Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Violette Imperiale Historiae for women

Violette Imperiale Historiae for women
dislike

Violette Imperiale Historiae for women Pictures

Violette Imperiale by Historiae is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Violette Imperiale was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Constant Michaux. Top notes are orange, black currant and peach; middle notes are violet, iris, raspberry and ylang-ylang; base notes are vanilla, musk, amber, vetiver and sandalwood.

Orange Black Currant Peach

Violet iris Raspberry Ylang-Ylang

Vanilla Musk Amber Vetiver Sandalwood

Mure et Musc
Mure et Musc Cologne

Violette Imperiale Fragrance Reviews

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

Violette Imperiale (Imperial Violet)

Sweet perfume!

When I read about the line Historiae I figured it was an indie niche fragrance and that it specialized in rare, exotic, complex non mainstream fragrances. You'll never find this at Macy's. But upon smelling, testing and wearing Violette Imperiale I found it to be surprisingly modern and not too different from a standard fruity floral celebrity scent. I can't compare this to any fragrance off the top of my head but it does strike you as something you've smelled before. Perhaps this is like a toilette or lighter concentration of something like Guerlain Insolence. This is an iris and violet powder based perfume. As such, one has to actually enjoy and be accustomed to powdery floral scents i.e. Paris by Yves Saint Laurent. This is a rather delicate scent, soft, with little sillage and projection, not quite a skin scent, but bordering on an eau de toilette not eau de parfum. Longevity is not as good as I'd like it to be but it is very pleasant and enjoyable while it lasts. It's quite youthful and airy, suitable to younger girls (junior high, high school, teens) as well as older adult women who enjoy sweet florals.

The opening is a delicious mix of fruit in various form. I smelled a hint of citrus courtesy of a vanishing orange, followed by a plum like scent of currant, a peach and most of all raspberry. The berry is the dominant accord so it ends up smelling like sweet fruit candy with raspberries. The fruitiness give it not only a sweetness but a summer time feel. It's day wear and appropriate for wearing in summer and spring time. The fruit flavor is definitely a modern touch. Reminds me of so many atypical fruity florals. The fruitiness dissipates eventually but it gives it that right brilliant opening.

The floral heart is heavy with the iris and powder based florals of violet. The violet here is a candied violet, still lingering with raspberries. The violet is the main floral note and it is so well blended with iris flower. I personally love violets and iris so for me this is a lovely treat. The ylang-ylang is not as noticeable but it can be detected with a slight tangy banana sort of scent with a yellow floral smell, though, again, the purple/blue/violet florals of violet and iris is 100 percent the strongest note in this floral perfume. The powdery florals give it an innocence, almost like, as other reviewers have observed, a sugar plum fairy type. It's like a ballerina's perfume but she is very young, in fact, not a prima ballerina at all but in the corps de ballet, a dancer who has not yet become th star. A princess, ingénue or sweet girl scent.

The dry down is soft but with noticeable wood (sandalwood) vetiver, a little bit of musk and delicious powdery vanilla. As it dries down the scent leaves behind the raspberry violet and turns progressively into an artificial sandalwood note with a little bit of vanilla and musk which for whatever reason turns to powder. This is totally a powder but so gorgeous. I feel younger wearing it, happier, and so casual. No need to put your hair up or wear formal clothing. This is a girly girl perfume but not terribly serious, nor sophisticated, hardly mature. At the same time because it is a violet, it makes a very nice intro to violet fragrances for beginners.

Lovely

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

FRAGRANCE REVIEW FOR VIOLETTE IMPERIALE BY HISTORIAE

Top Notes: Orange Black Currant Peach

Middle Notes: Violet Iris Raspberry Ylang Ylang

Base Notes: Vanilla Musk Amber Vetiver Sandalwood

Imperial Violet true to it's moniker has a reigning violet. She is the queen. After adoring the fragrance Rose de France by the same house of Historiae, I thought it was about time I added another to my collection. This is a sweet innocent fruity floral fragrance. The violet is surrounded by sweet notes of raspberry and a grape scented black currant. The only other floral note I could detect was iris which gave it a definite powder and softness. Smells very purple. The grapes plus violet-iris combination gives it an airy and magic atmosphere. As another Fragrantica reviewer pointed out it evokes Christmas time, the Tchaikovsky ballet The Nutcracker The Sugar Plum Fairy. Light, subtle, sweet, magical, with each step the scent fills the air with deliciousness and enchantment. The vanilla is very present in the dry down adding yet another sweet note. The vetiver and sandalwood give it some much needed depth and oomph. I love this fragrance and I highly recommend it. And even though it smells like Christmas it's suitable for spring and summer. If you like violet flowers this fragrance will delight you. If you like soft powdery floral scents you're in for a treat.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

Violets on the sweeter/innocent side, without actually being sweet. Most notable to me is the absence of pepper, which is often entwined in violet compositions. So, without any pepper it is smooth, soft and sweetly floral - not a soliflore but close - with a lovely powdery aura.
A stranger just complimented me on this, and it's only the first day I have worn it. It is a hot day and so the fragrance has bloomed quite quickly on me, but without becoming cloying in the heat.
Imperial Violet is an uncomplicated scent with medium sillage and longevity as yet untested. A lovely fragrance.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

A PERFUME FOR A PRINCESS

I have both the big bottle and the purse size travel spray which I carry with me when I'm out all day and spritz this on in the bathroom re applying it when it starts to dry. This is such a beautiful, beautiful perfume. It reminds me of the Lilac Fairy in the Sleeping Beauty ballet by Tchaikovsky. This has a regal but sweet youthful air. It's soft and light, powdery, just how I like my perfumes. Starts with fruit scents of orange peach and grapes (black currant). Of course with a name like Imperial Violet the violet flower is dominant. It's soft, though, and yet heady, fragrant. It's well paired with other flowers like iris and Ylang Ylang. A sweet raspberry and vanilla keep this fragrance feminine and lovely. Dries down cleanly with amber and sandalwood. I absolutely love this perfume and you will too. If you're big on floral fragrances that are soft and dreamy this is perfect. I wear this as a casual day time fragrance

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

EDIT: this has lasted 13 hours on me and still hasn't faded out!

first of all. beautiful, high quality bottle.

VI smells very modern.
a slightly (fruity, woody, amber, powder - in that order) Violet eau de toilette.

i can smell the greener violet that i find in SheWood, but a much softer concentration. the violet is i think, masked somewhat by the full-on musks and fruits.

i don't know whether my nose is having a funny day or what? but i swear i can smell freesias* and/or rose* in this!
or is it violet leaf?
or the musks playing tricks with my nose?

the scent has good projection and to me is not subtle or whispy. it keeps going strong for about 8-10 hours. a quite powerful scent and only ever so slightly powdery. as it begins to dry down, is reminds me of scented drawer liners and violet soap. and vaguely generic in its modernity.

though rather beautiful, this is not for me. too "modern woman" smelling.
unfortunately i was expecting a vintage style violet scent, judging by the bottle, the name and where it is marketed. this is definitely a 2012 vintage!

* as a footnote: this massively reminds me of Stella eau de toilette. all i can put this down to are the shared notes of citrus and amber. but because of this relation, i can't help thinking that there is rose and/or freesias in the mix. but that might be my brain making the association ?

So, i do believe that people who enjoy Stella EDT, dainty transparent violets and something "modern" and "easy to wear", might like this!

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is a berry infused violet. I like it very much. It's as sweet as the forest fairies that surround it. I am very much enjoying wearing it on this Holiday Season snow day. Very purple and fairy tale-ish powdery little perfume. Something out of the nutcracker suite...

This is dusty plum violet colored fairydust...

christianne1
christianne1

Nice and subtle but very pleasant. The Historiae EDTs that I have tried are very light and airy, almost like a natural scent you would smell from a gentle spring breeze coming through a window. They are a wisp of a fragrance without seeming weak or faulty, it is clear they were designed that way. Violette Imperiale is gentle violet floral, with a touch of fruit on an ever so slightly woody and musky base. As described by a perfume blogger, these fragrances are like a watercolor of scent.

Historiae fragrances are mostly only available at prestigious French historic sites and only during certain times of the year but they are sold in a few select other countries. They are quite exclusive and are made entirely in France and with certified fair trade essential oils and other natural ingredients.

Violette Imperiale is the only one from the Historiae collection not created by Bertrand Duchaufour. It is a lovely fragrance suitable for spring and warmer months.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Historiae Violette Imperiale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Historiae Violette Imperiale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violette Imperiale by Historiae. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violette Imperiale by Historiae represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.