Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women

My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women
dislike

cinnamon
My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures

My Life, My Dream, My Passion are three perfumes from a very interesting collection by the house of Gres, and they were launched in honour of Marlene Dietrich. The collection Hommage a Marlene Dietrich was presented in 2007, as a game on components, colours, art, history... Her eccentricity and elegance inspired creators to offer chic perfumes with a breath of past Parisian times, but interpreted in modern way.

Advertising poster that represents this interesting collection puts Marlene’s spiritual posture from the movie The Shanghai Express in the first plan, in a game of different colours. The colours stand for various moods and roles. They are created in the same form with a discrete game on colours on details of the bottle. The wish for metamorphosis of feelings and change of female character is perfectly painted with change of nuances of colours.

Hommage a Marlene Dietrich My Passion was also introduced in 2007. Its passionate composition was created by Jean-Christophe Herault and Sidonie Lancesseur in floral rhythm. This creation was composed to awake and accentuate the 'vamp' in each woman. It was presented with a motto: "The good Fortune of being compassionate". The perfume opens with scents of apple, cinnamon and lily of the valley, with orange blossom in the heart and the base notes of amber, vanilla and musk. Available as 60 ml EDP.

It is worth mentioning that design of the prestigious collection was done by artistic studio Aesthete. The collection has been on the market since spring 2008 and the price is 59 euro for a 60 ml EDP.

Red Apple Cinnamon Lily-of-the-Valley

Orange Blossom

Amber Vanilla Musk

Signature Story for Her

My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Fragrance Reviews

CoconutCoffee
CoconutCoffee

Note to self: avoid anything created by Herault and Lancasseur if this is typical of their efforts :-(

My Passion is very strange to my nose and very unpleasant. The main impression is of over-whelming artificial chemical sweetness that makes me gag and some sort of mixed-fruit jam with no identifiable fruit in it. Strangely, unlike real jam which unites fruit and sugar, here the fruitiness and sweetness seem to be separated from each other and shouting at me from different rooms, one down the corridor on the right, the other down the corridor on my left. And I do mean shouting. It's a very strange, dissociated, out of body experience that reminds me of being anaethsetised before an operation. Not a pleasant sensation.

Apart from this sand-bagging, I get a slight hint of something which reminds me of pipe tobacco or more exactly the inside of a tobacco pipe which has been used to burn a fruity blend then been left to go cold. The tars have separated from the tobacco ash and lacquered the inside of the pipe and they give off a complex bitter resiny oily tarry aroma. This note might have been interesting but the hint of it is too fleeting and too weak to survive the screaming stereo blast of syrup and fruit.

Finally, I get something gingery or peppery. Also weak and fleeting and buried under the sickening sugar and jam.

Quite simply loathsome. I see no connection to Dietrich nor to passion. I suppose that my samples might have decayed - released in 2007, bought in 2015, perhaps the eight years in the box were too long?

I bought two boxes of 5ml Grès samples, one box a collection of three fragrances designed in hommage to Garbo and the other box a collection of three fragrances inspired by Dietrich. I paid £4.50 for the lot (yup, probably past their sell-by). The Garbo fragrances were not perfect but were at least wearable. The two Dietrich frags designed by this team are utterly vile and not worth even a pound each. The other Dietrich frag is okay. Well, I reckon four out of six is good going. And at such low cost I can afford to write-off these duds. I wont bin them straight away - I'll try mixing them with other stuff to see if I can make a wearable result. My Passion, aged eight years, is almost a cherry pipe tobacco so I'll try and make it what it almost was just to see if I can.

Edit - layered with Garofano by Villoresi the result is almost bearable.

Juliana6
Juliana6

It's strange, but the first note I get is the pineapple which isn't even listed (maybe it's the apple and the Lilly-of-the Valley mix). This is warm, spicy and a bit dirty (in a positive way, goes well with "passion"), sexy. Amber and musk together create a tobacco vibe for me. The drydown reminds me Narciso Rodrigez edt version ( the black bottle). I guess this perfume actually has that M.Dietrich vibe. Adult, a bit masculine, sexual without any doubt, dark, half closed eyes, dark lips, long cigarette in white gloved fingers, smoke rings in the air... Not for everybody.

Update: I didn't really like that a bit sour, fruity opening, but I just LOVE the drydown. It's excellent!

AVEYSEY
AVEYSEY

My new favourite perfume! I find it quite spicy, I usually find spicy perfumes to heavy on me but this is soft and subtle, just the thing for a Christmas party.

malencar
malencar

Fantastic on my skin !!!!! Very good longevity...I love it ! Sexy....

weegee
weegee

I've had my bottle for 2 years, carefully stored, and had forgotten about it. I purchasd it in very hot & humid weather and had dismissed it as a light and fleeting amber conconction that was nice but nothing special. I found the bottle today and applied generously this evening on a whim and I'm astonished to find myself surrounded by a cloud of deep, dark patchouli. Has it turned or is this what sour apple and amber produce when combined in cool weather?

In short, My Passion has morphed into J. Simpson's Fancy Nights! Fortunately, I enjoy Fancy Nights and have an ample supply. But I suppose I can enjoy saying I smell like Marlene Dietrich instead of J.S.

Guest_PowderedToast
Guest_PowderedToast

The apple and amber notes are heaviest on my skin. Lily of the Valley isn't very noticeable. The apple melts & dries down to a soft musky vanilla amber, and then falls totally flat. Light sillage, fades rather quickly. I'm lucky to get 2 hours of this. A pleasant scent, but by no means a memorable one. I purchased the 3.4oz at Marshall's for $10, and do not plan to repurchase.

Gabriela Marina
Gabriela Marina

Hi :) I want to know where I can get the perfume MY PASSION... please someone can help me? I'm from Argentina

vioversilver
vioversilver

I found this at Marshalls the other day - I remember seeing it here on Fragantica & being kind of intrigued by a perfume being inspired by Marlene Dietrich I picked it up.
On my skin my first initial reaction to My Passion was not a good one I'm afraid. It reminded me instantly of Lanvin's Rumeur , which I care nothing for - almost an acrid smell. I do have to say this perfume changes alot on my skin though, after about twenty minutes or so it gets alot better , sweeter & soft , definately I get a green apple scent & then it gets muskier & warmer with hints of the vanilla for sure, & amber.
I have to say then for me this potion changed alot on my skin for the better after the first unpleasant burst - it's not a favorite by far for me but at least unlike Rumeur it doesn't stay unpleasant for long .
My Passion just seems to have too much of a sour apple note on my skin which does not agree to me but maybe would work better on someone elses skin & tastes.
I have to agree with fiesta's review that this isn't very impressive - I suppose I was expecting something more complex from something inspired by Marlene Dietrich.

fiesta
fiesta

The beginning looked nice to me-some white flowers,but not the lilly of the valley,as it is mentioned,exciting,very pleasant,but it lasts very short time.I would like this moment to stay longer.Soon some very sweet fruit or berries appear,but hmmm...not an apple and any cinamon.The orange blossom in the heart reminded me very short moments in the heart of Tentations.This mix of top notes and the heart smelled me like peony with sweet syrup.I didn't found any new colours at the base.Very sweet,intensive,but not heavy scent.Could be the passion of some famous woman,but not Marlene's.Pleasant,but not impressive.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gres My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gres My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich by Gres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of My Passion Hommage a Marlene Dietrich by Gres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.