Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Pleats Please Issey Miyake for women

Pleats Please Issey Miyake for women
dislike

Pleats Please Issey Miyake for women Videos
Pleats Please Issey Miyake for women Pictures Pleats Please Issey Miyake for women Pictures Pleats Please Issey Miyake for women Pictures

Issey Miyake brings out a new women's fragrance in September 2012. Pleats Please – “the perfume that moves you” – is named after the signature fashion collection of pleated materials and bright colors that follow movements of the body, first introduced in 1993. This fragrance returns to fashion inspiration, pop culture and Japanese tradition of the house.

Pleats Please is a joyful, optimistic and exuberant fragrance of "vertically pleated" flowery, fruity and woody structure signed by perfumer Aurelien Guichard. Its opening splashes with Asian hybrid fruit Nashi, generated by crossing apples and pears (pear flavor is the one that dominates). The heart symbolizes femininity with floral accords of peony and sweet pea, while Indole molecule provides freshness and vigor to the composition. The base is generous with intensive accords of patchouli, cedar, vanilla absolute and white musk.

The design of the bottle follows the design of the Bio Bag from the Pleats Please collection, decorated with the cap made as a stylized white flower. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with additional body lotion and deodorant spray.

Pear

Peony Sweet Pea Indole

Patchouli Cedar Vanilla Absolute White Musk

Pleats Please Eau de Parfum
Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013

Pleats Please Fragrance Reviews

_christine_
_christine_

Pleats Please is simply not for me. This fragrance comes across like a hug from the overly perfumed ladies at my grandma's country club. It's not bad. It's just a particular genre of fragrance that is not my preference.

After the pear top note dies off, I find the florals sharply overwhelming for the first hour. The one-two punch of sweet pea and peony are just too much. The heart note could have used something to soften it - some vanilla, some woods, something. Dry down is lighter and less exhausting, not because the florals fade (they don't!), but because there are other notes which make the floral less of a punch in the face.

Pleats Please is not bad or cheaply made, but too much for me. If you're knocking back G&Ts with the other aging trophy wives talking about who to select for the debutante ball, then this may be your perfect scent.

Soofiya
Soofiya

After reading it's reviews I decided that I'd love it but yesterday when I tested it,well I was pretty dissapointed
Very light and soft musky peony,whitefloral combo was my overall experience of it.I couldn't go through it's development since it was too light to be noticed among all other scents in a perfume shop but at the end of the day I could feel a shadow of lovely clean scent shining on my skin,right at the point I've sprayed this one
I think it's one of those perfumes that I have to blindbuy so that I can have plenty of time to observe it's development and start to like it
All in all I'm very interested in pleats please line.I have the purple one and I like it.green one seems lovely too.I see them all as lovely florals,great for spring.easy to wear but not boring
BTW,I'm shocked to see their prices in foreign sites.their much more pricey here,and as usual their not available in 1oz size

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

A blind buy, and so glad I have this in my collection. I love the smell of Sweet Peas, so this is a winner for me.
At first spray, it opens with pink peony and pear, and when I first wore it I was disappointed because I thought I had been had, that no sweet pea was in this, just purely pear and floral, and although it was beautiful floral I was disappointed because I have so many floral, it was Sweet Pea I was searching for.
So carried on throughout my day.....2 hours later whilst at work, I caught a whiff of myself and thought I smelled gorgeous, and whats this? the most wonderful sweet pea smell that took me back to my younger days at school when we had the sweet-pea school festival. Yes I have sweet pea and it is truly glorious, and though it was late to the party, it stays right until the end. Pleats Please lasts a long time on my perfume devouring skin, and for an EDT its truly amazing....we're talking 10-12 hours here! My bottle is a 50ml as it was a blind buy, but it is on my christmas wish list, and if I dont get it I will be buying myself a couple of 100ml bottles as back ups. I love it.

umsultan
umsultan

fresh clean fruity floral fragrance.

nvenus
nvenus

..! This is a fantastic fragrance! One of the most beautiul, authentic ways of remaking the scent of fresh, healthy white flowers. The distinct patchouli is too sharp in the opening but tones down after a while.
It's beautfiul from a perspective of what it's supposed to be, according to the describtion and the notes, but it might be too (white) floral for some.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

This was a blind buy, from a Fragrantica recommendation, and while it's not my thing (I'm into super sweet gooey gourmands) I do like it! It's probably not a winter perfume, but I'm wearing it in winter! ;)

It's a sweet likable floral. It's got great sillage IMO but it's NOT overpowering. It's an airy, girlie, sweet floral. Pretty average actually, but likable! And easy to wear.

I don't get any potent fruits, maybe in the very brief opening. I also don't get any patchouli or woods, or vanilla for that matter.... but maybe I haven't worn it long enough?

I get just happy florals. Since I'm not into florals, I can't really say what note stands out, or what works. I just like it. Now the EDP comes today.... haha.

I can see how it's compared to Juicy Couture- Couture, but this is way easier to wear... lighter and brighter and way less plastic/heavy.

I also don't think it's like any Elie Saab. I have all 3 Saabs: Le Parfum EDP, EDT, and Intense. Those are heavy, even the EDT. And the EDT on me is a sparkling bright citrus.

PrissyCurls
PrissyCurls

Lovely fragrance! Beautiful all the way around!!!!
Blind purchased this from Marshalls today. I've never read any of the reviews for this prior to purchasing it, but it was so cheap that I couldn't leave it in the store.
The notes are blended really well. I can detect sweet pea, pear and patchouli. The patchouli is a clean patchouli that gives the fragrance some depth. It has just the right amount of sweetness for me and it goes perfectly with my chemistry. I love it from first spray to drydown. I believe this can be worn all year round without any problems of it being too fresh.

Anyway, I love it !!!

Update---EXCELLENT LONGEVITY(8-10 HRS) AND MODERATE-SILLAGE!! This is one of the best blind buys and will definitely be getting a backup bottle!!!

worm
worm

I don't know what some others are saying about this being an "old lady" fragrance. Not that there should even be age-group designations for perfumes, but imo it feels perfect for the 25-30 set--not too sugary, not too musky. Upon first spray I'm assaulted by electric, cold, juicy pear and youthful, fresh florals. Assaulted in a delicious way. I picture a sophisticated but girlishly spirited woman in a rose-pink one-piece swimsuit hanging around the rooftop pool with her girlfriends on one of the first hot days of spring.

clara14142
clara14142

Equal parts unabashedly synthetic sweet pea and poached pear over ice, underpinned by a waft of incense. Bangkok at night. The notes are familiar but the blend is unique. It's juicy, young and is aware of its womanly allure, but in a frank and matter of fact way. Optimistic and sexy, but very much not American because it's not over the top. Brings me back to the big cities of SE Asia--luxury amidst jungle, hectic, breakneck speed of development.

scain54
scain54

Tried this at my neighbor's house, it smells lovely on her. But apparently sweet pea and I don't get along well, as I've suspected through the years. Plus, the bottle gave me nightmares!

Taliera

I have a FB of the EDT - if you are interested in doing a swap just PM me :)

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Fizzy opening, progressing into soft pink peony and pear. Lovely sweet watery juicy fragrance- spring in a bottle.

Reminds me of I am Juicy Couture- there is a similarity there. Except this has a little more tartness and pink-ness to it :)

Gave this to my mum and it smells lovely on her, sweet pea and peonies suit her personality, (she often remarks at the scent of sweet pea, I suspect this is her true olfactory signature) and it's such a bright youthful fragrance.

When I wore this I got tonnes of compliments, but fruity fragrances just aren't me, I felt a little frivolous and overly sweet in it. This actually projects more than you think it does so a little goes a long way.

Lovely bright fragrance. Bold concept while soft at the same time. Interesting juxtaposition. Great assymetrical bottle. Very good projection and longevity. Fantastic.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

About that bottle. I'm usually more focused on the perfume than the bottle so when I first got Pleats Please the bottle was my least concern. After owning it for a while I've realised that this bottle gives me an inordinate amount of pleasure when I pick it up. The way the pleats are indented in the front creates a perfect thumb grip making it a delight to hold. Sometimes I just pick it up and put it straight back down again! Several times!

About the perfume. I think it falls somewhere between Elie Saab (as do many others before me) and Moringa from The Body Shop. I like Elie Saab but it feels too "dressed up" for me. Pleats Please is more my style. It's smells fresh and laundry white. It's sweet and sparkling, a bit like a honey nectar fizzy drink. And it's got patchouli. I think there's quite a bit, more than the pyramid will let me give it.

If I ever decide to give it away someone else is going to have to pack it for me because if I pick it up I won't let it go.

Renata tang
Renata tang

Feminine and sexy, smells like a high-maintenance lady.

Mz Benie
Mz Benie

Enormous at first spray. lovely after dry down. Piece of advice; dont exceed one spray on each arm unless you plan on choking others.

Taliera

To my nose the opening is a dead ringer for Elie Saab Le Parfum (which I also own). The drydown is more fruity though. It is very likeable, and a daytime scent. I can see a relation to Lancome Poeme, but it is not identical. Sweet, but not sickly. Fruity, but not cheap. Flowery, but not overwhelming. A sophisticated floral-fruity!

Kmam
Kmam

Super sweet and synthetic (and I mean that in the best possible way) opening. Very loud and fruity. About ten minutes in, sweet pea comes out and it's quite lovely. It feels a bit safer after that; I find the base quite soft and not too musky. Nice longevity and I think the sillage could be a bit much if over applied: not everyone is going to like this one! I have a colleague that liberally sprays it, more than I ever would, and you certainly know when she's been in the room.

As a purely aesthetic aside, I love the bottle.

piahellgren
piahellgren

It´s a slightly strange and interesting scent. The beginning is VERY bright, almost harsh- I guess it´s the indole molecule? I usually find peony soft and sweet pea "dainty", so it must be the molecule. The dry-down is VERY pretty- soft, natural patchouli, a teeny bit of vanilla, the way I like it, easy-going musk and cedar, which is my favourite woody note. I enjoy this and my man really likes it- he likes everything with some patchouli! It´s got good silage and regular longevity.

anis_karma
anis_karma

I think it's almost same than Roberto Cavalli-Just cavalli. So delicious! But too similar, so I would not shop it.

aficionada
aficionada

It was my fifth fragrance by Issey Miyake, but this time I did not enjoy it. Too sweet and spicy for me. Too heady and intrusive. Definitely not my cup of tea. Like everything that I dislike it has a great staying power on my skin. Had to scrub it off. Such a pity...

annettepe
annettepe

I really enjoy this fragrance. Its a very pretty scent, very feminine. I find it a very simple and easy to wear perfume. To me it smells like straight up beautiful white flowers. Somehow it reminds me a lot of jasmine flowers, even though this note is not in the perfume. I also love sweet pea. I don't detect the fruity notes in this as I find that the florals are very overpowering. Its definitely a very sweet floral in my opinion. Lasting power is not incredible but lasts long enough on me. Overal, simple, feminine, beauty in a bottle.

gamme82
gamme82

Oh dear sweet pea, how I long for your sweet kiss:) and Well its all there in this beautiful fragrance. To my nose it has a sweet and sour composition, and its just fresh enough Without being too fruity floral. Also it has alot of depth. From The bottle cap I can smell The deep wonderful musk, after a couple of days. Pleats please also leaves me with a longing for a tropical vacation. Im deff thinking Hawaii :)
PS if you are looking for a nice dupe, then try Oh! De parfum by georges mezotti its really Excellent.

Juliana6
Juliana6

My temptation for this spring, my dazzling, fizzy, head turning pear punch.
The opening is deliciously fruity sweet (a juicy, delicious pear), sometimes I even get the scent of pear hard candies. Then the sweet pea scent comes in, and that fresh pear becomes a bit fermented on me which adds a light bitter note to all this composition, maybe few drops of some pear alcohol. I get an aromatic honey drop too and that bitterness + the honey makes me think about Elie Saab Le parfum. Of course, this perfume is lighter, more appropriate for spring/summer and every day use. But still it is not the usual, sweet, little girl perfume!
The base becomes more gourmand (could be the vanilla), warmer, more rounded. I don't get any patchouli (maybe it just adds the warmth and makes this perfume last longer) , but there's certainly some musk, which makes this perfume sensual and inviting.
I might purchase this for spring. I'm still thinking about it.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

Tested today, as it was on sale at House of Fraser. I was really tempted to buy it. I agree with nitschevo's review below, it starts very fresh and fruity, but after a little while it develops in a sweet and intense floral. The only reason why I didn't buy it, it's because I am looking for a summer scent, and I feel that this one could be suitable only for spring or a cooler summer, it might be a bit overwhelming in the heat. Good longevity for an EdT, though!

nitschevo
nitschevo

Really nice one! At the beginning it is very fruity and fresh thanks to the pear, which I love. But then it gets heavier and more floral with a sweet undertone and smells like one of the Alien flankers on me. Weird but great! Can still smell it on my jacket sleeve 2 days after testing it!

Violetta_8023
Violetta_8023

It smells like dolls, like the ones I used to get for christmas when I was a child. Really nice!

tneequeenie
tneequeenie

Oh I regret not reading the reviews before I bought this.It is a pretty, slightly floral musk. Nothing special about it, smells so familiar to Elie Saab and JC Couture Couture. It is definitely a safe bet if you like those, and it is a fraction of the cost of Saab! Office friendly,demure and safe. I just don't think it's for me.

ivyheel
ivyheel

A sweet fruity-floral. I detect similarities to Juicy's Couture Couture, but I think this most closely resembles Elie Saab Le Parfum (which is great!). That's quite amazing when you think about the fact that orange blossom is not listed in the notes...but there's definitely an orange blossom mimicker here. I like the playful spirit of this scent. Generally I am pretty bad at picking out specific fruit notes, but in this fragrance I can distinctly smell pear for a short duration after spraying.

Edit: Before I forget, the bottle reminds me of a sea anemone! :D

SmellyBliss
SmellyBliss

Holy Nose! I adore this fragrance. I recently purchased it as a blind buy and I couldn't be happier! When the weather warms up I will definitely be spritzing this on my neck, in my hair, and wrists daily.

The initial spritz screams feminine, fruity freshness. Then she calms down into this lovely, clean amalgamation of olfactory confection.

If you want girly and clean and fresh, you'll love this.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

its similar to couture couture yes, but this has more musk and i think its a better scent its more of a real perfume than cc, it stays on your clothes REALLY LONG! I have to buy this!

r0r0
r0r0

A blind buy when I was looking for a light, spring type floral. Doesn't have very good longevity or sillage to my nose, and needs more than my usual three sprays to really get the full effect.

I like vanilla, I like cedar, I like the smell of sweat peas, but I'm not sure I like this.

Underneath the smell of pear, vanilla, musk and pretty flowers there's something else, a twist of something a little dirty- but not sexy-dirty, more sick-dirty.

The perfume makes me think of a pretty, blonde girl in Victorian times; in the flush of youth, but beneath her porcelain skin and sky blue eyes tuberculosis is eating away at her lungs.

I don't hate it, and it might grow on me, but I don't think I'll repurchase if I ever use up the bottle.

ETA in 2016: It did grow on me. Smells quite a bit like musk stick lollies with a twist. Not a favourite but I've smelt a lot of perfumes I like a whole lot less, not to mention other people seem to like this on me.

Still not sure I'll repurchase if/when I run out, but I might since I like the bottle and sometimes one needs a crowd pleaser.

Also seems to last better now that I've known it a while, though perhaps that's my nose getting better.

It's sweet, but not as fresh and light as I expected. It's similar to the EDP version of this perfume.
I get a lot of vanilla, musk and patchouli from it. All very strong notes.
The sweetness is strong and cloying. Not my cup of tea.
Enormous sillage and longevity.

linzilou92
linzilou92

I received a sample of this months ago from a Feel Unique order and after wearing it just once I fell in love with it. It's refreshing and feminine scent. Just sweet enough to be pleasant without being too girly. It lasts a great time for an EDT and has great silage. I recently bought my own 50ml bottle from Amazon for a great price and I love it!

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

OLD LADY!!! Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture with extra musk >_<

EDIT:
Oh god... it's growing on me! Really quite similar to the Elie Saab (the only one I have/wear is the intense EDP) but just a little less warm, or more... sharp? Crisp? And I think it has a little more silage than the Elie Saab.
The spray on mine is really good, quite a decent amount comes out with ones spray - so today I literally just did one on my chest/scarf and went. It lasted a good hour or so.
I think it could still come across as old-ladyish to some people. But when it's on you, you can start to enjoy the gardenia/frangipani smellingness of it (I don't think those are in it... but it's the smell I get). I would expect Michael Kors to come out with something similar as well, with a bit less depth.

shushkin
shushkin

I managed to get hold of a sample and it was love at first sniff. It has all my favourite scents in there so it was kinda inevitable. I tried it a few times to test the sillage and longevity. This is the most impressive eau de toilette I have tried for sillage and longevity and believe me I have tried hundreds over the years. The opening is bright, fresh and sweet. I dont get the artificial toilet cleaner smell on my skin at all. It seems to be a hit with my oh as well. I am definitely NOT a girl but still very happy to enjoy this delightful scent. I dont think we should be ageist when it comes to perfume! If you love the scent then wear it!
I have both Just Cavalli and Elie Saab and it doesnt smell like either of them! For starters there is no sweet pea in either of them and its obvious in this!!

elda white petals
elda white petals

When l first tried this perfume l was so enthusiast about it , very fresh ,soft floral vibe and musky(love musky note)...so l put it in my wish list to buy it. The other positive things about it are the almost HEAVY sillage on me for a summer scent and very good longevity more than 6-7 hours . personally l don't like skin scents (in this period of my life)and always in summer l am searching for fresh perfumes l can smell on me during the day and this one is in this category. l was wearing it yesterday and.....something was wrong with my chemistry...WHAT HAPPENED??? Ohhhh...yes was the drydown!!!! Something in it, doesn't agree with my ph and this "something " was boring me during all the time l was wearing it...l still like the opening but in the development is not what l want ,only one note is against me ...l am still in love with L eau Florale and especially with L eau Absolue !!!!

icecube
icecube

Very potent juice - burst with sweet pea (so stands out as I have never experienced a strong and natural sweat pea note in any fragrance before).
There is a very faint musknote in the background that gives it sweatness.
Will se what developes................

Tine1world
Tine1world

Sort of a crumpled bottled look. Not the type of pleats I envisage, but being familiar with Issey's garment designs of the 90's I see where the idea came from, though personally I prefer crisp perfect pleats myself. Anyway the frgrance,

Perfect for summer. A Melbourne summer. On me the fragrance does not last long at all, an hour tops. Hint of musk at stumps. As a hint of musk after the final drydown. I probably will have to purchase the an EDP, though as a summer scent the EDT should surfice.

The fragrance reminds me of a field full of market flowers. Lovely and freshly sweet. I smell the freesia over the other notes then the musk.

I don't like the bottle cap. It;s like a fallen flower. But again I see the design principle behind the bottles design. Very reminiscent of Miyake's cumpled oversized designs of yesteryear with geisha type models. I recall the garment designs quite vividly.

But I do like this over L'Eau Issey. Even though I absolutely love the way L'Eau used to smell on me.

Cheers T.

coucoupetite
coucoupetite

This is a sweet mix of floral and fruity. More in a sweet pear diection with vanilla under. I think its more for the winter days when you crave for sweetness. I dont sense freshness nor juicy in this. But it is one of a kind and I like it after first sniff.

lirael00
lirael00

For me this one definetly has a sporty vibe to it. After first spritz I can smell fresh pears and after an hour it turns into an aromatic mandarine scent. It stays close to the skin and the lasting is moderate. I can totaly imagine wearing this while I'm jogging. Great for sport activities. Like it.

pravda48
pravda48

I agree that the opening is similar to Couture Couture, but the drydown is not. While CC retains its character, Pleats becomes more of a musk and loses the initial juiciness of the pear that's so beautiful for the first 30 mins or so.

It has very distinctive different phases, which I love. It's like 2 frags in one!

1st phase: ALL juicy pear, peony, and sweet pea
2nd: ALL patchouli and musk, only a little peony left

I don't care much for patchouli as an obvious note, so it's not for me. The 1st phase is beautiful and the 2nd is sure to please patch lovers :)

EDIT: Oh fine, it's won me over. That drydown has grown on me and now I'm craving it, lol. Also I had the pleasure of experiencing a VERY indolic scent yesterday (although it was jasmine) but still, I do not get an indole smell from this at all other than what I would naturally interpret as 'soft musk' in it.

This is like a sugary White Shoulders on my skin. I'm going to contribute that impression to the "indole" note.
Kind of a let down as I love indolic white florals. I was expecting some sort of weirdo fruity, white floral powerhouse.
Instead it's like mixing White Shoulders with baby food.

Roslaug
Roslaug

According to the notes, this scent should be right up my alley. But there's just too much sweet pea which gives the scent an overall sticky sweetness. The peony and patchouli are abscent as far as I can smell.

I personally stay clear of sweet and/or gourmand scents so this Pleats Please is not for me. However if sweetness is your thing it is well worth it to test.

yesyesyes
yesyesyes

This perfume smells like musk sticks, which is a candy we have in Australia and perhaps new zealand and the u.k.

Musk sticks are sugary sweet, soft and, you guessed it musky and whenever i spray this i remember being a kid and spending 20c on a bag of them at the milk bar and eating them all on the walk home so i didn't have to share them with my brother.

mmm delicious.

gaiatos
gaiatos

To me it doesn't smell like Elie Saab, Pleats please is very fresh and fruity but I feel like it doesn't have much "personality" in comparison with E.S. perfume.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

fruity and floral, but there is something that hits me that is kinda like cinnamon. im not sure how to describe it, but its kind of like a bitter spice. someone else said grape, and sometimes i get a grape like vibe, which i think is the pear. it smells pretty nice an hour later. i get a fruity vanilla. its kinda interesting in that its definately fruity and floral, but its like there is something i cant put my finger on that is a little bitter. while i do like this i think it may be a bit too girly for me. nice though. maybe an under 25 fragrance. spring or summer and fine for work.

my husband really likes it though.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I don't recognize any of the notes listed. For some reason this one is smoky on me... I was really expecting there being incense here, or at least vetiver :S It's also very sweet and powerful the first half an hour. To me it smells partly like a big polluted city, which might be from the indole... I actually kinda like the smell - it's quite interesting, but the musk in here makes me nauseated and there's also something in this perfume that makes my head hurt quite badly even in very low concentrations - I sprayed this (barely) on a scarf and 4 days later smelt it. The smell of the perfume was actually gone, but my head began hurting really soon after, so I had to give this one away.

Quite many compare this to Couture. I don't remember them smelling alike, more than the "dirty" feeling of both (although different dirty) :/

Elihiga
Elihiga

I had a similar experience to Lambikini's in that I was very surprised by the dry down, and couldn't reconcile the listed notes to what I could smell.

I can only describe my olfactory experience as a bit of an adventure, as from the moment I sprayed it on until half an hour later every sniff was a huge surprise - you know how the top notes usually flow onto the middle notes, which then flow onto the base notes and it's this progression that makes a fragrance what it is? Well, with Pleats Please it was a bit like walking down a street market on a bright summer day, and when you turn the corner you're facing a field in the countryside! And then you walk a bit futher, and all of a sudden it's night and dark, you're in a forest, and it's raining...

I would absolutely love this fragrance except the sillage on my skin is NULL, which I don't understand, as I could smell it on my scarf from a distance, hours after I'd worn that scarf!

regnflickan
regnflickan

This made me think of the 90-ies strange enough. It made me think of Red by Hugo Boss. I went in and looked in the description for Red and maybe it´s because they both have pear in them. But its not only that, it feels as if they are from the same era. Very flowery and for me a bit powdery as well. If people around me wore this I would not complain but it will not be on my wishing list!

den1011
den1011

My body chemistry doesn't work with this. I get rotten pears all the way. It smells very artificially sweet as well. Even people around me disliked it the few times I've worn it. This is a big no no for me.
However, a friend of mine loves it on her and it's her winter fragrance because she thinks it's really sweet.

LordD
LordD

I don’t get how anybody would think this is an innocent, girly fragrance. It is VERY sweet but in a dirty way, like over-ripe pears. Over-ripe to the point of almost being rotten. I guess that’s the indole?

Last Christmas I went to Sephora one morning and spritzed it on my wrist. The smell got stuck to the sleeve of my t-shirt and from there, to the sleeve of my jumper and my coat, so I was stuck with it the whole day. It made me feel quite sick, but I just couldn't stop sniffing my wrist.

I don’t hate it, and I would not say that I like it either, but it is strangely attractive.

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

Oh Sweet Lord!!! The drydown of this perf is sooooo sweet and different. The marriage of the pears and apple, the vanilla and musk is a new thing for me, so it was love at first sniff of the drydown. Very happy, positive, girlie vibe. I can see this becoming my signature scent except when I'm being dark and mischievous or femme fatale.

This is innocence in a bottle, floral innocence. The sweetness is not overpowering and the patchouli takes a back seat while vanilla n musk roams free. I love it. I must confess Pleats Please is my 1st romance with Miyake and it may last I fear.

Yes, I want to smell like this more often that not with just 2 or 3 spritz. Nothing overpowering cuz sillage is good and the lasting power is amazing. I'm in love.

I fear its a love or hate kinda perf. No middle ground here.

Lakambini
Lakambini

The duty-free at the airport in our city was having a massive Pleats Please promotion, so I eagerly grabbed a tester and gave myself 3-4 sprays. I was engulfed in some very sweet florals – similar to those in Armand Basi Lovely Blossom, Juicy Couture, or any of a number of contemporary pink scents that combine a floral scent with some sort of honey or syrupy accord. At that stage the fragrance didn’t impress me as a Must Buy, though I was happy to tick it off my Must Try list.

And then, about 20 minutes later, Pleats Please began to change. It became quite woody and masculine – a surprise considering I couldn’t reconcile what I smelled with the listed notes on Fragrantica. If anyone has ever tried Tesori di Oriente’s Sandalo e Vetiver, billed as a masculine … well, that’s the impression it left me with (with perhaps a bit of sweet vanilla). It was actually very exotic and strange, and I thought, Oh, how Japanese – a bit of over-reading, I know. I sprayed no other fragrance on: this was the undiluted Pleats Please. I wonder if other people have experienced it the same way.

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

Wearing this today & it is lasting wonderfully. It's a lovely floral fragrance with a warm oomph!
Look forward to the release.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

Very uplifting and joyful.
Best perfume for a long time.
On my skin, very long lasting! 8 hours and counting...

Berth
Berth

I got this as a gift today... and i didn't like it.......reminds me of something old like Red Door maybe... i also get a plastic vibe that really puts me off.

Safira
Safira

I've been massively bombarded with ads and promotions for this fragrance in the airports the last couple of months. Being an avid lover of Issey Miyake fragrances I was immediately drawn to the colourful displays, and sniffed the fragrance straight from the bottle without trying it on. Eeew! Didn't like it one bit, and didn't even bother trying it on. To me it smelled very pungent and old lady like.

The other day my mom told me she had just bought it, and really liked it - and usually our taste in perfumes aren't that different, although our chemistry is completely different, it made me try it on. Wow, what a surprise! The initial spray is still somewhat pungent and old lady like, but very soon it blossoms into a fresh, sweet smell that's kind of unique. It doesn't smell like Miss Dior og Kenzo as others have claimed. As for sillage it's pretty close to the skin and for an EDT it's rather long lasting. I think I'm a fan. :)

irenesa
irenesa

i didnt like it... smells so cheap! bad with my chemestry! too generic!

5354alice
5354alice

I get a sample of this and I decided to try it today...what can I say? in my opinion this is just sweet! I can feel just pear... this is not a memorable scent at all....very disappointing, cause I love Issey's fragrances...

kakaka2
kakaka2

This is a bright and summery scent. It starts with cheerful pear and sweet pea but unfortunately the initial delight fades away too quickly to leave almost nothing behind. I really love this perfume but longevity is too poor - 2 hours at most. I also love the musky vanilla dry down that lingers closely to skin some time more, but to me, this will not be worth a buy.

Edit of a hot summer day: At 30 degrees outside the lasting power of Pleats Please increases immensely. I enjoyed it for the most of the day and have to say that it would be a lovely summer scent.

babypoison
babypoison

this is a very sweet, sugary and girly perfume which is more suitable for younger girls. i can smell pear and sweet pea. even though i didnt get a headache from this perfume, i could totally understand why many people are complaining about it, the sweetness of this perfume can definitely be kind of overwhelming, so it is a must that you dont overspray it or to avoid it completely if you do not like such intense sweet smell.

sarage
sarage

There was a big, pink sales promotion of this perfume in the best department store in Helsinki some days ago. I also got to know Pleats Please and brought a paper tester home.
To me this perfume screams "It's spring!!" I mean, really screams it loud, a bit too loud for me to wear it. But it is beautiful, very pink and happy. I could maybe wear this in a party outdoors.
The sweet pea, peoni and pear.. what a sweet combination. There is not enough patchouli to make this my scent, to deepen the sweet notes.

This perfume creates strong images: it's like a joyful jump in the air.. but it sort of never comes down to the ground. A perfeect party scent, I think. I would never wear this at work.
I don't like the name and the bottle design.

Long lasting, heavy sillage.

cleo777
cleo777

I got a sample from Sephora and agree that it seems similar to Elie Saab (which is a good thing). I thought orange blossom at first (also a good thing) but was mistaken. Used in the tiniest of amounts, it is pleasantly pretty, but I'm not inclined to purchase as I can see myself tiring of it.

Caist
Caist

If Peonies and Asian Pears (all of them in the world) had a parade across my face..

I'd call it Pleats Please.

Pleats 'No thanks. Excuse me as I completely avoid you.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Love the commercial and I think the bottle is absolutely adorable and unique. So was eager to test the juice - and what a dissapointment . To me it is almost identical to Couture Couture by Juicy Couture. The only difference is that Pleats Please has an even stronger synthetic grape smell to it, than Couture has. Reminds me of the power woman fragrances from the 80's, my mother wore to evening parties.

Such a shame .

Spido
Spido

It seems my impression of it is totally different from others here. On me this smells powdery, creamy talc, a very mature smell that I associate with my aunt/women in their 50'ies. Sort of elegant, comfy, but not at all fresh.`It is not me at all.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

I know this has no grapes listed. Though if you're looking for a dark kool aid sort of smell you found it. This one is pure grape and fun!!!!

jerzygrill
jerzygrill

I am surprised to see such negative comments about this lovely fragrance. While it is not typical of Issey Miyake, I find Pleats, Please to be a delightful, warm, concoction with a certain dignity belied by its name. I would heartily recommend this distinctive scent.

wind83
wind83

I wear it today, it is pear alot. Long lasting, alittle bit musky, warm. Well unfortunatelly i 'm not like the smell pear a lot.

I think it is good for the office hour.

7.5/10

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

I was expecting anew legendary perfume from Issey Miyake like L'eau de issey. Finally I tried this one in Douglas. I found it just an ordinary floral perfume, nothing special, and I found it very similar to the Victoria's secrets' perfume style , pink colored liquid with synthetic fragrances in a strange bottle.

Fizzy
Fizzy

It is La vie est Belle from Lancome without the masculine note for me. If you like La vie est belle but find it to sharp, it would be probably a good, sweet alternative for it. It is fruity, orangey and HEAVY with super silage.

Airelle
Airelle

Just came to say that it is Saab's younger brother. just more sour in the end, but Violerose said it first.

violetrose
violetrose

not strong on the fruity side, flowery, musky, a hint of elie saab. i like it alot! x

benpaul12
benpaul12

Too strong and not a well balanced composition. I find it too heavy on the peony.

I also feel it's marketed toward a young market and strong single floral note perfumes don't really work that well for that age group (or I haven't found one that does).

Feminine yes, but harsh and a little too elderly.

A miss from Issey.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Totally wasn't expecting what I smelled, I was expecting something lighter, not that it's heavy, I just was more focused on the sweet pea note && expected something like the B&BW Sweet Pea... any who what you have is a pretty fruity floral with a touch of sweetness w/o being overly sweet. I'm not certain if I really got the comparison to JC'S CC...It was a quick test, but I'm sure it might have an undertone that's reminiscent I'll have to revisit it. I got a brightness from it that makes it perfect for the spring & summer months && it's sweetness makes it fun && youthful. It's deff. worth the try I think most will enjoy it if they're in search for a new break of spring && summer scent. I know they have 3 diff versions of this out && who needs another flanker right, but I'm interested to see a whole line...I love that bottle && I think it be nice in a light green color..."Pleats Please L'eau" or maybe even a winter version or like a "Pleats Please Noir" with a black cap...Idk lol, is it noticeable I want to be a designer && create scents...haha go give it a try! :)

Overall: 9/10

yousoldtheworld
yousoldtheworld

I am not a fan of this scent. I find it heavy on the peony and florals, which is fine if you enjoy those notes, but they don't work for me. I rarely like anything with noticeable peony. It smells very old fashioned and heavy to me, like something my great grandma would have worn.

The bottle is cute, though!

nabegum
nabegum

Just one spray on my clothes and it lasts and lasts. It smells wonderful at the beginning but after a while I started getting a headache due to the muskiness of the perfume.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

Wow!!! I was totally not expecting to like this perfume. I tried it at Nordstrom today and it's awesome! I can still smell it on me, too. Nice floral! Not crazy about Miyake's fragrances, but this one is one your need to try.

hadassa
hadassa

Yes, it is very indolic indeed. However, that isn't the main problem here.

I never get headaches from perfumes, I have always thought it is an exaggeration.
Well... It isn't.

Bang, - the heaviest, the sweetest, the biggest, the rudest PEAR ever. Boom, - poisonous peony! Boom, - the most suffocating type of musk!

I don't know what to say, honestly speaking it was a terrible experience. This is a very thick scent. And it is an EDT!

In one word, as kind as I can describe it: very inharmonious.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

in response to busik, i got edt mini and indole was the first thing i noticed..i immediately noticed jasmine and was wondering why it is not listed..when i read more about indole, i realized that the jasmine smell was coming from indole

aigilia
aigilia

Just bought this perfume since it's the top in my wish list..the first perfume of issey miyake that i fell in love with..it's fresh & cheerful scent plus the staying power is good..the bottle also unique n cute..of course a must have for me..;-)

lilou
lilou

Sweet, fresh, delicate, pretty. It reminds me of little scented dolls I had when I was a little girl.
Pear is very present and it's delicious.
Correct lasting power.

busik
busik

There is no difference between EDP and EDT. EDT quieter sounds, and no indole was not found.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The opening had a lovely bitter edge to the pear. It reminded me of a marigold note! Sweet pea immediately followed as a very noticeable note on my skin, but as quickly as it appeared, it then disappeared, and peony took over. Normally I love peony, but the way it interacted with the musk and cedar in this composition made Pleats Please way too "perfumey" on my skin and it gave me a headache. :(

bellmz
bellmz

i totally loveeeeeeee it! its like a garden with bright coloured flowers all over( u can imagine something like Escada colour code). tried this on the sample given in CLEO mag. it has yet to be launched here in my country. so am waiting eagerly for its launch. i might have to get the EDP as the EDT doesn't last long enough on me. i am used to strong perfume, so, there u have it. :)

Overall:
Longevity - 5/10
Silage - 5/10
Smells - 10/10

krishka
krishka

i was blown away by this frag, tried it together with the new Coco Noir and was expecting to love Coco Noir,but was totally unimpressed by it, while this one stayed bubley, sparkly and fruity all day long in humidity 80% and 30C heat.Playful and perfect for the beach or hot summer nights!<3

Both bottle and name don't appeal to me and i was quite hesitant to even try the scent but happy that i did, it was a nice surprise!

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

i tried just 3 days ago, well, reminds me "kenzo" (flower) fragrance too much, it's the "miss Dior" version of Issey Miyake maybe for a range of ladies in their 20-25, not very long lasting on EDT 3 hrs aprox., sweet and clean fragrance, for everyday, spring-summer, well it's lovly, but not my cup of tea :)

nattychins
nattychins

OMG! It's was launch in Thailand Now!!!!

pomdgf
pomdgf

Another fragrances from a beautiful , colourful and elegant clothes brand. I'm looking for this scent. Hope it will perfectly match with their clothes. I love this brand and I put it on my wish list !