Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

G of The Sea Harajuku Lovers for women

G of The Sea Harajuku Lovers for women
dislike

G of The Sea Harajuku Lovers for women Pictures

G of The Sea by Harajuku Lovers is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. G of The Sea was launched in 2011. Top notes are red apple, wild berries and water lily; middle notes are jasmine, freesia and peony; base notes are woodsy notes, amber and musk.

Red Apple Wild berries Water Lily

Eternity for Men Summer 2017

G of The Sea Fragrance Reviews

Janlaw
Janlaw

I can tell its a great perfume but it's weak and reminisce of a 14 year old doll perfume.

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

This is my go to light summer scent. I love the citrusy opening that leads into this delicate, clean beachy freshness. This smells very oceanic to me despite not having water notes. The dry down is almost creamy and kind of warm. I only wish it had more staying power!

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

I love this scent...is so fresh and i love the Aquatic note especially! I wore this during Bible Study today and i felt great wearing it as i don't like to wear overbearing fragrances during Bible Study. Its so unoffensive. It just smells so innocent and girly. And it seems to last a long time too. I also smell a strong lemony scent like others have mentioned. It smell almost like ice cold lemonade without any added sugar. Maybe Citrus is in G of the Sea but they forgot to list this in the notes.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This fragrance, although an entirely different smell, is reminiscent of Paris Hilton's Siren. Both are aquatic mermaid perfumes that are sweet, innocent, soft and fruity. I have both. I love G of the Sea and lots of little girls love it when I wear it on Disney cruises. I'm a paid entertainer and dress up as Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty. I show them the bottle and they get so excited and ask me where I can buy it. This scent starts with a sweet fruity aroma of berries and apples. Fresh and fruity. And then the fragrance goes into it's floral heart. It's got jasmine, freesia and peony. Soft flowers. Highly feminine. No way a man can wear this without compromising his masculinity. This is a fragrance for the little girl in all of us, the girl who reads the Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen and understands the original message of love, loyalty and sacrifice. In the original story, the mermaid gives up her own life in order to allow the prince to live his full life. This fragrance is just the littlest bit melancholy to me. I don't know where I'm getting that sad note maybe it's the soft woodsy notes or the white musk. It smells like a little animal that you have rescued from the ocean and you've adopted but you dont know whether or not it will live. It's so soft to the point of vulnerability. Fragile, delicate. The woodsy notes stand out at the dry down. If this is how Japanese girls smell all the time, I envy them! Gorgeous. I'm going to seriously look into buying more fragrances from this line or other Japanese fragrances. I am wearing this baby to my next Caribbean cruise.

a lovely fragrantican sent this to me and i am enjoying it. it will be a great summer fragrance for sure. it's light, fresh and clean smelling and for some reason i am getting a huge scent of grapefruit from this. there is not a grapefruit listed and i have no idea why this is coming across a clean citrus to me but i'm loving it. it's not a long lasting perfume, you'll get maybe an hour or two and the bottle is cute. i have the tall bottle not the mermaid shaped one. enjoy!

Jojopie
Jojopie

Smelled like nothing but wood on me...and even that didn't last.

miadam728
miadam728

I just received my bottle of G to the Sea today. I's pretty nice, young daytime perfume. When layered with C.O. Bigelow Lemon 1999 it takes on a better fragrance.

lizzyshreds

I really love this one, it's one of my favorites out of the series. I just wish they came in bigger sizes. I really like the freshness, and aquaticness to this perfume. I really love how the red apple blends in with the water lilly I think they go great together. I really wish these didn't get discontinued, but there is some good news there is a new line of the Harajuku Lovers Pop Electric, being sold on HSN. Overall I give this perfume a 10/10.

twf112
twf112

I adore both the smell of this fragrance and the adorable mermaid bottle it comes in! G of the Sea is a very clean fragrance that is both fruity and (mainly) floral. On my skin it seems to get a little salty after a time, and then goes back to a soft floral before it slowly drifts away completely. Obviously the packaging plays a key factor in the awesome that is this perfume, but it really is a wonderful summertime scent. My only issue is that it usually doesn't last more than two hours on my skin. Due to the fact I spent most of my childhood pretending to be Princess Ariel, I forgive G of the Sea for not being as lasting as I would like.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

i absolutely love this perfume it smells like a bit like light blue..very bright and clean and fresh with citrus...but i bought this for the package to be honest and super G they are both my favorite out of the whole bunch! look at her hair! Diva much!? You gotta give it to Gwen she is a genious for coming up with these perfumes..can you imagine how much money she makes from these dolls?

robyn.racicot
robyn.racicot

This was a blind buy I grabbed at Ross for $7.99 but I'm pretty dissapointed with it. Its very, very weak and to me it really doesn't smell like anything other than a very light floral scent. Its a very typical "perfumey" smell with no real identity of its own. I loved the bottle though which is what drew me to it. I have a .33 oz bottle that I spray once if anyone is interested!

nellychick31
nellychick31

I am a big fan of G of The Sea. I have samples of the original five fragrances and really liked G, so when I saw G of the Sea for $10 at Ross (.33 fl oz) I figured I would give it a try. I find this to be quite a crisp, clean and fresh aquatic fragrance. I mainly smell apple and water lily. It is sweet, but not in the tropical/fruity way that the original G is. It's definitely a summer fragrance for me - it evokes a sort of beachy vibe. I find that it doesn't last long on my skin at all, but that is common with the Harajuku Lovers fragrances.

JFrags
JFrags

I do agree that is a bit salty but it does also remind me of coconut... maybe I'm just bad at senses but for me it's really.

I'll most likely give it to my kid sister since it seems like a youthful scent.

bailarina
bailarina

This is one of my favorites. It's light, fresh and an interesting aquatic. I do own "Tokyo" and "Love and luck" and I can tell you "love and luck" is almost exactly the same as "G of the Sea", but with a hint of patchouli. I love them both. "Tokyo" smells just a tiny bit like "G of the Sea" after it dries down, but it is not as close as "Love and Luck". I had the opportunity to compare the three. I love it.

theaterninja
theaterninja

I was originally looking to replace my Lilly Pulitzer's Beachy, but because I can no longer find it, I found this scent instead and bought it based on the description alone after never smelling it. I was nervous as to how it would actually smell, but I love it! It smells fruity going on, then turns a little flowery. It makes me feel like I can smell sunscreen and tropical flowers. I use 3-4 sprays in the morning, and I can still usually smell it by the end of the work day. I actually like it better than Beachy, because it smells "younger". I would have liked more of a salty/ocean scent, but I am still really happy with this fragrance!

Aerides
Aerides

Opens with a nice mixture of fruity and aquatic notes, which I assume comes from the water lily. The dry down becomes very soapy however and only has a modest longevity. But the bottle design is adorable.

tsofa
tsofa

I had only tried two of the Harajuku Lovers line and as I was impressed by ‘Lil Angel’, while ‘Super G’ deeply disappointed me. Without being discouraged, I kept searching to see what would be Gwen’s next perfume I would be drawn to. And that was ‘G of the Sea’.

Obviously, the package drew my attention but something was telling me that I was going to like it. I am glad I was right.

To me, this perfume is a little more mature than the rest of the line, because of the woodsy notes I get in the end when the fragrance develops on my skin. I do not know why I get clementine note at the first spray, maybe the combination of apple and berries notes, but it’s so fresh and juicy that I crave for more. I also get a hint of jasmine note while the woodsy notes give that airy, breezy, vacationish feeling, reminding of summer.

I don't have anything left in my bottle as I also agree it doesn’t last long at all, not even a minute. I kept spraying tons of it on myself, with no one complaining around me. I matched it with the Body shop’s ‘Dreams Unlimited’ perfume body lotion to try and get some longevity but with not many results.

In conclusion, and to my opinion, this perfume carries you from sunny bright days to hot summer nights. I used it in chilling, cloudy days and rainy, windy nights to give me the feeling of sunshine and summery getaways. Unfortunately, this lasted only a month. :(

lizzyshreds

I really love this fragrence. G of the sea. This perfume reminds me of a body mist I've ( Body Fantasies Clean Ocean Air. G of The Sea smells lighter, which is a good thing.), but it last a lot longer than that. Harajuku Lovers is one of my favorite perfume lines. I asked Sephora, about a month ago, and they gave me some disapointing news. Sephora told me that most likley they will not be carrying Harajuku Lovers in the near future. I really hope a new line comes out in the future hopefully in 2013, else I will be really sad.

Macy_Autumn
Macy_Autumn

I was very disappointed that this fragrance didn't have Sea Water or water notes. But I still love this fragrance and the cute ass bottles. I mean just look at Dolly (that's what I call them.) it makes you want to take it home.

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

Honestly it doesn't matter how good the Harajuku Lovers smell. At the end of the day they have NO projection or longevity, so they're not even worth buying unless you find a 30ml for about 10 bucks

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

I found the tester for this one for under $18 first. Then I saw the figure bottle for $!0! Had to have her for display , while I use the other. It does smell much like Ed Hardy Love and Luck. I prefer this one, because of the woodsy base. The opening smells citrusy to me, and the overall feel is very happy and uplifting. It's a very pleasant summer scent.

Longevity isn't great, and if I'd paid $40 for 30 ml that would be used up in a couple of days, I'd be irritated.

Matheusvieirah
Matheusvieirah

This is my favorite fragrance I have

erilika
erilika

The bottles of Harajuku Girls are adorable. Really smart packaging, borrowing Japanese 'cuteness' and making it impactful in western countries.

G of the sea itself is a comfortable scent. Aquatic floral that is harmless and easy to wear. Nothing special, but i wouldn't mind seeing the cute bottle on my dressing table.

jckp27
jckp27

oh the bottle is adorable!!! I have heard it smells summery and a bit like a hibiscus and the ocean!! I love having enough scents for every season!! This would totally be for summer daytime!!!!

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

G of the Sea is one of my favorite Harajuku Lovers fragrances. It's one of the more mature scents from the line, in my opinion! And let's not forget the ridiculously pretty and adorable bottle on this one. It takes me back to when I was really young and obsessed with mermaids. All girls had their "Mermaid Phase," right? ;)

The best way I can describe this scent is a fresh flower being washed up on the beach. The floral notes definitely stand out, the fruity notes add a watery and juicy quality to it (instead of a sweet quality), and the base notes add some earthy and spicy qualities to it. For some reason, the base notes make me think of sand, which makes this a clean and beachy fragrance while still being a feminine and aquatic scent with the florals. It's very lovely! I was expecting another typical G coconut/tropical smoothie scent, but I'm glad that isn't the case here!

As other people have stated, the lasting power isn't that great (unfortunately), but I find that it lasts a little bit longer when you layer it over a lotion. I find that it pairs up really well with Bath and Body Works' Dancing Waters.

taylorloveslopez
taylorloveslopez

Love this scent :) but as a lot of people have said, it doesnt last long. which is a shame because most of the other harajuku perfumes last..

happybeauty101
happybeauty101

It's very aquatic. It has a very clean but feminine scent. Prfect or summer!

Hellokitty7
Hellokitty7

I love it! <3 :D

francesmay
francesmay

Aside from the cute doll as a packaging, I did like the smell of this perfume. Does remind you of the scent of ocean breeze. I thought it smelled familiar. Could it be Oceanus by The Body Shop? It is a clean , light and refreshing scent that would never be overpowering.

Elodia
Elodia

Very nice, clean, and watery scent. However, in terms of longevity, it has none whatsoever; the scent seems to vanish within a minute or so.

Kateyanna
Kateyanna

My #1 fav fragrance EVER!!!!! So watery, fruity, and watery!!!!!!!!!!!! Not too strong, the best fragrance ever!!!!!!!

Mandalila
Mandalila

The opening notes on this perfume start with a salty ocean smell mixed with water lilies. As it dries down, it reminds me of a very fancy bubble bath smell and makes me think of a beautiful ocean world. I like the smell a lot, it's very simple and fresh. Only thing is, the smell dies down very quickly. Lasting power, about 3-4 hours.

marisacb
marisacb

Cutest packaging ever. Nice smell too. If there were a magical land where the harajuku girls lived, the water would totally smell like this.

smilekyle
smilekyle

I absolutely love this perfume, and so sad that it was LE. It's my favorite out of the HL line, and i wanna save it forever! I bought this blindly because it was just so cute, and sounded like something I'd like, and so glad I bought the 3.4oz. It's very fresh and oceanic. For me, it's salty and woodsy from the bottle, with a crisp freshness, but once sprayed, it unleashes this very crisp, fresh, oceanic floral scent that just refreshes me. I will agree, and say it doesn't last long, about 4 hours maybe on me, which I have a hard time with perfumes lasting on myself, but I've gotten many compliments while wearing this! Definitely going to buy another 3.4 when I can!

AprilLouisa
AprilLouisa

As a huge Gwen/No Doubt fan it's no wonder I bought most of her perfumes...as a lover of all things ocean/beach related I just had to have this...there was no tester available but I spent the £20 and chanced it and I'm glad I did! The smell is pretty hard to describe but it conjures up images of driftwood and waves in my mind. It's a lot less sweet than the other HL perfumes I've tried and it's a lot more 'earthy' if that makes sense. Of the ones I've tried it's my favourite HL perfume so I am trying to conserve it by using my other ones up first!

Booogie
Booogie

This reminded me of Artisan by John Varvatos. Sweet, bubbly orange juice with a slightly woody drydown, doesn't evolve much more, with zero lasting power. It does smell good though, I like it. Wish it hung around for a little while though. The drydown is also starting to remind me a bit of Apple Bottoms by Nelly. This is safe, cute and kinda sweet with a little woods and citrus.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Harajuku Lovers G of the Sea is the must have mermaid for the summer! Water lily gives a subtle citrus scent with sweet apple and smooth woods. I wish G of the Sea came in a bigger bottle and was an Eau de Parfum so the scent would last longer. Adorable fragrance!

Ditto25
Ditto25

I liked this scent, but I got more of a watery scent rather than wood. It is a little musky and not an overpowering fragrance. It doesn't last very long but it is still good. A friend of mine thought it had a deodorant smell to it. I didn't quite get that but a lot of the water splash fragrance tend to have that clean smell. I didn't get much floral but there is a faint hint. The bottle is too cute. I gave it to my niece and it is a cute gift for a young girl. The scent itself though I feel can go with all ages. I think the mermaid doll may make some people hesitant because it comes off as a "young" scent.

fudgiefoo
fudgiefoo

i have all of the harajuku lovers an this g of the sea remindes me of a little hint of gost.i would recomend the fragrence to all of my freinds. the perfume is more of a summer day smell but is still amazing i wore it for a pary and i had a lot of coments about it love it !!

Mylifeismusic11
Mylifeismusic11

First. I have ALL the Harajuku Girls and one Mermiad G one. I LOVE THEM. the Scents are PERFECT. but I must say the BEST is G and Baby * my opinion* G has that suttle Coconut smell and it says on ur skin and is great for school. Baby Smells like Baby powder. BUT doesnt have that "baby, child" kid smell. Music and LOve are okay. I found that I started to like love after a while. I didnt care for it at firist cause it smeled kind of Fake and i couldnt figure out WAT the smell was. Then after a while I started to like it. ONE PROBLEM. THEY RUN OUT SO FAST. if u use them a lot. and theres always teh LIIIIITTTLE rim of perfume left and the tube cant reach it and it becomes a bummer.

I agree with misscareyann's description of this scent. There is a salty quality to this scent when it hits the skin, not really evident from sniffing from the bottle. I get the reference to the sea in the name of this fragrance. It's like florals floating in the ocean. I'm not particularly drawn to marine type scents, because they generally end up too masculine on me. But this one is not bad because of the stronger floral note. I wish the fruits would come out more for me.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Blind buy because I fell absolutely in love with the bottle. Big dissapointment. Doesn't last long, and the weak scent that last, is very synthetic to mee - almost headachingly.

adayoncedawned
adayoncedawned

This scent smells reeeeally reeeeally good, I love it, it's so innocently crisp and fresh and classic. Just imagine swimming in a beautiful ocean with a breeze of wind with citrus and flowers in the air, and that's what you get. My only complaint is the lasting power.... It's hard to smell, so I got the 3.4 ounce so I could drown myself in it, and it worked, so, I think it's worth it.

pickledjo
pickledjo

I love the smell it's sweet and yummy - but it only seems to last a few seconds.
It wears off far too fast. Is it like this with everyone? It's a shame as I adore the initial kick of smell. My boyfriend really loves it too.

dame piglet
dame piglet

Office friendly: 9/10
"headache" factor: 4/10

From looking at the bottle, I sort of expected more of an Escada summer scent super fruity scent; like that would be the predictable way to go with such a cutesy bottle.
As misscareyann said, there's definitely a "salty" note in this. I haven't yet smelled a fragrance that captures salt & water before. It's not "salt water" in a literal sense... seaweed, algae, fish, etc. What I mean is that it's more like what you'd imagine that Disney's Little Mermaid water would smell like. Salty, watery, floral with a little fruit. Very nice and polite for summer. I like it and it will go into my summer rotation. Not very strong and does not last long, unfortunately.

HarajukuLover123
HarajukuLover123

LOVE IT !!! Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers has some amazing smells but G seems to alway be my fave ! To me this smell is Fresh , and is like Shampoo without the toxic factor and has a very undersea vibe Its great I know even when the perfume has run out I will keep the bottle forever I love it !!! Go buy this perfume ! if u r thinking about buying it please do im sure you will love it to ;)

20 out of 10 :D

Innocent
Innocent

This is a very 'generic' smell. I got it for its bottle. too cute.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I really wanted to like this , as the bottles are so cute and collectible . Sprayed it on in Boots yesterday . There was some note in there that was very off putting , and it seems to be there in all Harajuku perfumes. IT was a "Scrubber" I'm afraid . I will keep testing them to see if there's one i like though !

INteresting to note that "robynlovesperfume" said its very similar to Ed Hardy "Love n Luck" - Yes !! I agree! I tested that one too ( because i got sucked in by the funky bottle ! ) and i didn't like that one either.

I SOOOO want to like this , the bottle is super kitsch funky cool!

I don't know what note it is that puts me off this , other Harajuku scents , and Love n Luck . Musk maybe ?

greydove
greydove

If a mermaid could have an underwater dessert this is what it would smell like. This perfume has ozonic overtones mixed with touches of crisp, refreshing fruit like apple, and green grapes along with a creamy drydown "reminiscent of coconut". Together these notes manage to evoke an aquatic gourmand fragrance! I thought it wouldn't last or project very much, but one humid evening as I was walking home it started to really come out on my damp skin, and I had sprayed it in the morning over eight hours before!

jonr951

A new Harajuku is coming! It's called "Super G"!!!! She's a super hero!!!! TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! I can't wait!!!! You can see the bottle on fragrance . org.

This G of the Sea is sooo light and sooo fresh but not boring. Peony and water lily (lotus?) are great together; making the scent feminine and aquatic. The fresh apple and fruity berries are just discreet and delicious. Musk and light wood tone are easy to wear by anyone. Of course, there is an essence of ocean too.

It reminds me of something from Marc Jacobs Splash Collection; Rain and Apple. Or something from BBW like Sea Island Cotton. Even though the scent is all so familiar, this G mermaid bottle is the most collectible and interesting.

So earlier today, I could not help myself (even though I'm so broke) and bought the mini .33oz bottle because it's just so SUPER KAWAII!!! Hands down!!! I probably won't be using this, but it's a keeper among my mini bottles.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Opened up with a blast of citrus (and that's not even listed), then went through a stage where it was kind of similar to the Wicked Style G, and then quickly vanished. I tried all of the Wicked style fragrances at the same time and they all lasted amazingly long on the cards but not this one.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Jonr951 took the words right out of my mouth,.. This fragrance really does smell very much like Love & Luck. And just how I can't stand 'Love & Luck', I can't stand 'G of the Sea' either. They don't seem to have any notes in common, but somehow, they smell very similar.

I don't understand what this version has in common with the other G's in the line. Typically when they make other versions of an original scent, there will be at least some similarities making it just another variation of the original fragrance. But this, oh my,.. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't see anything in common! It sort of seems like they threw this one together, without very much thought put into the fragrance itself.

One last positive note, I will say that the bottle/packaging is fun, especially with G's flowy hair and mermaid get-up. I wonder if they're going to make 'Sea' versions of the rest of the dolls? I hope that if they do, they'll do a little better job next time. These fragrance dolls are not exactly cheap, especially when compared to the small amount of fragrance in each.

jonr951

I got to try G of the Sea yesterday and it smells just like Ed Hardy's Love & Luck edp. I already have a bottle of Love & Luck but I think I still need to own that ridiculously cute G bottle. Haha. : )

Matin
Matin

Sorry I do not know how smell G of the sea , I have curiosity , but the bottle is so cute ^_^ !!!!! Not my style but I love collecting, really fun.
I love the Sirens

jamieh3343
jamieh3343

This is a beachy fun summery sweet fragrance. I was afraid it would be too sweet and cloying, but it turned out to be a really nice. I am definitely going to add this to my collection.

misscareyann
misscareyann

G of the Sea is a fun, interesting fragrance. It starts out with a sort of fruity burst, which is kind of grainy? That is the only word I can think of to describe it. A salty quality to it once it hits the skin? So, this salty-eque fruit dries down to a sort of floral/amber, with a tiny pepper kick to it, reminiscent of the original Harajuku Lover's Love.
This scent transforms on my skin more than any other of the Harajukus, all of which I love in their own way.
I really do like G of the Sea. Really, really.
The only gripe I have is that I wish it lasted longer. Maybe when the weather gets warmer, it will be a bit stronger and persistant.