Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Florentine Iris Ermenegildo Zegna for men

Florentine Iris Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

Florentine Iris Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Florentine Iris Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Florentine Iris Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

Ermenegildo Zegna is launching a new collection of men’s fragrances - Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna in collaboration with Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. The collection is expected on the market in December 2012.

Five new fragrances embody values of the company - passion, commitment, vision. The fragrances are: Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, Javanese Patchouli, Indonesian Oud and Florentine Iris. The designer was inspired by his luxurious high-end men’s Ermenegildo Zegna Couture Collection and hopes it will put forward the house’s name in the world of fragrances.

Perfumers who worked on perfumes of the new collection are: Pierre Negrin, Frank Voelkl, Harry Fremont and Jacques Cavallier. All fragrances have one ingredient in common: Calabrian bergamot, but have very different compositions. An interesting fact is that Zegna owns the bergamot harvest used in this collection.

Florentine Iris encompasses three different iris notes, accompanied with bergamot, jasmine, violet and musk.

The fragrances will be available in 124 ml (4.2 oz) flacons. Each fragrance and its flacon have a different color, to mark the central ingredient of the fragrance.

iris Calabrian bergamot Jasmine Violet Musk

Florentine Iris Fragrance Reviews

mmcdonald36
mmcdonald36

Smells like I'm cleaning my windows with windex. I can't believe Zegna, a men's clothing company, produced something so feminine smelling. It's really sharp and doesn't smell like iris at all. Le Labo Iris 39 smells like bread and flowers, which is much preferred to windex. Guys, just buy L'Homme Prada or Dior Homme Eau if you want a fresh iris scent. This stuff is not for a man, much less a Zegna man.

Van André
Van André

This one is definitely a fresh kind of iris, which is actually pretty good. It develops beautifully on my skin, evoking a sense of fresh florals and a slight background make-up bag scent with some soda-like fizziness.

I own Dior Homme and Van Cleef & Arpels Bois D'iris, and I can say that Florentine Iris is very different from those two.

I feel very comfortable wearing it since I'm not bothered by feminine-smelling scents (plus hey, this isn't as feminine-smelling as Dior Homme).

I've received some positive feedback so people seem to generally like it on me.

Longevity is 12+ hours on me.
Sillage/ Projection is moderate, which is appropriate for this kind of scent.
It is versatile and can be worn to almost any occasion.

Overall, this is a winner in my book. I'm yet to find any flaws.

OmarAladdin
OmarAladdin

Don't get to excited about this one!
I was disappointed, the iris here is fresh and not sweet, which is a great thing, but it can't be present in the same place where the violet is. It's struggling with the violet and the musk leaving you with a very leafy vegetables vibe. Yes, this is what I get.

I think the violet hates to be combined with any floral notes.
Plus the below average performance, that makes it hard for you to judge it's stages.
A definite 6/10 for me.

ralopa

It seems that the multiple comparisons is always needed.

After I tried Prada Infusion d'Iris and Dior Homme Intense, the Zegna's Iris wins out in all aspects.

Extremely exquisite and graceful. With no doubt, Florentine Iris is a more crafted and refined modification of these two, especially of the Dior's.

Occasion: suit and tie only.
Longevity: 12+ hrs on skin, 2+ days on clothes.
Rating: 8.5/10

rpeagram
rpeagram

Umm.......I loved it, got it, wife loved it and took it!! Has since become her signiture scent, and she gets huge compliments. I did too!! This is certainly a unisex scent in my opinion, but it's very strange!

For men and women, it can be worn as a brillient office scent.

A hidden gem in the fragrance world. I blind tested this against Channel Blue with three employees at Dubai Duty Free. FI won on all three attempts, go figure!!

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

First off, this is a very feminine scent. The fact it is marketed as a 'mens' fragrance seems a little strange to me, and I think unisex would be a much better approach.. even then, it leans a fair bit more on the feminine side in my opinion.

That being said, it sure does smell nice - feels very dressed up, and despite being quite a feminine fragrance it simultaneously felt like it worked quite well with what I was wearing (tailored shirt, slim jeans, leather shoes etc). I think unless you're dressed quite well, this one won't really work - definitely not a casual scent. The scent itself is a delicious fresh, yet musky Iris, and I think i'd really enjoy smelling this on a woman too. The sales assistant begged me to try it on, as she never got the opportunity to smell it on guys apparently, and after a huge smile and 'wow, that's fantastic!' she walked off and left me to my sampling.

Performance was solid - I could smell traces of this on my skin close to 10 hours later, projection was pretty much spot on for this sort of fragrance, as any louder and it would have just been too much.

Definitely worth checking out, simply because it's such a different Iris from the others I have experienced (Dior Homme, for example). Not for the sort of guys that pride themselves on applying half a litre of Drakkar Noir by any means, but if you're comfortable with trying out something a little more on the feminine side it's definitely worth getting your nose on!

ralopa

It's really a feminine mature, powdery iris-dominated scent, and veeeeery veeery pure in quality, but no more interesting thing happens as what I've expected. Not my cup of tea and has no chemistry on my skin.

Nice choice for 30 and above y.o. confident ladies who achieved a sucessful business.

Rating: 6.0/10

mhobba
mhobba

Florentine Iris ended my year long search for a fresh floral fragrance a man could easily wear. Overall the fragrance unfolds on skin as a fizzy fruity floral anchored extraordinarily well by carroty iris and clean musk. What smells like it should be subtle and fleeting lasts all day long.

frckls
frckls

SO and I were at the airport to fly to Rome (we live in Malta) earlier this year and he'd been meaning to find a new perfume, plus I owed him a christmas present, so I steered him towards the Essenze display, hoping he'd choose Peruvian Ambrette ;) (not carried in the airport anymore sadly). He sniffed all of them and tried a few, but when he got to this one, he decided it's the one within a second.

We both LOVE this perfume. It's fresh in non-citrusy way, powdery, yet fizzy, a little sweet and overall very elegant. He only needs 2 spritz and this baby lasts the whole day on him and a few days more on his worn shirt.

I love to wear this as well and on me it's more powdery and sweet. It actually turns a bit feminine on my skin.

My SO doesn't like Dior Homme as he thinks it's too feminine. But this is the first perfume he pledged loyalty to. He actually said "I want to smell like this for the rest of my life". And that's grand coming from the guy whose olfactory vocabularies are limited to "pancake", "good", and "hmmm you smell good" (his highest form of praise). Have to say I'm proud of his taste. ;)

Ah this line costs only €140-something in Malta airport while I've read that it reaches around 200 elsewhere.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Powdery,elegant and sophisticated...obviously more on the masculine side,but I could also be unisex. Interesting perfume,coupled with the Iris-Violet,makes this unique scent and powerful wake and hypnotic in my opinion. The sillage is heavy, it takes 2-3 sprays and lasts long. This perfume is the first E.Zegna I try .. and I was satisfied..smells good,elegant and floral, which should not be missed for all lovers of the Iris ...beautiful fragrance.

Sillage: 8.5/10
Longevity: 8./10
Scent: 9./10

Overall: 9./10

duzmantic
duzmantic

This smells great on my girlfriend

gillbert
gillbert

very nice and beautiful light sweet iris, bergamot, jasmine, violet and musk. bit closer to Prada d'Homme Iris but this one is absolutely gorgeous, not over power, well composed and perfectly balanced , it is not similar to Dior Homme, Dior Homme is more lipsticky vibe but this one is sweet fresh clean iris note. easy to love and inoffensive at all. Florentine Iris Ermenegildo Zegna is pricey but it is the best among Essenze line, I say.

cologneblanche
cologneblanche

This is the freshest iris in my collection and possibly my favourite iris dominant scent. In comparison to Dior Homme, this is much lighter and crisp. I normally dislike anything'fresh' but Florentine Iris, I absolutely love. This has a clean, cooling feel to it that I love in summer. It's very elegant and sophisticated but definitely can be a daily wear. Not sure about the longevity, but I just find that when you love a scent, you generally perceive it to be shorter lived or 'not strong enough.'

josevancouver
josevancouver

I'm wearing this as I type and I can describe this as fresh, elegant and classy. This is a well-constructed scent. It's a beautiful scent and one I will be wearing for the remainder of the winter and into the Spring. The notes are simple - the iris is very dominant and blends beautifully with the violet and musk. The bergamot is far more subdued here in comparison to the other Essenze scents where bergamot is the key player in the scent.

The Zegna Essenze collection makes some very nice scents. This is definitely one of them.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

MASTERFULLY ELEGANT _______________________________________________________

Somebody recommended me yesterday 'FLORENTINE IRIS' and told me it was quite something - thus, I decided to try it out today.

I feel very fortunate to have been given the hint, because this fragrance is incredibly elegant.

Like the name of the scent tells us, it's main note is iris - and there is a lot of iris and iris root in it. The first impression I got was: sheer elegance. The iris takes over your body and engulves it into a suit of stylish grace. And although you feel surreal because of the gracefullness of this fragrance, the iris roots keep you grounded. They won't allow the elegance to get to your head and somehow keep you firmly grounded - as if to give you a far off perspective of how elegant you are and that you shouldn't rub it in anyone's nose.

Longetivity: - 8/10
Sillage: - 9/10

All in all: 10 out of 10 points - this is trully a masterful creation of an experienced craftsman.

ttt3008
ttt3008

It's way too feminine for me, to the point I would call this fragrance exclusively for women. I'll gladly give this sample away to the wife though. Very floral, I don't get the buttery smelling iris note some others may get. To me, not even on the same planet as my favorite Iris fragrances like Dior's Bois D' Argent or Van Cleef And Arpel's Bois D' Iris.The iris note does not shine in this, it's more subdued and overpowered by stronger aromas of Violet and Jasmine.

EDIT:
It smells better on the wife. It gets a like in my book.

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

Masterpiece.

This stuff is incredible, the quality is top notch. To me this is spring in a bottle, it makes me feel really happy. This is in my starting line up.

Top 5 Signature for 2015/2016

bentos7
bentos7

I have tested this one and i really love it so much.

gfbl
gfbl

if you have a bottle for sale pm or email [email protected]

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

From the very opening Florentine Iris shows its pleasant, informal, unpretentious yet classy personality: a fresh, crystalline iris note, somehow “icy” and grey, really clean but rich in its own way, laying on a base accord of subtle, dusty musky notes and gently surrounded by other flowers - both sweeter & softer (violet) and more shady and camphoraceous (jasmine) thus enhancing “in stereo” the complex facets of iris, from the brighter/powdery to the darker/earthier. Not much else: surely not a realistic hyper-rooty “lipstick” iris scent, not even that powdery or sweet: just a sharp, cold, fresh, clean and quite “restrained” contemporary iris scent more closer to masculine fragrances like L’Homme de Coeur by Divine, or Prada Infusion d’Homme. Iris is one of the notes I know less, this meaning I can’t judge “how good” this smells in terms of quality: but to me it smells good, and I suppose it’s enough for me. I’ve been lucky enough to receive a bottle of this from a friend and fellow fragrance fan, and I happily wear it quite often – it actually quite grew on me to be honest. Fans of more realistic, earthier, “rawer” and more complex iris scent may find better fragrances (like Iris 39 by Le Labo for instance); while if you’re looking for a discreet, versatile, everyday solid iris scent, then this is a totally compelling option, much better than others if you ask me (like Prada). In no way this is close to mainstream “office-safe” scents, as it is much more elegant and better made, but it would totally work as a safe scent for any circumstance. Plus, its texture is quite thin and discreet, yet there is room for a nice contrast of shades, from violet to grey to black-ish base nuances. The projection is more bold than one may think, and it lasts decently long enough. Not sure if it's worth the price (I know I say that for pretty much any scent), but in case of discounts or deals, it would surely be. Perfect for colder days.

7-7,5/10

shesmovedon
shesmovedon

This smells like plain yoghurt and washing powder. I have real orris butter and I can testify it smells nothing like this. I know, not every iris perfume has to use/try to replicate the scent of orris butter, but with this name and at this price point I kinda hoped it would. Very unisex... but man or woman, do yourself a favour and buy Infusion d'Homme instead. Or Iris Silver Mist if you're looking for an orris butter type of smell.

andorlo
andorlo

A classy, clean, and well-balanced unisex fragrance! Easily among my favorite scents even though I tend not to like iris.

klaaon
klaaon

What an amazing scent with a novel accord brought about by Iris, Violet and Bergamot. This scent is classy and surprisingly clean and fresh without being soapy or citrusy... Guess it can be called ethereal.

Agree with earlier post that this and Indonesian Oud are the better ones in this high quality collection by Zegna!

evacecilias
evacecilias

This was beautiful !!!
Really fresh and truly unisex. Far more beautiful than Prada d'iris flankers...though loving some of them too !
A brand I've never seen before now spotted at Barcelona airport.
If I had the money I would by it on an instant basis !
Gorgeous !

marcelopcr
marcelopcr

Love this one. I can see where the feminine vibe comes from but I definitely feel this is masculine. The best in the line along with Indonesian Oud.

jozemo
jozemo

A nice earthy fragrance with floral overtone,it projects quite well after it dries down on the skin,this one remind me of the DSQUARED HE WOOD line of scents,very elegant and fresh,this one is for the trendsetters and fashionistas .

leovn
leovn

The best in the Essenze collection. Balance and well-crafted. Matured but still youthful, perfect for late 20 early 30. Truly unisex. Better for cold weather, maybe best for spring since this is floral scent.

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

Last January I went into the Zegna store in Venice to test it, I applied 4 sprays, 2 on the neck and 2 on my wrists, then decided to keep strolling around Venice to see how the fragrance would evolve and behave on my skin, since my bloody skin devours every single fragrance I apply. All I can say is that the smell is so beautiful that I went back to the store by the end of the day and end up spending 200 euros for a bottle!!

For all those Dior Homme lovers (I include myself) I strongly recommend you this fragrance, the iris in this one is much more subtle and less lipsticky than Dior's creation, It is kind of a fresh Iris, and not so powdery, making it also an all season one, I actually prefer this one over Dior's, since this one is more versatile regarding seasonal wearing. Definitely try it if you have the chance, it is only sold in Zegna Boutiques, at least in Italy. Projection and longevity are average, 5 to 6 hours on my hostile and dry skin, which is already good, considering that only the amouage's creations persist that long on my skin, and they are beasts in the longevity department.

hunterblu
hunterblu

Ooh, I am excited. I do love me some iris!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Florentine Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Florentine Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Florentine Iris by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Florentine Iris by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.