Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Essenza di Zegna Ermenegildo Zegna for men

Essenza di Zegna Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

herbal

Essenza di Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Essenza di Zegna was launched in 2003. Essenza di Zegna was created by Alberto Morillas and Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are bergamot and lemon; middle notes are myrtle and cardamom; base notes are amber and musk.

Bergamot Lemon

Myrtle Cardamom

Amber Musk

Theorema Uomo

Essenza di Zegna Fragrance Reviews

afterdark
afterdark

I love this one so much. It was my signature scent until they discontinued this masterpiece.

The saddest part is, that some people are misleading others by making laughable comparisons with scents that never ever have anything to do with Essenza and dont come even close to it. After owning around 200 bottles and sampling close to 500 more, i have yet to come across something similar to Essenza.

MetalMan
MetalMan

To my nose, this is a sauna with citrus peels being steamed on the rocks in a room made from the wood of cedar and cypress - very fragrant and delightfully soothing! There is an intriguing steam note found in this fume (and in Mugler's Cologne) that persists from beginning to end and is likely a combination of the myrtle and musk used. There is also just a hint of some woody spiciness that might be radiating from the cardamom - it is truly relaxing and inviting! This fume performs fantastically in the heat or cold (heat brings out the sauna effect much more powerfully) and lasts for at least half the day and works well with sweat (important if you want to hike or go to the gym with it on). Such a shame that they discontinued this as well as there aren't any close alternatives...Well, I hope you all have a zen scent for when life bogs you down!

Day 22 - One day
Listening to: The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings

reworx
reworx

I wish it was still available... any suggestions as to an alternative... 10/10

joe38
joe38

This is a very simple absolute men's fragrance!
Citrus start at the beginning, which is a short period, but may
fresh, woody character ..... as far as the part of the aromatic myrtle plays a very dominant role !!
If someone myrtle fan, then by all means purchase the creations found this one!
.... this kind of divisive stuff.
It fits well with elegant suits and sophisticated style, but there is a "Zegna" product that you would expect! The mirtuszos, woody parts in sync with him.
However, the opening of citrus and musk base still said to be typical of a classic commercial phenomenon in the world of perfumes!
That is why I began to be very "simple" composition of this perfume!
'Collectors' must-have!
Who in turn special gourmand, sensual and unique perfume or the Zegna fragrance can be one that will be more modern and more special composition!

Momenti
Momenti

"Out Of The Contemporary Box" ***

My favorite Italian brand for clothes is Ermenegildo Zegna; so I purchased years ago a bottle of Z, which I like so much that it was the perfume I chose for a mediterranean cruise.
Now I finally tested the discontinued Essenza: and yes, it was another excellent masculine, elegant, simultaneously simple and different, and, above all, a take out of the box of the common stuff men like to wear nowadays.
I can understand why it is out of production. Too often, men with money does not mean men with good taste.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Essenza di Zegna perfectly shows what I would personally expect from a contemporary citrus-woody niche scent. I think of “niche” because it smells... different: it’s classy, cozy and versatile, but has just the right “twist” to smell creative and peculiar. Basically I would define Essenza a woody-exotic and slightly aquatic scent, with a cardamon-fruity twist and a thick, slightly damp musky base; it reminds me quite much of Fendi Theorema for Men, but smelling way more quality – deeper, thicker, smokier, more natural, far more refined. Say, something halfway Declaration and Theorema. With that myrtle accord which adds a touch of “Mediterranean exotism”, with its peculiar sort of leafy, musky, kind of “olive tree” flavour. Essenza smells so well blended it’s kind of hard to describe it, but I feel that “tremendous quality woody-exotic-spicy-aquatic fragrance” can sum this up quite well. Just a tad too much linear for me, but highly creative and elegant.

7,5-8/10

adyyy7
adyyy7

True masterpiece.Was my fav...so complexe smell...so good quality...so sad when it was discontinued...can't find something similar enough....Bvlgari Man Extreme is a bit close but so far as longevity...the closest i found is L'eau d'Issey and L'eau d'Issey Blue

Buysblind
Buysblind

Of the many fragrances I've tried, this is the one that most closely resembles wet, freshly mown grass. It smells natural, moist, and green, with a little bit of a sour citrus note as well. It's not really my style, but it's good for what it is, and if you're looking for a grassy scent, this one does the trick. Projection and longevity are decent, but nothing exceptional. Somebody mentioned Issey Miyake and I agree, they share a similar smell, except that Essenza is quite natural while Issey is markedly synthetic. I'm neutral on this, but it's not bad, and I can see why some people really like it.

kizz_man
kizz_man

In my humble opinion this one close to Bvlgari Man Extreme in the dray down only,(i Owen both).... my advise for the people who want to buy Bvlgari Man Extreme stop and look to this one specially the price wise. the nose behind both perfume the master mr Alberto Morillas

Rank all in all: 3.5

ianannable
ianannable

A sublime fragrance that is sadly discontinued. A mixture of citrus,green,spicy and woody notes. This all makes for a fresh,sour aromatic that is superb.

Extremely versatile,and easy to wear. Definitely worth a spin if you can find it. Splendid.

rum
rum

One of my favourites from 2003. What a fragrance this was! Superb bergamot and citrus opening that dries down into a luscious, soapy and powdery vetiver, amber and musk base. Very nicely blended. I was so gutted when this was discontinued, but alas all good things come to an end. They don't make them like this any more... RIP Essenza di Zegna.

robert2kool
robert2kool

Ages sublimely.

salvatore
salvatore

Smells like a walk in the gardens of Ninfa on a warm afternoon. Perfect!

moh3n nik1

DIS Continue
:(((((

editionblanche
editionblanche

This perfume is all about myrtle!

Myrtle was used in Greek rituals to please the godess of love Aphrodite.It was associated with the idea of love and prosperity.

Also with Adam, when cast out from paradise. It is said that he took a bunch of myrtle, his remaining connection to the divine.

Myrtle has a deep green floral note that composes its seriousness and divinity.

A lightful citrus with a hint of motherly protectve floral scent that invokes protection, the smell from paradise.

ZELJO
ZELJO

where is the one entitled simply Zegna eau de toilette? I do have this one...

skipster
skipster

Mix L'Eau d'Issey and Déclaration 50/50 and you end up somewhere around here. A nice and fresh scent for everyday and office use. Not very long lasting though.

Edit: This one has really won me over. Its green and slightly "dirty" note is very original and it's actually quite long lasting if you apply generously. Wore it to work one day and was away from my 10 m2 office for ten minutes. When I returned I was greeted by a gorgeous cloud of EdZ, but I was no longer able to smell it on myself. A sneaky beast for sure.

If you want an allround fragrance that is both light, inoffensive and refined you won't go wrong with this.

windstoss
windstoss

This fragrance is so... sunny! I live in Poland and now we have rather bad weather here. For me EdZ is just a sun in a bottle.

vertigo
vertigo

Essenza di Zegna is simple and irresistible :)

It has a very clear note of myrtle, which is just amazing. Herbaceous, green, slightly earthy. A strong note of cardammon adds a lot of character to this masculine composition. The citruses are rather weak, and detectable only in the very beginning. A tiny hint of musk in the very deep background.

I love simple scents. This one won me over!

Mrgstar
Mrgstar

Essenza di Zegna is nothing really special. It doesent smell bad, but it is nothing more than ok. It was a blind buy, and its nice to have it in my collection, but I will not purchase it again. To be honest, I dont think I'll ever finish my 50ml bottle. There is just so many better frags in my arsenal. Longevity and sillage is below average, on my skin at least... Rating: 6.5/10

lovescully
lovescully

I absolutely love this stuff!

I don’t get any kind of aquatic vibe from this at all. It’s really very green and fresh with a hint of fruity sweet & sour thrown into the mix.

It’s perfect for daily office use and is extremely unlikely to offend even the most sensitive nose. In my opinion it’s also a versatile scent that can be used for almost any occasion and at any time of the year.

As far as the sillage and longevity go, it does stay fairly close to the skin but I use the EDT with the shower gel and after shave balm; so it pretty much lasts the whole day on me.

FYI; before I purchased this, I first tried it on paper. It was quite a pungent sharp green with almost no hint of the fruity sweet/sour notes. Then when I tried it on my skin, I got a totally different vibe from it. I guess this one has a lot to do with body chemistry, so a friendly word of warning: try before you buy.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is cooling, simple and light scented fragrance for a man that feel like wearing a thin and fresh fragrance for a sunny day. It's appeared to be a type of mature & fresh scent with the opening of citrusy with hints of floral. Dry down that is musky woody, last 4 hours on me and silliage is normal as it is light scented and stay close to your skin. Great for outdoor or summer. I will give 6/10 for this.

Damani Code
Damani Code

This is blvgari extreme's half sister. You get the same strong citrus in both but as blvgari extreme is a noticable grapefruit, as this Essenza di Zegna's fruit is lighter yet puzzling, as the fruit is sour throughout. Another 'under the radar' soon to be added to the arsenal. This is the type of scent you wear when going into a place where haters roam b/c this will just put a puzzled look on their face that reads, "wtf is this dude wearing, i cant stand this dude." Sometimes you need that response to reassure yourself in life.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very nice scent. Its not a light fresh watery scent its more a sour citrus smell . Its similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport and DKNY Men 2009 when I compare. Moderate sillage and it last 8 hours on my skin. 8.5/10

BIG
BIG

The myrtle note in this frag is just WOW!!!

radostf
radostf

Sexy!

rasato
rasato

This is a nice masculine aromatic citrus/chypre. Top notes are fresh and citrusy, but these quickly give way to something more ponderous and serious. Not a summer perfume, but rather what you'd wear to the office in the fall and winter. Low silage, and not long lasting.

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

phantastic very mediterranean fresh and expressive scent

periquito89
periquito89

This was a blind buy and a mistake for me. It has some similarity with Acqua Di Gio, that's for sure, but while the last one is light flowery, Essenza is not. Maybe more fruit, and recalls me watermelon a little (as many others aqua scents). I prefer Essenza just because it doesn't have that light flowery smell, but I'm not a fan of both of them. If you like this or that one, maybe you will like both; if you want to try or prefer other kind of "aqua scent", I'm not sure if you will enjoy this. I'm in the last group.

Leni
Leni

Super masculine and aromatic. My man's scent, and its absolutely phantastic. I am surprised it's not really that well known.

piotrek
piotrek

Very musculine, fresh woody fragrance, I really like this smell, and it's long lasting.

deox
deox

Smells like it's step brother, Zegna Extreme. A bit more sweet, aromatic maybe.

afraafra
afraafra

Very similar to Issey Myake pour Homme, very good longevity.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Essenza di Zegna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Essenza di Zegna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Essenza di Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Essenza di Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.