Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Magnolia Romana Eau D`Italie for women

Magnolia Romana Eau D`Italie for women
dislike

Magnolia Romana Eau D`Italie for women Pictures Magnolia Romana Eau D`Italie for women Pictures Magnolia Romana Eau D`Italie for women Pictures Magnolia Romana Eau D`Italie for women Pictures

Magnolia Romana is all that one remembers of a Magnolia: a scent initially fresh and transparent, then warmer. The full roundness of a pure white flower touched by the green freshness of basil, the cleanliness of a lotus blossom mixed with a summer ozone note. Crushed lemon leaves contrast the dark green evanescent bitterness of damp earth, rounding the composition.

Top notes feature purple basil from Northern Italy, lemon leaves from Calabria, Neroli from Grasse (distilled orange blossom), Comore Islands nutmeg, and cypress from Italy.
The heart brings Magnolia flower extract from Italy, Bulgarian Rose essence, traces of tuberose, lotus, ozone and water notes.
The Base includes Cedar from Virginia, French hay extract and white musk.
The fragrance was launched in 2008.

See also Springtime Magnolia Romana by Eau d`Italie

Eau De Magnolia

Magnolia Romana Fragrance Reviews

Planet_X
Planet_X

Wasn't sure about it in winter, but loving it in spring!
I would include "Windy" note in pyramid, instead of aquatic. Reminds me of fresh wind, when tall cypresses are dancing under the southern skies, but no sunshine, close to the rain type of weather. Beautiful fresh cut hay, blossoming magnolias and crispness of the lotus. Even without going out, it is like carrying outdoor aura of spring streets in your hair. So clean and so pure, but not plain and not polished. More like chaotic and exciting, still "windy" is the best word for it.

onaona
onaona

Not a lot of surprise here for me. I thought I might enjoy Magnolia Romana and I did.

I wasn't surprised by the watery feel. Even without the added water notes, magnolia frequently seems to tiptoe towards the aquatic in perfumery, at least in my nose. With lotus on board, it was inevitable.

I wasn't surprised by the greenness. I was hoping for it. The cypress is wonderfully, freshly green. It has awareness, but avoids being sharp.

I definitely wasn't surprised to find Magnolia Romana beautiful, feminine, spring-like. The magnolia note is one of my favorites in perfumery and it does not disappoint here.

The lightness, the wisp, the delicate bone structure...no surprise.

I WAS surprised by the slight sweetness. It's more than natural magnolia sweetness. It also doesn't 'taste' of nutmeg, which is listed as a note, though admittedly not one I can pick out in this composition.

I WAS surprised by the longevity. Sometimes the trade-off for the breathtakingly pretty, which Magnolia Romana is, is a tendency to fade before you are ready to let go.

Noteworthy Notes
--Magnolia (delicate and very, very pretty)
--Lotus (damp)
--Cypress (green)
--clear spring water
--a top hint of sweetness, oranges and basil

Try it.
It might surprise you.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

on my skin, after the green floral burst, it dries down to a mild summery version of magie noire... :)
i like it.

Konst.
Konst.

The rewiev by sherapop says it all.
What can I add?
I sampled it while looking for a scent for my best firend and as we are both in the "no floral" line I was reluctant at first. But this a very untypical floral.
It is a very green, very "fleshy", very spring-like flower - just like a magnolia. It make me think of walking through a garden in early spring when the magnolias are blooming and fresh laundry is hanged out.
On one hand it reminds me of someone very elegant, disreet, keeping distance and even maybe making and inpression of being aloof or poised. On the other hand I know this person would love to take a walk outside during spring time and enjoy the first flowers blooming and the first birds singing - a romantic at heart. I find this scent suitable for both women and men, so ladied and gentelmen - please consider!

PS. After sampling Fleur de Liane today, I have to say, they have nothing in common. Fleur de Liane was a huge disappointment for me - a suffocating floral-pine bomb - completely unlike the discreet and elegant Magnolia Romana.

Maodo
Maodo

Beautiful Magnolia. This perfume has a little simularity with Narciso Rodriquez' For Her Musk Eau de Parfum Intense beceause of the orange blossom, I guess. And I love orange blossom.

jasonx
jasonx

A bland and boring floral aquatic that manages to smell extremely synthetic, reminds me of the same feeling I have for Nautica Bermuda Blue

After falling in love with Fleur de Liane, I have really high hope for this one especially it is said to be Bertrand Duchaufour's better take on the floral aquatic theme between the two

However, this one lacks the complexity and naturalistic that Fleur de Liane has. Flat, very very flat

Regarding the smelling profile, IMO, there's no similarity between this and Fleur de Liane

jameshb
jameshb

After the nice, sweet and spicy initial blast, came the same soapy, watery greenness shown in Fleur de Liane. A huge deception.

I somehow continue to be selecting for testing--completely by accident--perfumes by Bertrand Duchaufour. Oh well, so long as he didn't boil any small children to produce them, I have a clean conscience.

I love magnolia, so let me begin by making my position clear. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that my father grew up in the Deep South (Mississippi, of all places). My mother, a Yankee who grew up in Abe Lincoln's hometown (Springfield, Illinois), doesn't wear perfume at all. The Deep South, for all its problems in catching up with the rest of the nation socially, culturally, economically, and morally, has some pretty swell smells, among which is magnificent magnolia.

Eau d'Italie MAGNOLIA ROMANA is a fine magnolia perfume. It opens briskly and greenly, and I'd probably characterize this as a citrus floral before a soliflore, because the neroli and petit grain are quite noticeable. It is blended with the basil and cypress to produce a truly unisex magnolia perfume, which is unique in my experience. MAGNOLIA ROMANA is not sweet (like the Acqua di Parma magnolia perfume, which I regard as a fruity floral), nor is it bodaciously floral (like the ElizabethW soliflore). No, MAGNOLIA ROMANA is a splendid blend which showcases magnolia but in a completely different way.

I'd love to have a bottle of this!

lara0905
lara0905

Mmmm...this is just georgous!True magnolia with a tiny masculine twist.Fresh, green, a bit dusty...amazing!Full with life, full with vibe, chic and spring-like..I just want to swim in it!:D

I cant stop sniffing my wrist since I put it on.The green notes, hint of spice with magnolia just merges together perfectly.Air-water-fire-earth..all the elements are together in this fragrance.Basil, cypress, orange flower and magnolia evokes the air.Cedar, tuberose, grass and rose gives the illusion of earth.Watery notes with lotus remind me of water and last the spices with musk makes the scent warm and deep.

She's blissful sister of Mon Jasmine Noir by Bvlgary.A must have for spring!:)

Gentle,sophisticated,elegant and luxury airy white floral...simple adorable.;)

Kterhark
Kterhark

I used to live in Colorado, where I would spend my summers hiking in high, alpine meadows. This is tricky territory. The ground is either hard and unforgiving, or soggy marshland. When soggy, your boot can get stuck and pulling it from the muck takes a good yank.

With Magnolia Romana, I feel like it needs a 'good yank'. The florals here are cool, clean, and fresh; but why all the harsh, mucky other stuff? Something was set down here that doesn't belong. It ruins the mood. When those soft florals come through I like this, but that doesn't happen enough.

An OK scent that is one step away from being amazing.

Wispita
Wispita

When I wear this, it smells like the prettier and less strange sister of dear Odeur 71. Very similar, just missing the lightbulby, freshly-xeroxed-paper and metallic notes. Nice and easy on this spring day.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Petit grain is the dominant top note, accompanied by a touch of orange blossom and cypress. (I didn't detect the nutmeg at all.) The green, almost citrusy opening is very energizing! (And a bit unisex which is nice!)

These uplifting greenish tones continue through the heart of the fragrance, where my nose wasn't as clear on all the notes it was smelling, aside from magnolia and water notes, of which the latter seemed to take longer to appear.

When the grass and cedar emerge in the base of the fragrance, the other notes begin to slowly fade, although it is easy to feel they were once there. This is the point at which the fragrance begins to feel too delicate on my skin, and I find myself longing for the intensity of the top notes again. What a beautiful opening, and overall a very nice fragrance with a slightly unisex feel!

Cereza
Cereza

It opens very green, with petit grain at the top. I can definetely feel orange blossom and thank's god there is no nutmeg for me, because with nutmeg the perfume always tend to get too soapy and "clean" for me. The scent itself - it's very shy, even when the magnolia appears it stays very shy, green, fresh and clean. I can't feel my big love - tuberose. I can feel the "water notes", it's this strange feeling...I can't actually say that this is VERY good. It is just good. At least for me. But, the scent is complex and special enough to give advice to everyone - try this. This would be a perfect hot summer vacation fragrance, very beautiful, shy, refreshing and clean.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Magnolia Romana begins, to my nose, rather unsteadly, with an infusion of grassy herbs.

As you move into the heart there is a shimmery, watery green magnolia which when combined with basil and petit grain seems so brisk and fresh and green peppery that I am tempted to liken it to a particulary appealing Nivea aftershave balm that my husband wears. It is at this point however that I also notice how incredibly well-balanced and robust a composition this is - so much so that despite this not being my 'type' of perfume, I am interested in trying other Eau D'Italie offerings. But I digress.

Since being at my desk, dutifully engaged in my busy work, I have noticed that someone around me was wearing Elixir des Merveilles which just seemed so much more exciting. So after a brief (discreet) olfactory exploration of my surrounding workmates, I worked out it was me!

It seems an unusual place for a peppery green magnolia perfume to end up and aside from cedar the two have not a lot in common, notes-wise. It is very welcome suprise nonetheless.

adrienn99
adrienn99

this is a true magnolia scent. Delicate floral with a touch of citrus/green notes.

The basil makes it more exciting.

Though I do not find anything disturbing about it, like said below as sharpness or masculinity.

This is a rich and fresh floral at the same time.

I truly adore magnolias and so far I only smellt such wonder with Amouage's Reflection Woman. I know Reflection Woman is more than magnolias and so is Magnolia Romana but value for money? Magnolia Romana is about 1/4th the price of Reflection Woman. Does Reflection Woman give 4 times as much delight? Not the least.

Nice powdery/woody drydown.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I personally don't like Magnolia Romana it reminds me a shampoo that I use from Propoline.It has something masculine.

FragranceGod
FragranceGod

A great scent that has absolutely nothing
to do with New Orleans or Louisiana.

Carla
Carla

Hey, are you in the mood for a fantasy spring getaway? Well, "come on everybody take a trip with me, down to Mississippi down to New Orleans" and adorn yourself with this southern style scent and get into the Big Easy spirit.

Magnolia Romana a casually tailored Italian scent that interprets nothing less than a deep south feel. Picture yourself strolling through the French Quarter way down yonder in New Orleans where the Magnolia blossoms fill the air. The velvet white petals falling from the the trees form a a white carpet of scented splendor. Could this be heaven on earth? For magnolia lovers, absolutely, as this light and airy mainly magnolia scented fragrance is all you need to fulfill your passion of this fragrant luxe flower.

This semi- sweet, yet sharp scent transudes lemony freshness to the point of sheer bliss. It encompasses a liquid-like dewy coolness that's almost indescribable. Interspersed with basil and grass which represents the shiny green leaves of the magnolia tree, Magnolia Romana creates the perfect embodiment of fine quality. No question, the flavor and flair of Louisiana is expressed in this Italian designed marvel and has my stamp of approval.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Magnolia Romana is as floral and light as a scent can get, but sharp, sharp, and far too present to be discreet. There is no citrus here. This scent is many shades of green, but nothing dark or herbal like a tisane or ointment-all is light, like spring grass and a man who keeps to himself, offering a mild impression from his watery fougere cologne.

Magnolia Romana has no hint of sweetness, it's not very soft either-it's rather stiff but lively. Magnolia flowers really smell this way, from full bloom until the petals make a big pretty mess on the grass, there is this overwhelming pretty but sharp water-sweet deep but thin smell in the air. I prefer magnolia as a touch, or blended to be less sharp-a magnolia this strong can be as sharp as pure lavender! The lotus helps here, lotus can be quite sharp too.

Nevertheless, this is very nice, and I might have to wear my sample many more times to stave off the winter depression here, if I don't pass this on to someone else who could use a bit of spring right now....

imgcas
imgcas

No doubt, this is the lighter scent from Eau d'Italie.

It is a watery-floral, discreet scent. It makes me think of a crystal clear lake where hundreds of white and pink flowers and citrus fruits are floating. Then you pick one of these flowers and smell it. It is fresh and wet, but there's also a subtle sweetness which still remains.

I can easily associate this fragance with Villa Borguese in Rome.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Eau D`Italie Magnolia Romana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Eau D`Italie Magnolia Romana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Magnolia Romana by Eau D`Italie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Magnolia Romana by Eau D`Italie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.