Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent 2015 Estée Lauder for women
dislike

coconut
Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent 2015 Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent is launched as part of the summer collection Bronze Goddess for 2015, which Estée Lauder annually launches. The fragrance opens with zesty citrus notes of Sicilian bergamot, mandarin, lemon and orange. The heart includes tiare flower, jasmine, magnolia and orange blossom. The base consists of warm notes of amber, coconut milk, vanilla, vetiver, sandalwood and myrrh.

It is available in bottles of 100 ml.

Sicilian Bergamot Mandarin Orange Lemon Orange

Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent 2016

Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent 2015 Fragrance Reviews

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

I was a big fan of 2011 edition, kept on visiting the perfumeries to smell it every day - as a student I could not afford it. Then when I could, it was replaced with new editions.

I bought 2 bottles and body oil of this one. The resemblance to 2011 BG is obvious, but I miss the CARAMEL note so much! It made BG even more sensual and sexy. Still, to me it is always no 1 beachy scent and I have to say that Estee Lauder sets the bar high and every other Bronze Goddess has the "it" thing. It opens with short lasting citrus notes, then we have the never ending coconut note with a hint of tiare - tiare has no chance here to be sweet, which is fine to me. Coconut note is very dry; in general beachy scent are not too much elegant (excluding Terracotta), but with this one you can feel like in Hawaii or Carribean even while spending vacation by cold European seas.

Amazing, Estee Lauder, you do an excellent job here!

melthevw
melthevw

This is my summer scent so I panic if my local store doesn't have it in by June 1st. First bought for a holiday in Mexico in '08 so whenever I'm wearing it my kids say "Ooh, you smell like Mexico!" Simply the best summer scent.

smokvica

Pinktoe, thank you so much! Also big thanks to MissButterfly and Msbooboohat for PM!
I was really hoping it doesn't contain alcohol.

smokvica

Dear Fragrantica friends, can you tell me does Bronze Goddess contain alcohol? If somebody can check on the back of their box. Thanks!

ChloeKeny

This fragrance is proof of how much ones taste can change in a year. Last year I tried this out and I really really disliked it. At the time I thought it was too sharp and really unpleasant. I'd wanted a coconut scent and unfortunately, couldn't smell that particular note in bronze goddess. This year, against my better judgement, I blind bought the on the go travel spray set. Oh my gosh it's wonderful! The coconut and lemon are mostly what I smell. It's creamy and a bit suntan lotiony (which was what I wanted) but the lemon, and floral notes keep it from being too cliché. I'm so glad I gave this a second chance!

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

This is such a soothing and relaxing scent. We've had an unusually cloudy streak for this time of the year where I live and this is the perfect pick-me-up for the dreary weather. It reeks of summer - tanning oil, coconuts, monoï, sunscreen, amber, pineapple, sandalwood, beaches and bright citrus. Although it's marketed as a women's scent, I ignore that label. I'm a guy and I've received so many compliments on this one. This is one of those fragrances that I feel just suits my appearance so well - I'm blonde with olive skin and yellow green eyes. It's pairs so well with raybans, tanned skin, a button up linen shirt, shorts and flip-flops. It makes me smell like I'm fresh off a plane from a Tahitian voyage.

This does remind me of Soleil Blanc, and if it's within your budget I would chose Soleil Blanc. Not that BG is significantly inferior, but SB lasts longer and is creamier and richer. Despite the "skinscent" title, make sure you spray this on your clothes if you want it to last. It does cling on to clothing or test strips and has a gorgeous drydown, but it vanishes on skin so quickly. Bronze Goddess is a great scent but I just wish it came in an EDT or EDP option so that it would last longer and treat the wearer with a longer, stronger stay in the tropics.

blake.lee
blake.lee

This smells so much better to me than my 2014 version. 2014 was so sharp and vetiver heavy on my skin. This current version the vetiver is much more muted. I wish I didn't have an almost full bottle of the 2014 and the matching lotion. I was so sure I was going to love it, I bought them blind. I would have loved them if they smelled like this one.

kwnstanths
kwnstanths

My review actually is on Sun Screan scent as this brought me here . I bought it previous summer on my way to Mykonos and it perfectly acompanied my luxury vacation .

I couldnt wait to have more of the body lotion which actually feels more like a cream , to sniff its well balanced aroma . A combo of light coconut (which generally I dont like but here smells so naturally) and summer heaven on the beach . Reminds me of sand , sun and Mykonos . Cant distinct more ingedients but thats what makes it ultimate to me.

The end of the story is that , they took it at Athens airport luggage control on my way back home , as it was more than 50ml product in my stuff . I just bought the Sun Screen face lotion for summer 2016 and Im excited to smell the same scent every morning applying it .

They told me not to have received the scent at Sephora yesterday , but Im buying it as soon as its available . Only wish this years version Eau Fraiche to smell like Bronze Goddess Sun Screen does.

jennygirlsmile1
jennygirlsmile1

Love Bronze goddess,my only have one complaint it that it the scent is so light I can't smell it after 15 minutes,very disappointed but I do love the scent.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

I think this is the one. I think I found my signature scent! I'm ordering the largest bottle right now! To me this smells like lovely apricots with a slight tinge of sweet coconut. I've never smelled tiare flowers, but the concoction smells soft and tropical, and I can't imagine someone not liking this. However, I don't think it smells like sunscreen. It does smell warm though (amber and vanilla). I don't explicitly smell any citrus, but the fragrance does have juicy facets (mostly the apricot note I smell). Finally! A tropical scent that doesn't smell like plastic!! Very good quality scent.
Not to cheapen the good quality comments, but I think my friend had a tropical scented Barbie and it was wearing this scent. I've been looking for it for a long time.
Edit:
The review above is for the tester. I bought the fragrance, and it smells much more synthetic and citrusy. The tester is smooth and sweet, but the perfume I bought is just not as warm or well blended...I'm disappointed.

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

It's nice but I was hoping for more coconut. The tiare flower and jasmine are really pronounced on me and, in my opinion, reminds me a little bit of Alien. I know, I know, but just a little bit because of how strong the jasmine is to me. I like it though. Nice summer scent.

Justpeachy007
Justpeachy007

Reviewing today because I accidentally realized, today, how truly reliant this scentscent is on skin. I have a dab on tester bottle of this and used it today because the temp in the Chicagoland will be nearly 60f and I needed a pull out of the cold winter rutt. As I dabbed my neck, some spilled down the front of my shirt. Oh well, I'll smell extra goddess-y today, right? Lol. On my skin, it has become all the beauty it's meant to be. Divine. On my shirt, it's straight up coconut. It's not bad though, it's just absolutely linear on my shirt. So my review is more a reccomendation. If you want the true skinscent to reveal itself, spray all over your skin and enjoy the magic that happens for each person and their chemistry. If you want to smell more of the coconut, spray your clothes... Overall though, this is an essential summery scent. At first spray, yes it smells like suntan oil. But wait for it. I love it.

theodeled
theodeled

If I have to describe summer in Greece using two words I would say: Bronze Goddess!
Close your eyes and dream of a long sandy beach, lovely small waves looking like sheeps in a sea valley, you drinking mojito and this is it. You have this perfume!
Adorable! I love it. It gives me confidence, makes me feel feminine, sexy, girly...

jlfears
jlfears

My favorite of all was Azuree Soleil. I actually do smell a faint but important difference between AS and the BG line... but Bronze Goddess is beautiful.

2015 had, to me, some obvious lemon when I first sprayed it. It quickly turned into lemon ice cream, and then left only a whisper of itself ~ just enough to keep it from being *too* sweet, *too* vintage-like.

BUT I will say this, and I haven't seen many others say this, Bronze Goddess dries down ~ on my skin ~ to VINTAGE lipstick... a makeup bag! It's gorgeous ~ to die for, really ~ but far from beachy.

So while I love BG (all of them I've smelled), and love the lemon bits of 2015, they all read more lipstick and powder compacts than sunny beaches and tanning lotion.

Midnight00
Midnight00

This no-alcohol perfume is made only for SUN worshippers!!!
It captures the sun and summer in a bottle with a divine scent which binds you with a beach spell all day long!
The scent is very lasting and the fact it excludes many chemicals and synthetics (they are very limited in this perfume) is very comforting.
I wear it during the winter and simply takes the winter blues away! It just makes you happy!!!
This is a very sensual and emotionally elating scent..!!!

angelfishie
angelfishie

Vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine, coconut. A warm breeze, a vast expanse of glittering sand, the golden late-afternoon sun, radiant skin, inviting sensuality...

Bronze Goddess opens with clean, mild citrus, sweet tiare and elegant jasmine, underlaid by a warm, almost rummy vanilla. Sandalwood tickles my nose and brings a spicy richness to the scent, balanced out by smooth coconut milk. It absolutely is reminiscent of suntan lotion, but even beyond that, BG conjures all sorts of warmth and light... dawn... dusk... the hearthside... food in the oven... piles of blankets... bonfires under the harvest moon... and of course the lifegiving sun...

Indeed, the most striking characteristic of Bronze Goddess is how it conveys a "glow"; it seems to bask in its own warmth and light. I have since learned that salicylates, immune system and growth compounds native to some plants and flowers, lend aptly-named "solar florals" like Bronze Goddess their enveloping, blooming warmth. Like dousing yourself in a hug...

My one criticism is that the fragrance could easily be more powerful and longer-lasting, though Estée Lauder is upfront about its gravity. The scent lasts for about six hours on my skin, with gentle to moderate sillage, and longer on clothes. But as I say to my fiancé about time spent with him: if "I want more" is my worst complaint, I know things must be pretty wonderful.

Mizurin
Mizurin

EEW~~ I don't know what is wrong but I couldn't think this was nice smell at all. I tested this scent at a mall & after that inside of my hubby's car was full of smell which we were not sure what it was. He begged me to wash it away on the way home that he couldn't bear any longer. I really cannot figure out what kind of smell it was. Not coconuts, not flower or not fruits or anything???

ChloeKeny

I think I may have the unpopular opinion here, but I really dislike this fragrance. Based on what I've read about it, I was expecting a light beachy coconut scent. Unfortunately, nothing about this to me says beach. It's really sharp and clean, and smells like Safeguard brand bars of soap. Not a pleasant scent at all. I really wanted to love it, and I'm so glad I didn't blind buy like I originally wanted to. Great lasting power though, I got 9 hours of strong fragrance from this.

Wheaters
Wheaters

I was sent a sample of this by evansmummy (thank you :)) and I am very pleased to be able to try it.
I love the coconutty, milky, creamy feel. It's also quite sweet which is gorgeous.
Unfortunately the bergamot is too noticeable to me and gives it the hairspray feel. I can't tolerate it so regrettably this won't be a buy for me :( but if you like bergamot and a creamy, coconutty, exotic scent then you will probably like this a lot.

SnapDragonStyle
SnapDragonStyle

I want to live the life that this fragrance makes me feel like I'm living when I wear it...which is to say that of a wealthy aristocratic socialite sunning on yachts and exclusive beaches. To me this smells like sun-warmed skin that has been layered with expensive tanning oil and a lovely solar floral perfume. I find it to be well-blended and it really does remind one of a tropical vacation, but in a sophisticated way (not like a B&BW kind of tropical.)

This was actually a blind buy for me. I had never smelled any of the previous iterations of this perfume, but I took the chance based on reviews and I am very happy I did. It does seem to fade rather quickly and requires reapplication, but I think with a summer fragrance that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I feel it is priced accordingly. I am tempted to buy another bottle because I love it that much. I will probably buy the coordinating body cream first, but the limited edition nature of this makes me panicky. ;)

Overall I'd give this fragrance 8/10, with the main "negative" being its lack of staying power. I feel this is a safe blind buy because it could appeal to many different fragrance audiences, from gourmand to floral. I will buy again!

anneliise.zissler
anneliise.zissler

I haven't smell the previous versions of this, but 2015 version smells for me like gingerbread!?

Pixie1104
Pixie1104

I wish this wasn't so darn popoular as I absolutely adore it but hate smelling like everyone else.

Even so, I will happily douse myself with this daily as I'm hopelessly addicted to it's citrusy, floral, coconutty aroma and if I could bathe in it I would!

I like to layer with the body crème first (which is a gorgeous texture by the way) then spritz liberally with the skin scent and enjoy the instant transportation to being on holiday :)

This is just THE perfect summer scent - end of.

Dafja
Dafja

Well let me tell you what this perfume is all about.

This smell dominates with terra flower gardenia and a citrus blend but the citrus blend disappears right after 5 minutes.

It will remind you slightly of a tanning lotion, you know when you put your tanning lotion on at the first smear it smells nice, well that's what this smell reminds me of.

The fresh start of a tanning lotion right when youve put it on. But not like a tanning lotion when it sets. See there is a difference of a tanning lotion when it is still wet and dry. The smell is not like a tanning lotion when it is dry. So keep that in mind.

The staying power, well i tried it out today in the shop. But when i came home after 1,5 hour later.. the smell was gone!! So i would say if you are looking for a long lasting perfume than i will totally say skip this one.

SidoniaVonBorck
SidoniaVonBorck

As a fan of tiare+coconut, i had to buy it. However addition of "lemon" makes it smell like a sunlotion. On my skin it's mellow and milky, mostly coconut and bergamot with faint tiare in background. In big amounts this scent makes me nauseous.

Tinkerbell13
Tinkerbell13

I ordered the Skinscent last night after buying the oil a few weeks ago- I kept putting it on as a fragrance because I loved the smell so much! I'm hoping it's quite close in smell to the oil which -in reply to Shoppingmedia - isn't too glittery at all, you have to look for the shimmer, but when you catch the light it's like a tiny gold fleck on your skin, very subtle, which I love.
I'll reserve comment on the Eau Fraiche until I actually start wearing it. My usual taste in perfume is something that has good silage like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille ( my signature scent) or TF Black Orchid, but as this is such a large bottle I guess the aim is to spray more area and hopefully have a waft of fragrance around you. Coconut isn't normally my first port of call for smells but this smells like an exotic holiday in a bottle! (Well the oil does anyway).

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

During the summer months, I like to spray BRONZE GODESS all over my body immediately after a steamy shower. This frag relaxes me tremendously and actually fools me momentarily into believing I am a godess . . .who just emerged from a warm coconut milk bath, to be met by ladies in waiting who adorn my long hair with jasmine flowers and orange blossoms as I recline in my chaise lounge whilst drinking a cool tall glass of water with slices of lemons and oranges. Yes...this scent is that relaxing and transformative for me. It makes me feel really good, very "summer goddess" like. I tend to spray this very liberally so I can enjoy the scent all day.

So disappointed with this years BG version...where is the coconut?? The citrus is way too dominating.

Lauren Da
Lauren Da

Everyone (including me) loves this fragrance and everyone I mean.. actually everyone has it! And maybe that's the drawback with this one. When a perfume becomes too popular( the same is happening with la vie es belle) then it loses its special character... Also all brands follow this example and similar scents are practically everywhere. I do not feel special wearing it anymore, despite my initial crush on it. I now embraced victoria's secret very sexy now 2014 which I think is in the same category but kind of special and a more exciting shade of coconut.

sail0rmars
sail0rmars

What an uplifting scent! Really gorgeous, one spray and you travel to a tropical island with beautiful beaches, exotic trees, tropical fruit.. Its so nice I can't stop sniffing! I don't know about the previous editions, but I absolutely enjoy this one. A very happy scent! It immediately makes you think of holidays, and that's how I want to smell for spring and summer. I suggest also for romantic dates, as it's gorgeous and it stays close to skin.

Musume
Musume

EL Bronze Goddess doesn't bring to my mind beaches or coconut, it brings vintage lipstick and crayons! I imagine Lauren Bacall wearing this, it's really a beautiful composition, full of retro images and childhood memories. I don't know what ingredient is the responsible of the crayon smell but I'm enjoying it very much, actually I think it has become my ultimate lipstick fragance, so chic.

mudpach
mudpach

I tried this in the official Estee Lauder shop and yes, this is the Bronze Goddess 2008!

fragrantlove
fragrantlove

Simple, warm, affordable, non-synthetic-smelling coconut-sugar scent, sits close to the skin with moderate longevity. Worth the buy if your skin accents fruity and sugary perfumes well. Mine doesn't. "Like" from me!

StavrouliMitsi
StavrouliMitsi

On the top 3 summer perfumes of all times.
As in every past year, in 2015 Estee launched the annual version of our Goddess, which is kind of similar to the previous ones (I don't think that it is a secret or something negative, Estee parfumists make one each spring, each time playing with somehow the same notes, but making it slightly different each year).
I like this, unfortunatelly it is not a perfume that's made for any other season but summer, and that is the reason why I find it exaggereting for someone to buy Bronze Goddess before having finished the previous year's bottle.
Nice orenge notes this year, although personally I am not that much of an orange type, but it is very good and long lasting!

kerion
kerion

This is my first time with this fragrance. I am in love with it. Very warm, exotic and long lasting. I detect mostly white floral with Sandalwood and Coconut. It is for sure the best beach scent I have tried. Smells like an expensive tanning oil. The shimmering body oil is nice as well and not much shimmer which I like because I can wear it to work. I passed on the body cream, just didn't smell the same as the other two to me when I smelled it in the store. I plan to buy another bottle of both before it's gone.

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Butterbean is so correct. I called last year and this year to HQ of ELauder in New York and yep same scent as last years. If it had changed do you not think they would have a huge marketing campaign for it like in 2010( or11 can't recall). It's the same scent people different package.

chance25
chance25

I agree with papergurl. I thought the '14 version had a sharp heaviness to it that even though brilliant for summer didn't agree with my nose. This years version is softer yet still has the same qualities, but relies on your body heat to make it bloom. That aspect alone made me buy it right away.

It's early spring, but feels like summer where I live so I can attest to it's beauty in the heat. It's SEXY and warm, everyday's a beach day sort of scent. I don't like Bobbi Brown Beach, it's fleeting and smells too much like Coppertone. I may seek out Terracotta Le Parfum a bit later if it's not sold out. Either way I'm 100% happy with smelling like 2015 Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche.

butterbean
butterbean

2015 is IDENTICAL to 2014 which is IDENTICAL to 2013.

Side by Side comparison at the EL Counter with my bottle of 2013, 2014 and the 2015. They are IDENTICAL in scent. There is a very very small subtle difference in 2013 and 2015. Which is that 2013 is stronger, lasts longer and the sandalwood note is a teeny bit more noticeable. But fairly identical. Some could not tell a difference in them.

Not to mention the EL manager confirms yet again, the scents are supposed to be identical and have been since inception. There might be very small changes but the aim is the exact same scent. Not only did I think they are the same, all the people and SA's who had a sniff fest with me also felt they are the same.

I did not have a 2011, 2010 or any earlier bottles to also test. But EL states they are the SAME scent.

The following info is from the EL Website on Bronze Goddess (verbatim per I screenshot each one, each year):

2015:
"The fragrance that worships every inch of you.
The original, alluring Eau Fraîche you know and love—back for another Spring/Summer season.

A sensuous, sun-drenched blend of Bergamot, warm Amber, Tiare Flower and Vanilla combined with delicious creamy Coconut.

All heat. All desire. All woman.

Sensuous Notes:
Amber, Coconut Milk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Myrrh

Warm Notes:
Juicy Mandarin, Sicilian Bergamont, Lemon, Pulpy Orange

Radiant Notes:
Tiare Flower, Jasmine, Magnolia Petals, Orange Flower Buds, Lavender"

2014:
"Product Details:
The fragrance that worships every inch of you.

The original, alluring Eau Fraîche you know and love-back for another Spring/Summer season.

All heat. All desire. All woman.

Fragrance Type:
Solar Floral
Reminiscent of a sun-drenched beach, this exotic scent has a creamy heart of golden Amber that emanates pure Summer.

The Sensuous Heat of the Sun

Category:
Warm

Feeling:
All heat. All desire.

The fragrance that worships every inch of you."

2013:
"Bronze Goddess:
The fragrance that worships every inch of you.

Top Notes:

Sandalwood
Vetiver
Caramel
Coconut Cream

This scent is: BEACH, TROPICAL, SUN, SOFT, CREAMY COCONUT, LIGHTLY FLORAL."

papergurl
papergurl

I liked this, I believe it will "bloom" more in warmer weather. I ended up buying the bottle after testing on my skin and walking around and then revisiting. I don't smell the coconut, but it is warm, smooth, and well blended. The 2014 got returned. It has such a sharpnes to it, in my opinion. I know it was popular, but not for me. This one is warm and wearable with no edges. BG is a summer jasmine, orange blossom summer glow of a scent. Lasting power is several hours. The fragrance rep at Macy's and I could both pull the orange blossom, amber and jasmine. There was slight coconut, but mainly not.I may add another coconut lotion or body spray underneath to see what happens when the weather gets warm. I would wear this to work in the summer, lightly applied, as I would Senuous Amber. I would not wear the 2014 or 2013 though.Hoping the snow melts soon...ready for Spring!

beachesnbreezes
beachesnbreezes

I have this on order but have tested it and I think this is the best version I have smelled.The longevity is awesome on me.This smells like vintage suntan lotion and is very creamy and warm.The coconut milk notes and amber dominate on my skin.There is a nice sweet orange note in this that I love.I get a lot of orange blossom and tiare flower in this as well.This is a solar floral.I think of warm sun,hot summer night and soft tropical blooms floating on the breeze.The bottle is very summery and island like.Perfect beach scent to add to your beachy fragrance collection.This wears like an edt on me!Love this

shoppingmedia
shoppingmedia

Just received this in the mail. I am so disappointed! The scent seems much weaker and diluted as compaired to previous years. I've compared it to Capri, BG Body Oil, BG 2013 and compared to these I can hardly smell BG 2015 at all. I've been waiting a year for this as I only have a few drops left from my previous BG versions and my local stores were sold out of the 2014 version last spring. ARGH! BG is my favorite perfume and I've never found anything comparable to it. I guess this is why you should always try in person before ordering online. SOOOOoooo bummed.

Edit 1 week after receiving BG. Well it does smell similar but as a new commentor noted there is definitely a decrease in the sandalwood note. I don't feel like the longevity is nearly as strong as other years. It feels like a diluted version, weaker sillage and longevity. Still the best fragrance on the market and I'll continue to wear year round. Just wished it was stronger!

Has anyone tried the Body Oil Shimmer this year? is it super shimmery/glitter? I might pick up a bottle but will skip if it is shimmer.