Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Diable Au Corps Donatella Pecci Blunt for women

Diable Au Corps Donatella Pecci Blunt for women
dislike

Diable Au Corps Donatella Pecci Blunt for women Pictures

Diable Au Corps, a perfume from the Italian countess Donatella Pecci-Blunt, was created in 1990. According to her words “this perfume brings men to their knees and steals their souls”. The "Countess" collaborated with some of the most well known names in the perfume industry to create her perfume and packaging design.

This oriental – floral – chypre composition features the notes of mandarin, marigold, peach, galbanum, jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose, pink carnation, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, oakmoss, opoponax, labdanum, amber, vanilla, myrrh, patchouli, sandalwood, cedar, civet, castoreum and musk.

It is available as 50 ml EDT.

Musk Carnation Jasmine French labdanum Ylang-Ylang Sandalwood Patchouli Opoponax oak moss Virginia Cedar Galbanum Amber Cardamom Coriander Cinnamon Vanille Mandarin Orange Myrhh Castoreum Civetta Rose Peach Marigold

Diable Au Corps Fragrance Reviews

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

Recently I realized that I love spicy, smooth rose notes and fiddling with different notes I discovered this gem! This is one hell of a perfume! It starts bold, spicy with a prominent floral/rose note but after a while the spices and animalic notes kick in, big time. The depth of them together with musk and spices remind me something of Kouros and at this stage the floral notes have very little input. As time goes the spicy animalics get bolder and more prominent resulting after an extremely long period in soft, spicy woody notes. This is a beast in sillage and longevity, NOT for wallflowers or those who prefer more innocent and delicate florals. This is a sinful,diabolic rose indeed and I for one am glad to own it!

PDC
PDC

I had a little fear the civet ánd castreum would be overpowering but right from the start (okay, let the alcohol have a few seconds to disappear) it’s perfectly balanced.

I can’t think of anything missing or being too prominent. It’s got plenty of body and depth. It’s rich and seductive and too bad I won’t be able to wear this at the office, atlhough sillage is close to the skin and personally I don’t think it will get men on their knees or follow me around.

Diable au Corps doesn’t need to evolve as far as I’m concerned, this is a finished perfume from the getgo. Since there are only topnotes I guess it’s a good thing then.

3 Hours later and it’s not as impressive as the start, but it still smells gorgeous enough to say I love it!
7 Hours later; still as good as 3 hours ago.

puppynose

It develops so beautifully on my skin, and though I have had the misfortune of my skin chemistry magnifying the tart/sour/citric components of some otherwise lovely perfumes, or turning them into a big choking puff of powder, none of those misfortunes occur using this on MY SKIN.
I prefer my mouillettes with egg yolk, mmmmm.

Henriette
Henriette

I have always found this too sour on my skin. I felt it more in my throat than in my nose. I am sure it has good in its formula but on my skin it was very vulgar. I suggest you try it on your skin and not only on mouillettes.

puppynose

It is beautiful- Oddly the warm animalic chypre notes introduce themselves before anything else. In this perfume, warm is not hot or heavy and dry is NOT powdery dusty scratchy or acrid but dry as in dry wine. In these opening moments I revel in the ecstatic blast of perfection, sad that it it so brief. Within a few minutes- less than five minutes- these players politely recede but do not depart, while the more elegant floral accord accompanied by the tiniest drop of fruit, begins to blossom and dance on the stage. This is an intriguing reversal of the usual high to low progression. I detect a freshness- not a cheap synthetic aquatic or detergent stench, but a delicious fresh spiced resinous air which is prominent during the opening act and remain present to the finale. The clean aspect includes the galbanum myrrh and cardamom. The fresh spice accord is in the realm of the long gone original Fendi. Though labdanum can turn some juice to dust, it is in consort here with oppoponox, keeping things dignified but not dessicated or dusty. While these chypre and oriental base players do patiently await their turn to star again in the final acts and curtain call, they never leave the stage. Instead they hum harmoniously, respectfully quiet (not silent) while the slightly fruit kissed nectar dipped flowers and other botanicals play out their roles. I believe you must enjoy civet to appreciate this one. Civet castoreum and musk are artfully entwined- a rare and wonderful thing, especially in contemporary perfumes. The spices do not upstage, but instead serve to "season" the dish as they would in a culinary context. This in not a foody or gourmand frag- but delicious as a lover's neck is deliscious.
I especially appreciate the absence of typical overused cliche woody/amber/musk aroma chemicals here. I find this to be a hybrid-between a Chypre-Floral and an Oriental. It reminds me somewhat of my late beloved K de Krizia, although there is a stage at which K develops a tiny bit of a fresh soapiness and this one does not. This is not a teenibopper scent- but that was probably obvious without my saying so. A masterpiece, a sleeper, and although the concentration is rather light, the per use price is quite reasonable. The customer service is impressive. When there was a problem with my second order, they graciously apologized and made it right and then some.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

SOMEONE must have tried this ? I found only 1 place selling it online

"the royal lifestyle" ... sounds v nice perfume , but dont want to buy unsniffed or unreviewd !!

Can somebody please please please review this one? The notes sounds sooo amazing!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Donatella Pecci Blunt Diable Au Corps fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Donatella Pecci Blunt Diable Au Corps, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diable Au Corps by Donatella Pecci Blunt. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diable Au Corps by Donatella Pecci Blunt represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.