Designers » D E » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Italian Bergamot Ermenegildo Zegna for men

Italian Bergamot Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

Italian Bergamot Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Italian Bergamot Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Italian Bergamot Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

Ermenegildo Zegna is launching a new collection of men’s fragrances - Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna in collaboration with Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. The collection is expected on the market in December 2012.

Five new fragrances embody values of the company - passion, commitment, vision. The fragrances are: Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, Javanese Patchouli, Indonesian Oud and Florentine Iris. The designer was inspired by his luxurious high-end men’s Ermenegildo Zegna Couture Collection and hopes it will put forward the house’s name in the world of fragrances.

Perfumers who worked on perfumes of the new collection are: Pierre Negrin, Frank Voelkl, Harry Fremont and Jacques Cavallier. All fragrances have one ingredient in common: Calabrian bergamot, but have very different compositions. An interesting fact is that Zegna owns the bergamot harvest used in this collection.

Italian Bergamot incorporates Calabrian bergamot oil surrounded by neroli, rosemary and vetiver.

The fragrances will be available in 124 ml (4.2 oz) flacons. Each fragrance and its flacon have a different color, to mark the central ingredient of the fragrance.

Calabrian bergamot Neroli Rosemary Vetiver

Acqua di Bergamotto
Neroli Portofino
Velvet Bergamot
Azure Lime

Italian Bergamot Fragrance Reviews

stoic_cicero
stoic_cicero

I'm personally a sucker for italian scents. Specifically bergamot and neroli heavy scents, so it's no wonder why i love this one so much. It simply and elegantly displays those two scents with decent performance considering the inherent performance problems with those ingredients. Now, all of that said, I cannot justify the price for this one. I just can't do it.

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

Really disappointed by Italian Bergamot. What the hell were they thinking when they created this and decided to sell it for that high price? It is nothing special but a very sharp citrusy scent that lasts for an hour or two and projects poorly. Citrus is not an expensive ingredient, they could at least have made it better for the sack of the brand. Indonesian Oud is the only price-worthy scent from this house IMO. Don't waste your money on this one! If you live in Sweden and want to swap my bottle with something that you have got, let me know.

Projection: 3/10

rpeagram
rpeagram

Quality perfume, very well constructed and a wonderful clean and fresh scent. No trace of a chemical nightmare! Just good ingredients.

But it really only lasted 3 hours before becoming a skin scent. So, I feel it's a great office scent where you do not want to overwhelm people. Colleagues rated this between 7-8/10......a consistently safe and nice smelling choice.

8/10 for scent
6/10 for performance (longevity) But this works in your favour for where this needs to be used, it's not for the "club"........

Flacon 10/10, love the robustness of the bottle and the magnetic cap.

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

A quality smelling green, clean, bergamot-orientated fragrance. Isn't the sort of fragrance that is usually my top pick, but I did find it rather intriguing after having the chance to explore the Essenze line. This is the sort of scent you would wear with a nice shirt and pants, a suit, or something of that nature. Would make a great daytime / work scent, but would also work equally as well on a date or going out to a nice restaurant for dinner.

I probably didn't love it quite enough to justify the price, but if I see a good bargain i'd definitely consider it. Worth checking out for sure.

sekikawa
sekikawa

it is so light and soapy , on skin it only last....1 hour I think , spray on cloth it can last longer, around 5 hours. good but not good enough for that price!
Smell good , Bergamot, or I think there is lime in it last note soapy.

Louismanuel
Louismanuel

Attracted by the scent of Neroli ivy hanging over the walls in the streets of Rome early May, I have sampled Neroli Portofino and EZ's Italian Bergamot on the Airport before returning home.
I sprayed these 2 on a paper and NP also on my backhand.
Just to find out, a week later after another sampling, that my wife's first reaction to NP: “Just like 4711”, is more or less correct. And that was the Parfum version. Gone from my skin in a couple of hours and from the paper strip the very next day.

However, the other paper strip, which I assume to be Italian Bergamot has a lovely drydown even after 4 weeks! Beautiful subtle sweetness. Since chance of sampling it here on my skin in the Netherlands is very limited, addicted as I became, decided to take the gamble and ordered it from Zegna’s web shop.
I thought, if I can get this dry down for about 3-4 hours, even if close to skin, I will be in heaven.
4 days later, weekend included, it arrived.
I gave it a proper full wear last week. 5 sprays. The weather was 16 C and cloudy, maybe not the best occasion.
After a very fresh opening I got a certain soapiness which I like. However before it could even come close to the paper dry down, it vanished from my arms about 4 hours later.
Yesterday I wore it again. Now it was 22 Degrees C. Still cloudy.
I got the same nice cool Bergamot Citrus and a bit op soapiness all the way for 7-8 hours. Moderate sillage for a couple of hours. (I cannot really rate this and I have no one around to ask). For me is was mostly close to the skin. Not really much going on. A bit shy let’s say. Almost linear.

This never got any close to the now mysterious paper strip I still have here in front of me.
Decided to spray again on paper today, after previously not getting the same result after a couple of days.
I am afraid I mixed up something. I was quite sure to spray only 2 on paper and is certainly not Neroli Portofino. I will certainly know if it was Italian Bergamot within a couple of days after a second test.
Pffff

Although I never rate a fragrance after so short use (1 spray at deliver and 2 full wears), I really must hope this will grow on me. Because this stuff costs more than twice the price of my most expensive fragrance ever, being the recently purchased Acqua di Parma’s.
For now it is just average. For example, it is exactly 3,5 times the price I paid for Dolce Gabbana Light blue. (42 €/75 ML). Which is a very decent fragrance. I really have serious doubts this Ermenegildo Zegna Essenze collection member, will ever feel very special to me, except for the price I have paid.
I often read about how good and natural the used elements are in expensive fragrances, rather than the artificial stuff that is often used in cheaper designers fragrances. How well the stuff has been blended. How original.
But honestly, for me, as long as I don’t get a skin allergy, (never did) I don’t care if the notes have been produced by Esso/Shell or Texaco (like the petroleum in Fahrenheit) or from trees, plants and herbs of someone’s private Garden, or from God’s own Garden of Eden itself.
For me only the outcome is relevant: scent and performance combination
All the rest is snobbish bull…

In my endless search for the ultimate perfect scent. The very special and exquisite I have purchased since Mid March 24 fragrances, 2 aftershaves and 2 deodorant sprays.
As I feel it’s getting harder to find this within regular perfumeries, I was willing to do a little bit harder my best. Read more reviews. Go downtown for sampling. Spend even more. But the search within the more expensive is yet to lead to the desired outcome.
The best mainly Summer fragrances I bought this year:
Chanel Allure & Allure home Sport. Dior Sauvage (Yes the hated one) Acqua di Parma Essenza and Terres D’Hermes, although this is very similar to Eau Tres fraiche I already had.
And a couple of very decent ones: Thierry Mugler Cologne, Aqua di Parma Colonia Intensa and Assoluta, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue.

But the only not mainstream decent fragrance I bought is Cristiano Ronaldo Legacy, believe it or not.
Nobody has this, only me and my eldest son. LOL. That makes it special, right?

Today I am expecting Tsar, by Van Cleef & Arpels. Who knows, maybe this will compensate.

alextang2k
alextang2k

nice , but very expensive .......

gillbert
gillbert

very sourly and at the same time fresh and bit bitter. from top to bottom is fresh, sourly, bitter, clean and crisp. easy to love and suitable for everyday perfume. inoffensive at all.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Well this was a blind buy for me. I had been on a bergamot kick and came across this.....

When I received this, I expected a brighter, more juicy scent. What I got was a very, very relaxed bergamot/mossy blend with a slight hint of spicy neroli. The vetiver is barely detectable which I like. It just enough to add support. I'm not going to lie, I was very disappointed as I wanted and expected something more "summery and bright."

However, after giving this a shot and wearing it for a few days, I can now say I really, really like this stuff. It's very masculine and very well blended. You can tell this stuff is high quality and costs a lot of money. Now in a way I'm almost glad it's not too bright because I don't have anything like this.

I don't see this as an everyday scent. I feel like I have to dress up when I wear this. Not as in a suit and tie, but nice jeans, nice shirt and boots with a jacket to top it off. I will add it is very potent and strong but the sillage isn't the best, but certainly not the worst.

Overall: I love the mossy hint I get from it. It comes off as super masculine and super well blended.

Sillage: 6/10

P.S. - if you're a fan of bergamot, I highly recommend this and Dolce and Gabbana's Velvet Bergamot.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

this has to be one of my favourite fragrance lines

in my eyes they can do no wrong ;p but that doesn't mean its worth buying...

Italian Bergamot is a very pleasant smelling scent its done very well and holds its own next to any other top shelf italian designed scents i.e. (aqua di parma colonia line) since its very similar in style

the rosemary bergamot neroli and vetiver gives this scent a very fresh and lively smell its only draw back is its projection and longevity since both are either average or below average

as i said earlier on i adore this line but if i had to only take one id go with either Javanese Patchouli or Peruvian Ambrette

if your able to sample this line dont wait jump all over it

on to the next

sf2explus
sf2explus

This lasts for 12 hours with two sprays to the neck amazing fresh natural smelling scent. I was amazed with how strong the smell was on my shirt the next day i could clearly smell it on myself i usually change my work shirt daily but was in a rush and had this amazing scent on me and remembered that i had sprayed it the day before. It is not amazing in terms of projection but the scent just goes on and on. Would be amazing for a first date,work, signature, any season but best for spring/summer. This fragrance has no harsh opening that some fresh scents have and for the price it shouldn't. Definitely a try

drakecito
drakecito

Very light bergamot, right from the start.
Nothing more.
It's true. Smells very natural.
Longevity around 2-3 hours. Sillage nonexistent.

Maybe for 20$...

MizT.R.-Tea
MizT.R.-Tea

This is a clean natural smelling bergamot scent .Grade a materials were used here .

edwardleong85
edwardleong85

I just gotten this beauty today... i agree with what Cyrus smelt... juicy sparking bergamot with the lovely neroli.

I always wanted to get a bottle of Le Labo's Bergamotte 22 but then i managed to score a tester of this, and i can say is tat i found my signature bergamot & neroli

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

A sea-salty breeze over a field of green citrus fruits!

I have been ignoring this fragrance since its release in 2012, shame on me! I bought it a couple a days ago and with the extra hot weather it just feels so good. Like I already said for Sicilian Mandarin... it's like they managed to bottled wind!

The bergamot (and lime) is up front, stays quite present and the neroli can be detected without upstaging the main ingredient and the vetiver is there but playing a discreet third role which is perfect here.
After a remarkable yet traditional cologne opening (fresh, clean) the citrus quiet down a bit and a SALTY vibe comes in. To me this is the high point of this fragrance. Italian Bergamot with the help of the sun and warm weather becomes one with your skin and the same salty feeling you get at the beach enters quietly.
For those who love citrus fragrances but don't necessarily enjoy bitter or sweet ones, this is truly a remarkable scent. Bergamot, lime, orange and citron are generally éphémère or short-lived but here it manage to stay on for quite some time. The bottle is magnificent and the magnetic cap is clever!

Fresh summer fragrance but also beautiful on cold autumn & winter days. On those colder days, the bergamot & vetiver are duelling for the first position!

I Love it!

jf72
jf72

very clean, very powerful note of Bergamot citrus, could still smell it on my skin after scrubbing with hot water and soap. if only all citruses could be like that. sadly, to me it was too strong - it smells like kitchen cleaning product.

josevancouver
josevancouver

I really like this fragrance. It has a clean and sexy vibe to it. Smooth with a very unique-smelling bergamot off the top with vetiver and a rosemary base.

This isn't a complex fragrance - it just smells very nice, well-blended and expensive. Quality juice.

rocky_moin
rocky_moin

The opening is very pleasant, smells citrusy (the smell of bergamot is dominating).This is a masculine scent.The notes of vetiver and neroli(sweet ) come up gradually in few minutes ..!!
This looks like a summer fragrance and the longevity is poor..For me it didnot last more than 2 to 3 hours..I could barely smell after 5 hours..Luckily, I didnot buy a full bottle..!! The projection is good, for the first few minutes and later on, hardly detectable.!!

rogson
rogson

Very pleasant bergamot-neroli fragrance. Nice and clean. Pretty good longevity for a citrus (bergamot) fragrance. Seems very well-blended and smooth, classy. I get a bit of musk on the drydown, after about three hours, but this is not listed in the notes.

lovescully
lovescully

I had initially written this off as the least interesting of Zegna's Essenze collection and therefore I didn't think it was full bottle worthy. Well after much testing and sitting on the fence, I went ahead and purchased a full bottle of this (& Sicilian Mandarin).

This really is gorgeous and I can detect each and every note listed in the publicity. It comes across as being in the style of a classic Italian cologne, like ADP Colonia, but it definitely has its own character. I also get a sense of a fresh non-sweet eucalyptus type of note, like freshly scrunched eucalyptus leaves, but it remains firmly in the background.

For a citrus based fragrance the longevity and sillage are pretty good, although not near Zegna's Indonesian Oud. It's a little expensive, but if you are looking for a beautiful citrus that not everyone is wearing, you could do worse than this. As with all the Essenze collection, the presentation and bottle are stunning.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Italian Bergamot fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Italian Bergamot, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Italian Bergamot by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Italian Bergamot by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.