Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women

Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women
dislike

Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Videos Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Videos Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Videos
Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures Mon Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures

Angelina Jolie was chosen as the face of the new perfume from the house of Guerlain, Mon Guerlain, coming out in March 2017. Jacques Guerlain said: "We create perfumes for the women we admire."

Thierry Wasser was inspired by the "notes of a woman", or "the choices, emotions and dreams that embody modern femininity." The fragrance will be launched for the international market, with the notes of lavender and vanilla. Mon Guerlain was created by Thierry Wasser and Delphine Jelk.

Lavender Bergamot

Swietenia

Mon Guerlain Fragrance Reviews

skriszke
skriszke

I've been for years dedicated fragrantica member, but so far hadn’t set a signature perfume. So far. Mon Guerlain is me, I'm this smell. It feels just like to put on an old shoe, comfortable, fits every inch on my feet. It's not groundbreaking, striking or exuberant.
The opening is real French lavender with a tiny touch of bergamot. After a 15-minute the smoky vanilla takes over. Someone has noted that it resembles on an old-fashioned vanilla aromatic cigarillo, that is completely right description. The smell in all is very airy, untouchable and modest. Just a note on Angelina: I think she is too hard and assertive, surely not airy, that's why she does not fit to this ad. IMO.
Despite that this is a great scent, has a really huge minus point. After an hour I smell nothing from it on my skin, only some trace on my clothes. That is very unfortunate, but for the time being, I can live with it.

socorrosouza

Vanilla, look at the statistics, you are probably anosmic to Mon Guerlain. It happens to all of us with the most disparate perfumes, nobody's fault, you should never blind buy also for this imponderable. On YOUR skin you couldn't smell, others (the majority) will feel the perfume , some will hate and some will love.Other thing that I learned, there are no absolutes in the fragrance world: your discard scent, your absolute stinker is someone's treasure and vice versa.

VANILLA CLOUDS 77
VANILLA CLOUDS 77

Absolutely disappears within 2 hours with hardly if any sillage at all. What a shame because I really loved this scent.
I tried layering it with the lotion still was same. Even cheaper celebrity fragrances are better in sillage and lasting power. When I was wearing it at home Nobody noticed me. The perfume is not fake because I brought it from high end store.
It is also very similar to Jil perfume by Jil Sander that one also contains lavender in high doses and more powdery. I'm talking about the one with clear glass bottle with pink juice although that is a sillage monster and unfortunately not very well known and that's why underrated.
Even some perfume body lotions have hours of moderate sillage whereas this perfume has nose length of sillage. You need to put your nose on it to be able to smell it.
Although it was only introduced in March It's already in discount, it won't be long before it gets discontinued. I'm not surprised. Only regret buying it.

Where is the statement? Where is the Impresson of this perfume?
Invisible tattoo. Yes indeed invisible and unnoticeable.

I don't care if this is a negative review because it is my honest experience.
Don't waste your money on this.

Bad_Girl_Bex
Bad_Girl_Bex

Love, love, love this fragrance. It reminds me of a subtler, more elegant version of White Musk Smoky Rose, which I was really excited to discover as it was so reminiscent of Gloria by Cacherel which itself had been discontinued about 10 years ago. I can smell both of them in this gorgeous sweet, spicy, powdery blend. I don't care if Angelina Jolie was chosen to advertise this. I just love the smell and can't wait to wear it to a wedding this weekend, where it will be the perfect balance between interesting and appealing, without the obnoxiousness of my headier, dominating and attention demanding scents. (Was also really happy to get a free 30ml matching body lotion GWP with my 50ml purchase today too.)

eznorris
eznorris

Guerlain has followed the modern trend of sweet, vanilla-anchored fragrances with this one. I agree with other reviewers that it reminds me of a grown-up version of La Vie est Belle, Flowerbomb, or Agent Provacateur Fatale. At first I turned up my nose at the familiarity, but the addition of lavender and a subtle bergamot makes this one intriguing. I kept smelling my wrist throughout the day, and while sillage isn't enormous on me, the longevity is great.
This isn't the type of unique, mind-blowing fragrance I've come to expect from Guerlain- it's comfortable and safe, but it smells feminine and youthful.

Becw08
Becw08

Oh dear.
I really wanted to like this but it seems to fall into the modern current fad of sickly sweet candy fragrances.
Very poor from the house of guerlain.

Arielrose
Arielrose

Mon Guerlain is the ultimate natural beauty of a fragrance for me. I got a sample of this and knew right away I needed the biggest bottle available. I love all the notes in this fragrance and even though they are simple, the way they all blend together is so beautiful. At first I get the freshness of the Lavender, of course the Vanilla and the Sandalwood and Jasmine give it a perfect base. Lavender doesn't show up often in women's perfume, but I love it so much. It's the best scent for transporting me to lush wild fields full of wildflowers and fresh lavender blooms in Provence. Blended with Vanilla alone it's a super-calming aroma. With the added sensuality of the Sandalwood and romantic Jasmine, it creates a scent that is soothing, sensual, romantic and ultimately elegant. It almost comes together as a honey-like or brown sugar fragrance about mid-way through wearing it. I find that it's a moderate strength that is neither super light or loud. They're not doing some 'groundbreaking' crazy blend here - it's a simple but versatile perfume that smells great for pretty much any occasion, which is actually somewhat hard to find these days.

There seem to be many negative reviews complaining about the use of Angelina Jolie as the model for the scent. I'm not her biggest fan, but I honestly don't care who the model is - if I like the scent it doesn't matter. Lots of people are also saying this is just another generic, pink, gourmand, sickly sweet smell - but I don't agree at all. Sure it has a strong vanilla, but it's not sugary or 'candy' like, unless you immediately associate vanilla with candy. It's an elegant vanilla, made calmer and more grounded by the other notes. Theirry Wasser who was the main perfumer on this scent, also did Dior Addict - which is a top-five favorite of mine.

The bottle used for this perfume is utterly gorgeous, sparkling and a perfect update to a vintage style - it looks gorgeous on my table and is the kind of thing you'd keep for decor long after using the perfume just because it's beautiful. Nothing negative to say here. This is my favorite from Guerlain since 'Champs-Elysees' and I know this will be another favorite for years to come.

Emilleigh
Emilleigh

I totally agree with Nicole5678, it reminds me of Angel, but Mon Guerlain isn't edgy or intolerable in the way Angel can be to some. It's like Angel stopped clubbing and got an office job.
I don't find this overbaringly sweet or syrupy, but I can see how someone who doesn't like sweet frags would find this to be too much.

sanziana29
sanziana29

I am using this perfume since a month now. I had smell a sample in Vogue magazine and I liked it. With very small expectation I bought a little 30 ml bottle from Debenhams and, since then, I had use it every day.
Is not a crowd pleaser, is not similar to LVEB or to Black Opium. Is not foody, is not sweet, like Lolita Lempicka. It's standing at the border of the genres, neither masculine nor feminine. And, yes, it is quite Angelina Jolie. Mon Guerlain is not a good girl perfume. Yes, it can be polite, it can shut up, and it can smile if the etiquette requires. But it still lives on the edge. No, you can't compare it with others Guerlain pefumes – Mitsouko, Shalimar, Samsara...Is not an Insolence, not even a La Petite Robe Noire. Mon Guerlain is standing on it's on. Is a 2017 perfume that celebrates the woman of present, not the woman of past. Mon Guerlain celebrates you. Enjoy it! From the heart of a woman who deeply loves Chanel No 5!

kerryn_sailah
kerryn_sailah

Such a lovely fragrance. It gets complimented when I wear it and is a good quality, long lasting fragrance.

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

Mon Guerlain is lovely. Smells good. I think you should buy it, simply put. But someone would want reasons why, so here goes.

Spicy-aromatic lavender is balanced with warm vanilla, while supporting bergamot (heavy on me, actually) adds bright tartness while tonka grounds everything. It’s simultaneously classic and progressive. A woman of any age could wear this and it would be utterly becoming on her.

However, let me take a moment to discuss MG’s place in cultural perfume trends, which has been controversial. Lavender-vanilla: not new. Sweet: not new. Sweet lavender-vanilla for the 21st century: MIND-BLOWING. I can’t name a single lavender-centric fragrance for women (there are tons for men, but not for women) that’s made such a huge impression since Jicky. Guerlain carried lavender straight from the 19th century to the 21st without ever dropping it. Without trying to cloak it in other notes because it was too “lavender” for the female masses. Jicky is still in production even as MG is launched. That’s impressive. Instead of complaining that MG is too sweet, doesn’t smell like classic Guerlain, doesn’t smell like Jicky, why not enjoy both Jicky and MG for what they are? I’ve never smelled Jicky, but I imagine the comparison is this: MG is to Jicky as Parfum Initial is to Shalimar. We’re fickle human beings who like or dislike each of those four to varying degrees, but no doubt all have made their impact in history. I’m typically more into classic fragrances and not the newer, cloyingly sweet ones. However, as for MG, which has Guerlain beauty completely woven throughout, on to my shelf it goes.

I can’t review MG without referencing Mon Exclusif, because it’s somewhat of a tantamount predecessor (after Jicky), I tried it first over the course of time, and it clearly has a connection and a parallel note structure to the new MG. I begrudgingly voted that yes, MG smells like ME. I was hoping they’d be different enough that I couldn’t compare them (like apples and oranges), or that they’d be so identical that I could forget the rare and expensive ME and replace it with this one. Tantalizingly, the similarity is somewhat in the middle.

Let’s assume for a moment that MG is the new ME. In my review of ME I said it should be dropped in price (it has been), pink (it is), and marketed to young girls in the bow bottle (instead it’s marketed to young women, in the classic quadrilobe flacon). All of this means it’s now more accessible and reaching a much broader audience. That’s all I could ever ask for for a great overall fragrance. Well played, Guerlain. However, if all I had was MG, I’d miss ME. I really feel that ME has better performance. It’s almost as if ME is the eau de parfum and MG is the eau de toilette version of the same scent, in both performance and note combination. I’m more of an EDP person. Most of all, I crave that salty, buttery toffee note that takes prominence over the vanilla in ME, so MG feels like it’s missing something, and maybe it's a little flat.

However, I realize that most people haven’t encountered ME (I only could because I set aside some hard-earned money and made it a priority, but it cost me a pretty penny!). In that case, MG seems whole in itself. It’s a much-loved lavender-vanilla combo that was revived at just the right time in history. It fits in among the sweet perfumes of the day without sacrificing its uniqueness. Sometimes being classical in an age of constant newness IS unique, and MG is classical for the sake of beauty. So, I highly recommend it.

on the noze
on the noze

This is without doubt a lovely fragrance but I have 2 other perfumes in my collection that are nearly the same. They are Manifesto by YSL and Charriol EDP by Charriol and for this reason, my Mon Guerlain is up for swaps for something of equal/similar value.
Must be within Australia though due to our tough shipping restrictions

PM me if your interested please.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

Despite I was very disappointed with Guerlain after reading too many negative reviews for Mon Guerlain, I could not keep myself from testing it in Atlanta 2 weeks ago.
Was it worth it? Oh yes, it was worth my time at the perfume shop.
The opening is like a very modern and bright Jicky. That lavender with citrus was fabulous and uplifting.
Then I smelled a heart of flowers like the ones from Parfum Initial and Soufflé.
Those flowers were toned down by a sweet caramel with toasted almonds and Guerlain's magnificent vanilla.
Is not La vie est belle, but they are related. However while LVEB makes me feel suffocated, Mon Guerlain made me ask for more.
Maybe it's a crowd pleaser, but I really loved it.
Don't see it for teens but is perfect for 20 and up.
Sweet but not childish, sexy but not aggressive, not elegant but chic.
Great and trendy!

ellebunny
ellebunny

This perfume seems to get a ton of bad rap from the fragrance community and hardcore Guerlain devotees (though arguably, these two can actually just mean one and the same thing honestly, haha) and while I consider Guerlain to be among my favourite perfume houses, I actually love Mon Guerlain! Yes, it's sweet, not that unique, caters to modern tastes and maybe *is* a bit too easy to like, but no one else does sweet perfumes with a refined French elegance the way Guerlain does. Among the modern gourmand perfumes that are oh so ubiquitous these days, Mon Guerlain is undoubtedly one of the best iterations of that genre.

Mon Guerlain immediately opens with a sweet, herbal lavender with just enough bergamot to give the impression of fizziness and a bit of sparkle at the top. Then, a decadent gourmand iris makes it's entrance, luscious and buttery in nature; there is nothing vegetal or 'root-y' about the iris, as it is blushing in pastel pink and purple hues. The vanilla is very strong in this, but it's that signature Guerlain vanilla that is sensual, balmy and sumptuous all at once. It is addicting and instantly recognizable if you are familiar with it. The fragrance dries down to soft Guerlain vanilla with gourmand tonka beans that have a marzipan-like facet, all resting on a fuzzy bed of clean white musk. A shade of aromatic pale lavender persists in the drydown, giving the fragrance an air of girly romanticism.

Lasting power is good with at least 8 hours of weartime. Sillage is within an arms length until the 3 hour mark, in which it becomes a skin scent.The quality of the juice is nothing short of Guerlain quality, and I really commend Thierry Wasser for the painstaking time and love he puts into his fragrances and carefully done reformulations of classics. Well-done! :)

Violinplayah
Violinplayah

I would have loved this scent at 18, but would have wondered why anyone would buy it when you can get the exact same smell from a Bath and Body Works body spray for a lot less... The fact that it's too expensive for teens and too adolescent for women leaves me wondering who this fragrance is marketed to. That said, the visual aesthetic is absolutely stunning. I wonder if this fragrance would be half as disappointing if the bottle itself wasn't so beautiful. Imagine this juice in a sparkly, pastel Marc Jacobs type monstrosity - then at least you can predict what you're getting inside.

gatsby
gatsby

Promoting this chemical drug-store "treasure" while you discontinued Parfum Initial - this is the definition of marketing stupidity. Can t say more, even for a well deserved awful description I have no words here. Common, poor, predictible chemical vanilla ganache and something you can always find in the Celine Dion and Beyonce shelves for less than $10.

chinook
chinook

It's not sweet but cloying nevertheless. It's a thick, syrupy and spicy vanilla scent. I usually like vanilla, but not in this context.

amiable
amiable

This is absolutely lovely. I agree with other reviews that describe Mon Guerlain as a bit on the "safe" side, but it is so elegant, it begs to be loved. The softness is immediately comforting; the powdery nature appeals to my maternal instincts and I love it. To me, this is a quintessential mom-scent, but in a most beautiful way. It might be a top choice for a scent I would want my children to smell years later and associate with their mother.

This is different from what I normally wear. To me, this elevates my clothing choices-- I would choose to wear my most feminine and pretty clothes with this perfume (not the perfume I would necessarily wear with t-shirt and jeans). It asks me to be a little more put-together, and that's not always a bad thing.

doniking
doniking

Sexiest women perfume i ever smelled. Really want my gf to wear this.

MonikaC
MonikaC

I was expecting to hate it. I usually hate super sweet, syrupy fragrances such as Armani's Si, Poison Girl, Flower Bomb or Black Opium. This one is different but what else to expect from the house of Guerlain. They produced something for the masses but yet Mon Guerlain is still sophisticated and not your usual sweet fragrance. I would describe it as 50% Poison Girl and 50% La petite robe noire. It is nowhere as complex as the other Guerlain fragrances but if it was it wouldn't be pleasing the masses. On me the lavender notes are quite prominent but not in a chemical cleaner kind of way. The vanilla gets a bit tooth achey at times but just short of cloying. It is a cosy fragrance, easy to like.

For me it is a kind of fragrance that I would wear for my husband. He loves all the sugary ones and till now I refused to wear any of them. I don't know how I feel about the pink colour of the juice though. So cliche and girly...

Longevity is good, silage moderate.

hellovascent
hellovascent

Oh my goodness this is awful. I received a sample yesterday and did not expect this to be such a sweet, cloying, toothe-ache inspiring mess.

I have tested "Mon Exclusif" some time ago and can
find no similarities to this concoction. "Mon Exclusif"
didn't attract me either, to me it smelled like some boring lavender stuff, but "Mon Guerlain" is the nadir.

Where is "My Exclusive Collection"? Was this only a hoax?

I suppose I'll have to stick with Nicolai for the time being if I want some real Guerlain.

Madrona
Madrona

I claimed that Mon Exclusif smelled like a woman walking through a wood shop, her perfume lingering. That lacquer-like vibe is not gone in this composition, but it is subdued under a layer of candied lavender. In fact, everything in this composition is buried under a layer of candied lavender. The fragrance isn't particularly dark nor particularly bright, there's no mystery to it, nor is it extroverted. I love how it smells, but it doesn't make me feel anything. I don't get a physical reaction. There is no imagery appearing in my head when I smell it. Maybe that is exactly the intention, for every woman that likes it and wears it to create her own context.

Nicole5678
Nicole5678

I just can't decide about this one! The top notes were gone very quickly and the heart notes had a distinctly Angel vibe--a well behaved Angel. I love Angel, but wasn't expecting it here. After about the first 20 minutes, find it a little linear. Here, 7 hours later my wrist smells the same, just fainter of course. As a side note, I absolutely HATE the pink juice, like, ok, women can wear things that aren't pink--we're not that fragile. C'mon, Guerlain.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Pretty, the vanilla here is so beautiful. But seems too mainstream for my tastes, like something you would find at any department store

artisy
artisy

This is definitely a pink juice that resembles many of the sweet slightly syrupy fresh perfumes of today. However, coming from Guerlain, you can bet it is beautifully blended and the lavender evokes so much coziness and softness.

This is like catnip to me. It makes me feel so calm and comforted and I cannot keep from smelling it over and over. Love it!

Loads of vanilla with some lavender infused in it. Lasts a great time, sillage is not super strong but not close to skin.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Have you ever seen science fiction movies that 'crazy' scientists bring back to life people from older ages? If yes, then this is Mon Guerlain 2017.

The perfume is nice. Modern and classic at the same time. I haven't smell anything similar to it lately. It's feminine without being absolutely feminine or following the trends of female perfumes. Believe it or not, I can detect a natural bitter almond essence that is the latest trend. The best combination of 'couture' and modern life without being too much or loud.

Not very experienced with Guerlain. I've heard lots of comments about their perfumery and the fight against it. Can't add more info on longevity or sillage, but I can assure you it's about a light, high quality perfume and also a nice start for me to explore more on such a high and respected house, Guerlain.

geanina_gandac
geanina_gandac

This is a modern perfume, with a modern smell made for modern woman. Not bad but not a masterpiece either. It is interesting and full of life. An acknowledgment for the Guerlain house. Young girls did not hear of Guerlain till now. Perfumes like Mitsouko, Shalimar seemed old-fashioned to them, so they did not pay much attention to this house. With Mon Guerlain and Angelina Jolie it is a different story. Now everyone wants to smell this perfume. Angelina was always a fascinating, different woman, so the perfume that she wears must be the same: fascinating and different. We all want to be someone in this world so we try to be different, like Mon Guerlain. It does not have a unique smell but it gives a unique mood, making you feel special.
Although the notes include lavender and iris, I can’t smell them. On my skin there is only vanilla and tonka. Tonka is not one of my favorite note so I can feel it very well. The sweetness given by vanilla it is all that remain on my skin till it vanishes. Not my thing.
I recommend this perfume to girls who need power to fit in this world and energy to go till the end of it. Very good for the spirit. Easy to wear, lasts well

Mohd93
Mohd93

Tested this on my skin today to see what all the fuss is about and ... I really like it!

Although it really reminds me of Poison Girl, I don't know why but to me they're quite similar. This has a bit of Guerlain touch and some Lavender though. I like that the Lavender is soft and smooth, usually it's very aromatic/green/room-freshner-ey. It feels creamy and nutty too. The Vanilla is the most dominant note without a doubt.

Well I don't know what else to say.. a well-made Vanilla scent similar to recent releases from other brands yetit's not sugary, heavy or "too young", like I said, very well made.

Wysteria
Wysteria

A very nicely blended creamy and powdery scent made from high quality ingredients. On me not one single note stands out from the rest. The vanilla and tonka are a nice and soft base for the other notes. It's quite sweet but not in a toothache sweet kind of way. It's really a good girl perfume. But I usually like a bit more controversy.
So even though I like this perfume, I can't say it has the wow factor other guarlain perfumes had one me. Therefore I don't think I'll ever buy a bottle. But saying this is a bad perfume wouldn't do this juice justice. It's very well put together and very likable and will probably sell quiet well (as it should)

;)
;)

Absolutely rises up to meet the quality I expect from Guerlain. Notes are elegant and perfectly blended and last all day on skin and clothes. Romantic...reminds me of sunlight coming through the bedroom window and warming my skin. Pure class.

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

I finally tested this and I have to say that I'm suprised how much I'm loving this. I expected it to be sugar water. I'm not usually one for gourmands but Mon Guerlain is seducing me. It doesn't have the familiar guerlainaid DNA:( but it's still addictive and yummy. It starts off smelling like a thin, watered down la vie est belle. Within a couple minutes after sitting on my skin it begins to morph into something sexy and delicious! I can smell a lot of lavender, Tonka and vanilla. It smells chocolatey! It reminds me a little of a higher quality, better blended and sweeter Covet. This has some complexity, it's also rich and creamy but also fluffy and airy. Within an hour Jasmine and sandalwood are front and center while still retaining sweetness! I'm loving it! Sillage is an arms length on me and longevity is great , it's been 4 hours and it's still going . I wasn't even interested in testing this after reading all the negative comments about it but a friend sent me a sample. I'm so glad I tried this.

Mrs. Do Son
Mrs. Do Son

This perfume has the Guerlain creaminess of Gourmand Coquin without the chocolate notes. It is really nice, definitely a 'like' but I'm not sure the high bottle cost is justified. Maybe I just expected more.

I would be interested in an Intense version. Otherwise it is a nice but easily forgettable fragrance.

Also Guerlain cheaped out with only putting .7mL in the sample. Kind of annoyed with that since they charge so much and other samples contain a lot more fragrance.

Edit: Balloons are poppin' ... ha, was it something I said?

LoriAlyse83
LoriAlyse83

I admit, I am a total Guerlain snob and was not at all optimistic about this, being spoiled by their exclusives and classics. But I received a sample with my Sephora order today and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not big on lavender but this is very mellow. I get lots of vanilla and tonka, which I looove! It smells "very Guerlain"- if you are familiar with the house you'll understand. But it's GOOD! And I have a pretty high bar for Guerlain. *Sigh* I'm still not sold on the Angelina thing though I get why they picked her. She's just not a pink perfume kinda lady imo lol. But the juice is good. The dry down reminds me a bit of Cuir Beluga only sweeter. I'll definitely be picking up a bottle soon! ❤

FrkFors
FrkFors

I do not find his unisex at all. It's utterly feminine, and the lavender here doesn't smell like an old man, but rather like a cold, aromatic flower. The vanilla in this is absolutely delightful! It pares very well with the lavender, making eachother sweeter. But it's not at all cloying. The bergamot follows through the different stages, keeping a certain freshness to the perfume. I also absolutely love the jasmine and the iris together. It's powdery and intoxicating! The drydown is warm, soft and powdery thanks to the sandalwood. Every note blends in with eachother seamlessly. To me, there is a kind of concealed provocative vibe throughout this pefume. It's as angelic and innocent as it is erotic and flirtatious. I feel very feminine and empowered wearing this! I think it's more suitable for women 25+.

Arabian Girl
Arabian Girl

Everything has been already said: a well-blended high-quality vanilla fragrance. I also agree that this could be unisex.
Nothing special or unique, you will probably find it very familiar. But it is indeed very pleasant and classy, and could be considered as a safe blind buy, as long as you're not particularly looking for hidden rare gems.

Smellyfaerie
Smellyfaerie

I've been wearing this for the past 6 days and I guess I am ready to give my two cents (after giving 133€ to Guerlain).

First of all, peace. There will always be bad reviews, specially when it comes to a house with Guerlain's reputation. Everybody is free to like or dislike, but let's remain civil. There is nothing wrong when a house tries to reach a wider audience, that's their business. They don't launch perfumes to please fragranticans. Like it or not, we will always be a minority. They do it to make money, period.

But let's cut to the chase and talk about the perfume. Yes, it is good. Derivative? I wouldn't put it like that. If it reminds me of something, it would be Jicky. And I don't consider derivation when a house revisits a fragrance that is almost 130 years old.

Mon Guerlain, at least on my skin is all about lavender. Not the utilitary lavender essence used on household products, a really great quality lavender, sweetened by what Guerlain does best, vanilla. Moderate projection, said by someone who does and average of 10 spritzes and outstanding longevity.

I see it as a year round safe fragrance, it is not that sweet to the point it would become cloying in summer and it is not dense enough to become a winter only kind of scent. It may not be groundbreaking, but who cares if it smells damn good? Will it become a classic? Probably not, but definitely a best seller.

cstands
cstands

What a perfectly blended masterpiece! Fresh (that's the jasmine and bergamot), sweet (hi there, vanilla and sandalwood) and.... powdery??!! (lavender and iris are in on the action too). How these tones all managed to blend while remaining harmonious and complimentary is beyond my understanding. Yet, each rings at JUST the right "volume".
I picture this is what an elegant "Issey Miyake Poudre" might smell like, if such a thing existed! (Being an Issey fan since waaaay back, this is a big compliment!) And the longevity... wow, even after a shower, I was treated to a glorious 8 hours or so of soft "Guerlaininess".
So pleased to find a subtly sweet fragrance that is neither cloyingly fruity, nor syrupy gourmand.

I forgot to mention it is very similar to YSL Black Opium

CycoEva

fine cigar smoke (tobacco pipe) + creme brule , and the slightest hint of "old spice" , I love this scent , but I can't see myself wearing it. Definitely a warm winter scent, could also be for homme/men.

gtabasso
gtabasso

Basically, I like it but it's derivative and like every other new Guerlain. Vanilla. The top has a little fruity quality. The base is like smoked vanilla. Not sickening sweet but not dry.

AllieJ

Jean Maurice, not everything "mainstream" automatically equals "trash". I could just as easily say your taste is trash. Not all Guerlains are amazing, and perfume smells different on everyone...I experimentally put Miller Harris's Geranium Bourbon on both my husband and myself this morning - and on him it smells like flowery perfume, on me it smells like a heavy-on-the-bourbon cologne. The only trash I see here is your review.

AllieJ

Literally everything Katkin said. I did not like Opium or Flowerbomb at ALL, I do have La Vie est Belle, and I'm about to buy a full size of Mon Guerlain. Reminded me a bit of LaVanila Lavender, which I got rid of because it was too heavy on the lavender to be wearable (I kept thinking of laundry.) This is just right. And again, everything Katkin said below, no point repeating it, but I agree 100%.

fragrance2016
fragrance2016

I've been eager to express myself about this fragrance

However I would have never though that when it was release. My mind was on replacing La Petite Robe Noire and I was still under the spell of Pera Granita.

I think I learn about Mon Guerlain on facebook due to the backlash around Angelina Jolie. I was more curious about the notes in Mon Guerlain, as well as the powder mentioned of Angelina's mother wearing. With it having 'My' in the title I knew it wasn't going to be complex. Then I read the notes. It sounded like what I assume made up the mysterious Guerlainade( the notes that go into all of Guerlain fragrances) So I instantly thought this would be a good layer or base fragrance for all the other Guerlian's. So when I got a sample of this, I layered it with La Petite, and it was amazing. Cruel Gardenia -- amazing! However, did I have enough hedony(as well as funds) to buy a base, layer scent?. (Speaking of perfume houses that center on layering - Mon Guerlain reminds me of Jo Malone very serious but just as lovely, Myrrh and Tonka)

So did I have enough hedony ...As of last week, yes I did! So yesterday, while attending a Phillip Glass Opera, I finally wore this fragrance alone.and it was just divine and beyond! A layer fragrance this was not!(not only)

While at the opera, this utter sophistication kept steaming up from my body. In my seat I was engulf with that Guerlain vanilla I love, that smokiness I associate with Shalimar. Was this actually created/release a few months ago--this century?! Mon Guerlain is so well made it seems as if it creation date should have been lodge between L'Huere Blue and Shalimar.

Yes I smell the Lavender, but it all about the tonka and vanilla , and sandalwood for me. It a total Guerlain suffocation, along with the bottle, the quadrilobe, most associate with Jicky. It is what really drew me to the fragrance.

While watching 'Jackie' with Natalie Portman , there was a scene in which Jackie look sullen in a medicine cabinet and the camera pan below and there sat 3 Guerlain fragrance( Jicky was her favorite). After seeing this and realizing how everything aligned, I had to purchase this(and the bottle) and I was so glad I did.

Here's hoping this will join the legions of other fantastic Guerlain scents. With its price point, It seems as if it was meant to bring the novice that came to Guerlain by way of La Petite and eventually get them to enjoy greats like Shalimar (this is Tonka Imperial or Angelique Noire at a reasoned price point --66$ for 1 oz).

Yes, Mon Guerlain is an invisible tattoo but could very well become an iconic one. Just a really great scent.

davidlong13
davidlong13

This a modern masterpiece!

Guerlain are such a timeless brand that always manage to take risks with their amazing repertoire of scents.

The first spray of Mon Guerlain evokes a floral gourmand. I instantly get a hit of Vanilla and Lavender. An unusual combination. Nevertheless, a beautiful one at that.

Once the perfume settles, the lavender disappears slightly but still lingers in the background. It is at this point where the true scent of Mon Guerlain is unveiled.

My final thoughts:

Stunning fragrance, it doesn't have groundbreaking longevity and is also very versatile for day and evening wear. All in all, I'd rate it 8/10.

Paulie129
Paulie129

On initial impression it reminded me of those sugar coated almonds you often receive at weddings ... soft and lovely ... but the dry down is so generic on me, and sillage AND longevity is poor (as others have noted also).

The bottle is beautiful (however you don't wear the bottle) and it is a Guerlain (but there are more beautiful, mainstream Guerlain fragrances out there).

The 2 big notes in this are lavender and vanilla, and for me this lavender/vanilla combo is done much better in Chanel's Jersey.

... a masterpiece it isn't.

cookieal
cookieal

i just got a small sample.
this lavender note, is killing it , for me.
over all dull and flat, almost cloying.
i love lots of guerlain perfumes, insolance glace being my fav.
this one is just not for me.

katkin
katkin

I have to echo what possumke wrote below - I wasn't sure about this at first (for me, the bergamot opening is quite strong) but the more I wear it, the more I love it. It becomes soft, sweet, feminine, delicious, comforting - a fragrance that would entice people into your orbit just to bask in its loveliness. It can't be that similar to Black Opium, LVEB, Flowerbomb etc because I really dislike each of them yet I adore this. I keep reaching for it and when I've worn something else and go back to it, I sigh with pleasure to be surrounded by it again. At first I thought it didn't last but again, the more I wear it the longer I notice it! I was so excited when I read the list of notes before it was released because it sounded like something I could fall for...and what do you know? I have! I cannot understand all the nastiness that this fragrance is receiving - if you don't like it, that's fine you really don't have to but it certainly doesn't deserve to be dismissed as bad or generic, or as some have written imply the purchasers/lovers of this fragrance are without good taste. There are plenty of highly regarded fragrances out there that just don't do it for me...do I consider them to be bad because of it? Heavens no! I would never presume to be so arrogant as to think so...they just don't suit me and that's fine too, because I don't need them...I have Mon Guerlain :-)

aliciacb828
aliciacb828

Got a sample of this fragrance, it smells like a slightly better put together version of Dior Poison Girl. Not so sickly sweet and cloying but they smell VERY similar. Considering that most people consider YSL Black Opium and Poison girl to be almost carbon copies of each other I would say if you own one of the above you don't need this too. If you haven't purchased any of them yet I'd just pick the best/cheapest one out of the three and buy that. I have just managed to sell my poison girl and am debating getting rid of Black Opium and so for that reason probably won't purchase this fragrance

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

If I have to be brutally honest I'll say Guerlain lost their root with this one. Why do I know? Because I actually get along with this perfume like those from Dior. Yes, DIOR. While Mon Guerlain contains all the guerlainade notes its style and development is much more like Dior (Addict for example). The complex shifting of notes is gone, the extremely feminine "in your face" cosmetic puff is gone, and what's left is aromatic lavender that dries down to vanilla tonka base with a touch of iris. It's really good, yes, but something is missing.

In comparison I much prefer the daring nature of Mon Exclusif. It was sweeter, more powdery, and "buttery" -- I seriously miss that butter note which gives Mon Exclusif that dessert-like greasiness. Quite hard to pull off, but different enough to differentiate it from other perfumes. It is substantial with maybe too much lace, but that's what makes Geurlain Guerlain.

So it's funny. I find this sweet powder Guerlain less uncomfortable but at the same time I don't like it. Should've gotten Mon Exclusif when it was around. Sigh.

Awater01
Awater01

I had to think about this one for a while because there seems to be a little controversy about it. I have to admit I'm in the camp of those that love this scent. It's simply beautiful and undeniably a quality product. I don't understand the criticism against making something with mass appeal, like any company ever would be against making a product people really liked. Oh no, the success! But seriously, there are a lot of similarities to Mon Exclusive, which I personally found too busy. In Mon Guerlain, however, it's like they took the concept of Mon Exclusive and stripped it right back to the basics and then fine tuned them. The harmony of the notes is so perfectly balanced that it's simplicity belies it's brilliance. I love how comforting it is. It invokes memories of childhood days running your hands in lavender bushes in the sunny garden. I'm finding it perfect for the mild Autumn weather recently. It's a little fresh, but so very comforting and warm. I get interesting accents emerge throughout the day, a solar note here and buttery toffy note there. Like a good song it never gets boring. I don't agree that it's generic because I find the use of lavender to be rather rare in the fragrances made for women. It's a common fragrance in home and cleaning products though so maybe that's where the complaint comes from.

Intoner
Intoner

Nice soft powdery vanilla. On my skin, at first, it smells like bug spray (Because of the Lavender, I assume.) then settle into crumbly vanilla which go a little bit to gourmand side. As most people mentioned, It doesn't have wow factor. Just one of the nice perfumes that I will remember because Angelina Jolie is the face of it.

Oh The salesclerk told me that all the profit from this perfume equal to Jolie's income for the commercial will goes to the charity because she doesn't want the money. Isn't she lovely?

possumke
possumke

I can't believe it, I have fallen in Love !
This is stunningly beautiful and a true masterpiece. I almost gave up on Guerlain because I could not find one fragrance from this house that agreed with me, but this is it. In the beginning I wasn't sure, but after several days of wearing this beauty, she got to my heart. I just love the dry down, so softly sweet and powdery, utterly feminine, the epitome of comfort and joy :)

9.5/10

ClaireRr
ClaireRr

I prefer l'Instant Magic. When will the maison Guerlain release a really new and classy perfume?

nektarinka
nektarinka

Sweet, familiar smell that is found in so many fragrances, nothing new or groundbreaking - so common, bit cloying, identical to Mistero di Roma by Laura Biagotti or Lacoste Sensuelle /purple bottle/ so sweet probably suitable for younger girls due to sweetness.
Nice - but not unique and not worth buying a bottle as you would have a similar perfume somewhere already.

culeyule67
culeyule67

I'm going to go out on a limb here and describe it as Indecence-Light; though the notes are completely different, the atmosphere is quite similar. I will undoubtedly draw the ire of the Indecense's well-deserved cult following, and yet this was my impression of Mon Guerlain.

Indecence certainly is a more powerful scent - which makes it not that office-friendly, whereas this one would certainly fit in well.

I agree that it isn't necessarily exceptional, and is vaguely reminiscent of other undeterminable scents, albeit more refined and elegant, as Guerlains frequently are.

On me - a LOT of vanilla, which I associate more with colder weather in the fall. Doesn't quite make it to winter, though.

MsBacall
MsBacall

The bottle is exquisite. Simply chic. Upon first spritz, I am hit with a fresh and spicy mix of citrus and lavender. After the citrus dies down and the jasmine wafts through and eventually I am left with a scrumptious vanilla that reminds me of Shalimar Initial.

I do love this perfume. It is quite contemporary and provides a lovely snapshot of what fragrances are popular right now. It is blended beautifully and feels luxurious and approachable. This would be a wonderful gift to a young person just starting out on their perfume journey. This is totally safe for the office or for the no fuss kind of person. It is simple, chic, and modern. I believe this is a gateway drug to those new to Guerlain.

On me this scent lasts 10+ hours. My coworkers commented on how yummy I smelt today. At the end of the day, I am left in cloud of vanilla and sandalwood. Perfect spring scent. Just want I needed.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

My local Macy's has a tester of this, hidden behind the counter out of view. If I hadn't asked I would have never found it. The oh so generous SA sprayed a card for me, I didn't even get to touch the bottle! (Can you tell I dislike Macy's?). She said they will be getting it in next week.
Anyway, 12 hours later the card is on my kitchen table scenting the room. I like it, it smells familar but I can't put my finger on what yet. La Vie est Belle comes to mind but that can't be it. Sweet, yes, but rich and the lavender seems to even things out. I may buy the small bottle, my birthday is coming up.

kay_dee
kay_dee

tested this on weekend... i dont get much of vanilla, every now and then. to me it's more of freshness & bit citrusy, must from lavender and bergamot. somehow it reminds me of a perfume i smelled before or similar to perfume i owned. still it's very feminine, young & soft.. good for everyday use.

i would prefer something like LPRN (i do have LPRN couture, terracota, shalimar souffle).

pookerella
pookerella

Well,I finally figured out when the word "Mon" precedes any name of a perfume, that means its target audience is 16-25.

Not a "woman's" perfume. Young woman, perhaps. Kind of like Angel without the Patchouli and much softer? It reminds me of so many perfumes, I can't name any one in particular, just that it smells like everything else today. Nothing special here. A few people said it's "pink?!" Sorry, but no. Look at the ingredients, no pink there. The water is colored pink. That's it.

Sandalwood and vanilla…yawn. If there is any citrus or lavender in this, they're hiding it pretty well. Maybe the initial blast? Sorry, that not enough! It's a bit blurry, too. Not very distinct. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Meh. It's all been done before. And the fact that Angelina Jolie is the face of this perfume makes me think it should've been called "Mon Vol."

WildDove
WildDove

Vanillic, light pink, feminine. Well-done, classy, understated. Hint of spice and/or tobacco, which I like. Fortunately, I don't get the lavender. Gorgeous bottle. Easy to underestimate this beauty.

lynnie131.1
lynnie131.1

This was a blind buy based on reviews, and I love it, very soft and vanillic, smells like cherries a little in the beginning, I don't get the lavender at all. I wish it was a little stronger, I feel like it's gone after 2 hours and I find myself reapplying often which for the price is unfortunate. But I will wear it happily as it is a very pretty soft feminine scent IMO.

khavengilbert
khavengilbert

It was love at first sniff for me. I was so happy that this scent agrees with my skin. Light but strong, not nauseating or offensive strong. 6 hours and it's still going strong. According to my friend, I smelled like a "cloud wafting by as she passed me. I'm 47 and both my daughters who are 24 and 26 loved it too so I say this perfume is ageless. This was my April choice from Scentbird and it's my best one yet. Full bottle worthy and just in time for Mother's Day!

tukamark
tukamark

A beautifully crafted fragrance. It was love at the first time I laid eyes upon it. It was a plus, that my muse Angelina Jolie was the face for this majestic creation, but when I sprayed it on myself, I knew I am going to have to get this. It is so regal. The beautiful vanilla mixes with the jasmine and the slight woodiness and it creates an extraordinary experience. Guerlain once again, proved itself to be one of the most outstanding perfume creator, as Mon Guerlain shines. It contains mystery, sexiness and pure elegance.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

Quoting Bruno Mars...'Lucky for you, that's what I like, that's what I like, silk sheets soft undertones and diamonds all white' as it a little fresh, due to the pretty lavender note & stays so pure throughout. Mon Guerlain indeed has this punchy, spicy & warm start but it's not long before it soon mellows to give a amazing ' I can't stop sniffing myself & burying my nose in my tops', super comforting sensual almond vanilla & sandalwood base when it embraces my skin. A huge break through for me, because it's my first Guerlain i have actually fallen in love with, big thanks also to my uk frag friend because of her abundance generosity i now smells like a million dollars.

NinaLew
NinaLew

After the initial bergamot dissipated, I found the scent very familiar - not unpleasant, but not something I would like to wear. The next day I realised the drydown is identical to Purewick Lavender Fields air freshener

hyoid666
hyoid666

I think most of the reviews here are pretty much my sentiments exactly. Mon Guerlain is sweet, playful, youthful, bright, and so very conventional! Now, to clarify, this isn't a bad perfume. It's not boring or predictable, but it is *conventional*, which by that I mean if you smelled it on someone else in public it's not instantly recognizable in anyway. It uses the same framework of notes that are practically in every major modern popular feminine scent. Obviously those notes are being recycled for a reason, they smell good! It is well balanced, the fragrance doesn't even begin to waiver. Each note of sweetness and floral grace stands strong on it's own. It's a perfect fragrance for everyday wear. But to stand out? To give yourself a unique identity? To make some kind of statement? You'd have to look elsewhere. Overall, quality you'd expect from Guerlain, a good 7/10

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I absolutely love this fragrance on other people, however sprayed on myself it isn't all that. Which is such a shame.
The scent just changes so much on my skin.

I do however really enjoy smelling this on other people, I find it very feminine and sophisticated yet a little sassy. It definitely does have an edge to it but unfortunately just wasn't for me.

nathalie87

I can see now that it might be the jasmin note that makes me think of angel and alien as they both have this note in the pyramid.

nathalie87

I have had this for about two weeks now and I have to say I love it more and more! I have had my flowerbomb and la vie est belle and I dont think this smells the same, fb and lveb always turned into something really sweet on my skin.. like cotton candy, and I have never like that. This one has a powdery sweetness but not sugar sweet. This is much more elegant and classy. Sometimes it remindes me of some thierry mugler scent, like a mix between angel and alien. Wierd I know.. but not bad! And please dont shy away from this because you dont like thierry mugler, the smell is not the same! It just gives me the same vibes. I really like it and find it very addictiv, it is easy to wear as it is not a "loud" perfume but still has great longevity!

miss mills
miss mills

Tried this on a recent trip out of town and was surprised by its lack of longevity and sillage. Literally couldn't smell it after 45 minutes. A perfectly acceptable and pleasant "everywoman" scent, on a par with L'Instant although L'Instant is more giving of both presence and time. There are far better Guerlains to be had but if just smelling nice is your aim, this will easily do. Just my opinion, don't shoot me please...

jellybeantree

Decodawn , I spray twice a day in the morning and before I go to sleep . I have about 25 - 30 ml left of a 100 ml bottle . I would bathe in it if I could ! Hahahahha!

Siv55

I'm fascinated that so many seem to think this smells generic and yet the "this perfume reminds me of" bar shows nothing but Mon Exclusif which is discontinued. So many seem to think Mon Guerlain is the exact same fragrance remarketed and yet none of the reviews for Exclusif that I can find say it's generic, so I wonder if half the impressions are in the name alone. Exclusif? Then so it must smell different! Mon Guerlain kind of doesn't even have a proper name! If this stuff is so generic can we have a few more suggestions please as to what it's a dupe of? Preferably cheapies :D

Truth is i finished my 50 ml in a month!!
That stuff is addictive, easy to wear, pretty, and yes the quality Guerlain although it isn't your typical Guerlain.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

Smells nothing like Carolina Herrera. That's almost an insult. This is beautiful stuff.

Larsfenn
Larsfenn

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

Decodawn

Hi Jellybeantree I can't believe what I've just read! You have finished a 100ml bottle already!? it was only available from 1st March 2017 that's only
6 weeks! And a large bottle costs £96 here in the UK!
100ml bottle contains 1500 sprays. Even being quite liberal with 8 sprays a day the bottle should last at least 6 -7 months.
Have you been bathing in it or using it as air freshener? As your extravagant usage is the equivalent of 250 sprays a week or 35 sprays a day!!
Mon Guerlain is a very long lasting fragrance so only 2 squirts needed and Mon Guerlain lasts at least 7 hours!

jellybeantree

I'm almost finished a full large bottle . Been wearing it everyday since I got it . I can understand why many of you think it smells like a lot of other fragrances . Skin chemistry is everything and yes it is sweet and pink and has vanilla ...... blah blah. I still think it's a lovely fragrance regardless . I find the lavender that extra ingredient that makes it stand apart from the sweet fragrances . I wanted it to be my signature but as the weather gets warmer I will wear something else . I think it's an excellent winter and fall fragrance. I will repurchase again someday I'm sure . Now off to the next .

Decodawn

Hello from Deco Dawn. Mon Guerlain is a modern masterpiece for the modern woman in 21st Century. I adore this fragrance. I had a sample given to me in store and sprayed from the bottle on the counter. I was not very impressed to start with but later on all I could smell was this gorgeous rich, sensual fragrance. It builds and climbs starting very fresh almost citrus lemon and lavender to the heart of jasmine and sandalwood which is in my mind a slightly masculine edge and finally the comfort and sensuality of vanilla. This fragrance is going to be a new best seller it is age irrelevant and suitable for all. It is New and not like any other fragrance it is not reminiscent of Guerlain in days gone by but edgier and very now. Angelina Jolie is the perfect choice as the Ambassador for this fragrance. I admire her enormously and she has given all her earnings for advertising to charity. A remarkable woman who wears a remarkable fragrance. A huge thumbs up. Try it you will love it.

_christine_
_christine_

I've spent a few days with Mon Guerlain before reviewing it. It smelled so familiar, but not Shalimar, and not Shalimar Parfum Initial or even Mon Exclusif. Mon Exclusif was closest but that not what I was remembering. Finally, I was struck by a perfect sense memory and I'm going to admit the truth - Mon Guerlain smells A LOT like 1970's Loves Baby Soft. Note by note, you can make the comparison: lavender, vanilla, jasmine dominate both. (Not the modern Baby Soft mix which has super cheap patch and musk. I mean the old good stuff).

As Mon Guerlain dries down, the iris and sandalwood get there and the Love's Baby Soft vibe wears off, but that top note is total Love's.

I like Mon Guerlain. I'm not sorry I bought it. But it's sort of a disappointment that it's so unoriginal. I think Thierry Wasser is brilliant and he can clearly do incredibly original fragrances that are also quite marketable. Mon Guerlain will likely be a great commercial success, but it's not up to Guerlain's or Wasser's best (or even mediocre) work.

Edited to add: My mom and I have been going back and forth for days trying to pin down what MG smelled like. I called her tonight and without even a hello said "Love's Baby Soft" and she said "Yes. Exactly." I might have broken the heart of my Guerlain-loving mama.

ddsnyrs
ddsnyrs

I received a sample of this perfume. Absolutely love it. I feel it smells the same as the Lacoste eau do Sensuelle. I am not sure which one I like better though. Or which one of the two last longer either. The two perfumes are very fresh and feminine.

korrocks
korrocks

Gotta disagree with you on the Armani Sì thing, Lom...

There really is no comparison, since they are really different takes on vanilla, and Mon Guerlain is kind of flat and heavy, and Sì is bright and fuzzy.

Also, don't harp on people you guys, it's not nice. Fragrantica is a comunity, and as Eva said, she has the right to her opinion.

Peace and love, y'all!

(Also, it's A*Men, not A*Man...)

Lom
Lom

This perfume is quite generic but it is nice and cheerful and very sweet. It reminds me a bit of A*Man by Mugler. Angelina Jolie is a good face for this perfume, she is beautiful and talented but the movies she plays in are usually blockbusters made mainly to entertain.
Much better than Armani Sí.

Eva Wu

Not questioning the legendary status of Guerlain, or the talent of Wasser, or the fact that many people like this thing...

Just saying it's not very good and that I won't be wearing it.

I've got the right to an opinion Genny.

Guerlain has been making fragrances for 150 years!! I don't think they need anything to keep them afloat , and Mon Guerlain has the quality , Thierry Wasser is a master as making masterpieces of more modern perfumes, it smells like quality to me, and to many, many others.

Bah... Humbug...

Call me a scrooge, but I don't see the appeal.

I mean listen, I'm a fan of vanilla as much as the next girl (as my addiction to Armani Sì and La Vie Est Belle prove), but this one is just banal.

I really like Guerlain, and have fallen in love with many of their creations (Terracotta is my ultimate summer fragrance, and Shalimar is untouchable.)

But this one is not Guerlain. I'm guessing they needed a new perfume in their line to keep the boat afloat, and that's fine with me, but I definitely won't be wearing this anytime soon...

(Also if you want a nice, radiant lavender-vanilla, why not just wear Jicky?)

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Simple thoughts..sweet, easy to wear in a crowd without gagging people. If you hug someone they will say 'mmmm you smell good'....it smells like white wedding cake.

Personal thoughts, I would never buy this. It's not deep enough for my liking. It doesn't feel very Guerlain. If you said this was another form of the Aquolina Pink Sugar line it wouldn't surprise me...Guerlain? This surprises me.

I try to find beauty in all artistic expressions and so I don't hate this, it's nice but it's not so amazing or noteable that it's worth the buzz it's gotten in the fragrance community.

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

Well after all the dissin' and discussion I had to try. The notes, despite everybody's ridicule sounded awesome (I LOVE lavender). Lavender on its own can be a bit soapy or astringent or just plain herbal. Well. There is pretty much no lavender in this. Any hopes for new territory with lavender and vanilla--gone. This is just...so pathetically generic, so hopelessly mall, so awful. This is not niche. This is not new. This is not...Guerlain as we have known it in the past. It is not young, or old. It is banal.
And that brings me to marketing. I'm one of the few that is taken by Angelina Jolie--while her adventure films are dreck, she has acted rather well in the past and has directed some decent films, and focuses on violence, poverty, war and corruption in war-torn countries, (so a force for good) and hey, a female actress pilot. Other aspects of her life seem strange, but at the end of the day she is a presence.
This scent is not. It is just some kind of fruity, floral floss. I don't find it as "sweet" as others do--but just an iteration too often done. If a woman (man) wears this and walks by me, I won't know what it is--and I won't care. They might just have chosen the Fruit berry dryer sheets over the Woodland Fresh ones for all I will know. Synthetic vanillaish, generic fruitiness with some kind of floral melange. It smells like a fruitchoulli. I wish there was lavender...For those dying to try, get yourself a carded sample. Then be glad you didn't go for that full bottle.
On a five-star scale--no stars.

leannaeliset
leannaeliset

I don't even know if I like this or not.

I wanted to, so deeply, after reading a description of it that referenced Jack Black's character in The Holiday, when he looks to Iris (Kate Winslet) while playing a song he wrote for her on the piano, and says...."I used only the good notes." That reference instantly had me rushing to the store to test this out.

It is a pleasant, inoffensive fragrance. The lavender is fresh and faint. There would be more lavender, if it were up to me.

But, after the faint lavender, I get this BOMB of sweet and vanilla and fruit that I don't know if I really like. It then kind of melts into a sweet generic fragrance, something I've smelled time and time again, nothing unusual or particularly memorable.

That said, it is clean, and generically pretty. I love the pairing with Angelina Jolie. This perfume is definitely a bit of an homage to South of France with its lavender open, so there is a very timely and suitable association with Ms. Jolie. I was perhaps expecting something a little extra. A *hint* of something that harkened back a bit to her....wilder days. I think that would complicate and fill out the fragrance well.

pearlbelle
pearlbelle

I really enjoyed this perfume. The sandalwood in this, it's delightful! And I love how soft the lavender is as well, the vanilla and jasmine are mixed to create a sweet gourmand. I've not smelled LVEB or Mon Exclusif, so I can't compare, but I'll probably enjoy LVEB as I liked the smell of this!

sparkybish
sparkybish

The opening of this really reminds me of Revlon's Unforgettable, which I wore in the 90's. The jasmine and sandalwood really standout, the drydown in vanilla wood, with a whiff of tobacco. Maybe pipe tobacco. Sadly, I get no lavender. If you aren't a fan of lavender, give it a test, it may be a no show for you too. It doesn't project very far, but if you put your nose right up to where you sprayed, it is heady.

LadyIva
LadyIva

I wasn't even interested in trying this fragrance - I'm neither a fan of gourmands nor of Angelina Jolie - but yesterday at the Frankfurt Intl Airport an overzealous sales assistant at the duty free literally showered anyone who walked past her in Mon Guerlain, which is how I ended up doused head to toe in this pink muck. Now, I love the house of Guerlain and I've enjoyed many of their fragrances over the years - L'Heure Bleue, Shalimar, Samsara, Champs-Elysees, Idylle, the entire Insolence series, L'Instant, and even LPRN (although I got tired of that last one pretty quickly and gave it to my sister). But Mon Guerlain is simply... meh. The initial blast isn't too sweet, actually it's a bit sourish and cold, with bergamot and lavender, so I began to wonder 'Where's that sweetness that everyone's talking about?!' And then, five minutes later - kaboom! The vanilla kicked in and it became so sugary sweet that my teeth were aching! Obviously Thierry Wasser is being pressured by LVMH into creating these play-safe fragrances that are expected to sell. However, such an old and revered perfume house is supposed to set the trends, not to blindly follow them. Besides, customers who love this type of fragrance probably already own all those Flowerbombs, LVEBs, Fancies, Victoria Secrets, Juicy Coutures and whatnot, so why would they wanna spend another +100 $€£ on Mon Guerlain? Makes no sense to me.

Matt Abdul
Matt Abdul

Just try it today.

Mon Guerlain drydown is same like Viva La Juicy Gold Couture.

But i dare to say Viva la Juicy Gold Couture smells much more interesting and better than this.

creamy powdery nice fragrance

chanka
chanka

I am very confused
I love Guerlain i have maybe six -seven parfums from this incredible house
Insolence, l'heure blue, meteorites, l'instant magic, acqua allorgia and more
But this one it is similar too many ... many fragrances come to my mind when i smell it
I am not sure if i will be able to identify it like shalimar or insolence
Its something very nice there, powdery lemony but whole idea is just as many perfums at least on me..

thesheppardess
thesheppardess

Get yourself comfortable, this could be a long read.
First of all, I must confess that I love Guerlain and have tried to appreciate all of the fragrances that this venerable house has released, be they from 90 years ago or from last week. I have even tried to appreciate LPRN. (I am jesting.)
Last year, I sampled Mon Exclusive and it was ok but I really think I had mixed it up with another fragrance.
It was with a certain amount of trepidation, that I approached Mon Guerlain this year. The reviews have been at least mixed, if not at times - contentious. The other thing that made me wait to test was the lavender, listed as a top note. I am not fond of lavender; it can be a deal breaker for me.
So how can I explain MG?
If there is lavender, I don't detect it. It is not like Jicky.
There is some sweetness, but not like LPRN.
There is a similarity to L'Instant but without the sharpness of honey.
There is a healthy dose of vanilla/iris/guerlainade that makes me think this is from a house that created Spiriteouse Double Vanille and Angelique Noire. Perhaps the quality is a bit lower but the price reflects that. I would suggest that this might be the business class of Guerlain. Not "first class", nor is it "tourist".
The notes I detect are, a little bergamot, then a good amount of iris, vanilla, tonka, jasmine, and only the faintest hint of sandalwood. Guerlain took all my favourite notes and put them into one bottle. They were very light handed with the two notes I find troublesome. I am very happy. Yes, I will go out on a limb and say that I adore this fragrance.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Crisp, fresh and dewy. It is a perfect spring fragrance. It isn't strong it radiates within arms length and lasts about 2 hours on my skin, but lasts longer on clothes. Overall, I am very happy with this one. It is very pleasant and becomes addictive because it is so easy to wear. It is a feel good one for sure, but very natural, It reminds me of and makes me feel like I am having one of those days were sunlight is pouring in through the curtains and it is my day off work. For me this fragrance is happiness. It is fresh clean, crisp, classy and sophisticated but modest and natural, not at all ostentatious. This fragrance is spring sunlight. I would definitely recommend. I best describe the scent as creamy soft yellow and white floral, but not heavy floral- it is very toned down, hence creamy and soft. I love it and I will be purchasing this one. Very good spring fragrance.

overall 7/10

Absolutely nothing at all like Ghost sweetheart or flowerbomb to me. I can see the resemblance to La vie, it has the same feel but not the same smell, this fragrance is not sweet at all, not naturally or synthetically- it is creamy floral and creamy tonka been.

esmerelda69
esmerelda69

Now I love Samsara, Nahema, Jicky and best of all Mitsouko but I thought I'd go for something a bit what I call 'Mainstream' perfume. Acceptable as a pleasant aroma in a crowd. This one is just that. I like it for the times when I don't want to stand out in a crowd.. Creamy and soft with a little Bergamot tang in there. It doesn't have the personality of the older perfumes by Guerlain but it's still rather nice.

jellybeantree

Ok I've been loving this for weeks now and the temperature has gone up to the teens now so very spring like and now this fragrance doesn't seem to last as long on me . I want to make this my signature but if it is this light in warmer months I might have to reconsider .......Will update , overall a sweet fragrance done beautifully . Really well executed so I am on the fence about the lasting power.
I really wanted this to be my signature but I am still not sure ...... I just got a niche perfume as a gift and have stopped wearing this without missing it .

Little_dragon
Little_dragon

I love this fragrance. For me the lavender and bergamot are the stand-out notes; all the notes are in sweet, creamy balance with one another from the moment it's no longer airborne to the last moment it's no longer detectable on the skin. This fragrance smells expensive -- and it is. I only wish it lasted longer. For an EDP, its longevity is lacking. Pairing it with the Mon Guerlain lotion and ensuring you also spray your clothes helps. I'm in need of a new signature fragrance, and this is a serious contender.

nathalie87

Remindes me of ghost sweetheart. Nothing like flowerbomb and la vie est belle. This is more innocent. Not weaker but more angelic and powdery. It also actually remindes me a little bit of a fragrance for men.. I think it might be prada amber pour homme (which I love) it is not a masculine scent at all but there is a note that just remindes me of this fragrance.

Percoon
Percoon

Absolutely wonderful and long lasting. Feminine and creamy with a crispy opening. Spring must have for me!

Rux2589
Rux2589

A pleasant surprise. This is a very welcome specimen in the endless sea of Flowerbomb-type releases. Crowd pleaser? Probably. I don't have a problem with that as long as the crowd cultivates good taste.

Oh yes, and the lavender note is superb. The only thing that actually prevented me from buying a bottle is the dry-down which mainly consisted of vanilla and was not all that impressive.

Antares811
Antares811

Mon Guerlain is amazing.
Tried yesterday, I already have a big bottle.
This scent is so elegant, feminine and lovely!
The opening is fresh and floral with lavender, jasmine and bergamot. Then it turns into a delicate, soft, delicious scent, warm, powdery, cozy, slightly sweet.
The lasting power is good, better on paper, on my skin it's a skin scent after a couple of hours. I'll try layering with its body lotion.
Absolutely marvellous, one of the best vanilla fragrances.
Great nose, Mr Wasser.

SpudMurph
SpudMurph

I bought two bottles of this yesterday - one for my daughter, who is pregnant, and one for myself. It became our 'mothers' day' fragrance immediately. Neither of us cared remotely about the Angelina Jolie aspect, neither of us compared the perfume with any other. We both just instantly loved it. I have an extensive wardrobe of vintage and classic perfumes including many Guerlains, and my daughter is very experienced with perfume, having sold niche ones in the past. She and I both noticed a note in this perfume others haven't mentioned. For me, it's the smell of a freshly opened packet of cigarettes. I mentioned it to the sales assistant and she grinned and said 'silk cut'! My daughter adores the powderiness of this fragrance. It smells entirely different on me. It's deeper and smoother. For both of us, it is unique, which makes the name all the more appropriate. Very definitely 'mon' Guerlain. Also, I loathe lavender AND vanilla but was not offended by their presence in this perfume. I think it's perfectly lovely.

Filomena
Filomena

This is a nice and simple lavender and vanilla combo. (the fragrance industry should release more lavender fragrances for women in my opinion)
It is also elegant and light. Not at all sweet on my skin but dry and perfect for work.

The only negative thing I can say about it is poor longevity...

greydove
greydove

I find it incredibly funny how everyone is glomming on to this when it smells just like Mon Exclusif. I guess you add on a famous celebrity and a wide ad distribution and the same exact perfume is suddenly more interesting. Well played, Guerlain, well played.

lulami
lulami

I fortunately got a sample of this perfume a couple of days ago and I am testing it only now. Well let's start saying that the opening is a little bit weird, I mean it's like the notes explode all at once and I can smell all of them. It doesn't follow the classic scheme of a perfume with the opening of the top notes first but it's a blast of bergamot, lavender, vanilla, sandalwood and coumarin at the same time. But it doesn't take a lot of time to settle down to a mostly powdery perfume to my nose that is accompanied all the way long with hints of fresh and sweet notes. Bergamot and sandalwood and vanilla are there all the time.
This being said, I don't find this formula a particularly innovative one. Since I first came to contact with it I knew I had smelled this perfume before, a long time ago in my life, when I was little and I knew so little about perfumes. It's almost nostalgic. I mean this is how a wealthy lady smells like in my head and I believe I have this concept because this is how rich ladies smelled like when I was a child. I can picture them clearly in my mind passing me by in my childhood period and leaving behind their perfume trail that smells exactly like this. So this perfume is not new in my memory and maybe this is why I'd like to have it in order to bring back my childhood memories when I'm down and to remember the classy ladies of that time. To me this perfume is like building a bridge between the present and the past, a hook to a past age that is not repeating anymore.
And lastly, I think Angelina Jolie is the perfect choice to represent this perfume and the meaning behind it. All this perfume is about is embodied by Jolie: a classy lady, beloved mother, great humanitarian, a woman with a big heart. And I'm loving the chemistry the perfume has on my skin: now I'm smelling like one of those ladies.

marusiatko
marusiatko

Mon Guerlain smells more interesting on the paperstrip. On the skin it bares some resemblance with Guerlain LPRN. It smells comforting, powdery, sweet, with a hint of cherries. Overall, it s nicely done but nothing groudbreaking. Would not mind a bottle on my drawer but otherwise I do not intend to buy it. I ll stick to my Addict 2003 :)

Illidge
Illidge

My two sons normally complain if I stop to spray on perfume whilst walking through department stores, but this time they said "Mum, that smells lovely". I have to agree. The lavender and sandalwood blend together beautifully. The vanilla, citrus and jasmine provide balance without dominating.

Like most Guerlains longevity is good.

This perfume smells nothing like La Vie Est Bell or Flowerbomb to me. Neither of which appeal to me.

I only wish I had tried Mon Exclusif, which I'm sure I would love even more. Hopefully I will be able to pick up a bottle on a forthcoming trip to Europe.

icingsugar
icingsugar

A nice sweet creamy vanilla and tonka scent. It is along the lines of Armani Si and La Vie Est Belle, but more smooth and creamy. Pleasant and very long lasting but I don't have an urge to buy it. If I got this as a gift, however, I would happily wear it.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Very creamy and pleasant scent. Vanilla is dominant, but not cloying or too sweet. However, it seems laike its better for cooler time of the year..

clariella
clariella

There seems to be very mixed reviews for this one.. And in a way I can understand where people are coming from. To me this is more of a crowd pleaser and not really very "Guerlain".

That being said, I do like this perfume. It is an easy to wear scent for me. Not too light, not too heavy. Works both day and night. I find it calming and slightly warming due to the lavender and vanilla.

On me the lavender is VERY prominent in the opening, and it stays in the dry down, even if it is the vanilla and tonka bean that takes center stage. I happen to like lavender, so it is fine with me.

Lasts resonably long on me 5-7 h.

All in all, not anything super special, but nice and easy to wear. The bottle I find slightly boring.Yes it is a pretty,classic shape but it is also like it's missing somerthing... A label, a tassle, a ribbon. Just something extra...

Venusia
Venusia

I haven't read such contradictory reviews for a fragrance so far?!

Edit:
I sprayed once and rubbed my wrists together. A 3 minute-hint of citrus and lavender, then VERY sweet powdery tonka with some iris/jasmin/jam? all the way. This phase made me think of "Si" edt big time. I am still asking myself where this overwhelming sweetness comes from on my skin?!
Sillage 1m for the first 1,5 h on me, after 3 hours I get a very fine but faint vanillated sandalwood, which is actually the best part. I hoped for more lavender and iris with just an elegant hint of vanilla.
And why did they choose Angelina as inspiration, really, suits her personality like zero. All that sweetness is she not.... But oh, men can dream...
Crowd pleaser is the name indeed. But, and I hate to say it about a perfume, it suits better the under 30 group. I can't imagine, and never met a lady over 40 wearing such a sweet perfume.

New edit: the second day I woke up with the scent still and surprisingly lingering in my hair! This time I found it really fine as the sweetness has lost strength. I guess I'll play the "sweet girl" for a while, just to see what it stirs in others. Otherwise on my skin is a real gourmand, very much not my style and must wait much too long for the desired effect.

Last edit: in warm weather (>15 degrees Celsius) it gets nauseatingly sweet on me. No lavender, no citrus vibe, just overly sweet cake. I won't smell like kitchen products. No, thanks. Sold already.

emmahlou
emmahlou

The tonka and vanilla are extremely rich in this. It gives off a Si, Mon Paris and La Vie Est Belle vibe with it's super rich vanilla sweetness. However, like others have mentioned this turns a little powdery and settles. In that case, it would be good for those who want that sweetness but don't want it lingering for 8 hours.

There's nice mix of vanilla and tonka bean, lovely iris and sandalwood notes.
I heard young girls talking about it in a store where I was trying it and they thought it was strange.
In my opinion, it's not strange at all, quite familiar smelling and reminds me of other fragrances.
So, not the most original one, but good anyway. Would be nice for an everyday or night scent for not too special occasion.
An alright scent overall.

anascissors
anascissors

I smelt it the other day and at first I nodded my head to the salesperson in an approving and pleasantly surprised manner. But, 3,4 minutes later I realised it wasn't anything special. I felt like this was yet another flowerbomb,la vie est Belle,little black dress: it has potential to be sth very special and different but it ends up being ordinary,generic,department storish and dull.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Lovely. Opens fresh and citrusy with lavender. Closes warm, vanilla and Tonka. Heart reminds me a little of Rihanna Rebelle Fleur. Dry down has a very distinctive sandalwood note which is very similar to Idylle. I have to say while I initially agreed with the review below, I now feel that this fragrance has a personality of its own. And as such it is growing on me.

LoreleiBluebird
LoreleiBluebird

I was keenly looking forward to trying this much debated release. Well, that was an anticlimax. There's nothing new here, and I too am questioning the choice of the free spirit and strong woman that is Jolie as its face. I really can't see her wearing something so sugary and dull.
It opens with a blink and you'll miss it blast of bergamot and lavender and quickly settles down to a vanilla and tonka base we've all smelt a million times already.
It's pleasant, it couldn't offend, but my God, it's boring, and for the price point there really are plenty of houses offering this kind of thing for a lot less.
It will of course be an incredible success.

Another thing, when perfume lovers wax lyrical about the classics of the great houses such as Guerlain, they are not being snobbish, but simply pointing out to (probably) younger perfume fans that there are so many wonderful things to experience in this beautiful hobby. This isn't one of them.

2. Review
This one opens up with a very detectable and clearly noticable lavender note. At one point it smelled like lavender essential oil. Vanilla melts with it and i am pretty sure that there has to be some incense or vetevir in it that enhances the smoky aspect of this blend.
Or maybe its just me imagining things.....

Now I am a huge LOVER of The Body Shops White Musk and Smoky Rose range, I think it is a very intresting and well blended smoky gourmand.

Guerlains Mon Guerlain is eerily similar, I would even go so far as to say it is hard to tell these two apart.

I will admit though that the quality of ingridients can be smellt, and that it has superior sillage and staying power BUT scentwise:
TOMATO =TOMATO

nettoyant
nettoyant

This is lovely, so romantic. It's really dry, there's tonnes of tonka. Sure, there's vanilla too but it's not as strong as the votes (cough*the whining*cough) suggest. Dry, powdery tonka. I don't get a lot of lavender but it's there. I get more iris, tbh, than lavender. The lavender and bergamot are most obvious in the top notes. I get some Shalimar original and Initial and can see why some say it's a little masculine. Both tonka and lavender are in many marketed to men scents. It does last but the silage doesn't project beyond a couple hours. Don't listen to those who say it's boring, if you love Guerlainade, it's definitely here.

I ordered this blind, thankfully, I didn't listen to the negative reviews. I'm betting it will be loved 2 years from now like Shalimar Initial was first maligned and is now loved.

Majesty
Majesty

As I really like the notes that are included in this perfumes I was eager to try it. I do not care if it has been advertised by a celebrity or not as soon as soon as I like what I smell. First of all I do not detect any lavender maybe it has to be slightly there as a top note. To me it smells like another , "bubble gum chic" perfume in terms of Lancome's La Vie est Belle, YSL's Manifesto y Ferragamo's Signorina. A typical blunt , fruity, all girly fragrance that typically follows the latest trends. One more launch that resembles so much to La Vie est Belle that ends up to be irritating due to loss of interest to the perfumes that resemble La Vie est Belle and of course the lack of imagination and creativity . Lasts quite well because of strong vanilla undertones and has medium silage .

shushkin
shushkin

It opens with lots of lavender which disappears way too quickly. Sadly it then turns too similar to the likes of Poison Girl etc. It is very pretty and I detect a bit of the Guerlainade. It smells good quality but still too similar to the many popular sweet floral affairs appearing every month or so.
Guerlain have a huge reputation and a glorious history of creating some of the most beautiful and influential fragrances. That is a huge heavy mantel to wear. They appear to have decided to jump on the bandwagon of creating crowd pleasers. Let's hope the profits are high and it encourages Guerlain to create another groundbreaking beauty. We can but hope.
Weak sillage and longevity

Soofiya
Soofiya

Since I read about mon guerlain's lunch,I checked it's page at least twice a day.all in all I'm interested in new lunches of popular brands but I was too much excited about this one.I couldn't wait for trying it and my fingers were crossed wishing for liking it.I have never tried guerlain mon exclusive so I didn't know what to expect here.I always wished to find more guerlain perfumes which I love.but L'instant,terracotta and la petit robe noirs were my only guerlain favorites
Finally it became available here.as soon as I heard it,I rushed to test it
It's bottle isn't as glorious as I thought but all in all it's nice.it's a pitty that it doesn't have the letters like mon exclusive so I can't name it as I wish.but the idea of having my own guerlain is lovely.actually this really is MY guerlain.it seems like they've made it considering my preferences!
It opens with a watery lavender and slightest hint of bergamot.a bit confusing and not very nice.but wait a minute for vanilla and almondy coumarin to kick in.this was a love in second sniff for me.it's very delicious without being sweet or gourmand.it's so cozy,soothing and comfortable that I can rest on it like a fluffy pillow.I was always looking for a lavender,vanilla perfume and finally I have it
There are some perfumes that we wear them for parties or nights out,there are some perfumes that are pick me up ones for daily wear,for me mon guerlain is a perfume for me.something that I can wear just for myself to feel safe and sound. To feel that I'm me
It's simple.it doesn't want to show off or scream it's beauty.there's right amount of powdered iris and sandalwood creamyness to make this vanilla-lavender combo heavenly.it's enveloping like a warm hug and it also smells clean,not detergent clean in an anti septic soulless way.it's clean like pure intentions.mon guerlain is not a bright scent,not a dark one either.it's warm but with a cold twist.sweet with a bitter edge.it's for adults and also very modern.not for a specific age group.just for whoever knows herself and knows what she want.
I love it
It's not a super strong perfume,not a weak one either.I sprayed it two puffs six hours ago and I can still smell it gently sitting near my skin.it projects noticeably but in a soft cloud way
I could afford just for a 50mil for now but I want to never run out of it.last time that I felt so protected with a perfume,cocooned in a subtle scent that felt so me,was ten years ago with Kenzo Amour(not that they smell similar)
Thanks guerlain
❤❤❤❤❤
P.S:I agree it has a slight unisex vibe.if you're a man and you feel like this is YOUR guerlain,feel free to make it your's
2nd P. S:this is totally addictive!all the day I was looking for excuses to spray it once again and again

diana2015
diana2015

As a Guerlain lover, I waited impatiently for this one to come out, expecting it to be worthy of its name.
While testing it, I thought "not bad at all." But as hours passed (it lasted many hours indeed), it failed to go past the "not bad" category. It wasn't the earth-shattering, unique, mesmerizing fragrance I expected from Guerlain. Although beautifully done, I felt it didn't bring anything new to the perfume world, which is sad. However, I'll try it again, maybe it will grow on me.

leslee.long.5
leslee.long.5

I seem to be one of those lucky people that "can't" wear many fragrances, as they end up disagreeable on my skin, or just to my nose. Musk and amber can veer off into a really bad experience.

This is not one of those scents for me, at all. I can say confidently, to my nose, this is nothing at all like LVEB, other than being a modern perfume that is well made.

I do not associate myself with one Guerlain over another as the best of the house, so I don't come into this comparing it to every other Guerlain expectation. I am fickle in general with many different houses and price points.

Mon Guerlain is a cleaner fragrance than LVEB and lacks the heavy animalic notes that can end up smelling foul, which LVEB does on me, a truly awful scrubber.

It is sweet but not heavily so, in the sense it is not a dry brutish fragrance but neither is it so heady sweet on me that I feel trapped in cotton candy, just enough to be tempting.

Tahitian vanilla has a delicately beautiful floral fragrance and is not the heavy vanilla of cookie baking type but manages to hold it's own.

The lavender is not run of the mill but a lighter "Carla" variety that is fresher with light spicy and aromatic notes that are more refined. The jasmine is Paradisone, from Firmenich, and isolated to a well behaved jasmine million petals aroma that is less likely to turn into a beast.

The coumarin gives my nose pleasing fluffy almond notes with a bit of Mexican vanilla, softer and not sharp.

The bergamot smells very natural and is very present at opening with the lavender but both settle into supporting roles, along with sandalwood and iris. Neither woody nor powdery, just rounding out the group with some smoothness.

I do get a Play-doh scent with MG at times but it's not as annoying as some can be to me. This scent plays peek-a-boo with me and comes and goes, just when I am sure it is gone, it is back again as a light skin scent 12 hours later. I would prefer a more reliable performance with a bit more silage for the price but I usually don't get top performance with most.

Mon Guerlain is not going to be blazing a trail behind you, out of this world unique and cutting edge, but it's beautiful in a cultivated not trying too hard kind of way. Maybe Guerlain is trying to be appeal to everyone but I think they created a fragrance that allows a woman's personality to shine more than the statement her perfume is trying to make.

I am considering buying more, and if not now, I likely will buy as the price comes down so I can spray it with abandon to get more out of it.

hawks_eye_

So I went and tried it on my skin yesterday, and maybe it's my allergies, but it felt weak to me because I couldn't really smell it when i tried sniffing where I sprayed. It felt barely there on the back of my wrist and forearm. It did smell sweet but not powdery, unlike when i tested it on paper. At first it felt sweet and developed into sweet and soapy clean. Then it went to something more like sugary sweet and just ever slightly powdery.
On the back of my hand, I was able to pick up the lavender easily, and it didn't smell sweet, but rather fresh and spicy.

I'm still hoping it might have been an allergy that kept my nose from picking up the perfume strongly, otherwise I'd have to say it's weak. Other people did say they could smell it fine when I asked them to sniff at it, though.

However, I must say that I could sense a scent around me, like an aura, and it completely felt like I was wearing Kylie Minogue's Sweet Darling, which made me happy cause I love it's sweet, soft, powdery cotton candy-like smell. It only smelled like Sweet Darling like this, but not when sniffing wherever I sprayed.
I've got to repeat, like on my previous review, that Thierry Wasser also created Sweet Darling, so the resemblance is more understandable. :D

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

If you want truer reviews of this scent...go see the reviews for Mon Exclusif. I have full bottles of both Mon Guerlain and Mon Exclusif...they are the same scent with very discreet differences.

This is nothing like LVEB which is sharp with patchouli. There is nothing sharp about this...it's very smooth and silky (I have and also like LVEB btw so my disdain is not about disliking LVEB-they're just NOTHING alike other than being sweet).

There's nothing at the current perfume counter that smells like this. I loved Exclusif and I love this. Beautiful, unique perfume.

IrisLily

I have already added my 2 cents about this one. I love it. But I am really enjoying all the lively discourse. For every positive review there is an equally negative or at least "meh" review. I guess that's great for the marketing, whatever the opinion.

lyngbh
lyngbh

My short and sweet take. This is LVEB minus the odd powdery and floral aspects. LVEB's prettier, more elegant sister. The fresh opening, including the lavender and, barely noticeable, almond dissipates really quickly. The blend sounded lovely enough to inspire my blind purchase, but simply not apparent enough, after the initial dry down, to make this stand out in any way. I'm returning it.

Mon Guerlain smells as real as they come to my nose!!! Is it a more modern mainstream scent?! Yes, yet they did a pretty darn good job on it, like it smells great, which is a plus!!
Furthermore I don't like LPRN and I love mon Guerlain, so to my nose they are not similar.
Vintages have masterpieces, but mostly belong in the past for most perfume wearers, I don't care to smell like a 70 ties scent that kills everything in its path sorry..Thumbs up to Guerlain for creating a pretty easy to wear yet stylish scent!! And happy birthday played by a concert pianist sounds like a nice melody to me!!
Guerlain thought of the ones who don't care for their typical creations yet like quality , good move, then there is a scent for everybody to enjoy !!

lemonzest
lemonzest

Tried Mon Guerlain today, so my review is based only on a few hours' experience.

Opens with lavender and vanilla, yes, lavender and vanilla like so many other things today, not just perfumes but fabric softeners, air fresheners, candles...omnipresent. Tonka gives it a sweet almond scent, leading to a pretty but vapid gourmand heart. Iris and sweetness describes the rest of the trip, a little clean lavender and iris mixed with the vanilla, like ice cream and soap.

This is pretty unimaginative. It's as if Guerlain decided it needed lots of money fast. But if they have to release a sell out like this in order to be able to afford to continue making their REAL perfumes (L'Heure Bleu, Mitsouko, Chamade), so be it. Still, it's talent wasted, like a concert pianist hired to play Happy Birthday just to pay the bills. Good, but could be so much more.

Besides, why pick Angelina Jolie as the face of a scent that's such a conforming uncontroversial crowd pleaser? She seems like a risk taking free spirit - this scent is too comforting and safe for her image. (I am not a fan one way or the other, but she was good in Changeling.) I guess I just expected something daring.

iamoir
iamoir

Very vanillary for the first hour, like Dior Addict vanilla. Then it tames into a lavendery woody scent with the vanilla being less prominent. Not powdery really. Gourmand non gourmand. Not really floral, don't lie to yourselves, but is somehow spicy, I guess from the lavender.

Unoriginal, not groundbreaking, not distinct, but a fine smooth blend. The vanilla does not amuse me at all, but suprisingly I like the way sandalwood is handled; it actually reminds me of sandalwood. All I can sense on my skin from the second hour of wear-time is lavender and sandalwood with a generic sweetness in the background. I'm grateful that the juice is not nauseating, it is though rather boozy, having a wine-like, grapey feel to it.

Little bit sad about the iris, it could be more pronounced, as well as jasmine. You add jasmine and not bother making it sound fleshy and animalic? They should have taken the risk and done it, after all they are Guerlain. Oh wait, I forgot the target audience of the perfume will not tolerate that...

Lasts more than six hours and projects just fine. Good Guerlain quality. Safe scent. Copy cat? To some extent, yes. But that is not Guerlain or Wasser to blame, that is women's fault and only. If women keep buying sweet cake-vanilla praline berry juices, brands WILL BE CREATING fragrances with the same notes more or less. Guerlain came a little late to the game, but they done it better than LVEB, or Addict, or Armani Code flankers, Mon Paris etc, except maybe La nuit tresor, which indeed is a unicorn between gourmands, Mon Guerlain is a refined gourmand.

Personally I do not like Angelina Jolie, she repulses me for some reason, but that's just me.

Ellina Coco
Ellina Coco

So this is extremely popular already and, whether you like it or not, this has something about it. Testers in stores are empty, you guys are commenting madly here. I am not sure if I'm truly in love with it and want it, but for some odd reason is sooo attractive... I want to give it a chance. My mind is telling me it's not special enough...but it is so indubitably beautiful.

It is loud. This has impressive sillage and staying power. And I'm not talking from my impression (cause my impression would be it's non existing),after 45 min of application first comment was: omg, the whole place is full of your perfume. Then second person said the same thing after almost 2 hours. I did 6-7 "small" sprays.(I haven't pressed sprayer by the end). So I was asking those people how it's developing and their thoughts on it... "Gentle, pleasant, I like it. Similar to ones you have,right? Still, very nice, wouldn't bother anyone.." I've mentioned Angelina Jolie is the face of perfume, the comment was: "Really? Kinda too weak scent for her face..."
Look,for me personally, choosing Jolie just doesn't have any sense. It's not that she is "too big character for the scent itself" but she is not feminine and gentle enough to represent the smell. My opinion.

This is one delightful perfume. Beautiful, pleasurable, charming. Everything nice. perfect gift. perfect companion through the day. Feminine,soft and positive. If you don't mind the similarity with today's modern perfumes, then you should just buy it.

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

Today I went to the perfume shop, very excited and willing to try this new release.
I have to say this is a very very sweet fragrance; what I smell is lots and lots of vanilla and caramel and sugared almonds; in fact the only saving grace is the hint of lavender, which adds a bit of surprise but does not really manage to give this perfume an interesting twist and make it "different".
I am not saying it is unpleasant, just nothing special - I expected a lot more from Guerlain.
I think these great Maisons should "make" the fashion, not follow it.
If the trend now is all caramel, patchouli & fruit, cherry syrup, well they should know better and do better than this. They should be daring, they should try to change the taste, they should educate us, not bend their back and follow the trend for fear of losing customers.
Think of fragrances like Jicky, Shocking, Caleche, Charlie, Diorella, Rive Gauche, Opium, Amarige, Samsara, just to name a random bunch. They were daring, they were something new. Maybe not everybody likes them, but they still live on nowadays. I can always recognise "vintage" perfumes I know when I smell them on somebody. Not that my nose is particularly good, I am not a bloodhound, I am just a perfume lover.
But Mon Guerlain is the typical fragrance that would be safe for any occasion, perfect for office wear, lovely on an evening out with your beau, great for a Christmas dinner with your mother-in-law.
It is sweet but not sickening, it has a long staying power and nobody will mumble "what is this awful smell" when you pass by. Nobody will be offended by it in the bus.
Probably nobody will even recognise it. Not sure this is a bonus.
So maybe it is a very safe fragrance: only, in my humble opinion, it lacks character, and probably, it lacks magic.

sumandre
sumandre

Way too sweet. I can hardly detect any Iris in this. I was expecting lipstick floral heart but to my disappointment, there's nothing more here than candied almond and vanilla. The base reminds me of SDV, without the boozy rum. Lacks depth, projection, originality and hence, any interest whatsoever.

@Scia:

Of course it is not La Vie Est Belle, but it is certainly of the same spiritual brotherhood.

scia
scia

Someone here is paid for cancelling every day all the clicks on "this perfume reminds me of" La Vie Est Belle?!? It is not quite the same. But it's like the umpteenth flanker from LVEB... done by Thierry Wasser.
Nice, a little more elegant and less intrusive, but nothing new. A typical child of this decade.

La DameDeNoir

Guerlain did not need another La petite Robe Noire. And this is to Guerlain what Chanel nº5 L'Eau is to Chanel. A watered and sugared version of a classic perfume (Jicky, in this case) focused to milennials, used to light diets but with high levels of sugar.

Mon Guerlain opens with a huge blast of alcohol. Just pure alcohol. About 15 minutes later, some shy and very synthetic white flowers merge. Then, the sweet-vanillic (in this case, slightly powdery) background that all mainstream female fragances have in our days. A beautiful, but too ghostly lavender, tryes to mend the overswetness of the ensemble with is herbal and slightly camphorous bitterness. All in vane. An apathetic, disfunctional ylang-ylang and an iris in homeopathical dose fight back the vanilla-tonka soufflee. It is useless.

It feels like a lavender-vanilla after shower cologne aimed to young and slightly shy, slightly whimpy teenagers. And the performance is similar. Not the fierce, daring, glamorous perfume that one can expect from a Guerlain fragance advertised by Angelina Jolie.

Although the overall is not entirely umpleasant (it is a cozy and wearable fragance), is rather mediocre and lacking of originality. Not worth of Guerlain's name or the price tag. One feels like if this thing would have been already smelled dozens of times in dozens of forgotten places. It seems that today every perfume houses want to have an Angel or a La Vie Est Belle.

Considering that today all perfume houses copy each other in a way that we haven't seen before, that Guerlain has not produced a single memorable fragance since Jean Paul Guerlain's retirement (I mean the worldwide launchments, not the exclusive editions), that Guerlain has became an expert in recicling shamelessly formulas and bottles, that Guerlain is not precisely cheap, and that today they seems only interested in releasing things like La Petite Robe Noire and its endless flankers, this Mon Guerlain, or super expensive, exclusive editions, far away from the reach of normal people, I can say that hard times for poetry are coming. Guerlain is one of the many brands whose products I stopped buying long time ago. I don't like when a brand makes fools of their customers, and I have the feeling that Guerlain has been doing this since a long time (it was the same with Chanel, Dior, YSL and, sadly enough, many others).

The stoning can begin.

Bretto66
Bretto66

Guerlain with "Mon Guerlain" have hit the right balance on this one between perfume creativity and mass appeal...I believe this is going to be a huge hit and rightly so.....Guerlain need to make money so that they can reinvest in more daring and complex compositions.....Which is why all perfumistas LOVE Guerlain. Am I right...I believe so....Well done Guerlain.......for all the people that have stated Guerlain have gone downhill.....I have five words to say to you....Tonka Imperiale and Anjelique Noire.........enough said!

Sherihan

Im already excited and waiting for a 644798650678 flankers of this one, yay, sounds promising....

jellybeantree

I'm sick of hearing Generic , like the rest . Boring . Go make a review on something that interests you . This perfume snobbery is getting a bit out of hand . If you don't like it ok , move on . Thierry Wasser is a master perfumer with years and years of experience. I don't think his goals intail making generic , boring fragrances . It is a modern fragrance , I don't like the older fragrances from Guerlain on my skin but I don't say they are stinky, old , dated , musty fragrances . I respect that others like them and I am happy that Guerlain made a fragrance that i love .

framorena

Soutty, none say you must prefer a classic or beg someonelse, neither this is like LVEB, but that share the same accord on the wave of vanilla-tonka-caramelized ecc ecc crowd pleaser fragrances like tons we already experienced lately.
Also, The regret is about the lack of originality, not the classic. When the classic came out at their time, they were not classic, they were innovative. That's what I'm trying to say, this is not, this is an unspired generic pleasant piece to achieve tons of others where marketing wins.
I've all my right to say what I think about this perfume, this lavenderforaminute-vanillatonkafortwohours perfume and, if you feel offended or think I'm snob, it's not my problem, I keep free to say what I think about without considering your or anyone's else judgement about my person interesting neither worth.

Soutty123

Not a review as I already left (a very positive one) a week or so ago.

This is a really more of a plea:

If you don't like this fragrance, fair enough, you're entitled to leave a negative review and say what you think of it.

In the process though, can you please not patronise those of us who do like it by begging us to try the Guerlain classics.

I can't speak for others but I have tried Mitsouko, Chamade, Samsara and Apres L'Ondee and I don't enjoy wearing them. I'm not particularly young, I'm not uneducated nor (I like to think anyway) unintelligent and I find this sort of snobbery really annoying.

Guerlain is a company. It needs to make money to survive so it's going to release fragrances that will appeal to most people.

Also, just because a fragrance is sweet that doesn't mean it smells like La Vie Est Belle. I like LVEB but this fragrance smells nothing like it whatsoever.

snel hest
snel hest

It's not a "bad" fragrance but it smells very ordinary. Sweet and not really original, kinda like a mish-mash of other scents. Like a perfume counter, if you know what I mean? I expected more considering it's Guerlain but no...

jellybeantree

What's with all the hate about this fragrance ! Body shop , Victoria's Secret ! I don't know what you wonderful ladies are smelling but it's not what I'm smelling . This is classy , graceful and beautiful ! I'm shocked that people are comparing it cheaper brands . For me it's a love .

snoopyQ

White Musk Smoky Rose from the Body Shop is this you?---- Yes it is me ---- just WAY MORE EXPENSIVE****
Not original AT ALL

Ilmatar
Ilmatar

I tried this on my skin today, and after it had dried down for about 10 minutes I thought that now, it feels familiar to me somehow. And then it hit me, it's an upgraded - ingredient wise - version of Victoria's Secret Pink Naughty Is Nice body mist. It's not listed at Fragrantica, but the notes there are tonka bean, lavander and macaron. I don't usually do Victoria's Secret scents or body mists, but I got this when I was passing by a sale at store on my way home, because it seemed like a deal for 15 euros, and I thought I could use it for layering with something crisper.

Lavander in Mon Guerlain is obviously more noticeable after an hour or so, and the scent as whole is more balanced, but I think it's obvious to which market Guerlain is aiming with this. 20-somethings who've grown up with Victoria's Secret will definitely love this!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I am terribly disappointed. Nice opening, almost got me fooled. But after just one hour it turned into ....amor amor by cacharel.

arwa hussein

ITS SWEET STRONG PERFUME , I LIKE THE DRY DOWN BETTER.
I FEEL THIS PERFUME BELONGS TO G.A SI PERFUME FAMILY BUT NOT TO GUERLAIN !!
DON`T BE MISTAKEN , IT IS A LUXURY PERFUME AND IT IS NICE BUT GUERLAIN AWAY MUCH BETTER THAN THIS.

framorena

Dear Lizzie, thank you but, knowing many vintage Guerlain and seeing the progressive uninspiring drift the House went into the years, I really can say now nothing is more "Guerlain"as we all think when that name appears on a bottle.
What is happening is that every House is just following the way of success of La Vie Est Belle by Lancome, adding some different notes not to be a clear copy, but lacking in EVERYTHING I want for a House of centuries of experiences and glory.
Mon Exclusive was made with almost the same accord that made LVEB famous, but still who wanted a Guerlain (exclusive line) hadn't be satisfied, so the House discontinued it two months before launching Mon Guerlain (while LVEB had much success in the mass market), but now simply made something similar again with some changes and with Angelina Jolie (in opposite to Julia Roberts) and launches it not as eclusive, but to the mass market (think about the changing of the name, from "Mon Exclusive" to "Mon"; not eclusive anymore) to try catching the same target of LVEB. This is the reason why many persons feel the similarities between the two "Mon".
I know that some mechanisms are not so clear if you are not into market game.
That said, I woudn't like they to make the same Mitsouko or Shalimar, but what I want from a House like this is they to be able to create something as extraordinary and memorable, in our modern times. I don't want a vintage floral again, I want something I still hadn't smell, that doesn't remind me of something else made by tens other Houses, something modern, new and full bottle wothy, not the bad-copy of a success of someone else. It's not (only) a matter of smell, it's a matter of philosophy.

LizzieDee
LizzieDee

Framorena, I feel your pain! Guerlain has given us so many iconic and truly distinctive perfumes - think of Mitsouko, nearly 100 years old and still beautiful, still unique. I don't like La Petite Robe Noire, which is also by Thierry Wasser and Delphine Jelk, but at least the cherry gives it a more defined character than this.

Let's turn to some positives: this is an elegant scent and it is very, very long-lasting. The lavender comes through as the hours go by until, after 12 hours or so, it is the sole note that lingers into the second day. Not everyone likes lavender, but over a century after Guerlain gave us Jicky, I for one am pleased they are still using it.

The face of Mon Guerlain, Angelina Jolie, is a great beauty with an instantly recognisable face. Like Mon Guerlain, the portrait used to advertise it is oddly bland and anonymous. If I hadn't known it was Angeline Jolie, I wouldn't have known it was Angelina Jolie. Yes, the portrait is a beautiful woman, but they have managed to lose the individuality of her beauty and that is appropriate for Mon Guerlain.

I encountered this perfume at a special launch display in a branch of Boots in Bluewater. All the young women on the counter kept saying, "It's very fresh, it's very fresh". Readers, it isn't very fresh and saying it is won't make it so. Did this young women think it was very fresh or had they been told that was how to describe it? Did they just not know any better?

Now, for me, "very fresh" sounds like a citrus-based Eau de Cologne and is not an incentive to try a perfume, so Mon Guerlain not being "very fresh" is a good thing. Is L'Heure Bleue very fresh? Are Vol de Nuit or Chamade or Shalimar very fresh? Not a bit of it. So my take-away from this episode is a superficial approach, a lack of appreciation of heritage, a reliance on advertising over quality of product, and a basic ignorance.

Will women still be loving Mon Guerlain in 100 years? I doubt it. If you've tried it and loved it now, then I'm glad. Perfume adds an extra dimension of pleasure to life. But please, go back to the Guerlain counter and try some of the greats. Read the history and then try Mitsouko, Vol de Nuit, L'Heure Bleue, Shalimar ... ... and be transported.

framorena

Oh my dear Guerlain, author of the most beautiful florals ever made in the past century, emblem of class, quality and dreaming fragances, where are you? Once you were the one every House wearied to chase, now you lost your soul and essence to chase the others in places you don't belong to.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I tried this perfume the other day and smells very dated or vintage. It does not smell modern at all. Reminds me of a perfume from 30 years ago. Too old fashioned of a scent for me.

hawks_eye_

I'm only judging by testing this sprayed on paper given to me by the lady who helped me, and I'm so happy to find it very similar to Kylie Minogue's "Sweet Darling" because that one is discontinued and it was loved by girl friends I gave it to and me, of course.

This at first was heavily powdery, which was just a tad too much, but the resemblance to Kylie's perfume was a nice surprise. That strong powder sensation settled down to a nice balance, and now I've been enjoying sniffing at the test paper all day long!!!

I can't wait to try it on my skin. :D I'm surely going to give it as birthday gift to my friend who recently asked me for another Sweet Darling!!! ...maybe I'll get a bottle for myself, too!

EDIT: Apparently, Thierry Wasser also created Kylie's Sweet Darling!!!

arteditors
arteditors

In Mon Guerlain, I sense nothing from caramel or lavender, although many claim to find these notes. I sprayed the scent three times. I got an initial blast of citruses, and after a few minutes it went straight to a bitter, biting almond note that I liked a lot.

Mon Guerlain won’t offend anyone and you might even be asked what you’re wearing. Sillage is good for the first three hours. It’s not a groundbreaking fragrance, none were groundbreaking anyway, until they were copied and thus made iconic. There is something gourmand and pleasant about Mon Guerlain, which is neither masculine nor feminine. It’s neither a cherry pie such as La Petite Robe Noire EdP, nor a brandy flambé dessert with tobacco-rum nuances like L’Homme Idéal EdT and EdP, and it's not burnt sugar sold at fun fairs like La Petite Robe Noire Intense.

Instead, Mon Guerlain seems like a combination of these fragrances, like a vague almond dessert pie flavoured with bitter almonds and cherries with their warm, aromatic kernels in the form of mahlab/mahleb. Mon Guerlain states Tahitian vanilla, but I find no such thing. It’s probably ethylvanillin. This is a modern oriental gourmand fragrance, rather linear with bitter and sweet almonds: amygdalin and benzaldehyde, found in apple, almond, cherry and apricot kernels.

Mon Guerlain is not a Guerlinade accord but rather a Musquinade accord, making reference to L’Instant Magic during its drydown. Moreover, due to its almond accord and white musk, Mon Guerlain could well be an Aqua Allegoria named Amandia Bella or Amandia Grandiosa.

KitKat
KitKat

I have no idea why people are mentioning Shalimar? Mon guerlain has nothing to do with it. I am disappointed that guerlain recycled already existing scent added new name and annoying Hollywood actress but in beauty business it is all about $$$ . This is definitely for younger audiance not just age wise but for those who do not like samsara or shalimar. I think it is ok to have something like this in the range , even Chanel has scents that cater this crowd. I was excited to try it but first sniff was really bad and i highly suggest trying it on skin not on the blotter (smells awful there). The longer I had it on my skin it smelled better. Good silage and great longevity - it was noticeably there even washing my hands couple of times. It is sweet but that's the only similarity it has with LVEB. I can't say I love it, I am not wowed but again I can't say I do not like it because I kept sniffing my hand...

Poison Girl is sweet and youngish, Mon Guerlain is more grown up, the lavender gives it a nice aromatic vibe...I find they have nothing in common..and thumbs up to Guerlain for that pretty, great smelling creation !! The more I wear it, the more I find it distinctive..in a modern casual way..

vivik
vivik

The House of Guerlain just had to make their own Poison Girl...

medo3650
medo3650

so good i like it very soft

saintleegray
saintleegray

Expecting all the perfumes from one house to smell the same is stale. No, this isn't shalimar. It doesn't claim to be, it's not even a flanker. And for those of us who find shalimar and the like to be unwearable, this is made for us. I think this is really beautiful, the only connection to a perfume like LVEB I can tell is that there is a sweetness to it, the notes do not come across the same at all.

This is a sweet perfume done in an elegant way. I would not put this under a gourmande although there is a high vanilla note. After vanilla I can definitely smell the lavender, and then there's the sandalwood. Laced throughout is a light floral note. This is really gorgeous. Sillage isn't extreme, but it's not a skin scent either, and longevity is decent on me (3-4 hours), it may last longer on somebody who's skin doesn't eat perfume. I highly recommend.

mylancome
mylancome

Never like Angelina Jolie, but I still like to write this review after tested a few spray at Sephora. Never meet Mon Exclusive, but this does smell like light version of Shalimar Initial.

Shalimar Initial emphasis the caramel, while Mon Guerlain is the smokey lavender, and lavender notes doesn't last long. Mon Guerlain is very watered down, like a cologne, compare with Shalimar Initial.

Mon Guerlain can be wore by both men and women. It's so light, a crowd and office friendly fragrance. But if you worked mostly outdoor, running around meeting clients, then Mon Guerlain is not for you, cause your sweat can easily washed the perfume away.

Not worth for the price tag for such light perfume.

orpailleur
orpailleur

I can remember grandma in autumn putting small tissue wallets filled with fresh lavender flowers in the dressing wardrobes to have dresses smell good and keep mothes from eating the wool. Changing the wallets once a year was enough, and a wallet's cost was just few cents. Quite cheap for such a duration ! But to be expensive, something must be durable and rare (diamonds, gold), and lavender lacks rarity.
The strong scent of lavender is also quite difficult to manage, so fancy houses have a natural tendency to snob lavender, like some reviewers here, too ("this is an easy cash machine" we can read).
I was surprised that except for a Cologne (Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours) and the short lived excellent but gourmand-sweet Mon Exclusive, Guerlain seemed to follow the snobbish crowd and didn't face the real floral challenge, while some other fancy houses did, either using strong woody frags (Licorice in the superb Hermessence Brin de Reglisse), botanically speaking woody-like strong scents such as cinnamon in JP Gauthier's Male or vanilla (which is a pod), combined with cedar (Dior Homme Intense), incense (Serge Lutens Gris Clair), or adding woody notes to strong floral-powdery scents like Iris (Dior, Lutens).
Taken together, only a very few houses took up the real lavender challenge in even fewer frags ! So, coming from Guerlain, this one is most interesting and it was almost a blind buy as it was presented as Angelina's baby of Mon Exclusive.

It opens with a full blast of lavender with only a short hint of bergamot. The lavender is so dominant over the other floral notes of iris and jasmine that it takes 15 or 20 min for those notes to come. And they need the vanilla to stay in the game for an hour or two. Then comes the battle between vanilla and a (surprisingly discrete) tonka on one side, and lavender on the other side, which lasts 3 or 4 more hours, sometimes vanilla leading, sometimes lavender, before the whole game finishes with a lovely skin scent.

In my view, since this frag sells for half the price of the discontinued Mon Exclusive, given the quality it could just be the other way around.

socorrosouza

Not all perfumes have to be like Shalimar or Samsara. Papa Guerlain will be happy that a nice quality perfume is selling well, otherwise it will be just discontinued.There was a time when all perfumes smelled a bit like Shalimar, high on aldehydes and civet and like the all pervasive fruitchoulis of now it was too much,I still can't stand civet and aldehydes from smelling them too much in my childhood from a neighbor's 30 and 40s vintage collection.

Emcia
Emcia

This is very pretty. It reminds me a lot of la vie est belle, in terms of sweetness and a sort of heaviness. I would wear it for a night out with girlfriends. It's young, sexy, and flirty. I would consider buying it but it feels like it would fill the same functions as something like Angel EDT, which I have.

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

This is a concoction of dreamy lavender and vanilla. A beautiful clean and soft combo. Reminds me somehow of fresh laundry drying on the line on a summer morning. Perfect for a day when you need an uplift! A true beauty.

Papa Jacques is certainly happy a modern easy to wear smells pretty Guerlain came out! I am and judging by the many positive reviews, a lot are too! it doesnt pretend to be Shalimar, and thank goodness as lots just cant pull it off..vintage cant be compared to newer modern scents, I love the versatilty of Mon Guerlain, it is cute yet stylish..my husband likes it..i just wish it had more projection...I dont ask that my perfumes have guts or soul! just that they smell good, and this one certainly does
just too predtctable that vintages lovers always put down newer more mainstream creations.

jlw1975402
jlw1975402

LOVE this perfume. Not Like. But LOVE.
It smells amazing and you feel amazing when wearing it.

sueall
sueall

A gutless, soulless, pretender.

(Sorry, it needed to be said)

Those who have been blessed to experience a vintage Guerlain, such as Shalimar in all its full glory, will understand my horror.

The remainder will be condemned to wander like lost sheep in the desert of Corporate Fragrance, believing that this all too forgettable flatliner speaks for Guerlain.

Yes, this is NOT a Shalimar flanker. I thought that was obvious, but apparently not. But the older Shalimar shows the depth and magic of the House as it once was. Papa Jacques is undoubtedly spinning in his grave.

Medusa82
Medusa82

This smells like all the ameretto left over from lhomme ideal
Big disappointment! HUGE

pinky_brit
pinky_brit

It reminds me of Poison Girl, but better. They have the same vibe but i like this one and hate the other, that is extra powdery.

I would not wear it because it's not my style, but I find it classy and elegant.
It has definitely a more commercial vibe that Guerlain does not have, but it still smells expensive.

xeniadavarinou
xeniadavarinou

This one has been puzzling. Is it a beautiful perfume? Absolutely. Beautiful and elegant and intimate and lady-like. Longevity on my skin was 6 hours with a moderate but solid sillage. I met with a friend about half an hour after trying it and she asked what I was wearing while I was convinced that it had vanished. It clearly hadn't, and about 3 hours in it was a great, balanced combination of lavender, vanilla, cumarin and jasmin.

Is it worth it when it costs nearly 70 euros for a 30 ml bottle? I am not so sure, just because of the longevity. The comments about a betrayal of the Guerlain heritage are exaggerated but this is certainly a tricky one that you have to try for yourself. But if you find that it suits you and you can afford it, it's a very good choice that stands appart from those cloying, un-inspired fruit-choulis that make all women smell the same at the moment.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The few seconds after I sprayed Mon Guerlain, there's always a strange sour note. Not exactly unpleasant to me, but I don't recognise it as bergamot per se, as it lacks its green herbal aromatic facets on my skin.

The lavender and vanilla soon arrive on the stage. The lavender note here at its early stage is quite lovely. It doesn't feel screechy or gritty, but takes on a clean, almost soapy nuance along with an equally clean, wispy iris. The vanilla here is enrobed in a fluffy, again very clean white musk, and with fresh clean almonds and sugar crystals scattered around. The overall effect is like vanilla cotton candy, sweet, fluffy but airy and almost gauzy at the same time.

From then on, things get a bit muddled to my liking. About 20 minutes in, tonka bean gets stronger and starts to dominate the fragrance. Sometimes, it lends its caramel and almond nuances to the vanilla, which is quite delicious albeit predictable as in a few mass-market gourmand fragrances aimed at a traditional female clientele. At other times it amps up and sharpens the lavender thanks to the coumarin link of both, and even takes on a bit of its cherry tobacco nuance, which now makes Mon Guerlain like a softer version of a few commercial gourmand fragrances targeting conventional male clientele.

The eventual dry down after about 3 hours is a clean, creamy vanilla/sandalwood, not dissimilar to the dry down of Grain de Soleil but with a good dose of sugar syrup. The sillage is moderate to close, and the longevity can reach close to 12 hours.

Mon Guerlain is admittedly less cloying than a few gooey fruitchouli on the market. I also quite like the luminous lavender and the clean fluffy white musk infusing the opening, which manages to lift the sugary creamy vanilla up. However, the heart and the dry down didn't turn out very remarkable on my skin, and I'm constantly reminded of other gourmand fragrances marked to either gender, featuring prominent fougere elements or vanilla or both.

Arguably, Guerlain is best known for perfection compared to its predecessors, but Mon Guerlain feels to me more like conformity to please as many as possible than spontaneous improvement. I enjoy quite a few modern Guerlain fragrances, namely Insolence EDP, Shalimar Parfum Initial and La Petite Robe Noire, which all exude a more defined personality than Mon Guerlain on my skin.

I would acknowledge that Mon Guerlain is quite pleasant as a gourmand fragrance in today's market. It's less fruity saccharine, less invasive and more airy than a few extreme exemples, therefore feels less juvenile, and I would recommend it over certain popular options in gourmand genre. However, I do think there are other more interesting, more memorable and equally appealing choices worth exploring as well.

MLK
MLK

I tested mon guerlain on release day and fell instantly in love. I handed over my money so fast, I bought the 100ml bottle (love the bottle design), the body lotion (it's absolutely divine) and I also bought the shower gel!!!!! That's how much I loved it instantly!!!
I've been wearing it all week and I love it from initial spray to the creamy vanilla and tonka drydown. I do smell similarities with mon exclusive (which I also love) but this is slightly softer, not as heavy with gourmand notes. Mon guerlain is a winner for me and I think for guerlain too!!
Ps, I don't smell the lavender note in mon guerlain as much as in mon exclisif, it's lighter in mon guerlain, the vanilla note is still beautiful in both.

craftymaya
craftymaya

Intended to be a crowd pleaser, following the vanilla trend.The lavender note is prominent at the beginning and fades away pretty quickly to leave a pretty common soft and green vanilla. No real creativity here... Doesn't feel a high end perfume. Sorry Guerlain. Nothing exceptional. I am glad I just got a sample...

Ggillespie

I left a review days ago with some not so positive things to say about this fragrance. However, I stuck with it, and continued to wear it. I can no longer smell The Beat when I wear it (thank God!) and it has morphed into a powdery vanilla on me. Funny, I haven't smelled Shalimar in years, but around my 3rd day wearing this, I had this instant nostalgia back to 8th grade when my mom and older sister wore Shamilar. All good fuzzy memories. Also, I received some compliments. My mother in law hugged me and immediately pulled me away and demanded to know what fragrance I had on. I almost didn't want to tell her, because I know she would see the price online and be in disbelief that I spent so much on a perfume. But I have grown to love it. I still get the beginning blast of lavender, and it takes about 20 minutes for it to cool off into a calm, smooth (yet a bit powdery, somehow) vanilla. I would suggest getting a small spray sample and using for a few days before deciding you love it or hate it. It definitely grew on me in a matter of days. I wore a different frag today and I keep longing to smell that yummy vanilla.

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

I am a lover of Guerlain perfumes, but I have tested this today and found it to be a little bit generic, too similar to all the other perfumes out there. There is something beautiful about it, but something beautiful can be found in most other perfumes, but Guerlain usually has a way of standing out above every other perfume, as the 'best of', Mon Guerlain i'm afraid is just 'one of''. I was excited to try this today, thinking this could be on my birthday wish-list, but I dont love it enough for that, it's just a very nice perfume, not the usual Guerlain beauty.
I found that it lasted on my skin around 12+ hours. I get mostly Vanila with a touch of Lavender, I dont find the jasmine at all.

plum
plum

Last Sunday, when I came to a stand with this perfume I was given a perumed card with words "it's a new Guerlain perfume and Angelina is a face of it". These words did put me off (I used to be in Aniston team) but as soon I sniffed a card I forgot about Angelina. At the begining I thought about original Angel mixed with Innocent, then at home it turned into beautiful blend of vanilla and tonka bean. I simply got obsessed, checked online prices (why so expensive???) and decided to go again and ask for a sample (why they try to do their best and do not give you a sample and lie about them?). Anyway, at one shop I got a sample and in another one another perfumed card. This one smells a little bit different - I can smell lavender and Innocent/Angel notes again.
I sprayed a little bit on my skin too and I love it but find it weak as for EDP.
Anyway, I have found a great deal (10% off for new customer) and I will order it by the end of this week. Planned to buy two other discontinued perfumes, before they were gone, but sorry, this one is a priority now:)

jellybeantree

Little side story , I was dog sitting my friends dog and I was cuddling the dog and giving him kisses . When I left I got a phone call and my friend said 'Wow my dog smells like your perfume . He smells very good ! I was wearing Mon Guerlain of
course ! I had to smile ! I wrote on Thierry Wasser's instagram thanking him for making this fragrance and he liked one of my pictures back on my instagram ! Totally dying !

Agafia
Agafia

No, no, no. I trusted it would be way better. Drydown is reminiscing eau de shalimar or shalimar souffle, but you can tell the ingredients are way cheaper then in the rest of their perfumes. This is so unlike of Guerlain. What surprised me the most, is that it's just a really bad quality!
No Guerlainade. :(
Spare me the opinion on this absurd marketing blabber.
Sad times for Guerlain.

@advabart - it is reasonably priced as for Guerlain (and that would explain the quality).

Ghosty
Ghosty

Sorry to say, but this is another boring, sweet, vanilla fragrance without soul.
Lasting power is medium, so it sillage.
I wouldn't buy it for the proposed price.

advabart
advabart

Is it reasonably priced, or rather a high-end fragrance?

Annaha
Annaha

This perfume is an answear to my prayers. My new signature scent and I only hope they won't discontinue it. It opens up with a scent of citrus, probably the bergamot and then it quickly changes into a sweet smell with a hit of something herbal, which must be the lavender. Later it developes into a sweet, powdery vanilla scent, which stays very close to the skin. This perfume is very feminin and it lasts a long time on the skin but it is not overpowering and people will have to get close to you to detect it. It makes it perfect for every ocasion. I can't get enough of it.

Rest In Peace GUERLAIN legacy
From candy to another candy,, I think Guerlain's boutiques will soon turned into a classy chain of candy shops.
Please "dislike" my comment to remove it, as what always happened with honest reviews.

ReyMoe
ReyMoe

I've test it two time at "Must" store and have the same impression, this perfume is just adorable ♥
Fresh, sweet it smells Vanilla totally different from the other Guerlain's perfume.

ghostie77
ghostie77

I ripped the 0.3 sample out of 'Elle' magazine yesterday, not expecting to like it. HOPING not to like it. I thought it would be like all the other, 'La vie est belle' copycats. It sounded so generic, and I rubbed it on my wrist, feeling smug in my conviction it would be too sweet, too boring, too sugary, too 'been done to death'. And don't even get me started on the self-righteous drama-queen that is Angie-Pangy, of the mediocre acting ability...

But I love it, and I didn't want to. It went on a bit 'meh' and I was relieved. But then it changed into something so expensive smelling, so beautiful. As much as I hate to admit it, it's possibly the most beautiful perfume I'e ever smelled. The vanilla drydown isn't creamy, it's more powdery. It actually smells like the most feminine puff powder, like it's 'puffed up' into the air around you.

I'm not normally mad-keen on lavender either, but this is heavenly. Here, it stops the composition getting sickly or too sweet. It keeps things fresh and stops it getting heavy and cloying like hypnotic poison can do sometimes. (and I love HP, it's defo a top 10, but it is a tad heavy.)

When the 'spun sugar' vibe settles down and dims, it pretty much makes me weep because it's so perfect. It's so soft and gentle, yet almost physical with the 'puffing' vanilla effect in the air around you. You know how some vanilla perfume can smell like you've spilt icecream down you? This doesn't. It's a perfect vanilla.

Projection is average but longevity is the longest I've ever encountered, and my skin even eats up a chanel in a matter of hours.

Whit
Whit

I got this yesterday, and I couldn't wait to test it out. it was a windy, rainy day and when I put this on, it just oozed cozy vanilla-tonka warmth and sweetness. I actually really like it, to be honest. On me, it has a sweetness, but it's a powdery vanilla sweet, not sugary. I get lots of tonka on my skin, which coupled with the vanilla, makes it warm. I do get lavender woven throughout as well. It's sort of gourmand on me, but but it's like a fresh gourmand if that makes sense.

Longevity is good, but sillage is low, making it a good work scent. Honestly, it reminds me a warm, sweet hug. I do agree with other reviewers that you need to have an open mind if you're going to test this. Lovers of classic Guerlain will probably be disappointed. I love the classics as well, but this is nice too. It's not bad, but I do believe that Guerlain, along with other houses, are playing it a bit too safe nowadays. I would like to see more edge in perfumery.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it. Do test it if you're not sure and take the negativity on here with a grain of salt. Sure, this isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but that's the beauty of perfumery!

jellybeantree

This fragrance has an addictive quality about it . It's addictively beautiful! Thierry Wasser is an amazing perfumer and hats off to him for all his masterpieces!

personagrata
personagrata

I am sorry to say that, but it smells like Angel powdery, nothing innovative or idriguing. At least, it is not water.But, a no from me. I was expecting something more.I think that after "la petite robe noire" series, Guerlain is not what it used to be....:(

knotslandinggirl
knotslandinggirl

This perfume embodies a uniqueness,and I love it for that.

It is a departure to the sweet fragrances out there,and the market needs something like this.

The freshness from lavender,a modern lavender that is,the playfulness and femininity of sambac jasmine,the strength and seduction from sandalwood,and finally the Tahitian vanilla gives it a roundness of a slight gourmand feel.

Yet it is the freshness and soft spicyness of the coumarin that gives it a body and strength with the sandalwood that really gives this fragrance some oomph.The sambac Jasmine gives it a sexiness,but for me the sandalwood in this makes the fragrance sing.....cue the chorus of angels.

This is a truly modern fragrance yet embodies a style of yesteryear
......in other words this is right up my street.....well done Guerlain.

Longevity 10 lasting power 8 hours
Projection 9 radiates at 6 feet
Performance 10 a day or night fragrance

A masterpiece!

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Not the common fruitchouli no. 1001. This is elegant and refined but in a youthful and modern way.
On me the lavender does not show. It is all powdery, lipstickey and charming on me. Not overly sweet, not cloying. Just pleasing the senses.
Actually, Mon Guerlain very much reminds me of Shalimar Initial that I owned a few years ago. Similar concept but less sweet and girly.
To be frank, I do not see an Angelina Jolie type lady wearing this but that´s just my opinion.
This fragrance is a laughing, bubbly, innocent-looking (but not necessarily minded) girl/woman who brightens up a room when she enters it. My first notion : Audrey Hepburn eating croissants on 5th Avenue.

meliecat
meliecat

I was sure that this one is `just another sweet-sweet-sugary sweet` scent, but I was wrong! I actually have it on for the last few hours and it works really well with my skin! However, a nice (nice enough) it is, somehow at the end of the day I only find it to be a mixture of all the other scents from Guerlain that I really adore on their own..So the honey element from Idylle, the iris from Shalimar Perfume Initial and the powder and vanilla from L`Instant..It is a great idea to throw them all in a big cauldron and see what happens, but instead of this number I`d still choose the aforementioned ones, separately. However, if it fell on my lap one day, I`d gladly spray away and not a bother, it is a really pleasant perfume, probably one of the nicer ones I`ve tried for a long time! The sillage is remarkable, obviously Guerlain doesn`t disappoint in this department.
I do not approve of AJ being the face of this perf though - she doesn`t suit the house`s image at all. The bottle is a bit plain, but at least it`s not trying too hard to sell itself, which is also a good sign. I`d recommend it to any age group really.

bianca.rogoveanu
bianca.rogoveanu

Enormous longevity on clothes. On the skin I think the PH has a big word to say. Anyway, a beautiful fragrance, high quality, it IS and it SMELLS expensive, like all Guerlain fragrances.

Nothing to do with La Vie est Belle by Lancome or Angel by Thierry Mugler. Yes, it's sweet at the base, but the sweetness comes in a form of soft powdery vanilla, not overpowering at all. Can't find any resemblance with La Petite Robe Noire either.

Extremely feminine, there is nothing masculine in this scent.

Words like generic, familiar, mainstream, crowd pleaser, HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH "Mon Guerlain".

I saw someone said it's vulgar and unrefined. Personally, I can't find a more delicate and well blended fragrance.

P.S. Don't read and trust all the comments. GO and try it yourself and if you enjoy it, take the 100 ml bottle, you won't regret it !

veynor11
veynor11

Unique but still fits into the ever so popular mainstream trend therefore office friendly and can be worn all year round. Not sugary and the lavender keeps it interesting,you can tell the ingredients are top notch. Comes alive beautifully on my skin. Intimate, sensual, cocooning. I expected nothing less from the House of Guerlain. Big Love.

Michylaka
Michylaka

Mon Guerlain is beautiful! The Lavender is very feminine here and mixed with the decadent Vanilla and sensual Coumarin it is divine. The idea per Thierry Wasser is that Lavender is a floral not just an aromatic note. He and Delphine Jelk certainly have achieved that. I love it!

Upon first spritz I smell the Lavender mixed with some Citrus softened by the Vanilla and moderately sweet, powdery Coumarin. It is not sharp or tingly in any way to my nose. The heavenly Lavender is strongest within the first thirty minutes. Then it mellows out allowing the wondrous Jasmine to become noticeable which adds a very romantic dimension. The Iris is most detectable in the dry down with its Powdery note peeking out as well. The Sandalwood is also most noticeable in the drydown adding its aromatic, woody, Earthy vibe.

This fragrance is a calming, soft beauty with its Floral notes and very prominent Vanilla. Guerlain has the best Vanilla too! It is unmistakable and it is here to give Mon Guerlain that classy and Guerlainian energy. No Guerlainade but no big deal to me. Mon Guerlain still has that special something.

As for Angelina's involvement...I think she is a beautiful and effective spokeswoman for Mon Guerlain. She has done and continues to do some very great Humanitarian work in her older years. That is what I respect about her along with her acting talent (Maleficent...my favorite role of hers). The fact that her revenue for this is going to charity makes me very happy. Go girl!! Right?

I don't understand the dislike for this fragrance. I know it is not the normal Guerlain but it is beautiful. It is safe for the most part and unoffensive. I think this would make a great office scent. The sillage is strong at first and the longevity is about six hours on me but it is mostly a soft (within arm's length) scent for the last couple of hours. I also noticed that strangely it wears better on my chest and behind my ears than on my arms. I take it as a sign that MG will do well in the warmer months.

I thought it may be a more modern Jicky but it is not and that is fine. There is nothing Spicy or Animalic about it but I love it anyway. I will be wearing it often. This is what I unknowingly wanted and I am happy. Give her a test. If you are not usually into most of Guerlain's offerings this one may be for you.

IrisLily

Just got this in the mail from Sephora. I have read the so-so reviews, but I love Guerlain, so I had reasonably high expectations and few worries about a blind buy. And...I am in love!!! I am no fan of Angelina Jolie and do not see her as the face of Guerlain, but whatever--the fragrance is delicious! My first reaction is that it is a mixture of several of my very favorite Guerlains rolled up and meshed into one yummy concoction. I smell the lavender of Jicky, the soft, creamy violet of L'Heure Bleue, and the vanilla and lemon of Shalimar Souffle, with a tiny berry hint of La Petite Robe Noire. Haven't had it on an hour yet, but that is my first impression. I wish I had bought the larger bottle. I have no concern that others think it has too much mass market appeal. For me it is perfect and maybe even signature worthy.

Ggillespie

I made three blind-buy fragrance purchases in the same day. I find my blind buy frags are my favorite. I love Guerlain's Elixirr Coquin, that was probably my best blind buy. I think I was expecting the same quality for this one. Anyway, last week I bought Mon Guerlin, Sweet Like Candy and Bonbon. Maybe it's me. Maybe my body chemistry is equipped to handle cheap fruity sweet stuff, not sure but I love the other two and I despise this one. At first spray, I smell tons of lavender. Not fresh, but more of a powdery, cheap, Avon quality lavender. Like a toilet cake. Overbearing, cloying lavender. Dry down was even worse. I never smelled vanilla or anything sweet. Just iris and lavender. I kept smelling my wrist thinking I've smelled this exact scent before. I quickly realize it's Burberry The Beat. Exactly like The Beat, which I purchased once and regretted. This just doesn't do it for me. I did however, spray some cheap Ari Sweet Like Candy over it, and I was able to handle the scent until shower time. I don't smell Flowerbomb, or Coquin, or LVEB like others smell. Just The Beat. And I absolutely cannot see Angelina Jolie ever wearing this. Nothing interesting going on here at all. Please don't hate me, just like other scents this lands different on everyone. I've never carried scents well. Some of my faves for reference-Tom Ford Oud Fleur, guerlain Coquin, My Burberry Black, Byredo Super Cedar and Gypsy Water

mshilov
mshilov

I don't know how to vote, really. This new generation of mass-pleasing fragrances makes me feel confused. It's pleasant, even elegant at the beginning (despite of pink juice), but so very quickly it becomes kind of common and fades away without leaving a trace just in few hours... It turns into a soft skin scent, almost intimate, maybe perfect for boudoir? Is it really what women desperately want today, something safe and slightly unusual - thanks to the hint of lavender? Maybe. Mon Guerlain is not a bad scent, it doesn't disgust me at all. But does it please me? Not really, even if I find the drydown interesting and less ordinary comparing to many other big launches. Maybe it would not be the disappointment if it was not Guerlain. But I still do remember fantastic, full of character perfumes created by this maison in the past, even if nowadays I hardly see on the shelves anything except La Petite Robe Noire. And these memories of the glorious past inside of me, this respect to what Guerlain means to me, make me put this nicely crafted quadrilobe bottle back on the shelf.

app9
app9

Maybe the most mundane perfume by Guerlain, ever. In my opinion, it's not that well made and it smells super generic (on my skin it's like a Paris Hilton perfume...)

Even though the notes are nice, the result is so bland it makes me mad. I was so excited bout the lavender, tonka and vanilla. The latter it delivers, for sure. But it's somehow too sweet and bitter at the same time. The bottle is pretty, though. And the longevity is fine as well. Shame, shame, shame. Boo.

jellybeantree

I caved and bought this ! I thought it wasn't long lasting on me but it lasts a very long time on clothes. It sucked me in . It's beautiful. This could fight Angel muse to be my signature. I got two 30 ml body lotions as a gift with my purchase . Normally you only get 1! I'm very happy!

preskal
preskal

In spite the massive marketing campaign I was hoping that this will be something more intriguing and original,not the next general pleaser. But it was not. Without any doubt Mon Gurelain is an elegant and very wearable perfume, trying to create in my opinion a new mainstream fashion in perfumes. Like Coco Mademoiselle and Dior Cherie did 10 years ago.
Lavender is barely there, if it was not listed in the notes I wouldn't smell it at all. Jasmine and vanilla and some tonka, that's it. Nothing special, nothing unique, nothing new.
However I predict it will be a best-seller.

lalondem
lalondem

I like this but Tonka eventually becomes too heavy for me and induces headaches. Same with Shalimar ;(

Scentmad
Scentmad

I predict this fragrance will be a much needed roaring success for Guerlain.

This is merely my interpretation as I'm not a nose.

MG opens with a lot of floral notes including Iris and lavender. It is sparkling with a sweetness countered with a lovely citrus sharpness that Guerlain is known for and then in come gourmand notes - vanilla, Tonka and I pick up pink peppercorns- and a greenness that's a delight. Base notes are creamy, the pepper/sweet/sharp remain. (It reminds me of euphoria but more sophisticated). And finally an aromatic note that's like fudgy pipe tobacco laced with musk comes in. It's very unusual in that it's linear and a pyramid structure at the same time.

Clever and beautiful. I love this. I have spent an evening wearing it and I'm just loving it. I wish I'd bought the100ml now rather than the 50ml. This is from a person who is a little dismissive of big floral openings.

nudecharme
nudecharme

The opening smells so good. It starts soft fresh and sweet with some spice a bit like Angel. But from the middle until end it turns to Bonbon Victor&rolf which is really bad.

Migalex
Migalex

I do not know if I am ever going to be able to wear this because, simply, it smells too nice. I have the feeling that I would not be able to concentrate on anything and ten or twenty sniffs later I would faint for pleasure. It is not innovative at all and it is a type of fragrance I do not even usually appreciate. it smells, to me, of almond and vanilla or Tonka bean, reminding me of Givenchy Pi, YSL Cinema and a mixture of l'Instant Magique, which I love, and Hypmotic Poison, which I frankly dislike. It is not strong or complex, and for its lack of character, I might not even be able to identify it on another person. If not, maybe, for passing out after a dozen sniffs, for its smelling too nice to be experienced awake.

Babieluv
Babieluv

To me it smells like if TM's Angel and Lancome's La Vie Est Belle had a baby. Very beautiful and somewhat calming scent!

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

"Mon Exclusif" was probably not the best perfume made by Guerlain, but it had something special about it.
Now, "Mon Guerlain" took the basic idea behind "Mon Exclusif", simplified the notes, "aired" it up a bit, and left it a mainstream, pale, sweet and banal scent.
I had higher hopes for this one, but find it a less impressive player in Guerlain's "sucrinade" team, not even close to LPRN or even LPRNI.

Soutty123

I dismissed this for being meh when I smelled it on a card last week. Today I was given a free sample and I tried it on my skin and - wow! I love it. This is the first Guerlain fragrance that has every really suited me. It's true that's a bit maintstream but there is something a bit special about it, something a bit lolita lempicka like. It's a very soothing scent (the lavender maybe?) I love it. Definitely my next buy.

Daria_21

Well ladies, who knew my husband is actually listening when I talk his ear off about perfume?! I posted a review below after trying this on my skin and obtaining a sample from Sephora last week. Prior to this, I had gone on about how I was debating blind buying Mon Guerlain, but didn't. Well, low and behold, I come home yesterday and there it was, the 50ml waiting for me on our dining room table like a beacon in the night, courtesy of my husband.

Now that I've had a chance to properly test this out of a full bottle, I must alter my review a little. I will admit, full stop - I really like this. My husband really loves it too, and that's saying a lot, since he never comments on my fragrances unless I pretty much force him to.

Yes, it does smell a little "mainstream," but I guess I'm a mainstream kind of gal, because all of the fragrances I own are what one would consider mainstream. Mon Guerlain will be pleasing to the masses, and I now see why. It's a very pleasant, soft, incredibly feminine, quality perfume that people will delight in smelling on you. It has that classic Guerlain, powdery, non-edible vanilla dry down, and it's just lovely. Also - the longevity is quite something - I can easily smell this on me the next day. The projection is stronger than I originally thought, too - my husband commented that he could still easily smell this on me several hours after applying it (2 sprays), so I guess my nose just became used to it, as it so often does with fragrance.

It reminds me of Flowerbomb - does anybody else feel this way too?! They are not the same fragrance at all, but when I smell this, I think of Flowerbomb. They are somewhat in the same vein, at least to my nose. I'm really not great at discerning various notes, but I do smell lavender in the opening, which makes this more unique.

All in all, I'm not sure that I would have bought this for myself, but now that I have it, it really is quite pretty, and very much a quality fragrance that I'm happy to have in my collection. So what if it's considered generic or mainstream? Fragrance is all about what you think smells good. If you think it smells nice, and you get pleasure out of wearing it - that's really all that matters!

If you're considering purchasing this, or if you're on the fence, do try not to let the reviews sway you too much (although it's hard, I know!) Try it out for yourself, let your nose be your guide, and you will not go wrong :)

joov84
joov84

First impressions:

Very good fragrance right here. i was impressed. it reminded me a little bit of each of the following:
Xerjoff 1861 Naxos
Parfums de Marly Layton
Guerlain l'homme ideal EDT

tastinginstereo
tastinginstereo

This is and at the same time isn't what I was expecting.
Positives first, the dry down is absolutely beautiful. It is unmistakably Guerlain, that very distinct vanilla the house does so well. It's more subtle and "airier" for lack of a better word, than say your SDV or Shalimar Cologne, but the DNA is there. I am thoroughly enjoying the dry down, and sometimes I think there's even a hint of Elixir Charnel Gourman Coquin in there (hands down my favorite fragrance of all time).

However, the first few hours of wearing this did not bring the same enjoyment. Spraying it on I was quite surprised by how very sweet it was. I get an almost cloying hit of almond, very reminiscent of Lolita Lempicka, a perfume I don't enjoy that much. The whole composition those few hours feels very young, and I can definitely see how this perfume has been created with a younger demographic in mind.
Without the dry down this is just another sugary crowd pleaser, nothing special and definitely not something I'd expect Guerlain to put out. The dry down really makes this in my opinion, but I also feel like that isn't enough. I don't want to suffer through the top notes to get to that beautiful vanilla when other Guerlains offer it up much more freely.

Definitely give this one a shot, I think it will work for a lot of people, however, I'd stay away from blind buying.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Extremely similar if not completely identical to the earlier release "Mon Exclusif". I was surprised to see this on the display stand in Boots yesterday as I had obviously missed the memo on this being given a mainstream release.

I am not sure whether it is completely identical to Mon Exclusif, particularly because I was sniffing it within the fragrance department of a large store. It becomes somewhat difficult to differentiate and isolate individual notes of a single fragrance when the general environment is so saturated with fragrance, and all the senses are over-stimulated anyway.
But from what I could discern it is extremely similar to Mon Exclusif even if this isn't the exact same scent. If I could test them together, side by side, I could obviously provide a better answer on the degree of similarity betwixt the two perfumes.
As it is, I could pick out from "Mon Guerlain" some of the familiar notes of from "Mon Exclusif", these being lavender, tonka, vanilla, that lightly salted butter note, and I also felt I could smell a clean and light jasmine, and what seemed to be a soft clean neroli or orange blossom note, along with a sweetened powdery-musky-pink Guerlainade.

So clearly to me it smelled extremely similar. Perhaps the butter note was played down somewhat but as I say, without trying them together it is hard to say with 100% certainty. That said though, given the name, the bottle, the colour of the juice, the familiarity of the scent etc I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the same perfume, or one extremely heavily influenced by and closely related to Mon Exclusif.

Of course this then begs the questions of why relaunch this scent under a modified name if it is indeed the same, rather than just broaden the availability of the original, or why launch a scent so close to one already in existence and with such similar name etc? It seems a little odd to me. The woman in store promoting the fragrance seemed to know little or nothing about other Guerlain perfumes and was mostly just keen to tell anyone within earshot that Angelina Jolie is the "face" of this perfume, apparently, even though I did not see her image anywhere in store and certainly nowhere near the perfume display!

Anyway, the upshot is, there are a few questions wanting answers, but generally it is a pleasant if unoriginal aroma, and if you wanted the Exclusif but couldn't afford or access it, this might be your answer.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Firstly that bottle is divine, the fragrance is immaculately presented, the scent itself, just glorious, Guerlain know what they're doing with matters vanilla. Utterly love it, and will be wearing it. Class act.

Odonatoptera
Odonatoptera

Reminds me Avon`s "Tomorrow" and "Bond Girl 007": "Mon Guierlain" = more vanilla + some kind of spice, same sweet but without vivid peach, although the notes seems to be different.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Mon Guerlain

Guerlain

Bergamot Orange Lavender

Iris Jasmine Sambac

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Vanilla

My Guerlain! Mine!

This is the latest by Thierry Wasser for the house of Guerlain. He brought us Shalimar Parfum Initial & L'Homme Ideal among many others. Now he has tweaked L'Homme, gives a nod to Gaultier's Le Male and creates a ravishing new perfume based on the vanillin that he has become so comfortable with. Hands down one of the loveliest vanilla based fragrances available right now. That being said I believe that vanilla is a note that is neither feminine nor masculine and is in fact unisex and enjoyable by both sexes. The vanilla in this frag is hardly original but it is pleasant and exquisite. A number of things went through my mind as I tested it at the Guerlain boutique in Paris during Fashion Week. I thought that this was a modernized and feminized Le Male as well as a kind of feminine version of the man's cologne L'Homme Ideal (which I wear). But the more it wore on my skin the more I loved it and got to know it as an entirely different fragrance with merits of it's own. I couldn't resist and bought it. Taking it back to New York with me.

The first spritz of Mon Guerlain is a fresh and sharp Shalimar-style citrus. It's a bergamot orange blast. It's perfumy and quite strong so careful when you spray. A lavender spicy-floral scent follows it. This citrusy-lavender opening is quite unisex and in fact masculine. It starts off like a man's citrus based cologne with lavender overtone similar to aftershave and similar to the scent of shaving cream or foam in the style of Le Male by Gaultier. I thought why on earth would they do this? But before long it softens and becomes a fabulously feminine floral jasmine with sambac. This white floral note is very strong in my nose and it's a very showy jasmine. Because of the vanilla note that comes up the jasmine is almost a gardenia white floral note with vanilla accents. The sweetness turns powdery when the iris is introduced. In fact this not only contains the iris flower but the root of iris more commonly known in fragrance as the note of orris root. The powder scent is still on the unisex side because it is not talc powder but the kind of barbershop powder from the old days. Very stylish nonetheless, and classic, evocative of a vintage Shalimar from the 50's. I don't know if anyone else is picking up on it but there is also a brief and passing nod to Samsara with an inky starchy iris and sandalwood partnership. The sandalwood emerges in the dry down. The sandal and vanilla are very Guerlain in it's nature. So eventually this turns into a kind of hodgepodge of nostalgic and familiar Guerlain fragrances mixed up together!

The dry notes are distinct vanilla that dominates the scent. Rather a gourmand and edible vanilla bean. Delicious and sweet, cake-like, frosting, but before long it becomes a masculine musk, a sandalwood woodsy note. I find that there could have been more base notes but the unlisted musk is doing it's job of holding up the florals and citrus. There is definitely musk in this scent. It's a leathery musk, or suede, and the powder notes are still there making this an interesting boudoir scent. This is just such a fascinating fragrance. Mon Guerlain is indeed OUR GUERLAIN a kind of miniature all-Guerlain perfume fragrance. It does so much in so little time. In the first hour I was feeling like it is a fine day wear fragrance for spring and summer with it's citrus and floral headiness, stylish but casual (a la Shalimar Parfum Initial and then it turns into a luxurious man's cologne with vanilla base as in L'Homme Ideal. Thierry Wasser must have tweaked the formula just a bit but it's a gorgeous experiment.

Mon Guerlain can be worn with light fabric cool clothes in spring and summer. It's white blouses, polo shirts, cotton tops, and V necks, where you can apply the perfume right over your naval. The sweetness is never ever cloying and the dry down is a deep rich vanilla and suede-leather musk of remarkable quality. I'm so happy I took the plunge and bought it despite the fact that the price is rather high right now. I wish that it didn't have this pan-fragrance thing and it was something bold and wild but then again it is Guerlain and they play it safe since they are not Etat Libre D'Orange. Still it's a very classy and beautiful fragrance which has to be smelled and worn to be believed. This should last me a whole year before they come up with something new. It's Guerlain the eternal fragrance line. I enjoyed this scent very much.

Thank You Guerlain.

Mr. Beaux
Mr. Beaux

Mon Guerlain is, basically, Mon Exclusif adapted to the mainstream market. It feels brighter and softer, but the perfume is almost the same.

At first, you can smell a powdery, soft and clean lavender. Then, the perfume evolves to a well done, but uninspired, vanilla-tonka-caramel-marshmallow accord, in the vein of "La vie est belle" or Armani "Si":

Thanks to the aromatic nuances of lavender, the formula is not cloyingly sweet, and it's a nice take on the mainstream trend of ultrasweet accords. It is an uncomplicated, easy perfume, quite cosmetic and "motherly". A "Petite Robe Noire" for adult women. But the lack of imagination is noticeable. Again, marketing wins over quality and creativity.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

My first impressions are that this smells rather like "Hypnose" by Lancome or even "Le Male" by JPG. Heady vanilla and caramelized jasmine with an overdose of linalool. It's very mainstream smelling, I would have a hard time identifying it from the plethora of sweet sticky jasmine frags out there for young women today. Meh.

rob2b
rob2b

MON GUERLAIN: L'Homme Idéal au féminin?

If you smell Mon Guerlain and Guerlain's L'Homme Idéal EDT side-by-side, there is a definite similarity. Even though almond is not listed in Guerlain's pyramid, Mon Guerlain shares a vanilla-tonka-almond accord that we find in L'Homme Idéal. It's an accord that I really love and recognised immediately.
Mon Guerlain opens with a lavender note and thereafter, a smooth sweetness takes over. It is sophisticated, more restrained than I had expected and really very nice.

I went shopping with a female friend and we both tried Mon Guerlain on skin. On her, a lover of heavy orientals and ouds, it didn't work. On my skin Mon Guerlain is a cosy, warm suede, warmed with fruit, vanilla and a subtle smokiness.
Would I wear this? -Totally...although probably under my work shirt so it would diffuse gently. If you're a smart, well-dressed guy, you can definitely carry this one off. It's smart and the sweetness is certainly no more noticeable than some other men's fragrances such as Kalemat by Arabian Oud, a caramel woody amber.
Yes, Guerlain have gone down a slightly commercial route with this release. But you know what? I cannot stop smelling my wrist!
Composition: 9/10
Wearability: 7/10
Uniqueness: 6/10
Comfort-factor: 10/10 (published at thescentgentblog 3/3/17)

jellybeantree

Wonderful fragrance , it only lasts 1 hour on me unfortunately ! Beautifully executed though!

A French Affair
A French Affair

(My) Mon Guerlain edp arrived today. I must say, I am very glad I did not listen to the "ho-hum" reviews of this fragrance. Definitely worthy of the exquisite bottle. I have had it on my wrist for about four hours. I took a long walk and let it settle in. I do agree that there are hints of YSL's Cinema, and maybe a bit of the green vs sweet of SJP's covet. That is where the comparisons end for me. I do not care for the cloying La Petite Robe Noir, and detect none of that. This is a sweet fragrance at first spritz. I am usually not a lover of sweet fragrances, except for the gorgeous Cinema. I am absolutely captivated by it. I don't find it simple, and certainly not an innocent kind of sweet. This has a very full, smoky darker undertone that is quite compelling, and very characteristic of a Guerlain classic. This could, I dare say, be a masterpiece. The liquid is sparkling pink, yet the dry down is a glittering, dark Garnet....spicy, complex, mysterious, warm, and certainly in my rotation now. This is a fragrance for a woman, not a girl. It is much better than Les Exclusifs, of which I never was a fan. Les Exclusifs sits heavy while Mon Guerlain takes flight on fresh herbaceous wings, and settles into a sultry, smoky vanilla. I let my husband smell, and he said "It's good...very good, but probably too feminine for me to wear." Got to love that man! .❤️️ Bravo Guerlain!

Mich03
Mich03

Absolutely love this one! I mean really love it.
Lavender is there in the beginning. I thought it was quite similar to Jersey by Chanel which I also love but was willing to dismiss because I have Jersey already, but it quickly lost the lavender( in minutes) and vanilla replaced it. About 10 mins later I thought : I smell Joop Le Bain( Lancaster). Yes it was Mon Guerlain smelling exactly like my beloved Joop Le Bain that is very hard to find now. Went straight back to buy a big bottle !!! Hours later I can still smell it. It is NOTHING like the boring fruity florals that are constantly coming out as "new" fragrances. NOTHING! I am so thrilled with it. What a lovely cozy and warming scent.
Well done for steering away from "same old". I hope it is very successful.

Myjulo
Myjulo

The lavender opening of this perfume is quite unique for a designer fragrance. Like mentioned before, it's not masculine at all and is really fresh. When this opening dies down a bit, the jasmine comes to play. Also a very beautiful in this perfume. It is not super distinguishable but certainly there.

It also has a sugary sweetness right away. This part is far less unique and beautiful to me. It really reminds me of highly popular scents such as flowerbomb. This note is too mainstream for my liking and, for me, brings my appreciation for this fragrance down.

When the perfume dries down, however, this sweetness remains but gets softened a lot by the vanilla, tonka and eventually sandalwood. This does make the sweetnesss much more gentle and sophisticated than flowerbomb or, f.e., la vie est belle. However, I'm still a bit disappointed in this fragrance because of the over familiar sweet notes throughout.

6.5/10

andrewatic
andrewatic

First of all, to everyone who intends to try Mon Guerlain: do it with open mind, and don’t get influenced or discouraged by any negative reviews. I personally made this experience number of times that some of the naysayers were often either slightly anosmic or biased.
I believe, the best way to test any scent from any house is to do it without any expectations whatsoever.

Although Guerlain is undoubtedly an authority when it comes to fragrance creation committed to quality and innovation, they don’t necessarily have to prove to the world with each launch, that their product is innovative, and their quality worth the money they ask for. They have already done so, many times over within the past 189 years of their existence. And the fact alone that they are still around today, proves their point.

Mon Guerlain is, commercially looking at it, a splendid offering. It is above all current, very youthful but not naïve, while simultaneously complex enough to satisfy the appetites of a more demanding and/or mature clientele. On top of it, you get it in a beautiful, sexy new version of the historical quadrilobe bottle, reserved so far only for the extrait version of Guerlain fragrances. I think that’s already a pretty good deal.

The fragrance is a very wearable mélange of slightly bitter, crisp citrus top notes, soft lavender with an exceptionally floral aspect rather than a herbal one, jasmin sambac with its typical voluptuous candy-like quality in the heart, sensual vanilla of course, plus some quiet woody base notes. The whole composition is masterfully balanced, and like other Guerlain fragrances it takes you on a long journey through its development stages.

Mon Guerlain is certainly not loud, so you don’t risk being announced by a cloud of fragrance before you even enter the room. It’s quiet in a good and sophisticated way, while its longevity is excellent. I detect the fragrance’s dry down still going strong the next day on clothing and on a blotter. And indeed, the dry down is wonderful. Warm, soft, floral-candy whisper, not overly sweet, with some acidulous-fruit hues to it – very addictive.

It definitely is worth giving it a day’s wearing, to fully appreciate its complexity and discover all its facets. Absolutely thumbs up from me!

agarobka
agarobka

I love it, surprisingly, for after so many bad reviews I thought I would be disappointed. Didn't even want to give it a try at the store where I went to buy the new Narciso Rodriguez. But the clerk decided for me... I was given a sample of Mon Guerlain and used it after my evening bath.

What a DIVINE fragrance!<3
Lavender and vanilla mix gave me a sense of serenity in an instant. Yes it's relatively strong, to put it mildly :) with rather poor sillage and longevity, but I don't care. I want to sniff my wrist all the time when I'm wearing it, Mon Guerlain gives me so deep sense of peace and being in right place, not chasing anything, just feeling good with inner me. Yes, I can easily imagine Angelina Jolie actually liking this fragrance (even though we all know how the commercials work;)) And when thinking of her wearing it I think "By the sea".

frag girl
frag girl

This smells like a bakewell tart. When this fragrance came in a month ago as a proto-type I was super excited and I wore it for a day and then it faded away into nothing. Was very excited for Angelina's own fragrance but this one is a huge let down. I would wear this on your skin before you commit to buying this. For Guerlain and Angelina, I was expecting something more sophisticated. To me, this perfume is not classy at all. 6/10 for the bottle alone.

sleep2dream
sleep2dream

I haven't tried Mon Exclusif, but the first thing I thought while smelling Mon Guerlain was "Lolita Lempicka". The vanilla, violet, liquorice and faint lavender give a very similar feel. I still smell violet in the drydown, 6 hours later. I think it's a crowd pleasing, simpler and sweeter version of Lolita.
Projection is moderate, it's not as sweet and powerful as Loverdose or La Vie Est Belle, but it still lasts for a long time.
It's pleasant, noticeable without being too strong, so I think it's a good mainstream fragrance release. But from Guerlain, I'm extremely disappointed that they invested so much in a perfume that reminds of other successful fragrances, with nothing to stand out on its own. I don't think I could smell it in the street and recognize it...

FeltFace
FeltFace

I have little stake in Guerlain's usual standard since sadly none of their creations work for me. But I do understand the disappointment when a house with a great history, and that you have history with, lets you down. (Looking at Dior of late.)

After reading the complaints and spats between forum members about the fragrance and ad campaign, I just had to smell what the fuss was all about. I didn't analyse it in detail, but the bottom line is a sweet scent balanced with herbal aspects. Essentially, just what I like in winter. Even from a completely detached perspective, it's a much less simplistic and grating sweetness than so many other popular perfumes out there.
If I didn't consider my collection mostly complete, I might even consider it.

About Angelina, I've never admired her acting or envied her looks, like I do some others. But to give credit where it's due - she looks better than ever! A mature age suits her well, she looks plenty worthy and classy, as well as classical, to represent Guerlain.
(For a truly cringe-worthy ad campaign, look no further than the farce Chanel did with her ex.)
But in the scheme of things, there are many much worse people out there, as well as more important issues, such as what smells good. ;)

MWGM
MWGM

VANILLA, vanilla and... vanilla.

yukaori
yukaori

simple, clean, sweat
innocent angelina jolie
Bergamot remhnds me *simply pink Aquolina * love

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

I see (Daria_21) had said what I wanted to say.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

The opening is magical with that burst of lavender and bitter bergamot. I think I'm minority, but I don't remember smelling lavender combined with such a strong vanilla base before. It's stunning and refreshing. I wish it lasted longer than a couple of minutes.

After that, it's a consistent, simple, kind of linear vanilla-tonka-sandalwood scent after that. It's a bit on the powdery side, but nothing unbearable (powdery vanillas are usually not my vice). It changes a little bit with time: after 6-7 hours, the tonka and sandalwood fade, and I'm left with a lovely, silky vanilla.

I got to test it side by side with Mon Exclusif, because I have a sample of that: Mond Guerlain's a simplified version of it. Mon Exclusif has a more pronounced, longer lasting lavender, and the complexity of the notes has a deeper, spicier effect on the opening, but the drydown is almost the same. Mon Guerlain doesn't that strange, cloying butter note, and I personally prefer it this way.

It's super long lasting. 10 hours easily, and sillage is still an arm's length.

anamalia
anamalia

very sugar sweet, dries down to a herbal lavender sugar ball. very youthful, very current. rather one dimensional.

miletas89
miletas89

I've been looking for a signature fragrance for years. And for me, perfume is not just about the liquid inside. Perfume is a whole experience that begins when you enter a perfume shop. As far as perfume houses, there is not one that has captivated me more than Guerlain. I love the history, I love the aesthetic, and most of all, I love the charm. The charm of the bottle, the beauty of color, that pleasant moment when you see nothing on your dressing table but a perfect bottle of your favorite perfume. All of this is equally important. So I've tested and bought many fragrances in the past, but none were the package of perfection that Mon Guerlain is. Something was always missing (or in excess!) The bottle was too this, the fragrance was too that, the price was too high to be sustainable, the release was exclusive. Then Mon Guerlain came along. And it completely made me fall in love. Everything about this is perfect. From the bottle to the fragrance, the whole experience is just right. The perfume is gorgeous. It's warm without being heavy. It's sweet without being cloying. It's fresh without being sharp. It's feminine without being "girly." It's feminine without being "granny." I could get rid of all my other perfumes and wear this every single day for the rest of my life. And when something like that comes along, you better pray they don't discontinue it!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Ohhh, it's about time Guerlain ! finally a new release that is worth all the $168+tax I paid at Shoppers Drug Mart !
Amazingly delicious, it's so good cannot get enough ! This is a perfume that could pass for unisex, not necessarily feminine. It is a vanilla lavender tonka combo, with tiny hints of Musc Ravageur thrown in to keep things interesting l
Lasting power is good , silage average. The bottle is lovely elegant , simple and classy.
It is very different from the newer trends, mainly because it feels balsamic, it is not very sweet nor fresh, oriental, spicy, or fruity.
I love it ! But try before you buy, I cannot see this becoming a crowd pleaser .

palebluemoon
palebluemoon

what's new in this? vanilla? if then else..
such a softer copy of spiritueuse double vanille..
soft and feminine but similar to many guerlain perfumes ..
end of story

angel6
angel6

Got a sample today. My initial felling was that smell like Shalimar initial with perhaps a touch of Tom Ford Noir Pour femme. I'm disappointing because it smell generic been done before.

Daria_21

Finally tested this on my skin in Sephora, and brought home a sample. I've been pouring over the reviews on Fragrantica, debating on whether to blind buy this one (prior to trying it in store), and I'm glad I didn't.

It starts off as a fresh, kind of herbal, slightly vanillic lavender scent, with projection being moderate for the first hour. I see several votes for enormous projection, and I'm wondering if we're smelling the same fragrance!?!??!

It dried down quickly on my skin, and gone was the lavender, as quickly as it came. I was left with a fairly generic, somewhat uninteresting, powdery, non-edible vanilla that I had to press my nose to my skin to smell.

It's pleasant, but definitely not full bottle worthy in my opinion, and nothing innovative. I don't think this would offend anybody, as it's so light and soft, so it would be safe for the office. I was so expecting more with Mon Guerlain, and I'm sad to say it's a bit of a disappointment.

Feli15
Feli15

Starts off very promising, fresh citrusy, sweet hay and a hint of roasted almonds, herbal lavender and my eyes sparkle at this brief image of Provencal summer in my mind but soon after all I'm left with is powdery vanilla toffee and rather cheap smelling sandalwood note. So sad.

mlehun
mlehun

Got this in a sample. I did not see the adverts so I came with a mostly open mind. The caveat is that I do think Guerlain has had a few masterpieces.

First impressions: tbh I think I like this.I am def not repulsed by it at all. The dry down-which is the important part is subtle but complicated at the same time. Something about it almost reminds me of a new car..not sure if that is a great thing or not. I would be fairly happy to own a bottle of this.I'd use it as an everyday "going about my business" type scent. It's not a here I am in the room type scent, you'd have to come close to get a whiff.

Overall I'd need to try this out a few times to decide whether I'd buy a bottle as it is not an immediate I must have this but I do like it. I'm just trying to decide how much I want it in my collection.

emyalda
emyalda

Unimpressed
First spray i got alcohol, with a hint of citrus and lavender.
And a kind of candy sweetness, not intense though.
As it settles it becomes even lighter and all i can pick up is a really light herbal smell.

dovey
dovey

Just gave it a try is nice & sweet
I am pretty sure there is caramel notes as well
Its similar to prada candy , dior poison girl & bonbon van clif & arpel

pauroj
pauroj

this is good, is a guerlain but i feel like i have been there and done that ..........so no i guess i prefer la petite robe noir not that they are similar mind you is just that mon guerlain is not here not there is no bombshell as shalimar nor is cute like robe noir , is just not cool enough

Babygia
Babygia

Wonderful fluffy vanilla/lavender/tonka fragrance, allkuring and comnforting.Remains me of my beloved Lavandes Trianon from Lancome. Paradise in the bottle. Enormous, huge sillage and monster longevity. I smell it on my skin next day, on ma jacket even longer.

Siv55

This is a little bit of genius, like a pop song that is new and yet so catchy it seems familiar so you like it straight away. This is the scent version. I've smelled this before I'm sure.. something very similar.. it's a little bit masculine to start I thought but that may be my interpretation of lavender.. Anyway, it's like going and buying your old slippers, again, just in a different colour, but they fit so well.. That's what this feels like to me, so I guess they really adhered to the brief, MY GUERLAIN indeed.
Addendum: Longevity is about five hours and it's not a heavy hitter, little sillage.

spigo
spigo

Just to make a little input in a direction other than the previous post's one, the drydown clearly states that this is not a classic gourmand as it may seem.

I would not oppose to the fact that the airy and fluffy vanilla plays the center role in the tail, but it really makes an equal duo with a very self-sufficient santal-woody base. So my verdict of the family of the scent is a fleuri-boisee-ambree with a hint of some herbaceous nature due to the tonka-lavender fougere traits.

God bless, this is not a vaniliac lavender as it might have been. What Wasser did brilliantly is that he made the whole theme full of translucent air, dryish natural aromas but still he preserved the genotype of Guerlain with a help of a reduced guerlinade.

I find the fragrance very well toned, elegant, non-disturbing and designated purely for women of vata-dosha, who tend to miss that self-posture and stability which results in a desperate need for a delicate form of inner and outer comfort akin to a gentle warm outfit, or a loving hug, in human terms.

But!!! The paradox is that the nature of the scent makes it purely a portrait of a totally another type - picnic, flegmatic and well-reasoned ladies pouring the aroma's inner character just naturally. And possibly the best match for such a scent is a Sophie Dale kind of person, not a wonderful, sleek and touching Angelina. But anyway, thanks to her for heading the campaign and telling women of her flock to follow suit and to have a secret medicine in this wonderful balance of seriousness of woods and meadow herbs and a little sweetness of a woman who is flirty and lively.

The scent, to me, is a criss cross of a classic feminine fougere like Jicky, but toned down a bit with it's warmth to two close master makings which add Mon Guerlain to their family of oriental taste, like Valentino Donna (latest, mostly due to the same transition from caramelic flowers via the root of orris down to woody earthy and ambery classic tails) and Modern Muse Nuit EL, as was already noted. But those two last I mentioned are doomed to be liked by dominant and tempered women (even introverted ones) because these scents are louded up and buttered and sweetened much more.

Thanks to Wasser, he has gone a thin line in between to make a persuading bouquet of dignity and cuteness in the meantime, though not punching everybody's noses and senses, residing on the side of a relaxing retreat for a woman who thinks a bit farther than a surface femininity domain...

4.5 out of 5. Mine, But I miss the sharpness of green citruses and the bodiness of animalics hidden in Jicky. Jicky will never fade in my mind, but there needs to be some kind to a contemporary move which is supposedly fulfilled here.

By the way, a bit of fruity acidulee in the drydown feels like a susbtitute to the freshness and sounds like a distant , separately living trace of a fruity liqor like frangelico drying out steadily in a forgotten crystal glass... Charming contrapunct.

Well, thumbs up. Though doubts are that I will chase a chance to buy a full volume bottle. I don't know. Maybe, I just must listen to the spring vibes times and again.))

ashypie2004
ashypie2004

Straight, flat vanilla/tonka on me from beginning to end. I'm not usually into gourmands anyway, so no love lost here. I would like to have one warm gourmand in my collection, though, and so far I'm leaning toward V&R Bonbon, which is much more dynamic on my skin. Sorry, Guerlain. I love you, but this one's a pass for me.

kloobnika
kloobnika

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. With all the hype and money poured into advertising I expected more.

Overall, it's pleasant and not very strong and after 2 hours it's already pretty close to skin. On me the dry down smells exactly like the remains of Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

I hope they'll make a less watered down version of this fragrance. I'm sure many will appreciated it.

Musky4
Musky4

I really think that genny17 (reviewer below) has summed it up. I would add that I don't find it particularly woody, but rather more gourmand. I get a blast of lavender and marzipan on initial spray (although almond isn't listed as a note, I believe it's in there). I don't find it overly sweet, but very feminine. The quality is undeniable. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by Mon Guerlain and can see it having wide appeal. Surprised, because this is actually the first Guerlain perfume that I've liked (enough to buy and wear myself), since Samsara. It is everything rolled into one - timeless yet modern, classic yet edgy, pretty yet sophisticated. Appropriate for any occasion, any season. Very well done Guerlain!

I just received Mon Guerlain, and I find it pleasant enough, with a little something that sets it apart from all the mainstream perfumes...the lavender adds a certain edginess, an aromatic twist, and I wish the perfume would have lingered in it, but it becomes a bit more sweet, and maybe more predictable rather quickly...still, there is an element of class..so don't dismiss it too fast as another sweet boring concoction, and don't go put Guerlain down either! because in my opinion, it is not boring, .it has a powdery /clean vibe, due mostly to the lavender..it lacks projection though, and becomes rapidly a skin scent...the dry down is the most intriguing part, but it is warm and cozy... I thought it had a bit of the same vibe as Burberry Rhythm, but the Burberry is more floral...I don't find it unisex, but lots of guys who wear women' S perfumes will call it so..it is feminine, a bit edgy, likeable...now, not sure this will be a love for me...I don't find it youngish, rather timeless..I can easily imagine Angelina Jolie wearing it actually!!
Mon Guerlain smells simplistic yet as you let it expend, it goes the direction of a well made scent, real different..happy to have it in my collection. I will add it ressembles Estée Lauder Muse Nuit, that I truly like.
I will add that mon Guerlain is the first Guerlain scent I actually really like, usually the brand isnt my cup of tea..!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Big release for Guerlain and perhaps one of the most important and relevant ones of 2017 thus far.

Launches like this are immensely important for big houses like GUERLAIN because they fund and support everything else. It better become a cash cow and a monster because that is what it is intended to do.

Not a fan of Angelina Jolie and she might not be at the top of her popularity at this present moment in time, but she represents the brand and the scent quite well as it is not a typical girly, fruity, floral, but more of an elegant, edgy and energetic grown-up woman.

Lavender is considered a "Male flower" and has delivered excellent durability in "Un Homme de Caron" which is perhaps the oldest and most tried and tested creations around the lavender/ vanilla/ sandalwood trio.

"Mon Guerlain" has the jasmine/iris added to make it more feminine, but I truly believe this is unisex and can be worn by a 30/40 something male as well.

I am wearing it today and get lots of compliments.

The initial bergamot burst quickly fades and gives way to a green jasmine/ iris complex and almost simultaneously the lavender/ vanilla kicks in and eventually overtakes the former.

Tonka, vanilla and sandalwood remain on the skin after hours and hours and fade into pleasantness.

Verdict: 8.5/10. Not a masterpiece but a truly well executed commercial release that will appeal to many. A modern "Shalimar" minus the powdery and old cache. Well done!!

mudpach
mudpach

Lovely scent, on my skin Mon Guerlain is a sophisticated and graceful scent with a huge tonka and lavender accord. I love it! <3

Passionez
Passionez

Nothing against mainstream perfumes, there is a lovely bunch of it, but from Guerlain I expect a bit more. Whereas Mon Exclusif had character and interesting salty-caramel notes associated with lavender, this one lacks of uniqueness. It's very generic and comfy. Much better than LVEB indeed but still not FB worthy.

My first impression (after seeing the gorgeous vintage quadrilobe bottle) was: what a nice topnote. And then, the deception run its course. It's too blury, caramel-musky without any distinctive notes. No real heart notes on me, it dries down very quickly in a common gourmand way. I didn't except a chef d'oeuvre (its a big international launch, what did you expect) but more refinement and more distinctive notes. This time I had the same feeling I have with many perfumes nowadays. After the (somewhat appealing) headnote, there is nothing really left to brag about.

And even if the sillage is huge the first 20-30 minutes, its gets very quickly to a skin scent after that. Much better on clothing.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Another body chemistry thing. I read the reviews here and thought I better test before I buy. Tried it in boots today (who offer a miniature when you buy 50ml or more) and this is stunning. Even one of the girls that serve said wow. You smell amazing. What is that.

To my chemistry this is a grown up and expensive oriental vanilla. And for those that don't like sugar sweet this is perfect. As is always. Try before you buy. I, on the other hand, definitely bought My Guerlain. Well done. This is perfect and I feel grown up, girlie, and sexy.

MysticRose
MysticRose

Mon Guerlain opens with a powdery vanilla note that has a rather soapy facet to it. It was reminiscent of a creamy body wash that has a cloying synthetic scent. After 10 minutes or so, a voluptuous lavender note kicked in and the fragrance emanated an aromatic floriental vibe. An hour has passed since I sprayed it and it's mellowing out into a creamy floral with nuances of sandalwood and iris. It is a pleasant scent, however, in my opinion, Guerlain could have gone deeper with the composition and given it more 'je ne sais quoi'.

Shwets
Shwets

Very long lasting and reminds me of a cross between YSL Manifesto elixir and Cinema!

socorrosouza

There are not a lot lavender/vanilla perfumes around: I remember Lavanda & Baunilha a discontinued long lasting Brazilian body spray and Blue Jeans by Versace that is so old almost nobody remember it by. Burberry Brit is not quite, vanilla is replaced by tonka close but no cigar, tonka is different and I think vanilla is more organic and works better to sweeten lavender..
So it must be the lavender. Nowadays people complain that perfumes must be "more original" but when they meet l one a bit different they run to the hills. That is why Midnight Poison was discontinued, it didn't sell, not because Dior people are evil.
In Brazil we have a perfume called Bambou Oriental by Mahogany that is a green floral with a delicious gardenia that is to die for, long lasting (12 hours) and totally original. People complain that it is too "green" , not suitable to hot climates. But the truth they are afraid of something new, different, no amount of an incredible aroma will allay their fears. So they complain about this and that and return to their usual fruitchoulis.

At first it's heavy vanilla and later it's a strange lavender vanilla mix. It smells good but I've expected a lot more than that!

Totally agree with OKcololo:

This Mon Guerlain is to Guerlain what Chanel Nº5 L'Eau is to Chanel: a watered and sugared version -and rather superfluous- of a venerable classic (Jicky, in this case) aimed to milennials, to make it more palatable to them. That is, sweeter and weaker. It is just unworth of Guerlain. This is not such bad, but is just a lavender and vanilla cologne, that produces a familiar impression of having been already smelled dozens and dozens of times in forgotten places. I was considering to write a longer review...but pass. This is not worth of my wasting of time.

For The Love of Perfume
For The Love of Perfume

A very nice, light, refreshing, soft perfume. It doesn't quite grab me as so many of the Guerlain fragrances do. It does somewhat remind me of Lise Watier's Bora Bora (as I know it Vent du Sud)...as I said it is a nice fragrance, but I do not like it well enough to spend $119 for it.

Bruno57
Bruno57

Strange feeling about this perfume...
A mix beetwin La Petite Robe Noire and L'Homme Idéal !

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

So today i have tried this. Lacoste eau sensuelle+ Lanvin Rumeur2 rose. Nothing special, nothing what I haven't smelt before

reglisss34
reglisss34

CAN easily be a unisex perfume ! Nicely done but lack of longivity

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

Didn't try it, lots of respect for Guerlain, and this indeed could smell very good. But why the lack of audacity in the notes; lavender and vanilla? that's like the oldest notes combination you could think of. Jicky, one of Guerlain's first masterpieces over 100 years old is a lavender and animalic vanilla scent. The "mon exclusif" released 2 years ago was also lavender and vanilla.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Vanilla (like in L lolita Lempicka), Tonka and jasmine( like in TF Noir Famme) .On my skin smells similarly to Muse Angel Mugler.Like lighter version. ...I like this.

F_A
F_A

I was expecting something big, but it was a disappointment. Where is guerlinade?.. On my skin it's a nice light flowery vanilla fragrance with the hints of lavender. The staying power on my skin was weak - around 3 hours, but when I sprayed it on clothes, it stayed there really long. On me it is very similar to Escada's Magnetic Beat.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

I was very excited to try this today - I had expected to have to wait longer before finding it in stores near me. The bottle is beautiful, which is something Guerlain don't always get right, and has a reassuringly classy heft in the hand.

The first spray is sweet, but not as sweet as many other scents around. It blends sweetness with lavender, which adds real interest. I was quite excited at this start and immediately put three large sprays on my arm. Within an hour, I picked up quite a strong sour, off note, which is something I get from Chance by Chanel, and which reads as stale pefume to me (is it cheap jasmine? patchouli?) and the vanilla and tonka had turned very synthetic indeed. Now, whatever my complaints about Guerlain, I was surprised at this cheap synthetic middle after a quite lovely opening. The drydown came soon after - I found that it had become a skin scent after 2 or 3 hours - and the synthetic messy middle had gone by then to leave a quiet tonka vanilla trace.

I don't like several new Guerlain scents but I still think they are nicely done, as I still gift them to my neices. I appreciate that Guerlain is updating its profile for commercial success - that's okay with me. But this scent just seems poorly executed, with a horrible middle and poor longevity. It is a shame because I thought the top notes were really enticing but this is an emphatic dislike.

Fabulous Janice
Fabulous Janice

It's a nice composition. Very much Guerlain. However, I find it not a scent that stands out. It's very general. It's not offensive. I'm use to a Guerlain that stands out in the crowds. You know, the uniqueness Guerlain is known for.
It's a comforting, sensualle scent. It's longevity is good, the projection is average, sillage is decent. I say this is a scent that can be worn all year round.
I think the scent is shalimar, meets mon exclusif, with a pinch of La Petite Robe Noire. I personally like Mon Exclusif better, the scent is more unique. All in all, Mon Guerlain is a very nice scent that will not disappoint. Xo

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

J'attends avec impatience l'extrait de ce petit bijou...

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

it smells similar to Lacoste Eau Sensuelle :) It's delicious

daegwynn.1
daegwynn.1

Spritzed some on about an hour ago and here are my first impressions:

It's definitely a Guerlain. It has this comforting, sensual vibe most Guerlains share, and it's feminine rather than girly, despite the pink. It could have been golden, of course. There's quite a lot of powdery vanilla and the lavender is prominent. It reminds me a little bit of Shalimar Souffle. All in all nothing special, but very nice. I think I'll choose this over other "pinkies", i.e. Flowerbomb, La Vie Est Belle etc as it has a lot more class (l love those other ones too btw).

I'm expecting major longevity here and the projection is decent.

A likeable scent, definitely, and I'm sure it will be popular.

Edit: it's 10.30 in the evening and it's still going strong! I'm falling in love with the lavender- vanilla combo. Very unusual and incredibly sophisticated! Gonna start saving up for a full size bottle!!!

blake.lee

I completely understand and sympathize with everyone who is disappointed and this is not meant to antagonize. However, If Guerlain doesn't have commercially successful fragrances, popular with "vapid girls and brainless guys", the company will not survive. This is a business and they must make money. Fragrance is part of the cosmetic industry and as much as we all recognize it as art, to most people it's just part of their beauty routine like shampoo or body lotion. Let's not begrudge them a few commercial successes and also don't forget, they are not a niche house. If you remember this, maybe you won't be so disappointed. If we expected them to cater only to the refined tastes of the perfume as fine art patrons here, they'd go out of business. Having said that, I think it remains to be seen if this fragrance will have broad commercial success. I think using lavender this heavily was a bold choice and a bit risky. If it does prove to be a best seller and we end up with a crop of lavender fragrances from all the commercial houses, I personally will be happy. I really enjoyed the powder everything phase we recently went through and there could be worse than lavender everything. I'm glad to at least not see berries and patchouli here. It really could be worse.

Post script, I won't be buying this. Mon Exclusif was much better. Love it or hate it, It was a lavender and buttery toffee gourmand who meant business and it knew exactly what it was. Mon Guerlain is wishy washy in comparison.

aki777
aki777

A (young) crowd pleaser. Not memorable, an average semi-sweet perfume. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Big disappointment. I was expecting it, because the fragrance comes out in the main line and not one of the exclusives but still, so disappointing. I smelled it today in the Guerlain boutique in the Marais who apparently had it the first (it was not displayed in the main Guerlain boutiques I passed by on Saturday) and despite the beautiful presentation by the boutique manager, very insightful and knowlegeable about the notes and materials, it is a dissapointment. There is a nice and quality lavander in the opening which I find the most interesting note of the whole, but it just dies away in what I feared since I read the press releases : a "fresh oriental" or "oriental frais" which in the base notes smells like a white musky vanilla, way more subdued than what you would expect from the house's vanilla notes. And like the gentlemam in the boutique mentioned, it pleases everybody. Well that's the problem: it is made to please across all continents which just make it another pale pink juice, clean, nice, uneventful and very remote cousin of the family that managed to gender Shalimar, Mitsouko, Samsara and Jicky. When are we going to have something bold, not "frais" or "light" coming out in the mainstream line from this otherwise hugely beautiful perfume house.

OKcololo
OKcololo

Alright...

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this.

I try to only leave positive reviews on this site, and to be generally constructive and respectful about perfumes, but this one.... truly scandalised me.

Guerlain has such an illustrious past; it has given us more masterpieces than any other commercial maison de parfums out there. Think Jicky, think Shalimar, think Mitsouko, think Chamade, think Habit Rouge... Think of all they changed, think of all they represented.

Now forget it, because apparently Guerlain has given up. Smelling "Mon Guerlain" was a smack in the face. Not only is it banal (a pedestrian vanillic "oriental", like a thousand others, with only a fleetingly interesting lavender top note), not only is it cheap (for it's formula can not be more than ten bucks away from a dove deodorant), but it is not even pleasant! It is grating, vulgar, utterly unrefined!

Whoever is doing the art direction at Guerlain clearly thinks that young women deserve nothing more than a trashy, sweet thing in a pink bottle to spray on by the gallon. The horrid misers currently in charge must see perfume not as an art, but as a stylish money-waster for vapid girls and brainless guys; perfumer are no longer designers, artists, visionaries: they have been reduced to dancing monkeys, whose only escape is composing real perfumes for the prohibitively expensive niche market.

I don't wish to be discouraging or impolite or negative, and if you like this fragrance, enjoy it, by all means. Just know that by buying this thing, you're only fueling the degradation of what once was, and still could be, the greatest perfume house of all time.

PS: this limp nothing of a perfume is supposed to be emblematic of Angelina Jolie? I'd be pissed if I were her.

SazzieBunny
SazzieBunny

My favourite perfume growing up was Gloria by Cacherel and i was sooooo upset when it was discontinued!this is the closest i have smelled to it so i am happy

Blutengel
Blutengel

Here it is, MY Guerlain. Completely personalized, you cannot discuss about how mine it is. It's even on the bottle. Beat that!
I always like pink perfumes. Pink is the new black.
The bottle is heavy and beautiful and in case of emergency you can use it as a weapon. (You can throw it hard)

The smell? To me it smells like a combination of Shalimar Eau Legere, Petit Guerlain, Jicky and l'Instant. With a nod to Cuir Beluga. And the "open air smell" that is Thierry Wasser's own.

Sometimes hot, sometimes cool, sometimes fruity ... sensual is the word. Perfect for a wide audience. For young to come on like more mature, for the "mature" to be more playful. It's more mature than LPRN. And for men? Absolutely! The combination of lavender and vanilla gives enough masculinity. Though gender in perfume is ridiculous if you ask me.

Conclusion: not really an innovative fragrance. But a very, very nice one! Top class for a wide audience. And if this makes enough money they can keep the classix alive.

And now we wait for the Edt, eau fraiche, eau sucré, intense, le perfume, couture, votre Guerlain etc etc etc...

Bembie
Bembie

This perfume smells like heaven, so unique, so feminine, so classy, so guerlain. I'm in love!

Just tested and so far I like it, but I will need to wear it for more days. When the sun is shyly coming back after winter, Guerlain comes out with a parfum that has the potential for a comfy winter fragrance.
It's very pleasant, strong but well made with a good potential to become a new hit and set a trend: the dessert lavender.
There's no way out from sugar in the last years, so at least let it be Guerlain.
The lavender note is surely the protagonist of the blend, which makes it quite different from any sickening concoction around. It reminds me of TM Angel (which I don't like) before it became a mass destruction weapon around.
The opening is very aromatic with lavender but also immediately sugary. Not something that could be mistaken for an after-shave and I'm grateful for this.
The vanilla here pierces the barrier of sound.
Honestly I would have preferred a better sandalwood from Guerlain, but it must be a sign of times.
It's a very sweet perfume with an aromatic tone that blends well in, no weird contrast, it keeps together and it makes sense.
I will wear it for longer time before I can decide if it is a big buy or if it will tire me in a short period.
So far I like it for a commercial hit. Not groundbreaking, but meaningful.

blake.lee

Turns out this is not Mon Exclusif in a new bottle with new marketing. The toffee and butter are gone replaced by a more airy spun sugar. The citrus is more pronounced as is the lavender. In Mon Exclusif the lavender fades away and you are left with a buttery, tooth achingly sweet gooey caramel like drydown. In Mon Guerlain, the lavender stays the entire composition paired with a powdery Iris. I would certainly describe Mon Guerlain as a powdery fragrance. It's not a heavy powder, but I still find Mon Guerlain more cloying than Mon Exclusif because I find powdery sweet fragrances sit heavier on me than creamy sweet fragrances. I find the lavender very strong but I also think the iris isn't far behind. Overall, I think it's a pleasant fragrance but I was personally hoping it would be closer to Mon Exclusif because it's so much more affordable and I prefer Mon Exclusif.

Judging it on its own merits, it's nice, very nice for a fragrance which can found at shopping malls. I'm not sure how the general public is going to respond to a heavy lavender in a woman's perfume. We will see I guess. I think it's a little too complex but maybe I'm wrong. It's certainly more sophisticated than Black Opium and LVEB, but it's obvious this is the buyer Guerlain is hoping to attract with this offering.

ETA, the longer I wear this the more it feels like a heavier Dama Bianca by Xerjoff

TheFrenchMistress
TheFrenchMistress

Oh the disappointment -- I had such high hopes for this.

Take La Vie Est Belle, add a touch of Guerlain DNA à la Petite Robe Noire, and a large dash of Black Opium. Tsk tsk Guerlain, you have sold out. I'm sure it'll be a massive hit, but personally I hate it. I'd hoped for more originality, but instead this is a slight variation on a hackneyed theme, that of the sugary gourmand with a touch floralcy and a pinch of salt. In the extreme drydown something more redolent of the true Guerlinade peeks out, but too little too late for me. And I never caught the lavender, either.

Ah well.

Germany
Germany

What sets Mon Guerlain apart from other sweet vanilla scents is the presence of lavender.
The lavender is what makes this fragrance beautiful in my opinion and gives it a licorice and astringent vibe . If it wasn't for the iris and the fresh aromatic soapy lavender this could pass as Flowerbomb. Which is not a bad thing as I like flowerbomb . This is a clever mixture of Jersey and Flowerbomb to me ,
a lavender gourmand vanilla.
The flacon is heavy and beautiful . Mon Guerlain has something airy and light to its composition. It's not a cloying sticky sweetness. It's like a cloud of vanilla and clean lavender wafting around and it lasts forever.
It is supose to be a modern Jicky , which yes there is some reminisance but this "Chick" was fed a lot of vanilla and possible some toffe and caramel and is wearing a pink dress.
I think Mon Guerlain is well done , very pleasant and will please many. The aromatic clean medicinal lavender gives it great vibe and sets it apart from other mainstream fragrances.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

WoW this perfumes amazing maybe you will say (its familiar to me) yes its a natural case because the ingredients in fragrance use it too much in perfume industry like vanilla , almond, bergamote but The good thing in this perfume The Harmony Between notes and the rich side of vanilla , its modern feminine fragrance in frame full of rich.

Tthe main player here the gourmand note of vanila , almond and tonka bean that mix and maybe something else gives you that feeling like you ahead Delicious sandwich this thing you got it clearly in base note after hours cource , the opening of fragrance You'll see a note bergamote and feeling of something fresh and clean (lavender) and heart of fragrance you will find the sparkling jasmine with hint of green note the jasmine note here clean no animalic notes or indole note, the fresh opening and sparkling jasmine,Blend harmoniously with the gourmand notes, Every moment in this fragrance gorgeous
In my opinion if you like fragrance like Lolita Lempicka , Poison collection of Christian Dior maybe like this fragrance course if you love old version of mon you will love this more :)
Finally Sorry about my English ...

أن يبدوا لك العطر مألوفاً وفي النفس الوقت يجبرك للوقوف أمامه معجباً به؛ حتماً هناك ثمة إبداع يقف خلف ذلك العبير وحتما هناك أنفا ً خبيراً ابتكرته إنه العبقري (تيري واسر)، عطر متناغم النوتات ومن طينة العطور التي تشعر انها ستحقق نجاحاً هذه وجهة نظري،ان كنت سأقارنه بعطر الفستان الاسود القصير (الشهير) الذي حقق مبيعات ضخمه فأني أراه اكثر جمالاً وفخامة منه وايضا أكثر اتقاناً في توظيف النوتات من عطر مون السابق الذي اوقفت جيرلان انتاجه وان بدا شبيها له. ومن الامور الاخرى ايضا التي قد يكون لها له دور ربما في تحقيق المبيعات هو الوجة الاعلاني للعطر وهي انجلينا جولي الذي استٌوحي العطر منها وذكريات والدتها التي كانت تستخدم احد منتجات جيرلان، فليست هذه المره الاولى التي تنتج جيرلان عطراً مستوحى من شخصية مرأه أثارت اعجاب جيرلان فقد انتجوا عدة عطور مثل لور بلو وميتسوكو وشاليمار، فجيرلان تصمم العطور لأولئك النساء الذين يثرن إعجابهم. كما قال جاك جيرلان.
كل شيء في العطر يبدو مشرقاً مبهجاً باعثاً للاستمتاع والإعجاب….
العطر جمع جزء كبير من المكونات التي تستخدمها كثيراً جيرلان والتي تعد بمثابة التوقيع الشخصي لها نجد هنا البرقموت والياسمين والفانيلا والتونكا التي وضفت جميعا بأسلوب عصري أنثوي جذاب ويختلف جذرياً عن الاسلوب في عطر شاليمار فذاك لحقبة وهذا لحقبة وجيل وذوق مختلف بكل تأكيد والبرقموت هنا وهناك مختلف طبعا

وصف العطر
لا ادري من أين أبدأ لوصف حول هذا العطر..، دعوني أبدأ من العائلة العطرية أجده من عطور الجورماند (الشهية) الزهرية المنعشة.

العطر يرتكز على نوتة الفانيلا (اللذيذه ) الكريميه والحسية في آن واحد والمدعمه بنوتات تتصف بملامح الفانيلا كاللوز والتونكا بين، وربما أيضا مكونات اخرى والتي تميز فانيلا جيرلان عن عطور الفانيلا الرخيصه الاخرى، فانيلا جيرلان ذات طابع رزين و ثري دائماً. وهذه نقطة مهمه تحسب لصالح العطر وفانيلا جيرلان.
النوتة االفانيلا (الكريمية) في عطر مون قدمت بأسولب أنثوي (عصري) وذلك بإضفاء ياسمين السامباك لقلب العطر (السامباك نوع من انواع الياسمين) المستخدمة في عطور شهيرة كعطر جادور من ديور ـ هي ياسمينة جريئة تتصف بشذى زهري حاد ولكنها هنا وضفت بطريقة ناعمه مع نفحة خضراء والتي ركلت النوتات الانيمالك بعيداً (الياسمين قد يحوي نفحات لرائحة قد لايحبذها البعض طبعا هي هنا غير موجوده فلا داعي للقلق) !، وتم اضفاء مزيداً من الانتعاش على تلك الزهرة والمكونات السويتيه بجرعة رائعه من البرقموت النوته الحمضية الأكثر ثراء من بقية المكونات الحمضية وتم إضافة الخزامى لمنح مزيدا من الإشراق والحيوية والاحساس بطابع النظافة تلك المكونات المنعشة سنجدها واضحة جليه في بداية العطر مصحوبه بنوته فاكهية بارده قد تكون هي نفسها نوته الكرز التي استخدمها تيري واسر في عطر الفستان القصير ولكن بجرعة بسيطة جدا هنا
طبعا النوته السويتيه الكريمية او الفانيلا الدسمه حاضرة في كل مراحل العطر والجميل أنها تحتفض ببريقها واشراقتها وجذابيتها طوال الوقت وتكون اكثر وضوحاً بعد مده ؛بعد ان تخف تلك المكونات من البرقموت والياسمين بحيث تكون الفانيلا واللوز الثنائي الذي سيثير شهيتك كشطيرة لذيذه تستمتع بكافة تفاصيلها، بالرغم ان الفانيلا استخدمت كثيرا في صناعة العطور لدرجة الابتذال الا أن هذا العطر مثال حي بأن الفانيلا لازالت قادرة على الابداع وكسب الاعجاب متى ماوجدت من يروضها ولا يوجدد افضل من جيرلان في ذلك.

اعتقد ان هذا العطر سيعجب عشاف الفستان الأسود القصير بالرغم من الفارق بين العطرين! وكذلك عطر التفاحه من لوليتا لامبيكا وجادور من ديور وكلك يذكرني باحد عطور مجموعة بويزن من ديور ؟ ولاشك انه يشبه كثير نسخة مون السابقه التي تم ايقافها.
العطر سيصدر في شهر مارس لعام 2017، اتيحت تجربة العطر قبل نزوله للأسواق عن طريقة عينة. العطر يستحق الاقتناء ومناسب لفترة الصباح.
ذا مالدي اتمنى اني وفقت في تقريب الصورة لكم واعتذر عن الإطالة
سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظيم.
صلي على النبي

VanniGodfrey
VanniGodfrey

I had the privilege of smelling this today, though the associates at the Guerlain counter didn't know they had a bottle for sampling (and were oblivious to the fact that Guerlain even had a new fragrance...)

At any rate, Mon Guerlain is vaguely similar to Mon Exclusif, minus the sappy gourmand accords. It's very youthful, yet womanly. When I very first smelled it I was reminded of a celebrity fragrance; to me it smells like something that would be released under Britney Spears's name. And I don't mean that negatively, it's just familiar, it's airy and floral with a shadow of sugary sweetness. I don't think anybody would be put off or offended by Mon Guerlain because it's very unobjectionable and I think a lot of people will really love it, but if you're looking for something classic like some of Guerlain's other powerhouse fragrances I definitely wouldn't say this fits that category.

The lavender stands out most to me, but it's not as cloying or prominent as I find in many other aromatic perfumes; it's subdued and sweet, and it pairs very nicely with the soft vanilla and sandalwood notes under it. My nose doesn't pick up any hints of jasmine, but rather something that smells maybe a little bit more like peony, which I think contributes to its youthful quality. I didn't get to test on my skin so I'm not positive as to how it develops, but I think it's definitely worth smelling again. I really like it!

Silk Flower

@Endymion - if you check the fragrantica sites in OTHER languages (Russian and Romanian) you will see reviews of Mon Guerlain, made by people who tested it. You can use translate function to read them.

So, yes, they made the effort of writing about it IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE. And since most of local users also have an account on this site, they voted here too.
Mistery solved!

Silk Flower

I know people who have already tested it in Europe, so don't be quick on assuming it is not available just because you cannot find it in your country.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Mon Guerlain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Mon Guerlain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Guerlain by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Guerlain by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.