Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Gucci Guilty Absolute Gucci for men

Gucci Guilty Absolute Gucci for men
dislike

leather
Gucci Guilty Absolute Gucci for men Pictures Gucci Guilty Absolute Gucci for men Pictures Gucci Guilty Absolute Gucci for men Pictures

Gucci Guilty Absolute, the new edition of the masculine Gucci Guilty fragrance, comes out in early 2017. It is the product of collaboration between the creative director of the Gucci house Alessandro Michele and perfumer Alberto Morillas.

The top notes include leather. The heat is made of patchouli and the base captures goldenwood and vetiver. From the brand: „Created using a particular blend with a structure that remains unchanged from the first time it is applied to the skin. Leather accord and goldenwood are custom-mixed with natural extract of the Nootka Cypress, selected especially for Gucci Guilty Absolute. The resulting scent features ultra-dry woody notes. The fragrance’s composition is intensified with three forms of patchouli oils and earthy vetiver.“

Available as a 90 and 150 ml eau de Parfum.

Leather

Patchouli Cypress

Woody Notes Vetiver

Monsieur

Gucci Guilty Absolute Fragrance Reviews

kl99
kl99

I Adore it.

Real rubber impression. Dark pure leather. Smoky smoky fragrance. Burned woods. So male. An 80s cut.

It has that impression of violette, I sense that.
In some way remember me Fahrenheit Ablolute. But very different. Remember me also Kuhuyan by Parfums de Marly, always in a remote way.
Actually, after about 2 hours it become a Terre d'Hermes varation. Iso E Super must be present here, hight dose, in effect Iso has a cypress/cedar/vetiver smell.

Anyway it is a very good addicting creation.

The stupid thing here is the name. It is not an absolute, a concentration, of Gucci Guilty. It is a totally different fragrance. People who like the flowery citrus notes of the original will be probably disgusted by this one, Those who do not like the first GG will ignore an Absolute of this, and those who are looking for a dark moroccan style fragrance would never expect to find this into a Gucci Guilty flanker. I don't understand this choice.

mmcdonald36
mmcdonald36

This is how a man smells. A sweaty (musk) arm (leather) covered in sawdust (woods), sprinkled with vetiver (vetiver)

ken_smith404
ken_smith404

I don't like to wear Gucci perfume after the last one I tried from a friend but when I stumbled on this at carsons it wowed me.
I love this because it is woody, last longing and matured.
It stays on my shirt for 3days.
Thumbs up GUCCI

tonyflash
tonyflash

By far the ugliest fragrance I have ever smellt. I don't think I could wear this under any circumstances. Longevity is good though.

Endymion
Endymion

1. I absolutely despise Gucci since Tom Ford left the company. I can't really appreciate any of their releases since then (although I find Gucci by Gucci Sport OK).

2. This perfume SHOULD HAVE BEEN released under a brand new name, package and concept, not as a new flanker of the Guilty line as it has NOTHING to do with the rest. It's a completely different fragrance and name Guilty Absolute is very misleading.

3. On first encounter I have to admit I LOVE IT!!! :) It's very, very dry. No sweetness in at all (thankfully). Dark but not moody or gloomy, so it's a serious perfume, not a fragrance for clubbing. Elegant, but very simple, I think only some notes works inside in it, not complex at all.

Definitely recommend it to try! It differs very much from all the recent releases and it's a good thing! ;)
If it was a new pillar fragrance from Dior I bet it would sell like hot cakes!
(But don't expect something extraordinary all together, it's not THAT unique).

Panon
Panon

Tested it today, was a nice surprise to smell something decent again from Gucci, just like others mentioned, for the first time since Tom left the company.
However nice it was at first, it was gone in an hour, by no means worth the name Eau de Parfum.
If you love this scent you are much better of with:
-Soul by Costumes National (they named it Parfum) or
-Kalemat by Arabian Oud (EdP) even better but harder to get.
They both last forever because of higher quality ingredients.

JanneMan45
JanneMan45

I like this a lot!

Gucci walking the niche path...

@ this point it is my third Gucci after Pour Homme II and Intense Oud.

Will get another 150 ml bottle as soon as i get discount-coupons from my fragrance shop.

Can still smell it after 12 hours on my skin, projection is a few hours

yang.ziyi
yang.ziyi

especially suitable for a cigar
love it !

ularewolf
ularewolf

Absolutely love this fragrance. I love the smell of fresh pumped gasoline, and this oozes that smell. This is not for the mainstream people, unfortunately I imagine this will be discontinued soon due to that piece. Better stock up, people!

psychocandy
psychocandy

I love this for every reason listed as to why people hate it: antiseptic, medicinal, bandages, ointment, petrol, ash.....Ordered a huge bottle. GUCCI is back to former glory of late 90's early 2000's with this one...FINALLY. This is like D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine Sport.

Kerryd504
Kerryd504

I just smelled this in the mall and can't get with it.

All I got was leather. That's it. Funky leather

Maybe my nose is messed up. I'll give it another go one day but as of now. NO!

I appreciate the uniqueness though. But man, this is out there!

Peace and blessings

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This is one of those rare scents that is bold without being loud or brash. I would describe this scent as rather muted, you get a leather-like, hydrocarbon and some green aroma all at once.

One of the first images that this great juice brought to mind was the inside of an old pick-up my father owned that held various items such as tools and dirty mechanic's rags. I only have a decant right now but am looking at getting a full bottle though I will say that even though it's an EDP it is a bit on the weak side. Life span on my skin is okay and projection is too so if your skin is the type that soaks it up you might go heavy on application.

Every once in a while I think I catch a whiff of "greenery", maybe the cypress? Most of the time you got a great leather that isn't trying so hard to get noticed.

stephybear32
stephybear32

I absolutely love the smell of this fragrance.When you first spray it, it does smell like tcp, but once it starts to warm up you can really smell the leather. I have noticed that a certain type of customer will buy this, one that loves an OUD scent, or something completely different.
I love this scent because of its uniqueness, if i was a man i would definately buy it.

SirCharles
SirCharles

Finally something masculine and virile rises from the sea of shampoo and detergent. Right off the bat I feel like I walked into the lumber department at home depot wearing a leather jacket after changing a car tire. Think Nasomatto's Duro, toned down about 25%. Can't say if I would buy it yet, but it's a pleasant surprise.

Fogwalker
Fogwalker

Eureka..!

Gucci have (almost) created a masterpiece.

I have been looking for a fragrance like this for years. Yes, I know that countless people could easily reply: "..well, if you like this then try [insert other cologne name/s here] it's much better".
However, I'm not looking for anything that smells similar or better than this. I have what I want right here, right now. This will do nicely, thank you.

I've tried LOADS of expensive niche and not-so-expensive leather fragrances and most of them have their plus-points. But this, is by far my favourite blend - strong yet subtle and dirty as hell.

Add a smidgen of medicinal ointment, a smattering of old wood shavings and a squirt of axle grease and you're almost in the picture.

Finally, add a very, very generous dollop of pungent petrol / gasolene and oh boy, I'm in heaven. The amalgamation is absolutely superb. Quite literally breathtaking.

It lasts for hours on my skin (a rarity for me) and I'm so glad that it does.

Guilty Absolute may not have the strongest / most authentic / most expensive-smelling *musty* aroma that's available on the market but guess what - it really doesn't matter one iota because what it does have works wonderfully well - unlike some high-end leather / vetivert scents i've worn.

A word of warning - this fragrance smells totally different when sprayed on paper to how it does when applied to the skin so please be aware of this.

Gucci, I salute thee. Thank you for restoring my faith and putting a smile on my face.

9.9/10

Giuseppe83
Giuseppe83

Took me a while but it just hit me... it smels like: ichthammol... its a black salf used in pulling under skin boils... tar like smell... I get where Gucci tried to go but I think there are better scents for that.. Pass for me... Cudoes for trying something different though

RobWales
RobWales

It smells like furniture polish. Not good.

our lee
our lee

What a wonderful fragrance. I had all but lost faith in Gucci with their bland scents and awful performance. This, however, goes against the traditional Gucci grain.

Alberto Morillas has produced a terrific fragrance, dusty leather along with dry vetiver giving a completely masculine scent that will last all day. The opening has a phenol, hospital, antiseptic cream-vibe about it. Then the leather takes over in what could be a niche offering, something that Gucci could charge twice the price for and still wouldn't get many complaints.

A change in direction for the best for Gucci, I am extremely pleased with this fragrance.

Fausto74
Fausto74

Literally... Smells like old fasioned camera from 1915 in black leather box,full of dust in wooden attic my grandparents. For me it's sentimental and nostalgic...I remember - it was German camera. This days you find them in antique shops., When I was like 6,7yo I was playing with this camera ( it was broken anyway) in attick, on my own... The other connotation is:old fasioned steam railway station in winter. Smell of coal, steam, smoke, oil, and leathery seats in waiting room . Last one : (don't know why?) : black & white movie :"Nosferatu Vampire ", by Murnau - cryptic, creepy mouldy... Generally interesting fragrance wich I can describe as a" smoky leather" with vibe of oil and wood. Love it or hate it. I love it..

Uni-Scent
Uni-Scent

As polarizing as some people make it out to be, I happen to love this one. I'm a leather note fan and when I smell this, I can definitely pick out the intense leather along with some vetiver. I can see this working best in the autumn season, but I feel very tempted to wear this during the upcoming warmer months. You should definitely try sampling this before buying a full bottle; this will either be a "love" or "hate" fragrance to you. Overall, a great solid release from the Guilty line.

Scent: 9 / 10
Projection: 8 / 10
Longevity: 8.5 / 10

Cerasus
Cerasus

Niche juice in designer bottle.

Very nice tar-petrol-bensin note, accompanied by smoky, spicy and animalic properties. I see rather solid resemblance to Divine Attraction by Initio Parfums, which is even more smoky.

For some people Absolute might be off-putting ( mainly because of the general trend of the fragrances today), but in the other hand - it definitely has the potential power of the 'Woow!' effect.

Two thumbs up!

Captnsmak
Captnsmak

Ok my first review on here.

I am 100% a fraghead and have and do own countless scents but this is the first perfume that has made me want to review it for anyone wanting to blind buy. Over the years I have owned and used a number of Dior Privee's, Tom Fords, Guerlains. etc etc and also countless designer frags.

On initial smell, I though wow, now this is a my signature scent... But this is NOT for everyone. To paint the picture, I am a 34 year old business man in the day but a leather jacket wearing, tattooed bearded bald guitar playing geezer at night.

I will say I do genuinely like this scent a whole lot and will be trialling it out tonight. I will warn you though that it is 100% a masculine scent. While my appearance might come across very masculine I do love my rose / floral scented frags (Ambre Nuit - Dior Privee is my absolute #1). On first smell, it is absolute leather and for a while it's the only note I could pick up from this.

Unfortunately... I have been wearing it today and this afternoon it hit me. If you have ever had a tattoo this smells exactly like the cleaning / disinfectant gel or liquid they use during or after tattoo work. Now I am not saying this is a bad smell or that it will put me off it but having sat over the years in 48+ hours worth of pain under the gun it is slightly off putting.

I would recommend you not to buy this blindly as it is so different to previous Gucci frags and very much a personal scent.

If I had written this review straight after purchase it would have been a solid 9/10 for me but now having worn it for 24 hours and the smell hitting me like it did I would give it a very strong 7 / 10.

Martin__
Martin__

Dirty, ashy vetiver with patchouli and quite a lot of smoke. Burnt woods sorrounding. Pretty interesting.

Longevity - over 8 hours. Sillage - moderate.

Worth testing. Not groundbreaking, but finally another solid release from Gucci!

matty64
matty64

Very dry woods, patchouli and leather. You really have to let this settle on your skin before "hating it". C'mon people, hate is a strong word for a perfume.

Spasticink
Spasticink

I like Fahrenheit, Tuscan Leather and so on but I can't stand Gucci Guilty Absolute it's ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.jpg

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

Super ubermasculine fragrance, terrible choice of person for the marketing campaign. This should be like a really manly man, a hardcore biker man with full on beard, bit older with some grey hair, full of tattoos and a leather jacket, this is what I get from this fragrance anyway.

I really don't like this fragrance has a personal taste, but this is a great fragrance and a breath of fresh air in the designer releases. To me this is what real leather smells, masculine leather, earthy, a bit dirty and dry leather. Maybe the best interpretation of masculine leather I have ever smelled, I dare to say this may gain a legendary status in the future, who knows?

Is that good of a creation, but I don't like it.

So Gucci was almost bankrupt, Tom Ford entered, created some masterpieces, saved Gucci, then they discontinued those masterpieces, created crap, almost bankrupt again and now they bring Alessandro Michele to try save them again, what do I get from this? Save this bottle because they will be discontinued in the future, when Gucci go down hill again

adrian.meeks.35
adrian.meeks.35

As by the Reviews its a mixed crowed on what to think of this scent but all agree it has niche quality! This fragrance starts off oily and yes kinda sorta leathery but in the best way possible, you can actually tell this scent is about to go somewhere giving time and man it really does take you to another place. Its not that the beginning is bad it's just doesn't seem to match what's about to happen! the Vetiver and Leather combo along with the citrus works very well together and lets not forget the patchouli note that adds that really noticeable niche quality to the fine colored juice! The overall scent itself coming from Gucci(being that Gucci's been lacking for a loooong time now)is a win and a game changer for this house!

greg1187
greg1187

Smells closer to petrol than even Fahrenheit IMO.

They should have put Leto on a motorbike instead of looking all effeminate in a scarf.

Niche quality fragrance from Gucci.

Molko
Molko

I tried only on paper, but to my nose smells awful, however I don't hate weird scents, I really enjoy Fahrenheit absolute or M7 absolu, except this. It's like strong stinky oud with old wood cabinet/furniture, oily oriental perfume.
Maybe I'll be test on skin later, until then I find Guilty absolute the worst smell so far...

SmellyZhu
SmellyZhu

Dry and luxurious. Leathery and vegetal. A must try.
I use it day and night.

CGV
CGV

Finally somebody at Gucci had the balls to hire Morillas who made a fragrance which is actually making sense. Not my type of scent but definitely a great personality on the right person. Fantastic quality & performance. Good blend and an quality addition to todays market!

ewanhoozarmy
ewanhoozarmy

Really don't rate Gucci Guilty but Absolute is fantastic! Leather Heaven!

Shawnnick
Shawnnick

Really impressed with this so far!I was actaully given this by a friend as he didn't like it.strong leather with a pinch of sharp vetiver in the background is what i get.While the the scent doesn't develop thats fine by me.Very masculine and almost dominant this would be well suited to formal occasions.My girlfriend says it smells like saddle but seems to quite like it.
So in summary a manly scent reminiscent of new leather.performance on my skin is excellent even beating my muglers!
8/10 from me

kylesega2000
kylesega2000

I get a terre d'hermes mixed with a strong leather feel from smelling this.

Not bad

ChrisMRiley

Your reviews are extremely helpful.

Potzilla
Potzilla

Love this fragrance, got mine for Valentines day after some heavy hint dropping.... The leathery phase is my favourite part. Has great projection and longevity on my skin.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A fragrance which initially changes many times but soon becomes linear..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-5 seconds - Smells like Antiseptic

5 secs - 15 mins - Now like Dior Fahrenheit

15 mins - 2 hours - 6 inch projection. A semi-leather comes to the fore with an undercurrent of something like sport deodorant

2 hours - 4 hours. 4 inch projection Now a linear piercing woodsy-iron fragrance, but it disintegrated on my skin, and I feel it has low quality

4 hours - 6 hours. Strong skin scent. Linear

6 hours - 8 hours. Still there just, but a tad boring now

The first hour is the best as it flips between different smells and this is intriguing, but after a while it becomes monotonous

It caught my coat when I sprayed and it stayed for 2 days and it mellowed to appealling, calming woodsy.

Not bad

groover

Finally got my bottle today after the
customs held it for a week, not my cheapest
blindbuy tho, but man this perfume is a must
have in any collection, i love it so much.

I agree with Seattle Dweller this perfume must
be tried on skin not on a paper strip huge
difference in smell. I can also understand that
this is either a love or hate perfume, but for me
this is the most unike perfume in quite a while even
tho its quite simple on the note side.
I think Alberto Morillas did a great job creating
this fine fragrance, he totally changed the formula
of the guilty line to something that will be remembered for years to come, i bet in 10 years this might be the one everyone is trying to get a hold on if its discontinued.

Umberto793
Umberto793

I gave it a try yesterday... to me it smells like coal! and was like ORRIBLE. But so so so so so unique... now I NEED to give another chance at it! this fragrance deserve it... because smells bad like such a man should smell... Hahahah

lovetribe

Smell of man. Whiskey,dry...very dry.leather,vetiver...dark...long performance.9/10 i cancel last review. Is a fantastic parfum.

frag girl
frag girl

I absolutely love this fragrance and feel they should have marketed it pour femme. I feel this is a feminine-woodsy oriental that would layer perfectly in the colder weather. It's definitely love hate, my colleagues absolutely loathe the stuff but I would definitely buy it! From initial application, I get why people smell gasoline but the dry down is much heavier, deeper and smells like the earthy tones found in a forest. It is definitely one to smell on the skin and wait, and not a blind-buy purchase imo. Love, Love, Love!!

hedward
hedward

I was shocked when I first sprayed this on. The only way to describe this smell is to paint a picture about it:

You've just woken up, mind still fuzzy from the drugs you were seduced with the night before. You smell the earthy dusty air of the cellar you've been brought to. You look at your half naked body and see a big bandage on your side and a canula on your bend of the arm. To your horror you notice that your kidneys have been taken out and sold to the black organs market. A man approaches with a syringe on his hand and more bandages on the other.

I hate this so much. GG Absolute smells antispetic and medicinal but in a sick earthy and burnt way. This literally made me physically ill.. an evil sinister smell. Props to Gucci making something unique at least.

olfactorium

I got mine today directly from Gucci. My first impression is that of a strongly medicinal aroma reminiscent of unguents layered over seasoned leather, such as an old pair of Gucci loafers that have been asleep in their dusty box for a dozen years. This is enhanced by a sharp, dry (almost petrified) wood note, and something deeply green and earthy lurking in the background that lends itself to contemplation and the passing of a great deal of time, as on an elemental scale. "Primordial" or "brooding" would be the adjectives that come to mind here: something dark and remote from mankind, but still richly palpable. There is a hint of oud, but it remains incidental to the other stronger notes. The parched composition holds steadfast and seems only to soften, not change, throughout its long life. Thus far, two sprays have lingered above me like an overcast sky all afternoon. I sense definite appeal here for those who wish to break away from the pack. Inherently closer to the premise of Gucci than any other of the Guilty series by far, Gucci Guilty Absolute is one for the adults in the room who prefer astringent, cerebral, wood/leather focused smells. Those suffering from Munchausen syndrome will make it their signature. I should add there will be both love and hate expressed for this eerie fragrance, but not much in between: I choose love.

christianpc
christianpc

Smelt this in debenhams and instantly knew I had smelt it before... Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi just not as sweet or well rounded. Otherwise it's virtually the same scent. Performance is good. It's a boozy spicy, leathery woody scent very niche like so an inexperienced nose may shy from it. Think of what pineapple vintage or club de nuit is to aventus and that's what absolute is to Ursa same scent just not as rich or opulent. Still a solid release

Gumbinator

Any word yet on a Canadian release? ABSOLUTELy dying to try this fragrance. I've only ever sampled about 3 Gucci frags. Really great stuff. This scent sounds so appealing! Medicinal and gasoline vibes aside. I'll hopefully find out what this scent is all about soon!

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Tip:

Do not smell from paper strips or directly from your arm. Many people are sharing reviews below having done just that. Wrong way to experience this particular fragrance.

Way to medicinal and gasoline like.

At a store last week a guy with his 2 friends, one girl one other guy were sampling it, the guy sprayed on his arm and turned his nose and shook his head after smelling it up close but both friends standing a few feet away smiled after smelling the sillage and mentioned their approval.

Big big difference.

Gucci Guilty Absolute mixes with air very well. Let the cloud do its magic and keep your nose away from your arm.

diamond dust
diamond dust

Tried today and smells like dettol or u can say dirty rubbing alcohol , not recomended dont know whats gucci made ! Imagine you are in hospital and dr clean your wound !!

marekkalinowski
marekkalinowski

Hi there.
Just tested it it.
Initial blast is like most of you are saying bit dirty gasoline and leathery vetiver. It lasts on my skin 20 min and develops in to fresher scent. It reminded me of something else and I couldn't work ito out until 2_3hours later. The middle notes are the same as the Base notes and it stays like that for another few hours. So the dry down is exactly like Annick goutal eau de sud where the beginning was definitely like Fahrenheit
It's not a great fragrance and it's not super bad but it's is disappointing and bit boring a waste of talent and it could be a realy good one withe few changes less vetiver and oakmossyou and more patchouli and leather bit of amber. Make it deeper
Do I like it? Not sure .will wait for something else to get my hands on.
Overall its 5/10 and it's only because I love fahrenheit it would be less then.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Smells like diluted version of Dettol antiseptic Solution... Huge Disappointment for me. Oh boy...

jackwins
jackwins

I blind bought this as well and got it in today. The "smells like gasoline" comment is real. It is a very dirty vetiver/gasoline smell. I dont get much leather, but that could be because the vetiver/gas note is at the forefront. Im going to keep it for a while and see if the blend calms the gas smell.

I dont regret the buy, but I am disappointed.

groover

I must admit i blindbought this due
to the hype, i have not yet reicived
my bottle but i got to smell it on a
paper strip at a local perfumery that
told me it was available here in april..
Neither of us was very impressed by the
scent itself, all i could smell was as
stated a medicinal leather note, i really
hope i will change my mind next week when
my bottle arrives, for now i will just keep
my hopes up.

I agree..

Some people may like it, if they like gasoline smelling, or harsh smelling things.

But the smell of the fragrance itself is really bad.

One of the worst fragrances ever made.. But I repeat. If you like medicinal and gasoline type of things, you will love this.

Cologniano_D
Cologniano_D

Alright. I tested this today. I thought twice before blind buying. I went to Gucci here in Atlanta and sprayed a generous amount. Now, some like this. I don't. It's too medicinal in the opening and does not have a WOW factor at any point. I'm in the final stage and I do not get much Leather. It's a Woody fragrance. Be sure to test this. Don't get fooled by the hype. It's not all that. I will not be purchasing this fragrance....

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Just received my bottle... believe the hype! Top notes are a bit medicinal but the dry down is leather and other notes I can't identify. Luxurious, a winner from Gucci, welcome back.

noelmarchaynes
noelmarchaynes

Absolute-ly love this. Fresh leather belt and patchouli. Gives strong projection and great longevity for me. However i can see why others would not like this. There is a medicinal smell for the opening, to me its somewhat like Germolene . However the dry down is amazing and fragrant. 8/10

Freedomlover
Freedomlover

Tried out thought it would be special add it's a absolute to me or smells like dettol antiseptic.

I have worn it today...

it's the worst fragrance in this two years..

horrible... smells bad.. Do you want to wear something that smells bad to anyone??

at this moment:

smell: 0/10

Riverwide
Riverwide

Awful. The very definition of a scrubber. It smells like walking into a garage. Petrol and harsh chemicals. I couldn't wait to get this off my skin.

I have tried this.....

ok.... to.me smells really really bad.
smells like petroleum similar to the one in fahrenheit but here darker and I don't know why but smells like a bad blended mix of things.

ThatMakesScents

Let's see. So far almost 50/50 say weak performance/strong performance. How odd.

Will a trusted forum member please step forward and tell it like it is ?

$99 for a REAL Edp is hard to believe. Convince me that it is true before I waste my lunch money.

Never a dull moment on F.com when the poop hits the fan....brought to you by Gucci.

I need G cologne to go with my GUCCI EYEGLASSES!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tried it and loved it. I agree with the comments that this is very woody and it has a beautiful smell of a fine leather belt. The leather is strong and very long lasting. If your into leather fragrances this is perfect. Very nice longevity with this fragrance which is still lingering on my skin after washing my hands several times. Definitely a masculine fragrance which I will add to my collection. I would use this as an evening go to.

siraog

I sampled it today and all I can say is: wood. It's basically pure wood. I'm not into woody fragrances so I won't buy it, but if you love woody scents this is for you. It's strong, sillage is good, longevity is good and more importantly it smells natural. Other fragrances in Guilty line is so bad that I hated Gucci. I still don't love this fragrance as I'm not into woody fragrances but as a woody scent this is amazing. I wouldn't recommend a blind buy on this one. It could be too overpowering.

Gucci guilty absolute

I nearly didn't bother trying this by default such is the apathy and cynicism I feel for the Gucci Guilty line and by extension Gucci perfumes of the last few years in general. I'm so glad I didn't give in to my gut because... how wrong it was.
Gucci guilty Absolute is a triumph and a sign that Gucci are back on form with something truly pushing the boundaries of designer fragrance and not just some generic crap.
The opening is pure bandages and antiseptic becoming an ultra dry benzoin type accord, a very dusty, ancient, precious amber type thing. It's more than that though, it's leathery in a truly authentic way but with all the oddity of resins and a smokey earthy patchouli and vetiver. (I do get EN comparisons here)
It would more than likely be too strange if not for a lightly fruity note and a touch of sweetness which develops but quickly recedes, drying down to pure leather and an almost soil like patchouli in the drydown.
Im shocked at how brilliant this perfume is, because it's all the weirdness of an Indy scent but is somehow wearable enough to appeal to my girlfriend, and that really is praise indeed.
The woods in this are exotic and some of the driest I've encountered in designer perfumery. Scratchy vetiver and spiced hard sandalwood minus the creaminess you often get.
Although Alberto Morillias is a brilliant guy responsible for some legendary fragrances but I try to never have expectations of a perfumer, especially when they have such a diverse portfolio. In this case though he has created a true gem.
Many people enjoyed Gucci pour homme I and its unflinching, spicy, masculinity I think this might signal a return to that sort of thinking in a small way. I could be wrong and it's just a fluke but super enjoyable fluke with pretty decent performance and one I will definitely be adding to my wardrobe.

Update: So yeah I bought it on m way home from work last night. I'm not going to be too lavish in it's praise but I stick to what I said above, this is a very strong outing from Gucci. I know what the opening reminds me of and it's the smell of the green liquid my friend uses on customers in his tattoo shop (he calls it "green soap") it's quite astringent and although the Gucci fragrance turns to earthier textures of patchouli and eventually leather, it definitely shares similarities in the beginning. I don't know what it is about me and patchouli? I always used to hate (mainly womens) perfumes that were heavy in patchouli thinking to myself 'why on earth would she want to smell like soil?' but I go through fazes of craving the stuff. Not just the chunky, velvety, chocolate type but the full on hippy variety too and I think this is where Guilty Absolute strikes up a really great happy medium.

OlfactoryLover
OlfactoryLover

Thank you Coty! Finally a fragrance fitting for the Gucci brand.

It smells very close to Epic Man from Amouage but without the price tag (or the Oud).

VexedRomance
VexedRomance

Guilty Absolute would be best described as a masculine aromatic. The aromachemical in it is also very powerful, so you're going to want to do just a spray or two, and then let it settle.

The fragrance does come off very niche—but a better term for it would be high end. Guilty Absolute is more of a universal fragrance that a true niche (which only appeals to very special tastes).

From the bottle, I could definitely pick up the smell of Fahrenheit leather, but once sprayed on, the Guilty Absolute loses this entirely, and takes a much more refined form, like the presence of aged leather and woods. It's like being in a vintage space, that's dark and bold, but very clean and rich smelling.

You can pick up the damp essence aromatic wood that surrounds you, and the polished smell of the lacquer finish, topped off with the charming presence of refined leather, seemingly upholstered over the whole room in grand luxury.

Vintage class would be the best way to describe it. Gucci Absolute is definitely a fragrance with the style of well preserved vintage class.

I find it rather enjoyable, but I wouldn't recommended Gucci Absolute as an everyday fragrance. It comes off more as a special occasions fragrance to me. Despite the luxurious oversoul, the fragrance is a bit simple by nature, and does noticeably seem like something that might have been just thrown together.

Some might call this linear, but "simple by nature" would be a much better way to explain it. This simplicity can be somewhat unsettling. After you fully absorb the vintage finesse, there aren't really any stimulating factors to recapture you.

For people with very refined tastes, Gucci Absolute could be like a vintage space with a trap door. It's very nice at first—taking in the sights. The craftsmanship is luxurious. After a bit of time though, the trap door opens beneath their feet, and they plummet into dark the abyss of the fragrance's simplicity (which is sure to be begin feeling more like a dark, empty crawlspace to them).

Given the unique, high quality feel of this stuff, it doesn't seem like the kind of fragrance they would make a flanker for, but a little extra aromatic complexity could add a nice touch to it I think.

Even as it stands, I'd say Gucci Absolute is a very nice fragrance. And unless you're one of those people with extremely exquisite tastes, you should enjoy the vintage class that Gucci Absolute brings to the table.

mutintabailey
mutintabailey

This scent reminds me of Tuscan leather by Tom ford oozes sex and quality and class! It is such a expensive quality perfume and unisex it smells of quality and longevity in smell and spray is very good
Good job Gucci!!

lovetribe

great fragrance but it justifies the purchase only if you don't have terre d' Hermes or narciso Rodríguez blue noir because it's a more elegant version of these two. performances are good but not strong as in terre d' hermes. 6/10 great fragrance but nothing new.

perfumesamplesanddecants
perfumesamplesanddecants

lovely scent it's a good one for this brand....get it if you like quality...we love it...

gaborgabor1987
gaborgabor1987

Hey everyone, this is going to be my first review. I just got my hands on this new release by the house of Gucci. I personally don`t like Gucci`s fragrances very much and have never owned any. I have to say that this one has the wow factor. It`s quite woody, I would say this is an oud scent. I don`t like oud fragrances at all as I don`t find them wearable, but this one is an exception for me. Yes, it is not recommended for every day wearing. In my opinion it can be pulled off on special occasions or night outs with the right outfit. It is not a casual scent at all. It`s a bit harsh in the opening then it`s developing to another dimension. In the dry down it transforms to Fahrenheit with no doubt. It has that petroleum, gasoline vibe to it. The reason might be the amber and leather as violet is not listed among the notes.
Longevity is beast mode (12+ hours easily), it projects consistently and long enough (6-8 hours), and it fills a whole house for sure, sillage is through the roof.

Overall:

Scent: 8
Longevity: 9
Projection: 8
Sillage:9

People who love oud scents deifinitely worth giving this a try.

FragCor
FragCor

Not bad Gucci not bad! Best release from the house in a very long time.

Initial Impressions

Definitely a nice spicy leather, almost oily smelling seems rich. Not sweet at all, but not dry and dusty. Warm supple leather. If this is a consistent performer, I will wear this often. No regrets about blind buying it so far.

djhecutsa
djhecutsa

Smell like new brown leather! Primarily smooth dark brown leather, with a little woods and some slight freshness. If you have a leather bag, a good quality brown leather bag stick your head in and smell, thats what you get. At first spray I got New car smell. Think of a new high-end car with leather interior. Not a bad smell but still not sure if I like it. Its very subtle and virtually a skin scent from beginning.

rmf1112

Heads up, this is available for purchase from Gucci.com right now.

sameh
sameh

I have to totally agree with my friend siraog with his review .
Alberto Morillas increased my hopes for this fragrance. Old Gucci fragrances are the best, but the new ones are the worst. I hope this is a return to the past.

siraog

edit: Price is $125 for 150ml, $99 for 90ml and $78 for 50ml.

olfactorium

A masterful release from Gucci is long overdue. A leather and patchouli infusion custom mixed with natural extracts sounds intoxicating. Will the caramel colored Guilty Absolute be the cure for what ails this series or just a case of March Madness? The signs are quite auspicious regarding Alberto Morillas and his many triumphs. This should be a big, fat Gucci hit! Eager to try.

Gumbinator

I think the reason why people are voting, is going by what they already know. Like how an Oud frag most consider great for the cold months. The color of the juice is amber, depicting warmth. Notes of vetiver, kinda resembling spring. You see a lot of votes for Love because perhaps long time Gucci lovers know this will be a hit. Its the excitement. Its something new. Most frag heads will get that sense of excitement. Perhaps its something new to try next time your out. Not too mention, that talk about the mixing of 3 patchouli oils and using ingredients like leather, and vetiver. I also read about Oud being in there as well.

Within no time, the votes will balance out. I do not own a Gucci fragrance, but my Dad does. He owns Gucci Guilty. And loves it. This will definitely be something I will be excited to smell very soon. Let's hope all the hype is worth it!

NazguL2
NazguL2

Why fragrantica allows people rate a frag even hasn't been released?

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

Still hoping that one day we will get back GPH and GPH III will be released...

Dirk
Dirk

By Alberto Morillas
Well then i am interested. will test it for sure when it's out.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I guess I should just copy and paste my review of Boss Bottled Intense Parfum Absolue...
However, the appearance of Alberto Morillas as the Creative influence fills me with some hope beyond the initial destruction of faith that was only partially saved by Gucci Guilty Intense(I questioned 'why bother with the first GG anyway as it should have been what GGI IS)... Morillas must have been called in to add some much needed brand re-inforcement and I look forward to testing the fragrance which should really have an entirely different/new branding associated with it rather than the Guilty moniker...
Thoughts?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Guilty Absolute fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Guilty Absolute, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Guilty Absolute by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Guilty Absolute by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.