose so far. Would love to wear this in spring or a summer evening.

Dolora Grace
Dolora Grace

Wonderful! Smells very expensive and feminine. Like flowers made of jewels. I love this perfume, it smells like what you would wear to an interview for a high paying job.

vagabondant
vagabondant

Do Son EDP is much better than version EDT which is sharp and too jasmine. The edp is natural, creamy and warm.

Agonistes
Agonistes

I don't like florals. I don't like 'girly' fragrances. And yet, and yet, this has won me over completely. I think it's how natural the florals smell - there's nothing soapy about it, it's not too sweet, just a green floweriness like being in a garden. A secret garden, one with shady patches and insects crawling over petals and a half-wild proliferation of blooms. And as dusk sets in, all the birds begin to sing; the air is thick with song.

Moonflower11
Moonflower11

I have an EDP sample. Do Son reminds me a summer rainy day. it'a simple but lovely scent, tuberose is fresh, light and smell like the real flower. I don't find it too sweet. If you like soft white flower you have to try Do Son. On me sillage is moderate and it lasts about 4/5 hours

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I like Diptyque, as their scents are usually pretty unisex. Not this one though, it is all about the tuberose. It's a nice scent, but there is something synthetic about it that I find unappealing. In my opinion, it would be hard for a man to pull off. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's too floral for me.

Hellita

I just have to add one more thing:

I'm pretty surprised by the amount of negative reviews of my beloved "Do Son". Reading them with the EdP in mind I find that many of the descriptions simply does not add up to how the scent of the EdP smells on me, hence my theory is that most of them may be about the EdT? Plus very few states if it's the EdP or the EdT they're talking about, which is a shame when the concentrations are shared on one page like this.

The scents are so different that I'm a bit annoyed that they don't have their own page to be honest!

I just think that the EdP is so much more beautiful than the EdT and they are so different to my nose. Sooo... :) This is just another praise of one of my favourite scents!

Darn. I loved this, but then I discovered Fracas, and now I only like this. :(
I could do without the iris. It's better after the dry down, but I want my tuberose voluptuous and sultry, rather than powdery. Still a nice perfume. Fracas has just ruined me for everything, it seems.

lisa.vokorina
lisa.vokorina

To me it's repulsive. It's too chemical and loud, it lacks complexity and subtlety.

I thought it's just me who dislikes Do Son that much, but it turns out that Luca Turin gave this only one star in his book.

The marketing is great though. Diptyque bottles are misterious and appealing, so I hope to find one that I like.

Hellita

Let me start off by saying that the EdT and the EdP of "Do Son" are from different planets to my nose (and on my skin).

Also I need to say that while I like them both, I am so intrigued by Do Son EdP that it haunts me at night! (you all know what I mean! the perfume junkie-way of thinking; when you can't stop thinking about the scent as it's the last thing on your mind before you fall asleep and the first thing you think about when you wake up because you're so obsessed that you can't rest until you get your hands on a bottle and finally add it to your collection? ;) Yeah... that's where I am right now. I am "Do Son'ed".

From the first time I smelled the cap of the EdP I was smitten! It was OH so delightful and creamy tuberose, but not only that - I swear I could smell sort of a green vanilla with a hint of the warmth from frangipani or coconut luring in the background (but I know that it must be the white musk blended with the tuberose and benzoin that give me that sweet creamy and warm sensation). I have been obsessing over "Do Son" EdP for 3 days straight now, so I think I have come to the conclusion that I need me a full bottle. The drydown is heavenly with light and airy benzoin and musk, so precious! I think it was the drydown that really got me hooked.

I want to add that I do get the resemblance to Michael Kors Michael, but mostly with the EDT. The EDT is lovely as well but it's a much greener, lighter and fresher tuberose (not so much benzoin and warmth to it). Since I already own Michael Kors "Michael" I won't be purchasing the EDT of "Do Son" - but OH BOY the EDP:
wait for me because I'm coming for you! <3

Long lasting and perfect for Summer!

rockegg
rockegg

Has anybody mentioned that it smells a lot like tuberose? Oh, that's right, they HAVE. Some people love the hyper-femininity of tuberose, some people hate it, and some people only really appreciate it in some moods or some seasons (put me in that category). So if you're one of the tuberose-objectors, just go away and read about something else. You won't like Do Son. If you do like tuberose, this is an excellent choice. There are some tuberose scents out there that are either cheap smelling (not mentioning any names) or so mixed up with other bizarre alchemy that a new animal has been created, but this is sweet, floral, glowing-flowers-in-a-jungle heaven.

risarii
risarii

I love white florals and in the past have been enamored with jasmine and orange blossom but had never payed much attention to tuberose until recently. It's becoming one of my favorite notes when done right---and Do Son is done right. I adore it!

Do Son is a summery tuberose that is both sparkling and creamy. It smells like a summer day spent at the beach and tuberose leis. Diptyque make very natural smelling fragrances and this is is no exception; it doesn't smell fake or alcohol heavy or candy sweet like many mainstream scents nowadays.

Lasting power is rather impressive and it is rather linear, which is fine with such a nice scent. It's feminine and sunny and perfect for Summer. In fact, I think this will be my Summer scent this year, although it's in a close race with Philosykos. I'm really clicking with Diptyque lately. :)

archivist
archivist

One spritz of this and I am absolutely green at the gills. I don't like tuberose at all and should have read the notes before spraying. For some reason I thought this one was the sandalwood Diptyque. Haha, nope. Hrnnk. One spritz - a tiny tester spray, no less, and I feel like I've been hosed down with mother-in-law strength tuberose.

I suppose it might feel thin, soft, light, fresh, wearable, etc. to other people.

But I fear them.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

This is a fairly realistic tuberose, like the freshly cut flowers. It is light and fresh in character, and pretty long lasting. However, it has a greenness to it that makes it unwearable for me. I wouldn't say it is similar to Micheal Kors, for this reason.

elenakoles
elenakoles

I LOVE tuberose! Love the shape of the blossom, adore its smell... After looking for fresh tuberose in all the upscale flower boutiques in New York - in vain! - I even went as far as ordering 7 stems from California - I just had to smell the real thing, and I was not disappointed!
I had also been intrigued by the house of Diptyque for a long time but did not have a chance to test their creations in person until a few days ago at a newly-opened boutique on my way to work. Do Son was an instant attraction... What an elegant and perfectly balanced composition! To me, tuberose takes the lead in it and orange blossom and gardenia adorn the central theme creating a bouquet that I was unable to resist. The only dilemma was the choice between EDT and EDP. Normally, I would have gone for the longevity of EDP, but in this case, EDP seemed like a carbon copy of Gold Flowers by Montale (which I already own) where the tuberose is a bit too strong and too metallic, imho. Do Son is more subtle, romantic and... office-appropriate, if you like. I am wearing it today since morning and the EDT is holding up very nicely on my skin and clothes. It is a real mood-lifter (grey winter day outside). I can imagine how it is going to sparkle in the rays of spring sunshine, and in the meantime - thank you, Diptyque, for creating magic!

lalalovesroses
lalalovesroses

"Diptyque Do Son"
I have owned a bottle since mid last year and a decant of Do Son a year before that. I think that it is safe to say that I can give an experienced review without trouble.

Do Son is what I remember describing as a creamy, natural white floral that is appropriate for any beach goddess (well that is certainly the vibe i get from it.) Do Son opens up with a powdery, green tuberose that is ever slightly milky. The tuberose is realistic I would say, even though that I have not smelled it in real life. It is known as a white floral comparable to jasmine and gardenia in my mind. The sillage is gentle, and ethereal permeating with a rewarding waft every so often. I find it a tropical perfume, not in the sense of coconut, pina-coladas and the saltiness of the beach. But rather the summer feeling I get when I wear this. That is not to say it is only restricted to summer. I find it such an all-year fragrance. Something that is so universally feminine and fresh for every season. Back to the scent, it sways between tuberose, orange blossom and a hint of rose. I smell a powdery undertone at times but I think that is the musk playing its part. It also gives off an animalic or what I like to say, adds a 'tropical' edge to the white florals. This leaves Do Son to be buttery, and gorgeous yet quite clean in the heart. The dry down is much less interesting, being a faint reminder of what beauty it was. A soft musk and non-descript white floral. It sometimes baffles me how it can fade so quickly. But other times I am surprised how it lasted over my daily routines and exercise.

I would highly suggest Do Son for beginners to white floral perfumes - whether you enjoy gardenia, jasmine, orange blossom or curious about tuberose. It is quite a crowd pleaser that many women would find inoffensive. I have heard from a teacher that actually bought a full bottle after loving a sample of Do Son I gave her. However, she loves it but her husband does not. Always test before buy i would say, no matter how your tastes go. This one was a slow-love and a great every day scent for me.

Note, I just want to add that my partial bottle which I bought from a reputable source, has the juice turned a bit yellowish and I smell the powdery sharpness a bit more recently. It may have turned and the top notes a bit bitter, although the heart and base smell fine nonetheless. It can even lean a bit sweet at times. I must add this is an older bottle in the square bottle. I have to admit that I am disappointed that the main cosmetic checker sites do not cater for Diptyque batch codes so I do not know how old exactly my bottle is dated. That is a real first world problem though, I still enjoy it and would spritz for an instant 'happy!'

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Big burst of tuberose, followed by green, followed by…tuberose and green, moderately sweet and quite comfortable. Not much musk or animalic tuberose here, this is Tuberose Lite, for people who find Poison overwhelming and Tubereuse Criminelle too “dirty”. It’s nice enough, tropical and lush at the beginning, but doesn’t develop at all, just gradually fades. I prefer Oscar (de la Renta) for my “clean Tuberose” and T/Criminelle, or even Tubereuse 3 Animale by Histoires des Parfums, for my skank fix. :)

sunmisun
sunmisun

The EdP is gorgeous. Creamy milky white florals over lush green rainforests. Normally I'm fairly sensitive to scent, but for some reason this one doesn't give me a headache the way a lot of screetchy florals can. Overall a fan of several Diptyque scents.

I like Do Son very much. First, I love tuberose and I'm not scared by it. I was an avid Amarige's wearer many years ago, but now it's a little to overwhelming for my likes and it has been badly reformulated. I will keep trying that anyway, but Do Son came as a nice tuberose relief because it smells elegant and not screaming loud.
Indeed you have tuberose here, but it opens in the green way compared to the buttery kind of tuberose (Fracas, I will wear you when you won't smell like butter popcorn)
It's a little bit too screachy in the opening and I blame it on the pepper.
This is still one of the few scents with tuberose that actually smell like the flower or very similar. Not much to say about rose and iris, not even the animalic side. Where is it?
Real tuberose is already carnal enough.
Tuberose is perfumes has become a new trend, then I smell nothing like that, way too faint or just a vague idea of this powerful flower.
I think that if you want tuberose, then tuberose must be, without too much polishing and taming. Otherwise what's the scope?
Do Son is not loud like Amarige, not buttery like Fracas, not glompy syrupy like L'Artisan, not even extravagant like Carnal Flower. It just delivery the beauty and attraction of this powerful flower packed in a friendly green leafy box.
After a while the screachy note fades and a beautiful soliflore emerges in all its feminity and elegance.
Anyway you can wear Do Son even if you're not in your best diva outfit, because it is versatile.
It keeps stable on skin for many hours giving close whiffs, maybe not too projecting but lively and happy for the wearer. A simple floral elegance in the old school style. A winner IMO.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Very nice this is pretty close to Estee Lauder Private Collection, TUBEROSE GARDENIA

Back and forth EL Tuberose Gardenia is formulation is more wow and a head turner. Leans strongly feminine.

This beautiful perfume is more unisex and more casual.

Do I like it: Definatly. This is pretty nice and its nice that there is a good alternative to Estee Lauder.

I love this smell. DO SON is a clean, fresh , sporty , friendly , not soapy , bright tuberose. It is not creamy more of a aqua tuberose.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

strangely enough, my coworker let me borrow her bottle. she says this scent is too overpowering for her because it's very jasmine-y. i told her i looked up the notes and it's probably tuberose and orange flower she's smelling...anyway i smelled the bottle and knew that this scent isn't me at all but i like to try perfumes, so i am testing it.

it starts off like a soapy sort of tuberose scent. something underlying is slightly sour and not really agreeing with me. i like tuberose and i like fracas but this is a bit too fresh and light (yet also too strong) for my liking. i am not sure what notes i'm even getting here- the tuberose is obvious but the rest is kind of a floral-aquatic melange. it's very light and airy yet kind of gives me a headache. i much prefer the headiness and groundedness of fracas and the darkness of ava luxe's tuberose diabolique, but i am happy i tried this...interested in trying more diptyque and always tuberose scents, especially in summer.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Fresh and lovely tuberose up in the air at its finest. This is what Do Son is all about once it is sprayed. Very, very much so !

What I love about Diptyque fragrances is that once I spray it,I can totally tell what fine note it has. Like Do Son... "Tuberose !" Amazing !

I love tuberose.

If you don't like tuberose anything, this is not for you.

Do Son is very tuberose. From top note to base note.

It is not that overpowering. Just enough to please ... like real flowers in the garden during a nice sunny weather.

Great for the day.

Nil3
Nil3

It's all, and i mean ALL about the tuberose! First my friend was like: you like jasmine? Smell this! So I looked it up and go: Hun, not a trace of jasmine. What we are smelling is purely tuberose. Tuberose stealing the thunder! Very classic and elegant.

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

There is a very overt odor I get when I smell Do Son. This fragrance smells so much like a nail salon, probably acrylic fingernails? I do get a lovely tropical note underneath, but the screechy nail salon air is always there. I love Fracas and other tuberose scents, but Do Son is too much of something, not sure what.

rinz09
rinz09

A fresh soft melony tuberose. So yummy. It's very simple to wear. Though it does turn too melony in the beginning, to soften down it a gorgeous soft floral scent. Great intro to tuberose.

MadMadamMimm

I have been looking for an orange blossom scented perfume for a year and a half, and I have finally found it! The problem with most orange blossom perfumes is that the perfumier usually does not trust the public to know that orange blossoms do not smell at all like oranges. So orange blossom perfumes generally have orange oil added to them, to make them smell more citrus-y. But then they no longer smell like orange blossom.

Do Son, on the other hand, has a lovely orange blossom scent, probably because it does not market itself as orange blossom perfume so much as a mix of orange blossom and tuberose, so nobody felt the need to ruin it with orange oil. It is also very long lasting. I ride a bike to work, and many perfumes have worn off from the wind by the time I arrive at my office. Do Son lasts through my entire day, and my bike ride home as well.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

FRACAS, FRACAS, FRACAS. If u like FRACAS you will also like this one. I enjoyed it, but was also a little bit afraid of it. It is a sweet, oriental fragrance. Not too cloying. Somebody mentioned a vision of black lacquered jewelry box with white pearls inside. I agree.

beccamm
beccamm

I love this - even more so as it reminds me of the beautiful and discontinued (in the UK anyway) Giorgio Armani Gio

amyewest
amyewest

Strongly coconut tuberose and that's all. None of the spicy musky base I was hoping for. A lovely tuberose to be sure and I might get it if I ever use up Narcotic Venus, but as is, it's not different enough to get.

craftyminx
craftyminx

Beautiful on the test strip. On me, though, the tuberose EXPLODES into a headache-inducing mess. It's just too intense for me. It's a shame, because I really like Eau Duelle and L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. But this one just isn't going to work.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

I’m one of those people who secretly wear tuberose at home by myself, because everyone else thinks of bathroom cleaner when I wear them out. This is the first and only tuberose that I can wear out in public!

Most tuberose fragrances, I have in my collection in order to appreciate and admire them as works of olfactory art (I love the rubbery kink in Fracas, the magic buoyancy of Beyond love…). But Diptyque are geniuses, they’ve created a fresh, stemmy, vegetal, and very bright! tuberose that I could douse myself with and happily wear out into the world, AND NOT OFFEND.

Like other reviewers, I also detect jasmine. Is that what makes it feel so fresh and bright? Merci, Diptyque!

aokiwen
aokiwen

diptyque just make me believe tuberose can be very beautiful and fresh! big love!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Do Son is a very light and thin version of Truth or Dare from Madonna. Light summery tuberose.

katiesimpsonhair

I have just bought this to be put away for Christmas for myself and discovered it in Selfridges i sprayed it and thought wow that's amazing and gorgeous, it smells very holiday and oriental and warm but soft and pretty just what i need in the cold winter month. Cant wait to unwrap.

spidola
spidola

Never say never! I I did not love tuberose before, bu learned to love it....even more...now I adore tuberose.I understood that one can not rule out a note and be sure it's the right choice. I understood there is a great difference between tuberose and tuberose. Depends always how the notes are balanced and which components have been added to the tuberose. I really like Do Son (bright, floral tuberose). Accompanied by the gourmand notes that encumber the whole composition IMO, instead neroli, rose, musk, jasmine, gardenia make it irresistible. At least for my nose…

Do Son is absolutely beautiful white floral scent - fresh, bright, sophisticated! Suitable for any beautiful woman. I say beautiful, because I guess every woman who feels to be beautiful, is beautiful and this is the only needed characteristic for wearing Do Son with elegance this perfume deserves!

polkadotpaws
polkadotpaws

I couldn't agree more with the last reviewer. I was given an EDP vial to try at home thinking I may have better luck with it than the EDT, but found that it was too much for a white floral fragrance. It's an obnoxiously loud tuberose fragrance. It's just so imbalanced. At the store the SA spritzed some EDT on my skin which unfortunately did not agree with my skin at all. The EDT turned sour once it came upon contact with my skin. Haven't experienced a Diptyque fragrance that wows me. Most of them smell weird to me.

ZeeZee6
ZeeZee6

Well, it's certainly a white floral scent, isn't it? There is no mistaking that!
I had this scent given to me as a gift from relatives visiting, and was well aware that the Do Son is a good quality perfume, so I was grateful for the gift.

Problem is, I sort of hate it as a perfume, which is odd, because I generally really like white florals. I was trying to figure out why I was so adverse to it for a long time, and I finally realized that it is the very thing that I love about white florals which I grew to really dislike in this frag...it's because it is so heavily white floral that I cannot wear it : There is no nuance, no subtlety, no layering except for layer upon layer of floral....no peppercorn, no musk (I am kind of annoyed that others can pick this up and I can't , I really wanted to. I tried. I waited. The dry down on me was nauseatingly sweet, much to my disappointment.)

The scent is so clean and precise and perfect in its tuberose that it puts me off. How linear it is , this is what is offputting to me. There is no intimacy with this linearity, there is none of that magic for me which occurs when you spray, wait, and then an intesting transformation happens...none of that. Just a cold white sweetness which I cannot associate to nature at all. Truly, a pity. I would buy a watch or a phone from a house which is so precise, but not a perfume. There's no fun or scandal or naughtiness in Do Son. It is so serious, it is too serious. I wear my heart on my sleeve but I do not want to wear my perfume like I wear my heart, necessarily. I want some mystery, a little enigmatic je ne sais quoi kissing my skin....

Am I a horrible person for using it as a room spray on occasion? It is beautiful when spritzed on a lightbulb, on some freshly laundered bedsheets. But for going out, I cannot wear this, it feels weirdly 'old' on me, and I am not even 'young' , really.

And it lasts. Oh, how it lasts. Better for those who love it, I suppose.

ultracat
ultracat

When I try to remember which tuberose fragrances I own, I always forget Do Son. I'm not totally sure why this is. Maybe because of the three - Do Son, Nuit de Tuberose, and Beyond Love - Do Son is the least tuberosey somehow. It's not very "dirty" - more like tuberose washed in a mountain stream (though it's not a water/aquatic smell at all, at least not to me). It's got a sharp note to it that makes it less heady the other two tuberose fragrances on my shelf. It's really exotic-smelling, like Thai fruits and flowers at a night bazaar. Much lighter than Beyond Love, and without the pepper of Nuit de Tuberose. Very pretty. I should wear this more often.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

~* Review for the Eau de Toilette *~

Diptyque is a great house for easy to wear fragrances, at least for me they are. They have turned a difficult note into something that is easily lovable. I'm a big fan of tuberose, so I had to try it out. Do Son is a softer green tuberose, that is quite pretty. Very fresh slightly creamy. I love how the orange blossom blends with it giving it a little more zest. Overall it is great tuberose fragrance that will not offend anyone, since it is light and crisp.

It has great lasting power and a good sillage I can smell Do Son on myself most of the day, which is something I really like about it. This fragrance is not too challenging and is quite simple. Maybe a little to simple for my tastes. I will need to try out the Eau De Parfum variation to see if this scent is really one that is meant for me to fall for.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Signing the review under

I can only judge the true tuberosiness of Do Son based on what I have in my own collection: luckily for me, it does not smell like Fracas or Fracas similars.
First of all, it starts sweet the way I like it.
It starts like Orange Blossom Jo Malone and has a tropical softness and bitternes of orange flower of the jasmine of Temple Tree Jasmine Thymes. This is just enough of the tuberose for me, no more is needed.
There is also something else going on here that becomes more clear later in the drydown:
have anyone thought that there is a touch of civet in Do Son, and this is what makes all peakes smoothed out so well?
A rather tenacious drydown has the animalistic tendencies of Regal Boadicea de Victorious, Chanel#5 and Jean Patous, and some other aimalistic creations.
Pink pepper note(in combo with civet) is what makes it a heavy fragrance for me similar to what this heavy combo does to my stomack in Eau Emotionnelle Agent Provocateur. I do not suggest a load of civet, but a toach of civet is present in Do Son.

woodlandwalk

I never thought I'd love a tuberose perfume, but this is gorgeous.

I'd heard that people who find tuberose difficult might be converted by Do Son, and now I understand why. The tuberose is softened, greener, lighter and not at all strident as tuberose perfumes often are. It still has that 3D feel though, and is slightly buttery like over-whipped, unsweetened cream.

It has a delicious, light, musky dry-down, it's been complimented by a few people already and I've only had it for three days! One friend said it reminded him of honeysuckle, and there is a pleasing sweetness to this. The person below describes a strawberry smell, and I can see what they mean, though it's not remotely sickly/sweet and fruity, it has what I'd describe as succulence.

I wore it to a music festival and with the late summer sun shining hazily among the trees this perfume seemed perfect. I'd even wear it in winter as it has a definite presence and depth, while being uplifting.

Silage and longevity are perfect, it lasts on clothes a few days and on skin for around 5 hours. It wafts softly and doesn't have the hard edge I associate with stronger tuberose perfumes. (Very glad to have a full bottle of the EDT, I might find the EDP too strong)

Cams
Cams

This fragrance is absolutely lovely - I've been flirting with Diptyque and based on this gem we can start a full blown relationship! Its gloriously floral but not head-ache inducing and with impressive sillage. I was strolling down the street in the EDT and this lady almost chased me down to ask what I was wearing and when I told her she asked me where she could find it ;) A must-try!

leathermountain
leathermountain

I smelled the EdT and the EdP today. The EdP is fantastic. Yes, it is practically a tuberose soliflore, but it is rich and compelling. The EdT, however, smells to me simple and synthetic. Try first.

zoeee
zoeee

I love Do son but the EDT it don't stay on me more of a morning!!?!? It's a bit annoying because of the price...

Also if you love tubereuse ( I don't know how you say that in english) you are gonna love this perfume.

I prefer wear it in winter because it's a bit too intense in sun days.

butterbean
butterbean

*I have the EDP

When I wear Do Son people around me ask - WHAT IS THAT BEAUTIFUL SCENT? I get that a lot.

Do Son at first spray is a blast of orange blossom, coupled with light fresh creamy tuberose.

I truly adore this scent.

This is a WELL blended fragrance. The musk and iris are so very well balanced.

My only complaint - 3 hours later it is gone on me. I am perplexed.

Very strong white floral without uniqueness. On my chemistry it smells very strong and while it lacks the horrid indole of most white florals and my skin, it isn't different enough to merit purchase. It is also very loud on me, screaming LUSH TROPICAL!!!! SMELL ME!!! Which isn't my personality either.
EDIT: Tried again years later and it is actually much calmer, a light creamy tuberose still lacking indole thank goodness. Still not a favorite, but much nicer than that first trial.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

This has all the elements a floral should have without the usual sharp edges you get from most mainstream compositions. I get more gardenia than tuberose, but I love gardenia so I don't mind. Very feminine floral! Beautiful! Could be my go to Gardenia!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Tuberose as soon as I came near the bottle. Very clean tuberose with no creaminess. Strong sillage and I'm guessing, the longevity must be long. I know this is a favourite among perfumistas but it is too sharp for me. I need a little creaminess to soften the edges.

One spray on strip,
Sillage: two feet
Longevity: about 5 hours

suzrwin
suzrwin

A solid, if fairly linear, realistic and beautiful tuberose. She's the belle of the ball and doesn't want to share the room with anyone else, and in Do Son's case, it works, precisely because she IS so beautiful that all you want to do is enjoy her presence and hers alone.

As a tuberose devotee, I'm glad to have Do Son in my tuberose lineup.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Do Son by Diptyque is a scent that seems to operate on a separate and altogether higher plain.

Somehow it is set apart from the fray of normal fragrances, unwilling to compete on other perfumes’ terms.

It is sweet, floral, resinous and linear but in a way that defies the other aromas that normally accept these adjectives.

It starts almost as it ends, with a digitally clear tuberose levitating above orange flower, all the time being held aloft by an improbably clean benzoin.

In the depths of the floral heart there are tea roses and a buttery iris that adds a creamy complexion.
Much further in and towards the end there is a little musk.

None of which does justice to the piece as a whole.

This is a work of elusive, yet embracing and ethereal excellence.

***

Being above the cut and thrust of normal things Do Son will not concern itself overly with petty questions of gender.

scandi
scandi

I get lots of wonderful tuberose but somehow it still feels new, like a scent I haven't experienced before. If I were forced to chose a perfume it's similar to I'd say the first top notes of Jo Malones Earl grey and cucumber. It stays pretty linear throughout the day and although it's not heavy it still makes you aware that it's near. I would almost like to taste this. This is very easy to wear although I would personally use it during the day. It's very classy, a little subdued but quirky and intresting. Longevity is ok, lasts 3-4 hrs on me, a bit longer on my clothes. Both the Edt and Edp are nice but the Edp made a much stronger impression on me. Would I buy a full bottle? The jury's still out.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I would like to start off by saying that Diptyque are master craftsmen. This is not high street bubble gum florals for the masses, this is niche genius by a house who creates each fragrance with love and care.
Every fragrance Diptyque creates is perfection, they never make mistakes. Every note is pure and blended with carefully selected ingredients which result in heavenly frags and Do Son is no exception.
Tuberose is the main note and it is beautiful, soft and creamy. I smell a faint trace of rose but primarily it's a gorgeous heavenly tuberose and pepper scent.
Diptyque frags last a very long time on my skin and Do Son sits on my skin for hours on end. Heavenly, gorgeousness envelopes me all day long and calms my troubled soul. I am transported to springtime where life is just beginning again.
I cannot praise this niche house enough!
Diptyque make perfumes for those die hard perfumistas who appreciate olfactory art. If Diptyque were an artist it would be Monet.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Diptyque can't get it wrong, can they? They are devoted to providing us with something more than a scent - a memory, an impression. So many women are looking for the ultimate, sexy, dominatrix fragrances. This is the opposite.
If there was one fragrance I could describe as "good and caring", it would be it. The least sinful of them all.

I sprayed Do Son on my wrist 2 hours ago and it's still quite strongly Tuberose-y. Now, I do think it's a little bit too femminine for my liking and a little bit too flowery/sweet (I'm very much into greenish-white florals) however that doesn't mean I'm going to write a negative review. Because I simply can't!

It's a lovely scent, captures tuberose perfectly. Starts off with a heady rose, pink pepper is wonderful in it, at this point the fragrance has started going a little more creamy, warm and close to skin. When I sniff my wrist I imagine a truly loving person wearing it, someone really carying with a warm heart, like a loving daughter that brings fresh flowers for her mother and then goes off to a high tea with her smart and wonderful girlfriends.

Now, I don't think it's a sexy scent. I think the best word for it is 'loving'. Very well done. A perfect wedding day fragrance.
(11)

A huge, overwhelming wash of tuberose buries all other notes. That being said, it's a really great tuberose scent, lush, dense and fresh, without the moth-ball indole notes and with a nicely sweet-tart edge. But those who do not like white florals or tuberose should walk on by

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I liked Do Son EDP the first time I smelled it. I was planning to buy Frederic Malle Carnal Flower then but discovered this Tuberose based fragrance. I found it just as good if not better than Carnal Flower, especially because the base notes Y'lang Y'lang, melon and coconut in Carnal Flower were replaced with Benzoin and musk in Do Son EDP. Another good thing was the price difference among the two fragrances as Carnal Flower was selling for US$300/50ml while Do Son US$150/75ml and I sure knew how to make the decision.

I was convinced that I was smelling a rich, natural jasmine in the opening of Diptyque DO SON, but jasmine is not listed among the notes. The note in question does not smell to me like orange blossom (which is listed), as it is not at all sweet.

To my nose this is a big white flower bouquet, with tuberose as only one of the participants. I definitely do not regard DO SON as a tuberose soliflore, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare this composition to FRACAS, CARNAL FLOWER, and BEYOND LOVE, since it's in a completely different category. Someone has compared DO SON to Estée Lauder Private Collection TUBEROSE GARDENIA, which makes much more sense to me, since that creation has at least as much gardenia as tuberose--if not more.

Needless to say, DO SON is a white-flower-lovers only perfume. Don't even think about getting near this powerhouse unless you are prepared to dive into a billowy abundance of white flowers! DO SON is like a huge feather bed built from white flower petals. They are soft and silky and slightly cool against the skin, and their scent fills the entire room. There is not a speck of dirt anywhere on this petal bed--it's as clean as can be, not at all sharp, and more fresh than creamy.

Solid perfume compact review:

Today I am testing the eau de parfum, but I own the solid perfume of DO SON, and I must say that it is a delight on all fronts. In fact, Diptyque's solid compact is probably my favorite of those of various houses which I own and have seen. (Putting Miller Harris, the worst of the worst packagers of solid perfume, to shame!) The vessel is a glossy black enamel covered metal with an engraving of the house graphic on the top which snaps onto the bottom half. The compact comes in a gray felt-like fold-over sleeve and is sold in an attractive black box. The presentation is incredibly sleek and weighty and, equally important, the texture and strength of the solid perfume are perfect. I've tried some concrets which are too hard and others which are too soft, but this one is just right. I highly recommend the solid format from this house. The black enamel-coated metal case would be worth having to look at and touch even if it had no perfume inside!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Green, light, with a slight hothouse feel to it, Do Son is a surprisingly restrained tuberose fragrance, which is what makes it special in my opinion. It smells like dewy exotic flowers and leaves early in the morning of what will be a humid and sunny day in a hot climate. While still definitely a tuberose scent, you certainly feel the softness of the iris and rose, which put the normally boisterous tuberose into a corset. It kind of makes me think of British colonialists in the Far East attempting restraint somewhere so beautiful and unruly.
This is a sheer floral, and I think it would actually be wonderful in late Spring and throughout the summer. If you find tuberose too strong normally, definitely give this a try, it's a gorgeous and different interpretation.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

I am biased on my review and preference for this scent because it reminds me of my childhood--actually to this day my grandmother still put tuberose bouquets around her house and I just love the warm association Do Son brings me.
Anyway it's very soft and quiet for a tuberose. It glides easy, it's very noticeable but not overpowering, and it's the most realistic tuberose perfume I've ever had--everything else had been always too floral.

clover.chen
clover.chen

loved this fragrance at first. it was so fresh and green, it evoked a sense of being in the cool rainy tropics in the summer. it was a comfortable and familiar smell that reminded me of childhood. but what made me hate this scent and will not buy it was when i was sitting on a bus and i could smell this scent turning into this awful headaching stifling smell. it wasnt a particularly warm day but not cold either, i didnt spray a lot too. i can even sense the man sitting beside me feeling uncomfortable around the smell. good thing i was out in the open air not soon after and it disappeared in no time. maybe my skin just isnt compatible with diptyque since another popular scent, l'ombre also turned vile on me.

I am somewhat taken aback by how fresh and green this fragrance is. I find Do Son to be a very natural interpretation of tuberose and orange blossom, with an interesting and unique watery accord, which leans slightly towards an aquatic.

For those that like their florals fresh and clean, Do Son would make an excellent choice for Spring and Summer wear. It's very likable in the way that the composition remains straight-forward and simple. While for some its basic nature may be off-putting, I find it quite refreshing that Do Son doesn't feel the need to constantly surprise me.

While I enjoy smelling Do Son in my surroundings, it's not the kind of white floral that suits my personal tastes. Its light and crisp feel unfortunately reminds me of an air freshener. I can't seem to shake off this connection.

The drydown, while still quite watery and floral, introduces a beautiful white musk accord. This blend smells rather comforting on the skin. I am pleased to say that Do Son holds its strength from beginning to end. A true sillage Queen.

The overall feel that I get from Do Son is not unlike a Spring garden after rainfall, or an antique bathroom stocked with powder and floral soaps. It's a relatively 'pure' fragrance, hardly the suggestive type.

Do Son's longevity is superb, and while I do enjoy the house of Diptyque, I am hoping that further exploration of this brand will lead me to something that doesn't remind me of an air freshener, which is not something that I aspire to smelling like.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

Tho it is not listed there frangipani IS definately there, and it is very noticeable giving to this scent that "swimming pool" kind of note, which along with the white flowers gives quite a polinesian or tahitian vibe to the scent. And thats why it has quite a lot of similarities with Annick Goutal Songes, another fragrance featuring that odd and very noticable note that frangipani is. I'd say Songes is way sweeter, way deeper also way more dense, as it has that yummy vanilla base that Do Son has not. I'd say Do Son is more about the frangipani blast in your nose, with some timid tuberose in the background, but nothing like other rich, dense, big tuberose fragrances like Fracas or Miller Harris Noix de Tubereuse. This Tubereuse is quite shy, small, there in the background sweetening the frangipani which lays on top, way louder. Do Son is also more linear and i'd say, simple than Songes, also kind of "fresher" not being a fresh fragrance per se. Quite summery tho given the swimming pool polinesian touch. While in Songues the frangipani is kinda wrapped inside a whole lot of white flowers and vanilla that soften it a lot (which i like as i find frang. good but in small amounths), in Do son it is the protagonist laying on top of the rest...and thats why i like it, but..ñeh..not fully convinced.

In few words, Songes is way a more interesting complex and luxurious interpretation of a polinesian summer afternoon, when the hair starts to refresh, and the intoxicating scent of all the huge white flowers star to emerge from the warm ground after they have been melting down the hottest sun at the feet of the ocean. Do Son would be the same, but in the daytime..the mornings in the swimming pool of the hotel with a hit of the rich scents of the flowers of the island in the breeze while you get sunburnt haha! However....i want it cause i really like it...Songes is one of my favorite perfumes and none smelling similar to it will ever beat it. But I'd be very very happy wearing Tam dao in the mornings and songes in the evenings of the hottest spanish days

Longevity..psche, in about 3h it vanishes.

scentedrat
scentedrat

It's pretty, but for me it is too much tuberose. I really can't smell anything else, and it becomes overwhelming on my skin. I think this would be one I would enjoy smelling on others, just not on me.

cryptic
cryptic

Do Son is more wearable to me than Fracas, which, much as I love it, seems to demand a level of glamour and a certain attitude. Do Son also has a quirky green note along with the tuberose that lightens up the whole composition for me. Perhaps that's why Diptyque classifies this as unisex.

On the whole, Do Son is one of the few tuberose frags that I like for everyday use, as opposed to evening or special occasion wear. It stays fairly close to the skin on me, unlike the bigger tuberoses, but is quite long-lasting. This would be a good tuberose to try for anyone who enjoys the note but finds the "loud and proud" standards too heavy. Bonus: Diptyque is one of the cheaper niche lines.

nin-lil
nin-lil

I have solid parfume. Soft, easy, comfortable.

longevity... 8-10 hours
silliage... 7/10
scent...5/10

angel6

Very soft and fresh tuberose, to my nose smells very close to Estee Lauder Private collection Tuberose Gardenia, but Do Son is more musc and less creamy than PCTG. I love both of them.

adrienn99
adrienn99

another white flower fragrance turned chemical on my skin - if you are prone to have this effect , sample first. smells good otherwise.

candymarie
candymarie

Do Son is a dead ringer for Sung by Alfred Sung which seems to me a lighter, softer descendent of White Shoulders. So perhaps a little derivative?

Theheartoftheflower
Theheartoftheflower

This is to me true summer fragrance.
I smell mostly tuberose and white musk, in a very soft and fresh way. When I need a bit of a summer feeling during the winter, I spray this one on.
Love this one!!

Cereza
Cereza

Ahh, this is so perfect warm tuberose that there is no way I could dislike it. It's a love from the first sniff, it's tuberose, yes, many are afraid of it, but I could suggest this one. Do son is a little bit "in your face", but the tuberose here is so smooth, soft and gentle that it's hard to resist it's inviting power.
Extremely amazing and, yes, I'm in love.

adele l
adele l

Definitely a woman's fragrance. A very pretty tuberose, simple and linear, not too overpowering on me

Sissi
Sissi

Maybe it's me or Tuberose and Gardenia
have a same distinct smell a scent that is sweet with a tangy sourness at the
very end. the other notes are hard to detect like Rose iris and Benzoin but
orange Blossom slips quietly though the
notes the finishing part is of musk
pervasive amounts of it.
it smells almost like Lavin's Rumour
with the Dominering Tuberose effect.

but it conjoures up nostalgia like a
1920's Colonial Indochina a tea party is going on while your mother is busy
conversing with old friends bored with
idile coversation gentily walks upstares
to her mothers room a vast room with black laqcard canopy bed frame with lavish white silk pillows and sheets
with an exotic oriental finished ebony
latticed windows with white diaphous curtains you smell the intoxicating
scent of gardenias blowing in the breeze and you notice an elegant jewelery box and you see pearls white beautiful pearls.

An Occidental elegance in a Oriental
world.

Bouquet
Bouquet

At last, a very wearable soft, fresh tuberose!

fpih
fpih

This is an amazing fragrance. Simple tuberose but very soft and easily wearable. There is nothing heavy or heady in this, nor the usual nauseating sweetness found in many tuberose/honeysuckle/jasmine scents. It's fresh and light, perfect for spring or even a sunny winter day. It lifts my mood every time I put it. Lasting power is good, 6-8 hours on me, but it stays close to skin all the time. Have to get a bottle soon!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Do Son fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque Do Son, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Do Son by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Do Son by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.