Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women

Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women
dislike

Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Givenchy for women Pictures

Givenchy presented Dahlia Divin fragrance in September 2014. Dahlia Divin follows the line of Dahlia Noir started in 2011. The new version of the fragrance, Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette, is scheduled for September 2015.

Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette is announced as a sophisticated, multi-faceted scent that envelops you with sensual freshness and sweetness, as a Haute Couture gown. The composition begins with fruity accords of juicy blood orange and peach. A bouquet of jasmine and roses form the heart of the perfume, ending with the base of sandalwood, vanilla and musk.

It is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette in bottles of the same design as the original, only this time the liquid is in peach color. The face of the perfume is Alicia Keys.

Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette was created by Francois Demachy and Michel Almairac.

Blood Orange Peach Black Currant

Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Patchouli

Dahlia Divin Black Ball Limited Edition
Beauty

Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Cassiano
Cassiano

Dahlia Divin Eau de Parfum was launched in September 2014 and was created by François Demachy (Dior house). The inspiration was haute couture, as if each bottle of Dahlia Divin was a custom dress, illuminated by thousands of gold threads and gemstones involving the skin.
In May of 2015, Givenchy announced the launch of this lighter and fresher version, in Eau de Toilette concentration, which hit the market in September, exactly one year after the previous release.

This time, the details of the bottle do not reflect the brightness of the yellow gold, but of the rose gold. And the liquid also turned pink. Signing the fragrance, once again we have François Demachy, who had the collaboration of another master in the area: Michel Almairac.

In the composition of the fragrance, were used notes of blood orange and peach of the vineyards, opening the way to a floral heart of jasmine and rose, on a base of sandalwood, musk and a touch of vanilla. They say it's a floral-fruity scent. I'd rather say it's a fruity with floral touches. It may look like the same thing, but from the perspective that the fruity side stands out much more than the floral one (which shows some nuances during evolution but does not exceed the fruity aspect), then the difference is clear.

Dahlia Divin EDT is a juicy blast on the skin thanks to the blood orange. Its juice is known to be sweeter than citric, although it maintains its sour content. In perfumery, it may result in nuances reminiscent of the smell of raspberries. The peach note (produced in laboratory) is not very evident, but is famous for being used on florals, giving a velvety appearance.
But the most important questions are: does it have the DNA of the previous version? Are they alike in any way? And the answer is yes, in both cases. In particular, I am a fan of flankers that respect important characteristics between themselves. And Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette does not disappoint!

When applied, its scent is very fruity, as I've said before. At this stage, they do not look similar. But wait about 15 minutes and you will feel the same jasmine present in the EDP version. For a long time, as they walk to their respective bases, the fragrances are very similar (on the skin, not on the olfactory tape). The biggest difference appears at the end, when the EDT version looks sweeter and jovial, because of the vanilla, while the EDP is woody and adult.
Another curiosity: this Eau de Toilette version projects much more than the Eau de Parfum version. During one of the tests, I applied a spray on my arm and went for a walk with my dog, under a sunshine of an autumn morning. Suddenly, the scent dominated my nostrils, as if I had applied many sprays.

The biggest difference between them is in evolution, which makes this EDT version evolve faster, losing projection earlier. In this case, the EDP version continues to exhale longer. In terms of longevity, however, both are magnificent and go beyond ten hours without effort.
Oh, and before you ask me, one does not replace the other. Clearly, one is for daytime use and the other is for the night or for moments that require a little more sensuality.

prettyswag
prettyswag

yummy , beautiful and lasting sexy n warm.

contatoatla
contatoatla

Warm and sweet without being nauseating. It would be a great night time fragrance to a "fresh" lover person like me that wants to get out of its confort zone.
I would choose this one to brave new lands, but it misses a personality that i look for in a perfume. It does remind me of something I've smelled before.

Meels
Meels

The bottle's very pretty and feminine, so I was expecting a similar floral scent. For the first 30 minutes I enjoyed this fragrance; then it transmogrified into a medicinal scent with a thin citrus overlay. This one's not for me.

Mimielle
Mimielle

I really have to agree with the phrase 'pleasant but not remarkable', this is not an evocative, daring or distinctive fragrance. I had a couple of free testers from my Sephora order box so rather than toss them into my overflowing sample urn, I wore it for 3 days straight, spraying lavishly and sniffing and evaluating at every stage of the development. It just doesn't live up to the name or the house reputation. I was expecting something more lush and complex in the notes and I absolutely wanted something more in the development. I didn't dislike the smell of it but I look for much more in even a casual fragrance to wear.

I ignored the Dahlia part of the name immediately, I've smelled garden-grown dahlias of every type and while they are pretty to look at, they all smell very vegetal, just green and pulpy. But this fragrance smells like something nice and inoffensive, a common enough type of fruity floral that you'd expect to find as a celeb scent that debuts at Walgreens or something from Bath and Body Works rather than something divinely inspired from the house of Givenchy.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

A truly divine fragrance! One of my very favorites! I don't think of this as fruity at all; I think if I was looking only at the notes listed, I'd never have tried this. Boy, is it beautiful...softly perfumey and very feminine. I've tried the edt and edp....they are different so it's worth trying both.

ZBear
ZBear

When I think of Dahlia Divin EDT, the word "juicy" comes to mind. It has a fruity and sweet opening, with a bit of patchouli and (synthetic) sandalwood at the base. I decided upon this rather than the EDP because I found the EDP too floral.

The EDT is slightly reminiscent of Nina Ricci's "Nina" or the old Dior Miss Dior Cherie, except with a peach note instead of strawberry. If you like those types of fragrances, you would like this for sure.

Sillage is not huge, but longevity is decent. Overall, I do like, but don't love this fragrance.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

To me Dahlia Divin edt is the epitome of the perfect peach. The peach here is realistic, it's juicy but does not covey that sense of overripe fruit which I can't stand. It stays fresh and in the combo with blood orange and vanilla it's just perfect. In spite of being an eau de toilette longevity is great. I tested it yesterday and I liked it very much. I might grow to love it because...it does smell divine!!! Youthful, classy and joyful. And precious bottle too.

Oh, she smells good!
Oh, she smells good!

The citrus and peach scent is really ripe and blends very well together i love it!

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

This was most extremely fruity on my skin, without much complexity. Very berry. Pleasant, but not remarkable. I'd recommend this as a gift for a teenager.

Riisssaaa
Riisssaaa

This is a feminine floral with a touch of vanilla. I find it's very very similar to Olympea but less pungent and less nauseating as the vanilla is softer but still quite prominent. It's more floral than fruity and has a warm sweet quality.

Good alternative to Olympea if Olympea is too nauseating. Unfortunately this is also where I discovered Vanilla does not work for my nose.

For those who don't like Vanilla just like me Dahlia Divin EDP is a good choice. Although the notes are completely different the two bear very close resemblance.

Sophie75
Sophie75

My new love! I prefer this EDT version, the EDP is too intrusive for me... when jasmine, vanilla, musk and something stinging come together in a fragrance, I know it can't leave me neutral... :)

channmya
channmya

Warm and sweet

Emerald17
Emerald17

After the initial spray, I get a strong fruity patchouli with an undercurrent of........grape? I smell grape somewhere, and I'm not sure why. Is that what black currants smell like??? Either way, it's not bad; but it DOES remind me of something I've smelled before. Can't remember what. At first, I thought it reminded me of Ellie Saab's orange blossom scent, but then Ange ou Demon comes to mind as well. Not sure why. Does anyone else notice the similarities? Anyway, as it dries down, it becomes less fruity. The patchouli and sandalwood really come out (which I love), and there's a floral essence that weaves its way in and out between the two. Less like a ballerina, and more like an exotic belly dancer. There's still a lingering tart sweetness that's there from the fruits, but mostly, I sense the two lazy sultans (patchouli and sandalwood) calling the shots in this harem---both taking turns while the other one dozes off in this warm and intoxicating environment.

blake.lee
blake.lee

There's a discontinued Bath & Body Works line called Mango Mandarin and I used to drench myself in the lotion and body spray in the summer. Dahlia Divin EDT reminds me strongly of Mango Mandarin. It's a bright, sweet, fruity citrus with nice round vanilla edges.

frosting712
frosting712

Initially I was beyond impressed. It's a complex fruity aroma at first. Very bright but had a sophisticated feel to the scent. On my skin however, Dahlia Divin developed into something quite generic in scent. Too sweet to me, it started to feel "heavy". As I sniffed my wrist I couldn't help but think "I probubly own something quite similar to this already". As the scent wore on it felt a bit too young for me personally, more high school scent. The die down was a bit better. The complexity seemed to really develop quite nicely, but the generic sweet that lingered confirmed this wasn't a scent I was going to invest in.

While quite lovely it seemed when sprayed on a testing strip, it just didn't work on my body chemistry.

cstands
cstands

If I had to describe this perfume in a single "concept", it would be "peach-flavoured velvet".... an olfactory-visual-tactile experience. While I don't think Dahlia Divin is necessarily a unique fragrance, it does a really beautiful job of "peachy fruity floral", without becoming synthetic or cloying.
Dahlia divin is a mature (classy) scent, yet I think equally wearable by a 20 year old and a 70 year old. It's definitely not old-ladyish - there is something enticing and sensual about it.
The eau de toilette is much more fruity than the parfum, but has equal depth and longevity... 10 hours later and it's still faintly brushing my wrist! I like it!

miletas89
miletas89

This smells SO. good. For being an EDT, it is a bit on the "heavier" side. It's very sweet and warm, and has a certain givenchy-ness about it. This company, even though they have different perfumers for their scents, manage to have a sort of style signature with fragrances.
It's very feminine, and i don't think anyone would find it offensive or unpleasant.

tru4reele
tru4reele

This is gorgeous. When I smelled it at the store I had to have it. The edp smells nothing like this. The edp smells heavily of yellow flowers which I am not a fan of. This one is sweeter with more fruit.

b.a.denney

The site won't seem to let me add the "smells like" for Armani Si EDP. I added it as Si Armani EDT, but I really think Dahlia Divin EDT smells a lot like my Si Armani EDP. In fact, I think I like Dahlia Devin better. Ever since the EDT came out of Si, I've preferred it to the EDP, which rarely happens for me. Of course, I prefer the EDT in Dahlia too, so maybe it's a trend. In certain instances, the EDT is lighter or fresher, but if it still has good longevity, I sometimes prefer it.

Also, there are quite a few scents out there right now that smell a lot like this, Armani Si, being just one of them.....

la fleur dorée
la fleur dorée

Why do I sniff and review fumes that are not like me, released the day before yesterday with some bimbo ad campaign? Do I believe any of that stuff will suit my tastes? Do I trust these big names? No. I do because I hope to discover what they mean when they say chypre, mirabelle or sambac jasmine - just for the fun of learning, also called curiosity, the cat-killer. This Dahlia Divin (le nom alors, c'est le comble du prétencieux!) I tried twice from a decanter. Vanilla, blackcurrant or rather red fruits, really, and jasmine stand out here, in parallel streams. I get caramel too. The last notes are lost on me. Projection is moderate, longevity poor.

NurseSmellGood
NurseSmellGood

I smelled this in Sephora two weeks ago and knew right away I had found a fragrance that actually embodies all of me. Sweet but mild with a hint of spice. I guess that's the patchouli. I've never smelt the EDP but I feel it's not nessesary this is perfection. I don't want or need it any stronger. I ordered the biggest bottle a couple days later. It's here and I'm soooo elated to say I've found my signature, which I thought would become flowerbomb but nope.

NancyD76
NancyD76

I have tried this Dahlia Divin a few times earlier when I was searching for a new perfume. It was always the EDP I smelled, and I quite liked it but not for buying.. Now I tried the EDT and I really love it. First time I thought it would be the same story as with the EDP but it isn't. Every time I try it I like it more.

It's such a sophisticated scent, I love the powdery effect with a touch of vanilla musk, yasmin and peach. Classy all the way!

I ordered a bottle just today, can't wait to use it :-)
PS: also looooove the bottle!

GatsbyDreams
GatsbyDreams

This is my certified date night fragrance. It's so gorgeously feminine and flirtatious. It manages a fruity sweetness without being cloying or overpowering. The peachy notes have a fruit/floral duality that harmonize perfectly. The gourmand sweetness in this is a bit reminiscent of candied fruits. Overall this is a beautifully designed fragrance (in an adorable bottle to boot!)

aqua76239
aqua76239

This is first Givenchy scent I ever liked. Imagine that lol
this is not fruity floral to me. This is sweet, slightly powdery with hint of fruit. Its elegant and sexy at the same time. Orange flower seem rather prominent but only on top and some mid notes.
To me this is rather "adult" scent so I picture sophisticated well dressed woman in her 30s and up

natissimo
natissimo

this young lady is the latest addition to my collection. and I'm loving it! it's fruity, it's sweet but not too much, somewhere sexy and elegant. for a while I couldn't decide, whether to take EDP or EDT, however, at the end I decided for EDT and I absolutely don't regret. :))))

b.a.denney

I fell in love with this the other day at Sephora, but then I noticed sitting next to it was Ange ou Demon Le Secret, which I also have. I was struck that these seemed somewhat similar, so I sprayed two test strips, and to my nose, they are. I'm not sure I can justify buying a bottle at Sephora's full price when I already have something so similar. It's also surprising to me that Givenchy would make a perfume so similar smelling, and it's even the same color. It's not like this is a flanker of that line either.

Maybe it's just my nose, and it is lovely, so if you don't have something similar, you might want to try this. If I find it on sale sometime, I'll buy it for sure.

UPDATE: I won this on ebay, and it arrived today. BEWARE of Givenchy caps. This bottle was a brand new tester, but I can tell I'd better not ever push the cap on all the way, or it will pull the metal clamp/seal ring off the neck of the bottle. How can I tell? Because the same thing just happened last week with my bottle of Givenchy Ange ou Demon that we'd bought from Macys. Macy's was great about it, and exchanged my bottle, even though I'd used about 15% of my bottle. It always had a cap that was hard to get on/off, and this new Givenchy bottle is the same. So, I'll just leave the cap sitting on it, not pushed down. You'd think for how expensive the perfume is, there wouldn't be this issue. I mean, my much cheaper, celebrity perfumes manage to have a functioning cap!

On to the perfume. It's gorgeous. I much prefer this over the EDT version. It's lighter, but in a good way. I tend to enjoy strong sillage perfumes, but there was just some note in the EDP that I didn't enjoy. It's the same with Giorgio Armani's Si, I find the EDT much more wearable and enjoyable. I'd initially thought Dahla Divin resembled Ange ou Demon, but upon wearing, I find that it doesn't. I'm glad to have both in my collection. Oh, and the bottle is classy, and nice too(other than that stupid, glitchy cap).

I discovered that I actually had pulled the seal/ring off when I first took the cap off. I looked at bottles on ebay, and saw that just like my Ange ou Demon bottle, the ring pulls off and gets stuck up in the cap! It makes the bottle look sort of ugly, and more likely to leak. I had to put fabric over my finger(due to sharp edges), and try to get the seal/ring unstuck from up in the cap. I got it, and it pushes back onto the perfume nozzle, but it makes the cap not so effective. If you want to push the cap on, every time it will come off up in the cap. It could maybe be pinched tight, but it might mar up the rose gold finish. I'm still not sure if even then it would stay on, as the cap fits so tightly. I finally found that the trick it to not pull the cap off straight up, instead sort of twist it as you are taking it off. The plastic cap has notches, and fits so tightly that it WILL PULL THE METAL SEAL/RING up in the cap every time(or eventually as with my other Givenchy bottle). This is a serious design flaw.

sassa7
sassa7

better than the original Dahlia. I had sprayed a few other ones on my arm and THIS one had the best silage. Id wear this all year round. Youthful, fruity, creamy enough. Not gonna bust anyone's nuts analyzing. I just love it.

superbity
superbity

Blind bought this and I absolutely love it! This is a fruity floral that manages to smell expensive, elegant, young, and playful all at the same time. It is by no means fruit overload as the notes might lead you to believe - the fruit is perfectly balanced with the white florals. As others have stated it is sort of along the lines of Coco Mademoiselle & Miss Dior Cherie. Young without being immature, elegant without being too serious. Could see it working well in any season, and day or night.

kikinha
kikinha

It smells SO unique and cozy! I tried it at Sephora, went for a walk and could not resist... I came back and got a big bottle. I am in love! Sweet, classy, and PINK! just the way I like it!

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

This smells very pleasant. I get a very strong grapey freshness at first, it must be the combination of the three top notes giving me that effect. I enjoy it. The rose comes through for me, so that I get a fruity, grapey/jammy rose, and then that swiftly moves along into a jasmine/nondescript white floral accord. It is fresh and not really embodying one type of flower, which is fine as it smells nice. And then it all just falls apart on my skin and I don't smell anything anymore - after just one hour :|

It's working better on my clothing - I'm getting more of that peachy vanilla floral that comes off as slightly grapey to me. Would I buy it? Maybe on super sale...it is nice to smell on my cardigan :)

tatuli
tatuli

This perfume reminds me of Jlo's LIVE perfume. Beautiful, sweet scent. Stays close to the skin, doesn't have much of a projection.

amylouise_
amylouise_

Ah - let me tell you how I bought the EDP version of this last year and after smelling the EDT, I WISH I smelled it first! This EDT is absolutely stunning. It's the younger sister version of the EDP. The EDP is much more mature compared to this one.

I own a few Givenchy perfumes and aside from Hot Couture EDT, Dahlia Divin EDT it definitely at the top! I agree with some of the reviews re: this having a Coco Mademoiselle twist to it. However, it's completely different from the original EDP - I'm not even sure why it's labelled as an EDT because it's quite heavy for one (not in a bad way or anything!) and EDT's usually smell similar to the EDP when they're stemming from the same fragrance, but are just supposed to be a lighter version no? Strange!

Feminine, fresh & lovely. Your man won't stop smelling your neck. ;)

Either way, this one is worth picking up and can be worn during the day and at night. Win-win!

Migalex
Migalex

Smells to me like a concoction without much structure. Personally, I find this one of the least appealing scents I have ever smelled. Cannot even say what is is about, apart from being floral fruity. Dahlia Noir EDP is no nice, and now this! Well, that is my humble personal impression for now. I will have to try it again. Who knows I will find it amazing next time.

Very nice, lightly sweet, smooth fragrance. It's similar to the original, but much more soft. I like the original better, as it seems to be more elegant and intense, but this one is also great.
I like the scent of peach and orange in it. Good!

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

Listen this stuff is the absolute business... I was looking for a birthday perfume today (for myself of course whoop whoop!) and we sprayed kors, Versace, Dior... because i was longing for a jasmine scent and then the sales lady sprayed something and it has been a long time since someone sprayed something and i halt everything and say 'WHAT WAS THAT???!
It was Givenchy Divin eau de toilette
she made it clear that it was eau de toilette- that this is the peach one and NOT the plum one... so of course I asked to smell the plum one..... no thanks give me the EDT... reminiscent of la vie est belle and Jo Malone freesia and pear.and Viktor and Rolf...just beautiful! Also strong for an eau de toilette and sexy.. so i want I need and now I have....
it's delicious and on my birthday I have a feeling I'll be the only one smelling this good lol...
I think it's had an earlier release date... and I am very happy about that.

Yes it's another fruity floral but this one has class, haute couture and is dripping with diamonds daaaaaahling.

Fast becoming my signature....

dannysmom
dannysmom

Similar to the edp, but this one almost has a coco mademoiselle vibe to it. I find it easier to wear in hot weather, and it's a little smoother to my nose. If I had to compare the two, I actually think I prefer this one.

lanaaeles
lanaaeles

Received a sample of this and I was really impressed so decided to buy the 30ml. Great perfume for fall/winter. Can definitely smell the blood orange and subtle vanilla and peach scent. also my friend complimented me on this perfume

Charming candy at the beginning, but in time it changes into quite sticky scent, unfortunately, similar to Lancome LVEB line. I like it, but it is not for me.

cecily
cecily

Wonderful scent, much better than the original. For my taste, edp is so loud and noisy, while toilette water is descrete, classy and sensual. Lasting power is about 6 hours on me.

Giv1952
Giv1952

The notes sound interesting. Cant wait test it

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Givenchy Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dahlia Divin Eau de Toilette by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay