Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

dislike

smoky
oud
leather

Intense Oud by Gucci is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Intense Oud was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard. The fragrance features incense, woody notes, leather, amber, agarwood (oud) and olibanum.

Incense Woody Notes Leather Amber Agarwood (Oud) Olibanum

Black Afgano
Incense Oud
Hatkora Wood

Intense Oud Fragrance Reviews

knoxknoll777
knoxknoll777

Got this in yesterday and was a little skeptical and excited at the same time. When I opened the box and smelled the cap, I said, oh my! This smells fantastic. I have duro by Nasomatto and I can see the similarities. However, I know this gets compared to Black Afgano and if it's that close, why spend 185.00 for an ounce when you can get this for 65-85 on Notino. Anyway, thank you Gucci for a wonderful release and I can't wait to wear in the Winter.

9.5/10

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

a GORGEOUS release from gucci. Glad that I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a bottle.

joenick68
joenick68

First time wearing it today, and I can smell the oud right on, but I am still finding out what woukd make it stand out from my other Oud base frags...

landshark321
landshark321

Gucci Intense Oud is a good release, a designer-priced (especially on the grey market) oud/incense offering with niche quality.

Leather is listed in the mix but I don't get it, mainly just the olibanum and oud, with some woody notes as well, perhaps cedar or oak.

Overall, there's not much to it, and its elegance is in that simplicity. If there IS leather, it's hardly all that animalic, but rather a smooth contributor to an otherwise smooth blend of incense and oud.

The closest comparison I can make is to the more refined By Kilian Incense Oud, which is undoubtedly smoother yet substantially more expensive at retail at ($395 for 50ml) than Gucci Intense Oud's pricing on Notino of $90 for 90ml.

While it's not all that daring or complex, I concede that it's unusual to find a fragrance so well put-together at designer pricing.

Performance is very good overall, both in terms of projection and longevity.

Not one I'd necessarily buy since I own By Kilian Incense Oud, but one I'd surely consider.

8 out of 10

fragrancelover23
fragrancelover23

Personally to me smell of Gucci intense oud is okay, but my wife says it smell pretty rich and also it projects like a beast. It smells like "Indian Pan" at times. But I give this a thumps up! Great job Gucci!

shirazia

Monster performance.. heavy sillage.. dark and deep.. absolute banger for buck.. something probably very much expected from the resinous and respected house of Amouage.. Thanks Gucci.. for this niche masterpiece at a designer price.. it actually fits in private line..

lovetribe
lovetribe

I like the smell, but not too much. It is a soft oud with incensed atmosphere but not the church incense... as incense sticks . all softened by amber. and I also feel a sweet note as a fruity ...maybe raspberry,pear? leather is soft. I also feel a sort of orange blossom and a light rose. we're sure do not miss some notes? because I feel similar to the notes (not all notes, of gucci oud)

It is different oud. not pungent but I was not convinced at all. It has an incredible sillage. It fills a house and longevity over 12 hours !!!!!!

mm83
mm83

Fantastic!!! It's an underated gem. Gucci nailed it with this one.

bart4543
bart4543

the last masterpiece from the house of Gucci was Gucci by Gucci pour homme (now renamed Gucci pour homme). Since 2008 this company has released one failure after another( Dreadful Gucci Guilty line). Finally it took them almost a decade but they have redeemed themselves. What a fantastic fragrance. If you like oud then just buy it, dont even think about it just buy it.

HasanKhan
HasanKhan

a very good oud based perfume for western noses. in west oud is mostly combined with lots of amber to tame it down. same happens with polo supreme oud and armani oud. but this is more classier oud than those two. i have a 90ml bottle of this and two sprays of this lsts for 10 hours plus with good projection for atleast 4 hours. have tried it in winters only. eastern noses or oud friendly noses may not like this tamed down version of oud

@happyjack,
Hate to be that guy- you are correct in that those are the notes from the website, but I believe it is a typo, because both frags have the same notes on that site. Just my two cents tho!

HappyJack
HappyJack

Wow, there is a lot of hating going on. Oh well, they say it stems from somewhere else, I really doubt it's this perfume, maybe spending money elsewhere and finding out it's available cheaper? I don't know.
What I do know is hate does not make a review. There are still some who are lifelong learners, continuing education in all life has to offer :)
Top notes of pear, raspberry and saffron
Heart notes of bulgarian rose and orange flower
Base notes of natural oud oil and patchouli
That is straight from Gucci's site, I'm not sure anymore what natural actually means today, I know what I would like it to mean.
Also, how many have gone for the artisnal Oud's? Most of those pack the whallop of a dabbing a half-drop on the center of my steering wheel while driving, while doing so, hot someone and the air bag bashes my face in. Now that was an old school, classic Hindi! LOL.
Seriously, I like to come back down to fragrance west a couple times a year, especially for gifts. Tis the Season...
I love raspberry and extremely fond of saffron, and those are 2 very difficult notes to use in a frag without giving away cheapness, and it's not a candied fruit nor a wilted saffron. The drydown is nice and it is a medium performer. As far as the Oudh,I have no idea, you can put 1/4 natural, whatever natural means today and add it with 3/4 synth...? I'd have to max spec it and I'm not interested. I look at Ouds today as where is a person in their Oudh journey so I can gift accordingly. This seems a good gift for about 75% of the people in my life.

And for the money, you can't go wrong. Real Oudh, at 3ml, begins at just shy of 3x's this price. And some of those are even wearable.
Life is too short. It's a frag, and everyone is different. That's the beauty of people, especially women. If they were all the same, my life would by complete, and thus, over. And perfume is much like a lady to me, as different and alluring as everyone's top 10's, as playful as citrus scents and as alluring as they choose to be. They're ALL beautiful in the eye of the beholder.

T Phiri
T Phiri

This fragrance was just love at first sniff. Its dark and mysterious leans more on the mature gentleman side than a unisex fragrance to me. its more closely matched to Versace oud noir though this has that ember resin note that mellows out the powdery notes. The oud note in this one is well tamed unlike Tom Ford oud wood, it is not in your face but yet retains the sophistication of the tom ford. it does have the middle notes similar to Black Afgano but the dry down is similar to Versace oud noir with a hint of Tom Ford oud wood. A fine fragrance indeed one that turns heads. A germ from Gucci.

rmf1112

I feel this is a very underrated incense frag. Has a nice pleasant non church incense note, made smooth, dusty, and creamier from the addition of Oud. Smells like an unlit incense cone. Great performance also, but decidely linear. I am curious how this compares to the big names of incense, of which I have not tried any.

majedaloosh
majedaloosh

Its a cheaper version of black afgano with less cherry note .. I love it

9.5 / 10

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Opening: Very strong amber-y oud accord.

I advise everyone to test this on skin and NOT on paper, because that strong opening will most likely stick on paper for a long time and you'll probably give up and end up missing the good stuff coming after.

After 15-30 minutes, it turns into....yes you guessed it: Black Afgano.

Smoke and dryness intensify with time. Some saltiness and a nutty semi-sweet vibe appear along the way.

The type of smoke here is very reminiscent of Black Afgano type of smoke so don't expect a straight up liturgical incense here.

Longevity on my dry skin is 10-12 hours with moderate projection.

Very good release by Gucci.

kwasi fredua

This juice is similar to Black Afgano....I just purchased a bottle of Nasomatto's famed juice and I must say the similarities are very clear. It is only the herbal undertone of BA and the leathery base of GIO that make the two depart somewhat but they are both similar with the Incense and Oud notes. Both fragrances are wonderful works of art.

Edit: So I have been wearing this juice consistently for a month or so and I must say I just have to stock up on this before it gets reformulated. It's that good. Does anyone know who the perfumer for this one is?

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

Top class
- a panty dropper
- Beast mode
- fits all seasons
- good for day and night
- I can use it for clubbing most def
- lastly what a gorgeous smell.

Age group between - 23 and above

Results -
Lasting : 10/10
Smell : 10/10

()()()
()()()
()()().. You name it ..

Overall - 10/10

rmf1112

Gotta disagree with some here, just tried it and I get a bunch of frankincense-oud with leather and resins. I think it's really nice and actually prefer it to Versace Oud Noir. I think the Versace is too soapy, and this is a bit darker but not heavy. Initial impression is very good, I could see wearing this often. It is different from most, it has a slight warmth from the resins, and it is well blended. I am getting great sillage, fairly strong at arms length, but just lovely. I am so pleased with this. It has a nice oud, which reminds of the oud in Fan di Fendi Assoluto, but without the sometimes overly intense cardamom. While I appreciate input and opinions, I am very glad I blind bought this, despite suggestions to the contrary. It may not be groundbreaking, but it is pleasant, a bit mysterious, and different. I don't know much about synthetics, but it smells nice, thats all I know, or care about.

Initial impressions

Scent - 9.5
Sillage - 8.5
Longevity- ?
Bottle - 9.5 - that doorknocker cap is so damn pleasing

Will fit nicely in my top 3 with Montale Greyland and Bentley Absolute.

Juicyassrose
Juicyassrose

I essentially agree with antonpan. I tried this five weeks ago and cannot understand how they have managed to get the two words 'intense' and 'oud' past the advertising standards authorities! I could only just detect a faint oud note and all I got was a spicy acidity rather than a warm or acrid oud... and no, I'm not an authority on oud, but I think all of P&G's titles have jumped on the oud bandwagon in a disgraceful manner using it to promote sales on the unwary. was not impressed at all with the fragrance in any respect and the only thing I remember is that I wished to avoid it in the future. utterly forgettable.

remy.cullen.5
remy.cullen.5

Gucci Oud Intense is a very feminine fragrance, something i didnt expect when I first looked at the accords. Incense gives it the sweetness that makes this perfume unbearable to me in the same way cinnamon makes Burberry London hit my head - its just too much sweetness, even for winter. I could see this one on a woman, but, with my skin chemistry, its is just awful and overpriced.

warrioromar

What I have to all of the below reviewers who has performance issues with this wonderful fragrance is, "Skin chemistry is a bitch".

this last over 24 hours a minimum on my skin, and last 2 showers easily. In terms of quality of the smells whoever thinks this smells like a cheapies, all I have to tell you is I feel sorry for you, because people smells perfumes on someone's skin, they are impressed or seduced by the aroma, regardless of how much of dollars you spent on them or how much of quality ingredients is used. I agree if you compare this with Amouage products, there's a sense of high quality in Amouage, but in Gucci Intense Oud also definitely smells of good quality, there's is a sense of synthetic notes present, but it is pleasant, in fact in every colognes there's a sense of synthetic are present, question is, is it repulsive, answer is HELL NO. Gucci Intense Oud is such a wonderful fragrance, every single day I get positive comments from both girls and guys, at least 7/8 people wrote the name down. I love Bentley Intense but quality of Gucci Intense Oud is 10x greater, Bentley Intense is somewhat synthetic too, but it is still a wonderful fragrance, then why so much bashing towards Gucci Intense Oud, I would politely request please leave your snobbishness elsewhere. have a nice day!

Calvini
Calvini

The drydown is quite lovely, but the first 4 hrs has this weird nuttiness similar to Black Afgano (and bed bugs) that makes me quite uncomfortable

kwasi fredua

Arguably one of the best perfumes on the market in terms of longevity and sillage. It lasts about 12 hours on skin and so far about 2 days on clothes. This is masterclass. The incense is well crafted and the leather accord is just right enough to balance it out.

I believe most people are trying too hard to compare it with other oud based perfumes on the market and that's where Gucci IO departs. Its not meant to be a strong oud perfume (I wonder why they chose this name anyway) but a smoky leather concoction with the oud playing in the background.

If you are an incense lover then this was made for you but for those seeking a strong oud presence in their perfumes you would be disappointed.

I will rate it a total of 9/10. Amazing work by Gucci.

dolcethadon

I finally was able to get my hands on a sample of this new Gucci Intense Oud.. The original Gucci Oud leaned more to the feminine side, whereas Gucci Intense Oud leans very much to the masculine side.. Gucci Oud was an oud interpretation of Gucci by Gucci for Women.. Gucci Intense Oud is a middle eastern oud interpretation of "Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme".. Gucci Intense Oud opens up with a gorgeous exotic olibanum note also known as "frankincense".. A very prominent oud note melds with the incense, along with some amber, woody notes, & resinous notes.. A basenote of leather grounds the fragrance & adds masculinity to the blend.. Gucci Intense Oud is very dark, warm, masculine & exotic.. It is quite different from anything I have ever smelled before.. Because it is so exotic, Gucci Intense Oud would be one of those fragrances I have to be in the mood to wear.. Gucci Intense Oud would definitely do great in colder weather.. I am surprised to see some of the reviews below asking where the oud is, because I get loads of oud in this fragrance, & it performs very well.. I really enjoy Gucci Intense Oud, it is in my opinion the best release Gucci has made in a while.. To bad that Gucci Intense Oud is only available in the middle east..

Midoh
Midoh

hello,
Gucci didn´t mention if there any kind of Agarwood (OUD)inside it!!!
note de tête : poivre rose
note de cœur : lilas
note de fond : patchouli et ambre

or they make a mistake.
In the Gucci OUD they mention is natural OUD from Laos.

spray_and_pray
spray_and_pray

Everyone was mad that all new men's scents followed the "1Million/sweet scent" trend. Now all new-releases are following the dark/oud trend & everyone is still mad. Is there any pleasing frag-heads?

antonpan
antonpan

Nothing intense here. A typical Procter&Gamble oud fragrance, in the same style with Dolce&Gabbana Desert Oud. A fruity, creamy, mildly sweet fragrance with a small amount of oud in the dry down. The sillage and dry down are below average. Nice for casual wearing but EXTREMELY overpriced. Not a niche quality for a niche price.

Why not call it Gucci Oucci ?

warrioromar

Am I only one thinks Gucci Intense Oud is a MASTERPIECE?

It's that amazing!

Gucci Intense Oud as I believe it's not getting the love it deserves, so upon first application of this is beast mode explosion on authentic oud, which semi-oud lovers ie: Creed's Royal Oud and TF Oud Wood lovers would find too intense, I can comparable to Damask Oud (Boss Collection), Damask Oud is a mix of Damask Rose, Saffron and Oud, but Most Rose Oud composition is feminine to me, such as Indonesean Oud by Zegna and and Noir de Noir and Oud Fleur by TF. But Damask Oud beautifully captivated only essence of Rose and Proper Masculine high quality barnyard oud, and in my nose most beautiful exotic elegant Oud done in Western Perfumery.

Now Gucci Intense Oud, is slightly different here, but almost same, it focus more on Incense. Gucci Intense Oud is more simplistic, but POTENT! I did test them both for months on cloths, skin and paper, after 4 hours of beast mode projection subtles down, one of the most beautiful Incense comes to play and it last on cloths for weeks, Yes weeks. And it projects. Just because it has simplistic approach it is not just another Oud Fragrance, it could easily compete and win against lot of Niche ouds.

I was deciding what to buy, slightly more artistic Damask Oud 50ml EDT for £125 or 90ml EDP for £132, Damask Oud became redundant, yes It is best, Gucci IO is beautiful it's own way, it is more wearable, and more daring. and dry down is more acceptable and better value for money. and I am sure with time it will get more love.

So my advice is please try it, and enjoy it's intensity with open heart, you will know how beautiful it is.

abood.hawthorne
abood.hawthorne

i trust Gucci thats why i wear such perfume , loved it

shirazia

It’s released in Dubai last week costing AED 645 for 90 ml bottle @ Sephora.
IMO, very cleverly crafted fragrance... its dark, mysterious, very masculine & very long lasting... has a very rich spicy/smoky oud with resinous frankincense & leather accord... I get some cumin note which reminds me of Amouage Fate Man and also get resemblence from Bentley Absolute Men... Overall, a solid release from Gucci... Surely bottle worthy, it will rock hard in winters...
Kudos Gucci... Simply Loved It... Surely, it's very intriguing...

nszlufik
nszlufik

People, 2016 is a typo! It was launchED in 2015 and is already out in stores at least in some locations in the Middle East. Additionally, I tried a more potent version of Bvlgaris Man in Black called 'Intense' which I have yet to see mentioned here on fragrantica. It is strange how you can try something seemingly behind Fragrantica's back lol.

Anyway,
Almost 2 weeks ago I had tried this in a Qatari mall and very much liked it. This is basically Gucci's more masculine take on Oud for the Western masses. Gucci Intense Oud, Polo's Supreme Oud and Versace's Oud Noir have many things in common - out of the three Id say Oud Noir is my pick though. The initial blast of oud in This fragrance is comparable in that it is a dark, thick, rich, sweetish oudy scent that you really want to take a deep whiff of - this quality soon trails into one of three directions. Gucci's take on 'Intense' Oud breaks from its rich, dark, sweet potency and trails off into an Oud scent with spices/incense whereas Polo turns into an Oud with woods and Versace makes an interpretation of a more 'fresh' Oud after its amazing introduction. Gucci Intense definitely has that incensey vibe and it is apparent in the drydown. The new western/designer ouds really need to be compared back to back to really understand their subtleties - they all smell good but dry down rather quickly and in doing so take on different personalities. Gucci's Oud looks like it is in a bottle for women although reps will say it is unisex. It is perhaps a little too fruity/sour for some and thus makes it a little more usable for a woman if they should choose. Gucci Oud reminds me of the earthy/sweet qualities found in a Paco Rabanne XS product. With Gucci Oud seeming more feminine, I was very excited to see this bottle design with the word Oud on it.

TLDR This scent is a great masculine contemporary/western oud scent and does not dissapoint but it would be worth your money to try the other 2 Oudy scents mentioned AND if also the new Bentley for Men Absolute. Similar Accords.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Votes and reviews today, 2015, and the juice is not on the market!!! C'mon, be serious.

ILikePeeps
ILikePeeps

Really? Multiple votes already and multiple people posted comments in the review section and it hasn't even been released yet? This is not the forum.

STOP DOING THAT.
Just. Stop.

Admin(s), please delete the below comments and mine as well.

shirazia

Gucci.... Its been really long.... give us something to rock hard.... something to believe in.... else simply bring back the “Gucci Pour Homme I” and launch the intense version of Gucci Pour Homme II without destructing the current GPH II line.... Hopefully this last & projects like a decent fragrance......

dolcethadon

I do not quite understand the concept of these Gucci Oud fragrances being unisex but having the same old male/female bottles.. I briefly was able to try the original Gucci Oud fragrance and it smelled very feminine to me.. I did not get much oud from that fragrance, more so fruity notes and florals.. So perhaps this Gucci Oud Intense will be like the more masculine version of the original.. The notes look nice so I will definitely try this fragrance when it is released..

Endymion
Endymion

So Gucci Oud is made with the female Gucci by Gucci bottle, and now Gucci Oud Intense is done with the male Gucci by Gucci bottle, yet both are for women and men.
Yeah, they surely have a solid concept behind these releases!
Or not...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Intense Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gucci Intense Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intense Oud by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intense Oud by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay