Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

The One Essence Dolce&Gabbana for women

The One Essence Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
The One Essence Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana presents the new version of the feminine fragrance The One from 2006. The One Essence comes out in September 2015 as the highest concentration of original composition. It is described as the scent of warmth, elegance and luster, inspired by luxurious materials.

The composition retains the original notes. It begins with fresh bergamot, mandarin, peach and litchi. The heart unfolds with white flowers of jasmine and lily and turns into the warm base of amber, vetiver and vanilla.

The fragrance is presented in a luxurious and elegant version of the original bottle. It is available as 40 and 65 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Peach Litchi

Jasmine Lily Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Amber Vanilla

The One Collector For Women
The One

The One Essence Fragrance Reviews

Arezoobaran1371
Arezoobaran1371

It doesnt have any staying power. Poor sillage as well.

miza norizan
miza norizan

Warm and comforting, a bit decadence. I feel 'rich' wearing it. It smells... expensive. I love this and would consider buying the full size.

iamoir
iamoir

There is a serious possibility for me being anosmic to the fragrance and/or my skin not liking it. Either way I will add my opinion because it could be helpful to some.

Sprayed this once or twice on my wrists and forgot about it, wandering in the shop. Nothing reaches my nose. If i try hard, something slightly sweet and vanillary is barely evident. What the heck? Asked for a mini sample, intrigued now, because...: "no way, i can't be anosmic to a perfume, not yet!" - screams inside and withholds tear.

Decided to test it thoroughly, without any other perfume intervening. My nose was stuck on my wrists through the testing. Starts freshly and yummy, pleasant fruity scent; well as the top notes indicate it is supposed to start fruity. Cannot tell which fruit is more prominent. Sadly, I smell no peach... I would have worn it for the peach if vanilla was aromatic and bearable.

After the fruit part it turns grassy and then reminiscent of pistachio. Vanilla does show but it feels weak on the skin, I mean I don't want a gourmandy vanilla, but this vanilla is non-existent. The drydown basically on my skin is a balmy soft faint pistachio vanilla cream. Smells cozy and comforting. Nothing groundbreaking. Nothing new. Not juicy at least.

Finished my mini sample wearing the scent behind my ears and fully on my neck, I even applied it on the temples and my forehead, weird I know, but i had to test if my partner, who kisses there too, will comment on anything. Nope. Nothing. That's why i think that my skin "eats up" the perfume. Nobody else commented on what I'm wearing, no sillage, no trail, no nothing.

White floral? Amber? No way...
Fruity? Citrus? Yes but only for a little period of time.
Powdery? Didn't detect anything.
Vanilla? Kind of, faint, poor.

It's not for me. If it works for you, rock it.

villey91
villey91

I don't get what makes this an oriental floral because to me this is just fruity vanilla/musk/amber. I love orientals and florals and usually despise fruity scents because overall they are so cheap smelling and of course cheap to make. But big BUT I really love this scent. It reminds me of some of my facial and body skincare stuff. So everytime I wear this I feel like I've just left a spa! And who doesn't love that feeling. For me this is a daytime scent and perfect for work occations where you will be in some sort of office setting etc. The scent is very light. There is mainly juicy peach notes with some warm vanilla white musk amber undertones. Don't mistake this as a heavier version for The One, this is literally the essence of it, the warm undertones of it. Pretty safe choice for anyone anywhere. Impressed that it is so well made even if it is 90% fruit scent. But after all it's Dolce & Gabbana.

mrspowell
mrspowell

I am somewhat disappointed on this fragrance. The Introduction statement for The One Essence says that it is "The highest concentration of original composition" so I was expecting it to be concentrated. This fragrance smells and feels just like The One, it has the same sillage and longevity. I compared both fragrances "side by side".

jllunsfo
jllunsfo

I got a decanted sample of this one. I sprayed it and at once was blown away. I wanted so badly to like Hypnotic Poison, but on me it just didn't sit right. The One Essence is everything I wanted Hypnotic Poison to be. Both vanilla and jasmine, but the peach, vetiver and amber of The One Essence works much better for me than the plum, sandalwood and musk of Hypnotic Poison.

fraga92
fraga92

What are your opinions about this fragrance's similarity with The One Desire?

Chic scent for a night out! It's oriental, but flowers can be smelled too. I like it, but it's too peachy for me.

HillTop
HillTop

It's heavenly. Very similiar to my beloved L'eau the One, the former EdT version of The One. This perfume is luxury, feminine and warm.
You are wrapped in a cloud of a luscious peach, smooth white flowers and powdery vanilla. All mixed up sensual and warm, so you feel always dressed up. Wearable on any occasion. When I first bought I couldn't even stop sniffing myself. I got so many compliments for this and it lasts for more than 10 hours on my skin, on clothes even longer. Bottle is also beautiful and upscale.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Tried this today and I like it, I usually dislike the one scents as visible from my previous reviews but this one surprised me. It is warm rich and creamy vanilla amber, I think it is nice. Still a very safe option perfume nothing unique but it smells expensive classy warm rich and creamy. I will buy it when I see it going for cheap. Smells absolutely nothing like Elie Saab couture- that is one of my new found favourite fragrances and it is a citrus sweet, this is rich creamy floral- they are nothing alike. This is sophisticated and classy smelling, Elie Saab although classy is more feminine and innocent and has an edge- I honestly cannot see how they are alike in notes nor 'feel' maybe it depends on the individual skin chemistry.

scent- 5/10
Longevity-4/10
Silage-5/10
Bottle-6.5/10

dglightblue
dglightblue

I'd have to agree with auroramaria for some parts.
I'd add that essence is creamy with an edge. Has a very similar scent to dg the one, similar lasting power, very nice. I'd better try it on its own though, and get a truer feel for it, as I've got something else in the other arm

Vilma.Vi
Vilma.Vi

I love this scent. The smell is very delicate, but characteristic. The scent is really lovely, but the longivity is poorer than I expected, I think the price is too high.

sweefa
sweefa

I got this as a gift and well... I don't hate it. But it always makes me think this could be an Yves Rocher christmas fragrance as well. Sweet, powdery, vanillish and orangey but somewhat inconsistent and alas a bit stale in the end. Longevity is about 6 hours. Very close to the skin in the end. I wear it at home sometimes for it's not really unpleasant but I'd never buy this myself. It is hugely overpriced imho.

I am puzzled as what Dolce Gabbana attempted to do with Essence, it smells exactly like the original, so what is the point really!? I don't get more flowers or less of anything, same rich vanilla creaminess..if you own the original there is no point in getting Essence..I can't tell them apart. Very much alike l' Eau the one too...nice longevity, it smells lovely.

Agata654
Agata654

I got this one recently... And it's lovely! I was wondering for a long time if I should again buy the classic The One or maybe Essence/Rose flankers... However The One Rose doesn't last long on my skin, I already had The One in past, so I decided to get this version...

The One Essence is very similar to The One, but definitely it has more emphasis on while floral notes (especially lily) and peachy sweetness. Also it feels super creamy and luxurious, just like the original version. I love it and I can't decide which one is better: this one or the classic version ;)

The only thing I'd change is the sillage - as the perfume is called "Essence" I'd expect the sillage to be rather heavy, not moderate... But apart from that: a great fragrance, it's one of these scents that most of people will appreciate... So it makes a great fragrance for going out :)

napiergirl
napiergirl

Im a huge fan of The One l'eau and this smells very similar ,although just a bit stronger and richer ...Love it ..in fact maybe smells even better the The One L'EAU...think i will quickly add it to my santa wish list .

I decided to give it a try and I'm quite surprised that it's actually good. Much better than the original The one. It's sweet and light, not cloying at all. Peach, vanilla and lily are the main notes, I can sense in this perfume. Floral notes are light, not sharp at all, fruity notes are sweet and tempting. In addition to that there's warm vanilla. Nice!

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

This is a well known fragrance, similar to The One, but near identical to the gorgeous red The One Collector edition. I guess they tested the scent in ltd ed and now it's out for a bigger audience :)
Lily and lily-of-the-valley are fighthing the cloying sweetness of vanilla-peach-litchi notes with great results. Just one spray for a day wear is all that's needed for a.comforting aura that won't offend people near you, a bit more for a night, and it lasts. Sweet, warm, cuddly aand sexy.

Musky4
Musky4

This has all the things I usually go for in a perfume - it's sweet, feminine, warm and sexy. It includes some of my favourite notes such as peach, lychee, mandarin, vanilla and amber. The vetiver gives it that slightly bitter edge that stops it from becoming too cloying and the whole composition seems to be well balanced. When I first tried it I expected it to be a bit of a sillage monster, due to the warmth and richness of this scent, plus the fact that this is described as an essence, containing a high concentration of ingredients.
Not so. Whilst the lasting power was moderate, say a few hours on me, it was very much a skin-scent from the start. After about four or five hours I couldn't smell it at all. It is a lovely smelling perfume but the strength is disappointing.

daisy25
daisy25

It's absolutely great!I fell in love with it!Actually it reminded me dolce gabbana l'eau the one a little bit,which i loved so much!My husband loves this perfume!It's sweet,elegant,feminine!

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Un bel giglio ambrato morbido, dolce e vellutato.
Il profumo è un fiorito languido, gradevole, convenzionale, purtroppo totalmente privo di sillage e persistenza. Senza corpo.
Sparisce nel nulla in pochissimi minuti.
Peccato perchè nel complesso è piacevole ma la sua è una bellezza molto facile, superficiale, effimera.
Gigli e gelsomini che si annunciano gentili, senza picchi indolici, avvolti da misurata vaniglia e da un'ambra tiepida... e si spengono senza salutare.
Sorry.

Mas777
Mas777

I've got a sample. Nice fragrance, elegant, warm and feminine. Perfect on fall. But on my skin is very, very , very, very weak! :((
Longevity is really poor.
So,you have to test it well before purchase it. :(
For this reason, I also don't know its sillage and I'm waiting for other reviews :)

Lavincik
Lavincik

Amazing perfume, sweet and in the same time fresh, i love it.

auroramaria

Gorgeous! This is The One amped up ten times!Essence is very smooth def very sweet creamy and sultry very warm too.When you spray it it is like being wrapped up in a soft sweet cloud sillage is def a big one. and I assume longevity is pretty good since I have sprayed it two hours ago and it is still going strong.If you like original The One you will love Essence

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

I CAN'T WAIT <3

auroramaria

Douglas perfumeries here in Italy have this already so tomorrow I am going to test it! Prices are pretty high for this edition the 40ml is about 80 euros and the 65ml is 105 euros let us hope it is worth it

Parfum 1.3oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Essence Eau De Parfum for Women 1.4 oz
Dolce Gabbana The One Essence Eau De Parfum for Women 1.4 oz
The One by Dolce Gabbana Essence de Parfum Spray 2.1 oz for Women
The One by Dolce Gabbana Essence de Parfum Spray 2.1 oz for Women
The One Essence Perfume by Dolce Gabbana, 2.1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Dolce amp Gabbana The One Essence Ladies Edp Spray 1.4 Oz
Dolce gabbana Beauty 'Velvet Tender Oud' Eau De Parfum
Tanga.com
Dolce amp Gabbana the One Essence for Women 1.3 oz EDP
Dolce amp Gabbana the One Essence for Women 1.3 oz EDP

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One Essence by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One Essence by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.