Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Shalimar Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women

Shalimar Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women
dislike

Shalimar Eau de Toilette by Guerlain is a Oriental fragrance for women. Top notes are floral notes and bergamot; middle notes are iris, jasmine and rose; base notes are vanilla and tonka bean.

Floral Notes Bergamot

Shalimar Parfum Initial

Shalimar Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

I have a "vintage" bottle of this from the 90's. It's a beautiful Shalimar, my favorite version actually. It's not as heavy as the EDP, they have taken out some of the harsh notes that were a bit skunky. This is a nice musky scent that isn't too loud, but has a beautiful dry down.

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

I am retrying this from a decant I received from a generous friend. I feel like I'm floating on a downy cloud of incense to a sun-drenched citrus Nirvana.

I think it was brilliant to take out or tone down the leather and animalic elements of this. Not that I didn't like the original Shalimar, but this one is much easier for me to wear.

Konga5000
Konga5000

Cream Soda in Ecstasy at the Cosmetic Counter !

Longevity is OK- but I had to remind myself this is an EDT....not a parfum.

Got a 1 oz bottle for $40.00 & no complaints .

Better than the original ! Could be used as unisex?

allumez
allumez

This does not resemble Eau de Shalimar, as I expected. This is the bad version of the eau de parfum. I was looking for a softer version of the edp. All I get is musk over musk over musk. And some Nina Ricci L'air du temps trace. For the sexier younger flanker, choose Eau de Shalimar or Shalimar Initial.

rockgirl
rockgirl

I got a full, boxed 30 ml bottle of this beauty in a trade and I love it! I am not a Shalimar girl at all. The civet and leather notes are too very present and and really stand out on my skin. I've always wanted to like Shalimar so I was happy when I found that there are flankers out there which contain Guerlain DNA but are lighter and with less notes than original Shalimar. The first one I tried was Souffle de Shalimar and instantly fell in love. My next experience wasn't as good. I tried Eau de Shalimar and while I did like the initial spray (very citrusy), after a few minutes it smelled like Shalimar that had been "dotted" with resins. I put it away for a while and went back to it after the weather turned cold. I'd made a mistake trying to wear it in the Summer, as it is definitely a winter fragrance on me. It is lovely! Shalimar EDT is a very light version of original Shalimar and is perfect for someone like me who doesn't care for the more animalic aspects of the fragrance. They are more subdued in the EDT and not as detectable. Shalimar EDT is citrusy and fresh with just enough Guerlinade to make it Shalimar. It is perfection!

LouPoetka
LouPoetka

This review is for Shalimar EDT, the reformulated version (not vintage).

This was my first attempt to meet Shalimar and unfortunately I was rather disappointed. After reading all the lush vanilla and citrus descriptions I expected something more but... nope. Probably my skin chemistry got in the way.

So, what can I say. On me, Shalimar EDT is nothing but a POWDER BOMB. Some citrus in the opening, which is not a bad a scent at all, but when it dries and settles on the skin it's powder. Just a "chic" baby powder. No vanilla, no jasmine or any trace of more indolic scents, the citrus lasts for 10 seconds then it's gone and after that it's just powder.

On a positive note, i's a warm, comforting scent... but that's all. I honestly can't wait to have the opportunity to try the real Shalimar EDP because I don't want to believe that this is all this timeless classic has to show me.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Got an awesome deal on this...it's lovely! Nice and powdery in the drydown. Pleased as punch to add to my collection!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Shalimar

Eau De Toilette

Guerlain

Bergamot Orange Lemon Floral Notes

Rose Jasmine Iris

Vanilla Tonka Bean Incense Opoponax

Shalimar's Eau de Toilette concentration is remarkably similar to the Coty Emeraude which is selling right now. Now I'm not biased about either fragrance and I love both scents so it would seem that I wouldn't need a Shalimar EDT if I already have an Emeraude or a Shalimar Eau de Parfum but this fragrance is absolutely gorgeous. It's an enjoyable simple scent with that unmistakable Guerlain signature touch. It comes in a glass bottle with blue cap and ribbon, and although aimed at the woman's market for perfume, this is undeniably a unisex fragrance. There's certain ingredients that evoke men's colognes redolent with musk, leather, or as some smart reviewers have observed rubber. It is lacking in the more Oriental character of the original Eau de Parfum which had patchouli power, and even more musk, but this is still a very elegant yet masculine/unisex scent with distinct leather. Some would say that it is at odds with the vanilla and tonka but I think it's gorgeous.

The aroma opens with bergamot orange and lemon. The lemon note is sharp, almost like a shrieking lemon that pops out of a lemon scented furniture polish bottle. While I used to dislike that scent, because that lemon is way too strong, now it just invigorates the hell out of me and makes me feel alive and fresh. It's quite fresh. It is also rather old school and depending on your level of education in perfumery, either "old lady- ish" or a smell of male aftershave. One might argue that it also evokes a 19th century barbershop for men. I don't have visions of Oriental gardens in India nor spice markets in Arabia, but a barbershop in Old Brooklyn with the pole on the storefront with the little twirls. A citrus based perfume such as this is for citrus lovers. But there's more.

The floral notes that develop are a sweet and heady jasmine, a May rose, and a powdery iris. These 3 notes of flowers are each detectable in a lovely bouquet. Love that iris. For me most if not all the Shalimar frags (EDP, EDT, Cologne) and the flankers like Parfum Initial are quite big on powder in the form of iris root and iris flower. This is a powder based perfume but the iris does not overwhelm the scent. It's light powder which dissipates. Still, the heart is floral with a jasmine that is also no shy flower, singing along in a duet with the iris.

As a nod to the original Shalimar, this scent has incense musk leather and opoponax. All that is missing is the patchouli and amber. The lack of amber gives it enough room for vanilla to take over. Even as such, the muskiness is there. It's quite strong so it's a mistake to spray liberally. I have smelled this on both men and women. The EDP might be too much for guys so guys try the EDT instead. Women both EDT and EDP are great with the EDT being less complex and with a shorter life span and lighter subtle scent. It's only a toilette after all. Skin freshner.

The vanilla and tonka bean notes are interesting. They smell like cocoa or chocolate, exactly like a dessert made of chocolate. This is such a subtle gourmand fragrance. It was not necessary for them to label it a gourmand because it is Shalimar and has the Shalimar & Guerlain prestige, but it is updated to meet with modern tastes in gourmand scents. The dry down is vanilla & chocolate! I would eat it up if I could. As such it's a day wear fragrance, a casual fragrance, an any season fragrance (winter spring summer fall). It's not super feminine nor super masculine so it's an easy to love introduction to perfume itself. This would make a fine first grown up fragrance for anyone who is interested in a career in fragrance, either as a perfumista collector or an aspiring nose.

This is such a well crafted, simple but strong, artistically created perfume made of the old ingredients (citrus, florals, incense and with newer modern touches of chemical vanillin. The chocolate effects come out of the vanilla tonka and it's delicious as a sort of surprise result.

A great perfume I had not given a chance until recently. I hope my review prompts the reader to check it out. This perfume sells at Macy's and Sephoras everywhere and you can test it out before buying it.

Happy New Year

Notes from macys.com
Topnotes include lemon and bergamot. Heartnotes include jasmine and may rose. Basenotes include iris, incense opoponax, tonka bean and vanilla.

perfumeglam87

I smell tobacco leather or rubber but idont see it listed as a note here? Its a nice fragrance. Reminds me of ciara by revlon. It's a soft smoky fragrance with leather maybe and a hint of vanilla.

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

I can't add much as far as a simple review of Shalimar EDT, but I'll come at this with a comparison to the EDP. First let me say they're both amazing, knock-you-off-your-feet perfumes. To all but the most nuanced sniffers, they're one and the same, with the EDT simply being lighter. As a lover of the EDP though, I find a lot of differences. Kind of like if my husband's long-lost twin appeared, I wouldn't be fooled. Here's the run-down:
- The EDT has amplified the bergamot
- The EDT emphasizes iris, with less rose and jasmine
- The EDT is missing (or, in the opinion of some, gloriously free from) the civet, leather, and oppoponax that dominate the EDP
- The EDT has replaced much of the vanilla with tonka bean, giving it a cocoa-y chalkiness suggestive of amber
- The EDT has a smoky note in the base notes I don't find in the EDP.

So, why would one go for the EDT over the EDP? The particular combination of notes may be more tolerable for a lot of people. There's none of that dirty animalic-ness and shoe-polish leather. I really like that smoky note that lingers with the tonka. It's slightly more modern. The EDT also dissipates faster, allowing you to apply another perfume later in the day.

Why do I still prefer the EDP? She's richer, more full-bodied, with that je ne sais quoi. The EDP lasts longer and has a greater waft. And I like how she's not so cleaned up, but still held together quite nicely.

As for the bottle: The EDT I tried had the more squat shape with very light juice. It also comes in the Jade Jagger bottle just like the most recent EDP. But the EDP catches the light, has a glow to its peachy colored juice. Small matters, but for those who collect beautiful bottles I think it makes a difference.

Would the EDT make a good "starter" Shalimar for someone, or substitute for the heavier EDP? It depends. I dislike Guerlain's bergamot bombs at the opening, so I doubt I would have gotten past that in the EDT, where it's really strong. I prefer the animalics over citrus. For me, EDP is the way to go even during the day, in the heat. It works well with my skin chemistry. However, for most people, if they don't mind the fragrance fading after a few hours, the EDT is a good idea. If someone gave it to me as a gift, I'd wear it A LOT. Like I said, both the EDT and EDP are great perfumes. The tonka bean in the EDT kind of bridges the generation gap between modern perfumes and the 1925 creation of Shalimar EDP. Try each one on your skin, on different days, to see what the effect is. On the whole, the EDT is a wonderful creation and worth a try.

mishlava3000
mishlava3000

I tried this for the first time only last week.

My heart skips a beat for Shalimar and I dont care if it is from another generation.

This... This fragrance is so confounding and seductive I must place it into the 'Timeless Enchantress' category.

Confounding because of the what-the-heck smell of 'grandpas aftershave' that the bottle gives off from a cautious sniff. And confounding because of the opening tyre factory note from the very first spray.

But beware, this fragrance beguiles. When you think you have it measured, the seduction begins. This is when the delicate, matte and powdery iris particulated with vanilla questions if you are such a good judge, if you are so sure you can resist. All Shalimar needs is for you to wonder whether it can be as beautiful as people say. And by now it is too late to avoid the heart. The spell is cast. It is here I cannot ignore the teasing scent.

Shalimar. People cant let you go because you have an unassuming way, a soft and persuasive call.

Easily one of my very favourites.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

During a holiday sale I bought the 3 oz bottle for $38. What a deal! I have the urn style bottle, but not this newer design by Jade Jagger. There isn't much to say that hasn't been said before, but this has been altered a little to make it more modern.

lucia.lawson
lucia.lawson

First of all anyone thinking this is going to be anything like the vintage Shalimar you're in for a surprise

I sampled this the other day and loved it

At first I had an aversion to it not only because I've worn the original Shalimar - in the 50's - and because I didn't like the citrus opening which is far too lemony and like lemon scented furniture polish but give it time and it develops into such a delicious and beautiful scent.

The lemon is quite tart but it never turns into a lemon merengue. It's quite unisex and males who like the sharp citrus aftershave scent in their colognes can wear this and wear it well. The fragrance is quite loud as it begins but once it settles down you inhale one of the most beautiful modern vanilla Oriental fragrances.

The floral notes consist of white jasmine and white roses and iris. The flowery scent is not overwhelming and it's more of the powder or soap kind. It's also not very strong as to my nose the flowers only provide it with a sweetness in passing.

Before long the vanilla emerges and she is quite deep and creamy, almost like a gourmand creation of white chocolate and vanilla cream.

This part - vanilla and chocolate - is an illusion created by the benzoin and amber. It is the best part of the fragrance and even though I don't care for that citrus - which at one point even turns oily and far too chemical - the dry down of vanilla is a breath of fresh air. Such a delicious and addictive, intoxicating vanilla creamy base.

This is a really well made perfume but please Fragrantica re-catalog this scent as UNISEX. This is a fragrance that would smell great on young men who enjoy citrus and vanilla. It has a youthful charm and it goes straight into that vanilla and amber where as other editions like the Parfum Initial - are more floral with a big iris and powdery body. This one is definitely deep amber and vanilla.

The fragrance is easy to love and does make a statement but it does not throw out too much projection as it's only an EDT.

It's a skin scent and smells better on the collar of your shirt or on your wrist rather than on other parts of the body like neck or forearms.

This matches up with sober conservative dressy clothes or semi formal/business wear. Great to wear for business luncheons.

Beautiful and popular, Shalimar continues to sell as the most successful out of all vintage fragrances

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

I was given a bottle of this along with many other when a friend's aunt passed away. The bottle is unlike any Shalimar bottle I have seen before It. It says Eau de Toilette Spray SHALIMAR. It's a 30ml bottle and it has a brown/amber sprayer attached to the plain glass bottle. I have only seen one other like it on eBay. Send me a message if you have any knowledge on the bottle I am so curious! I was told her aunt worked in a department store. Could it be a sample bottle?

Now to the juice. I love it and it seems like a sample of Shalimar that I have so I do believe that it the real deal. Like my sample, I hate the harsh opening but I LOVE the dry down. The opening is so harsh it almost hurts my nose! But it is so worth it! the citrus is so strong it's almost medicinal/cleaning product strength. But it doesn't take long to burn off, and when it does, its smoky vanilla nirvana. I am in love. About a year ago I just couldn't get past the dry down when I was testing out the sample. I almost gave up on it. I am so glad I received this gift and gave it another chance. Shalimar is now in my top five! I am in LOVE!

Sammi_co
Sammi_co

This was a huge disaster for me

mohsen.nasehipoor
mohsen.nasehipoor

It's perfect special thank to creator of this scent

Equestre
Equestre

My first bottle of Shalimar (apart from S. Parfum Initial), and I am in love. To my relatively uneducated nose, it's mostly smoky, leathery and yes rubbery, but that is what appeals to me. It's not overpowering (but then, I have only sprayed once), so should be season-versatile I think. I am getting a little of the floral notes, it's just enough to soften things up, but wish I could smell more of the bergamot and vanilla. Can't wait to start collecting more versions of this beauty!

ShoelessDuchess
ShoelessDuchess

Positively gorgeous...love it, love it love it! Have the edp, the edt, and the lotion. Can't get enough!!

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I recently became obsessed with Guerlain/Shalimars, and found this for a good deal.

It's def the EDT of the EDP. Nothing more, nothing less. It had pretty good sillage for about 25 minutes, and then lost 80% of it's potency.
(I think I have the most recent version)
I layered then with Eau de Shalimar and it kept me in a Shalimar-esque aura until the next morning.

I still love it. Def easier to wear than the EDP.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

To die for! A sweet orange scent embraces floral notes of pink roses and white jasmine flowers. A gourmand cake of vanilla and some powder. This is easier to wear than Shalimar cologne or the old original Shalimar. This is a modern updated powdery Shalimar. My only complaint is the EDT has a short life at least on me. It doesn't last longer than 1-2 hours sometimes even less than that. I don't know if it's my skin that eats it up or my chemistry doesn't handle the citrus well. It smells very nice and it's perfect if you also wear the Shalimar Parfum Initial. They smell virtually the same except the Shalimar Eau de Toilette has a shorter life. This is great for an after shower day to day perfume. I put this on when I can't find anything else to wear and when I want to switch over from the Initial.

Penhalion
Penhalion

I have been making a serious effort to get to know Shalimar. She is a complicated lady. This is my third day in a row wearing her and I think I am starting to figure her out.

On me, she opens with a strong blast of an old lady citrus sort of scent. It isn't bad but it isn't the amazing classic scent that has lasted the ages. Then she goes through an awkward stage where there is a noticeable element of charred rubber. It isn't strong enough to overwhelm the more pleasant elements but this is definitely not my favorite part. The opening scent lasts maybe 5-10 minutes, then the awkward stage begins and lasts about 30 minutes or so.

Finally, closing in on the hour mark, she begins to show her true scent. The old lady citrus fades, the charred rubber fades to just the merest hint in the background and the lovely vanilla/rose/incense embraces me and I am in love.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity (of the eau de toilette) is about 6 hours. After that it is a ghost close to my skin but I doubt anyone else can smell it.

This is a new scent to me. I don't know of anyone else who wears it. I am a historic clothing buff and costumer and I wanted to try this for its place in history. I think I will create a 20's ensemble and call it 'Shalimar' and float about in clouds of scent. Yes. That's my plan.

4trl0ver
4trl0ver

Finally got my hands on a 50 ml bottle for 80$!

1 small spray on forearm:
starts with a blast of powerful citrus notes that end after 2-3 min leaving powdery iris for an hour or so, after that all i got was classy patchouli, some quality vanilla! I love vanilla, so I think shalimar agrees with my body.
I'm soooo happy I finally got this!!!
5 hours and it's still going. Vanilla!!!!!!!!!!

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

I don't get any leather or burnt rubber here, I get a lot of citrus and powder layered over a strong resinous note. It's an odd combination, but it works. I am a little disappointed by the silage, it's pretty low for me, but otherwise this is lovely.

Mel_
Mel_

I tried Shalimar EDT, and got mostly the same experience as Stoicov, just faster. First impression was leather and burnt rubber. After a few minutes, it morphed into smoky baby powder on leather. No florals or citrus. My skin amplifies powder in an unpleasant way, so I ended up taking it off as soon as I could. Even then, it lingered. It's a classic but it's not for me.

allie kat
allie kat

I've had this one about a year now and at first I didn't get what everyone else did. It wasn't love at first sniff or even second or third but it is now. I was used to certain perfumes, certain genres of perfume and it was as though my appreciation of scent was very narrow.
Now shalimar is a love. From it's citrus and smoke opening to its cosy vanilla drydown and everything in between, I can see why this is a much loved classic.
This should never be discarded after only a couple of wears, Shalimar needs time to draw you in, to enchant you and to make you fall in love.

Stoicov
Stoicov

I really wanted to like it... but in my honest opinion it stinks.
First spray comes with a burnt rubber/plastic smell... it subsides and in 15 minutes it starts to smell good... for a moment I thought it was the most refined/expensive perfume I could get but then in 2 or 3 hours it was all baby powder.
I do not want to smell like a baby's bottom.
Sorry.

sunshineblablabla
sunshineblablabla

If I were to choose only one fragrance in the world, this would be it, no hesitation ( you can't choose Initial anymore, can you ?:( )

So I wanna be buried in/with it.

badloser
badloser

Damn this smells good! Baby powder, vanilla, spices. Last forever and ever and ever, and it's only an edt! Sillage is incredible too. I love Guerlain and I'm glad people think of Shalimar when they think of the brand, edp and edt are both works of art. Long live Shalimar.

ketoile
ketoile

When I was a teenager, I read an article about the perfumes that flappers wore and decided I had to try Shalimar; it's been in my collection ever since. There are definitely times where the powdery quality is too warm/too much, but overall, it's a longtime love, especially among the classic perfumes which are often too alcohol/aldehyde for my taste. It's definitely more subtle and less starchy than, say, No. 5. Many of the classics instantly make me think of heavy furs, face powder, hours in the salon, restrictive clothing: they just smell fussy. Not Shalimar, though, there's something a bit sly and slinky about it, but without the over-the-top animalic or gourmand notes that go into "sexy" perfumes these days.

gigicreation12m.
gigicreation12m.

I'm in love with shalimar, at the first i was, oh it smell like habanita, but now i can see the duference in between. Shalimar envolve my soul to another era and i have to say it feels diferent wearing shalimar. It fits my soul

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Vintage EDT:

A lighter fresher version of Shalimar. Great for spring wear. If you like the hallmarks of Shalimar but lighter this is lovely. Its powdery vanillic presence is lovely. The vintage EDT is substantial and staying power is long. I have the 80's box.

Its along the lines of light but substantial fragrances much like in the spirit of "Eau de Givenchy" which is a little more floral and complex.

I really wish modern perfumery could come up with something in this nitche, light but interesting and long lasting. Leave it to the masters to do a really great job in this genre. Vintage bottles can be had pretty affordable for the Shalimar EDT.

Piscean-Blue
Piscean-Blue

While the EDP is wonderful, I find that the EDT version is more suitable for daily casual wear.

Oddly enough this seems to have as much staying power as the EDP. It has great throw, too. It's just a bit more sheer.

But I love 'em both!

Luludi
Luludi

I love this perfume; however it is not for everyone. It does have a very powdery component, and this makes it vintage and classic without smelling like an old attic. I do not perceive any floral notes, just a strong citrus opening, then powder, and soft powder for the dry down. I like Shalimar l'eau PI more, since it is more citrus-like and wearable.

Hayriye
Hayriye

I think this perfume is wonderful! Initially, I was put off by the topnotes. I really thought it was horrible! The next day, it smelled floral and powdery. It developed into such a lovely, complex smell and the longevity is incredible! Makes me wonder how strong the EDP is.

MrsR
MrsR

I bought a sample from a top rated seller off of ebay. Maybe I got fake.....but this smells just like Carmex to me. First sniff through dry down, straight Carmex. It is awful and if this is what Shalimar really smells like I don't get the love at all.

EDIT::::: I got to try a for sure genuine one and it still smells like Carmex to me. Carmex, cigarettes, and dirty hair. I truly wish I could smell it like the rest of you do! :(

davide2111
davide2111

Profumo over 45, molto signorile ove le note talcate dominano la fragranza in tutto e per tutto! il bergamotto che è nelle note di testa esce in ritardo dando alla profumazione una punta di aspro che la rende PERFETTA! Il profumo di pulito s'impadronisce del corpo di chi l'indossa! Vagamente ricorda il buon profumo del talco JOHNSON'S BABY. Per chi ama il tipo di profumazione con forti noti talcate Shalimar rappresenta il top!
Sillage 8.5/10
Longevità 8.5/10
Profumo 8/10

Nikinoo
Nikinoo

I Love Shalimar, I always will its a forever classic and it defines what perfume should be. The top notes are spicey and bold even smoky, but the dry down is a sweet powdery vanilla that is ohhhh so lovely. Everyone should at the very least try Shalimar, this scent has been going strong since the 20's and its not going anywhere. And the bottle is and should be a staple on anyone's dresser tray it is vintage looking and gorgeous. Just don't be put off by the top notes because if you wait it out and not scrub, you will be pleasantly surprised the magic trick it does.

cdmarz
cdmarz

As someone who had Baby Soft as one of their first perfumes, now I see what they were going for. Very baby powdery. I like this scent..but, honestly I think there are many knockoffs for much cheaper. Maybe it's just this concentration, but on my skin, this is eaten up in about 4 hours; which is odd because my skin usually finds a way to make fragrance last into the next day.

The initial citrus blast lasts about 5 seconds. After which I get a horrible medicinal smell which lasts for about half an hour (though I can only smell the medicinal smell close up, from further away, I smell powder). After that, all I smell is powder, tonka bean and vanilla. I get no incense or florals whatsoever.

I think I need to try the eau de parfum to get a better idea of this perfume.

Ok, so I was wrong, just tried it again while I was warmer and it definitely changed. Much prettier..like vanilla spice cake..though still not a fan of that medicinal note..ick.

Just tried the Eau de Parfum and what a stark difference! That one is gorgeous, deep and ambery on me. Love it much more over the eau de toilette. Hardly any powder in the Eau de Parfum vs the Eau de Toilette which is a powder bomb (in the best way possible).

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

For me, the Toilette is more wearable than the Parfum. Shalimar in all it's other incarnations are citrus bombs. Sometimes that can get annoying and even gross. The parfum is totally unisex and even smells like a man's cologne or after shave. The EDT is softer, and wears like powder. This is like a soft rose powder to put on your face. The bergamot opening is not as pungent. The floral scents hit you right away. There are some abstract flowers I can't pick up on but I smell jasmine and roses. A sweet vanilla scent wafts up to your nose not long after the flowers and powder. Sweet, soft, and like others have said, a touch gourmand, like a sweet cake with vanilla frosting. Love it. I have only one bottle but I'll buy another after using it up. If you like Shalimar Light, get the EDT. It's more relaxed, less fruity, more floral but with the exact same vanilla. I also love the glass bottle and its design looks like a harp. A loveable fragrance.

AmberBump
AmberBump

saw this at the store and gave it a try and right away I smelled this drink called Horchata. Lol I have no clue why but that's why I liked it but then it quickly faded away and I kept getting a powdery vanilla.. But not in a bad way. I came home and asked my husband what he thought of it and he said smells like Pepsi :( so a definite nope for me.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

over the holiday i tried my mom's EDT which is the first shalimar she's purchased in years. I remember her having some in the 80s, and my memory isn't perfect but I think that was possibly more vanilla and less smoky than this? it starts off kind of like mothballs, then I get a hint of vanilla, then it gets incredibly smoky like snuffed out cigarettes. I think perhaps I'm smelling primarily tonka and bergamot? the florals aren't all that obvious to me, but i really am not sure what i am smelling here. i remember liking the shalimar my mom wore in the 80s, and maybe it's a skin chemistry issue, because i know this is a classic, but this one just isn't working on my skin like my memories of shalimar on my mom.

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

A perfume that's been seen as a French perfumery masterpiece since 1925 deserves upmost respect. Guerlain is Shalimar and Shalimar is Guerlain. Incomparable and unique personality that does not smell like any other ones. Uniqueness and addictive power close to obsession. All these celebrity juices sold in the high street which are synthetic and vulgar should be banned.
I have been using Shalimar for a year now and after each spray something different occurred, always with this vanilla gourmand note in the background which is far from being sickening: a note of leather one day, then some bergamot the other or a captivating incense vapour before becoming a skin scent after a good 6 hours (for the eau de toilette) of projection. The eau de parfum lasts longer (around 12 hours) and is more leathery, animalistic, more for evening wear. The eau de toilette is perfect for day wear or office wear, in other words for every occasion regardless of the seasons.
For those guys who wonder whether Shalimar is unisex, the answer is yes and the eau de toilette is the perfect introduction to it. Careful though that it does not become an obsession as it happened to me. I am Shalimar and Shalimar is me!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shalimar Eau de Toilette by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shalimar Eau de Toilette by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.