Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Issey Miyake for women

Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Issey Miyake for women
dislike

Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Issey Miyake for women Pictures Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Issey Miyake for women Pictures Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Issey Miyake for women Pictures Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Issey Miyake for women Pictures

lssey Miyake is launching a purple-colored Pleats Please eau de parfum, which inherits the name of last year's edition Pleats Please Eau du Parfum 2012. The fragrance is inspired by the smell of violet-flavored macaron cookies, and it is colored with violet-purple hues, evoking the delicate petals of this flower. The composition conveys optimism and positive energy, drawing the attention to simple life pleasures that can make our whole day better.

The fragrance is signed by the famous perfumer Aurelien Guichard (Givaudan) who gave it a whole new personality. Pleats Please Eau de Perfum 2013, conveys a sense of happiness and enjoyment of the moment while we're feasting on a sweet violet-flavored macaron cookie. The top notes of the composition offer seductive violets, announcing the romantic heart that beats with peony and sweet pea. The dry-down is composed of patchouli and vanilla.

Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 will be available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Violet Macarons

Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 Fragrance Reviews

dglightblue
dglightblue

This is a no from me
It's like tea, and the same background note as Versace bright crystal.
The dry down could possibly pass, just. But an overall dislike

Alice'nwndrland
Alice'nwndrland

When I read the description that this is considered a sweet perfume, I was discouraged; but was a pleasant surprise after test it on the skin. It is strong at first but after incorporating into the skin releases the delicious violet scent, which I love. The patchouli adds a touch of mystery and the combination of these two elements is very good.

The artificial smell of the macarons is only felt when still moist, tends to talc after dry.
It's an interesting perfume, but it's not at the top of my list.

Soofiya
Soofiya

I passed the shelves of issey miyake pleats please a million times.tried all of them couple of times and.I was never impelled to buy one.actually I liked the green one very much.it seems to be a lovely floral.pink/red one was nice too but I thought I may buy them if I come across a great deal.purple one never grabbed my attention
Last time I tried on my skin so I could observe it.the other day I felt I'm missing that fluffy powder heaven
Finally I found it discounted and purchased it.and yes,I like it very much.I almost love it.it's violet dominant and I was never a true violet fan,but it's not just violet.it's a cloud of powder made off violet,heliotrope-like macaron and soft vanilla.it has a touch of sweet pea which I also like as a signature of pleats pleases.I can even detect a hint of patchouli which bounds this fluffy cloud to earth.every thing is lovely and perfect.it's not cold and sad like some violet scents and not raspberry candied like some others.it's a pretty simple scent but I have nothing similar in my collection
If you want a modern and wearable powdery scent this is for you
Longevity is about 6,7 hours and sillage is moderate.I like it's bottle very much and I think it matches this modern powdery scent.it's wearable year round IMO.best at mild to cool weather
It was a limited edition and not produced anymore so I'm happy to discover and add this lovely babe to my collection before being too late
I can't name it a love,but it's definitely a like
❤❤❤❤
P.s:there's two more things to add:
It's not a really sweet or gourmand scent in my book
And I agree there's some similarities between this one and insolence family(not edp mostly my insolence,it's like my insolence minus raspberry)actually I prefer this one
Edit:
Someone commented that it's like a sweet talcum powder and she said it's not a usual and generic smell,kind of weird but at the same time it's very good! She saved it's name in her cellphone to buy a bottle of it for herself

Cruella De Vil
Cruella De Vil

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Such a nice sweet smell

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

My first impression on a tissue... Insolence! And I like it! It's a less-serious Insolence. Happier and brighter- more like candy. Easier to wear.
Now it's moving into a sharp note with more powder. Like powdery candy.

I really like this. More than PP EDT- which I'm wearing today and is just an average fruity-floral. I very much prefer this EDP.

I have Insolence EDT, and I've always toyed with the idea of getting the EDP... but now that I have Pleats Please EDP- I prob don't need Insolence! :)

I'm normally a gourmand, vanilla, caramel, sweetie, candy, syrup lover, and I was hoping this was more sweet (vanilla & macarons) but so far, I like it! I do get a grape/violet candy... And I have to disagree that this is like Elie Saab or Roberto Cavalli- I have both of those.
I wore my PP EDT today because I knew this was coming in the mail, but I do not think they will layer well. To me, these are totally different scents.

Meh, after a proper wear, this got kinda plastic, cloying, and linear. It's an average like to me. :(

Madrona
Madrona

Powdery, floral, vanilla about sums it up. I recognized the sweet pea from a few other fragrances, I quite like it, it's hard to describe but very unique. I see how this one might cause headaches though, it certainly packs a punch, and if I would wear it for an entire day I would probably tire of it.

a.iioana
a.iioana

In the opening, this smells very candy like, but after it settles it starts to develop into something that reminds me alot of Elie Saab EDP and a bit of Roberto Cavalli, mixed with a faint hint of L'oreal hair dye which eventually goes away in the dry down. Not exceptional, but it is pleasant and quite interesting.

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

I find this so gorgeous and unique. It smells like very delicate grape candy (the mix of the violet and macaron note). It is also very powdery and femmine.

The patchouli note here is completely detectable and makes the scent slightly sour. It is sweet, but not too sweet.

Sillage and longevity are good too :) I love this scent and would recommend it.

smellagent
smellagent

I love that purple grape smell upfront. This is a fun frag. because it is a little different and off the wall but I think all of Issey's perfumes are a little odd. Anyway, what others have said about lovely dry down I agree. I love from beginning to end even though there is a hint of hair salon in there somewhere. Good Sillage and lasts long enough. May buy a back up.

raiza1990
raiza1990

This fragrance is really weird. At the beginning it smells like grape bubblegum, a bit later, like rotten grapes and only one hour later or so you can smell the softness of the violet. Do not get me wrong, i do not dislike it ( i think it even reminds me of a perfume my mother used to wear when i was a kid), it is just that i was expecting something sweet and soft, like the notes suggest, but this is really dark and just plain strange. And very mature.
If you think you may like it, be happy, sillage and longevity are irreprochable. Just do not blind buy it!

dipisor
dipisor

I wanted to blind buy this one and I'm so glad I didn't. I finally had the chance to smell it and I don't like it. I mean, I love violets so much, I feel them so nice here, but there is a note that bothers me, don't know which one is it, all I can say is that it's really odd to my nose, like something rotten. To me, this is so close to Guerlain Insolence eau de parfum, a big resemblance (not that odd note, though...).

SmellyBliss
SmellyBliss

I obsessed over this fragrance before purchasing it blind. I am twitterpated with macarons and I find the experience of violet-sniffing to be a worthy pastime. When I learned that 2012 Pleats Please (a summer favorite) had a younger sister that was inspired by simple pleasures and biting into a violet macaron, I knew I had to explore it.

Upon first spritz, I could definitely tell that Pleats Please 2013 is the younger, violet sibling of its pink, flowery predecessor. Familiar sweet pea opens up into violets whipped with powdery, nutty ground almonds. The violet dances with patchouli before long, and I do detect a purple smell. I sense a trace of grape: the utmost sophisticated grape you could imagine biting into. It adds a sense of charm to this pretty-smelling perfume.

Peony intermingles with patchouli in its dry-down and the crisp, nuttiness of the macaron is warmed by the essence of vanilla. Pleats Please 2013 is my Autumn/Winter scent; I'm so pleased to have found this online after learning it has been discontinued.

Musume
Musume

It seems this flanker has been discontinued, and it's a pity because this perfume has a very beautiful drydown, the first blast is extremely sweet and acidic, like grapes or some similar fruit, but then it calms down and you can smell the violet and macaron notes. Very original, and oh, that bottle, it's a pleasure to hold and touch.

rararamadanti
rararamadanti

Seems like a cologne to me, that i have to spray it every 4hr. Great sweet violet smells, but poor longevity on me. I envy those who can have this perfume stays long on their skin. Nice smells though, :)

atomyyy
atomyyy

Very lovely smell!
It's smell like purple color gel pen that I used when I was a child. Good old memories ^^
And it's long lasting

olivedrah
olivedrah

Very bad. It's very showy. It's like violet with juice of purple fruits (sour candy), sharp, floral... I really feel seasick about that smell.

Fragaria
Fragaria

Bath and Body had a peach macaron candle that I loved. It sold fast so I couldn't even stock up. Most everyone I knew thought it was way too sweet. It flew out of the store though! Must have been the macaron that I loved...the sweetness.
I love every note except the vanilla in this, and it doesn't sound like there's too much. I will buy this blind if I ever stumble upon it. I can only hope it's as sweet as that macaron candle. I can't believe I wouldn't love this. I will review when it's MINE!

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Note to self: try perfumes on skin before buying.
I tested this on paper and loved it. I held off buying it for a long while and then recently saw it for a good price so I got it.
Anyway, I love the violet in it but on my skin the patchouli is just dominating. It wouldn't bother me so much if patchouli smelt good on me - well, perfume patchouli.
I used to use a combination of mostly patchouli essential oil with a dash of lavender and Roman chamomile to calm irritated skin after waxing and it smelt awesome - but the patchouli they use in perfumes just doesn't do it for me, sadly.
I only got a 30ml bottle so I'll probably stick it out to the bitter end, so to speak.

chimidoro
chimidoro

Holy Hell. This stuff..... Wow.
Starts out all pukey violet. The bad violet - too sweet - akin to that used in Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne. I'm really not a fan of that one. But joining the violet stampede, there rains a heavy downpour of extraordinarily indolic sweet pea.

Those screaming "grape!" are definitely onto something. I didn't for a second envision this scent to have the weight it has. Having read that it was "inspired" by biting into a violet macaron, I expected powdery and delicate violet on a soft floral base.

It's heady, heavy, and lays along the lines of Agent Provocateur's Maitresse. The violet note being alike, certainly. From my perspective, there's unmistakably something "bathrooms", "hotels" or "hospitals" about this, but I can't seem to see this as a negative. It smells almost like a blend of essential oils, specifically similar to a particularly pricey one I've tried by Darphin, called "8-Flower Nectar".

Candy sweet yet sultry. Like a blue Slush Puppy melting like butter all over a chocolate-coated, wilting bouquet in the heat of a sunny afternoon, on the windowsill of a hotel located at the heart of a British seaside town.

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

I thought I loved the 2011 Pleats Please until I bought this!!! This is sooooo good on soooo many levels. For one, the scent is not myopic. It is diverse and keeps changing. I think it is a perfect blend of Vanilla and White Floral. It is beautiful on me. Sensual. Animalistic.

One minute I'm thinking its scenting a bit close to Alien (Yellow juice not Purple) then the next few minutes im thinking Jasmin Noir. I don't know...it is unique. The floral is not overpowering.

Sillage is 6/10. Longevity is 6Hours in hot Africa but it rained today...maybe thats why?! The pleated bottle cap plus the bottle design is to just perfect.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

do they sell fake bottles? i smelled it in a shop and was completly in love, but when i ordered it and sprayed it...its a cleaning product smell!

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Oh why, why, why did I buy this? I wore it while on holiday in Sorrento, and it seemed to suit the balmy Italian nights, but now I'm home, it's just too sickly and cloying and sweet. I like the individual notes. I love macaroons and violet, but this is nothing like the fresh Pleats Please edt, and I can't wear it. Does anyone want to do a swap?

Norgirl
Norgirl

oh oh oh . i love this . I was out and about and took a little sneak peak into the perfume department with my girls and suddelny fealt an urge to test this one . Oh boy I love it. The initial burst of sweet Violets mixing with the macarons and sweet pea i simply love it. I do realy like the original and want it ,but now i want this even more :)
it is a sweet and nice perfume , but to me its unik and fresh ,long lasting and realy makes me smile , i did not think i would fall so hard for it but yes i did.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I found a very good deal on this so I got myself a bottle.
I like original PP but this is rather different.
It's very sweet to start with violet and macarons are noticeable and it's a lovely combination.
Vanilla and patchouly give it body.
It's quite a heavy scent and longevity is very good
I can't detect much of the flowers it remains candy sweet from start to finish and I like it a lot.

pravda48
pravda48

This smells almost exactly as I remember the purple Smarties candies smelling as a kid; powdery-edged, kind of grapey, slightly tart purple sugar. Love the original, this one is inoffensive but not my thing. Then again I don't much care for grapey scents, with one exception.

The original simply was more unique and had a fascinating development as it wore in. This one's younger/sweeter/more playful feeling.

Emma0714
Emma0714

First sniff of this offers a burst of violets and sweetpea. The violets are very sugary and sweet! Reminds me of violet candy. A lot.

Though the fragrance is very sweet and candy-like, it is more of a floral over all. Very young, flirty but sophisticated. I actually quite like it!

The dry-down after a few hours (noticable on textile the most) is a gorgeus vanilla bean.

The sort of fragrance you would like to pair with a colourful outfit!

Donna Amethyst
Donna Amethyst

to babykays: Yes, I do, and I´m happy that somebody wrote it, because I was very surprised by the similarity, just not after 10 minutes but after about 2 hours I started to smell something like Roberto Cavalli EDP, very faintly, like from a distance. I don´t want to continue comparing, this is a lovely, fresh, light scent, the violet and macaron note are prominent and then the vanilla.

babykays
babykays

anyone think it is similar to roberto cavalli? i sprayed it and it smells okay, then 10 minutes later it smells like roberto cavalli edp. i love roberto cavalli but this issey miyake, i dont know... why did i buy this.... i don't even know......

I don't like it. At first, when I sprayed it, it was terrible. So heavy and cloying.
I don't get it, all of those notes are delicious, but I really don't like the perfume. Only the peony is annoying sometimes, but it can't be just that. Maybe it's those macaron cookies...
It gets sweeter after some time, so also a little better.
Still, please no!

izumilove
izumilove

I don't get grape, what I smell is violets and vanilla. Lasts a good amount of time and a little goes a long way. To me this scent is not sophisticated and mature or young and flirty etc.. I find it simply 'pretty'. I can't find the macarons in it though! I really love it, it is actually my favourite at the moment.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

I own this. Yeah i smell grape juice too. In a good way..

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

I don't know about you, but to me, this smells like grape juice.

I own Elixir and I love it, bright floral, very distinctive, this new version isn't as intense, or bright, but it is very nice, softer, more floral, and more violets definitely,which isn't bad as it isn't a vintage violet scent, more a sweet violet scent, well blended, not your typical violet perfume..longevity is nice. And it gets more similar to Elixir in the drydown..although I don't get patchouli nor vanilla, or just subtle whiffs,nothing more, still happy to own this pretty creation..

maen
maen

Hi!, in this case it is released, in Spain for example, one month ago. Is very pretty, not very different from the regular Pleats, just with a violet edge, not candy.
Bit more feminine with a powdery touch. Lasting power is better than the regular, not as Elixir, of course.
Between the 3 editions, this is the most rounded and perfected.

JakePowell
JakePowell

Please do not give voting before perfume is even released.

Endymion
Endymion

What a beautiful bottle! :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Issey Miyake Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pleats Please Eau de Parfum 2013 by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.