Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Sandalo Etro for women and men

Sandalo Etro for women and men
dislike

Sandalo Etro for women and men Pictures Sandalo Etro for women and men Pictures Sandalo Etro for women and men Pictures Sandalo Etro for women and men Pictures Sandalo Etro for women and men Pictures Sandalo Etro for women and men Pictures

Sandalo by Etro is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Sandalo was launched in 1989. Top notes are rose, lemon and bitter orange; middle notes are sandalwood, geranium and rose; base notes are amber, musk, patchouli, cypress and vanilla.

Rose Lemon Bitter Orange

Sandalwood Geranium Rose

Amber Musk Patchouli Cypress Vanilla

Sandalo
Sandalwood Eau de Toilette

Sandalo Fragrance Reviews

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

This is a wonderful fragrance. I was quite impressed with this offering;. I was not at all looking to buy, however, after taking a sniff of this stuff I had to buy. The drydown is that of powdery and sandalwood; (very similar to Sandalwood by The Art of Shaving) very soft, yet, masculine. You have got to try this. This is a very long lasting fragrance....all day. My wife loved this! This fragrance is very mild, not at all aggressive, however, it does give its 75 cents though.

Update; Etro Sandalo is the non-aggressive version of Amouage Epic. Epic is great and long-lasting with a bit more sillage, whereas Etro's Sandalo snuggles next to you!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

MY bottle is an edc. Smells like a milky Sandalwood with insense . It is way stronger than expected for an Eau de cologne. I find it unisex and not feminine enough...so I don't want to keep it.... I would have loved Etro Esse de Minuit instead .... Pm me if you want it.

cytherian
cytherian

Interesting to see such an array of reviews here... everything from simple to complex, light to heavy, soft/soapy to strong incense. I have to wonder if there have been changes to the formulation over time. I bought the older gold cap version.

In short, this is a very nice moderately light wearing sandalwood based fragrance. The patchouli isn't harsh or dirty (unless my nose is biased!). A bit linear, not evolving much over time. It's a little spicy with incense, and a touch powdery, but it's so easy going. Alas, it's also a bit fleeting. I've found longevity to be below average. But that's OK. Not every fragrance needs to be a bomb that lasts for over half a day.

There is a certain "Etro vibe" to this, akin to other fragrances like Shaal Nur and Ambra. It's a finely blended fragrance using quality ingredients. Etro bottles are terrific too (smallest feeling 100ml bottles I've seen yet).

Etro isn't talked about much around here, but it's a remarkably good brand. Rather overpriced in retail stores, but easy to find discounted on-line. And a wide range of fragrances that are sure to please.

Rating: 7.9/10

evacecilias
evacecilias

Had a sample kit two years ago, but unfortunately this one was the only one
missing. I got it in a friendly swap recently and now second time trying it.

It starts a bit harsh, dry , raw and reminded me of Tom Ford Sahara noir.,but less potent. This develops pretty fast into a sandal, patch and amber combo, sort of skinscent like.

Love all notes so , yes could be fullbottle worthy for me.
When settled it gets powdery subtle and lovely on my skin !

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

If you like soft,subtle slightly woody,and earthy scents then you will be in heaven. For myself I need a little more bang. The opening is full of light citrus notes and amber before the patch and wood kicks in. Well not really kicking but tip toes in. Very low sillage and about 3-4 hours of longevity. I can see more women liking this than men.

osiris5
osiris5

To make a good perfume with the specific note of sandalwood is not easy.
I love sandalwood. It reminds me of my youth when we had sandalwood paper booklets to perfume the clothing in the dresser. So i know natural sandalwood. To put it in a perfume equals great art and alchemy.
Sandal has from its nature a dry balmy scent that changes into a sweet note.
With all the respect for this house , this is to much.
Yes it has a sandal note but it is to strong and synthetic.
I agree with the previous reviewer; the patchouli is very prominent and gives that synthetic aromatic note and destroys the balance of the sandal note.

Lana148
Lana148

Sandalo is an oriental fragrance with sandalwood being a partial player, but not a dominant component. I can smell everything here - rose, citrus, amber, patchouli and then sandalwood.

This potion is a bit murky for my liking. It is heavy balsamic with dirty patchouli - the kind of fragrance that gives me headache.

antfarm
antfarm

Wow, this is a seriously potent sandalwood fragrance. It is sandalwood, sandalwood, and another dose of sandalwood.

It is like Padparadscha Eau de Parfum by Satellite, only on steroids. I can smell it from two feet away from my arm, where I only put a tiny dab. It is a rich, greasy, almost animalic sandalwood.

It's not my kind of thing, but for sandalwood lovers, this is probably very satisfying.

Colettekn
Colettekn

This is to me without doubt the scent of pure Mysore sandalwood, I bought prayer beads in India from the government tourist store in Delhi ...carved from Mysore sandalwood, there is no mistaking the deep, sweet beautiful scent and this is the only fragrance that I've recognised it in, one of the most beautiful fragrances on earth.

loesje234
loesje234

It smells exactly like my favorite incense, sandalwood! Delicious, soft, fresh powdery. A little bit lineair, but still good.

delphine67
delphine67

smelled like church insence to me, wich I dislike so this is not a scent for me

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Given the name, I was expecting sandalwood, but this is more of a light, slightly soapy, patchouli-vanilla scent. After a few minutes it becomes drier and more transparent, like a thin veil of woody vanilla musk. Yes, there’s a tinge of sandalwood in it, but it’s in the form of dry soap, not a warm wood. I don’t know the concentration of my sample, but I’m guessing it’s an EdT since its never very powerful and only lasts a few hours. It’s a nice, light, conservative, wearable fragrance, but there are other sandalwood compositions that I prefer.

calyx93
calyx93

The dry, delicate and light scent of sandalwood - not the creamy kind - this is more seasoned and arid. It can go on with a slight "pickle" tanginess too - rather like well-seasoned wood. Not terribly complex in its development - rather linear in that regard, but it's very nice and discrete by itself or it can be layered with other fragrances to add a definite sandalwood base - albeit a rather expensive one. It won't blow your socks off if you're after a "holy grail" sandawlood fragrance and it's only reminiscent of Mysore sandalwood. However, IMO it's better than many out there with its own particular representation of certain sandalwood facets.

BTW - if you can find the discontinued Les Senteurs' Bois Précieux by Molinard, it's very similar and very affordable. I've found Bois Précieux for around $30-40 USD on various sites - mainly testers. It lacks the more refined drydown of the Etro product, but delivers a comparable sandalwood note.

eid-althani
eid-althani

smelles just like sandalwood nothing else

Scent_Guy
Scent_Guy

Opens with a most subtle Citrus, Floral accord that is neither heavy nor intrusive, but is indeed a most positive insight for what is to follow. Transitions into the heart smoothly with notes of light woods which seamlessly lead to the long, and most welcomed drydown, which contain accords of incense, and a hint of sweetness. Never cloying, but notes of a subtly sweet Sandalwood are apparent throughout the whole progression of this fragrance. Very well composed fragrance, and deserves a big thumbs up.A pleasure to wear.

Mogie
Mogie

This is a beautiful scent, but if you're looking for Sandalwood I suggest you try The Art of Shaving Sandalwood. I have this cologne, but definitely wear it on days I'm looking for something unique, mysterious and clean...not Sandalwood.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Etro Sandalo is not complicated and heavy. It's delicate like a wood landscape paintend pastels. Sweetly, easily and drily tree sandalwood. Cedar, musk and ambergris be placed in background and they add composition of warm humidity and sharp green notes. Integrity is quiet, nice, neither too cream, neither too sweet as in other perfume with notes of sandalwood. I feel a bit of whisky theses. Composition could indicate, that there is smell for men. However, I use willfully it, because it is subtle, natural. It are helped to concentrate me. Bewitches me its naturalness and simplicity. It does not smell as perfume. It smells as quiet afternoon. I felt as if I rested in shadow of exotic tree. Simple, easy, but very curious smell. It is possible say about it : wood -oriental simplicity noble.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etro Sandalo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etro Sandalo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sandalo by Etro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sandalo by Etro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.