Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Tracy Ellen Tracy for women

Tracy Ellen Tracy for women
dislike

almond

Tracy by Ellen Tracy is a Floral fragrance for women. Tracy was launched in 2006. Tracy was created by Jean-Claude Delville and Richard Herpin. Top notes are peony, plum blossom, cassia and water lily; middle notes are rose, iris, violet and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, almond milk, vanilla, white amber and orris root.

Peony Plum Blossom Cassia Water Lily

Rose iris Violet Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Almond Milk Vanilla White Amber Orris Root

Laura
Haiku Kyoto Flower

Tracy Fragrance Reviews

florina_81bobo
florina_81bobo

I just bought this as a gift set, perfume, body lotion and shower gel, as a blindbuy for my birthday. I put it in the same category with Percieve Oasis from Avon (because of the peony, I just love peony) and maybe also with Chloe. I am already wearing this for two weeks now, but only in the sunny and warm days. My bottle doesn't look like the one pictured here, and as I read I think it might be a reformulation. But I absolutely like it , if it was a little more intense it would have been better! For me this is the smell of my childhood, subtle, powdery, acctually it has a body lotion vibe, I feel the wafts during the day and makes me so confortable! In fact my first sniff reminded me of a friend of my parents, who also was my french teacher, I really feel like this was her perfume and I think it suited her very well, as she was very thin and tall, with her curly long hair, a little too much make up...and all her wool sweaters and skirts, knitted by herself.... just lovely memories!

LLB_addict
LLB_addict

Wow. After reading the recent comments about the new formula, I am SO glad that I held onto my bottle, well box lol When I first started learning my way through the world of fragrance, this was one of the first 10 or 20 that I used.....a LOT. I have a true love of peony if it isn't beat you over the head type of scent. This and Red Door Revealed are my top two peony fragrances. It is true that this is a superb work fragrance. It gets compliments and not the off-handed ones meaning they really don't like it or it's too bold. Tracy is AMAZING. So sad that they have decided to water it down.......or add too much alcohol. Dang, Ellen Tracy fragrances are super inexpensive to begin with...how much cheaper can you make it?!??!

vanillaamber
vanillaamber

I purchased this online as a blind buy, because the price was good. And I thought the design and colors of the box and bottle were nice. I received it and read on the box that it came from China. Not sure if it means the perfume was made there or the package, but I was too afraid to use it after that, and got a refund. But the site allowed me to keep the bottle and throw it away if I want. I'm hesitant to try it until I find out for sure where it was made. I know some people use cosmetics from China, but I feel it may not be safe.

Update: I think it means the box is made in China. I just saw a bottle listed online where the seller intentionally covered and hid the part of the box that appears to say China. But the fragrance is made in the USA. I have to look at my box again but I think it's probably safe to use.

genesis.319
genesis.319

The review under me is correct. The new formula of this is very very watered down. How sad. I loved the old formula. It was soft powdery and lasted a very long time on my skin. Its a shame they decided to get greedy and water this down to turn a bigger profit. I wont be repurchasing.

lollipopsneeze
lollipopsneeze

I'm now convinced they have changed the formula of this. I only smell an alcoholic floral with a hint of vanilla. It was so bad I returned my bottle.

chihchih
chihchih

I can get this bottle just for its name :) haha... but it is a beautiful scent nevertheless. I smell warm & sweet vanilla, peony and almond! :) The scent, however, is very very soft and delicate. Very subtle. I'd prefer it to have larger sillage but it is beautiful as it is. The one I have at hand is a roll tube, maybe if it is a spray bottle would be different? Looking forward to getting a full bottle.

colibri_classique
colibri_classique

I just got my 75ml bottle yesterday and I am very pleased with this blind buy. After reading some reviews here, I decided to get this perfume and I am glad I did it. This is definitely feminine, soft, nice and soothing. Pretty lasting and very discreet, which makes it perfect for office wear. I'm far from being able to detect notes for now, but I can smell violet, peony and almond, and the violet somehow reminds me of Parfum d`Ete Kenzo, the vintage version, which I LOVED. I don't know how it will behave in spring and summer, but right now it is absolutely great. It's creamy, romantic and it gives you a nice feeling. Will probably get another bottle.

vld
vld

Bought this blindly for $15.00. So glad I did. It is a classy elegant floral with a sexy vibe that lasts all day. I love the Lily of the Valley intertwined with Violet. I have not been able to detect the almond at all.The White Amber lingers with warmth and powder. It is very unique fragrance that exudes floral Loveliness. The hubby says "it smells ladylike and soft".

Erinbath22
Erinbath22

I fell in love with this creamy, sweet, almondy beauty by snagging a set of 4 Ellen Tracy roller balls from Burlington. I kept seeing other Ellen Tracy fragrances around discount stores and thought this would be a great way to try the others. I was pleasantly surprised- I actually loved all of them.
But... The one that got most of my attention was Tracy. Nutty, creamy, soft flowers. Violets and roses ....something comforting and ladylike about this one. It also has a cooling effect that I think will be nice in warm weather.

I kept getting sweet almond powder wafts- so calming and lovely! This is a scent I can wear to work without scent-bombing anyone out. I wore it to bed, and when I woke up it was still there- Plus for longetivity. I found a big bottle for $10 at Ross. I think it is unique and lovely.

stardust808
stardust808

Almond!? Wow, I wish! Maybe my bottle is off but all I got was bouquet room deodorizer spray. That's sad. I would have loved it to smell of almonds.

AdrianaCatLover
AdrianaCatLover

I smell violet . it's a smokey violet fragrances. If you don't like violet, stay away from this.

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

This one surprised me so much! In a good way :) I have tried a couple other Ellen Tracy fragrances with no luck, so I didn't have high hopes for this one. The bottle is tragic. Cheap and ugly, but don't judge a book by it's cover. This opens with a blast of peach! Fresh and juicy peach. Once it dries, I start to smell creamy almond like almond milk and a strong 'lotion accord' and some sandalwood. I can smell it clearly on myself for a few hours. It is lightly sweet, clean, powdery, and creamy. I already bought a back up bottle!

386Vintage
386Vintage

Blind Summer Purchase
Priced under $10.00
Almond and Powder
I would use this in my hair after Dry & curl. Tie hair up all Day. Hair down in Evening (nice fresh scent)
Summer AM yes~
Autumn:
Winter:
Spring:

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

OMGosh smelled today on a friend n she is like a young Cher look-alike n this suited her to a tee! I breathed her in when she came near so sillage is great n she says it is really long lasting as well. Nice!! Rarely does a frag stop me on a dime! Getting this fer-sher!!! Wowza!!

House of ELLEN is a good house!! Many great quality frags n price is very inexpensive n in this case the value is tremendous n one of the best I've ever smelled!! Yes that great!!

Lo olí en una amiga parecida a una joven Cher y le quedaba muy bien este perfume! Tenia muy buena proyección y dijo q dura mucho. Raramente me llama tanta la atención un a frag.

La casa de perfumes Elles tiene varios muy buenos a exc precios!

Gemini12
Gemini12

Light, feminine, and completely forgettable. I bought it at a clearance outlet and was glad that I hadn't paid more for it. There's nothing objectionable about it, but nothing exciting or interesting either.

hdmc_2000
hdmc_2000

Just got this based on reviews. Thought I would like it...nope. Smells like aquanet hairspray on me. Oh well...it was cheap. :)

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Tracy by Ellen Tracy is a clean, creamy fragrance. It almost has a lotion vibe to it. I can smell the plum blossom and almond, maybe a bit of iris and violet. Tracy is a lovely, feminine perfume, well worth the small price it can be found for!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Tracy by Ellen Tracy exceeded my expectations for what I thought this fragrance would be! I can immediately smell the plum blossom, rose, and violets in the opening. As it develops I get a very fresh peony and a gentle touch of almond. The dry down is very much water lily and amber on me. I get more of a really lovely soapy sweetness than I do a powdery floral scent from this fragrance. I love roses, peonies, and almonds so I find this to be a really beautiful perfume. This is my second Ellen Tracy scent and I am eager to try more because I have had nothing but positive experiences so far, her fragrances appeal to my tastes, I get loads of compliments, and they are actually decently priced! Tracy is very feminine and the notes are definitely distinguishable, so if you like the notes listed then give this a try – you won’t be disappointed!

kamisis
kamisis

ce parfum ressemble à trésor de lancome sans le coté lourd sucré, donc plus agréable, c'est vrai.
beaucoup plus frais tout en étant très féminin.
ce parfum est un cadeau pour ma fille de 24 ans ,pas pour moi et je ne me suis pas trompée c'est exactement elle,léger, discret féminin mais bien présent au moindre souffle sans être écrasant,très floral.

elenmart
elenmart

Hm, on me is smells like gentle creamy flowers with a very prominent pear! Nobody has mentioned pear, as I can see, maybe it's just my weird chemistry.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Oh man - this is SO SWEET! Allllmost too sweet, but not burnt like flowerbomb, la vie est belle or black opium.

To me, it smells exactly like 'Champs Elysees' from Guerlain. What a bargain considering it costs about half as much!!

Tracy is The BEST sweet almond scent I have come across ever. Sweet airy almond mixed with Violet, Cassis, Peon, Rose and soft warm sandalwood, Vanilla and amber in base. Tracy is warm, soft with an airy sweetnes, Its not totally skinclose but its not very strong neither. Its there - around you, soft but intensive in a very good way. Perfect every-day-scent or a scent for the office. Loooove it!

Tracy är den bästa söta mandeldoften jag har kännt nångonsin. Söt luftig mandel mixad med Viol, Svartvinbärsblad, Pion, Ros och varm, mjuk sandelträ, vanilj och amber i basnoten. Tracy är varm, mjuk med en luftig sötma. Den är inte helt hudnära, ingen rumsdödare heller men den är där runt dig - mjuk men intensiv på ett härligt sätt. Perfekt varje-dag-doft eller en kontors-doft. Älskar den!!

laurakaye

A second review for me, I had the rollerball, now I also have the spray (thank you, TJ Maxx).

5 hours ago, getting ready for work, I gave myself 3 sprays. I am now at my workplace, and I just can't get over the delightful little wafts of scent that occasionally drift up from my wrists and neck as I move and type. This might be the only other scent that I would consider as my signature, it's always "right." It's soft, light and creamy, yet has an unmistakeable presence. It's noticeable in such a sweet way.

I love the ET scents - Bronze, ET, Tracy, and Ellen. Four sisters, each lovely in their very own way, yet unmistakeably related.

aym
aym

Ok this is the first perfume that I have bought and really just don't care for. It starts out pretty and then over an hour or 2 fades to a generic hand cream smell. I guess I will use it for air freshener. Disappointing.

Update: My sister like this so I gave here the bottle. Just a couple of weeks ago I was shopping with her and she smelled so good. She said it was the Tracy I had given her. Man what a difference from how it smells on me. I'm so glad I gave it to her she smells great in it.

mariyka
mariyka

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!.......celebrity 89 & larrykat8, got it right!!! I used to wear TRESOR (back in the day), and Tracy is definitely a milky clone. I like:)

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

The almond note in this perfume is annoying to my nose. Kind of bitter, sour milkish. Luckily I only smell it for about 5 minutes. Then clean soapy comforting soft delicate fresh flowers open up. The silliage and longevity are a little peculiar to me. If I smell my wrist directly, it's so faint. But I get whiffs randomly throughout the day. I like that. I feel like I smell really good all day without this perfume being in my face. Overall its very well blended, no strong synthetic notes, just a little alcohol in the opening. The bottle is plain but classy, and I love the faint pink color of the perfume. The spray is nice, easy to get an even application. This is perfect for spring and summer, totally worth the 9.99 I paid for it at marshalls.

krystyroze
krystyroze

This is a comforting scent. It's milky, and there is something about it that evokes a sense of calm. In fact, I gifted a bottle to my sister when she had her baby. This would be perfect for anyone who works around people who could benefit from a whisper of comfort e.g., nurses and other caregivers.

lirael00
lirael00

This one is like I've been spraying myself with water. It doesn't have any scent at all. It just opens up like a bad fruit liqueur and then maybe for 2 minutes I can smell some almonds and milk and then it's completely gone. I've bought it on the internet just because it was so cheap, but I'm definetly giving it away.

allbookerka
allbookerka

I have already a third bottle of this perfume and I really love it!
When I wear it I get a lot of compliments especially from men, questioning the name of this wonderful perfume! It seems like men like it more and women seem to underestimate it.
Ellen Tracy perfume smells delicious, sweet and very feminine. This is a seductive beautiful scent with floral main notes and sandalwood, almond notes added to it. And it is very long lasting.
I see some not so positive reviews here, but I'd like to add that I got so many compliments on this perfume that I've never got on any other.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

I have the roller ball. Scored it for $3 at Marshall's. At first was a little disappointed, expected more after reading reviews. I really don't get the almond note, but I do get a fresh peony with a hint of rose and violet, but mostly peach as others described. It's a nice peach with pretty flowers, but not anything spectacular. It's a light fragrance so maybe that's why I'm not impressed and lasts about 4 hours on me. Perfect for office as non offensive and for a young girl/woman. Would buy a bargain bottle because it is a nice peach and maybe I would have better results than the roller ball. 7/10

Fragaria
Fragaria

I agree word for word with Chicagobelle. My bottle is clear also. I wish it was the bottle pictured here. I'm going to be patient with this scent, but it might just not be me. Powerful stuff or maybe I'm just sensitive to it!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I recieved a couple of Ellen Tracy samples from a lovely Fragrantica member! And today I`ve been trying out TRACY.

What first hit my nose were almonds, but soon it became mostly peach. And it`s the "mature" old school kind of peach, not like the modern softened versions of peach. The sharpness was strangly nice, and reminded me about my mums old Tresor, mixed with Coty Exclamation.
Peach isn`t listed as a note here on Fragrantica, which I find very strange.

The longevity was not that good unfortunately, not even on clothes.

janella13
janella13

I want to like this so much. From the description this would fit me perfect.

I am going to try again, reapplying it at lunch. Maybe it is the rollerball? Bought a 4 pack at TJMaxx. I like the scent in the bottle - somehow is lost on me. sigh.

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

Hate to be off-topic but I would be open to trying this fragrance because I just bought a bottle of Ellen Tracy's Pretty Petals this weekend at Ross. Such a feminine, romantic scent and if it's been discontinued I'm so glad I bought a bottle.

I'm not one to focus on packaging (it's all about the juice for me), but the bottle is so beautifully clean and classic. A lot of the celebrity perfumes are housed in such gimmicky, odd-shaped bottles that it requires dexterity just to spray them on....you won't find that to be an issue with this one.

What I love about it Pretty Petals is that this scent really lends itself well to layering with other fragrances, which I love because I'm all about tinkering and experimenting in order to arrive at the perfect brew for my body chemistry.

I did read that it's similar to Oscar de la Renta's Something Blue so I'd love to find a sample of that because if Pretty Petals is no longer available I need a Plan B...

lolitacherie
lolitacherie

I recently got this as a gift and I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised! Upon spraying, there's a burst of white flowers and it's quite overwhelming at first but when it settles, it just develops into a beautiful creamy scent. I agree with other reviewers that there's an almond milk scent that is just comforting. Perfect to wear on a summer day and also during cold weather.

Also, most perfumes don't last a long time on my skin but this one is just incredibly fragrant after a few hours. A real keeper.

burynai16
burynai16

This is a review for Ellen Tracy Pretty Petals, which is not catalogued, but would like to leave info for people looking to purchase this. Pretty Petals smells light, suitable for spring/summer and day. This is more for younger people in teens and early 20s. It's a light floral smell, and i smell citrus. Moderate silage and longevity. I got it for 8 dollars at TJ Maxx, so this is a light, fresh and sunshiny smell to definitely give a try, esp at the price. I would vote a like on this.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

give this 5min to settle before you judge it! the stark white floral softens up into a rose and 30min later you're in almond milk heaven

Jama4
Jama4

Initial Spriz: smells like almonds, sweet milk & flowers
5 min later: smells like almonds and flowers
2 hrs later: smells like almonds, flowers and sour milk (I think the combo of almonds and sandal wood doesn’t work with my chemistry)
6 hrs later: its almost gone I get mostly sour milk

Overall I do not like this scent on me its probably the Peony and sour milk combo that turn me off. I have tried really hard to like this, but the last two times I wore it I got a bit nauseous and I realized I was trying too hard :-S

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: yes if applied lightly
Potency: Medium ( 2-5 sprays)
Timing: all year (may become to musky in hot weather)
Projection: arm's length
Longevity: 6hrs
Price: $ 9.99 at TJ Maxx
Packaging: 7/10 I have the glass bottle version with a black stripe down the middle. The lid is made of transparent glass.

Will I Repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

This was a very bargain blind buy. I do get a mature woman's scent with this. I test sprayed it in the garage and it still prevails over gasoline and car engine I would call it strong. Don't get me wrong it's not putrid or repelling but for me I find it nothing impressive - Just kind of there. I've smelled better and I have smelled worse. If you find a bargain buy it might be worth a try for you. :)

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

The scent of a dear, modest, caring lady.

Edit: the scent of my mother. Ít smells great on her, and I really wanted to like it for myself, but it misses something. It's just too... baby whipey. So I tried layering it. Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Style makes a nice summer combo, giving Tracy more wood and food, and Style more peonies. But more fascinating is layering it with So Elixir from Yves Rocher. It's like the elixir's leading innocent Tracy into temptation, and look what happened! Hmmmmm.... smells nearly as heavenly as my non-alcoholic Middle Eastern perfume oils.

Btw I also got it from Kijkshop, but I was pleasantly surprised with longevity and sillage. No complaints here!

pipergirl
pipergirl

As other reviewers have described, this is a soft, close to the skin fragrance - delicate flowers dipped in creamy, nutty, almond milk. I'm not in love but I do like it.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Blind buy from Ross, so soon as I got home I sprayed it on my wrist; honestly, i'm baffled because I dont know what to make of it. It's definately one of those "wait for it" scents. I am on the fence with this fragrance because It doesnt smell like anything I've ever smelled before and I mean that in a good and bad sense, lol. It isn't offensive but it isn't an inviting scent either. I will come back after dedciating a few days of wearing this to see if my opinion changes or gets more defined.
By the way. Mine is the clear bottle. Could they have changed the formula?

aficionada
aficionada

This is my first perfume by Ellen Tracy, and I happened to like it. It's soft and balmy. Very soothing. Very pleasant floral aroma. Sweet, but not too sweet. Usually, vanilla doesn't agree with me, but here I don't find it annoying, and it doesn't bother me. Very feminine scent. Good for spring and summer. Great longevity.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

This is my absolute favorite perfume. It is a nice creamy floral beach fragrance. The original silver/pink bottle seems to smell the best. The new glass bottle smelled a little funky to me. If you love florals with a nutty smell to them, this is it.

ATTENTION: THIS REVIEW IS FOR ELLEN TRACY PRETTY PETALS

Pretty Petals is not cataloged so I'm leaving a review for those making a blind purchace. Pretty Petals is a dupe for the 2011 Miss Dior Cherie more so than the 2005 version. It does not smell like popcorn or Coco Mademoiselle like the 2005 that I've read about. I think this one smells like burnt pineapple and apricots, so it must be the 2011 version.
I found this at TJ Maxx for 8 dollars.

ATTENTION: THIS REVIEW IS FOR ELLEN TRACY FASHIONISTA

Fasionista is not cataloged so I'm giving a review to help those that are making a blind purchase. I found this at Marshall's for 8 dollars. It is a lighter version of Amariage and honey bath products. I also smell California guava (green, tart kiwi-like smell).

djuzz.becuzz

It's funny to see another DUTCH review on this one...
I have the exact same thing (scroll down for my review). I also bought it at Kijkshop, but also with me: no longevity at all! Not strong at all! Only in the opening.... since it's obvious dutch people complaining about it, I really start doubting whether or not this is a genuine scent... But I know that Kijkshop sells original perfumes... it's weird... something stinks...

mereltje
mereltje

I bought this a little while ago. I think the smell is lovely, springtime, fruit blossoms, but very very soft. Too soft for me, after 10 minutes I can hardly smell it. And other people don't realy smell it either.I don't think this is a fake one; bought it here in Holland at Kijkshop. I bought other perfumes there, which are all good. I think it's a real pity, because it's a lovely scent.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Lovely, lovely, oh so lovely! I've had it on for six hours now and it's still going strong. At present all I can say is that I totally agree with Fancygirl who said it is decidedly reminiscent of Laura by Laura Biagiotti, which is hard to find where I live, except at astronomical prices. It is weaker than Laura, which is a good thing: it is like having a whisper of Laura hanging around my hair, glimpsed in the periphery of my vision. A dry-down sort of Laura, missing the fruity volume of the opening, which I disliked. Laura was my perfume in my 20s, and it is bundled with both happy and sad memories: to have Laura back, and in a more subdued floral form, is like starting over, and with only the best from that time.

But “I’m not Laura, my name is Tracy!” to paraphrase a 70s country song. So I’ll be back with a proper review of sweet, pretty Tracy, a rain-washed spring garden of a perfume.

asukhraj
asukhraj

I have this and I dont like it at all, makes me nauseated. I have only sprayed it twice. I would love to do a swap if anyone is interested. big 2.5 ounce bottle.

Update: I realized that I bought this instead of 'Ellen Tracy'. A sweet scent just not on me.

laurakaye

I am having so much fun experimenting with my set of four Ellen Tracy minis. I sample one per day in order to give each one my proper and undivided attention. At this point I could not pick a favorite among Tracy, Ellen, ET, or Bronze. It's almost a seasonal thing...four scents, four seasons...could it be that easy?

"Tracy" has springtime all over it. I had to do some free-association with this one. My first sniff, I thought - okay, you can do this, you can pick out the flower note in this, because I know it's something from my own garden...it's not rose...I'm thinking peony, which smells so gorgeous in early spring. When I rushed to this site to see if I was correct, there it was in the notes. I felt like I'd just passed an important perfume test.

This scent calls for sipping chilled white wine on a nice spring evening. Love it.

Beyou T
Beyou T

WOw!! I have got to say... I love this fragrance! It's soft, it's fresh, it's exotic and creamy. THis scent is perfect for work and will be my new go- to just for that. It's sexy too. I love it and so does the bf!! I was kinda hesitant at first cuz my first two ellen tracy buys did not pan out so good (too woodsy) but on one of my fragrance hunts last wk, a sales lady mentioned that this was a good scent. Well, fast forward to yesterday when I went to Ross and saw this huge bottle for only $10... I snatched it up and have to say, I am so not disappointed in this one. Kudos Ellen on this Tracy :)!!! <3

Kittycat63

Djuzz.becuzz - It sounds to me as if the bottle you have is a knock-off and not the real Tracy if, as you said, the bottle itself looks different. Also, I find it to be a very long-lasting perfume, and even though of course everyone has different skin types and what lasts on one person may fade quickly on another, it just sounds to me as if the perfume you have is actually a fake! If that's the case, you might want to try getting hold of the real thing because it is very nice!!

djuzz.becuzz

I just got this one as a blind buy yesterday since it was so very cheap (10 Euro/100 ml) and I had read the reviews on it. So, even if I wouldn't like it, it wouldn't hurt me for that price!
It goes on with a pretty strong alcohol smell, making the opening smell sort of chemically to me, but that doesn't last longer than just a few seconds whereafter on me this turns out as a soft, creamy, rosy-almond smell. And then... 5 minutes later... where's the smell? I can hardly detect anything except for a utterly slight clean scent when I stick my nose onto my skin! It's completely gone...
Tried it several times, also spraying on clothes and on a tissue, but it doesn't last any longer on that too...
Also the packaging of the one I got is different (cheaper looking) than the one displayed here.
A cheap blind buy, not much of a waste, but this is not for me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A very pretty scent, I smell a lot of plum blossom with a nice milky soapiness. The flowers are quite fresh and delicate and a gentle creamy sweetness keeps this from being too strongly floral or clean. A great fragrance for something easy and feminine, inoffensive and quite charming. Relaxing for your nose so a good choice for an off day. I think all collections should have a simple and pleasant scent like this.

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

Tracy was an impulse blind buy at Ross, after my husband pointed out that it was a fragrance with my name on it, and how cool was that. Okay, cool enough to justify the (low) price, even if it only ended up being a novelty on my dressing table.

But I was pleasantly surprised with the fragrance itself. On me, it is fresh and feminine, and remains so for quite some time before drying down to something softly sweet. It will be my go-to daytime fragrance this coming Spring when I break out the lighter colors and fabrics in my wardrobe.

lapurrla
lapurrla

Delightful perfume but not quite right for me to wear. I personally found Tracy's milkiness or creaminess difficult to live with during wear. In fact I now realise I have this issue with milky/creamy notes whenever combined with flowers, such as in Fancy Love, which I also wanted to be able to wear. I gave my bottle to my Aunt who seemed to like it very much. It's a gentle, soothing feminine floral that should also please the people around you.

[email protected]
st@rz

This is pure simplicity and innocence in a bottle, almost to the point of blandness. It's sweet, vaguely milky and nutty, and soft. It doesn't last very long at all and tends to disappear completely from my skin. It is okay but it lacks the necessary oomph to be anything more.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

this is the only one by Ellen that I don't care for. Something in it mimics coconut to me and i LOATH coconut in any of my frangrances. Ellen Tracy is spectacular with the scents though, one of the only designers I totally think is dead on with beauity!!!!

celebrity89

A beautiful peach with just a hint of Tresor.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Being from Europe I had never heard of Ellen Tracy, so, when I saw this perfume for a song without a tester and trying to curtail my blind-buys, I ignored it, although the Perfumista in me was ready to grab a bottle and smuggle it in with my other purchases. I didn't, but I did read the reviews on Fragrantica stating what a wonderful scent this is and based on those I bought a bottle. (Thank you dear Ladies!)

On me it's a "violet-dipped-in-almond-milk-and-cuddled-with-peony-and-iris" scent. The drydown has a hint of sandalwood that gives it a slight earthy base, not too earthy but enough to balance out the -almost water- fresh vibe hat this perfume has. It's simply divine in its complex simplicity!

On me the scent doesn't really change much, in fact the note evolvement seems to circle around these same notes in a circular fashion (and what a wonderful note-mix it is!) and gives me wonderful whiffs of them throughout the day. Other people notice and love it too, I had two people ask me what I was wearing and I only own this since yesterday!

I can only recommend this beauty to everyone who likes fragrances that are just sheer pretty, inoffensive yet not fleeting and are suitable for all occasions due to its well mixed yumminess of gentle florals dipped in almond milk. (I wish I could find the body lotion!)

Silage is: "a beautiful and persistent cloud of violets, peony and iris in almond milk is surrounding me." -- Longevity is amazing on me with an astounding 10+ hours!

Try it! I promise you'll like it...It wont break the bank and it's one of those scents that every Perfumista should own for all those moment when you're undecided what to wear but don't want to leave the house without a scent. (The mere thought!! ; ) Good luck and enjoy!

larrykat8
larrykat8

I agree with Millan I wore the scent and thought it faded, but the next day I kept getting a whiff of a beautiful scent. I couldn't identify what it was until I finally realized it was Tracy. This is a really lovely, clean fragrance. It reminds me of a much less potent version of Tresor. I like Tracy better. I also got this in a three piece gift set for under $10, and I'm thinking of buying another!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This started out a little odd--I think it was the almond, which was almost milky or nutty (hard time placing the notes). There were also some rose notes (the sweet heady rose variety--not spicy roses). It got powdery and almost soapy (briefly), with still that almond fragrance, and then the floral notes made their appearance. Ithink I can tell the plum blossom and the peony, and there is still some powdery-ness. It's a floral that seems to work on me, not sour or bitter; but I'm not totally sold. Sillage was modest, and I've had it on for 2 hours and it's still going pretty strong.

I have a headache--just hope it's not from the fragrance--so maybe I'll try again another day.

EDIT: So, I wore it a few more times. It fades fast, and the later notes are pretty but they didn't make up for the unusual first notes. I spritzed a tissue and the fragrance was fresh and clean--but not on me. Thank goodness for TJ Maxx's return policy--they are great--I returned this without any problems, and will come back another day to try something new.

Fancygirl
Fancygirl

This is such a warm, sexy scent. Does it not remind anyone else of Laura by Laura Biagiotti? Not cloying, but definitely a com-hither scent. Wearable in warm weather as well as cool. Wish I could find a body lotion!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

I bought this blind today because I am obsessed with Ellen Tracy "Ellen Tracy" and it was also super cheap at TJ MAXX. Of course it is not as good as ET ET but it is certainly a very nice clean floral and perfect for Spring & Summer. There is something familiar about this like I have smelled this before or something similar but none of the notes really stand out on me except the rose and something sort of almost peppery/creamy. Maybe it is the almond? I don't know but I love it and am glad I took a chance and blind bought it. I also got stopped in a store after putting it on and was told I smelled amazing so it is noticeable to others!

Enchntress
Enchntress

Do try before you buy!! I didn't heed this advise and ended up giving it to my 11 year old daughter. On first spray, a blast of synthetic floral. Within minutes, it truly smells of 'used' F.D.S to me - not something I want to smell like...

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I too, had none of the listed notes poke their heads out on my skin. Flat, linear peonies is all I got. The almond note being even on the LIST completely alludes me! WHERE the heck is that?!?! This is a bright bursting forth floral that runs into a wall and flops. It reminds me a lot of Elizabeth Arden True Love. Yawn....

acv43
acv43

this fragrance really surprised me!
I bought it blindly based off it's extremely alluring price (less than $10.00 for 2.5oz) and seeing how it was listed as a strong almond scent-- which i love.
But smelling this I get no almonds, roses, or really anything listed. This smells like pure fresh apple blossom( perhaps it is the plum blossom?)nothing more, nothing less. Part of me is dissapointed-- i was looking forward to a creamy dreamy almond note, but I also love the smell of apple blossoms and it is certainly appropriate for this time of year so i think i can live with it :)
just an interesting side note, the bottle i have is different - just plain glass with a sticker for the black stripe(kind of cheap looking actually)and light pink jus inside. At first i thought i had gotten the edt version or something but the writing on the two boxes appears to be identical

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I had high hopes for this one when I bought it blind a couple years ago. Unfortunately, the fragrance fell flat on me. I got mostly violets and unsweetened almond milk, with maybe a touch of the other floral components. I think the almond milk-violet combo was too much for my chemistry to handle. I have learned those can be tricky notes for me when they prominent in certain fragrances. Although I would recommend this fragrance to anyone who loves nutty, milky notes.

Hollie
Hollie

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Bijan VIP... and Alfred Sung Shi...sitting in a tree!

K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

First comes love, then comes marriage....then comes TRACY by ELLEN TRACY in a baby carriage!
*************************************************************

I was just going to simply say that Tracy reminded me of VIP and Shi combined but I couldn't help myself.Sorry.

Tracy is light and sweet and smells like almonds and freshness all at once. I'm not a huge fan of Shi but it's fresh and I really love VIP...it's yUUmmy and nutty and soft, like Jordan Almond candies.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

When I first smelled this I thought it smells like Chloe EDP but not indentical! Then I come to this site and see primacas review I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.
Wonderful rosey smell quite sexy the ultimately feminine scent.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I received this as a gift-this is delicate soft feminine floral that is somewhat sweet and has a powdery note(must be the violet). I agree with other reviewers who said that this comes across as "pink" scent-I get this too. Its a very light scent that lays very close to the skin, and I'm pretty sure you can spray yourself with half a bottle and noone around you will be offended. I prefer stronger scents so this part I didn't like. While pleasant, its not really "me"-this is very "proper" and ladylike and I picture a younger woman, with long blond hair, pearls and sweater set wearing this. Very "old money" and refined.

c3c
c3c

This is a nice scent, but not for me. I think Peony and rose are the dominant notes, too much rose for my taste. Otherwise feminine and pleasant.

aray
aray

I very much wanted to like this since I like the classic Ellen Tracy so unbelievably much. This, however, does something very funny on my skin after about 20 minutes.

While I liked the speed and aggressiveness the vanilla and almond milk fought their way through the florals, the last couple of moments of dry-down and end result were funky and cheap. I'm now, after 30 minutes, stuck with something that resembles vanilla-scented hand sanitizer, and not even a good and fancy kind but the kind you find for $2.00 at Big Lots. :(

twillocks
twillocks

I ALSO GOT THIS AT TJMAXX. AT FIRST I WAS NOT SURE BUT I LOVE IT THE LONGER IT IS ON THE BETTER IT SMELLS.

darcy2
darcy2

Picked this up at T.J. Maxx for a song, and thought nice, inoffensive safe for daytime wear kind of fragrance. I sprayed it on around noon, and at 5:30 this woman came running up behind me on the street (scared the $5*& out of me, actually) and said "Excuse me, but what is that perfume you're wearing? It smells wonderful!" Kinda made my day.

Kittycat63

I'm surprised that several reviewers have said this perfume smells of peaches, and that it has also been compared to Ungaro Apparition.

I have Tracy (review far below!!) and don't smell even a smidgeon of peach in it! Also, I have Ungaro Apparition and I think they smell very, very different (on me Apparition smells very much like raspberry kirsch, which is not like Tracy at all!). It's really interesting how some perfumes can smell so different on (and to the noses of) different people!!

I do agree with Malegria though that Tracy is quite an 'intimate' smelling scent - it's soft, slightly soapy, creamy and sexy in a very ladylike, gentle way. It's a lovely scent.

devaluxe
devaluxe

I bought this unsniffed after reading reviews here and my great love of the original Ellen Tracy. I do smell the peach that a couple people have mentioned, although it isn't actually one of the notes. However, I find that I feel kind of just "meh" about it. It smells pretty-ish, but I'm just not jumping up and down about it. It starts out nice, but after a few minutes, I start to feel like I've bathed in Cover Girl compact face powder and peach schnapps. I know, odd description, but it's true. My chemistry must just do something funky too it. Sad, because I totally wanted to love this as a daytime, office kind of perfume, but I can't exactly go to work smelling like I've had an alcoholic breakfast!!

**UPDATE**
My 3 yr old daughter likes to wear perfume around the house and feel grown up and because I wasn't attached to this, I was letting her wear this one. Well on her, I really like it. So I've decided it must just be my chemistry fights with it. Too bad, because on my little one, it smells really nice!!

weegee
weegee

PEACHES! PEACHES! PEACHES! I'm with Action on this one... like biting into a ripe peach although no peach note is listed. Reminds me a bit of Ungaro's Apparition but Ellen Tracy is less sweet and brighter, somehow... also, ET costs about 1/3 less. Apparition dries down to a milky/woody base but ET seems quite linear: the peaches at first spray are there through the drydown.

I bought this at the high point of allergy season and at first could barely smell it but now that my nose is clear again I'm finding that ET really shines. I find it "blooms" best on warm skin.

There are 2 bottle designs: the one in the photo is the original and the clear glass bottle with the black paper label is the new one. I have both and there's NO difference in the juice; both are edp. The bottle in the photo has a label that says: "Ellen Tracy Cosmetics" and the new, clear bottle says "Palm Beach Beaute.

Edit: I've noticed the drydown is very similar to that of Nanette by Nanette Lepore (clear bottle), Cabotine's Moon Flower and Hanae Mori's Magical Moon -- all "creamy woody" fragrances.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

The most feminine soft floral perfume i own personally. It s such a surprise to be introduced to this highly underrated perfume only by chance, it warmed up really nicely to my chemistry. Most of the time, my body chemistry dictates more expensive perfume into masculine powerhouses i so detest or vintage heavy floral smells that reminds me of a group of rich old ladies and aunties in over obtrusive makeup and clothes.
Though i usually do not like the peony accord, in this scent, it blends quite well and does not stand out in a sharp smell, instead i get mostly soft soft roses and delicious violets!This eventually blends down to the warm feminine milky vanilla, and amber. sandalwood is only felt ever so lightly. It is truly a beautiful fragrance i would recommend to any women's collection, young or old.

missus9
missus9

One of my favorites...elegant, feminine, and...interesting. Love the notes!

This perfume is gorgeous! And do you know which smell it resembles the most?? It is like the ULTIMATE smell of a superfresh PEACH!! Like I just bought myself a juicy Peach on the market and I am smelling it real life! I never ever smelled a perfume so realistic to nature!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Wore this in the recent past. I used the lotion and fragrance. Nice floral and sandalwood tones. I woukd buy again if good bargain price.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I picked up a bottle of this today for a decent price without sniffing it first, I sort of remembered reviews and the notes from this site and took a gamble. Glad I did! It's very pretty scent for the price you can't go wrong. Very girly and feminine smelling, with a soft slightly floral with hint of powder drydown. I like it very much. It's not my favorite, but it's still a keeper.

Another update: just wanted to let people know this dries down to a lovely very clean almost like a nice vibrant body wash scent. There is something about it I love! Very pretty for the price!

primaka
primaka

This smells like Chloe EDP by Chloe. I just bought it today and wondering why it smells so similar.

millan
millan

I wore this last night when I went to church at 7:00pm
And this morning when I woke up I went to my living room and there was this beautiful and very feminine aroma that just had me searching all over the place to find it source. Its was so enchanting and Im thinking what is this scent? Then I remember it was
Tracy . It last a long time I can still smell it on me and Its 8:34 am. Just gorgeous!!

Soft and clean pink flower scent. It is just a bit soapy/powdery at first and a bit waxy creamy at the base but still pleasant. It reminds me of Lanvin Éclat d'Apege but it's not as nice.

Although Ellen Tracy TRACY also lists peony as a note, it is obviously not the Oh-So-Dreaded Peony rendition found in INSPIRE--or if it is, it is included in such low concentration that it does not attack my central nervous system. Grace a dieu (or reasonable facsimile...).

Added to that, I have an irrational fondness--verging on fanaticism--for violet and iris, all of which conspires to make TRACY a real winner in my perfume book. I love the creamy quality of the barely sweet nutty-woody base, and the floral bouquet of this composition is simply scrumptious. TRACY is by far my favorite of the four Ellen Tracy creations which I have now sniffed. On my wish list!

-----
Update: TRACY is a great hot weather scent. I wore this a lot over the summer as I dashed out the door to various public places, and I am now on my second bottle... A feel-good fragrance, I'd say, a year later, I still think it smells great. Why are they giving this one away?????

kimberly
kimberly

If you can't afford Katy Perry's Purr, this is almost like it. The difference is the drydown. This one is not as creamy, soft, as the dry down of Purr. It is more floral drydown.

This is one is a favourite. Soft, superclassy & feminine. A scent that stays close to the person who wears it. Next person have to come real close to sniff this one..Wonderful. soft, lots of flowers and very fresh..A wonderful scent to wear at work,

En otroligt mjuk, kvinnlig och sensuell doft. men det är en doft som stannar nära den som bär den. Nästa person måste stå intill för att känna doften. En superhärlig doft att ha på jobbet. Fräsch,lättblommig och mjuk.

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

I want to love this combination of notes. I really do. I had high hopes for the almond note in this. But it is thoroughly unremarkable on me and lasts for only a short time, even though it is an EDP. It is very similar in tone and strength to ET, with quite a few notes shared between them, but I prefer ET more. Packaging also appears less detailed than per description here on Fragrantica. Clear glass bottle with a decal stripe with logo and motif design. No silver on bottle, and silver on box is replaced with pink. Makes me wonder if it's genuine or if something changed from the original. Going to give it one more try and then update here.

Sissi
Sissi

A luminous demure aura extreamly feminine
scent nothing sharp harsh or edgy just
a soft non obtrusive with a girlish innocence kind of a scent that is safe and
ideal for young girls for their first perfume collection.
It opens with a scent of sweet and airy
peonies delicate sweetness of each pink
petal dries fresh with a green note of
cassia adds to the freshness then in a
minute or so turns fruity with the succulent note of plum blossom and i also can detect juicy ripe peach mingling with the deeper and more juicer
plum dries the top note.

Rose opens the middle notes but it's
faint and diluted then iris with it's powdery texture steeps slowly though
the middle note then delicate note of
purple violet finishes the middle note.

The drydown opens with an milky accord
that is a bit cloying to my senses amber
with a warm coziness begins to makes it's presence then it finishes with
dry sandalwood and vanilla to end this
femininity.

mwater1
mwater1

I read the reviews for Tracy and with great trepidation, bought myself a small bottle because it was on clearance. I was anxious because everyone said that it was powdery. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't the suffocating type of powder that I detest. Tracy opens on a fresh and soapy note immediately followed with a dash of subdued florals. As the fragrance wore, I could smell it on myself the whole day and experienced good projection as I received a lot of nice compliments. I was able to pick up on the musk and vanilla on the drydown, but I wish the almond would have been a little more pronounced. The fragrance lasts for about 8-9 hours even when applied lightly. The powdery aspect was there, but not to the detriment of the fragrance. Thanks for the great reviews for this. It has shot to the top 20 of my rotation! Feminine, classy, and fresh. Perfect for everyday use. Rating: 8 out of 10.

Guest_whatdanoseknows
Guest_whatdanoseknows

I was expecting something quite soft but that just was not the case. At first I was so frustrated because it so reminded me of another perfume but I could not put my finger to which one. While searching at a store for it's double I thought it must be Chloe Eau de Parfum.
It is very nice on and has a kind of overly fresh quality; that rounds out as the lovely mid to base notes come through. I did expect to see Freesia in the notes some where. Would do very nicely for spring and summer and has great lasting time and projection.

katyas
katyas

Like Kittycat63, I purchased this over the 'net due to good reviews and the description of the scent. I do that once in awhile and am generally pleased with the results. I was not disappointed with Tracy - although I don't get the resemblance to 5th Avenue. 5th Avenue is soft and flowery without being powdery; Tracy is flowery, true, but it IS powdery. It is soft and the blend of notes keep any one note from overpowering the rest - I don't smell any one particular note over any other one. The first rush of scent, in fact, was somewhat unpleasant, full of alcohol - but that quickly gave way to the soft, powdery floral. Now, hours later, I have a smooth and sweet amber and sandalwood scent faintly lingering. It's a nice perfume - nothing terribly special, but nice. I like the bottle I received, which is silver with a sort of pink plastic translucent bit down the middle - it's sharp looking; modern yet somehow romantic.

Malegria

Now, when I`ve had it for quite some time, I want to add something. It is still in my top list.
I had a thought about it but I had to make sure it`s not my imagination before sharing it. It smells very...intimately.Very sexy...almost like it has pheromones added to it.

Yana
Yana

I liked this perfume a lot and found the resemblence with 5th Avenue, even the content. But in Tracy I feel plum blossom and some creamy notes close to skin while in 5th Avenue more fresh and floral notes whith a long trail. Both are very classy and feminine!

essija
essija

I bought this very cheap and unsniffed. I was very suprised after smelling it. This is a very soft floral with a milky almond background. This is not a normal scent for me so I don't wear it that often, It layers wonderfully with Cherry Blossom lotion from BBW. It must be applied very lightly with my body chemistry b/c unfortunaltey I sprayed too many times and made myself sick. I think b/c it's so soft I wouldn't be able to smell it so I went crazy with the bottle and didn't realize how much I had on until I was out in public and kept giving myself a headache.
Lovely scent and very romantic.

Malegria

I bought it very cheap, and didn`t expect much...But it grew on me very quickly.It`s soft floral composition is simple and beautiful! I feel very feminine wearing it and very often I pick it over more expensive and complicated fragrances in my collection! it feels so good all the way, and I adore it`s almond milky base!

Kittycat63

I bought this perfume over the internet solely based on good reviews I read about it and I had never smelled it before. Luckily, it's a lovely, soft, creamy, clean, warm and very feminine perfume and it has great staying power. I only need to spritz myself with it once and that one spray will last on my skin all day and night, yet it's far from being an overpowering scent. It's so soft and creamy!

I can definitely recommend this for anyone who likes perfumes that aren't smell-alikes and who likes soft, feminine perfumes. There's no mistaking this for a unisex scent! I'm very glad I have a big bottle of this in my ever expanding collection of perfumes and it's one that gets regular use because it's good for any occasion, day or night. I give it a big thumbs up and 5 out of 5!!

sjanira
sjanira

I love the fragrance and the bottle is very odd but nice. Not the typical design most have, is different. As for the scent, I don't think is crap....I happen to like it. It smells very floral and feminine to me. It's not the best scent but not bad, I wouldn't buy it again though.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I was first introduced to this fragrance in Dillards and loved it... it had a warm aroma that I liked. It wasn't something I would wear often so I ordered a small bottle and was severely disappointed.... it smelled very soapish and powdery. I ended up getting rid of it...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ellen Tracy Tracy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ellen Tracy Tracy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tracy by Ellen Tracy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tracy by Ellen Tracy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.