Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Furiosa Fendi for women

Furiosa Fendi for women
dislike

Furiosa Fendi for women Pictures Furiosa Fendi for women Pictures Furiosa Fendi for women Pictures Furiosa Fendi for women Pictures

Fendi launches a new women's fragrance called Furiosa, which means "furious" and "feisty" in Italian. The perfume comes out on the market in September 2014, done under the umbrella of LMVH company, and its launch is supposed to strengthen the position and identity of the Fendi brand when it comes to perfumery. Furiosa is announced with the slogan: "The Essence of Wild Femininity."

The composition was developed by perfumer Francois Demachy. Accords that are contained include Calabrian bergamot in the top, wallflower (violaciocca) at the heart and amber in the base.

The bottle and packaging are created by jewelry designer Delfina Delettrez, who is in the fourth generation of family Fendi.

The face of the perfume is model Kasia Smutniak.

Calabrian bergamot Pink Pepper

Wallflower Jasmine Gardenia

Amber Incense Guaiac Wood

Furiosa Fragrance Reviews

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

Very nice amber with florals and pine notes. It's a sweetish pine scent, which is very beautiful and feminine, yet fresh and unique. Furiosa is definitely a good name for this fragrance.

shushkin
shushkin

Mmm an interesting fragrance. I'm not always good with white florals but this works. The amber and spicey fresh wallflower notes warm up and soften the white flowers. I like the sweet zing of the lime which lightens everything. I can't say I find it a particularly harsh or angry fragrance and not sure where the oud is. The drydown is a deal breaker for me. Its just flat and too masculine.
Moderate longevity and sillage on me.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This one came and went so quickly I didn't even notice it on the market! I don't understand Fendi and their approach to marketing and maintaining their perfumes for sale. Everything just gets discontinued which is exasperatingly frustrating. This one is quite different from some of my other Fendi's. It is a spicy lime scent with floral notes.

camden-girl
camden-girl

My hubby said bottle looks like a hand grenade in the advert as the actress throws it down in anger I had to agree he was on to something then when you concider it's name is furious it would make sense a bit lol :) I love Fendi theorema . I'd love to try this one day !!!

e9rul7
e9rul7

Absolutely in love with this beauty. I highly recommend it mainly for office use but of course, it is perfect for evening and romantic wear as well. I find it to be extremely versatile and sexy! Give it a chance ;)

Marco<3
Marco<3

Che splendore!
Un Fendi squisito, sublime.
Come fragranza la trovo dolce, soave; forse il nome è dettato dal fatto che è molto persistente addosso.
Peccato sia fuori produzione, come anche Fan di Fendi e molti altri must della casa.

hagertygal
hagertygal

Poor Fendi. I have no idea why they even make perfumes, when they devote ZERO time to marketing them??? Furiosa barely had time to collect dust on the shelves before it got axed.

Furiosa was a poor name choice for this gentle fragrance, but it WAS GOOD!

I love the dose of lime, which lingers, mixing with the amber and gardenia. Longevity and silage are excellent!!!

I was happily able to score some large 3.3 ounce bottles for under 40 bucks each.....and I scooped up TEN of them!

(It was on eBay.....sadly, they are all gone at that price.)

ticalica
ticalica

Absolutely in love with this scent because every time I sniff it, I am reminded of the interesting facets this scent has. It kind of resembles the smell of pencil sharpenings but in a sweeter more floral manner. It is unique in its own persona and needs confidence to be pulled off with élan

deda147
deda147

I bought Furiosa mainly because Luca Turin's review piqued my interest. I thought, why not; this one might become a collector's item since it has been in production for only one year and all Fendi fragrances are discontinued, and the note pyramid seemed quite good.

The first time I smelled it, my first thought was - oh no. It features the same opening as many of its contemporaries: Fruity, bright pink pepper, underlined by the citrusy character of bergamot. I'm not a real fan of the opening since it's quite powerful and fruity notes don't always enamor me.
The opening persists for about 15 minutes and then the florals start to show up. Gardenia takes the main stage, showing off with her radiance and slight creaminess; at the same time, the jasmine and stock act as background singers; jasmine providing the sweetness and the stock casts a slight, spicy veil over the composition.
The gardenia starts to mellow out , retaining it's creamy facet, and melts together with the jasmine and stock. Amber appears and gives the composition it's warm, plushy character. Guaiac wood provides a woody tinge and I can also detect a slight whisper of incense.
The drydown is creamy amber, lightly spiced and complemented with some powder. I can still smell the gardenia/jasmine every now and then, though.

Sillage is huge in the beginning and is quite powerful during Furiosa's development. It's longevity is also great. The whole composition seemed vaguely similar to something I had smelled before, and as two reviewers aforementioned, Furiosa has some connection to Black Orchid, or rather it's flanker - Voile de Fleur. Furiosa is Voile de Fleur's sister; they're pretty much alike in composition, being both luminous compositions, except Furiosa is a bit more one-dimensional: it misses the brightness of the ylang ylang/cassis and the sweetness of the plum. However, Furiosa consists of VdF best aspects; it's just a sepia, amber tinged version of the latter.

All in all, Furiosa is nothing ground-breaking, but it is very pretty and very well balanced. It is lush and elegant. Even though the florals and amber are quite sweet, it isn't toothachingly so. It would have benefited from a bit more guaiac wood and incense, though.

Regarding Luca Turin's comment on Furiosa being a plushy masculine; I think most men would still find it too feminine in the opening and middle stages. However, the drydown is firmly unisex.
Is it worth buying against huge prices, simply because of it's discontinuation? To be honest, I'd say no, but I like it *a lot* better than most recent launches. I'm sad to see it disappear of the shelves so fast. So if you're into white floral centred perfumes with a warm, woody background, I'd say, give Furiosa a try.

tanya.love700
tanya.love700

I know some people dont dig this scent, but I really love this perfume for whatever reason. Its just so unusual. Great for fall time.

Eugirlsniffs
Eugirlsniffs

I like this flowery scent but to me it's not furious enough. It's one of those everyday scents of today that I could never identify if I smelled it on somebody. Could be anything from any of the newer 'in' designers. Smells really nice but I need something a lot memorable. I'll pass on this.

walking44
walking44

I recall this smelling REALLY good

GiareDiLuce
GiareDiLuce

Furious, the name is quite deceiving: if you're thinking of a strong, dark, sharp perfume, well this is not the case.
On the contrary, this fragrance is as luminous as its bottle suggest: it is warm, somehow sweet, but not in an ordinary way, the flowers are not overpowering and it is very balanced.
It gives me the idea of a woman that is strong and independent and sweet and caring at the same time. A wife and a lover. Interesting, you have to smell it.

Furiosa, un nome che non descrive la fragranza: se pensate ad un profumo forte, cupo, pungente, beh non è questo il caso.
Al contrario, questa fragranza è luminosa come la sua boccetta suggerisce: è calda, dolce, ma non in modo stucchevole e banale, è floreale ma non invadente ed è ben bilanciato.
Mi dà l'idea di una donna forte ed indipendente, ma al tempo stesso dolce e affettuosa. Una moglie e amante. Interessante, da annusare.

This is a "furiosa" with a trendy style and some fear of trying too hard. She wants to give the idea but then refrain. It would not be feminine!
So this Furiosa is a new example of trendy perfume in the synthetical chemical era of perfume.
Oriental-floral should be my cup, but this one is just pleasant. It's something I could easily wear but not love.
It vaguely smells like Dior Addict, but less somptuous.
I hoped for a more radiant gardenia, but it's not.
A good perfume, but not for me.

nonnative
nonnative

I don't like this perfume. Nothing to do with the name "furiosa" that reminds something wild, original, strong, and . The scent is similar to too many others.Very commercial, too sweet and not original at all. And not wild! I think this is another pink sweet parfume with a very fruity drydown. We didn't need another parfume like that! I'm disappointed by fendi that created such a masterpiece like FENDI ORIGINAL.

mikettan
mikettan

Mi piace tanto questo profumo. Somiglia a Giò di Giorgio Armani.

I love it. It is like a Giò of Giorgio Armani.

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

Thank you, snowtree, for the Luca Turin review! Very funny.
I am curious about the perfume, seems lovely reading the description.
Maybe the home sweet home perfume for me and my quiet, philosophical cat.

snowtree
snowtree

LUCA TURIN:
A fragrance called Furiosa and described as “The Essence of Wild Femininity“ conjures up images of furrowed brows, flashing eyes, and slamming doors, definitely not something for the pipe-and-slippers bliss to which I—and, I suspect, most men after two weeks spent with a furiosa—aspire. The fragrance is a bit of a letdown from those stormy expectations: a sunny, deliciously plush spicy-powdery confection lying somewhere between Caron’s Parfum Sacré [1990] and Rochas’ Tocade [1994], but without the fruity intensity of the former or the metallic sheen of the latter. My reference to nineties perfumes is meant to be flattering: François Demachy invariably manages, in the face of every regulatory and budgetary constraint, to compose perfumes that feel comfortable from topnote to drydown, a feat so rare these days that one is inclined to just be thankful and say no more.

But wait: one further thought occurs to me as I puff on my pipe and look into the eyes of my faithful golden retriever. It seems to me that this fragrance would make a perfect serene, pillowy masculine in the manner of Guy Robert’s original Amouage Gold Man [1983] or Penhaligon’s Hammam Bouquet [1872]. And what’s more: the superb reticulated bottle requires no embarrassing explanations. Done deal, then: “The Essence of Tame Masculinity."
THREE STARS

Upon smelling Furiosa for the first time, it reminded me very much of Dior Addict!!!only difference it is more floral in the heart, and whereas Addict keeps being quite intense , Furiosa softens more...
It is a warm spicy scent , with depth., and flowers in the background..I find it interesting, well done, this is a mature scent, more wintery also, I like that it remains feminine, and the drydown is softer, ..it has a classy vibe, and it opens up nicely!!! I like the overall stylsih vibe of this perfume, classy, but not oldish.
Glad to have it in my collection!!

auroramaria

When I first tested Furiosa I had the feeling that it smelled so familiar but couldn't nail it.
Today I wore my sample and it came to me,Furiosa smells a lot like Black Orchid only lighter.
So if you like BO but find it a bit too harsh you could try this new Fendi offering plus it's very feminine and longevity is really good

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Furiosa..??? Ma dove e perché? Anzi è un'ambra molto delicata, fiorita, dolcelegnosa. Profumo molto gradevole, anche se non originale. Fresco. Rinforzato dal proprio latte corpo acquista più forza. Sillage moderato. Fornisce un senso di benessere, carino.
Come si suol dire, like not love.

auroramaria

I tested. Furiosa today and i have to say i am really impressed! It is a warm floral very deep and well crafted,i smell lots of gardenia a bit of pepper and lovely warm amber it is very elegan and sensual. I really love it! Longevity is very good it lasted 6.hours on me plus the bottle is amazing!

melia
melia

Instead of commenting on the bottle, I'd like to comment on the fragrance that I've smelled yesterday. It's definitely a modern oriental floral one - sweet and soft, opening a bit fruity but drying down into something warm while passing some whispering flowers. I wouldn't call it a very loud perfume, even though the staying power and projection are quite good. The name for it I wouldn't have picked myself and frightens me unnecessarily... I wouldn't want to be, nor smell, furious. Nonetheless it smelled like something that fits my character and taste perfectly, but maybe only because it reminded me so much of my favourite TF Black Orchid...

reborn
reborn

the bottle looks like a turtle ;-))))))))))))))))))

jovejove
jovejove

The essence of wild femininity; of course the opening note is bitter. Hahaha, I'm just kidding. I had to say it. Sometimes the ad campaigns try too hard!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fendi Furiosa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fendi Furiosa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Furiosa by Fendi. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Furiosa by Fendi represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.