Designers » F-H » Citrus Gourmand « Groups

Sugar Fresh for women and men

caramel

Sugar by Fresh is a Citrus Gourmand fragrance for women and men. Sugar was launched in 2004. Top notes are bergamot and orange; middle notes are white lily and heliotrope; base notes are caramel and vanilla.

Bergamot Orange

White Lily Heliotrope

Caramel Vanilla

Sugar Fragrance Reviews

pinktojen
pinktojen

This scent always makes me happy. The citrus is zesty, the vanilla is sweet and light but also a tiny bit boozy. There's a hint of ginger. It's not super sweet which is awesome because so often the sweet perfumes are cloying and thick. This is light and sparkling, like a nice glass of dry sweet chilled champaign, or like the first bite of a great key lime tart- - a little surprised at the tart citrus and then your moth waters and it is satisfied with creamy light sweetness. I'm wearing it over the brown sugar shower gel right now and it's delightful.
Sometimes we don't need niche fanciness and complexity, just something simple and to the point is nice and comforting.

kbot
kbot

I find this perfume to be very feminine, soft and sweet, and have a hard time imagining it on a man--although I bet he would smell delicious! I definitely get the overly-lemony complaint that some people have about the opening, and I almost scrubbed it off for that reason, but after the first 15 minutes or so, it has settled into a beautiful sugar-vanilla-lemon-floral combination that I was pleasantly surprised to like, as some vanillas are overwhelming for me. This one sits very close to my skin and does not make me feel like a giant cookie, so I count that as a success. :)

ms.serenity
ms.serenity

Honestly this stuff smells so good I wish I could be baptized in it. It's the right amount of zesty, sweet, and warmy goodness. My one complaint is that the scent doesn't last long enough (I WISH ONE SPRAY WOULD LAST FOREVER). Otherwise, I have no problems with this perfume. Good job Fresh!

melpomeni
melpomeni

The initial spray is very sharp and citrusy, pure sweet and lemon. Wait until it settles before judging because it is the middle accords that sells me on this fragrance. The caramel blends so well with the vanilla and the eventual drydown is so sweet and soft with barely any citrus remaining. Good for spring and summer!

june7rose
june7rose

Too lemony. I love Fresh products, but their perfumes leave a lot to be desired because they are sooo intensely sugary lemon.

stefaniezou
stefaniezou

I asked my DH to smell this and his immediate response was "sour lemon drops". I think he is pretty spot on. It's artificial, singular and sharp. After about 20 minutes or so you you can smell wafts of the vanilla, which is also very plastic and artificial. I love all FRESH skincare products but this was definitely a return for me!

Incenscia
Incenscia

The original Sugar is a palate-cleanser. After time spent sniffing other new and either exciting or off-putting, complex perfumes, Sugar is the scent to clear the head. The balance of sharp, fresh lemon peel and light sweetness is nothing more than the sum of it's parts - netiher too candy nor too sharp, neither gourmand nor industrial cleanser. Sugar is both refreshing and relaxing, uncomplicated and inoffensive. Sometimes simple is not just desired, but necessary; Sugar is just this and very welcome for it.

Dominic80
Dominic80

Excellent simple yet wonderfully refreshing summer's choice! In California, it's a great choice for a swimming pool day or a simple dinner date with friends! While sugary and powdery definitely, this has got that so very fresh lemon/lime citrusy accord so complimenting the so sweet notes with a pungent almost note of sour! I love it and couldn't live without a bottle at least of it, handy!!

teadrinker
teadrinker

This is a nice, fresh scent, and a very good choice for summer. The scent is a light lemony one, with just the slightest hint of sweetness. It's not nearly as sweet as I anticipated, and that's a really good thing. I'd call this a fresh, rather than a foody scent. The scent is subtle, but very beautiful.

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Have you ever gone to the fair and gotten a Lemon shakeup at a booth? Freshly squeezed lemons, sugar, water, and ice, all shaken together. On a hot August day it is heaven. Fresh Sugar smells exactly like that memory. On me it is sweet, sweet, sweet, with a lemon that is never sharp. I love it, my husband hates it and thinks it smells like furniture polish. I wear it anyway.

plohni
plohni

My favorite scent was KL now discontinued..it was quite spicy and for years I couldn't wear anything else. and then I smelled Sugar, and I just fell in love with it despite it's being completely different... it is very much a scent one can wear in the daytime without overwhelming people. s.I love wearing this but the scent seems to fade, maybe I just can't smell it on myself? I have had men tell me how wonderful I smell, even when I just use the Sugar soap...... but it is NOT to be confused with the other Sugar offshoots. I just like the "plain" SUGAR, not the others.

I can't seem to get enough of this lately. it's refreshing, clean and bright. oddly, I get more of a lemon note in this then fresh's sugar lemon. this one is very smooth and the citrus isn't overpowering. just a nice relaxing kind of scent. sillage and longevity is about average.

Délicieux
Délicieux

This is one I will always have in my collection because it's so yummy and delightfully easy to wear. I had a male friend tell me I smelled delicious and expensive. There are worse things, right? Many gourmand scents venture a bit too far into cupcake-land for my taste, but this is not the case with Sugar. The citrus and floral notes balance out the vanilla/caramel perfectly. So well blended and beautiful! I love almost anything by Fresh, but this one is truly to die for.

Lalaloopsy Crumbs Sugar Cookie Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Fresh Sugar Lemon 0.34 oz 10 mL Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Fresh Sugar Lemon 0.34 oz 10 mL Eau de Parfum Rollerball
ThePerfumeSpot.com
Eau De Toilette 5oz
CK IN2U by Calvin Klein, 5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women.
CK IN2U by Calvin Klein, 5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women.
Juliette Has a Gun MMMM hellip Travel Spray 0.25 oz 7.5 mL Eau de Parfum Spray
Fresh Sugar 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Fresh Sugar Lemon 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Fresh Sugar Lemon 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Cologne 1oz
Jo Malone Elderflower Gooseberry Perfume by Jo Malone, 1 oz Cologne Spray Unisex Unboxed for Women
Lancome 'Maison Lancome - Tubereuses Castane' Eau De Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fresh Sugar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fresh Sugar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sugar by Fresh. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sugar by Fresh represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.