Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Guess By Marciano Guess for women
dislike

I have it: 730 I had it: 331 I want it: 322 My signature: 11

Guess By Marciano Guess for women Pictures

This female Guess perfume, presented in 2007, brings us the notes of star fruit, Curacao orange liquor, sparkling grapefruit and cardamom as it opens. Middle notes continue with a floral rhythm of peony, pink honeysuckle and intensively clean and sweet jasmine. Base notes wrap up the composition with powdery vanilla, musk and woody accords. This perfume is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Barbara Zoebelein.

Grapefruit Cardamom Curacao Carambola (Star Fruit)

Peony Jasmine Honeysuckle

Musk Vanilla Woody Notes

212 VIP

Guess By Marciano Fragrance Reviews

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Marshall score! Sweet and sharp plus fresh and slightly fruity.LOVE. Vanilla beauty.<3

Iloveperfume51
Iloveperfume51

Honestly I have become so picky with perfumes. I need them to be balanced, sweet but not too sweet, gourmand but not too gourmand, etc. I need longevity. I want to be able to wear it anytime! This $30 perfume fits that bill for me ladies and gentlemen I'm so happy I bought this. It was a blind buy and very often blind buys don't turn out well for me. I don't know if I have a signature scent because it's so hard to just pick one but I'm telling you all this is signature scent material. Someone said "vanilla on a vacation" and that's what I get here, citrusy vanilla that is also deep and smells put together if that makes sense i could see myself being able to wear this anytime and that's what I needed. I also have an old bottle of guess gold wichich was a favourite for many years and this is kind of like it's cousin :)

Sorryifiloveyou
Sorryifiloveyou

Opened with citrus... Go to fresh and last a little bit Vanila and Musk..

Not similar with 212 Sexy, 212 warm and smooth, Marciano Fresh,sweet,rich and Cheerful...

Enjoy with smell and for daily activities.... But it's strong, be careful...

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

It has all the right notes. It should work on me. I should love it. But there is something synthetic and a little off about it. My coworker ran for her inhaler and hid from me. So this one is definitely NSFW. It reminds me of Beyoncé Pulse. But I like Pulse better. It's nice. I don't hate it, but I thought I'd love it. Luckily it's inexpensive. I'll wear it around the house and to freshen up the bedding.

austeja.pajarskaite
austeja.pajarskaite

ENORMOUS SILLAGE AND LONGEVITY, FILLS THE ROOM :) I LOVE THIS PERFUME, SMELL IS SOO SWEET AND RICH :))

Soofiya
Soofiya

I bought this because SA claimed that it's a sweet vanilla scent and a 3.4 oz bottle was only 20 bucks
First time I tried it,I was really disappointed,I had not checked it's notes that time,but I could say there is definitely cardamom and a citrus note in it.it wasn't warm and sweet.on me it was an almost fresh spicy citrus ina faint musky vanilla base
But I didn't give up and decided to wear it for a week.it grew on me amazingly.I don't know what was wrong with my nose that couldn't pick up thissmuch sweetness!
It still opens with cardamom-citrus.but as honeysuckle kicks in,it becomes less juicy and less sharp.oh I adore honey suckle and it's very faint here but little better than nothing.drydown is heavenly with a hint of musk and woods and a dominant boozy vanilla and LOTS of sugar
I love sweet scents and there's almost nothing sweet enough for me,well this is!it's very sweet and this is a plus for me.I can't blaim vanilla for all the sweetness,I'm sure there is an unlisted sugar nore helping boozy vanilla.I'm very happy I gave it some time.when I'm craving for something sweet(and almost always during cold months I'm craving for sweeties)this can calm me down
Longevity is very good.+6 hours and sillage is huge in first hour but then it becomes moderate
Although marciano is a sweet delicious fragrance I can see nothing childish in it and although it's very sweet,it's not really cloying or syrupy.it's a cold weather perfume and can be very annoying and headache inducing in heat
I like the bottle
❤❤❤❤

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

This is yumminess

Delicious gourmand notes and liquored scents of curacao, citrus, soft florals, soft woods and vanilla. The main attraction in this fragrance is the curacao which is a tropical booze from the Caribbean island of Curacao in the Dutch Antilles. It's an orange flavored liquor, blue in color. It smells just like it when it opens. It's got citrus notes courtesy of a grapefruit and some star fruit/carambola just to give it that tropical island air. It smells like a cabana by a pool in a hotel in Puerto Rico, or an outdoor terrace restaurant in the Caribbean, with this exotic booze wafting into the air.

The florals are pushed aside and they can't do anything but swim in a pool of blue booze. The only flower scent I picked up on was honeysuckle and peony. This honeysuckle is not a big one but it is sweet and honeyed, so I guess it's just another form of honey. The peony and jasmine are probably together but they are faint and just a little bit powdery. The florals are not the key players. That opening of grapefruit-curacao is. The honeysuckle is probably the dominant "floral" aspect of the scent. It embraces the dry down of pure vanilla.

This is a creamy rich vanilla with a sweetness almost like vanilla frosting. It's beautifully recreated to smell like vanilla as one remembers it from a dessert. If this was drinkable, I'd put this perfume liquid into my mouth. It would have to taste as good as it smells. The vanilla is so nice.

Now if this fragrance does not go well with your skin chemistry and you don't care for citrus, honeysuckle or vanilla, then sample it first and never buy it blindly or just look for perfumes that might have similar notes but are more wearable for you. This kind of perfume reminds me of fragances like Siren by Paris Hilton or Juicy Couture, but it's not as fruity. This is not really that fruity as it is vanilla and booze.

This is grown up but not sophisticated. It's like a fragrance tailor made for a very laidback California girl in her early 20's, she wears bikinis, and shorts all year round and big oversized glasses. This perfume totally matches up with summer clothing that I like to wear and it reminds me of my Malibu.

I love it! It's too bad summer's over and I can't wear it anymore. However it has been an unusual September weather of 100 degrees here lately and this fragrance hits the spot.

juniemoon
juniemoon

I like this one a lot it is perfect for fall.I am not usually fond of citrus but the orange-spiciness is so yummy. (I know it says grapefruit but to me it smells like orange). It goes good with BBW Cashmere Glow lotion or the Vanilla Sugar lotion as well. I got a 100 ml bottle for $20 at Shoppers Drug Mart, Lasting power is pretty good. Glad to have it and hope to always have it in my collection It does last quite well on clothes at least three or four days.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Ughh!! So I finally was able to get my hands on this perfume after reading countless reviews of people saying that it was a nice spicy vanilla/caramel type of scent that will impress any man lol. Well....it smells like alcohol and baby powder on me :( I sprayed this on my wrist every night for about 4 days to see if I could get any of the vanilla/caramel notes and nope, just powdery spice. I only paid around $15 for it on ebay and I'm sending it back ASAP!

Oh and the perfume was really weak on my skin too. It only lasted two hours tops! I actually went into the guess store today while I was at the mall to see if they still had this perfume so I could test it & make sure that I didnt get a fake. Unfornately, they didnt have this scent in stores.

Eyviab
Eyviab

Wow I miss this frag so much! I had bought this in the end of summer of 2006 and I loved it through the fall and winter! Such good memories with this one! I felt sexy, independent and I can hear destiny's child singing in the background while I wore it! Independent ladies!!! Lol sweet, musky, sexy little frag!

Skayalily
Skayalily

Lip gloss! Sticky, tacky, fruity, tween girl lip gloss. And then I'm drinking a fruity, colorful drink in some bar that wants to be a tropical paradise, but doesn't have any sand nearby. This is so sweet, a dark heavy sweet; it's all waxy fruit sugars and syrupy booze sweetness; the flowers bring the tropics, and it's oddly adorable. It mellows a little and loses the lip gloss vibe after about an hour but remains very sweet. The musk comes up and it's a sweet skin musk for a few more hours.

Bunny Phone
Bunny Phone

I LOVE this scent. This is Pink Sugar who comes home to visit a few weeks every summer with tons of racy clothes and stories to tell. It's warm, sweet, sexy, nice projection and long-lasting. I always get tons of compliments from men when I wear this. I agree with the review that said this is great perfume to wear when you know you're going to get a little physical with someone. Somehow it smells ten times better after I'm done making out with my man.

Music_luver77
Music_luver77

I just got this one and I do like it. On me it smells like a cross between "Meow" by Katy Perry and "Fleur defendue" by Lolita lempicka. I pick up a lot of the vanilla, which is not straight vanilla, but it is mixed nicely with a hint of citrus. I am testing this in summer warmth but imagine it would be nice in cooler months too. Not unique or amazing, but a pleasant addition. Probably a safe blind buy.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This is a very sweet smelling fruity tropical perfume. Oh, it's like a cool (not hot) summer night just after sun down by the sea/marina (insert location: Honolulu Hawaii, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Florida) at a restaurant. The scent of curacao is very strong here. Curacao is an island in the Caribbean part of the Dutch Antilles and next to Bonaire. As a paid entertainer/showgirl in cruise lines like Princess and Royal Caribbean, I've been to this island before and the curacao drink they made there is exactly what this smells like. It's a fruity boozy orange flavored cocktail. If you like citrus in your alcohol, and now you transform it into a sweet perfume smell, then you'll be in for a treat. There's also floral flashes of soft pink peony, jasmine and honeysuckle. The florals are light but detectable especially the honeysuckle which blends with the citrus and the booze. This smells like orange flavored root beer when the weather gets too hot but it smells much more floral and creamy like an ice cream float in cooler weather. The dry down is vanilla, very very good vanilla. Creamy, sweet, gourmand vanilla. I like to wear this scent during my cruise jobs but I like it so much that even back home in Florida I wear this to parties. This is totally a party perfume for the summer months.

anapana83
anapana83

Flirty, sultry, attention-grabbing. These are the words that automatically come to my mind when i think of this perfume. It was pretty much love at first sniff when my mom gave this fragrance to me. Fruity and sweet with a hint of spice and musk. It can be worn during the day but is particularly very appropriate for a sexy night out. Spray lightly, otherwise it can become overwhelming. I'll definitely buy this one again.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

It's sweet, floral, woody and gourmand. I can't tell who is winning the race either. I also can't tell if I like this or hate it. It smells like a cocktail of caramel and cheap bourbon garnished with honeksuckle flowers. This smells so mid-2000s and pretty tacky, but it's also sort of charming.

Streak
Streak

I wish there was a "Not Sure" option above, in addition to "like" or "dislike". I really *want* to like this. It was a blind buy, and based on the description I was hoping it might be similar to original Guess. I smell a lot of the good things that reviewers have noted: the jasmine, amber, vanilla, blended with other notes (including something decidedly woods-y) I can't quite define. All things I like in perfumes.

Sadly, on top of it all, overpowering it, is some unidentified note that my nose interprets as baby powder. Something about my body chemistry just doesn't work well with this.

I'm quite envious of those of you who can pull it off, because the descriptions here sound absolutely lovely.

Incidentally, an Etsy seller who makes "impostors" of designer fragrances sent me a sample of her version of this. When I removed the lid from the sample vial, I instantly recognized the fragrance and the similarity to the original, but I absolutely loved it! I have yet to test it on my skin, but I'm convinced that what I smelled in the vial is actually how this perfume is meant to be experienced. If it's as nice on my skin as it is in the vial, this Guess by Marciano replica could easily become a favorite.

EVAN SWIFT
EVAN SWIFT

I love it.. Muskiness n woodsy.. On my skin it linger all day.. It is sexy. Good projection. And very intimidating.. Good for a long sex session LOL

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

A honeyed gourmand with a bitter undercurrent that actually improves it and stops it from being full on treacle. If you like the sweet stuff this could be a good affordable alternative to the fairy floss that's out there.

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

im disappointed in this scent. I wasnt able to smell it before buying it. i just dont like it. Its not "me" or my style. If anybody would like to do a swap with me that would be awesome. the bottle is about 98% full.

PS..that kind of scents i enjoy...Sweet, fresh, vanilla, citrus, powdery, aquatic, gourmand

favorite perfumes..pink friday, viva la juicy, meow by katy perry, Pink chiffon, Britney spears perfumes

ChloeBentley
ChloeBentley

I get no vanilla in this

Heartswell.
Heartswell.

Guess by Marciano is not a bad scent, far from it. It's a decent sweet one, but it gets too cloying to my nose and almost headache-inducing. It's probably the combo of vanilla (which I can't really detect), fruits (which come through as sweetness), curaçao liqueur (which does come through). The opening is sweet and loud. The drydown is strange with a musky/floral note showing up and not really meshing well with the rest of the sweet notes and I can't get over that. It always smells like there's something 'off' about the whole thing. It's nothing like I've ever smelled before (among other perfumes of its category that is), I'll give it that.

It has decent sillage and okay lasting power. I tested this when the weather was warmer (not in the heat because I'm not insane) and when it was colder. It's definitely a cold weather scent because the cold gives a chance for the fruit to shine and makes the scent lighter and way less cloying.

All in all, for me, it's a bit unique, but not really. I got it at a relatively cheap price, so I can't really complain. It's not that I don't like it. I like it when it doesn't try to suffocate me. Which is most of the time I wear it, so I'll probably only use it lightly or when it's cold outside.

nordhaul
nordhaul

Is this the same Guess repackaged?
That was once this reddish orangish
juice in that Triangular Crystal bottle
with accompanying black cap? If so
then this is in the same family (or so
it seems to me at least!) as Rapture
by Victoria's Secret. Both throaty &
heavy, on the verge of offensive rude
and vulgar, but doesn't Quite reach that
stage thanks to some heavy duty candying
affect at the dry down, as long as used
with intelligence. NEVER a summer
scent. Winter ONLY and discreetly.
These are lingerie scents although I
don't like them even for that. They
try WAY too hard and scream too
loud. Befitting as American perfumes,
as no French would ever consider
such overstatement in perfumery.
Peace

harvest archer
harvest archer

Marciano would be a love for me because I love the notes. When I spray on my skin, it seems as if it just disappears in five minutes flat. It lasts longer on fabric, though. I smell the Curacao and starfruit immediately; the vanilla comes through and I get a little bit of wood just before it disappears. Its probably my chemistry, because in my opinion this is a very nice fragrance.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Mmm. Creamy vanilla and booze. Not sure if I want to smell like this but I like the smell on my wrist for a little while. Very warm and cozy. Might be a nice bedroom scent for when you want to feel edible & sexy. This reminds me a lot of the body shop vanilla oil except with a little more kick. Projects very well with decent longevity. Might consider this in the future for winter when I am in the mood for vanilla.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

This is a boozy yet chic vanilla. It reminds me a little of Bonbon and Fantasy. However, this fragrance is sweet, but not as sweet as them. The curucao and the vanilla, and citrus remind me of Pulse. They are a little similar but more different more than anything.

This one does not cause me a headache like Bonbon and Pulse. It lasts up to four hours with my chemistry. The projection is medium. The musk and the wood note give it that creaminess that adds sophistication to the fun notes. Very well done!

Layana
Layana

Very good value! Lovely vanilla and toffee caramel is what I get, among some warm spices. So much more interesting than prada candy and so much more affordable. Smells good on men too, my younger brother keeps using it. Quite strong and long lasting! (Wonder if different countries have differing concentrations of formulation?)

Kohla1
Kohla1

This is the kind of fresh vanilla I have been searching for!!! I find the sickly sweet vanilla too much sometimes and this is a perfect vanilla, its non offensive. It doesnt project well which is actually good for me considering I have people in my life who dont like smelling perfumes.

Venusta
Venusta

So fresh! Vanilla on vacation, crispy and warm sunshine-type. This is not a cookie vanilla. So snuggle worthy- but also ready to take on the day. The floral notes are blended well and give the vanilla a sexy edge.

This is an uplifting, soft fragrance. I can't imagine anyone wearing this with a grumpy attitude. Would saying "yummy yum yum" be repetitive for how yummy this smells?

Jasmine2024
Jasmine2024

warm, snugly, enticing, sexy, it reminds me of winter on a freezing cold night next to the fire all glam and classy- cabin like situation ❄️

Muzii
Muzii

Sweet and warm vanilla.i also live it but quit fade quickly not longable for my skin.

Corinne39
Corinne39

Hummm... Don't get me wrong, I like this fragrance, but I think I must be missing something judging from the reviews here. On me it's a pleasant enough vanilla scent, but that's it..simple, straight forward and uncomplicated. Like it but don't think I'd re-buy.

Edit: the weather's got a bit colder now it's October, so I've been wearing this a bit more and although I still get mostly vanilla, I get a little bit of spice now too..changed my mind, maybe I would re-buy!

nightcutter
nightcutter

This is a beautiful and bright but also soft vanilla. It has a subtle fruity smell in the background - from the curacao I think. It's lovely. Only issue is it's light and doesn't last long.

candyfluff7
candyfluff7

When I first bought this it was instant regret, but the more I wore it, the more I started to love it. At first I thought this was way too spicy and loud for warmer months, now it seems perfect and has become my go-to scent.
I love sweet scents and admittedly have a soft spot for celebrity sugar-bombs. Perhaps this is why this perfume initially scared me, it is definitely more adult and smells more like a liqueur than a candy shop. After ten minutes or so, this turns into the perfect perfume. I hate how the initial spray smells, toxic pepper spray, remnants of an Indian curry, public washroom urine mixed with air freshener and syrup! I have no idea what the note is, but there is something lingering in the initial spray that I swear my body rejects, I feel instantly nauseous and creeped out. The moment the spray dries on my skin things transform and I love this mess - spicy, musky, warm, sweet and exotic and dare I say, a bit mysterious - I spray this and think of a witches brew. Perhaps I am just not at all accustomed to perfumes meant for adults, but this makes me feel sexy, empowered and gasp! My age.
My relationship with this fragrance has been very odd, but for now we seem to getting along fantastically.

J'aimeParfum
J'aimeParfum

oh this is...oh listen,i put amor amor cacharel on one wrist and guess by marciano on other...30 minute later i forgot which one is amor amor and which one is guess...inexpensive yet so fabulous!! love at the fist sniff.

nursafwah87
nursafwah87

This is the perfume that's going to get attention from people around you.

This is the only perfume that I've bought consistently (I've lost count for how many bottles I've bought) for 4 years straight. The sillage is merely not there but it's long lasting on me 7hours ++.

I'm not good in telling the substance of the smells but it makes me feel sexy, happy and confident!

Thanks Guess!

LaviniaMidnight
LaviniaMidnight

I love this, it is so sultry. I'm getting mostly sandalwood/vanilla but I love those notes so a big thumbs-up for me. I'm thinking this would smell awesome on a man, too. I wish it had better longevity but considering the price I'm going to stock up and touch up without worrying about running out. Truly a sexy fragrance.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Beautiful. Guess by Marciano for Women reminds me a little of Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women. It's the citrus and vanilla turned into golden velvet by florals. Not a dupe, but similar.

Guess by Marciano is strong and sweet. I pick up on the honeysuckle and jasmine right away. Really pretty. Sillage and staying power are good.

MAGF1993
MAGF1993

A NICE VANILLA BUT TOO STRONG FOR ME.

Saumi
Saumi

I'm in love with this perfume. Although it's my mum who got this as a gift, I can't stop spraying it whenever I go out on a sultry evening. It smells like an Indian sweets shop!or like sitting on grandma's lap warm, happy and content. The cardamom and vanilla notes makes me nostalgic.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

This perfume is a cycle. The sweetness is a lovely caramel and vanilla with warm spices and when you think you will get overwhelmed by the sweetness, there comes the mouthwatering citrus to save the day and make you want more of the sweetness.Love it ,very cosy and warm, hugs you in a cloud of comfort and hapiness.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

When my skin can hold on to the cardamom spice and draw the florals out of Guess I love it (very sexy); however, usually my body chemistry and this fragrance battle it out, and from the rubble appears a cheap, waxy fruit note that just WON'T go away. It stays, and soon finds friends in a sickly-sweet vanilla and a half-assed powder. I only wish cardamom, jasmine and I could go all Mean Girls with that trio and be like, "You can't sit with us."

I have the richest results when I spray this on my clothes and let my skin warm it up - then I really do dig this frag!

fungest
fungest

its rare thing that i buy 2 bottles for any parfum but this no.. its very warm vanilla scent
sillage very good
longevity like monster i spray on my neck and with any move i smell it for + 10 hours
note am a man ..

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

This fragrance is lacking in a lot of areas, unfortunately. The initial spray is a burst of deliciousness, thanks to the curaçao and vanilla mixing beautifully. However, after 5 minutes it just gets REALLY boring. The sweetness of the vanilla is the only thing I can smell throughout the duration of the scent, which isn't long at all (3 hours tops). On top of that, it is SO weak and barely detectable unless you try really hard to smell it. Before receiving the fragrance as a gift, I was really excited to try it because the notes are right up my alley. It just needs something stronger to give it a bit of zing and oomph. Smells like a light, weak version of Beyonce Pulse.

CPelly82

A great way to add more depth to this fragrance is to use Oud by Demeter. I spray the oud on first and I let it settle for a few moments then I spray on the Guess. A perfect marriage between these two.

adorkable_scent
adorkable_scent

I boughy this one because this smells great on my friend.. but idk why the only note that i could smell on my skin is just the white floral!! Sweet but not sophisticated. So sad eventho this isnt that bad:(
I really crave the vanilla note tho!

Sweelty
Sweelty

This one smells exactly like 212 VIP CH. But it has nothing to do with BS Fantasy

Angelkaos
Angelkaos

I just got this today a blind buy, it's so amazing and beautiful i love this smell!!!

CPelly82

What can I say about this perfume expect WOW?! I love the depth this fragrance has. On the first spray it's very woody with lots of vanilla fragrance then it calms down to a very powdery scent. Reminds me of Diesel's Loverdose Tattoo only slightly stronger. Now that the weather is much warmer I love wearing this on hot days. There's something sexy about it.

agentj
agentj

I had a deep LOVE for the original Guess, it was my favorite in 1995, except for the fact that it stained my clothes. However, I can't find much to like in this one. The initial spray holds some promise, but the dry down is just weird (sort of bug spray-ish) on me. I'm bummed.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This perfume is nothing like the twisted bottle old Guess perfume....nothing, nada, no way, zilch! I can only assume most will agree with me, but if you read a review that says it is, well then you'll have a difficult time trying to decide if you want this or not!

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

A little question for all the "Original Guess" perfume lovers: does this version smell a little bit similar to the original one? Or is it a totally different thing?
Thanks!

lirael00
lirael00

I blind bought it based on reviews and cheap price. Well, I can say that it doesn't smell cheap at all and the first time I wore it I've already received a compliment from a girl passing me by down the street. It's a very warm scent, I like to mixed it with Charlie Gold (which has that spicy cinnamon I like) and together with Guess it's a very good combination. Sillage is great and longevity too, let say it stays on my skin for about 6 hours. Though I would say it's more appropriate to wear it in the winter/fall season I'm planning to wear it also in summertime, just because it's so noce. I'm always happy when I find a cheap fragrance that smells heavenly.

Eira Sol
Eira Sol

My first impression of this affordable perfume was: "WOAH! Too sweet."

Fortunately it calms down and becomes more pleasant. It has kind of a sweet coconut thing going on. Still sweet, but with some body to it.

Sillage is good. Maybe a bit to good for some occassions.
I think you have to be a fan of sweet perfumes to really enjoy this. A bit too much for me.

CozyCat
CozyCat

If you are more partial to sweet scents, this is a good inexpensive scent for 'grab-n-go', day-to-night wear in fall/winter. It's more grown-up compared to celebrity gourmand releases like Fantasy and Can Can (love them but I don't wear them out often), satisfying my sweet tooth without making me feel like I'm stuck in high school. I had Fancy and used to love it, now I tend to find it syrupy cloying and too straightforward. Guess by Marciano shares similarities with Fancy, but with the strong syrupy sweetness dialed down and tempered with citrus, musk and spice (cardamom). Unlike Fancy, I can also pull this one off on breezy spring/summer evenings without feeling like I'm drowning in a vat of caramel-vanilla syrup. It also makes me think of Miss Dior Cherie 2005 (which I also used to love) if you were to take out the strawberry and patchouli...it has that sweet musky-caramel-orange vibe that I love in Miss Dior Cherie. I am looking forward to wearing this one often in the coming fall/winter. Not mind-blowing or particularly unique, but very pleasant, affordable, yummy, happy, playfully seductive and easy to wear. Longevity and sillage are good.

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

This was my signature scent for many years, and to me this just smells like what I imagine a fairy crossing might smell like; sweet, woody and like magic!! I really do still love this scent. This settles on my skin so nicely, and 'reactivates' hours later if I do a workout and perspire or when taking a shower. It's just a really beautiful scent that I think hasn't had enough hype.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

This is a golden scent with the whole attractive gold designer package and scent like vanilla gold bullion. I love the little golden pouch bag that sweetly holds your 50 ml bottle. The first initial spray is rather potent/chemical heavy i don't know exactly a somewhat charred woody smell & it put me right off at the start. I did give this perfume a chance & then it soon settled into this cosy sweet powdery perfume but at the same time bold and yet pleasantly surprised, soft & oriental after a good 20 minutes. It reminds me of the ugly duckling that turns into the beautiful white swan. I think the way the skin chemistry works with this perfume, if you like it to start with, you'll hate it in the end up but if you hate it at first you'll come to love it in the end.

*Update!* I am actually going to give this perfume time to adjust, i might find this is a lovely replacement for Jessica Simpsons Fancy as i find Fancy ends up being chemical on me, so this might be the answer to my prayers. Well done Guess!.

theposhest
theposhest

This is great for a night out, either for a walk or dinner. This smell resonates well with me, it leaves you thinking of how wonderful the scent is once it's gone.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Guess by Marciano is a versatile fragrance. I find it's compatible with warm weather because its slight citrusy, sweet floral is refreshing and relaxing, without trying to smother all sources of heat. It has a friendly, warm and golden vibe.

This summer I've been through all my cooling summer scents trying to find something to trick me into feeling cooler. In some cases I've been successful but I sometimes get that feeling of coming out of the heat and walking into a really cold room - sometimes it's too cool for comfort. Some of my perfumes seem to over-do the cool factor.

The curacao is there (hic!) but it settles down to more of an orange syrup note than full on booze. The light spice from the cardamon lends a slightly exotic feel. The star fruit contributes a slight sour fruitiness without being overtly fruity. It doesn't last terribly long, but then I don't spray more than once. I don't mind reapplying because I actually enjoy the liqueur note (and I'm not really a drinker!).

I find it to be an easy scent to wear for casual days. I like the soft sillage of this fragrance in summer, but I'm also looking forward to testing this one in the autumn and winter. I think I will see another side to this fragrance.

piggyluv
piggyluv

I have a strange relationship with this scent-sometimes I wear it and feel so sexy- I smell the boozy orange, rich white floral, warm simmering spices, enveloped in a musky, vanilla base. On another day I will spray this and it will seem a cloying, overly sweet, nauseating mess and I will find it stomach churning for a good 2 hours before it softens and becomes tolerable to me. Honestly, I don't think it's the perfume, I think it's me. I think a lot has to do with hormones as I cannot stand this scent during PMS when my sense of smell seems acute.

Ioli19
Ioli19

This perfume is very different to the rest I own, so it will take some time for me to get used to it. It's heavy but warm, almost comforting. The vanilla and musk notes are the most prominent, not the rest. I have not worn it out and about yet, so not able to say what the reception by others is, I think I don't feel confident with it yet as it's outside my comfort zone still! It is sweet and makes a statement, it's feminine, very creamy, it does demand attention, it's different and along lines of 212 sexy in a way.
I think it has a place in my wardrobe and we will get on really well especially on winter nights!

Edit: I had to give this to a friend, she wears it well and it's lovely on her, guess we were never meant to be!

rosembloom
rosembloom

Wearing this on the 1rst of Febuary is like being hugged by an old and beloved friend. She is warm and sweet, smells of spice and fine liqueur... This friend has a sunny (orange) disposition and a sassy personality (spices and cardamom) I greatly enjoy. Without overwhelming, she makes a statement as she enters the room, filling it with her charming presence and stylish flair. I love Guess, lace stockings over tanned legs, opulent understatement and all! Sweet?? oh yeah! If you know me, you know I love gourmand fragrances and this one sure calms my sweet cravings! The opening is a burst of Carambola, spicy and nectar-like and delighfully fresh Grapefruit. It reminds me so much of L by Lolita Lempika! I can almost detect frangipani and heliotrope though they are not listed.
Jasmine and honeysuckle give this beautiful scent a languid and vaporous sultriness that lingers beautifully on me, making it a very feminie fragrance. Since my skin basically seems to drink in my scents, it is not strong on me but has much presence, which I loooove. Once the drydown settles in, the heady and spicy opening merges beautifully with rich 'tonka bean'-like vanilla ,soft musky notes and smokey woods. Such a beautiful scent for Winter and Fall! The cardamom renders it an floriental without stuffiness . Instead, she remains airy and nectarious, floating about me like a sunny halo. I get this spicy Capucino scent , dulce de leche and praline drydown that last about 5hours. To me this is : Fancy meets Ellie Saab! Loving it!

primerie
primerie

The vanilla, cardamom, and musk in Guess by Marciano do smell nice, feminine, and warm, but a bit too heavy for me to wear in daily basis. I could not recognize the Curaçao liqueur, btw. Blame it on my olfactory bulb. :D

tgnetz
tgnetz

I received a sample of this fragrance and gave it to my wife. We both instantly fell in love with it so I bought her a bottle for Christmas.

This fragrance is just amazing. I find the floral scents to be strong and elegant. This feels as if it were a natural progression on the female powerhouse perfumes of the 70s and 80s and definitely does not smell dated.

One thing I must say about this perfume is that it is very strong. My wife will apply only one or two sprays of this and it will fill the room. When she leaves the room the scent lingers for a while. There have been days when I came home from work, she had left the house for a couple hours, and when I walked through the front door the house still smelled amazing.

My wife was a huge fan of Alfred Sung Shi and that has been her signature scent for years but this one is quickly winning that battle and has taken top spot in her rotation. This definitely makes me want to try the male version.

shazzaley
shazzaley

nice smelling but not lasting for me..

FostersFields
FostersFields

Had this perfume and loved it..need to buy more:) I liked that this was more musky/vanilla sweet than most other floral like perfumes!

rockegg
rockegg

First -
This opened with a bright and unique bit of intrigue that unfortunately faded away in a heartbeat, but it caught my attention. Then it turned into another heavily vanilla based scent that made me yawn. There are too many of them out there.

Then -
My husband said, you smell nice. And he never does that.

So I find this parfum infuriating. I want to wear my beloved chypres but I get complimented by my husband and other people when I smell like baking cookies.

Well, there is no lace pattern on my bottle. I tested it when it was released and felt NOTHING. Like not good, not bad, not interesting, not intriguing, not offputting, not unpleasant .....
Half a year ago, when shopping with my son, I liked the scent the girl at the counter was wearing - powdery vanilla-caramel. Not very sweet, just nice. I didn't found it appropriate for the season (a hot summer), but a scent I would like to wear for fall, winter or early spring. So, when I found it at a discount price , I bought a 100 ml bottle unsnifed. Guess what! The perfume I have smells nothing like my previous experiences. I get in the opening the cardamom, oranges and curacao, but for a very short time, then it dries down to something no one mentioned before: a nostalgic lipstick oris based smell; the kind my mother was wearing. The iris is not listed but to my nose it is definitely there, from the beginning through the end.
That lipsticky powdery oris dry down (a smell I'm addicted to)is what moved this perfume from indifference to love for me. I know I've smelt something very similar before, but cannot figure out what it was.

icecube
icecube

Well this one is hard to tell what it smells like - A musky bizzare mix that on top of that is very weak.
This one goes inte the trash.

Ayola83
Ayola83

Whenever I wear this perfume, I tend to get into some trouble with my male students/co-workers. First of all, it lights up a room...you can't hide with this perfume! Maybe it's my body chemistry working really well with this, but it's well worth the cost (it's not expensive at all). I'll smell the citrus and the spices at first (the spices remain), and then I smell like someone else stated...caramel...and spicy, warm, creamy vanilla. This one is definitely a keeper!

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Just tried this, as its on special @ $29 for 100ml {3.4oz}, so, thinking it would be cloying and too strong for warmer weather... today is quite warm, was pleasantly surprised. Instead, although strong at first, it is caramelly heaven, and my hubby who suffers hayfever ( induced by pollen, grass seeds, NOT PERFUMES< thankfully) and is fairly neutral about my fumes at the best of times... he is my fragrance wardrobe financial backer, but isn't bothered much which one I wear, ACTUALLY LIKED THIS
. After forcing him to sniff my arm couple of times more,he asked which one it was, so he can go get it for me.

I agree that there is a pineapple note, perhaps the curacao, but it mellows to a sweet vanillic caramel, not in the slightest overpowering. I think this is lovely, and quite underrated. This is a good thing as its not on everyone, and is available at a ridiculous price.
This is of course just my perception, and on my chemistry, but for those who like sweeter fumes, give it a try :}

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

smells like "COINTREAU"- the orange liquor

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I got this for $20 at Marshall's, and it's been a great little scent for everything from errands to date night. Guess starts out fruity and spicy, but dries down to deep, slightly floral vanilla musk. I like it, and the price is nice, too. Silage is ok for the first couple of hours, thereafter it's a skin scent. Longevity could be better, but it's not bad. Refresh after about 3-4 hours. I'm a bit surprised, since the notes are fairly different, but Guess actually reminds me a lot of Nicole by Nicole Ritchie. I wear it layered over her lotion and it stays a bit better.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I'm amazed at all the positive reviews for this perfume but it just goes to show how different people, and their tastes, are!

I blind bought a bottle of Guess by Marciano a few days ago and was excited to receive it after thinking about potentially blind buying it for awhile. My excitement at getting it though quickly disappeared once I spritzed it onto my wrist. Like countless other similar perfumes that saturate the market nowadays, it's VERY sweet, to the point of being super sickly, and cloying. It actually turned my stomach slightly but I stuck it out in the hopes that it would morph into something much better. Well, it kind of did improve slightly after the initial blast, and about 20 minutes of having it on my wrist, but it still didn't exactly blow me away! Then, amazingly, after about an hour or so it virtually evaporated and I couldn't smell a single thing!

So, my experience of this perfume is a bit of a flop to say the least. The only good thing about it for me is the packaging ... the bottle is nice and it comes very nicely packaged in its box and little draw string pouch, BUT the perfume itself lets all that down in my opinion (as does the other Guess perfume I blind bought a couple of years ago - the one in the silver bottle).

I see that someone has compared this to Prada Candy and I agree to some degree. Both are sticky sweet, generic and kind of predictable / boring (and Prada Candy is WAAAY too expensive for what it is!). I have Hard Candy which in some ways is like Prada Candy only much better and much cheaper! So, there's also a similarity to Hard Candy but, again, I much prefer Hard Candy to Guess by Marciano as it's far less sickly, fresher (thanks to the rhubarb!), sexier and longer lasting.

Personally, I don't think Guess by Marciano is sexy at all. To me it's just sickly and very forgettable and I really doubt I'd bowl any man over wearing this! Having said that, I may give it another go if I'm brave enough to withstand the nauseatingly sweet opening so I may update this review in a day or two!

In the meantime this gets a 1 out of 5 from me!

UPDATE: Well, after trying this out a couple more times it's begun to grow on me for some reason and seemed to smell better the second and third time around. So, now I think in some ways it's quite likeable but still, it's not dissimilar to many other sweet. fruity perfumes out there so is hardly a standout. It's just quite nice if you like that kind of thing and the bottle and packaging are nice.

NicoleO
NicoleO

I quite like the drydown of this, as it's mainly vanilla. Can't stand the top notes though, they give me a headache the moment I spray this on. So not worth the wait unfortunately.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Quick whiff of pineapple (of all things--must be the curacao?), then this incense note (also not listed, must be my imagination) combined with cinnamon (the cardamom?) and vanilla.

At first, I thought I might not like it--whatever was giving an incense note was too strong. Then, the spicy sweetness took over. Marciano reminds me of a combination of Nanette by Nanette Lepore and L de Lolita Lempicka...I know, a bizarre combination, but I smell this smoky incense (like Nanette) and this sweet, spicy vanilla (cinnamon-citrus-floral like Lolita). It smells like a hot-date-night scent, heady and a bit exotic. Strong drinks and lots of flirting are in order for this scent!

It's the heat of summer here in Texas, and this isn't out of place; I think it might be a bit better suited for winter, but it seems flexible. Sillage is moderate to strong, longevity as yet unproven.

I'm surprised to find so many people recommending Guess by Marciano for the cooler months. To my nose, this is more of a beachy scent, with the vanilla note often resembling sweet coconut milk.

To be fair, I suppose you could wear it all year round, but I still prefer it during Summer. It has a somewhat tropical vibe, especially in regards to the star fruit and Curacao opening. It's quite a pleasant fragrance, a lot better than I expected it to be.

The drydown is by far the most appealing to my nose, with a smooth, slightly sweet blend of vanilla, musk, cardamom and white woods. I'm also pleased to say that the longevity is quite good, lasting at least six hours on my skin.

I don't mind Guess fragrances, however I'd never pay full price to own one. Do your research and find a discount store that stocks them. I don't know about other countries, but Australia sells this fragrance and Guess for Women for a reasonable price in some discount chemists.

glow_rainbow
glow_rainbow

I bought this perfume this morning.
It's really vanilla favor and I love it.
And I just figure out that the fragrance is like Madagascan Vanilla Thebodyshop

thejasmine13
thejasmine13

I LOVE this! I got a sample in a goodie bag and fell in love with it. I will definitely be buying some more as I finished it months ago and have been thinking about it since. It's very warm, deep, sweet but not in a sugary way. I enjoyed having the scent around me and it was very heavy and enveloping (in a good way)and lasted hours.

RGR
RGR

The first time I smelled this I ran away thinking I was being ambushed by the ladies in the department store. I refused all of the sprays headed in my direction.
The next time I encountered Guess it was rather different. The first thing that went through my mind was DEAR LORD this is strong!

Ladies and gents prepare for the POW!
This is strong, heady, sensual and fabulous.You have to experience this to understand this. Its strength is like a huge tidal wave ..... only residing to reveal a golden, musky, spicy, never-ending heaven.This stuff can give you a tooth ache if you're not used to sweet perfumes! You can put it on and its like "look at me", wake up, smack everyones faces because I can spiced vanilla. If you have the skin for it this will smell like a fruity, spice and caramel candy.If you don't then I am sorry to inform you will die smothered by persistent citrus hell and spice.

Now, unlike many other critiques, I completely understand the bottle. This is sexy, scorching hot and spiced vanilla being adorned by peekaboo flowers (jasmine). Its like high-heeled tanned legs wearing subtle fishnet stockings. This perfume lures people, demands attention and is definitely a compliment magnet.
I love this because amongst the hoards of perfume I own this is the one that doesn't quit, it doesn't budge, it will not give up on you even when you have worn it all day long. I can go to sleep and still smell it on my pillow the next day. LOVE it!

barbie_18
barbie_18

OMG plz believe when I say this scent is too sweet, very overpower and extremely headache inducing. There is no kick to this scent but a pool of florals and the vanilla is just pushing it...no exaggerations over here

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Boozy, citrus, spicy opening that borders on unpleasant for the first hour, then blossoms into a sexy, warm & very present caramel blanket. I really like this one. It's well made by comparison to more recent caramel gouramonds that are equally yummy but sadly gone in sixty seconds (cough, cough, *Prada Candy* cough). The silage and longevity is impressive considering how cheap it is. I've noticed that other sites list dulce de leche which is a form of caramel as a note, but oddly enough It's not listed here..

poivrerose
poivrerose

I'm actually surprised that no one has really mentioned how musky this scent is! There is a really heady sensual white musk note. At first I get major amounts of musky white florals, star fruit, and curacao. I honestly don't like the way this opens up. The fruit essence just doesn't have enough bite. It needs a brigther citrus note - kind of wishing the grapefruit note was detectable. I'm really hoping it does not stay this way. I love the musk element, but I'm hoping for that vanilla drydown almost everyone else is getting. The top notes are lasting way too long on my skin. It takes an hour or so for this to begin its drydown. The heady musky white floral notes become more apparent as the fruits and alcohol begin to fade. I like it at this phase as it has a very sensual jasmine quality. The vanilla and honeysuckle are trickling in about 5 hours later giving it a Juicy Couture vibe. It is thinning out. I was hoping for a nice rich vanilla citrus here. But I'm getting mostly musk jasmine. I know there's always the element of skin chemistry, but I just thought I'd add a contrasting review. I do not like the opening of this one. There is nothing pretty about it. But I do enjoy the drydown. Heady musky white floral - a hint of sweetness - mostly from flowers and not vanilla. Unfortunately for my skin it is not gourmand. It really projects and lasts!

deekay
deekay

ill always love this perfume...
i feel like its underated.
on me, its not SO much of a vanilla. its just perfectly fresh and sweet, these notes work so well together. on my skin it lasts a very long time considering the price, i feel like its almost a steal.
its such yummy juice its one fragrance i own that actually gets the most compliments.
i dont think this has an appropriate age, its just really pretty, and i honestly do feel sexy wearing this one. any time of year!

mihaela01
mihaela01

Very nice and very inexpensive for the way it smells.It s rich ,vanilla and a slight of citrus.On me it lasts about 6h.

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

Really love this scent, vanilla is my favorite! Lasting in 6 hour.

Amalmarri
Amalmarri

i bought a FB of this beauty after test it in a perfume store .its feminine seductive lasts for days . i finished 100 ml bottle and will get new bottle soon.and yes i get lots of complments when using it

londonhermit
londonhermit

It was difficult to decide whether or not I like this scent. I wore in the winter then in the warmer spring months. The opening for me is the curacao and cardamom which made it warm. The dry down had a sweaty smell with something warm mixed in. The components don't work on my skin.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I recently bought this blind off eBay and I must say I am so loving it! I can't believe it has taken me so long to try the Guess perfumes. I have often walked right past them without a thought. This smells delicious! At first I get a blast of curacao with some slight citrus undertones and then it turns warm, caramely, with a vanilla slightly powdery dry down. It lasts an eternity too. I am officially obsessed! I am a sucker for any type of gourmand (even though this is considered a fruity floral) It smells more gourmand to me and this hits all of the yummy things I love about delicious gourmands!

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I just blind bought this at T.J Maxx for $15.00 (after reading reviews here first of course!)I don't think I'm getting any of the citrus which is good because I don't like grapefruit or lemony smells, but I do like orange. I'll agree this settles in a caramely and musky scent, and it's a little boozy and a tad spicy. It's very pretty! To me, this isn't a 20 year old sex kitten scent, this smells like a rich lady in her 40's. I think this is what the Kim Catrall character in Sex and the City would smell like. Also something about this reminds me of being on a cruise ship but I don't know why. I've only had it on for about an hour now and I like the way I feel in it. I feel very classy and sophisticated lol. I don't know if this is overpowering because I don't have a sensitive nose but since I can smell it pretty well on myself I'd wager to bet others can smell it a mile away.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Wow this perfume is addictive!

The first spray was very strong and boozy but thankfully it settled to a deep sultry caramel/coffee and powdery vanilla scent. I have never smelt such a rich spicy and caramel perfume! I get no citrus or curacao.

I personally do not think this is that sweet. It lasted about 6 hours on my skin & has moderate sillage.

Overall, I feel this perfume would be perfect to wear on a late night date with your partner. Sexy, spicy and intriguing. I highly recommend to fans of rich spicy caramel fragrances!

truffles
truffles

I get alcohol at first, then CAPPUCINO (?). Hangover in a bottle :)?! The cappucino then turns caramelly and that's it on me, no orange at all.
Too gourmandy for me so will be putting it up for swap within UK, bottle unwrapped from cellophane today.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

I smelled this from a magazine.I rushed right away to the Guess in the mall and bought the full sized bottle. Guess by marciano quickly became my second signature scent, this perfume is wonderful, it actually helped me to really be able to relax through some frustrating troubled times. Out of all perfumes i own Guess By Marciano Perfume performance is over the top smelling like Smoky Sweet Vanilla and Florals with excellent longevity with no trace of gagging chemical smell!

ageless
ageless

Yum! This perfume screams "Eat me!" The most delicious, warm vanilla!
I'm not a fan of sweet vanilla scents, so after trying in on I left the shop with a definite decision to never buy it, but to my greatest surprise about half an hour later, vanilla lightened up and voila! A new love is revealed! It deepens and unfolds with time, gives more space to cardamon and citrus. Very sensual. In my opinion it suites best the fall/ winter season. A nightime scent.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one was worn a lot by the late Anna Nicole smith. This smells a lot like prada candy. Prada candy has a lot of iris in it that keeps it soft powdery and mature. Guess by marciano has star fruit in it which makes it sweet and fun. The biggest difference to me is a woman might wear prada candy for herself. Anyone squirting guess by marciano is looking for a man. This is a relaxed bombshell of a perfume. One to wear with jeans and its amazing on a summer night. I get drunk off the notes in the summer. Amazing. This is not particularly refined but its sexy and really approachable. Don't spray too much.

Beyou T
Beyou T

This one def grew on me. I bought it, tried it on then decided I didn't like it and took it back... but all day afterward, I couldn't get it off my mind, especially at the end of the day when it dried and started to wear off. The dry down was this alluring, soft sexy (as opposed to the scent that seemed to ooze sex when I first applied)and silky musky mix of an almost caramel scent and vanilla. Yum! I went back the next day to buy it back, no questions asked!! It's my new, date- night sexy perfume!

ttrappe
ttrappe

This is a good go to everyday scent. It's clean and agreeable. It's a good, afforable perfume.

stardust808
stardust808

gasp!! i see so many lucky ladies have found this for $20 when i paid full price!! oh well..LOLZ =)) anyway, i love this scent ...warm, almost golden (perfect packaging for this one) juiciness to this scent...this is one of the few scents that i have a hard time putting into words but all i know is that i adore it...it's not earthy, woodsy, or spicy (all notes that i fancy)...not candy shop sweet to me (which i love also as i am a woman of extremes!) like so many say but gives a glazed kinda feel as crazy as that sounds...this scent would work well layered with ellen by ellen tracy to add a touch of soft, warm spice or escada magnetism to really indulge in syrupy richness if that's your thing or let it stand on it's own 'cuz it's just so damn pretty without any help from its fragrance friends! i put this on when i'm alone after a bath just so i can sniff it and bask in it's beauty

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

Pure caramel with a hint of cinnamon on me... i like it for the holiday season but then it goes back to the furthest back of my shelf ...

Guest_Anja_Karenina
Guest_Anja_Karenina

I got this one on sale for $20. What a deal for a 100 ml EDP!!!

This scent is very sweet and heavy but I don't regret buying it because it is a nice change when you want alternate it with DIOR'S HYPNOTIC POISON. Even in cold weather I find this way too heavy so I guess you just have to use 2 sprays max; frankly, I find this way heavier than THIERRY MUGLER'S ANGEL since I wear 4 sprays of the latter when I do wear it.

This is a gourmand scent as others described and it is so lovely and warm. I haven't smelled anything like it before. When I wear it, I feel like an innocent girl with a naughty secret lol. I know that this sounds so cheesy but there is SOMETHING about this perfume that makes me feel this way. True, I can see how others cant this one as being kiddy because of its vanillic sweetness and gourmand qualities, but really there is something more to this one. It's enchanting.

Siniorita
Siniorita

Creamy Vanilla accompanied with orange fragrance.. In my opinion, it's more suitable for cold weather as it will add that Sexy Warm feeling to your mood... In hot weather it feels too heavy to my nose..

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

To me this has a very buttery smell with a mix of vanilla and soft musk. i ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!

cinema1974

Perfect for fall it is a vanilla and a deep woody musk scent... it has a sweet tone...this was perfect for me since it has a similar lightness of Lu lu guinnes perfume I own...It last about 5 hour max. I think it sweet after tones makes it well balanced. This one is way better than guess Gold becasue it does not have that heavy madem Raz velvet hag scent.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I agree with imktwca that the strongest notes in this are citrus, musk, and jasmine. That is the main thing I smell. I think because vanilla is such a prominent note in the votes here, I was expecting a very sweet, bakery scent. This is not that at all. I would not really call this a sweet fragrance--more of a musky floral with an underpinning of vanilla and spice. It has great longevity and projection, it just wasn't what I was looking for.

amberdk621
amberdk621

This fragrance is amazing and I have never regretted paying full price in Macy's for a gift set. It is heavenly and I really can never wear too much! It is perfect for the colder months, doesn't really seem like it would be as good in the heat, so I don't even try it. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it, tons!! So I think I will pull it back out when it turns cold again. I don't care if some say its like Kim Kardashian or Britney Spears, they probably imitated this one and I wouldn't care to ever purchase their fragrances anyhow. Capitalizing on popularity.
I Love Guess by Marciano and I can't imagine ever not loving it in the future.
Oh, and it reminds me of marshmallows. Warm, gooey, sugary, a little vanilla I guess, just yummy!

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

Got a sample of this. It took me a while to figure out why it smelled so familiar... and then today I finally figured out who this smells like... Like Kim Kardashian Gold. Very similar to each other. And when I look at the notes, the only notes that are the same are the citrus, musk, and Jasmine. But then, I think that is what I detect the most in each of these. At any rate, since I already own Gold, I'll pass on buying a bottle of this. The price points are similar. Not like Beyonce Pulse at all. That is a fruity concoction. This is not a sweet fruity.

Warm, creamy, slight citrusy, just like KK Gold.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Yummy, casual, great price at Overstock about 20.00. This can be worn by all ages. Not a sillage monster and it maybe lasts on the skin 4 hours, 8 on clothes. Honestly, I love the notes in this perfume but they are nothing remarkable. All I smell is vanilla. I wear it church it is so light so as not to be offensive.

evacecilias
evacecilias

I have had this for a while, got it as an extra in a multiple swap. But I am not really in to vanilla cupcake bakery round the corners dreamworld...up till now...
cause the strong. sweet orange curacoa is sooo nice mixed with the cardamon and grapefruit.
The middle note of honey suckle keeps it sweet and then takes the kuddly. vanilla soft and shy, over.
the flowers doesn't really take a part in this fluffy sweet and boozy scent.
During the heart I get vibes making me remember a time a while ago when I owned and loved Fantasy, the peanut note I always sensed also showed up here. I might use this a little more often, due to the sex appeal statement you'll be making while wearing it.... ;-)
This is also a sister twin to Pi by Givenchy ,even though the notes does'nt matchIt is a resemblence, like the first perfume it reminded me of from my own collection. I like this better !

miss mills
miss mills

Seeeexy!!! A warm, casual sex bomb smell - a bed hair & jeans kind of girl would wear this (imho!)- it's very vanillary - too fruity sweet for me probably (I'll give it another try though) but really luscious to get a whiff of on other people. I would've thought it were almost a vanilla oriental tho?

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled it once before and thought it was right up my valley-sweet and heady. My nose must have been clogged up that day because I just picked up a bottle at TJ Maxx for under $20 but to my dissapointment its nothing like what I expected. This is woodsy sheer oriental which is not favorite category. If you like Mariah Carey M and Provocative Woman by Arden, you will probably like this. Guess is slightly heavier and sweeter than the other two but its not sweet enough for me(and it doesn't last past 1 hours either). Starfruit, Curacao? Sorry, not getting any of these notes except the bottom ones.To each one their own, but this is not for me.

batmats
batmats

I was really quite iffy about Guess by Marciano at first. I came across it by suggestion, while looking for a perfume that had a nice, spicey warm scent. I found that on my skin, it was initially very harsh-- but I really wanted it to work, because once that died down, it was such a cozy, warm smell.

After a couple of weeks of smelling it on and off, it won me over. The scent definitely doesnt smell the same sprayed on my neck, as it had on my wrist, which is odd. I wouldn't complain, however, as since giving this perfume a chance, I've been extremely happy with it. It's very nice, it lasts quite well and it settles into a gentle, spicey vanilla. Definitely a favourite.

8.5/10

doku
doku

on me it's quite floral, I can smell curacao and vanilla mostly, it stays long on my skin. I preffer to wear it during the day, and not particularly hot one. it smells best during a rainy day, or when it is a bit cooler outside. but all in all I preffer other scents by Guess. it was my favorite scent couple of years ago, but now I preffer completely other type of perfume :) it still remains part of my perfume collection, but I do not use it very often. bought it once for my mum, and I must say that it smells good on both older and younger women :)
definitely good for day at work, no one ever complained that it is too strong.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Smelled this on my SIL and love getting a whif of it every now and then when she passes by. The curacao is sweet and vanillic but mixed with something citrusy. I feel sexy when I wear this. Very strong sillage so only one spray between the breastbone so I get to enjoy it all day without offending anyone in the office. For the weekends, I spray on the underside of my hair. On me, it lasts about 8-9 hours. A quick spray has sillage of about 4 feet.

Update: I went to a BBQ and was hugging people goodbye. One remarked that I smelled good (sprayed on nape of neck; been about 6hrs). Another time, my husband buried his nose on my neck and said the same thing. I now have about 7 bottles.

On me,
Sillage: about 4 feet plus a trail
Longevity: sometimes as long as 8 hours

damewolf13
damewolf13

On my skin the orange curacao is pretty strong at first, but then I start noticing the cardamom, vanilla, honeysuckle, and jasmine. These notes blend together to become a rich multi-faceted fragrance experience that will get you head turning looks for hours to come. It has a very unique scent like no other perfume. If you like a strong scent that stays with you all day, this is your scent!

Flamenca18
Flamenca18

This scent gives off a sexy vibe. The vanilla seems to leave a lasting impression while the warmer notes give it a bit of edge.

Sillo
Sillo

Lovely perfume that can be worn in the winter, but is alright in the summer/fall. I don't understand the connection to CH Sexy, because that perfume is an overload of musk with bombs of vanilla and bergamot. I love this when I want something sexy but not overtly in your face. It is not a "memorable" perfume but lovely nonetheless.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I like the opening of this perfume because I can smell the cardamom and curacao, but it all too quickly settles into a boring fruity vanilla. If you already have Fancy (I do) you don't need this.

shamfa
shamfa

tend to get a love hate relationship with this fragrance... i love it but i tend to wonder if it is too sweet or too strong ... sometimes i worry that it may offend people because of how strong it is... has anybody else had that feeling? Overall it is a great fragrance, days later when i go to do my laundry i could still smell the sweet scent on my clothing .. its just great

Elodia
Elodia

I bought the fragrance from my local Marshall's after noticing it there and reading some of the reviews on this site afterwards. Somewhat of a blind buy, but not the one I regret.

To me, this fragrance seems to be predominantly vanilla, supported by white florals and a hint of spiciness. If you like sweet smells, this fragrance is definitely for you.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, the opening can be quite intense. In my experience, I am almost always hit with an overwhelming, caramel-like sweetness, which lasts for a few minutes before it evolves into a warm vanilla scent. While the change makes the fragrance not as overwhelming, the scent continues to be rather strong; as such, I tend to limit myself to 2 sprays at most. The longer I wear it, however, the more the fragrance appears to mellow out, becoming more floral and warm spicy while never losing that vanilla note.

I could definitely classify this as a Fall fragrance; it's very warm and cozy, making it perfect for those evenings where you just want to snuggle with your significant other.

In my experience, this fragrance has very good longevity and pretty good sillage. The projection is not too big, but the strength of the fragrance makes up for it. Will definitely buy again.

beatrix75
beatrix75

i never tried this frag but nowdays i sad ok i buy "blind"buy and yes its so fabulous remarkable sweet feminine creamy vanilla smell .Very pleased.

monamonib
monamonib

ialso tried this perfume but the only thing ismelled and stuck to my nose only vanilla nothing else and strong note that icouldnt smell any other perfume in the sameday so isearch if that perfume go under oriental vanilla group or no

MalinSch
MalinSch

Sweet but without giving me a headache. Vanilla, yes, but the first, a bit overwhealming, scent settles quite quickly. Yummy Caramel... Reminds me a bit of Angel, but not as heavy. I would wear it in evenings (maybe daytime on colder days but not on a hot summersday, it is not fresh enough), perhaps on a date, but don't overdo it! Just a little in the neck is more than enough. You want to smell invitning, cuddly, sweet, romantic and warm. And that it does, I think. Agewise I would say 20-40?
I picture sunset, warm ocean breeze, barbecue, open fire, a bohemic ethereal summer dress, naked feet in the sand, good friends and your special someone, yes, something like that :)
Oh yes, and since skin/colour matters when talking scents: I am brown haired, with olivish skin.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

IMMEDIATELY when I smelt this I remembered 212 sexy !!
Just reduce the sweetness little bit & add some cardamom :)

I prefer 212 sexy !

Necabel
Necabel

Coincido con las opiniones de otros usuarios en que no me acaba de encajar el perfume con el envase. Un frasco más cosmopolita y un licor azulado como el curaçao que tanto predomina en esta fragancia, habría sido más acertado, a mi parecer. Por lo demás, el perfume me gusta: es desenfadado y con un toque seductor a la vez, espontáneo, dulce y con carácter optimista.

***

I agree with the opinions of others that I do not quite fit the perfume with the package. One bottle more cosmopolitan and a liqueur blue curacao as both dominant in this fragrance, it would have been more successful, in my opinion. Moreover, the perfume I like: it is casual and seductive with a touch at once, spontaneous, sweet and optimistic character.

Jess1fireflight
Jess1fireflight

this is a very seductive fragrance. Definitely a night scent. the first spritz is really strong and leaves a statement. My boyfriend has commented on this one. In the middle of the day he said "You smell like orange." and in the night he says. "You smell like candy." So the scent transforms during the day. I love it :)

Miertje87
Miertje87

This was an blind buy for me, based on the reviews on this site and I must say I`m very happy I bought it! It's a very nice, warm scent. Perfect for winter if you ask me.
I especially like the drydown when the vanilla and caramel appears.
I definetely recommend it to anyone looking for a warm, spicy scent that isn't too expensive.

Hayven
Hayven

I feel like the bottle doesn't match the scent. It ought to be electric blue because the initial spray can be a shocker.

The first note I notice is the curacao; it feels like I took a UV Blue jello shot to the nose. It's sharp and reminds me ever so slightly of Britney Spears Fantasy, but that goes away after 15 minutes. I cannot detect this mystery caramel note others were talking about.

In the dry-down, the flowers and vanilla powder come out. Longevity is about 3-4 hours on me, and people do notice me wearing it. It is soft yet strong, if that makes any sense. To me, this is not a perfume you can wear every day. It's sexy; you want to wear it when you're going out with the girls in your CFM shoes (look up the definition on urbandictionary) or with your significant other dressed to the nines and expect to get frisky when you get home.

marydoan90
marydoan90

I had a small sample vial of this once, and I absolutely LOVED it. (There's so much accolade for this perfume already, but I just had to add my own)

Sadly, however, my mom lost my vial and I was disheartened when I realized it was gone.
When I had this perfume, it was at the start of my love of perfumes (I never took a liking to perfume until I was about 19-20 years old), so I didn't know much about perfumes, but I did know that I freaking loved this scent.

I never thought of Guess by Marciano as being gourmand, but I just remember that I couldn't get enough of it.
It smelled so warm and sweet, sensual and romantic.

I'm generally a very shy and reserved person, but this perfume just made me feel confident and sexy.
This scent is very memorable.

I always thought it was odd for me to think of a perfume as pure sexiness, but after reading other reviews, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so!

To my nose, GUESS is a pretty standard and straightforward sweet floriental of average quality. People are comparing this to a cocktail, but it would have to be a Shirley Temple, it seems to me, because the dominant note is really sugar syrup. Everything else is really soaked in syrup.

At the same time, the sweetness seems rather thin to me, not thick and voluptuous. So it's actually more like sugar water than syrup. Or perhaps a better metaphor would be a Splenda sweetened solution, since it is really too sweet and artificial to be enjoyed by me.

I see that many reviewers like GUESS, but I side with Jillzilla in the minority in this case. This perfume becomes tired and tedious much too soon. I could never use a full bottle, and even if I had one, I probably would not wear it. Could be a skin chemistry issue, but in the end it does not matter. Not for me.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

This fragrance is really nice, smells gorgeous and sexy and clean but it doesnt last on my skin after 2hours its gone. Luckily the price is right so its ok to reapply.

Nanc
Nanc

Very few perfumes with citrus make my list but I’ve noticed when they do I absolutely love them, and this is definitely one of them. Gorgeous floral, vanilla/caramel and citrus mix that I simply cannot get enough of.

fath1ma
fath1ma

I was thinking it similar with Hidden Fantasy, but lighter.., but drydown is woody while Hidden is fruity. The more I like it day by day every time I sniff myself.. Sweet but not too thick, I call it BALANCE even peoples around me not really noticing this scent in 2 metres from me. And the most I love is the price is so friendly in my country... ;D
My confession, the vanilla in this scent kind of...common, boring. Fine or better in a colder temp.

ika_chika
ika_chika

this parfume smell so pleasant.. Mix of fruity fresh and sweet vanilla.. I like it
:D

Talia
Talia

I am surprised this is not a very old one – since 2007. Yesterday I sprayed it on my wrist and I recognized a hated fragrance – over sweet, heavy, cheep and old in a compromising way. It made me really nervous on my trip home. I felt this stink very strong and had feeling everybody around could felt it.

scentsohigh
scentsohigh

This perfume have a very strong and thick smell of honey at first or maybe liquor?it does smell sweet but after that the sweetness fade away and the scent of wood arises. it's kinda sexy but i'd love it better if the wooden smell is not too strong or spicy.Best use it at night.

Ligaso
Ligaso

This is a guilty pleasure scent for me. Why? Because I hate to admit that I love the smell even though I know there is a cheapness factor to it. I don't know enough chemistry to intelligently substantiate my claim, but this is a Kia as compared to, say, Bvlgari's Lexus or Patou's Rolls Royce. And it's not just a price differential. Can anyone explain what element of this pretty, sexy fragrance scream "headed for KMart" (if indeed such a thing as Kmart exists anymore)? Thanks!

Norgirl
Norgirl

a nice spicy vanilla. fruty fresh, warm and cosy.
not like any other stuff i have had , but the staying power...well well do i have to say more.. i had to respray all the time to smell it properly. disapointed..
But a lovely smel when it last:)

tfaye706
tfaye706

Sexy scent when it dries down you can surely smell the amber vanilla musk and a mix of plum with this, also the curacao is definitely a player. This is a great winter perfume very cozy and sexy your man would definitely want to snuggle up to your neck. lasting power is great but I had a chance to smell another perfume that smells just like this Mirada by Avon its cheaper sister they both smell the same . So I purchased a bottle !!!! couldnt resist its twin sister...Gourmand but a light version this is a keeper!!!

SheShe
SheShe

Finally I got a sample of Guess by Marciano. I've been thinking about testing it for a long time but curacao frightened me off a bit - unnecessarily.

The scent starts very sweet, actually too sweet for my likes but fortunately head notes quickly set down, ten minutes and the scent becomes less sweet, still sweet though. I must say curacao with cardamom are great here :) I can't detect much flowers, vanilla, musk are here but they are dominated by curacao and cardamom. I won't tell about a drydown because it hasn't come yet (I'll write more later) but I have to admit I'm impressed because the scent is very sexy - actually it's something between oriental and gourmand. I can see a woman who likes sex when I sniff the fragrance :) and somebody before said it right, it's the fragrance that won't let your man forget about you and your sexiness, it leaves a trace everywhere. It's cosy and thick, suitable for day and night, a bit similar to Extraordinary by Avon but Extraordinary is less gourmand and somehow more mature.

I'm back... staying power is weak, unfortunately... only 3 hours of strong smell... it's a shame for such a fragrance that is pure, shameless sex :D

Edit: I love using it - I don't know why but it had better lasting power on me lately... it has a great curacao-musky drydown.

Edit 2: actually I can say it: I love it :)The base notes smell long.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This perfume smells VERY similar to Britney Spears Fantasy. The same kind of peppery (and a bit sour) vanilla.

Not at all what I had expected after reading all reviews... were hoping for a creamy smooth caramel/vanilla.

Well, the search goes on.

[email protected]
qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id

similar with ;
1. 212 Sexy women
2. guess seductive women (light)
3. 212 Vip Women (light)
4. CH Carolina Herrera (strong)

ritacatita
ritacatita

Lovely sweet caramel/licorice notes which starts strong and becomes a discrete base for the fruits and the flowers, combined with warm & spicy woody notes.
Sweet, warm and litle spicy

buffy_fan16
buffy_fan16

This one reminds me of tanning oil...I don't wear it as often these days...but I've kept it around for when I want to feel like I'm at the beach hee hee. Definetly have to be careful how much of this you spray on. I've smelled it on other people who have applied too much and it is nauseating.

Sigadis22
Sigadis22

Very warm and sweet scent.The base note of vanilla is long lasting..I can still smell it till night. I really enjoy wearing it coz it make me more confident and sexy.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

This is the grown up version of Jessica Simpson´s Fancy. I think that they are in the same family, typ.
I have Fancy and I feel that i have stoped like it, so when i smelt this, i felt that this is the step after Fancy, still vanilla caramell cozynes :)

This smells like chocolate on me, although its not in the notes, and I can also smell the vanilla and orange liqueur. It's a true gourmand. After settling a bit, there are some florals and woods that are noticeable but the vanilla and orange liqueur prevail. The drydown is sweet and spicy and smells delicious.

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

Being a male, I was convinced into buying it because it smelled good to me, but ended up selling it to my cousin because I wasn't confident in wearing this fragrance intended for Females.

My other cousin think she smells like an old lady when she wears it.

I like it on her though!

SandraV
SandraV

I love this-warm orange,vanilla and caramel yet it doesn't smell overbearing at all-in fact my only complaint is that it disappears on me pretty quickly.I think this will be perfect for the cooler weather but wow is it good!

Whit
Whit

Exquisite!

Edit: Ok, so having a one word description of this perfume really doesn't do it justice. First of all, it is a fall/winter scent. Secondly, it smells like warm vanilla/cinnamon but it's not overbearingly sweet. If you like L by Lolita Lempicka's dry down, then you would like this. The dry down is so warm and cozy but sexy too. It's spicy, but not too much. Overall, just the right blend of spices and sweets. I adore this frag and I'm am currently out at the moment, but I won't repurchase until the cooler months get here. A very heavenly scent! If you haven't tried it, please do, even if you're not a fan of Guess. It smells different from so many other frags out there.

annisa_ayunindya
annisa_ayunindya

love it love it love it...the mixture of citrus, and then a bit of jasmine and of course sweet vanilla with a bit musk lingering on me whenever i wear it. Long lasting too...great perfume for clubbing ^^

pink_butterfly
pink_butterfly

luv this perfume..sweet & have chemist wif me ;)

takeasniff
takeasniff

There is not much more I can add to these reviews but this to me is a grown ups gourmand. A women can wear this without smelling like a little girl. It is obvious it is gourmand to anyone who smells it on you but it can be carried off quite easily without embarassment.

candy 1
candy 1

its like britney spears fantasy ..... very light perfume its not woow at all like all Guess perfumes

maltatude
maltatude

After smelling this I can definately see why this has been compared to 212 Sexy by previous reviewers. It's a softer version, lacking that spicy musky heart but has all the sweet, gourmand pieces and the opening is the same.

On me there's this weird synthetic note in the heart, I think this could be wearable and preferable for many as 212 can be a bit strong. But this is not for me, I can't get past the synthetic, almost plastic like note lingering there...

EDIT: I think I sampled an old bottle because when I retried it last week, there was no plastic note. This doesn't have amazing longevity but good enough.

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

one of my new favorites. had actually gone to a department store and sprayed this on my wrist. i walked around for a while and realized that i loved it. when i went back to purchase this perfume it was gone. i had to order it online. i am glad i did. love this smell. it is sweet but with just enough spice to not be overly sweet. i was in a gas station the other day and this random man walked up to me and said i smell "delicious". cant go wrong with that.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I picked up a bottle of this at Marshall's for $20 after reading reviews. It smelled bitter at first spray, then dried down to something I could barely smell. So I guess that means the lasting power is horrible. My husband did not like it at all. I don't get where people think this is sexy.

remas2008
remas2008

i wear this perfume before 4 days and my friend tell me the smell is very nice sooooo sexy

raintree
raintree

Ihave found this wonderful scent by accident. I was looking for new frangrance that No souy at all. Salesperso introduced this Marciano to me. OMG, it's sweet, warm, creamy vallila and tint with Curacao. So sexy & delicious. Staying power even so Great.
I love love love this triangle bottle, particularly on rainy day. :)

kay_dee
kay_dee

sweet .. dries to a bit of vanilla .... luv it

worood-mohamedia
worood-mohamedia

a unique fragrance for a special woman.LOVE IT.

Mai Thy
Mai Thy

Its stunning. Very sexy and unique! Smells like orange wine with a touch of caramel and chocolate, sweet yet deep. The lasting power is pretty poor for an edp, just about 4 hrs. Im wondering why my bottle doesnt come with the yellow bag??

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

Comforting, lovely and delicious, GUESS BY MARCIANO is like a stylish and yummy gourmand drink served in a fancy cocktail glass. This fragrance is easy and fun to wear. It smells alluring, feminine and attractive. The juice is definitely gourmand sweet but the composition is elegant and balanced enough not to go into the sugar overload. The scent is versatile and can be worn to work as well as to a party.
I like the choice of grapefruit in the opening. It adds freshness and zest but it is not sharp. In this fragrance it is spiced up by cardamom and mixed with liquor notes of Blue Curacao. The combination works quite well together and unlike many other scents with boozy note that turn out cheap, this one smells quite delicious and chic. On my skin the heart notes reveal beautiful peony and jasmine scent mixed with vanilla. The dry down is subtle and lovely woody musk. The scent stayed close to the skin on the dry down but it lasted for at least 7 hours.

There are many gourmand scents to choose from. What I like about GUESS BY MARCIANO is that it is not sickly sugary sweet. If you like gourmand scents, this could be a nice daytime scent when you do not wish to be overloaded by strong and sweet scents but still want a nice gourmand feel.

JKNummy
JKNummy

So i bought a small smaple of this. OMG!!! my second Guess love. :) I love the Guess for women and now this one. Sweet smell to it but the vanilla and musk is what I can mostly smell. Its still a good perfume. I'll go thru my sample before deciding if i want a full size.

Linds
Linds

I looooove this scent! I bought it without smelling it and was anxiously waiting whether I'd like it or not, but it just happened to be that it's absolutely to die for! Like previously stated, Guess By Marciano is a very feminine, sexy scent. After spritzing this on me the scent was so good that I kept on smelling myself! The scent gradually turns into a darker, more sultry one! Great for cold seasons!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i love this cute little fragrance very mutch. the curacao aroma with bold peony and sweet jasmin is unusual and intriguing, honey/vanilla drydown is fantastic, a very delicious and well balanced fragrance.

the lasting power is decent, sillage average on me. after some hours it's still detectable by sniffing very close to the skin.
wish it could be a little bit stronger.
... but i love it anyway! so nice and cuddly perfume in a very nice bottle! <3

Juma
Juma

At start it's like a lot of scents, unremarkable, just nice smell in start and base, IMO.
But dry-down is awful on my skin, some iron and something rubbery...
A big NO to me!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Oh how I would LOVE thee....

If only your Christmas fruitcake opening & heart would carry me, even subtly, through to your drydown. Unfortunately you left me with burnt orange peels and heavy clove smelling spice.

You turned very masculine on me at the end, much like Avon Extraordinary. Bummer! I so wanted to loved you.

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

I smelled the bottle, and it smelled gourmand and warm and slightly spicy. Smelled like something I'd love. Unfortunately, when i sprayed it onto my skin it turned very strange. It was no longer sweet, it smelled like iron. Disappointed.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

The first time I sniffed this, it hit me right away: 212 sexy! They are so similar! Carolina Herreras perfume is just more spicy/peppery.
Warm and sweet, almost overly sweet, flowers and dessert kind of scent.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Smells like Brittney Spears fantasy minus the kiwi note. Gives you a toothache just by smelling it :)Good winter scent if you like warm melted caramel and vanilla. The dry down is to die for.

yaya5
yaya5

If you like caramely/vanilla-y scents this would a very nice contendor :) It is not at all fruity, its more gourmand/oriental (it has a slight spicieness). Like all vanilla based scents it just drys down to a monotone vinilla...

guest_Lolita
guest_Lolita

this is a totaly must for fall.
This is sexy, elegant and girly perfume.

My favorite

iset
iset

I absolutly love this fragrance. It smells alot like guess gold.

alexanna7
alexanna7

i love woody,vanilla scent!i get the orange liquor, the woods, the vanilla scent ,the spices.love that perfume for the autumn!

TankGirl
TankGirl

The lasting power of this perfume is a total joke, i putted it an 10am, now are 1pm and its gone! its sad because it smells nice, warm and sweet.
Anyway, the smell is nice, in my skin I only get the coracao note from the top to the base. My skin always amplifies citrus notes...Although not just because this perfume has a lot of orange, isnt sharp and fresh at all. Its a warm perfume, nice for christmas, really sweet, really "orange cake out of the oven" mixed with a bit of jasmine and in the end a delicious vanilla. As I said on my skin the satying power is bad, the sillage is decent anyway.
A blind buy that went wrong but a smell that I can wear from times to times, as I'm not dying of love for it and my dear husband start to throw up when I wear Guess Marciano.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I smelled this one again earlier at Guess Factory Store and i have 2 say it wasnt all that bad... At first sniff I could make out something citrusy, creamy and fun like a creamsicle then came a few pleasant florals but now a few hours later I smell something rather woody w/ a heavy dose of powder... The drydown is too flat and boring for my tastes, but a great opening.

guest_Angelic
guest_Angelic

This perfume smells good when you first spray it. I pick up a cotton-candy smell with some spice, but the dry down smells too much like baby powder for me.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Guess by Marciano smells good and sweet but that's about it. Nothing outstanding and very middle of the road scent. I only bought a mini of it and I don't think I would want more. It does not make you look like the model in the black bikini in the advertising for it. The price on it isn't too bad so I can't complain that it should have been more outstanding.

guest_TankGirl
guest_TankGirl

Guess by Marciano is quind of a typical fragrance. I bought it without trying and it was an big disapointing. You easily get tired of it. When you smell it on the bottle, it smells like orange blossom and tabaco but in a fresh way, but on my skin, after a little while its just absurdely sweet, I can only smell coracao. The dry down is nicer, soapy, cremy, but as I said nothing special. In 4 hours its completely gone.

atmosphere
atmosphere

Hmmm, this definitely is not a floral fruity, but a straight up gourmand. It reminds me a lot of Britney Spear's Fantasy, but Fantasy does not smell as sophisticated as this. This perfume smells like caramel and chocolate, and is a dream for anyone with a sweet-tooth.

The only problem I have is that this does not work on my skin. When I sprayed it on my arm, it smelled completely different. Really off. Chemistry, chemistry. But when I spray it on my clothes, it smells amazing and I have gotten compliments.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

Just got a bottle today...I love it! A warm and sexy vanilla scent. I want to eat myself! The only complaint that I have is it turns into a really light scent on my skin...I like my perfumes to be noticed and heavy. I just wish it was a little stronger on my skin. I will enjoy this fragrance in the hot and cold months. Thanks Marciano Guess, my first vanilla love! :-)Yaay...now I must continue my search for something similar but stronger and long lasting.

zaramona
zaramona

I got a sample tested on my skin and almost choked on the warmth and sweetness of it.Only things i get are sugar vanilla caramel sugar sugar and oh... hot creamychocolate.Its like soaking in an extreamly overdone coffe,just becareful.Floral friuty??!! what a crack...too much of evry thing.Looks and smells cheap,lasting power is good though.So so disappointed.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Goes on strong with an alcoholic lilt & a waft of the 90's....I am briefly reminded of a tipsy XS pour Elle, but far less fresh.

The heady start swiftly retreats to leave behind a warm, sugary orange punch which is light enough to allow the flowers to play happily in & out of the caramel notes. Slightly see-thru' & watery thanks to the peony & with a creamy cardamom warmth backing up the jasmine.

If anyone has tasted a "Smartie" - a drink made from Tia Maria & fresh orange juice then you will be familiar with the chocolate orange caramel scent that will be held close to your skin when using Guess.

The dry bitter woodiness & clean musky base is apparent early on - in fact the whole development is accelerated & jumbled on my skin! Guess is gold & shiny, happy & bright, warm & soapy-clean, powdery on the dry-down.

Rather nice. A bit of a Goldilocks scent...not too sweet, not too sour, not too floral, not too (you get the picture!) but it doesn't wow me enough to merit a bottle.

panda0410
panda0410

Just given this a trial run over the last few days... its another sweet gourmand. It opens very similarly to PH Can Can, then settles to something distinctly like BS Fantasy (original). I guess I like this perfume overall, but 1) its nothing special, don't chase your tail trying to get your hands on this, and 2) I own both Can Can and Fantasy, and I dont need dupes.

sharyssa

I really like this one I just wish it was noticable it is too light! A nice fruit/caramel woodsy smell very different from the other 2 Guess fragrances my fave next to Pink Guess.

It has awonderful fragrance

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Trvevil hit the nail on the head by comparing this to CH's '212 Sexy'. Both are very dessert-like, woody, creamy scents,.. And to my nose, almost identical. The difference is that 212 Sexy is more peppery in the top, and overall stronger, too. I like both, and would love to add this one to my collection, however, will only do so if I happen to find an awesome deal of it someplace.

Rouu
Rouu

FABULOUS !!! AMAZING !!SWEET !!

is so sweet fragrance, at the 1st time i sprayed it on i luved it so much, my favorite notes, i luve floral fruity so much and that one is a perfect floral fruity fragrance , it remind me somehow with Paris Hilton CANCAN, but the top not is different ..so amazing feminine,sweet,joyful, and glamorous, the feeling of happy ending for a ur day ,every time i smell it i smile and imagine candy town..!!the base note is amazing warm,sweet and so craemy with musk and vanilla in agreat mix.
i luve Guss silver , now i luve both and this one more !!

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I think this one is really good,i like the first impression is really citrus but then it become really warm & delicius,is not a unique scent theres others very similar like With Love,but i liked it alot.:)

rithacha
rithacha

I was lucky to run into Guess by Marciano, as it's not normally the type of fragrance I'd go for. But Guess surprised me - it's really good! Not an obvious presence, but you'll notice when it's gone.

The first fifteen minutes were gross. I kept getting a burnt rubber and plastic waft, which I assume are those unconventional top notes gone south on my skin. Wrote it off as nastiness personified and went along my own way. About an hour later, I kept smelling something warm, fuzzy, and GOOD! Having forgotten that I had Guess on, I tried to locate the smell. It wasn't the bottle of Hanae Mori on my drawer. There weren't cupcakes baking in the oven. No, I hadn't put on vanilla lotion . . . imagine my surprise when that unidentifiable foody aroma was just one wayward spritz of Guess!

The drydown is a splendid mix of foody scents and skin-tight musk. There's warm fruity caralemized vanilla, like a dessert. Similar to Fancy, but not nearly as sweet. This foody composition is musky, making it quite sophisticated (re: not a typical teenager scent). Soft, fuzzy, rounded, warm, sweet, fruity, bakery SKINSCENT. Really catchy after prolonged exposure.

claudia_23
claudia_23

i love this fragrance is gourmand and it smells like ciocolate deeped in rum essence vanilla and cinanom definetly e gorgeous one.i have almost eat my wrist i loove gourmand perfumes like this one

Allinug
Allinug

Oh I thought that I would like this but I don´t. I want it to smell more soft and vanilla than it does on me.

Sissi
Sissi

The Transistion Fragrance I'm Not a Girl but this is a Very Youthfull Frangrance Way Better when the Original
Formula. it's a Blast of Pears Necterine
i can also smell Musk Plumelia And waternotes Great for Summertime.
the drydown has too much Vanilla
this perfume is one of the ones i like
but not i love because i think it's a little girly girl for me but. it's ok
i give it a 4

Minnija
Minnija

it is really the same as Britney Fantasy! :))) I don't see differences

c3c
c3c

Oh no Jillzilla! Try it again! I loved this bottle and found it intriguing enough to buy without smelling it. It is a fabulous burst of sweetness in the beginning that fades quickly and yes, goes through an awkward adolescent chemical like phase. I think that phase is most awkward because it's a transition between the strong sweetness and the spices coming forth and at first they are not a graceful pair. Thankfully that part is short and it comes back around to a softer version of the sweetness it began with. Much like spicy cotton candy. Warm dessert spices, not Middle Eastern dinner fair style. An impulse buy I'm very happy with, not like anything else in my collection.

I should add, lasting power is phenomenal. I put it on almost 8 hours ago and it still smells great!

Sassy1
Sassy1

The top is just slightly off and medicinal probably because of the cardamom. I've found this note is not one of my favorites. Thankfully, it quickly rolls into the sweet floral heart and a boozily seductive caramel cream which is addictive to my nose. The color of this jus matches the scent perfectly. I think it's more of an fruity gourmand than floral fruity. It reminds me a little of With Love, but less powdery.
Definately a winter scent, too heavy for hot weather.
I'll enjoy wearing it for the next few months and then move on....so fickle. C'est la vie.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

As someone who loves very sweet fragrances, I was anxious to try this when I saw a tester in Macy's. When it made contact with my skin, I was enveloped in a cloud of sugary caramel and got wafts of a fruity cocktail. My first thought was "When's Happy Hour?". I could never have anticipated how fleeting that thought would be. Suddenly the fragrance made a rapid decent into sharp, synthetic sweetness, and left behind all hope of being able to represent any particular note, let alone group of notes, and all I could think about was finding the nearest restroom to scrub it off. I definitely felt like I needed a cocktail after that experience!

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

This is one I want to try,.. but have been intimidated to. Yes I don't know why they would catagorize it as fruity floral? When I was in the perfume store and talking to the salesgirl about it, she pulled it up in her computer while looking for things with amber in them. It seems like it's a bit warm for fruity floral?

I might get a sample of it soon. The warmer fragrances are hard to do right. It seems like this might be a bit strong.

crimsonbutterflies
crimsonbutterflies

As soon as I sprayed this one on all I could smell was chocolate/caramel. I am surprised that it is classified as a floral/fruity fragrance. I could have sworn that it was a soft oriental perfume, hence the vanilla, only a very soft oriental. Not intrusive, not sickenly sweet, good for the office. When I smell my wrist, I can pick up on the vanilla clearly and it has been almost two hours. It does not break the bank and perhaps I would purchase it but there is really nothing special about Guess that would make me purchase it. I would much rather spend my money on D&G The One or Versace's Crystral Noir, their sillage is so much more powerful (and more expensive they are too). But if you are racking your brains for a trendy,sweet but not-in-your-face perfume to buy your 19-year-old niece/girlfriend/sister that would be a good bet. I do not think a perfume really has an age limit but in my opinion, this one would appeal to girls aged 25 and under.

guest_Bechovic
guest_Bechovic

This has been compared to fantasy by Britney. I think they have similar features, but fantasy is heavier and the sweetness in fantasy is more like candy or cupcakes, where this one has a more sofisticated sweetness.
It is also more transparent than fantasy, and has a spicyness about it.. but they do share the same gourmand sweet smell with a fruity edge

Bouquet
Bouquet

This to me is more of a gourmand than a floral-fruity scent. I usually don't ike gourmands, but this is not as in your face and more balanced than some. Good for fall and winter days; very warm and comforting, very good longevity. The caramel (dulce de leche) note is prominent in the drydown. (Men seem to like it, too.) It's on my B-List, not my A-List,as I would classify it as more "homey" than elegant, but that's all right. I bought a bottle for $19.99 at Marshall's, and I'm fine with that.

rainydays
rainydays

Definitely for somebody who loves sweet smells... fortunately I'm open to that. This evokes thoughts of warm honey and caramel, with something spicy in the background... the cardamom, perhaps? This doesn't blow me out of the water (I don't know if I would have purchased it if it weren't significantly marked down to $20), but I like that it's comforting and feminine. A good choice for cool weather.
PS. My boyfriend LOVES this on me... he went on and on about how great I smell and how I should wear this more often. So I suppose guys must like it.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I do like this one, but i dont love it. Guess by Marciano smells like 2 of my LOVES mixed. It really does smell like Britney Spears Fantasy and Guerlain My Insolence. So Guess is sweet and ends powdery. Yet its not the more tart sweetness and Fantasy, and not the absolute beaut of My Insolence. I like it. It does last a long long time and the sillage is great. My boyfriend loves it, but i just like it...

Leyla
Leyla

Guess by Marciano are so stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

But i cannot smell it on myself for more than two or three hours. I hope it`s just fooling my nose to believe it`s gone. I really hope this is the case, as I still have 3.4 oz left of it to spend...

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I adore this perfume!!! One of my top signature scents. My only "Beef" with this scent is it only lasts a couple hours. Ive been told when I ware this that they know im in the room by this scent although I can't smell it on me so in all fairness its probably my nose getting acclimated to this scent and not smelling it anymore. Its a gorgous fruity, creamy smell that is intoxicating to me. One the very best scents ever!

edlina
edlina

Very Sexy,Elegant,Bold,Warm and Sweet.. Smell Perfectly Seductive for cold weather. I dont prefer on hot day cause the smell turn so heavy and overpowering... Definitely my Favourite for Cold Weather as its turn few head when u pass by :) ..

mandashell
mandashell

This perfume is sweet, spicy and sexy! Don't get any of the fruits listed. Just comes across to me as spicy, vanilla-y, creme brulee. This wears well in both hot and cold temps. Lasting power is very good. This isn't the most remarkable scent of it it's kind but it is very nice and deserves to be tried at least once. ;')

Trvevil
Trvevil

Hmm this one smells almost one in one like CH 212 Sexy.

I find that Guess is more sweet and somehow more sultry. Maybe even too sweet. Anyway, I think I prefer CH 212 to this one. But I still don't know which is better. xD

Lasting power and sillage is very good.

tangledvines
tangledvines

Tried this perfume today and really liked it. I had a difficult time choosing just one perfume from a shelf of 40+. It's a very feminine and classy scent, but in the end I went with a different perfume I liked a bit more. Perhaps next time I will snag a bottle of this.

dina
dina

The top notes smell a bit like caramel but then the drydown has something awful that turns it into a bad smell !

simonac
simonac

I try it a few days ago, and I'm in love from the first smell :).
It is spicy and sweet, fashionable for this autumn and winter.I really want it.

scenturian
scenturian

Starts with melon accord. And then dries down into a sweet watermelon which is quite similar to Carolina Herrera Chic For Men.
It is delicious, i like woman smelling like this.

taydev

ok i tried this again and i finally caught on to the fruity grape scents. smells ok but i especially like the drydown where it takes on a warm & powdery vanilla, honey, & caramel smell. to be honest i cant see wearing this in hot weather as it would nauseat my stomach but perfect for days and nights in cold weather fall/winter!

Mmm... smelled this in a magazine and it smelled like warm spices and sweet honey! Really sexy and different. Can't wait to try this on me.

mmizy

forgot to mention that it reminds me faintly of Amor Amor. They both have jasmine,vanilla, grapefruit and musk

mmizy

I purchased this fragrance unsniffed. to me this smells like suntan lotion and not in a bad way. i definitely smell the citrus note. And then it mixes with caramel, powder and spice. Its interesting. Its is growing one me. A bit synthetic but nice none the less. Best for spring and fall.

I love it! Sweet and warm... But the body lotion and shower gel aren't good. They smell kinda cheap. But I really like the match with Amber Romance of Victoria's Secret body lotion and shower gel ;)

taydev

wow everyones noses are so different because im not getting anything that resembles citrus. its sweet like caramel and vanilla to me.

taydev

i love it. great for cuddly winters. i like vanilla but this can be a little too sweet for me at times, other times it smells just right. Definetly for wear in the colder months in my opinion.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very sexy,i like it a lot.Guess makes very good frags.Warm and exotic with a pretty touch.Will have it sometime!

Guest_markRep
Guest_markRep

Wow I love this one and am very surprised that it is not more popular around here which makes me so happy because may be the the best thing to settle my sweet tooth. Really is hard to offend people with this glowing amber gem of a perfume. My mother who hates perfume even begrudged a compliment.
Others are dead on with words like delectable, confident and sexy.
It is comfort food for the perfume lover. A good level of sweetness and aromas that make you think of favored notes that aren't even there. Yet there is a seamless bridge of depth and lightness. I am crazy for this perfume.

ruxxy
ruxxy

"Guess by Marciano" - a very pleasant surprise! The top notes are a bit fresher than the middle ones, which consist of a nice, sweet and spicy mix. It makes me think of almonds mixed with caramel - sounds overwhelming, but it really isn't; a warm, rich, creamy, a bit woody, but totally delicious and sexy.

This fragrance is amazing from all points of view: VERY long lasting ( after 6 hours of traveling, a shower and an 8 hour sleep, I could still smell the musky base in the morning!), can be worn during both summer or winter, I don't think that someone could find it unpleasant, it is a great value for the money.... and all these come in a beautifully decorated caramel bottle!

guest_ala2739
guest_ala2739

The perfume is great at first, but by the end of the day it smelled too powdery.

kay_li13
kay_li13

This perfume smells delicious! I'm wearing it right now after spraying it on at a Perfumania store. The sweetness is not nauseating and is balanced well, like a caramel vanilla square candy, however, it isn't very distinguishable and reminds me of several other scents that I have had before, so I probably wouldn't spend the money to buy it.

Mozzygurl
Mozzygurl

This isn't a review for the fragrance but rather a request for the developers of the site to please, please please add the original guess from the 90s on here? It is my holy grail of perfumes. And in my opinion the best Guess fragrance ever made. Why they would discontinue it is beyond me.

smachica
smachica

This perfume starts out very sweet; more floral at the beginning. The drydown leaves a warm carmely, powdery almost musky scent. Wonderful! For a mainstream perfume people always ask what it is.

Amanda79
Amanda79

Theres no denying this perfume has caramel!! The notes for this perfume are a little different than listed..

Star fruit, grapefruit, orange curaçao, cardamom, peonies, pink honeysuckle, jasmine, raw woods, vanilla and dulce de leche (caramel)

On me this is all spicy orange, sweet caramel with a musky jasmine and warm vanilla. Very rich and exotic. I love it! Its tropical enough for summer but warm and deep enough for winter.

Update: I was wearing this today and my mom said mmmm your perfume smells good like chocolate and grapes. haha

sharyssa

I bought a 3.4 oz again and I am giving it another try and so far it smells good! Maybe because I am a cigarette smoker I have trouble smelling perfumes correctly,I don't know but so far so good! Also, I had a 1.7 oz before and now I have the big bottle so I like that better already because I like the biggest size bottle.But it does smell green and I can smell something sweet maybe caramel and a little bit of woodsiness!

tenten
tenten

This perfume is ideal for every day wear. It is fresh yet warm and subtle although with enough staying power to carry on through the day. The scent is very caramelly, like the bottle. I will admit it is not the most unique scent out there and something in the heart of the fragrance reminds me of guess gold, but it is still nice and sweet and flirty. If you want to get a perfume that will not offend your co-workers/school mates or give them headaches, or one that you dont want to feel bad about ODing when you're getting ready this is a nice scent. And the price is not bad i paid a lil over $30 for a 50 ml bottle in Canada.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

The GUESS by MARCIANO fragrance celebrates the power of the fashion-forward woman and was created to inspire glamour and sensuality. This delectable fragrance is united by zesty, invigorating fruits and vibrant florals and then balanced by warm, rounded, woody notes.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

This scent is really warm and comforting. Kind of like a good hot winter drink drizzled with caramel. Not really super sweet, but really enticing.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

I wear it the gym and is okay for summer. Havent tried during winter. But definitely wearable and refreshing, nice mix of floral and citrus leaning more on the floral side, but nothing extraordinary, yet still wonderful and refreshing. The new Cheap and Chic Moschino Hippy Fiz smells so like it, but leaning towards citrusy. Guess is better.

sjanira
sjanira

This is such a warm comforting scent. For those who like sweet, warm scents but done right. I love that it smells like caramel without having that actual note. I don't really get the grapefruit at all. The body butter and Lotion are wonderful too, great for layering.

coco76
coco76

this is a great perfume for a confident, sexy woman who does not need your approval or attention! a very heady and full perfume that is not for a wallflower but rather a woman who does not mind being the centre of attention. the curacao lends a slight 'booziness' to it, but it is not offputting at all; rather it is like a night of adventure in a city you barely know. i cannot put my finger on it, but something in this perfume reminds me of the 90s...

sham_1983
sham_1983

scent quite related to laura mercier the caramel type (i forgot) .and i love this guess marciano as a collection.

Jeanette

I think this perfume is my signature.
I wear it more and more and feel very sexy and confident while wearing it!
I am really in love with this one and the compliments never stop! A real head turner.
It's a long lasting, warm, sweet and spicy perfume. On my skin, the heart is much like the base and i love that! It's just the musk that breaks througt from the base, not much vanilla on my skin...
I don't know how i better can describe it..? Devine, maby? ;)

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

This is a wonderful scent. Playful and sweet and subtle. A slight citrus/spice at first but the drydown is remarkable. Very pleased. A purchase that will not disappoint.

royallprincess
royallprincess

A warm, girly, creamy vanilla scent. I wore this all summer. It's subtle on me, I forget I have it on after a few hours but it's still there if I catch a whiff of my wrists. I never get comments since it's not unusual enough to be attention grabbing, it just makes me smell nice for my own enjoyment.

Jeanette

I love it. It has depth in it and smells sweet - but not too much, you know? Very, very female.
I think men will fall for it like cats for catnip.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

It's nice smelling, but not so remarkable for me.. I love Guees gold the most

guest_Pageant girl~!
guest_Pageant girl~!

Guess by marciano is fabulous...I get a plethora of commetns from both Men and women when I wear this fragrance.....A definite repeat!!!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guess Guess By Marciano fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guess Guess By Marciano, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guess By Marciano by Guess. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guess By Marciano by Guess represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.