Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

The One for Men Eau de Parfum Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

I have it: 1127 I had it: 137 I want it: 1014 My signature: 44

tobacco

Dolce & Gabbana launched The One for Men in 2008 as the fragrance intended to become a masculine classics. In 2015, The One for Men Eau de Parfum appears as an enhanced, denser version of the scent.

The elegant top notes of coriander, basil and grapefruit are leading to the heart where there is a warm blend of ginger, orange blossom and cardamom. Tobacco, sensual amber and cedar leave their mark at the base of the perfume.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum in a dark bottle of the original design. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge.

Grapefruit Coriander Basil

Tobacco Silk

The One for Men Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

tpatskuxx
tpatskuxx

The One opens with spices and hints of green and citrus which fold into a warm Tobacco-Amber base. On my skin I get the Cardamom, Grapefruit, Tobacco and Amber notes strongest.

Some people think the performance of this fragrance isn't strong enough, but personally I disagree. I get around 8 hours with this which is pretty good longevity for anything mainstream. Plus this is a dark, mysterious and alluring fragrance, and to this end, I think the silage works perfectly. If it were too strong and too loud it would contradict the character of this scent. This isn't a One Million type fragrance which suits beast performance, but rather, it is elusive and mysterious. It gives nothing away and makes someone actively try to get closer to you to get another whiff.

Versatility is high - good for every day use, work, dates (my girlfriend's favourite frag) and also formal events - basically any time in my opinion. Best used in cool or cold weather.

Considering all factors, I would rate this 9/10

Ourfrank

A beautiful skin scent. Not that much different than the original to me. But it does last a bit longer. It really could project better. But all on all i say if you have not tested this and are lookong for just a really unique and beautiful smelling fragrance, this is probably as good as it gets for a mass market frag. If yoi only owned this, chanel allure and dior homme you would be set.

John Wayne 86
John Wayne 86

Probably one of the best scents ever. Smells phenomenal and I love it. That said, it does not project much. Most people around me do not notice it, unless they get in very close. A perfect "date" scent.

Suekkk
Suekkk

If only D&G can find a way to make this fragrance projects more than it currently is with a better and more decent silage, this can be a masterpiece and might be the best worldwide best seller like ADG

Ivanus
Ivanus

Fragrance -The One EDP Dolce&Gabbana
Bottle from - 2016

It's the feeling you get when you are kissing for the first time a beautiful girl you love for a very long time, in front of The Trevi Fountain in The Eternal City of Rome.
It was a gift from a beautiful girl and that's how this fragrance makes me feel.Dolce&Gabbana The One edp is one of the best date scent on the planet.

Longevity - 7/10(7+hours)
Silage/projection -7/10(nice projection for the first 2-3 hours,silage also exist)
Weather -all time(Versatility-9/10)
Age - 20+
Compliments - 10/10
Scent - 10/10(amazing fragrance)

Main notes according to me -
amber,tobacco,ginger,grapefruit,cardamom.

The drydown is beautifull and i get some- sweetness,woodiness,amber and tobacco.

Emotions -sexy,romantic,love,sexy,romantic,love,sexy,romantic,love.

All around fragrance.Perfect for casual activities,office,
nights out,intimate nights,romantic evening,close encounters and dates.Could be a nice signature scent.I get compliments from men and women all day long.This is amazing.I really love this fragrance.Highly recommend this one.

cm250
cm250

This one's beautiful. Piss poor performance though. :(

Nawal.Ansari
Nawal.Ansari

One of the best smelling designer fragrances I have smelled yet. Opens up sparkly and fresh with the grapefruit and turns into a beautiful amber and tobacco base. This shines in the cold weather.

Smell - 10/10
Performance - 7/10
Presentation - 10/10

Go for EDP. Definitely an improvement over the EDT.

yasserk17
yasserk17

The one EDP it is one of my top 5 FRAGRANCES FOR EVER

OVER ALL 10/10

BLIND BUY ! AMAZING SEXY , SENSUAL SMELL

Ky1227
Ky1227

This frangrace was done perfectly in my opinion. I always thought the EDT was just okay with terrible performance but this one really brought the scent to life. All of the notes are amplified just enough that it mmakes a huge difference. Its a nice ambery tobacco with a citrus herbal top. I always felt that this had a bit of a cocktail vibe, definitely makes me want a rum drink or something. Can be worn any season and any occasion. Period.

I'm going to have to give this a 5/5, there is nothing I would change about it!

Chiru
Chiru

If you're in the middle of bitter divorce with your EDT version of The One, as you love her, but you hate her performance, then having a love affair with this EDP version may just be the best thing to happen to you.

The One, despite it's overwhelming popularity is still my signature scent, even though I'm very aware tons of people know of, or wear this scent. It's just that damn good and I (and women) cannot get enough of this juice. It's a delicate, masterfully blended harmony of tobacco, grapefruit, ginger and amber. The ginger-tobacco combo really makes this special as it adds character. The grapefruit adds the citrus note without making it sharp. It's probably one of the smoothest citrus notes I've experienced. What makes this scent so incredible is really just how delicate, subtle, and pleasing it is. It's so warm and comfy, so cuddley and sitting by the fireplace in a warm blanket, nice and toasty. Perfect for cold weather. This is an absolute lady-killer and a perfect date fragrance. This is perfect for intimate situations, and close encounters. This is not by any means a projection bomb. It's not loud, but very soft. It's a pretty minimal scent bubble around you, and people must be within half an arm to an arms distance to really smell it on you, but when they do, they just love it and want to hug you and smell you. God, just writing this review, I had to spray some on my wrist, and now this review is taking longer to write because I keep smelling myself. Really one of my all time favourite scents. A true masterpiece. I haven't enjoyed a scent this much since Encre Noir. I think I even like this better as far as selfish scents go. Encre Noir takes you on a fragrance journey where you write your own story, but this one makes me want to make love to my wrist, lol. This is pure sex.

So, performance. Hate to say it guys, but it's not a huge improvement from the EDT. But it IS an improvement. Smells almost identical to the original EDT, except maybe a little bit thicker, while the EDT is more airy. I'd agree with what others say, while the EDT maybe lasts 4 hours tops on you, this one will squeeze out another 1.5-2 hours or more depending on your skin, making for a respectable ~6 hours or so of longevity. Projection and silage are the about the same as before, not great, but longevity was improved. This is a close encounters scent afterall.

When it comes down to it, if you already have the EDT, don't buy the EDP, it's the same scent. Wait until you finish your EDT bottle first (which given how long it lasts, should be soon enough) then grab yourself an EDP. Or, buy the EDP if you're afraid of reformulations (and rightfully so- thanks a lot western houses and the IFRA) and want a backup bottle. However if you have the choice of buying the EDT or EDP, only a fool would buy the EDT.

Silage:4/10
Longevity:6/10
Personal Appreciation: Sex/10

Chaos Descent
Chaos Descent

Perfect date fragrance IMO. Its 'OK' performance makes it perfect for close encounters. Definitely won't suffocate your date. Will probably always have a bottle of this in my collection, one of the safest and versatile fragrances out there.

rabouinesylvain
rabouinesylvain

A crowd pleaser. I wish it was worn by less people though. In my country (France), it is one of the best sellers and everyone has/knows it. That's basically its only drawback

Sadly I still didn't find a niche fragrance that come close to this amazing smell

MSack
MSack

A great scent. Works great in the office.

juan12
juan12

The best perfume I have had is neither very strong nor very soft, this perfect fragrance urges you to continue to taste the smell, any woman would like to feel it. When using the fragrance does not cause you discomfort or headache like other perfumes because of how strong they are. I think it will always be my favorite.

El mejor perfume que he tenido ni es muy fuerte ni muy suave, esta perfecto la fragancia te insta a seguir probando el olor, a cualquier mujer le gustaria sentirlo. Al usarlo la fragancia no te causa molestia o dolor de cabeza como otros perfumes debido a lo fuertes que son. Creo que sera mi favorito siempre.

h3ll0w0rld
h3ll0w0rld

The best designer fragrance there is.. its Achilles heel is the performance but it is a good improvement on the original edt

koret
koret

i had the edt version last year.
to me this is more bold, richer, sweeter, and darker than the original.

as the original gives off airy vibe while the EDP is thicker, otherwise still have same type smell.

the original longetivity just 6hrs max!
but this is amplified scent with 8hrs Longetivity.

the original doesnt project at all in my skin, but this thing project nicely within 2-3hrs on cold temperature.

basically the EDP version killed the EDT version for me. no need to buy the original, just buy this!

SCENT: 9.5
Longetivity: 8
Projection: 8
Sillage: 5

gonna be my signature on cold and rainy temperature, since no one seems wear it in my environment where i live and work. gotta rock hard with this one till warmer season

bluemonkey3005
bluemonkey3005

Yes yes yes this is so good that no one can even discribe in the right way this fragrance
But just listen to me if you are going on a date with a new girl make sure you spray this fragrance and than you will se what im talking about !!
Its a great smell
Edt was special but this one its even better

Donjuandemarco
Donjuandemarco

What a gorgeous scent!
Everytime i wear i ask myself "why don't i wear it more often??"
Always will be in my collection especially the EDP 9/10

BTW the performance on me is very good i get 3 hours good projection and 8+ hours longevity which is awesome for this scent guys! i never gave a full wearing to EDT so i cant compare but smellwise they are same and the performance stunning on EDP

shight1000
shight1000

Gorgeous scent and always has been, one of the best fragrances ever in my opinion.

To my nose, this EDP is maybe 10% richer in smell, and lasts about 30% longer than the EDT. There isn't that much difference.

If you do however have a choice of getting either, then get the EDP as it smells virtually the same but with a bit better longevity.

FragranceFinder
FragranceFinder

I remember bathing in the original The One, seriously, bathing in it(!), and not receiving a single reaction. It made me sad, because the scent was unbelievably good. It performed like a skin scent for barely 2 hours, at best(!) That an amber, woody, spicy scent should perform worse than the aftersmell of my Head and Shoulders shampoo is downright unacceptable.

They made it right with this one though (not really). People can detect me, and compliment me on the smell, but they have to be close. That you have to bathe in a fragrance like this, like you're rubbing yourself in with some crazy body oil, really doesn't make this a very reasonable purchase. One would expect the sillage and longevity to be vastly improved upon the original. Instead you, or at least I, get a mere 4 hours longevity, and average-ish sillage.

Scent-wise, this is an easy 9/10, but you're not paying for performance here.

trublu72
trublu72

Hyped up for good reason, a great fragrance. It is true the performance is not the best, but I feel if it was more potent with the ingredients in mind it may be overbearing. As good as any of the designer autumn/winter heavyweights.

leon226
leon226

Too sweet to the point that it feel nauseous, if it mixes with pepper or spiciness then it would be a masterpiece because pepper/smokiness/spiciness makes every fruity fragrance more complex and less boring, just like Aventus, Spicebomb, Dunhill Icon, Terre D'Hermes. Else the sweet fruitiness makes the fragrance very simple and cheaply made.

Plf416
Plf416

Very nice amber soft vanilla on my skin, it's sweet on me, lovely when the ginger kicks in slightly other than that I don't get much of the other notes , I don't get much of the tobacco... Longevity is meh, considering its a edp, sillage is ok.

Fragrance_Master
Fragrance_Master

This fragrance is a masterpiece!

Amen Corner
Amen Corner

I do love the smell very much. Only thing that's stopping me from getting a full bottle is the lousy longevity.

Anyway, I came across a perfume shop in a mall and they are selling an obviously fake bottle of D&G The One EDP among other collection of perfumes e.g. Channels, Diors, etc.

Just for the sake of curiosity, I asked the sales staff to spray one on paper. It was actually very good (no harshness or synthetic vibe as usually is in most imitations) and smells very very close to the original. Kept the paper and walked around the area and smelling it from time to time. After 5+ hours, the smell is still on the paper and it is not just a hint of it. Went back to the same shop and this time had the courage to spray it twice directly on my skin. Smell is still very close to the original on my skin. 4 hours in and the smell is still very much present both on my skin and on the paper. And surprisingly, even after I wake up which is around 13+ hours after spraying it on my skin, I can still detect it as a skin scent! The original only lasted 4+ hours on me including the very weak skin scent part.

Question is, if the maker of this fake bottle can make the juice perform and sell it for around a quarter of the retail price, why can't all these big perfume brands (YSL, Varvatos, etc) not able to at least improve the performance with the price that they are selling their bottles for?

Is it worth buying these fake bottles instead of the originals given that they smell really the same (can't detect any difference) but with a way way better performance?

Will be interesting to find a copy of YSL LNDL which is another one I love but not willing to purchase with the current performance.

Note: I am not promoting these fake ones and will not reply to inquiries on where can they be bought. Thank you.

Iki Rizki
Iki Rizki

My most lovely fragrance beside L'homme Ysl.
Invigorating, warming, and also sexy scent.
All in The One. 10/10

rerthegreat

One of the most comforting, alluring, incredible, pleasant yet rich scents you will ever smell. I work in sales with the public and whenever I wear this and the customers seem more pleasant, they are more open to me having a conversation with them about our services and benefits, my mood is elevated and im relaxed.

Sweet creamy spicy tobacco amber creation cut with citrus to keep it from being too lush. Damn i really love this. As i mentioned elsewhere you need to layer this with woodys love grenade body spray (smells amost exactly like the one) because it will increase the longevity.

Signature scent worthy for anyone, especially someone who does not want to spend an arm and a leg. As i stated about the edt, i love this enough that again, i can look past its lack of sillage warts. So good!

ageofsillage

I`ve been wearing this a lot this winter; I have to re-state what a stunning creation this is. The appetizing grapefruit-ginger, mixed with the seductively smooth tobacco, encapsulated by the warmth from the amber is pure magic. You will get noticed, esp by the ladies, I cannot stress this enough. In fact, I can almost guarantee if they are in range of your scent bubble and sillage... they will look your way not once, but twice, thrice, four times....God help them like a fish caught in a dragnet lol
So gentlemen, be mindful of the attention this juice can command. It shall serve you well to respect it and conduct yourselves like the refined and distinguished gentleman your mom raised you to be. In other words, be the man you`d want your own daughter to marry.
TIP: If you are flying into battle and need a wingman, look no further. The One WILL deliver, the only question will be whether you can complete the mission. Goodluck!

HorlicksB4Bed
HorlicksB4Bed

Wonder how long it will be until we see a Parfum version..

ShanonRed
ShanonRed

Very common fragrance that everyone knows.
Long lasting on clothes, non-good soapy smell on skin after a few hours (dont know how many).
Winter, Summer, Day, Night.
-----------------------------------------
Waiting for Rakan to see the percentage of Day/Night more accurately, hes a machine calculating for us.

everett49354
everett49354

I really love the scent of The One, but its performance really sucks even as an EDP. Longevity is decent, but projection is maybe 6 inches or less for the majority of the time you're wearing it. The scent is definitely a good date scent, or for chilly weather and cuddling. Its warm and inviting, and uses tobacco and amber to be sweet and smooth yet masculine at the same time. The cardamom adds a little seductive and alluring quality, and overall the fragrance is extremely crowd pleasing... if only anyone could actually smell it. But for close encounters and date nights, this is a perfect fragrance.

vsnrao36
vsnrao36

Just to put in a nutshell - this is a true unpolished diamond!!!

This juice has real class and is so endearing when you wear it. It's a classical Amber scent in full glory. It has that luxury touch written all over it. But.............it's still like a unpolished diamond - why I say that because diamond is most sought after precious stone because of it's value and mainly lustre. If a diamond has no shining, what's the big point in having it paying so much? D&G One EDP reminds of this very trait - while it has most of the qualities of a diamond, it lacks the most important 'Shine' with it's total lack of 'Projection /Sillage' that's so critical for a perfume of this class. It is so disappointing that such a lovely fragrance sits so close to the skin. I just hope that,one day, Oliver Polge figures out how to impart 'Shine' to this diamond in it's next avatar!!! Even with this crippling defect, I would still probably go for my second purchase, because it still smells sooooo gooooood and one of the rare 'One' in the crowd!

StevanNn
StevanNn

For winter, one of the best perfums for me. On -5 celsious works perfect! 10/10 from me for this art.

mauriciolacruz
mauriciolacruz

Uuuuuffffffffffffffffffff... I really love this stuff!

Delicious scent (slightly sweet citrusy / fruity / resinous-woody tobacco), very well blended. Slightly harsh at the beginning, what gives that well-measured masculine "punch" in the opening, but nothing offensive or invasive at all. Then the dry down is simply exquisite.

Above average performance, on my skin one of the best.

One of my favourites without a doubt. Very safe bet!

Highly recommended.

vitolezio

Nothing much to say about this one as it s names says it all

THE ONE the best!!
My fav all time

bwieler21
bwieler21

Smells basically identical to the original, although a little more dense. The longevity and projection are only slightly better than the original. Don't expect beast like performance or you will be disappointed. If you enjoy the original but want extra hour or so in the performance category then this is a safe buy.

ShinoRagnar
ShinoRagnar

IMO one of the best smells of all time. The only downside is that it doesnt project and it doesnt last. You will find yourself smelling your own wrist again and again when you first buy this. Can be worn in any weather, office, club etc.

My nose smells Tobacco, amber, ginger and pear even though i know there is no pear in this. The perfume has a confident and adventurous aura.

Smell: 10/10
Projection: 2/10

Frample
Frample

Yummy scent. It is an awesome creation, everyone loves it, but it gives me a bit of a nauseating feeling in the first hour after applying. Nothing serious but not too pleasant. Overall it is special and quite unique. It has a strong gourmand vibe and that is why girls will just want to eat you. Great, delicious, addictive smell

Times: fall, winter, more night than day

Places and reasons: going out, date, club, job

tonythetigercbus
tonythetigercbus

i had the 1.7 oz juice in the edp and it was a strong borderline beast mode scent strong preformance and its smell was great but the cardamom was just too beast for my taste i got compliments and it smelled like class and elegance and it preformed well.....it just had that note that gave me a slight headache with only two sprays. great one for date nights ladies will like this one. my boo loved it but it just didn't work with my chi.....

ageofsillage

This juice truly lives up to its name, hands down. Another suitable name is The Ankle Breaker, because that's what you'll be doing whenever a lady walks past you and tries to do a 180 lol This juice proves you don't need to be Allen Iverson to have a killer crossover!
PS. if they do fall, be a gent and pick them up, literally and figuratively (if the situation affords it), it's the least you can do.

FreshLiving
FreshLiving

I read a lot of reviews on the EDT version of 'the one' and decided against it because of longevity and projection issues, even though the smell is fantastic when I tried it on myself. There's nothing Moreno pointless than buying a fragrance and having it disappear 3 hours later.

As for this EDP version; great fragrance. To me, it's much deeper and rich than the EDT version. It's dances between being a dark and rich fragrance while still being somewhat light and playful. It classy, easy going, deep, and rich. I haven't had any problems with the peffomance, but for a parfum it should kind of fill the room a touch more. Overall it's a pretty great fragrance. This was a blind buy for me and I'm quite happy about it.

9.5/10

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Girls in my uni love it! Probably my most complimented scent ever, together with Chanel AHS eau extreme and CH Men. 10/10!
I've had the most orgasmic compliments ever with this one!

Just don't overspray it, 2-3 sprays is enough.

JKardz718
JKardz718

I've been using the edt version for years. Whoever doesn't like the more sweet amber and Tabacco upgrades in the edp are just haters, cmon lets be blunt here, Macy's don't have every fragrance available but when it does come to what they have ex. Armani code, Sauvage, diors and Chanel's just don't compare. YES the longevity might have issues for some peoples skin but believe me your either wearing it in the wrong weather or your nose is gettin fatigued from the fumes this fragrance admits. I say get the 5oz and call it a day unless you go niche I don't see anything beating this masterpiece. I also manage a gentlemens club I get nothing but compliments from them bad girl types trust me.

samei
samei

Warm and a little sweet. Very enjoyable in the cold and cloudy days. When wind rises and rain starts it shines. But absolutely not a summer fragrance (at least in Tehran weather)

Overall: 7/10

Itsemesamb
Itsemesamb

Sex in a bottle. That's how you can describe this one. It might not be my most complimented Fragrance, but it gets me the best compliments by the Ladies(Orgasmic). This one is such a safe blind buy i wonder if there is anyone on this Planet who doesn't like this one.

OdorMiris
OdorMiris

No no….this won’t do! I so wanted to like this fragrance from reviews I’ve read, but was let down instantly. It opens with a sort of sweet white flower note (actually one of my favorites!) combined with some ‘behind the scenes’ aromatics. I detect some vanilla-marshmallow note that to me, is generically familiar and unexciting. This candy-like affair then dries down to a sort of woody sensation that is neither attention grabbing nor offensive…somewhere in the neighborhood of ‘meh’….. Performance is horrible (on me) turning into a skin-scent within an hour…no projection and no longevity. In fairness, I obtained this sample from Sephora about a month ago and it’s been sitting in my top drawer until today. Possibly either a bad batch or something mysteriously sinister happened while sitting on the shelf in the Mall(or my dresser drawer!)…I will try another sample at a later date to see if I feel the same….until then, maybe a 4/10 overall.

Mir_ali110
Mir_ali110

This is an amazing scent.... no any other hyped scent smells light year close to this thing.... a masterpiece imho

afterdark
afterdark

Nothing special at all. Not the EdT nor the EdP version. In this genre there are loads of other generic but somewhat good smelling stuff like Armani Code, BdC, Sauvage, Mr. Burberry...

This one, along with BdC and Sauvage are the top three among hyped up stuff for rather young people and all three lack the character to justify their high price and of that group of hyped up fragrances, this one is dead last in my book. The performance, even after the so called imporvement is still a joke and the scent itself has never been something to write home about anyway.

esmorun
esmorun

This is such an amazing scent. It manages to be both fresh and clean and dark and seductive at the same time, which also makes it one of the most versatile scents there is. I wear it a lot to the office and sometimes as a night out scent. This is not my most complimented scent but it gives me the best compliments, one time when I was standing in front of a beautiful colleague and talking about work she suddenly stopped and said "****, you smell so good!" and then she started sniffing my neck and brought her friend over to sniff me as well. I've also had women whisper "You smell like a man" in my ear in the bar.

It's a shame that the scent only lasts about 5-6 hours, but I love this fragrance so much that I will forgive it for that. Since it's not very strong it is possible to compensate for the lack of performance by spraying some on your hair or clothes without choking people out.

KentB27
KentB27

I'll keep this short and sweet. It smells amazing, women love it, it's a more refined version of the EdT, it still has the crappy performance of the EdT.

I honestly think they called this fragrance "The One" because that's how many hours it lasts. I love this fragrance but I was disappointed that the EDP did not seem to solve the performance issues of the Edt....At least on my skin.

PeteUK
PeteUK

Liked the original edt for years but never enough to buy. Sampled this one and it keeps the original great scent, but seems smoother, richer and lasts longer on me. Great scent for evening wear and if sprayed on my collar lasts untill the next day. The only downside is the original is very popular, so its hardly unique. Anyway i liked the edp version enough to put it on my xmas list and i now own a bottle (a very nice bottle design by the way). Worth a try if the edt version was too weak or too casual.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

A nice flanker to the original, although I expected something darker and heavier. Unexpected notes of ginger and creamy coconut give a breezy kind of tropical effect, making it versatile and interesting. Performance is adequate for me if I spray enough (8-10 sprays)...

It kind of reminds me of holidays on the beach, when you stick a shirt on to go for a quick drink but you still have a light residue of sun lotion on your skin.

Very nice, but not in the same league as LIDGE, e.g. 4*.

hagertygal
hagertygal

Just gave this to hubby as holiday gift. Mmmmmm, smells soooo good, I might be sharing this with him, lol.

This is not an overwhelming scent, but it is certainly not weak. For those saying it has no lasting power, you might find it is your own nose that cannot smell it anymore, but others still can. It's been six hours now and I can still smell it on my husband.

I get a warm ginger smell, with a sweet pipe tobacco. Not the kind that is burning, more like loose tobacco, right from the bag.

Overall, I'd say I picked a winner with this! Certainly way better than the Bath and Body Works junk he was wearing.

AdamovStefan
AdamovStefan

Weak longevity and joke projection. Smell is I would say 9/10. It's a very nice but still not my the most favorite. So, if you have a lot of fragrances in the rotation, this one might be a solid addition. Otherwise, it sucks.

ahmad.joumblat
ahmad.joumblat

Most attractive perfume

BOBBEAR
BOBBEAR

I dont get the hype and accolades of this edp. I am sorry to say that it was the most disappointing purchase of the year. The scent is sweet and stays that way..I dont get depth or nuance.......boring to me..sprays sweet and stays sweet. Its definately in no way in the class of Dior Homme Parfum.......not an interesting fragrance to me sad to say.

habibullah
habibullah

smell is good but too weak

highpinch
highpinch

I have tested this yesterday at 17:30, 3 sprays on the same spot on my arm. It projected quite well. At 22:00 I had a shower. After that I have still smelled it all night from my arm. Now it's 7:00 and still can smell it all around me without putting my nose close to the spot. By the way I love this juice, this will be my next purchase.

erha69
erha69

nice scent but the performance is so so

adamthompson06
adamthompson06

Finally a company listens to us! We want stronger versions of original scents but most companies slap an "intense" label on a new fragrance and try to pass it off as original.This one smells just like the original but lasts much longer (10+ hours on my skin), my only regret is not buying the 5.0 oz bottle because I will use this fragrance up quickly!

cadilo
cadilo

Compliment getter; also performs WAY better than the EDT version.

What are you waiting for? grab it!!

Knows2Nose

You know, I've never been interested in all the accessories that come with a scent, like deodorants, body wash, aftershave...until now. I love The One EDP but like others have said, it doesn't last. I figured, because it's a skin scent, and smells amazing, it would actually make a better deodorant. So I went out and bought one...and Wow, I think the deodorant projects further than the Parfum! And it lasts. If you pair up both deodorant and juice, you will most definitely smell good for way, way longer!

Was this done purposely by D&G to increase sales? I highly doubt it, just something I've noticed as fix around it's poor projection.

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

Amazing scent to be sure but does not last with me unfortunately.
For the price this goes for I would be expecting a stronger performance than this, after a couple hours it is gone.
Definitely something of a love/hate with me, love the scent hate the performance.
The scent itself is fantastic thou, smokey, dark and attractive, you should try it before buying, maybe it just doesn't react well with me.

ajmcp
ajmcp

Love the scent. Gone in just over an hour. I made small decants to carry with me when out. That can't be right !!
60 odd quid and it lasts no time on me. Love it but it doesn't love me. What a disappointment.

thefragteen
thefragteen

It's pretty weird, even though the EDT and EDP almost smell the same, i don't like the EDT but i like the EDP :)
Projection is below average, but for some reason, the longevity is insane on me, 12 hours after i applied it, i got whiffs of it! 8 hours later, 20 all in all, it was still on my skin, but very weak.

Smell: 7
Projection: 5
Longevity: 10

Just my 2 cents..

EricJonkman
EricJonkman

Smells absolutely stunning but I'm wondering if mine is fake? Projection is a joke. 4 sprays and my girlfriend couldn't smell me sitting next to me in the car. Bought from FragranceBuy.ca, awesome pricing if this website is legitimate. Besides that the smell is breathtaking

Bibbly
Bibbly

This is the first fragrance that I can say I love but don't want.

Such a superb, masculine scent which everyone who smelt fell in love with. That was everyone within the first hour and half.

For whatever reason the longevity is pathetic. After a couple of hours I was unable to find any hint of it on my body (and I really took advantage of the tester).

I'm not the kind of person who will carry a bottle around with me all day to replenish the failing aroma.

If D&G could somehow improve the longevity then I'd buy gallons of the stuff but until then I'll have to remember the fleeting hour & half affair I had with this darling of a perfume.

jojoh19
jojoh19

This stuff just leaves me breathless every time. I absolutely love this fragrance and it will always have a spot in my collection. So far, I don't notice a whole lot of difference performance wise in comparison to the EDT version but you know what? I don't care!! Even if it's just a little bit better that's good enough for me.

I've never been good at picking out each individual note but amber and tobacco are the two star players and their combination, along with a little citrus and some sensual spiciness, make this an OBVIOUS choice for formal and romantic wear.

When I wear this, it makes me feel like Matthew McConaughey in the original advertising campaign. White dress shirt slightly unbuttoned at the top, hair slicked back, a confident and subtle smile on my face and, of course, the lingering scent of The One floating through the air, whispering to my girl "come closer ".

Pure magic.
10/10 regardless of performance. Just overspray if you want to make more of a statement but I prefer the subtlety to be honest.

Leztat
Leztat

the KING of "orgasmic moan" perfume for the opposite sex. enough said!

sylvain.cheung
sylvain.cheung

I'm not sure if it's my skin or some bizarre reason, it seriously smells like some grapefruit flavoured cleaning supply....

gillbert

By far, one of the best flanker released from EDT to EDP concentration in the market. I worry about tobacco note is composing too much and make it very smoky and I was wrong. Tobacco, amber, ginger and cardamom were been composed beautiful and it is in the right potion. Its never get me boring and it's easy to wear. This fragrance is very versatile because I can wear it from day to night, work, meeting, dating, course, shopping, vacation and night out.

Moodman89
Moodman89

Recently bought the edp version of this, i wasnt disappointed. Smells almost exactly the same as the edt, slightly denser. Longevity is a good improvement as the edt last slightly 4 to 5 hours on me before it dissapeared completely, the edp last around 9 hours on my skin. A masterpiece indeed by Olivier Polge

tanjeen007
tanjeen007

Don't under estimate the power of one EDP. Projects on my skin about 3.5 to 4 hour some times more and lasts about at least 8 hour to 18hr. I don't know why but it performs very well on my skin. May be its because of my dry skin. Simply awesome Better in formal less casual type. Right now in desighner line the best tobacco based fragrance i must say. I have used burberry london and EDT as tobacco based fragrance previously but i have to admit D&G The One EDP destroys previous records with its awesomeness. Need to stock more before it reformulates.

Projection 7.5/10
Performance 8/10
longevity 10/10

Umberto793
Umberto793

This fragrance...
I just want to say thank you Olivier Polge.

noel cruz
noel cruz

My favorite scent, and my current signature scent. Sweet, warm, spicy and a bit leathery, but in a sophisticated mix. Amazing sillage & projection. Even guys, no, make that, men, compliment me whenever I wear this (I'm in the Philippines, so D&G The One is quite uncommon here). Goes really, really well with the girls.

Ignas39
Ignas39

Awesome fragrance, no wonder everyone in the frag community loves it. Sexy, warm, masculine. Only downside, of course, is it's longevity and performance. After one hour it tones down a lot and dissapears after 5-6 hours (I heard some are very lucky and it lasts like 8 hours for them). Only solution for this that I can think of is the use of a moisturiser wherever you are going to apply this fragrance, should lenghten its' lifetime. All in all, superb smell, but it could last longer (especially since it is an EDP).

Cologniano_D
Cologniano_D

WOW! I stopped at the mall for new T-Shirts. I decided to stop by the fragrance counter to get my nose on this.
Don't dismiss The One EDP. I did, boy did I ever change my mind. Full bottle worthy for sure....

michiel.jacobs
michiel.jacobs

My favourite scent! Smells just like the Edt but a bit denser and with slightly better performance. Too bad it is now extremely overused just like 1mill and Le Male etc.. this is the new addition to the 'You smell like my ex-boyfriend' club...

Lovestosmell7
Lovestosmell7

I have had this for about a month now. I love love love the smell. Every morning i smell the bottle just because i enjoy it. You have to spray about 6 sprays to grab people attention if you want a trail. I bought this for myself to enjoy but others have really enjoyed it on me too. One of my favorites and i have smelled a lot since i work in fragrances!

azee90
azee90

Its one of the most complemented fragrance....very nice

northtexasguitarlicks
northtexasguitarlicks

Nope! It's rare for me to dislike a fragrance this much. Wish I could return my sample. I'm sure it smells on some people but on me it's like rotting birthday cake topped with garbage in humid triple digit weather.

kobiAmr
kobiAmr

smells amazing, but still weak longevity and sillage.
lasts 6 hours max on my skin, projection maybe 2 hours

amirkarim1
amirkarim1

This is class in a bottle!

fragcentral
fragcentral

Dolce & Gabbana's The One Parfum is a performance improvement over the EDT version. Both smell great, it has the Tobacco, Ginger, and Amber that smell so good together. A very sensual fragrance. The parfum lasts a bit longer getting into the 8 hour range for me. Projection is moderate and leaves after a few hours. You will get compliments with this one, as it smells great.

9 of 10.

bart4543
bart4543

Forget winter and fall night. i use DHI for that. wear the one on a summer night. this works really well when your body heats up. beautiful scent and with enough performance to seduce those around u.

Looking past what the notes are. I personally always get a tropical feel with this fragrance. I get coconut, mano and peach mixed with thick honey smoothed out with dense smooth pipe tobacco. This stuff is really seductive and elegant.

Akilii
Akilii

Waaay too sweet and cloying. I can not express to you how much I hate this fragrance. I feel like its trying too hard to be manly, but it is not working. I prefer clean, citrusy scents, this is horrible to me!

chardee_macdennis
chardee_macdennis

In terms of scent, this is a smoother version of the EDT. They both smell amazing, and I suppose that I personally like the EDT a bit better (because of its sharpness), but they're essentially the same.

Performance will vary from person to person. On my skin, it's:

EDT: 30 minutes of projection, 60 mins of tiny projection, and 90 mins of skin scent, for a total of about 3 hours. Quite disappointing. If you're having a brief encounter, then it'll give you two hours. In public you must spray yourself every 30-60 mins with a travel atomizer.

EDP: Improved, but not by a beastly amount. It performs about as well as you'd hope an EDT would perform... maybe a bit less. Nearly 1 hour of quality projection, 60-90 minutes of moderate projection, followed by 2-3 hours of skin scent... maybe 4-6 hours total.

So yes, the EDP does perform better, and I enjoy this scent SOOO much that it's worth carrying a travel atomizer. It's worth it for compliments, but the EDP also allows YOU to enjoy the scent more. I could hardly catch a whiff off the EDT after the 90 minute mark. The EDP may not be projecting too much after the 2 hour mark, but the skin scent phase is strong enough where at least you get to enjoy the dry down with your own nose.

And all of that makes the EDP worth while, especially when you consider the price. I got 100ml for $42, around the same price as I paid for the EDT several years ago. Frankly, I wish they could have improved the performance even more, because I'd certainly be willing to pay for that. If this scent had 5+ hours of projection, I'd happily spend $75-$100 for it.

coasterfan
coasterfan

Found a sample of this on Bonanza and it's one of the best scents I have ever experienced! Projection is a little weak, but if you carry an atomizer you can reapply as needed. Longevity is actually quite good!

aminereeves
aminereeves

I want to purshase this frag but the comments about longevity really makes me doubt about it :(
I'm So Confuuused

I make it short:

Scent: 9,5/10
Longevity: 3,5/10
Projection: 4 to max 5/10

Its sadly just not working on my skin...smell is amazing but no one could smell me at all.

siraog

This fragrance is from heaven and I'm sure about it. Nearly every member of fragrance community managed to agree on one thing: The One EDT doesn't last long enough. Every owner of this fragrance wished it lasted longer. Now it is. I bought this a month ago and used it for my night-outs several times. This really lasts longer and also the scent is still amazing. D&G managed to protect that amazing smell when changing the formulation to EDP. It will get you compliments just as it used to do and even more as it lasts more than the original. If you loved the EDT, don't buy it just go on and buy this without trying.

flyngace
flyngace

This is by far my favorite frag! The combination of the amber with a slight tobacco and ginger brings this frag from being just some ordinary frag to a great one!

The dry down is just as good as the initial spray. The initial spray is a little strong but it lasts about 1 hour. It stays pretty linear like the from the initial spray to about 1 hour and then slowly recedes to your skin. **Unlike the EDT version which the initial spray lasts 30 minutes and then recedes.

I would wear this to any occasion- including work. Although I would be slightly careful wearing it to work- people will definitely smell you...It projects really well!

Not really sure if it is date material. I like the frag a lot, but I think that a lot of people know of it and it might be a little too noticeable. I think that you should wear a nice different frag for a date.

This is exactly like the EDT version just lasts longer, projects further, and has great sillage!

Overall: 10/10
Sillage: 10/10
Projection: 9/10

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

I finally found it online and purchased it for 1300EGP (125$USD) and i've tested it it lasted 12+ hours on both my skin and shirt even after i've woken up. after the 9 hours mark is when it starts to shine.

p.s: this is simply the concentrated version of the original EDT so the only way to enjoy it is take it as it is and not getting your expectations high because you will be otherwise disappointed.

in conclusion, not regretting it. I have the 150ML bottle and it will last me 3 years minimum because the secret is: less equals more with this frag which i've discovered so i will only spray once or twice and enjoy the development of this frag throughout the day.

p.s#2: 150ML bottles are big and makes it uncomfortable to spray lol

and in closing, to the owners of this frag, have fun with what you got because i'll be doing the same. :)

Anast
Anast

This is also weak like the original. Poor longevity and sillage

Gazza97
Gazza97

Just got this today. Fortunately for me, I get quite decent performance from this. It's not beastly in terms of projection, but the longevity is quite good at about 7 hours on my skin. Besides the performance, this is obviously a magnificent scent. Class in a bottle.

This is not the scent if you want attention and for everyone to notice it whenever you walk into a room. (Go for 1 million, Eros or Ultra Male if that appeals to you.) This is for the laid back gentleman who only wants to be noticed in a subtle way.

vitolezio

@cliffmatics thanks a lot for the tip, I will be finishing my one before.

vitolezio

Ive got the edt version of this one and I love it but longevity sucks. Just wondering if you guys think is worth buying this one.
Thanks

omid121
omid121

بعد از کلی انتظار بالاخره نسخه پرفیوم هم به کالکشنم اضافه کردم .
به نظر من تجربه کارهای موفق قبلی طراحش Olivier Polge مثل :
L'Homme Libre
Spicebomb
Uomo Valentino
The One for Men Edt
خودش به تنهائی کافیه تا چشم بسته این کارو به کالکشنت اضافه کنی.
من که به شخصه به شدت توصیه میکنم .

archlordema

This is amazing, I have the 5 OZ bottle so I never run out of it! It's just sooooo AHHHHHHHH I get 8 solid hours of smelling sooo goooooood!

Can't get enough!

Leo8780
Leo8780

This is my go to scent for work. It is not too strong and sits close enough to not annoy anyone. Out of some of my more expensive fragrances, this one hangs up there with the most compliments. I still have a few ladies that come close to me to see if I'm wearing this one. When I do I get the "damn you smell good" and they lose track of what they were doing. The parfum concentration brought this to the next level.

skiadero93
skiadero93

Literally my Christmas scent, I love it, so strong in a good way, get's you in the mood.

henriques
henriques

Add a little bit of ambar in the original Edt version and It's done!

The EdP version is just a little bit more sweet powdery. It's just it. The projection and the longevity were improved a little bit too.

Well I use to wear D&G The One mostly when I have an intimate encounter. So the edt version always was enoght for me (I use to get a lot of compliments).. or maybe even better, because when you put your nose on your skin, the dirty powdery sweet of the EDP version is little too pungent, kind of uncomfortable. So, I'm going to be direct: the Edt is better if you wont wear any clothes in the next hours.
But I already own the EDP version now and I'm liking it. I'm wearing it to night out and I've been always noticed with it.

vaan1236

The EDP version is an improvement over the EDT version in terms of performance. You'll get 1-2 hours longer than the original with the exact same smell, except darker and more pronounced. The amber and grapefruit is what makes The One sweet while the tobacco and ginger gives it a warm spicey smell. It is a really good move on Olivier Polge to combine two accords on what seems conflicting into harmony with each other.

Think about it. It is actually beneficial for this fragrance to have weak performance because you wouldn't want to make this fragrance so popular that you start smelling it on every person you walk pass by. You only want your significant other to smell it on you which is why it is called The ONE. It is a really good fragrance for close encounters if you are going on a date. Your significant other may not smell you from 3-4 feet away, but when they go in to give you a hug they will be SURPRISED about how good you smell and would want to be near you all the time just for them to catch the scent.

So if you really like the EDT version, buy the EDP version instead because it is the same but stronger.

Scent - 10/10
Performance - 6.5/10

simpa256

I must be really lucky because, like I said, I personally from the first spray till it's completely gone, I get 10 hours. It preforms way better than new La Nuit.

TheGoodfellaANDSmeller

Im just giving my marks:

Scent 9/1o
Longevity 4/1o (2 hours max)
Sillage 5/1o (not even an arm length)

I was searching for a fragrance that goes to the same direction and came to the conclusion that Armani Code Profumo is better (for me) than this, not because of the smell (the smell is a bit different) but the longevity is far better (7 hours+)

I wish it would perform better...but sadly it is not working on my skin.

the_badger

Found a good deal and jumped on it. Its sweeter than the EDT but I don't mind, and you can overspray and it will never be overbearing.

La Nuit, DHI, and now The One. They all kind of belong to the same genre, I remember just a year ago I could not make my mind on which one to buy, today I have all 3 plus a backup bottle of DHI... (=_=')

BurtReynolds
BurtReynolds

I had high expectations for the One EDP and I don't think they were met in the performance portion of that. I will say that D&G did a great job with keeping the smell similar, but for me this just doesn't seem to last long. I'm envious of those who claim to get insane longevity and projection out of this.

I think the EDT actually performs better on me than this does. So for now I will stick with that. Hopefully the popularity of this EDP continues and causes the EDT to go down in price, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I'll come back to the EDP when it gets colder out and try it again. Maybe that's the key with this. Until then I probably won't be buying a bottle.

remy.cullen.5
remy.cullen.5

In love with The One! D&G really stepped their perfume game up with this one and Light Blue, although the second one has problems with longetivity and projection, I sure am in love with them.
EDP is spicy and sweet at the opening and goes darker as the time goes, while becoming a skin scent. Amber and tobacco are blended perfectly, which makes drydown the best. On me, it projects like a beast in the first hour, and then it gets tamed as the smell becomes better and better, lasting for about 6-7 hours, although sometimes I can smell it in the morning, but it just disappears after I wash my hands. I guess that it works perfectly with my skin, because people tell me that 2 sprays are too much.
For me, this is a very intimate fragrance, although many may not agree with that point of view. The One is definitely a hit!

simpa256

This is one of the best fragrances out there. Sweet tobacco with that lovely refreshing ginger grapefruit mix which is more prominent in EDP than EDT. For me, even EDT lasts easily 8 hours but I can smell it on my arm even after 10. With EDP it's the same story, 10 hours without a problem. Most people say that ADG Profumo lasts on them 8 hours and this is gone within the first 4. To me, it is just the opposite. Freshies and ADG Profumo lasts 3 hrs max on my skin but The One lasts 10. Basically anything with tobacco, leather, vanilla, amber, tends to last on me way more than on most people.

Lucky or not, this is a gorgeous classy seductive date fragrance which can be worn at any social gatherings, for indoor it's a must have, dates, coffees, lunches, work... You will NOT find one person who will totally dislike it. A masterpiece that gives me way way more projection and longevity than La Nuit, and while I preferred La Nuit over this for a long time, just because it preformed better, now that is no longer the case and this is shaping up to be my go to fragrance whenever I want to impress someone or I'm meeting with a date, a friend, or a group of people. To me, The One, La Nuit and Ch Men is a holy trinity that simply you can't go without, aside the performance issues.

I love how they blended tobacco with amber so it puts off this sweeter vibe, but not too much. Just enough not to be a bitter ashtray smell, but a lovely gentle creamy cigar (and this is coming from a non smoker that cannot stand the smell of a burning cigar or a raw tobacco), with a touch of citrus that lingers till the frag dries down. Then it's woods tobacco all the way, but it retains that same pleasant manly smell. And on my skin it lasts. And lasts. I wore this in any occasions, both formal and casual, but I'd say it's more formal than casual, with a classy vibe definitely.

Weather? Everything except hot summer days. Nights are okay, but not days. Not that it is too heavy but simply it isn't a hot summer day fragrance in it's core because the tobacco woody notes are more warm and the citrus notes aren't that strong and don't last as long for it to be called a fresh summer fragrance.

nailzer
nailzer

Pros:
Great smell! Great sprayer! Attractive physical presentation, bottle and cap.

Cons;
Scent lasts on me and my clothes about 3 hours.
I made a blind buy hoping The One being an EDP performance would be stellar but after 3 hours the scent was gone, even from my clothes, which I made a point to spray. I'm disappointed but I'll continue to use it.

Hemphead
Hemphead

i adored the EDT of this 2 years ago and left a bit in the bottle just so i can smell it anytime i want to. So i got a bottle of this last week damn it smelled just as i wanted it to be same scent(according to my first impression) but really stronger than the EDT and yes it does last a lot longer but i really can't say about its projection(needs more field test for me its just a week old) but then i really get this coconut vibe in this EDP which left me wondering. So got my old bottle of EDT sprayed it same as the EDP sprayed it compared it and boom this has a different opening than EDT for me this opens with like a violet and citrus scent IDK thats what i can say 'bout it but EDT is really the scent i needed too bad its really weak. But hell ya i would prefer this than the EDT coz after the opening they really are similar except for the power and longevity issues the EDT had. The longevity if this can survive but IDK 'bout the projection.

gigi_armani
gigi_armani

I've sampled EDP once again yesterday. Compared to the EDT, it has stronger opening and very good longevity. Still it doesn't project much better than EDT, becoming a skin scent rather quickly (45-60 minutes). But in the meantime I had two showers, and the scent survived on my hand for almost 15 hours (2 sprays on the back of my palm).

So yes, performances are way better than EDT. But that's one side of the coin.

Other side of the coin, the more important one, is the scent itself. And this is where EDT owns EDP.

EDP has very aggressive opening which quickly fades away into the heart notes. Didn't like that, but OK, let's go to the heart notes. And this is where EDP and EDT are very similar, but EDP is more fruity and has less tobacco/amber vibe. It was ok, but still you can spot these small differences especially if you're into the original one. That was second strike for the EDP. And the third/final strike was this sour note in the drydown that lasts forever. Shame.

To conclude. EDP has better performances (longevity especially), but as for the scent - EDT rules supreme. There is something in the EDP blend that I don't like. It took me a while to admit this to myself, because I wanted to believe in those youtube reviews where they said that this is EDT with better performances. How yes no.

This said, I will stay loyal to the ol' good D&G The One EDT. Especially now when on discount. It's performance still sucks, but what the heck - the scent is pure sex on the rocky Sicilian shores.

Oldspice
Oldspice

I never tried the original EDT because of the performance reports but thought I'd give this one a shot.

This smells pretty amazing on paper. It opens with a fruity punch-like, tropical top. After that settles down a bit I got a creamy coconut note though it's not listed. Sweet but not too sweet. I was fully believing the hype was well deserved until I tried it out on skin. It does not smell as impressive on my skin as on paper, perhaps a victim of my chemistry. It has ample longevity but projection is pretty weak.

It reminds me a bit of Issey Miyaki Nuit d'Issey but I prefer that one over The One EDP. I never got any compliments on it and the wife was also unimpressed.

rerthegreat

I do enjoy the original but the performance stinks. Smelled parfum version today and I will buy for sure. Denser for sure with better longevity and maintains scent of the original. To me, d and g listened to their consumers and put out a product to satisfy the legitimate longevity beef. Well done

kwizzob
kwizzob

My boyfriend wears it and I could literally rip off his clothes!

jason.luedtke
jason.luedtke

I heard all these reviews about how D&G EDT doesn't last very long. Everyone would mention how amazing the EDT smelled, so when I seen an EDP was available I didn't even thing twice about it. I bought it blindly. Let Me Tell You, I got amazingly lucky. This parfum smells absolutely amazing, this is the best cologne I have in my possession and I am so happy that I didn't wait til I went to a local mall to sample it in person.

Here's a short story on a bad experience I had this month: I went to my local mall and was looking for a Hugo Boss (the white sphere cologne) and I was charged $80, well when I got home I looked it up online, it is only $30 online. I was very disappointed. That whole experience rained on my parade, and took away from my experience with that cologne. That is why I had to buy Dolce & Gabbana's The One blindly. Do yourself a favor and do the same exact thing. It smells amazing, it lasts 4-5 hours. I am looking to purchase the "The One Royal Night" now.

josh.szlapak
josh.szlapak

Rich ,warm ,very complex, everything I look for in a fragrance, slightly remenacent to TF Tuscan leather, not the same yet very beautiful, eloquent , and ,addictive ,very well done bravo D&B .This may be my new signature ...

streetdj
streetdj

Hello Everybody!

I'm wearing it day/night. I always get good compliments which makes my day!! I am seeing here that many people are complaining about the longevity. So here is the solution guys.

First of all use jojoba oil contents (I am using the palmolive ones) for both hair and body shampoo. After finishing shower you should put PURE jojoba oil with some cotton just to your neck area and wait 15 minutes to dry a little. After that you can spray your magic.

How to spray:
Don't think that owerspraying will increse the longevity. (even it's transforming to a terrible scent.)
Spray it to different parts of your neck area from FAR away and especially close to your hair area.

The most important part:
After doing everything you said 'no nothing happened' 'still no longevity' etc..I understand you but don't give up. All you need is time. You should adapt your body for to be moisturized. I tested and for my VERY DRY skin I needed minimum 15 days. But finally it worked! So if you are complaining for longevity issues for any scent you should apply JOJOBA oil. This is very impotant...

Results;
9 hours.......... I make the test everyday......
First 3 hours very good projection and longevity.
4-5 hours you get decent projection and longevity.
After that it becomes to a skin scent with some jojoba oil. smell.
Then scent turns to a secret weapon... If you are on a date, you will understand what i mean.;)

From a fragrance what you can need more? 9 hour is more than enough for everything...

Just a quick note:
To understand how amazing the scent:
Hold your breath for 10 seconds and then spray it your neck.
Smell gently.
Not joking! uh?!

Thanks a lot D&G for creating such a beauty.

Thanks for reading!

Ourfrank

Well folks, we begged for it...and we got it.....sooooorta.
It's D&G the one. EDP.
The smell is pretty similar to the edit, which is nice!
Apparently the ladies and gentlemen over at the lab didn't quite understand what we all wanted out of the one edp. While it does in fact last longer than the original on the skin...it only lasts On the skin!!!!!
Silage on this is pretty disappointing.
I mean this is the definition of skin scent. Don't buy this thinking you're going to walk into a room and people are gonna stop you every five minutes dying to know what you're wearing. Because they're not.
i want so bad to have a reason to purchase this, but they have not given me any.
Maybe they will come up with an "intense" version. Lol

AmmoSexual
AmmoSexual

Like being marked by a cosmic squirrel in the Garden of Eden.

Blade_The_Hunter
Blade_The_Hunter

The one awesome parfum u have to have in your collection.

Awesome sexy daring and elegant scent.

Rating

Scent 8.4/10

Attractive in a wide margin. Remains very masculine, not overly Sweet and it has that dark and rich tobacco flavor which makes this a super loving scent.

Longevity 6.1/10

Wearing this for 3 weeks test, and depends a bit outside inside environment, but it cannot reach the 8 hour mark which is too bad for an EdP concentration.
4-6 hours average.

Projection/sillage 7.4/10

Woman notice, compliment getter, and after 4 hours it will decrease it's radius. Reapply for longer performance. Or spray more at the beginning for stronger performance.

Pricing 8.0/10

100ml on major discount, ofc not standard price, but the scent is just awesome.

Overall rating 8.0/10

Super nice collectible item.
Dress this to impress.

Massive88
Massive88

D&G The One EDP is my getaway perfume. I use it everytime I have a hectic day and want to have some piece of relaxing night I truly can enjoy. It also very good perfume for cold rainy days.

EDP is quite different smell than the EDT, but the dry down is similar with more longevity and sharpness in EDP.
EDT give me more tobacco and then amber within skin scent, both are very enjoyable scent to me. The EDP give me more fruity feel in first spray, and turns to amber and tobacco, so EDP is more amber and tobacco compare to EDT version (which Is more tobacco).

I say EDT is more masculine. However, for non smoker, EDP would give you EDT feel without overpowering in tobacco section, so I think EDP would be more acceptable for non smoker. And the juice from EDP seems more sharp and more easy to recognize in your skin with more longevity.

However I’m still wishing for EDT version with more longevity…EDT intense maybe :D

gillbert

coriander, basil and grapefruit for top notes are easily gone on my body but the heart is warm blend of ginger, orange blossom and cardamom. i love the heart notes. in dry down i get sweet+ambery+tobacco. i'm non-smoker but i love the tobacco note here. tobacco+amber are perfectly blended.

it is sophisticated? i say, NO. Elegance - YES. this fragrance is masculine but not too manly. I think, men in the age 17teen and above can wear it. it is easy for women come close to me, pleasant, fresh & sweet.

one of the best from D&G. i love EDT and EDP version. in dry down they are 90% similar to each others. longevity is not the best but both are very good. Price+longevity+sillage+compliments are equally made

Abbas101
Abbas101

Both the EDT and EDP are great, but after my first sniff of EDP it seems the EDT has still the better scent quality. I just sprayed the EDP so can't really tell about the longevity and project but I guess for me the EDT was also doing reasonably well. I just love THE ONE.

ryan.christofano
ryan.christofano

i'll make description about The one EDP
"like a muscleman with classy tuxedo attending Vip party in Highclass hotel"
The one EDP is Well scented damn Soo masculine,Rich,Sexy & non provocative
Projection well done longevity Not bad (Better than Moderate i guess)
Overall:
Scent:10/10
Projection:8,5/10
Longevity:9/10

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

This one drives me crazy! I adore it! It's super sexy and unmistakable. Class in a bottle. A proper fragrance for a man that knows what he wants and knows also how he can get it.

Hamzasbai
Hamzasbai

Scent = Excellent and very versatile IMO
Longevity = Over 8 hours on my skin (which is better than other better rated EDPs)
Projection = I can still smell it around me after 8 hours as do people around me
haven't had the EDT so I can't comment on the differences, but the EDP sure deserves to be called EDP, I guess this one just performs differently on each type of skin.
I give it a solid 9/10.
Go get it guys, you will absolutely not regret it. Cheers!

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Projection is weaker but staying power is longer.

EDT = projection
EDP = longevity

Aamir Ahmed

so now a scent being weaker is regarded as a magic...quite funny

rushrocker
rushrocker

D&G's The One for Men EDT is a masterpiece. Pure sexy manliness... The only real issue people have with it is that it's truly an EDT: Every time you go to the bathroom, you should spray yourself and return smelling sexy and fresh. Never overpowering the scene, but always smelling great. This is what it was meant for.

Many people disliked this fact, and wanted to be able to smell like The One all the time without reapplication.

So D&G answered, and along came The One EDP.

In terms of creating an EDP version of the original, I think they knocked it out of the park. The scent is spot on, although perhaps slightly sweeter and darker. And I have no idea how people don't think this has great longevity. I am still easily smelling this on my skin after 8 hours. With the EDT, the dry down started after at most 45 min-1 hour, and it was long gone by 2-3. Projection is not monster, and it stays fairly close to the skin, but it's better than The One EDT is.

However I find the dry down of the EDP a bit odd. Instead of just the powdery, leathery notes being left behind, the sweet stuff sticks around too! In fact it's a bit TOO sweet, pungent, and long lasting... if there is such a thing. I just kind of get sick of it after a while.

I LOVE the EDT as much as I love any fragrance. But ironically the EDP kind of ruins the magic by being a stronger, longer lasting version.

Funny how that is.

EDIT: After wearing this a few more times, I realized that for myself, it's best to apply conservatively, and only use in cold weather and at nights. This avoids the cloying sweetness. In this manner it's a beautiful, long-lasting scent that honors the original to near perfectness.

Yukon94
Yukon94

I LOVE the smell of the One EDP. To me it is more of a night-time, winter scent. It is very masculine and spicy.

D&G did good by making a more concentrated version of the original. Smells almost the same. The EDP is a bit more deep, richer, and darker. This is a date fragrance or one for going out at night.

It lasts me all night and I wake up in the morning still smelling it, almost like I just sprayed it.

And guys, women love this juice. What more can I say?

Scent 10/10, Projection/Sillage 9/10, Longevity 10/10
Great fragrance!

Knows2Nose

Don't pay attention to the Designer, if you want the best, you buy from Olivier Polge. His track record is unbelievably good. This parfum is yet another example of his best.

perfumer s8
perfumer s8

fantastic fragrance.
its open with sweet, spicy and citrus accord( Amber, Ginger, grapefruit and orange blossom)
And
end with Amber_Tobacco_Woody scent.
Its warm, clean and delicious.
thicker and denser then EDT.
grate for fall and winter.
longevity is +6 and projection is medium.
8.5/10
....................................

یه عطر جذاب که نسبت به نسخه تویلت کمی شیرین تر و سنگین تر شده که علتش هم حضور پررنگ تر کهربا از ابتدا تا انتهای عمر عطر هست
استارت کهربایی_مرکباتی این عطر که با شکوفه پرتقال و زنجبیل همراه شده فوق العادست. چون نتیجه حاصل رایحه ای با گرما و شیرینی متعادل و اسپایسی و با طراوت هست، کاملا مشخصه که در نسخه پرفیوم روی این قسمت تمرکز بیشتری شده
هر چی از عمر عطر میگذره رایحه چوبی محسوس تر میشه، البته چوب در کنار شیرینی بسیار ملایم حاصل از تنباکو
ماندگاریش خوبه و پخش متوسط، پس ازین لحاظ هم کمی بهتر از نسخه تویلت هست
8.5/10

ayktdmrl
ayktdmrl

About 4-5 sprays go for a 8-10 hours on a not very cold day, I got what I expected.

peteradio
peteradio

It smells refined and luxurious but lacks longevity and silage. Not very different from the original in terms of scent and performance.

ghent32
ghent32

Don't buy the "hype" on this one, but do believe that it's an improvement on the original.

The issue is that it's only a marginal improvement. It definitely is more rich and creamy but absolutely maintains the scent of the original.

The projection is also slightly better - everything is better, but slightly better.

The original gave me 3-4 hours - this one will go about 5-6 on me - still a technical disappointment, but if you love this fragrance, I would definitely move forward with this one, because it's a better replica of the original.

Still a truly amazing smelling designer.

Scent - 10/10
Longevity - 6/10
Projection - 6/10

$$
$$

Don't believe the hype this is excellent and worth buying.The people who are saying that the longevity is poor is the ones that's not putting enough on. You gotta squirt that juice all on yah(Just don't over do it ).Trust you will create a sillage.

safyras
safyras

The worst longevity I've ever encountered. And mind you: it is supposed to be an EDP. But after one, at most, two hours it's gone. I mean, totally gone. I just don't get it: why would anybody produce such a thing? Yes, the smell is rather nice, but what good is it, if you can't smell it? If nobody can. An utter disappointment. My only solution is to use a decant and to reapply constantly until I run out of juice. And then to forget about D&G fragrances.

FredFrag
FredFrag

Performance is GARBAGE.

Don't waste your money in this scented WATER

asantia7
asantia7

Wanted to like it but the performance is down right bad. Gone within 1.5 hrs. Also, alot of ppl in the community are saying that they did a good job "enhancing" the potency without changing the smell and I'd have to disagree. The edt had a unique tingly tobacco/boozy note which made the fragrance feel energized. This doesn't have that. It smells much more smashed together. There's still some boozyness but it's like a citrus/grapefruit type. Lacks the sharp elegance that the edt had while not providing any increase in performance.

Endymion

A 100% unnecessary release!
It's not much different to the original The One neither in composition, nor in performance.
Really, what was the point of this release?
Yeah, I forgot, money...

Dragos Al
Dragos Al

Very nice fragrance ,one of the best! Classy and gorges ! 10/10

seekritdude
seekritdude

The One is one of my favorite scents of all time. I believe its been reformulated a few times and know for a fact at least once as its easy to just tell by the ingredients.

The beginning of the fragrance is the most noticeably different comparing the EDT and EDP. After that comparably rhe EDP, is slightly darker/richer/creamier/thicker. The grapefruit lasts longer, and the cardamom is much more apparently especially during the beginning.

For what its worth they are pretty much the same. The EDP is stronger, and lasts noticeably than the current EDT version.

But honestly if I had to say I think the EDT smells a little bit better, I think I enjoy the slightly more citrus vibe of the EDT, as I guess the mix just works better for me contrast wise, and a little more crisp. Im not super horny about the much stronger cardamom note in the EDP, but admittedly we all know how much people like frags like la nuit etc so perhaps this wont matter to some.

Anyway nice smelling fragrance, perhaps redundant if you already own it, but worth checking out otherwise just as the EDT was/is.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

Smelled this at Macy's today. It is identical to the EDT for the most part, maybe a bit darker?? After about 20-30 minutes I smelled an orange scone! Give this a few months or a year and it will be about $40-60 on fragrancenet and other discount websites. $90 for a 3.4oz you must be joking! The performance was about the same as the EDT....pass

psearcy

I've been wearing the EDP version of d&g the one just like the EDT I'm still getting about 3 hours the EDP is no better

vaan1236

It's officially in Macy's. You can check out their website or go to the store.

Huato1
Huato1

I also get a mango note right off the top it smells delicious :) I never had longevity problems with the original 6-8 hours but this one last on my skin 8+... I can't wait to see how this preformes in the summer

maxen
maxen

Unfortunately it hasn't enough sillage and it is still edt level, not a edp. when it is edt, we wait his edp state, now when it is edp, we will wait his extrait state.

SteelerOpera
SteelerOpera

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THIS AT THE STORE... Make sure you have them check their stock of the EDT. The boxes are VERY similar, so much so that this was at my counter for weeks without me even knowing it was there! A co-worker put it on the shelf and she had no idea it was different from the EDT. If you're looking at Macy's go online or have them look it up in the computer in the store. Use the Web ID: 2652230 for the 3.3oz bottle. I'm not trying to promote anything, I'm just trying to help you find it. If I missed it on my shelf chances are there are 100's of other SA's oblivious to the fact that they have it. Now for a quick review ;)

Just got this today, first take- I'm not impressed. Doesn't have the class that the EDT has, the woodiness is muted and added in is this common note that seems to be prevalent in many new releases (Sauvage, BdC, etc.) which really turns my nose. Projection is not much better than the original, though it does tend to last longer.

tetsuoyouth
tetsuoyouth

Just checked Macys website and its available to purchase and apparently in store as well. Might go take a trip today to see if they set it up! Cant wait to get my hands on it!!

adrian.meeks.35
adrian.meeks.35

For those who say this doesn't project or is kinda weak on their skin,, then you must have skin of a alligator because this does act as a EDP and is very rich in the opening. Of course it has the same DNA but the richness is the key!

lalelu
lalelu

This smells so cheap. Also the projection and longevity sucks..

deepak52520
deepak52520

i bought in Luxury club "Dubai Mall"
Costed me 510 UAD..
perfume is very nice.. love it
But it stays for only 2-3hrs..
so doesn't worth the price.........

MDW
MDW

A bit too sweet

palmtrees403
palmtrees403

Smell: 9.5
Sillage: 7
Longevity: 7

- Smells similar to the EDT version, however I pick up a fruity, sweet opening
- Isn't that much of an improvement from the EDT, however it is an improvement nonetheless
- Great for the winter and fall
- One of my favourite colognes for the winter
- Projection isn't great and it does die down after 3.5 - 4.5 hours on my skin
- As of Dec 28, 2015 it isn't widely available yet, I got mine at a duty free shop in Mexico

Scent: 8.7
Sillage: 6
Longevity: 7

- Very similar to the EDT version, however the opening seems to have a fruity juicy tone to it
- Isn't a massive improvement over the EDT version, however it is an improvement
- Sweet, gentle, smoothness cuts through the cold, making it great for winter and fall
- More of a day time scent
- It projects for a few hours and clings to my skin
- It lasts longer than the EDT however I can still only get 5 - 6 hours max

stephan
stephan

The opening is nice, the dry down smells like opoponax + iso e super. Sillage is zero. 4/10

landshark321
landshark321

Dolce and Gabbana The One EDP opens with a spicy citrus accord from the grapefruit and coriander, and relatiely quickly devolves into the heart and base: a mix of tobacco and cedar, mainly. I get a little ginger and cardamom but mostly a tobacco dominance softened by the presence of cedar.

The fragrance is elegant and agreeable, and could easily be a man's signature scent. I liken its tobacco/citrus combination to a more refined, deeper version of Banana Republic's Black Walnut. I could see it having year-round and formal/casual versatility.

I've seen a handful of comparisons between the EDT and EDP, and not being an authority on the EDT, I'd try to analyze the EDP out of context, but I have to say that I agree with the general consensus that it's not particularly strong for an EDP, so I can see how many might be disappointed if they were expecting a beast of a fragrance. That said, I doubt I'll pursue the EDT if it's allegedly (and predictably) weaker than the EDP.

I like it, but it might take some time for me to grow to love it. I've smelled many better expressions of tobacco but it's a pleasant fragrance.

7 out of 10

frangellan
frangellan

If you are in the U.S. you can find this on the Harrod's website. They do international shipping to the states!

techno1980

I will be honest like every time i write here. This is not a full review, just some impressions after trying it 3 times.

It smells really nice. On me it lasts 8 to 10 hours. projects very well for 3-5 hours. i get whiffs of it from my hand after that time.

I see many ppl bashing it, calling it letdown and they see no improvement comparing to the EDT. I must disagree and i think its a very solid frag, not beast mode but very solid, and smells amazing. Hopefully to buy it soon ;)

Quillion
Quillion

Sweet amber, tobacco, ginger. Almost smells peachy.

The scent needs to be widely distributed with a light even coat on the skin for good results, because if you hit only one spot a couple of times it WILL blow you out.

Overall it's very nice but probably not for everybody.

This is a good bottle for my collection.

Try before buy.

7.5/10

corsario
corsario

Perfumes contendo aroma de tabaco me deixa muito satisfeito. Infelizmente o preço desse perfume ainda está muito alto, porém estou atento para poder comprar assim que encontrar uma promoção.

Guinea54
Guinea54

To me this release is bullshit.. IF anyone is interested I have a five oz bottle brand new in box for sale or swap.

Here is my short review of The one EDP
Scent- 98 percent like the original EDT
Performance- 98 percent like the original EDT (which SUCKS)
I compared them side by side on clothes, skin and paper with the EDT.. Unless there are different batches floating around.. the performance is just as shitty as the original.

Challenge. Spray a t shirt with a couple of sprays leave the room,, come back 30 mins later and see how close you have to get to smell it. Go back in an hour and check again. They need a pure extract version of this stuff. I can't believe this shit gets so much praise and high ratings.. They basically put a 98 percent the same [email protected] fragrance on the market, and people are giving it a stand up ovation. Than you get great fragrances that perform well and everyone shits on it and clicks the dislike button. what the hell is wrong with people

romansandals
romansandals

Similar beautiful scent as the original with better performance. I can smell a lightly sweet woodsy base even at 8 hours from a couple of inches away. But something magical happens when I layer with the edt (1 spray edp, allow to dry, then 2 sprays edt)... I can still smell the distinctive aroma of The One from 3-4 inches away past the 8-hour mark.

izzyd
izzyd

smells very similar to the edt and performance wise its a little better then the edt. I get 1-2 hours from the edt and 3-4 hours from the edp.Still a very weak edp, but definitely an improvement from the original.

Wheresmybeer
Wheresmybeer

Just tried this today, sprayed 2 full sprays on my wrist..
My impression, the smell is great, & it does stay on the skin
longer then the EDT, projects a bit better then the EDT, but it's not
a projection beast or anything, it's still a up close & personal scent.
Got a bit of a shock at the price though (we pay more for everything here in Australia)
$98 for 50 ml... I went home to think about it at that price. I will probably cave in & go & get it tomorrow....lol

simpa256

All we need now is an EDP Intense version! If this lasted like ultra male or 1 million, man it would be through the roof with popularity!!

psearcy

I just got my D&G the one edp in today maybe my skin just want hold this,the opening smells the same then towards the dry down the smell takes a different turn,but it still smells beautiful but about the 4hours mark the smell disappear i really don't see any difference in the longevity department still weak

the_badger

My local store has it for $100 but I went for something else. Wasn't a hardcore fan of the original so I can wait for the price to drop.

dolcethadon

@Endymion - I completely agree with you on this one! It is technically essentially the same scent just in EDP form.. But I guess when they turned The One into an EDP the structure of the scent changed a bit, so yes this EDP does not smell exactly the same.. This EDP strongly focuses on a juicy/fruity grapefruit note.. This EDP is a bit denser and darker but it is also much more fruitier.. The grapefruit sticks around throughout this EDP whereas in the EDT the grapefruit dissipated fast and gave way to tobacco and amber..

Endymion

I'm amazed that so many of here say that it's the same fragrance as the original only stronger.
I find these two significantly different. This EDP has a very strong fruity note for me, don't really like it.

canesforlife
canesforlife

Perfection. 10x better than original. Top 5 ever in my list

Onria
Onria

Better than the original, not by much though, much creamier/more depth from initial blast.

This is a slight upgrade from the original, I think "The One" is destined to be a skin scent for romantic close encounters, I am convinced this is the case.

Boozy, sensual and sophisticated, with a hint of playfulness.
I blind bought this because I do not see how I could have gone wrong, the only thing that let me down is how I felt about the original EDT, over hyped...

lneleman
lneleman

I never really had an issue with the EDT version's performance. So I compared them and tried the regular on one hand, and the EDP op the other. For me the EDP smelled the same, just denser and more complete. I got around 8+ hours with the EDP, and that was after washing my hands and cooking. It is definitely stronger than the original and lasts longer. Go for the EDP guys. The bottle is also cooler.

kami07
kami07

با سلام دوستانی که دوستدار این عطر هستن مثل خوده من باید بگم که نسخه پرفیوم این عطر سنگین تر از نسخه اصلی شده و به نظر من رایحش گرمتروخوشمزه تره ماندگاری عطر و پخشش خیلی بهتر شده که البته روی پوست من کلا عطرها موندگاریش خیلی عالیه و این بخاطر جنس پوستمه شاید برای دیگران اینطوری نباشه و بطری عطر واقعا جذاب ترو شیکتر شده مخصوصا اون دورنگیش من که حال کردم توایران هنوز نیومده من از ترکیه گرفتم

ryguy17
ryguy17

tried this several times on one hand, and regular 'the one' on the other hand.. both times, the regular one, lasted longer.. take that for what it is..

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

Un parfum trés bon, ressemble beacoup au classique the one, mais en plus fort et en plus sucrée je trouve.... vraiment a saisir et a ne pas passer a coté

techno1980

I was thinking about getting this one or CH Men Prive, so i have tested it side by side in local perfume store. I did it twice, two days in a row, on a pretty cold autumn day/night. Prive on the right hand, The One EDP on the left...Both smelled good, and i really liked how The One EDP smelled, but CH Prive just outperformed it in terms of projection and longevity. Only i could smell in the air is Prive, which is irony, i really wanted The One EDP to perform better so i can buy it, but no....Sad story :)

bmcd921
bmcd921

Anyone know when this will be available in the US? Would love to try it!

kasper.larsen.13
kasper.larsen.13

Tried this yesterday. Loved the smell, quite sweet and elegant. I never really wore the edt so it's hard to compare. People say the edt has terrible longevity and sillage.

I think this one gets bashed at bit too much as well, I found the longevity to be alright (around six hours) with a bit under medium sillage. So no, it's not a monster, but it smells really good and I think it's present for a fair time.

There's definetely weaker stuff out there.
Might be a buy for me...

Subzero0
Subzero0

This excellent fragrance is a must have 10/10. I bought it recently, as soon as it was available in my local store, and it fulfilled all expectations.
It's a bit richer, more spicier than the EDT, lasts 1-2h longer, projects just the way it should, and of course the scent itself is heavenly! I still have to encounter someone who doesn't like this scent, it garners compliments everywhere. This belongs in my top5 for fall/winter. Olivier Polge delivered another master piece, excellent work !

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

I took this one to the test today and I am very impressed.

The One EDT smells amazing but the performance is so poor that I have not bought it. The One EPD is pretty much what I really wanted from The One from the beginning.

It smells very similar to the EDT, just a little more strong and full, and it lasts and projects very well! Not really a beast, but not a slouch either.

This is what The One should have always been.

It's awesome! Thanks for this EDP. Gonna buy it.

GodKing
GodKing

Like everyone else I love this scent; it's masculine and women really love smelling it on my skin. And it's 95% identical to The One EDT, IMO, which is absolutely fine with me. I cannot think of anything new that hasn't already been mentioned about The One EDP or it's predecessor but, to me, the EDP is a slightly darker fragrance that projects soft-to-moderately--just like the EDT--and last roughly 6-7 hours on my skin, which is much better than the 3-5 hours I got out of the the EDT.

Unlike the EDT, I can wear this fragrance as an evening/date scent without carrying around an atomizer in my pocket - big plus! However, like the EDT, it is a much better cuddle scent so I wear it for time spent in more intimate settings.

I know that some folks aren't thrilled with the Eau de Parfum because it doesn't perform better. However, it smells almost identical to the original, is perhaps just a shade darker and deeper, and lasts another 2-hours on my skin so I'm ecstatic (e.g., doing back-flips) because that's just what I've been looking for in the EDP version. Sure, I love my bombastic scents that projects 6+ hours and last 24+ on my skin, but I have plenty of those and The One is a deal sealer, if you know what I mean.

groover
groover

Nice dark bottle, starts off as a dense
whiskey vibe, but ends up smellig like the
edt. If you liked the edt i cant see why you
wouldnt like this one, it is almost the same
but it feels even more mature than it ever did,
and personally i really liked it, as for sillage
and longevity its pretty much the same as the edt, only this smells more dark and boozy.

josevancouver

I would have to agree with Dolcethadon below. There are some slight nuances that make this fragrance smell slightly different than the EDT. Having said that, it is denser....because it is an eau de parfum. This is not an intense version though....just a deeper version of the edt with subtle nuances. I love it....but that is because I also love the EDT version....

dolcethadon

I really enjoyed the original EDT version of The One for men but unfortunately it really lacked in performance.. So of course I had to try the new EDP version of The One.. This EDP is really just a denser version of the original, but because it is an EDP the scent also comes off slightly different.. This EDP opens up with a very fruity and juicy grapefruit which is the star of the opening.. This EDP definitely comes off a bit denser and slightly darker but believe it or not I get a lot more grapefruit in this EDP.. Tobacco and amber add a warm sweet vibe to this fragrance but whereas the EDT's grapefruit opening quickly gave way to a tobacco and amber based scent the EDP differs.. In the EDP the grapefruit sticks around a lot longer and because of this the spices, florals, tobacco and amber are not as prominent as they are in the EDT.. I would have preferred more emphasis on the tobacco and amber in this EDP rather than the grapefruit but the grapefruit in this fragrance still does smell very nice.. Do I feel like this EDP smells better than the EDT? No, not really but it definitely does perform a bit better on my skin which is definitely a plus.. Yes this EDP does perform a bit better than the EDT but it is definitely still what I would consider a subtle scent.. Overall this EDP is a very nice fragrance but it may not be what everyone was expecting, it does smell really good though as does the EDT..

Aamir Ahmed

@ThatMakesScent:agreed.there shouldnt be lower concentration than EDP...thats the reason i like middle eastern frags which comes in EDP or even higher concentrations.Examples r RASASi and JUNAID JAMSHED.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Bad News People.
I am wearing the EDP as I write this. Believe it or not the EDT is much better less the longevity issues. The opening of the EDP is powerless and scentless. You don't even get the rush of the opening that you get with the fleeting EDT. It does sit very heavy on the skin but even with my nose to my arm I can barely smell anything. There are several bad performing EDTs that trump this in performance...sigh.

Unfortunately the new running joke in the industry is the bastardization of higher concentrations. Most don't hold up to the promise.

Sorry. I wish I could describe a more positive experience.

Your friend in misery,

Thatmakesscents

josevancouver

So my package from Italy with La Nuit de L'homme Intense and The One Parfum arrived in the mail yesterday and I've given the One Parfum version a full wearing. I've put exactly the same amount of the EDT and the EDP on the back of each of my hands to compare the two.

My first impressions:

1. This smells like The One...just a bit deeper and with a bit more staying power.

2. This is not some intense version of The One. It's just a parfum version of The One. Having said that, if you love The One but wish it was a bit stronger, I believe the parfum version is stronger and just deeper.

3. The only scent difference I detected was that there seems to be a fruitier top note compared to the original version. Slight difference, but noticeable to my nose.

I'm glad I got this. I love The One. Always have. Getting something with a bit more bite (bit) is always welcome to me.

Fraichey
Fraichey

I never understood the hype for the original The One and put that down to me not being able to smell the scent from the extremely poor projection. So I hoped that the EDP would save some of the reputation.

Unfortunately, I still don't particularly find the smell that amazing. Fairly transparent amber, spices not that spicy, and the whole thing is fairly shallow and sweetish lacking depth and interest. However it is an improvement on the EDT version which is even worse. Projection and longevity were fairly ok. Two sprays to the wrist projected well for 3 hours before going to a skin scent for another 3-4 hours.

jays786
jays786

Disappointed not a ture edp still a very weak scent.

BringMe2Life927
BringMe2Life927

Is this available in the states yet? I haven't seen it in stores or online ANYWHERE!

Thanks!

lovetribe
lovetribe

I Feel only more Citrus in open and after only disgusting swweeet
. There are many other scent similar. Performance similar of edt. Give me an istantaneous headache.

Valfar
Valfar

This was indeed the most anticipated fragrance this year, at least for me. I always loved the original The One scentwise, like, a lot. But as you well know, the performance was really an issue. That's why it's not in my collection. So, i think for most of us an EDP version of this would be like a dream came true, right? So there it was, found it in a duty free shop 2 days ago and i have to say that when i saw the bottle i got excited as a 10 year old seeing an awesome toy car or any other cool toy. Applied 3 full sprays on my wrist and 2 more on paper to take home with me for a detailed impression. Well, scentwise it's not really much to say about it, it not really deeper or darker than the original, in fact in the opening i get a lot more grapefruit than the original. It doesn't take long for the scent to became identical with the original.
Anyway, let's get to the important part, the performance!
As expected, as most of the EDP fragrances for men, the sillage it's not really impressive, it's below average. It's an intimate sillage, noticeable in small rooms, or cuddling with your girlfriend or hugging with someone. But compared with the original, this is definitely an improvement. As for longevity, well, i have to say that this one really lasts, although sits close to skin, it's still there for several hours and still noticeable.

Overall, it's a decent improvement from the original, not spectacular, but it's good. I was with my girlfriend when i tried this, and she loved it a lot. She said i should buy it soon, so i guess this will be in my collection soon, although the overall performance it's moderate, and i usually enjoy heavier fragrances, for this one i think i will make an exception because it's an amazing fragrance and the performance it's not that frustrating as with the original.
Some final ratings on this one:
Performance: 6.5/10

manu.tq
manu.tq

Tried it yesterday. Two sprays on the back of the hand. The smell is almost similar to EDT, but it is more dense, feels heavier and a bit spicier. Longevity is about 2-3 hours longer than the EDT, and it also projects a bit better.
However i don't find it totally necessary to buy if you have the EDT.

alshujairy86
alshujairy86

Pretty good smell and nice longevity. As others have said, the projection is a problem. It can work well during wintery nights for closes spaces and snugglly laps.

mm83
mm83

I tried this and CD Sauvage last night at 8.. After 3 hours I could still smell sauvage however the one EDP had completely fainted.
Note that I used full 2 sprays of EDP and just half spray of sauvage.. However this is a much better scent than sauvage.

liverpoolism
liverpoolism

A much denser from the original 'EDT'...very nice & classic + long lasting with a moderate projection.
I purchased (150ml) bottle.
If you like the original you'll fall in love with 'EDP'.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Just like in 2008, I smelt this and thought 'wow' - a gorgeous, sensual fragrance consistent with the warm, sensual caramel, gold and amber colours used in the bottle design.

I was at the time and remain, a huge fan of D&G By Man, but of their 21st century offerings, this came the closest in terms of the same sensual power - at first!

To say the original 'The One' eau de toilette was fleeting, is an understatement of epic proportions. Still a beautiful fragrance, but as elusive as it is sensual and enticing.

Thus, I was excited to see in a London airport (note, if you know anyone travelling through airports, this is on sale in many duty free airport stores) that the folks at D&G towers had chosen to develop an intense/eau de parfum version of this.

Sadly, the more intense initial offerings of the top notes give way to a very similar elusive quality that dries down quickly to almost nothing on your skin. That said, this is so gorgeous a scent, that it wouldn't put me off buying it for my collection as the initial essence is so enthralling and intoxicating that it's worth it nonetheless!

Ivano
Ivano

I surprisingly found this fragrance at a store. As the rest of you I've been waiting for this for a long time.

The original The One EdT was the first scent I ever bought because back in the day, even for a 18 year old untrained nose, it standed out of the crowd, it was almost unbeatable for me in terms of smell.

The smell of this EdP is almost the same as the original but it feels thicker, heavier on amber and drier, not as spicy.

Anyway, the problem has never been the smell, what I wanted was a longer lasting better projecting scent but this isn't entirely achieved here.

During the first hour it does project well but becomes a skin scent after that and lasts very close to skin for at least 8 hours

So yes, it's a bit stronger than the EdT but a bit disappointing at the same time cause I expected more. Maybe it's all a matter of expectations...

Overall, it's better than the EdT and is worth buying because it certainly does improve its power but I feel like they missed the opportunity of creating something outstanding, a cult fragrance. This doesn't surprise me as the original pre-reformulated EdT did at New Year's Eve 2008. That was magic and this smell will always be with me just to transport myself back to that moment when I got into fragrances.

dssmaster
dssmaster

Can anyone point me out to where I can buy this? I'm a big fan of this fragrance, but the EDT just doesn't last much, and been hoping that D&G would bring an EDP version. It seems that Dolce & Gabbana read all the reviews of the EDT and decided to make things right for us. If this one lasts more than the EDT, I sure won't buy anything else.

Stromboli
Stromboli

Soory but how can you drag sliders of sillage and lasting power when you haven't given this to come scent a full wear, i mean not just a brief whiff at an airport. Ridiculous!

champykilo
champykilo

Eau de Parfum DOESNT mean that it will project like a beast. It means simply the smell will stay on skin longer than the EDT. Its just like Bleu de Chanel EDP doesnt project better than the EDT but it lingers longer especially for cooler nights. And the EDP is more likely to last longer on fabrics so try that too

abdulrahim_93
abdulrahim_93

Smells awesome. However, lasts for about 2 - 3 hours on skin.

mikeyt1975
mikeyt1975

when I seen the review of this on YouTube from greggieboy76 I couldn't believe it finally the day have been dreaming of THE ONE EDP.

I had to get a bottle and thanks too a very kind man on fragrantica my dream has come true.

You know who you are thanks again your a star.

Have just sprayed it on my wrist and I must say I love it.

Smells like the original which I love and get good results from on my skin.

I see this has a improved edt this is what the original should have smelled like.

But which ever way you look at this its still better then the original.

Thumbs up from me.

spawn85
spawn85

just smelled at duglas in Rome,

one word: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

i think i could go sniffing it for rest of my life

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

My dream came true!!!
THE ONE in edp version, with a better longevity.
I saw this at Santiago Airport but There isn't a bottle for test.
I hope test this soon.
my hope is high !!!

Guapo
Guapo

Simply a work of art. Fantastic, better than the EdT version.

aclapes
aclapes

I had the opportunity to sniff this stuff yesterday. Generously, sprayed it on one arm (3 sprays) and did the same with the EDT version on the other arm. Definetely, EDP is a darker scent, more rich and alluring. I detect less ginger in the opening. Smells quite sophisticated for being a designer fragrance.

My nose is not very powerful. By that I mean for me it's hard to smell at larger distances, but I was detecting the EDP version at one arm distance. After 1 hour shopping around the mall the projection had been cut down to half. And after 2 hours or so, it was only detectable close to my skin (10~15 cm).

Regarding the longevity. Well, I don't know if it's my lazy nose or my dry skin (yes, I'm that combo), but after 4~5 hours I could barely smell anything but a powder ghost.

I really enjoy the scene, but taking into account the performance this is a pass for me. Sorry.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

We already have it in the store.

Since I am not a huge fan of the original, I did not have any expectations about it at all. In fact, it was sitting on the shelf for about 1 week and I decided to try it today. So, no, I wasn't that enthusiastic about it.

However, I must admit, I like this one. Maybe I even love it. Can't decide yet. But I really like that tobacco/ginger accord on that huge amber base. It has also a really good performance too. Much much better than the EDT but the smell itself is too close to it. Not too sweet, not too spicy this perfume achieves perfect harmony from it's ingredients and The One EDP is easily the best offering from D&G in recent history in the men's perfume department.

All in all, it may grow on me, it may not. But it gets a pretty good start from me. A very beautiful, quality perfume. 8/10

harlemmal

@dr.engr go on youtube, there is a review. There are countries that get it prior. Its not global release dates.

siraog

In my original the one review i wished for an edp version of the fragrance. and at last, my dreams came true. I haven't tried it yet, but please D&G don't screw up.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

Funny that this is Probably the most anticipated perfume that no one knew it was coming :)

Endymion

So people how is that there're 13 posts about this fragrance yet ONLY 1 is a review by someone who actually has smelled it? 16 votes yet only 1 person writes that he sniffed it.
I believe you that it's already available yet how is it possible none of you - execpt 1 - write about how it smells?
Hm...
Sorry, but I hardly believe that all those voters have actually smelled the fragrance (I bet they at least had written a small review too).

Otakar Ishar
Otakar Ishar

Very good news .Yesterday I read message that Azzaro release Azzaro pour Homme the parfum , today Dolce&Gabbana The One for men the parfum and comes tommorow ?

GeorgeY
GeorgeY

@Endymion Actually I've already got a bottle for myself and a bottle for my friend who is a YT reviewer. I split my bottle to some other members from a Facebook group as well.

Have to say, my first test was good, 4 -5 sprays on the back of my arm and I got around 4 hours projection then it remained close to skin for another 4 hours or so. So I said the longevity is around 8 hours or maybe more, depends on how many sprays you apply.

HOWEVER, I got some feedbacks from the others yesterday.

Their first tests didn't go as well as mine. Maybe I was lucky or maybe because I tested it on a warm day and I got a bit exercise.

The performance on them were poor. They didn't get too much difference between the EDT and the EDP.

I went to boots to sprayed 3 - 4 sprays of the EDT on the back of my hand before went to the cinema yesterday.
Thought it's better to use a tester instead of my little sample.

Both version smell pretty identical like I said in my first test review but the issue with the EDT is its poor projection.
I had to get my nose close to my hand to smell it in cinema, otherwise I can hardly smell anything, even by waving my hand.
But on my first day test I smelled the EDP on the bus, in the restaurant and walking way back to my flat easily.

I'm wearing it today to give it another try since I heard many poor feedbacks.

Today I got 1 spray on each side of my neck, 1 spray on the back of my neck and 1 spray on each arm at 11:30 instead of spraying only on the back of one arm.

It's chill and rainy in Aberdeen this morning and I'm sitting in my flat. I kept getting wafts for the first 3 hours but yeah, it's not as strong as I got on my first day test. I felt I was surrounded by the scent on my first test.

Now it's 15:30, 4 hours past and it's close to skin as expected (it happened the same on my first test). Still detectable and I think it's gonna remain like this for a couple hours and then be gone.

Still similar result to the first test on my skin. The only thing I noticed is that on my first test I sprayed all sprays at only one spot instead of one spray for different places. That may explain why I got better performance on my first test. But I still would say 3 - 4 hours of projection and around 8 hours longevity give or take 1 hour (depends on where & how you spray it). it's still better than the EDT, at least for me.

So, I don't know. It may be a decent bottle for you or may be a disappointment.

I think it's better to let everyone know what I heard and what I got.

As a member from basenotes said it's quite subjective. Good performance for one could be terrible to others.

At the end of the day, it won't be cheap as an EDP when it comes to department stores for retail price.

Cheers.

archlordema

Hell yeah! So very happy about this release!

Event thought I just Bought the new Boss bottled intense now my all time favorites have enhanced performance!

Couldn't be happier!!!

Aamir Ahmed

@Endymion: Its already on the market....a fragrantica member bought it in Heathrow airport...

harlemmal

@Endymion, its actually out. There is a review on YouTube already. I think some European countries have it

Lombao
Lombao

A little better than the original, the performance is like EDT concentration, last a little more (2-3 hours in total). Another "extreme" "intense" "dark" "night" option for almost the same juice, whatever they want to call it for sell it better. Pure marketing.

dolcethadon

Dolce & Gabbana were really onto something when they created The One for Men, but at the end of the day the fragrance ended up falling a bit short in my opinion.. The scent smelled great but the performance was very very timid almost to the point of the scent being impossible to detect.. If The One performed a lot better and if the scent was a bit deeper and a tad bit richer it may have had potential to be one of my favorites! Now I am hoping that this new EDP fixes all the problems of the EDT.. It looks like this EDP has all the same notes of the EDT and is being advertised as an enhanced denser version of The One instead of a different scent.. That sounds like exactly what I wanted and exactly what all "The One fans" wanted.. Dolce & Gabbana have been impressing me recently, first with their gorgeous new fragrance Intenso which is a intense flanker to Pour Homme and hopefully they will also impress me with this new EDP of The One! The bottle of this new EDP itself is impressive, beautiful!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.