Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme Hugo Boss for women

Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme Hugo Boss for women
dislike

Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme Hugo Boss for women Pictures

Hugo Boss launches Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme in summer 2014, which belongs to the same line as Boss Nuit from 2012, Boss Jour from 2013 and Boss Nuit Intense from 2014. The fragrance comes in a package of the same design as the predecessors; the bottle and box are colored in soft shades of pink this time. The fragrance is announced by epithets of feminine, strong and independent.

"Hugo Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme was inspired by the independent spirit of a woman as she pauses to indulge in the simple moments in life; a walk home at dawn, the sun on her skin, the touch of a flower. It is in these moments, when truly treasuring life, that the Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme woman is her most captivating, exuding a glow of femininity and confidence.”

The composition is described as a fresh, indulging and unique. It consists of three parts called “modernity”, "femininity” and "confidence”. Modernity is featured in top notes of cactus flower and its green freshness. Femininity is depicted with the heart of pink freesia, jasmine and delicate rose buds. The base of warm woods and cedar embodies confidence.

The face of the campaign is Gwyneth Paltrow. The fragrance is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Cactus Flower

Mimosa

Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

Cassiano
Cassiano

After launching Boss Nuit (in 2012) and Boss Jour (in 2013), the brand decided to launch a new fragrance within this pillar, which praises the strong and independent side of women. Then, in June of 2014 Boss Ma Vie Pour Femme arrived in the market and was inspired by the flower of the cactus, a plant that resists to the most diverse situations and temperatures, very adaptable and that can generate big flowers.
This symbol of endurance and adaptability also served as inspiration for the concept of this fragrance, which speaks about women in their brief pauses during the day, when they can enjoy small moments of life, such as running through the park, a walk back home after a heavy day, a coffee in the middle of the afternoon, etc.

Boss Ma Vie has cactus flower at the top of the olfactory pyramid, followed by a floral bouquet of freesia and jasmine, as well as rose buds, on a cedar base. It is a very nice green floral that has a succulent flower smell, when applied on the skin, as well as the cactus, which retains liquid inside and, if cut, drops a white and milky sap. This is Boss Ma Vie pour Femme!

On my skin the freesia is dominant, with its floral and green aspect mingling with the scent of rose buds - still too young to bloom - reinforcing the green scent even more. The creamy part comes from the jasmine and the fragrance behaves linearly, with little evolution from start to finish. The projection is good at first, but it ends up without much fanfare. In my opinion, it is weaker than the projection of Boss Nuit and, especially, than Boss Jour. However, the durability was the same, leaving a light and floral perfume over the applied areas.
Particularly, I prefer the fragrance of Boss Jour, but Boss Ma Vie is usually the most praised by the female audience when it comes to this trio released by Hugo Boss. It is worth remember that there are currently other flankers in the market, such as the Intense versions and the limited editions called Runway Editions.

Finally, it remains to be said that Boss Ma Vie has the same bottle, with soft pink paint, in addition to Eau de Parfum concentration, as well as the previous fragrances. Again, Gwyneth Paltrow was the face, wearing a black tuxedo by Hugo Boss and reinforcing the stereotype of the independent woman.

raiza1990
raiza1990

This is a "pretty lady" perfume and is not very original, B U T, i like it. Like others have said, the cactus flower really makes a difference adding a touch of freshness, modernity and joy to the composition. It was an excelent choice to add the cactus flower instead of a citrus fruit.
My only wish would be for this note to be strong during the whole development and not just the opening.
I think Boss Ma Vie is the kind of perfume that those rich ladies in mexican soap operas would wear, you know what i mean?
Would i buy it? No, because it is not my cup of tea, but it is a good perfume and if i were gifted it, i would wear it without problems. I also think it would make a good gift, specially for classy young and down-to-earth women.

senalica
senalica

Initially this is amazing - just the right balance of sweet, sour and bitter notes, the cactus flower adds originality to the whole composition, makes it intriguing. The aroma is optimistic, modern and tasteful - indeed a beautiful combination. The only disappointment for me is that in the drydown it becomes powdery. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, since powdery notes really dominate and stand out on my skin, but the powdery note makes the aroma lose it's freshness. Too bad, since I really enjoy the inital minutes of this perfume.

geanina_gandac
geanina_gandac

This perfume has an elegant flacon design with a soft pink color.It is an excelent perfume.Floral notes are very well combine with wood notes.Althrough the cactus is not a friendly flower its blossom smells like heaven.Boss Ma Vie it's all about cactus blossom from the beginning till the end.And you have to wait because the longevity is pretty good.
Ma Vie is one of my favourite with warm,classy and lovely smell.It gives you confidence,power and courage-it's all about your feminine status.

charlieanjel
charlieanjel

When I put it on my wrist, the first sniff smelled like Versace Bright crystal to me. I think this one is more "crispy". Very feminine, light fragrance, it would suit a beautiful pregnant woman in summer.

ShroomRavioli
ShroomRavioli

I love nuit and jour so it was obvious I'd love this one too. It is probably my favourite of the bunch, amazing, beautiful but not too common.

sabrina.vanacker
sabrina.vanacker

I can't put a season on this one, but i grab it often. Its a nice floral scent with fresh notes in it. People ask what i wear if i got it on so its working great on me. Bottle is nice to, it pink and girly. Fits nice in my bag to.
Its my kind of scent, so big fat yes to this one.

craftymaya
craftymaya

Beautiful unusual scent! It opens a bit fizzy, but settles down very quickly in something fresh, floral, gorgeous. The cactus is present all the way, it is soft, interesting, captivating! Love it! When it comes to perfumes, I am hard to please and I must confess this one is lovely and a must try!

Joanna92
Joanna92

This scent is so bright and fresh. A perfect spring/summer scent. The cactus feels citrusy, and the flowers are light and lovely, not too heavy - but still I's a flowery scent rather than fruity. The sillage is quite weak, it stays close to the skin which makes it perfect for work. A new summer favourite for me!

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

It's a fresh scent. I definitely can sense cactus note which is so unusual to me and so amazing! It's a very nice fragrance.

Bebe70
Bebe70

I've just tested it.
Ma Vie is sweet and a little sour at the same time. The drydown leaves the impression of a fine powder and this is absolutely lovely! That's the strongest point of quality here.
It is an elegant and extremely feminine perfume, not overpowering, that can be easily worn day or night, winter or summer. And the packaging is just wonderful! A real gem in your bedroom, ladies.
I think it would be very hard not to love this one.
Bravo, Hugo Boss!

Madrona
Madrona

Amazingly cold and fresh. Rosy cucumber water. Crisp yet soft and beautiful. I can definitely smell the cactus, it has this aloe vera-like character that is very soothing. I think the packaging is woefully inappropriate though.

perfumepourfemme
perfumepourfemme

I love this fragrance so much, it's feminine and soft. Imagine rose petals folded in freshly washed linen sheets, I also smell Turkish delights... maybe from Turkish rose? Sadly the longevity is disappointing, 3 hours of rosy freshness, then it remains close to the skin. It's beautiful nonetheless. I wear it to the office.

vidal.agustina
vidal.agustina

Just added it to my collection. I think it smells great and is not overpowering. Very femenine and a different floral from the ones I have tried before. Not long lasting thou.

beatrix75
beatrix75

Casuall fragrance for all occasions ,very flowery powdery fresh soapy perfume ! I like it a lot it's kind off modern feminine frag not that sweet vanilla or that citrusy smell no ,it's just the beautiful blending of flowers and powdery soapy smell ! Good choice for women's if they want something light but sophisticated .

lulami
lulami

This is a really beautiful perfume, in my opinion one of the best florals ever created and yes it has all of the three characteristics: it's modern and feminine and confident but it is also one with the poorest longetivity. I was really tempted to buy this one and I sprayed it on my wrist to test it but after not even ten minutes the scent was gone and I couldn't smell anything. It's such a pity because the perfume is really lovely, but they forgot this important detail and seriously I don't feel like spending all that money, because one thing's for sure -this pefume doesn't come cheap either, on a scent that is completely gone in such a little time. Let's hope they find a way to improve the longetivity problem.

@madaboutplastic
The intense version was just released... Hopefully this would fix the longevity issue.

madaboutplastic
madaboutplastic

Irresistible and reminds me of Enchanteur Perfumed Talc. Smell is consistent from start till dry. Very tempted to buy. But sales assistants from various shops reminded that it is super not lasting especially if I want to use it at gym.

Tried it on my hand and it lasted max 3 hours. Powder floral tone friendly to all. However does not help to give an identity. Please advise if anyone knows of perfume with similar fragrance that lasts forever.

gamme82
gamme82

Oh my..... This is a fresh breath of spring, its winter now here, and its so uplifting and energetic. Its just beautiful. And it was kind of a blind buy just by reading the comments in here, I stubbled upon and extremely tempting offer. And I bought it right on The spot.
Its soft and yet remarkable. Love it.

tunya
tunya

Nice everyday floral. No frills but it is soft and unoffensive. Doesn't last too long on the skin though.

saashaas
saashaas

I wear this on days when I want to be productive and kick ass. This makes me feel like superman but with heels.

Antares811

@dina, thank you, dear, it's a pity because it's a lovely floral scent.

Tracb
Tracb

I love this perfume, fresh and clean and expensive, id wear in the evening as is classy and pretty and strong without being over bearing i cant stand really strong heady scents, this is amazing.

dina

I love this simple concoction, it's fresh, uplifting and so soft and feminine...

I actually purchased samples of the 3 boss(es): Jour, Nuit and Ma Vie... The first two were quite nice but that's it... As for Ma vie, ever since I smelled it, I kept on thinking what is that nostalgic feel I get from it? And I finally realized, it's a softer version of Panache by Lentheric... A perfume, we used to wear my mum and I, flacon after flacon, when I was 10/11 y.o. So I had to have it... every time I wear it, I just get back in time, to those carefree, beautiful years of my life :)

The perfume is rather floral though I get a peachy note at the very beginning but just for a very short period of time; don't get the rose at all, though...

@Antares: I guess it's the cactus note that may give it a masculine hint... I had the same problem with Avon Today, which had a prominent cactus note, but luckily this didn't happen with Ma vie.

Ma vie you bring me lots of joy...
You're going to be in my wardrobe "pour la vie".

1nov
1nov

it smell's like an expensive soap . I like it . it's a day scent , good for work .

Antares811

Fresh and flowery in the opening, the drydown is quite masculine for my tastes.

arwa hussein
arwa hussein

I Adore this fragrance its clean fresh high class <3

anapardo81
anapardo81

Nothing special really with this one. There is a slight sharp smell. Probably the mix of wood and green with the fresh spicy. I spray it every so often trying to figure out why I bought this. Like my experience with several Hugo Boss fragrances this one disappears pretty quick. I think I am throwing this in my gym bag and using it to freshen up before my work out. It's not offensive, it's just there. It's not delicious,soft, exhilarating, even fresh. I don't hate it, but I don't care for it either.

alfa.lázcares
alfa.lázcares

To me the begining is very fresh and kinda floral. I loved that first spray and the first few minutes. But not long after that it starts to settle and in me it becomes powdery. I can smell some spice in the background but it is mostly powdery and a tad sweet. First time I tried it, it dissapeared in a couple hours. Second time it is still there after about 6 hours but very close to the skin and very softly. It is quite femenine but I would not consider this a "fresh" scent.

mattie
mattie

I had a huuuuge crush on this perfume from the first second I smelled it. Elegant yet playful, floral with a sweet finish on my skin but nevertheless really fresh, it quickly became my #1 perfume. I don't know what's so special in this combination of cedar and flowers, but I'm addicted to it. It's the only perfume I wear even for sleeping! Previously, I was used to wear strong, eccentric scents, which I thought would highlight my personality. But I was wrong - going for something more quiet such as Ma Vie was really a good idea, since I'm more comfortable wearing it and I was also complimented for the first time!!!
I hope you'll feel the same way for a perfume as I do for this one. It was love at first sight! :)

boracaybride
boracaybride

I loved this at first spray but it became very faint in under a half hour and was completely gone in under an hour. I even sprayed twice on the same arm the next time I tried it just to be sure but that, too, disappeared quickly. I was so disappointed since I wanted to love this. Does anyone know of something similar that is longer lasting?

Elmyra
Elmyra

The initial spray is intriguing, a little flowery and there is a hint of fruit. Then it changes drastically - into a lemon scent, and i mean pure lemon, and just remains that way throughout.

On me it turns a bit masculine, and quite linear, all i get is citrus, lemon in particular, which isn't even on the notes pyramid.
Its maybe the cactus...giving it this weird lemony essence.

Interesting enough fragrance, but i probably wont be spending money on it. I much more love some other Hugo Boss women scents, quite a lot in fact.

Ma Vie would be quite nice for summer i suppose, as it is extremely fresh, as fresh as it gets.
Definitely try it if you especially enjoy unisex perfumes and colognes, fresh, soapy, and if you are after the just-out-the-shower feeling :)

Ma Vie, to me, is similar to the new JLo eau de Glow, quite similar to CK One-only less fruity, and very similar to CK Eternity in the drydown.
Also reminds me very much of Estee's White Linen, and even more so - Pure White Linen.

Ive stated these notes in the 'reminds me of' category...which ive carefully thought out...
but it probably wont remind everyone of these same scents, so feel free to agree or disagree :)

daniela.cimbáková
daniela.cimbáková

At the beginning very pleasant floral scent, mainly rose, after 30 minutes for me unbearable citrus smell, almost like a lemon.
Not for me.

lkha37
lkha37

I reach for this quite often for office use. It's fresh and floral but the cactus gives it something a little different. It's quite subtle when compared to the loud fruitcholis and sweet gourmands that seem to be favoured nowadays but you will be able to smell it on yourself. Overall a big like.

Anthaval
Anthaval

I would have much more scent if I only shower with my favorite BS shower gel in the morning.
It's too simple and weak for me, plus one hated woman's signature fragrance...

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Oh, this is a wonderful fragrance!! It is very special in its own simplicity.

I find Ma Vie to develop rather quickly (shy of 1 hour) from the fresh, green opening and prominent heart of rose and freesia to the more long lasting base notes of woods and cedar.

Although the opening and heart of green freshness and flowers make it seem like yet another of those generic, universally likeable scents upon first sniff, this fragrance is sure to show its truly unique nature as soon as the soft, creamy base comes out.

The cedar here is sweeter and less tangy than in most other fragrances, and the woods are wet and delicate: this makes for an almost gourmand effect, with the woods having a ripe, fruity quality to them.

I find this effect to be so unique, as in most fragrances woods lead the way to much warmer, more earthy / spicy / oriental type fragrances.

Ma vie lasts all day long as a gorgeous feminine, delicate and sensual, wet fragrance on me while sitting close to the skin - it is daytime appropriate while having enough sophistication to it for evening wear.

Josi293
Josi293

OH MY! This scent is heaven! I smelled it when I was on vacation last summer in London Heathrow as it was a Heathrow exclusive perfume at that time. This scent is simply amazing. It hits you with the cleas floral citrus scent and changes into a woody scent.
Will definitely buy it in the near future.

jodes.eddy
jodes.eddy

Bought this today- initial notes are very citrusy and green to me then the floral has become more prominent and now after about 40 mins I can smell creamy woods coming through. There's no powder forme and only a hint of rose.. The longer I leave it... the more I like it. Its subtle and lovely- im not usually a huge floral fan but this is balanced out nicely by green and cedar. No show stopper but still a lovely easy to wear spritz!

Eivi
Eivi

I sprayed it on my wrist few days ago, because I have heard so many good things about Ma Vie. The first sniff was - meh - okay, let it settle, maybe it'll get better. But hours went by and all I could smell was citrus-soapy smell that started to make me feel sick. Really very weird combo that just does not work. Usually I like Boss scents, but this one is definitely no go for me

Megamind
Megamind

It starts with a subtle and fresh opening of freesia and roses. The beginning seems light and unnoticeable but it develops on skin with a time becoming better and better. So be patient. It's a kind of fragrance impossible to evaluate on a paper strip as you'll have only a week shadow of it's real character.
Middle notes are green-rose and a little bit citrusy with a distinguishable resonating sour note. This sour exotic note is quite unusual and different from what you would usually expect from citrusy kind of fragrance. It surely comes from cactus plant properties giving a particular character to Ma Vie. The exotic note endures in the dry down along with a pleasant silky cashmere and white woody baseline. I rarely see such a perfect for my taste smooth wood base in fragrancies.
It's an enchanting perfume with a distinct character but very feminine at the same time. Perfect for day wear in autumn or in early spring.
Quite good lasting power.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

This is very nice, I feel a lot of citruses at the start, but I don't see it listed at the notes. Strange...

Berith
Berith

At first it smells like a combination of citrus and florals. Love it. Softly it transfers in this light fresh air with a hint of fruit, but not so much. The air stays all day around me even the next morning. The base of the fragrance is soft, fresh, musky and above all like a second skin so lovely. My new favorite for the rest of the year. Wearable for spring, summer and fall!

ladyone1
ladyone1

At the moment I am a huge fan of floral fresh light perfumes so I got this one last week. Very long lasting!

HrStoyanova
HrStoyanova

Soft, floral and fresh, rose appears on my skin. I think will be perfect for daily wear. Don't last long on me - after 3-4 hours I don't smell it anymore...
In general-like it, suitable for spring/summer months.
Cute bottle indeed:)

missafrica

Hurray.... got the coffret in the 'after Christmas sale' at Boots.... so have the body wash, body lotion and the fragrance. Smells utterly divine... since my first whiff of this fragrance I knew I had to have it. I have not been disappointed. Thoroughly divine!!

witawitski
witawitski

A nice soft fragrance. Love that kick of lemon or citrus at the very beginning (I smelt no cactus flower at all, although I am not complaining), a simple yet gorgeous and memorable bottle. The flowery smell and spiciness are just perfect to give an interesting oomph at the start of my day with a subtle and graceful wooden scented skin after a few hours. Only wished it stayed a bit longer...then this one would be flawless.

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I adore this fragrance, a new one to my collection. Really fresh and floral. Almost slightly lemony on me which is odd considering it doesn't contain lemon. This is the perfect day time spring scent. Soft, wearable and perfect for daily use.

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

This fragrance reminds me of pine more than anything. Definitely the scent of rain in a clearing of a forest in May time and the sun shines. You are dazzled by how strongly floral it all is but after two minutes you get that warm green scent wafting up filling your senses of Spring and all you want to do, in that clearing, is become Eve...

Yes, this reminds of a certain time in my life when I was tempted to do such things but the spell this scent weaves maybe subtle but it can evoke emotions. Just like warm spring rain can inexpeclibably make people want to dance!

You just need to close your eyes, pause time, and remember when you wanted to be Eve ...

moyra27
moyra27

Really nice! This scent reminds me of Cacharel Amor Amor (maybe because of the rose/jasmine/cedar?)

Mareseis
Mareseis

I love every minute of this perfume. It's sweet, fresh and lingers all day long.

milkylou
milkylou

I really liked this floral perfume, very feminine and elegant but suitable for all ages I'd think. A happy scent.

missafrica

I have sampled this and it is DELICIOUSLY fragrant on my skin. Have to have it... I feel a box set coming on even before Christmas. It's luxurious, totally feminine and gorgeous and I have to have it. Simple!

Digital
Digital

Quite pleasant, light floral on paper. On my skin unfortunately it ended up as a very dry powdery smell. Similar dry powder effect I have got from Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola and JSP Lovely.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Pleasant light fragrance but nothing special...
Not for sophisticated bold personalities...

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

This is sharp, bland and unpleasant. Smells like some industrial solution, wooden furniture and cheap air freshener. Pink fresh flowers? You must be kidding me...

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

Fresco, porém suave e tem silagem duradoura/ coloco de manhã
e no fim do dia está em minha pele deixando as notas que ficam ao fundo amadeirada; é como uma manhã em Paris/ é um perfume para a noite mas, o uso durante o dia e fica perfeito/ todos comentam!!

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

I tried it thanks to a sample and I think it's not bad at all. Soft and delicate, perfect for an everyday use:)

Dawndelights

This would make lovely perfume to wear for a wedding or for a weekend walk in the park or coutryside dressed in leather or suede boots, denim skirt and floral shirt with pearl jewellery. Making time to smell the roses.
The perfume safe....but beautiful and pretty....fresh but not too much.....no vanilla but a creamy a smoothness to it......very slight pepperyness or spiceness....kinda romantic and happy fragrance. I would not call myself a floral lover until i found this perfume. BEAUTIFUL. ...PINK.....ROMANTIC FLORAL

Bublegum
Bublegum

I have got a sample of this few days ago. Well, too bad that I delayed the review some days that now I don't even recall how this perfume was. This means that it isn't something unique. I will have to agree that it is kind of a generic floral. I wouldn't spend my money on it if I was searching for a unique scent. It fits better at summer and spring I have to agree, but it gave me a headache though. Both sillage and longevity are moderate.

yidansheng
yidansheng

The floral combination is really nice: extra-feminine freesia plus ultra-feminine rose petal make a super elegant lady perfume. Though it doesn't last so long but that won't be the problem, just wear it at casual hang-outs or when spending some family time.

Frida77
Frida77

Luscious! That was my first thought. Yum! My second thought. Ma Vie is not exactly extraordinary, but it is wonderful nonetheless. It reminds me of Emporio Armani Lei, though a little less sharp and just a bit more floral. It is soft, smooth, feminine, sensual ... Suitable for all ages and all occasions. The smell does not stand out but is quite unique anyway, somehow. I feel excited, a little sexy, calm and at ease when I smell Ma Vie on my wrist. I got a free sample at Ma Vie but I can probably think of buying a bottle of it, even though I'm actually not a (women) Boss fragrance fan. The scent sits in a long time but it is not particularly strong. It is nice!

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

A generic fruity floral fragrance. Not bad... but already forgotten

Nanami
Nanami

I got a sample. Feels very femenine, easy to wear, fresh, carefree, delicated and soft, ... I can imagine a woman wearing it on special confident dates and important events.
Feels classy, elegant, and mediterranean too.
Is not a perfume I would use (not my style) but I like it, smells really lovely, I'll recommend it to my friends.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

I got a sample at Store when they were revealing this new flanker. First I was skeptical bc I didn't like the boss nuit/jour.. so Ok I accepeted and brought it home. Nice surprise!! :) I couldn't believe it was a so nice fresh-floral (has not too much rose so it goes well with my skin chemistry, yeiii!), somehow it reminded me of my old signature scent CK IN2U maybe bc of the cactus flower, if you liked that you will love this too! :)
It's easy to wear but not generic, a young lady sophistication scent, shyness but attractive, daytime fragrance no doubt. It's happiness in a bottle, the color can absolutely transmit all it's energy! Give it a try ;)

Ma Vie is a bright green floral, very very pretty! I like it a lot, it gives off a smell of pink grapefruit , but it isn't fizzy grapefruit, nothing bitter it is musky but in a fresh dewy way if that makes sense..I feel this is the most interesting of the flankers , just smells so attractive, I love the cactus flower, it is smooth, and velvety without being too floral..it has a classy feminine vibe , yet it is smooth , and luminous, just nicer than I expected!!!
So glad I bought it!! Easy to wear but not common.
I just can't find ANY similarity at all with Alien which packs a punch compare to the delicate smooth and uplifting aura of Ma Vie.

Dawndelights

This starts off fresh and green, then it turns like creamy smell, then I get a very gentle slightly powdery rose, it's not the same from start to finish, and it makes me think of the colour of pink so it suits the colour of the bottle

polkadot27
polkadot27

I sprayed this in Debenhams today on my wrist and instantly categorized this as a boring floral scent. I wasn't impressed with it when I initially sprayed, as all I could detect was grapefruit and bergamot. However, on getting home and smelling my wrist, I must say I am pleasantly surprised and rather impressed with this one. It is actually a rather beautiful, dewy fragrance. It is a long lasting fragrance that builds up over time , becoming deeper and more sophisticated.
I'm just going to put it out there now and say it is very similar to Thierry- alien, in no way the same intensity or silage though. Also alien is very musky, this is simply powdery, no musk which is also why this one is more feminine. Now, I know a lot of people get offended and refuse to accept that any fragrance can imitate or come close to being similar to alien in scent. But, for me, this one does. It may just be my skin scent, who knows, but for me this sparks up an instant recognition of alien in my mind. Aliens deep, dewy juicy purple smell is present in this fragrance. The difference is this one is sweeter and the rose sort of powders it off... making it less sharp and strong in comparison to alien. It must be the sandalwood and jasmine in both fragrances that are making them similar. As I said at first this fragrance is another bland floral, but after an hour or two those base notes become prominent and that's when it starts to get interesting & beautiful.
I really enjoy this fragrance in my opinion it is the sweeter yet softer more powdery version of alien, that just requires a little time to warm up- this is what is so charming this is the shyer, more reserved, patient version that takes its time to warm up and that appeals to me.
I love the colour of the bottle, the pastel pink is the perfect shade and matches the scent inside well. I think the cactus gives this scent its individuality as I haven't smelt such notes before. There is a ripeness and green freshness to this fragrance that prevents it from going stale, which I can only put down to the cactus.
Anyway yeah this fragrance gets off to a rusty if not bland start, but it is definitely an underdog because it is really quite something once it settles.
I imagine outspoken, unique yet ultimately feminine women wearing this who happen to hide such traits behind a reserved, shy, girl next door, public persona. I think of that song 'I feel pretty, yeah, yeah, yeah' when I wear this. I hope to purchase this soon. I love it and I find it pretty and different yet familiar all the same, which makes it very charming indeed.

Oh an after thought, I have just noticed it has hazelnut undertones!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I like this better than Boss Jour which was a bit dull. Although Ma Vie couldn't be described as a knockout fragrance, it would be ok to wear for work etc. Smells like pink grapefruit at first

Update....tried again, love it and will buy!!

This is a strong floral fragrance. I think base notes are quite bearable but I wouldn't turn my attention to this one because at first sniff it suffocated me with strong floral notes.
Maybe it's the cactus flower I cannot enjoy, because freesia is one of my favorite notes in perfumes.
Also, it's quite green, but I guess it's one of those green fragrances I can't enjoy.
PS! At least the bottle is cute!

Nice, but nothing extraordinary. On my skin it is soft floral, little soapy, but acceptable. I think it's a good example of fragrance that suits office job perfectly. I don't think that anyone would be bothered if you wore it.

mots
mots

This is actually really nice! The other Boss's were a let down, but this is fresh, modern and the soft pink color of the bottle suits it somehow.
Again I keep sniffing my wrist as i write. I really am liking it and even though it doesn't scream at you, it still manages to be quite unique to me.

Actually the description given for it "modernity", "femininity" and "confidence" fits it perfectly.
But "the walk home at dawn" part - why would Hugo Boss want to put the walk of shame into their commercial for what should be a classy fragrance? Ha ha

Medi
Medi

This is in fact really good. The schent is very simular to Laura, Laura Biagiotti that is an old fav of mine. Casuall perfume for all occasions. Nice bottle as well. One is going to be mine some day.

mayke
mayke

I do like it, but it's quite unisex on my skin. And after about an hour it kind of smells like salon shampoo to me. So I wouldn't buy it, and it's nothing very special, but it's okay.

jessbug
jessbug

I tried this today on a paper strip, so this review is not the most comprehensive. But if I'm perfectly honest, I don't think Ma Vie is going to inspire novel-length odes to its majesty anyway.

It's nice. It's a clean soft floral with a bit of freshness to it. Like svosmaer said, inoffensive and office-appropriate. I wish I could've smelled something new and interesting in the cactus blossom note, but all I got was nondescript floral with a hint of citrus. Nice enough, but not worth the full price.

I also don't see anyone buying this just to own the bottle; the pink body with the transparent cap look a bit cheap and tacky to me... Even Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't seem that excited about Ma Vie in the ads.

A halfhearted swing and a miss, Hugo.

svosmaer
svosmaer

This is a very likeable, inoffensive scent. Perfectly suitable for office wear.