Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Geranium odorata Diptyque for women and men
dislike

herbal
Geranium odorata Diptyque for women and men Pictures

Geranium odorata by Diptyque is a Floral fragrance for women and men. Geranium odorata was launched in 2014. The fragrance features bergamot, geranium, pink pepper, tonka bean, vetiver and cedar.

Bergamot Geranium Pink Pepper Tonka Bean Vetiver Cedar

nordhaul

Underwhelming sweet creamy floral

azh
azh

Agree that there is something that smells like rose here.

EmmaSmells
EmmaSmells

Diptyique's 'Geranium Ordorata' is very beautiful and will be adored by geranium lovers but... this is a poor man's 'Geranium Por Monsieur' by Frederic Malle. Save your time and money to get the latter. It's a simplistic yet breathtaking ode to a Heavenly geranium. Diptyique's geranium is pretty, but Frederic Malle's is utterly amazing.

spumyland
spumyland

Fragranza estiva!...
Partenza acida e frizzante con un geranio misto a rosa e un bergamotto esagerato.
un bergamotto che copre anche il vetiver.
anche se si attenua dopo un po', rimango con un misto di detergente per pavimenti e spray repellente antizanzara alla citronella.

Sicuramente le zanzare le tiene lontane ma in commercio esistono migliori lozioni ad un prezzo inferiore.
Un esempio:
autan,
vape,
Z care,
off!
E Autan (tropical)a mio parere il piu versatile.

Consiglio anche di non bere alcolici,vestirsi di bianco, non lasciare le finestre aperte con la luce accesa di notte
e di farsi un paio di amici pipistrelli...

Diptyque stavolta a pensato alla nostra salute e a quella dei nostri animali.
Grazie...

Ps:ok il drydown, breve ma buono.

gelo999
gelo999

Mix glib, very synthetic and unconvincing to my nose.

Summary: citrus with a prominent note of a garish geranium, unsubtle and ill-balanced with soft background vetiver.

Example: this is how the juices we buy in supermarkets carry orange and say this does not appear anywhere. Only a scent of orange powders are poorly mimicked that detect, for Geranio odorata is something.

Rating: 2

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Nothing more than a barely decent and kind of loud (not to say screechy) synthetic geranium scent with a rose nuance and a dull cedar-ambery base, also tinged with a whiff of something reminding me of ambergris – something salty, musky and slightly animalic. Maybe some incense too. No relevant evolution and quite a long, annoyingly artificial persistence. I wouldn’t define it “tragic” but it is really a bit too much close to an overpriced floor cleaner or a really, really cheap mainstream fragrance to make some sense as a niche perfume – especially for the price.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this is a slightly peppery geranium with bergamot primarily. very citrussy and fresh. it's a warm summer day and this seems like a great scent for this weather, though personally, i'm not sure i'd wear it any other time of year. i would love to smell this in a shower gel.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Pretty smell, but not for a body fragrance. Stayed "detergenty" on me. Parts of it I liked though. So I'd use it on things; pillows, sheets, clothes, sachets, air, but not my skin.

lovelyhazel
lovelyhazel

Not quite actual geranium leaves, but fairly close! A bit soapy and rosy, with a little dash of cedar and pepper. I like this a lot. Wears close, but I tested dabbed.

sphynxcat
sphynxcat

I really like this for summer. Bergamot and geranium are prominent initially and then the wood comes through softly in the drydown. I don't get the musk others have mentioned and would not like this frag if it did. It's fairly linear, uncomplicated and easy. I find it refreshing without smelling like "fresh and clean" laundry scents. Most fragrances will turn my stomach if worn during the wrong temperature or if already feeling ill. I haven't had this experience with this. It smells like an exotic citrus-ade that smells drinkable and thirst quenching. I happen to really like geranium: the rosy/tangy quality is uplifting. This fragrance doesn't last long on my skin and I find the projection recedes fairly quickly. I do think it's too pricey for what it is though.

cdresz
cdresz

What a heavenly geranium note. It goes on very light, very fresh. Within minutes your body temperature empowers and lifts the fragrance. Nobody smells like this, if you want a unique signature scent try this. I see why some people comment on a faint rose note, I get a slight gin note in here too? Just an absolute beautiful fragrance.

scarlett90601
scarlett90601

This starts off as a delightful blend of florals with geranium as its most pronounced note, sort of similar to Mrs. Mayers's cleaning products in (what else?) the geranium scent. There is the unmistakable acidic kick of geranium which makes it unique and different from generic soft florals. It then settles down into a soft, sweet musky scent reminiscent of Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au The Vert. All in all, it is a pleasant enough scent but wasn't quite as exciting as I'd hoped. I think a decant is good enough for me.

The news of a geranium-centered fragrance by Diptyque got me all warm and fuzzy but, with much of my surprise, the house didn't nail it…at least not completely.

Yes, I smell a nice geranium note. More of the aromatic quality than the rosy one (phew!). Sadly, the main accord is supported by a white-musky thing that immediately brings to mind of house detergents or, if you prefer, of generic, late 90s department store stuff.

Ok, I made it sound worst than it actually is. Let's put it this way. This is a little pretty thing of pretty little interest.

Elisa S
Elisa S

A very straightforward, pleasant and natural smelling geranium/bergamot dominated fragrance (the geranium smells like a fresh/herbal, slightly spicy, rosy note).
Linear and simple, but well blended, soft and very wearable and refreshing in summer.
The bergamot adds freshness, but is soft, not too sharp. Though I would have prefered it to be less prominent.
The woody notes and tonka are not prominent, but mainly add a bit of depth to the fragrance, which make it smell good on skin.
Though I don't like it enough for a purchase, I do like it; to me it smells so much like a sunny and carefree summer day.

Amarie121
Amarie121

I adore this scent! Dry down is softly spicy and clean-it almost makes the air around you smell more clean! I had decided to make Diptyque Rose my "signature", and when I finally went to purchase it, I tried a sample of this. I bought the candle of this frag on the spot! By the next week, I called to order this as well. It is so unusual!

I typically like soft, sweet rose scents with a touch of musk. This is unlike anything I have ever tried! You must ignore the top notes-they are sharp/medicinal and nothing like the final dry down. (File this under: "Don't judge a book by its cover.")

Wearing it during the day is not enough-I have a robe that I spray with this before I go to sleep. Recently, I had been bedridden and was still in my robe in the afternoon when a friend came over-she leaned in for a hug and exclaimed that I smelled SO good! (It lasts well on clothing.) She has been my friend 17 years and this is the first fragrance she asked about.

Now, I'd love to keep it my secret, but I try to do unto others as I'd like them to do to me, and wearing this makes me feel so fresh, clean and pretty I have to share about it! (I agree that there is rose in it-the candle of this scent is called Geranium Rosa. Try wearing Diptyque Rose lotion under this to bring out the sweet rose, or Diptyque body balm to bring a deeper "wood" note to it.)

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

Like Lush's Flower Barrow, Geranium Odorata is a linear green, rosy geranium frag but with less potency. I think it's just okay.

Catnip
Catnip

I love geraniums. I love the contrast between the bright-colored blossoms and the green leaves. On numerous occasions, as a child and now, I have rubbed the leaves between my fingers just so I can feel that very specific spicy, green aroma. Geranium Odorata doesn't manage to convey the complexity of the scent perfectly. What it is could be summed up as: fresh, green, and citrusy, even lemony. In fact, as it develops on my skin, the citrus becomes more prominent for some reason. It would be an uplifting, not-in-your-face, citrusy summer scent, but I don't know if I would recommend it as a geranium fragrance necessarily.

(Demeter has a vintage Geranium scent that actually smells very much like the green leaves of this plant.)

EDIT: I just remembered that I have a small bottle of geranium oil. On the label, it says, "Oleum Geranii." It's from Europe. It has the same citrusy note I found in Geranium Odorata.

Evamomma
Evamomma

This scent reminds me of Eau Rose with much less soapiness. I realize there are not any rose notes but I could swear that I smell at least a touch of rose. I can smell this for at least 5 hours without having to sniff my wrist. It changes into a clean inoffensive scent within 15 minutes. Very nice for spring and summer.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Geranium odorata fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque Geranium odorata, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Geranium odorata by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Geranium odorata by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.