Designers » D E » « Groups

Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade Etat Libre d`Orange for women and men

Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade Etat Libre d`Orange for women and men
dislike

Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d`Orange is a fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Quentin Bisch. The fragrance features labdanum.

Labdanum

Panorama

Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade Fragrance Reviews

BloomPerfume
BloomPerfume

ELdO only lists one material for this new perfume: cistus (aka labdanum, aka rockrose) resin.
It's a woody leathery composition, with a sharp piquant nuance and every shade you can expect from labdanum: from honeyed malty sweet to coniferous fresh. Beautiful.

Q80
Q80

This is never a single note of labdanum! Spice dusty woody blend.

Nutmeg, saffron, black peppers, in a hard fresh wood basket, & a slightly burnt incense within the basket smoking out and worming the spices. I can sense some chilies as well mixed with black peppers.

Dry spices with dust effect to be specific. I have smelled this fragrance once in nov 2016 but it was way different than this one, i believe the cover that i've sniffed doesn't belong to "Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade", it belongs to "Je suis un homme".

harperhilton
harperhilton

very similar to donna karan's labdanum. if you own that, you do not need this.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A woody aromatic fragrance with predominantly smoky incense leading to a balsamic background. My nose is not good enough to identify all the notes but believe they include Olibanum, Elemi, Iso-E Super, Ambroxan, Vanilla and Labdanum.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This is straight up dark, tangy labdanum and dry, churchy incense. Nothing more. Puzzlingly clean, safe and boring.

I would have thought ETLDO would have been a bit more adventurous considering the infamous Marquis de Sade is the inspiration for the scent. Something pungently animalic and carnal, voluptuous and booze-soaked maybe...but no, this is just labdanum and a very sanitized, paired down version at that, with little of the rougher, more medicinal, leathery aspects of pure labdanum oil.

It's pleasant and wearable, but uninspiring, simplistic and linear. It's like the base for Tom Ford's "Sahara Noir" but stripped of all its operatic spice and sweetness, just the smoke and resin remain. I can think of several earlier releases from this house that represent the Marquis de Sade's salacious appetite better than this; "Rien" could be one of them, perhaps the "Afternoon of Faun", or "Eloge du Traitre".

I really think this house has lost its mojo to be honest. Nothing they've released in the last 2 years has been remotely inspiring, unique or subversive to me. Perhaps they feel they don't have to bother anymore? Or maybe they just weren't selling enough and had to take a more mainstream, by-the-numbers approach?

Anyway, if it's a wearable incense fragrance you're after, you could definitely do worse, but if what you seek is a daring, dark, seductive ode to the Marquis, I'd recommend Histoires des Parfums version.

stephan
stephan

I think this is exquisite. Incense, but not the harsh kind. Dry down is lovely and longevity is excellent. I need a full bottle.

claudia0219
claudia0219

Resinous incense on me, quite enjoyable, its airy, not heavy at all.

Calvini
Calvini

It's actually heavy olibanum instead of labdanum; almost all (churchy) incense at first with amber slowly creeping up, feels hollow but nice

beavisbonce

Tom Ford Sahara noir for the first three hours but then does its own thing and goes medicinal rather than creamy sandalwood. It's an uplifting experience as its pungent to start with and clears your sinuses like smelling salts. I was almost scared at first thinking where the hell does one wear this kind of scent but now I'm convinced it could work anywhere that an incense fragrance could be worn. It will sit nicely with my ELDO collection. Lasts a long time although it doesn't shout its presence but rises and falls nicely throughout the day. Could get a bit weary if it was in your face all day so yes, well done Mr Bisch.

hellovascent
hellovascent

I've just received my samples from Etat Libre d'Orange direct and must say I love this scent.

It actually smells like Cistus Rose, especially in the drydown.

The idea of opening with Labdanum, which is the resinoid extracted from the Cistus Rose, appeals very much to me.

On me "Attaquer le Soleil" develops into a very well wearable scent, which I like better than "Hermann", and it shows distinct opening, middle and drydown phases.

There are many of Etat Libre d'Oranges scents I like, and this definitely is one more of them.

P. S.: I paid for the samples

meama
meama

a light labdanum with a sour incense in opening, a short moment of balsamic plum but everything stay in the skin scent domain...nothing special as for Remarkable People and Hermann a mes cotés...quiet a deception...there is almost no way to differentiate them.

dguilbert75
dguilbert75

Nothing special to mention here. It's a nice resinous scent. That could easily be a perfume from l'occitane. It remains like this with no special twist, gentle and harmless. Not what I expect from état libre d'orange. Wearing fat electrician as I write this and I admire how it walks on the line between beautiful and disturbing but always manages to be beautiful. Nothing like this with Marquis de Sade

beavisbonce

Ordered direct from the manufacturer today and hopefully I'll be back soon with a review.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etat Libre d`Orange Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etat Libre d`Orange Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d`Orange. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Attaquer le Soleil Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d`Orange represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay