Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli Guerlain for women

Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli Guerlain for women
dislike

Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli Guerlain for women Pictures

News for 2014 will be successor to the popular fragrance Idylle with a reinterpretation named Guerlain Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli. The fragrance arrives on the market just before Valentine's Day as a floral-chypre ode to love and women's beauty. The perfume contains dominant notes of Bulgarian rose and patchouli, cuddling powdery shades of violet. The composition is embraced by incense and woody notes.

Just like previous editions, Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli is signed by perfumer of the house, Thierry Wasser. The fragrance arrives in characteristic bottle of 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bulgarian Rose Patchouli Woody Notes Violet Incense

L'inspiratrice

Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

curvealert
curvealert

If anyone is considering a speculative purchase on the basis of the notes listed here, I fear you may feel misled. The prices I have seen for this, purely on the basis that it's discontinued, are plain daft. It's simply not that original. This is a very pleasant, feminine floral, your typical light and inoffensive scent for the office. I really like it; it's light but there is something warm and appealing in the dry down.

However, it certainly is not a dramatic rose/patchouli; I can't detect any incense at all, and there is definitely lily-of-the-valley in the composition.

I think this is very similar to the original Duet, which is easier to find and cheaper to source.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Much softer and lighter than what I was expecting. Still a pretty floral scent, but not a stand out rose-patchouli. I'm shocked at the prices on ebay.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

I don't detect any difference between this and the original, and they are both kissing cousins to the Jasmin-Lilas flanker. All are classy and sophisticated. Beautiful depth in the floral notes, very Guerlain feel. A keeper for me.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

@theperfumedve ~ I got this fragrance a couple weeks ago at the Guerlain counter in Hong Kong for @US$100. The original Idylle Duet (2011), which is the same as this Rose-Patchouli is also available now at StrawberryNet for under US$100. I wonder who would have the nerves to jack up the price of this newly relaunched regular line of fragrance.

Guest_theperfumedveil
Guest_theperfumedveil

This is being sold on ebay for almost $300. I cannot ever envision it being worth it, knowing the original.

julieekerr
julieekerr

i really wanted to like this as i like the original and love the lilac jasmine duet. but it just is too heavy and too strong on the balsamic tone. I have rose barbare and this is nice but seems to lack something. i was hoping this would be it.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

So much like Rose Barbare! It's a Guerlain Rose-Patch too, so this is not surprising. I've tested a ton of rose samples today and this is the most sophisticated one I've tried so far. Have Rose Barbare and it's still my favorite rose. Just compared these two; RB stronger I think, but I've tried sooooo many roses today my nose just might be confused. Lovely, lovely fragrance.

Nataja
Nataja

Elegant! This is a skin perfume,it turns heads,non-aggresive,clean sex appeal.A perfume for those who are confident and do not have to try hard..If you like having evening get together's in your backyard garden-then this is perfect!

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Well it is Valentines day in New Zealand and no sign of this perfume.

If Guerlain were hoping to make a killing today, looks like they lost out big time.

Even though I don't get a Valentines present, we gift each other throughout the year and have no need to buy into this holiday, it seems a pity they did not get it right. I would have been interested. Will continue to ask at local stores until I lose interest.

Laretha
Laretha

Where to go and try this when it's available?

I have sephora, neiman marcus, nordstrom, and macy's close by and none of them has any of Idylle versions. I would love to try this one, as I love the classic Idylle... Where do you buy this? Please help me. I live near Seattle.

lunadi.tiempo
lunadi.tiempo

لا استطيع الانتظار حتى الحصول عليها

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.