Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Indonesian Oud Ermenegildo Zegna for men

Indonesian Oud Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

oud
Indonesian Oud Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Indonesian Oud Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Indonesian Oud Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

Ermenegildo Zegna is launching a new collection of men’s fragrances - Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna in collaboration with Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. The collection is expected on the market in December 2012.

Five new fragrances embody values of the company - passion, commitment, vision. The fragrances are: Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, Javanese Patchouli, Indonesian Oud and Florentine Iris. The designer was inspired by his luxurious high-end men’s Ermenegildo Zegna Couture Collection and hopes it will put forward the house’s name in the world of fragrances.

Perfumers who worked on perfumes of the new collection are: Pierre Negrin, Frank Voelkl, Harry Fremont and Jacques Cavallier. All fragrances have one ingredient in common: Calabrian bergamot, but have very different compositions. An interesting fact is that Zegna owns the bergamot harvest used in this collection.

Aromas of Indonesian Oud bring us oud wood, rose, amber, patchouli and bergamot.

The fragrances will be available in 124 ml (4.2 oz) flacons. Each fragrance and its flacon have a different color, to mark the central ingredient of the fragrance.

Agarwood (Oud) Calabrian bergamot Patchouli Amber Rose

Wonderwood

Indonesian Oud Fragrance Reviews

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

Finally, here it is, a replacement for Tom Ford Noir de Noir. For less money you get a even better scent, AND twice the amount. This is great.

I'll keep this review sweet and short. Indonesian Oud opens with a strong medicinal oud that settles within a minute or two to give way to a sultry and very dark rose. There's very little musk in this one unlike NdN, and it's not smoky. If you look for incense or myrrh in your rose oud this will not be your cuppa tea. During the dry down the rose gets sweeter on a fainter wood base, and the result is a magical, very slightly jammy rose that spells luxury.

Good longevity, moderate projection-- just the way I like my oud perfumes to be.

P.s. I think Dior Ispahan Oud is a bit dirtier than this one on the wood, but the rose note is the same as that in Zegna. Great quality.
P.p.s I wonder what would happen if you layer this with Javanese Patchouli... probably an animal on a whole different level ... ;)

MastKalandar
MastKalandar

I am very much in love with this cologne. I am on my 3rd bottle now. This is my all time favourite cologne with Dior Sauvage. It's very Divine and Heavenly. It takes away all my stress. It works like an Aromatherapy for me. Thank you ZEGNA for creating such a fragrance. I even love their Peruvian Ambrette, but I did not like their Haitian Vetiver. Today I am waiting for their new Incense Gold to arrive in my mail. I am very excited to try that.

Eurochic
Eurochic

@lathesh
My bottle, bought in September 2016, has clear juice.

perfumista1
perfumista1

How many of the reviewers below think Zegna Indonesian oudh is watered down version of Xerjoff More than Words?

Indonesian oud has the same dna of Armani Rose d Arabie and Xerjoff more than words. There is absolutely no doubt about it.

Mr Xerjoff Marries Miss Arabie and the baby is Zegna Indonesian Oud.

erha69
erha69

No wonder that The Best Oud in the World is from Indonesia.

spumyland
spumyland

Non sono un amante oud e nemmeno un appassionato di rosa.detto questo:
Mi piace!!!
L'apertura mi ricorda amber&spices di montale in una versione piu calda, umida e sexy.con una rosa di qualita'superiore,piu credibile e molto femminile.
Avrei pensato che fosse commercializzato per le donne.
Come si asciuga un po'sento splendide zaffate di patchouli pulito miscelato perfettamente con ambra calda e un pizzico di bergamotto che lo mantiene piccante al punto giusto.
L'oud si mantiene protagonista ma la rosa e'la parte migliore e gli altri ingredienti si amalgano perfettamente.
Versatile,piacevole di lunga durata sulla pelle e fantastico sui vestiti.
Armonioso,pulito,raffinato e accattivante e purtroppo per me...
Femminile!

lathesh
lathesh

Hi All,

Can someone confirm the right color for this juice. Is it a slight yellowish color or just white/colorless?

Thanks in advance.

ralopa

@Freedomlover. Basically yes! I have 10ml decants of each frag.

If you can find Zegna Indonesian Oud charges no more than 120% of the price of Dior Ispahan Oud, then I highly recommand you to get the Zegna's.

Because they choose the same type of oud and smell very similar, and the quality of the Zegna is slightly higher than that of the Dior. Not to mention that the Zegna's is more layered and rich. Approximately, the Zegna's can be acquired by concentrating the Dior's by 1.5-2.0x and infusing with some Tom Ford Noir de Noir.

However, I still suggest you to try it before the purchase.

Siv55
Siv55

Tested this, not knowing it's marketed at men. I found it to be a big beautiful rose to begin with, so am very surprised. It's rose and oud for a while and then it dies down into a generic aftershave smell. I love the beginning but the dry down is a big no for me, plus this is very expensive.

Freedomlover
Freedomlover

Hi

How does this compare to dior oud ispahan? ? Is it worth buying this if i already have oud ispahan

Many thanks

nada
nada

What a pleasant surprise discovery! It is actually very well balanced unpretentious and quietly confident oud scent. Having in mind I tested Atkinson's awful rubbish prior to this,it was a relief and bliss... It starts promising and develops really wonderfully.

ralopa

Devine, Pure and Natural.

One of very few brands added with natural oud material on the market.

It doesn't contain a kind of barnyard smell, but presents a nearly pure oud with nuance of rose, which is a classic combo and accordingly not inspiring enough. However, it's still a great oud perfume, and much better than its cousin of TF and JM in Estee Lauder House. It's more like a concentrated version of Dior Ispahan Oud infused with some TF Noir de Noir, and ahead of Diptyque Oud Palao for sure.

Projects like a beast, and has excellent longevity for 12+ hrs on skin and few days on clothes.
Rating: 8.5-9.0/10

Gidimeister
Gidimeister

Ridiculously strong, never ever use more than 2 sprays or you will ruin your day. I find this to be overwhelming and one-dimensional, for the most part. Does not evolve as much as one would have hoped. It is quite dry too.

I am not sure where the oud is, I smell a heavy, disinfectant kind of vibe, this stuff is seriously strong. I've only ever used it in humid climates so that may be it, but this isn't fun to use.

Dunno, I think it is a monster with the longevity and sillage, but it doesn't give off anything interesting.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

The reviews here (on Indonesian Oud) are irrepressibly positive. Being a lover/collector of oud-based colognes, it's therefore "safe" to blind buy this! And when purchased, I'll definitely add my two cents here! Good day guys!

McYvan
McYvan

I do agree with assim. I own both Indonesian Oud and Oud Ispahan, perhaps it's a little arrogant to judge which is better, but I can definitely tell that I much prefer the former.

Louismanuel
Louismanuel

assim.hayderi
I will be looking forward to read your review and see your ratings after you get it.

assim.hayderi

I tried out this at the airport in Milan and my god this was so good. I could see some resemblance between this and Oud Ispahan but this is much better and sophisticated. Definitely on my wish-list and hopefully I will get it soon.

Scent: 9.5/10
Projection: 9/10

scentfollower
scentfollower

I had a chance to try and sample this and it was amazing,and this one may be great for those who are scared of oud-rose combo , I don't like rose ( except for in Portrait of a Lady ) , I made this vow that I would never ever buy a fragrance with rose in it as I don't like the note , but I've changed my opinion on rose or rather I would make an exception, this fragrance is really , at least in my humble opinion, out of this world and the rose here is kind of dry or herbal if it weren't for the price tag I'd buy this , may be some other time.
Together with Creed's Royal Oud , Tom Ford's Oud Wood/Tabacco Oud ,Versace's Oud Noir ( beautiful scent this one though it is not the projection nor longevity top dog, oud noir that is ) and few others one of the best thing I had the opportunity to sniff , just great.

Deetron
Deetron

Hi all there,
My first impression of Indonesian Oud is really positive! It is very smooth, rich, woody and sophisticated.
It doesn’t take long to sense the beautiful character of Indonesian Oud – opening is not harsh or medicinal, but at the same time defiantly reveals eastern type of woody smell. The oud note is very pleasant and well put.
In the drydown the rose note is growing up in a beautiful and subtle way. You may think this is another oud-rose scent, but in fact Indonesian Oud is a lot more. The rose, the oud, the amber note – they are all extremely well mixed and the end result is brilliant perfume symphony.
I like it a lot, because it got a lot of depth and complex character – it is a woody scent, but at the same time is not raw or dirty, it got floral aspect, but in a subtle way, it got warm and sweet kind of feeling, but in a cozy way...
I think Indonesian Oud is in the same high quality as Floriental by Comme des Garcons, Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin and so on... Indonesian Oud is a pricey scent, but gives great quality and deserves attention.
Thank you for your attention and have a nice day.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

On first spray I get a beautiful wet red rose with a very nice plush well behaved Oud. It's very smooth and a little medicinal in places but it does smell very posh.

The patchouli is there behind the rose giving it a slight earthiness and the amber just lends a tad sweetness to the affair.

All in all one of the better Oud/Rose combo's I have smelled.

Very nice indeed!

pabuenos
pabuenos

My taste for Oud: M7, Versace Oud Noir, Tom Ford Oud Wood, Amouage Epic Man.

Zesty Rose and Oud. Soapy and really rosy at the beginning, green and sharp. The Oud reveals its face in a quite medicinal way, almost like new agaroud chips. IMO there's something spicy not listed above, maybe Ginger or Coriander, or maybe is just the Oud/Rose accords playing around. Projection is fine, but fails longevity (I'm one of those guys that even powerful juices don't last for more than 4-5 hours). Perhaps with stronger Amber/Patchouli accords this would work better for me. Good quality, though,

I just don't get the advertised amber looking color of the juice when it's actually colorless.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Goooood oud. Just the right oud. It doesn't get skanky. Hint of rose soap and earth. Truly woodsy at heart. Masculine. Winner of the wearable oud contest that's been going on for... How many years? Super sillage that doesn't pillage.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

I hardly think there’s anything Indonesian here, but there’s surely a ton of oud. Synthetic to the bone with very little effort (or skills, or budget) to hide it, but it’s there, and it’s nearly the only thing I smell, paired with a subtle but consistent dark musky rose nuance, and some really sharp, bitter herbal patchouli, which took me some time to detect as it blends really well with the smokier-earthier side of oud. An odd, but quite well-fitting touch of bergamot floats around during the opening phase. Most of all it’s oud though. And it’s, well, a really ordinary, dry, extremely linear, a bit cheap oud note – the only interesting nuance being a sort of alcoholic-liquorish nuance. Nothing animalic or “fecal”, on the opposite it’s a woody-medicinal, smooth and polished note as in most of low/mid-range Western oud scents (from Montale down to Ferrari Oud), with a tar-like vibe reminding me of L’aigle de la Victoire by Rancé, and something similar to a touch of saffron. Quite artificial and flat, but fairly pleasant and unpretentiously classy. I appreciate the general “tone” in particular; despite being a dark scent with some potentially heavy notes, it smells actually really discreet and mannered. Just a bit too dry and linear for my tastes, and a bit cheap too as I said. Overall, aside from personal feelings, I would consider Indonesian Oud a decent fragrance which isn’t really worthy the crazy retail price, but may work nicely as a cheap everyday oud scent if you get it as a gift or stumble upon a (really) good deal.

6,5/10

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Man was I excited to sample this. Consensus?

Very subtle oud reminding me of Dior Leather Oud but without the complementing notes of honey and leather....stripped if you will. The opening makes me go ooh aah then 30 minutes later all I get is a very quiet oud....boring.

An SA might describe this scent as intimTe/romantic...laughable. This Juice is weak.
If you want subtle/romantic try LM Parfum Black Oud. It has much better performance and supporting notes.

Joe drake
Joe drake

I blind bought this on the way back from holiday but to be honest it didn't go down very well with me so if anyone wants to swap please get In touch (boxed)

fuggerone
fuggerone

soft oud and rose combo, very pleasant and with great staying power and huge sillage, will add it to my collection soon!

Manny44

Wore this today for the first time in at least 3 months.
This really is an underrated beauty. Ridiculously good.
Rain and humidity seem to amplify its beauty.

Alive
Alive

I was walking away of the gym's changing rooms when I suddenly smelled something that just made me turn my head, I mean really hard. Next to me was a guy putting on his perfume, and I had to ask him which one he was wearing: Indonesian oud.

It projects the words luxurious and sophisticated. With just one spray you fill an entire room. Became one of my favorites instantly.

mabduaguye
mabduaguye

So I was introduced to this bad boy by my brother in-law who made me pick up a bottle for him before I visited home for the holidays (Its not really available in my country)

As someone who's taste in scents I have the highest respect for, I was intrigued - knowing that he would hardly want to bother me with such a seemingly trivial request, anyway; I got a bottle and had the opportunity to try it for myself.

In simple terms, this scent is Amazing! as a fan of several rose-oud combos; this is by far one of the best I have tried (the closest in comparison would be Armani Prive's Rose d'Arabie)

Its basically a mix of rose-oud, some wood and a touch of spices(?); with a tiny amount of bergamot for fizz at the top. Performance-wise, it easily lasts 24 hours on skin and days on clothes, with very good projection and sillage. I especially like that its a well blended scent that dries down beautifully to soft spicy, woody base that is unlikely to offend anyone.

However, given the potency, I'd advise to go easy with the sprayer. The bottle looks very good and feels solid - It'd look good on any dresser, plus the magnetic cap is a nice touch. It's obvious that a lot of thought went into not only the scent, but also its presentation.

At 190USD for 125ml, it might be considered a tad pricey, however, if you can afford it and rose-oud combos are your thing, by all means - pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed. For all others, I'd also endorse trying it if possible. Its been said that this is nothing 'new'; but my opinion is that Zegna has just raised the bar a bit higher on all fronts.

Just a quick update to my review below from a while back.
I still think this is a very decent fragrance the opening is very sharp and almost to the point of AdP colonia Oud but much less extreme and far far more wearable. Also this completely morphs during the drydown into a gorgeously spiced, woody Oud which is almost a bit 'off' compared to that opening but I find it a welcome relief.
These are a good collection of fragrances...this range covers nearly all bases with 5 very good quality juices.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Very similar to Laurence Dumont Black Oud, but way much better in all aspects, especially longevity.
Very happy because i do love Black Oud but it lacks seriously longivity and body.

The squared bottle is very beautiful, with this magnetic cap that is nice, a good idea from the designer.

Indeed, it's basically rose and oud. Very gently, not dark at all. Nothing original about that, but very well crafted and so nice to wear, really unisex.

A good stone in an oud's fan collection.

PS : Black Oud is much cheaper, though (less than 1/4 of Zegna).

MizT.R.-Tea
MizT.R.-Tea

This one is a very good powerhouse, of mainly rose, and wood . That's what You will mainly pick up . With colognes like this I only use one spray .I happen to be a fan of this collection .

myra83

@manny44 tq so much dear.. i love so much this smell.. its same level with amouage. I love combination oudh n rosed in this indonesian oudh. Tq once again

Manny44

@myra83 It is an EDT. It is strong and long-lasting however. Beautiful scent.

myra83

Hello all... ive this indonesian oudh but i confiouse is that this got edp and edt version??? Or just only edp version anyone can help me???

robert2kool
robert2kool

As a lover of oud based perfumes, I have learned never ever to post first impressions. Each perfume blended with oud (and there are lots of different characteristics to oud, depending on the geography of where it comes from). Upon first impression, I was not impressed.....the Bergamot, Pachouli, Amber, and Rose were overwhelming, while the oud remained lightly in the background....a hint of rice paper and pepper. My first impression was where is the oud and this spells like a ladies perfume. After about an hour or two, the floral/leafy mix began to settle down and the bergamot played it's course before at about 5 hours the oud started to blossom. And folks, this is high quality oud....that delightfully woody/spicy fragrance that only the highest quality oud possesses. No fecal smell here, no petrol nor blue cheese smell here. It evolved from a rice paper dabbled with pepper to that wonder scent that is only oud.

Odelia
Odelia

This stuff is crazyyyyyy, I applied 4 sprays 2 on skin 2 on clothes, after 3 days and my locker still smells like it when I open it. Very interesting oudh with woods and a tiny bit of citrus to make it a bit sweeter. I'd say it is more quite masculine, but can be worn by women as well.

LipMartell
LipMartell

I don't own this, but I sampled it on my hand one afternoon and I can still smell it the next morning. After a shower and all! Over 16 hours later. Crazy.

$$
$$

To Saeidreza:In NO WAY shape or form does this ever get to smell similar to Montale Aoud Musk! Not trying to kick a dead horse but really lol.

muzzbait
muzzbait

a mix of 'terryfic oud' and 'oud royale'. nice, but too similar to both. undetectable oud, too...

Manny44

Love it. Simply the best quality oud ,patch and rose I've smelled yet with not much to get in the way. Bold , primordial, deep and a pleasure to wear. Kind of perfect.

Update:Still love it. Some days I feel like ADP Oud, some days only this will do. I also have Zegna Patchouli and think this one is better.

Guest_theperfumedveil
Guest_theperfumedveil

Walking into the darkened men's department, I came upon a full display of these classy bottles and sniffers. The Oud was by far the most beautiful and classy of all. In fact, it smells better and more rich and nuanced than a lot of ouds out there. I would get this as a gift for a husband or boss. This is the kind of fragrance that always appeals. I did not even know Zegna made an oud but now I will be watching this till I find a good price.

said.mubarok.96
said.mubarok.96

Indonesian oud ? interesting !

As a huge fan of Zegna's more affordable designer fragrances I couldn't wait to try these having known of their existence for quite some time but not being able to track them down... until now.
I thought I'd only sample 3 to begin with and the Oud seemed liked a logical place to start. The quality hits you instantly but it's not quite what I was expecting. I was maybe thinking it would be another in a long line of linear Oud/Rose combo's or it would be a princely shower of oud/saffron and resin but it's neither.
I mean that in a good way, Indonesian Oud is a uniquely sharp take on Oud and the wood aroma itself has a different quality to lots of Oud fragrances you will smell and that's refreshing to me. It's not wholly unfamiliar just has a signature quality which makes it worth the mention of where it originates. I'm no expert but those Indonesians have got some good Oud!
The opening is bergamot then the sharpness continues as the spicy wood develops, strong and medicinal. There's a slight hint of patchouli and even less rose in here which is great and adds to the scents individual character.
I like it and it works to my taste but nothing blind blowing here, the quality and longevity etc is as good as any niche Oud and justifies the high price.
The bottles are really great too and have the same style magnetic stoppers found on the Dior La collection Privee bottles.
Solid first outing for me with Pricey Zegna's.

rum
rum

Having returned from a trip abroad, I remember seeing this fragrance gem at the airport. I didn't purchase it right away as I like to let fragrances develop on me first before buying.

Oud is a fragrance note that it seems everyone is doing now. But few manage to blend it appropriately. Zegna's interpretation mixes this with bergamot, rose and incense - the two latter are among my favourite notes, so this one was a crowd pleaser for me. It doesn't develop too much, perhaps the bergamot dies down a bit over time, but the rose and oud remain at the forefront throughout. This is a long lasting scent that really reminds me of the orient. The bottle looks sleek - simplistic, yet classy - and the magnetic top is genius!

Agungt
Agungt

The first sniff of this fragrance immediately reminded me a type of wood that is commonly used in very expensive Indonesian wood-carvings. By the way, I am an Indonesian. I am not sure if Oud were the same type of wood I just mentioned. However, the note of this fragrance is indeed very close.

It has a combination of spice, sweetness, and incense-like aroma. Somehow it has some mystical aura in it, reminding me the Indonesia's rich old traditions.

This fragrance is indeed strong, as other reviewers described. It is the most long lasting one I have ever had. I found it a little difficult to find a proper occasion to use it. I am thinking to layer it with other fragrances to make it more versatile. I also might wear it more if I am in Indonesia since it may suit the environment better.

I conclude that this Indonesin Oud is a fine offering from Zegna. It is unique in many aspects. I think it is the strongest one in this collection.

sharmap14
sharmap14

smells pretty identical to hugo boss damask oud, basically smells like smoked wood ive never smelled real oud oil so cant say if thats what it smells like. price range is above 250$ but the bottle design is pretty cool plastic cap with magnet inside just slides on top of the bottle

bartoagung
bartoagung

Indonesia! hmm... :)

Saeidreza
Saeidreza

This is similar to Aoud Musk by Montale! Smells like Oud and little rose after few hours it gets sweeter and more unisex. Its quality juice. Porjection and longavity are good.

lovescully
lovescully

After testing the whole 'Essenze' collection I finally decided that Indonesian Oud was my favourite; followed closely by Javanese Patchouli.

In my opinion, Indonesian Oud begins as it ends, with a wonderful and luxurious combination of rose and oud. It's a quite linear fragrance that in my experience doesn't really appear to behave in the traditional top, then heart, then base note structure. The only exceptions are a slight hint of bergamot citrus at the beginning which appears to fade quite quickly, and a gentle amber/myrh background. For those that are familiar with oud, they will recognise the slightly 'medicinal' traits that oud can sometimes display; but this is in no way a negative observation.

Apart from the beautiful scent itself, the biggest plus is the excellent longevity I get on my skin and clothes. Despite being only an EDT concentration, this lasts on me the whole day and right through until the next morning.

For those that care about such things, the packaging and presentation are also very nice. The simple, but elegant cube style heavy glass bottle is adorned with a glossy black metal base and a similar metal magnetic cap.

Although this is marketed for men, I suspect that this could very easily be worn by women. Considering the overall scent, longevity, performance & packaging, if I had to choose just one word to sum up my feelings it would be 'quality'. Two thumbs up!

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

I got this lab sample in my friend's office who works for this brand.This fragrance smells really oriental. For me,it is always a very good combination with Rose and Oud wood.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Indonesian Oud by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Indonesian Oud by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.