Designers » I-K » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Silver Scent Deep Jacques Bogart for men
dislike

nutty
Silver Scent Deep Jacques Bogart for men Pictures

Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Silver Scent Deep was launched in 2014. Top notes are orange, orange blossom and grapefruit; middle notes are clary sage, nutmeg and geranium; base notes are vanilla, tonka bean, hazelnut and woody notes.

Orange Orange Blossom Grapefruit

Valentino Uomo

Silver Scent Deep Fragrance Reviews

msajoy
msajoy

i ended up buying 6 JB fragrances so far, and lets say what i love about this particular one.i LOVE the bottle design, its the best looking bottle in the house, and the scent is my 3rd favorite behind very strong the pour homme and Oud edition of one man show line, but does that make this scent an average scent?HELL NO...this opening reminded me of dunhill icon with that grape soda pop and the smooth lavender minus the cardamom, the drydown goes different way but i can see this as an amazing ight out scent in winter/spring.its not as nuclear as the intense or the silverscent original...but lasting power is so amazing. great bang for buck and more.this to me is the best among the 4 silverscents...period :) get it in your collection, showcase it proudly

ZoopyGoggins
ZoopyGoggins

Another one straight off the middle of the bat from the house of Bogart.
Deep indeed, it is a vast improvement over the original Silver Scent for me. I say 'for me' because there is nothing wrong with the original, it just doesn't really agree with me at this time.
Deep has the edge taken off the super screechy sweetness and lychee/grape note of the original by some smoothing out from the hazelnut and the tonka in this. Although tonka is a main component in the original, I find it far more prominent in Deep, giving a softer and more gourmand element.
I get tonka, hazelnut, vanilla then nutmeg in this. I'm not good enough to distinguish between the other notes but they are blended very nicely.
I can pick up a sort of dark chocolate scent in here but maybe that's the tonka interacting with the vanilla or something.
The only citrus I can detect is the orange blossom.
It's a little dry and powdery for me too with a hint of a tobacco note although I'm not sure where that's coming from, just my interpretation.
Longevity is good. I put some on about two hours before I went to bed and it was still pretty strong when I got up. I then took a bath and could still smell it as a skin scent.
I get moderate projection and moderate to high sillage with a nice little bubble of scent following me around.
Overall I like this, it's good.
Great price. Verging on beast. Solid performer.

This is the first Silver Scent I've tried so I can't compare the different versions. It begins with a blast of something I find unpleasant, but I blew on it so that it would get to drydown quickly, and that worked fine (one spray). After that I just got one big accord that is musky, the scent reminding me a bit of a Milk Dud candy on some level. It's not too "synthetic" and the strength is at least good for a "cheapo," but I'm not sure there is enough here for me to wear it instead of something else that is along the same lines but that I prefer. Over time I get some spice but not a hazelnut or a hazelwood note. I'll certainly give this at least one more chance, but those who dislike the "low quality" of "cheapos" probably won't find a "hidden gem" here. It reminds me of a reformulated Lapidus Pour Homme I bought several years ago, actually, in terms of the texture, the musk, and some of the notes (though again I think I prefer that one - I think of it as "semi-vintage" these days). My guess is that most people would find this appealing if they smelled it on you, just so long as you don't use too much.

UPDATE: In the far drydown I was reminded of 1 Million more than anything else. I was hoping a hazelnut or hazelwood note would appear, but I didn't detect any. For the price this has some appeal, if I didn't already have a similar scent. Otherwise, it's a bit too crude, relative to what I already have, for me to be especially pleased with this blind buy.

UPDATE #2: The longevity was great. With one spray to the chest I could smell it over 24 hours later (made sure not to get it on cloth and wore a different shirt the next day). During the night I woke up and thought I smelled something that could conceivably be interpreted as hazelnut-ish. And then I remembered that I had a bottle of hazelnut flavoring I bought at the dollar store and is very strong. I intend to wear that as a fragrance one of these days, just to see what happens. If and when I do I'll update again here (and probably write up a post on my blog about it).

UPDATE: I sprayed into the air and walked through it. This application method seems better for this scent, but while I could detect the notes a bit better, I didn't like how much geranium I was detecting (it's one of my least favorite notes).

Wizology
Wizology

(tested on wrist)

I got a chance to test Silver Scent Deep yesterday. My first impression: VERY nice, and it definitely gets a LIKE.

Very similar to original Silver Scent with the underlying DNA distinguishable (Orange Blossom, Geranium, Nutmeg and Tonka) but yet different. And, I think that subtle difference is the presence of the Hazelnut and perhaps even the Vanilla that tends to soften this flanker somewhat.

Great value for money. South Africans can pick this up on promotion for R295 ($21) for 100ml at Ascot Cosmetics, otherwise around R450 ($32) for 100ml at Clicks or Dischem.

Great for spring and casual daytime use. Do not over-spray.

Sillage : 9/10
Longevity : 6/10
Overall : 7/10

socorrosouza
socorrosouza

Love Silver Scent Deep, so much better than Silver Scent. The Hazelnuts give a chocolatey touch that enhances the scent a hundredfold, and it is also a bit less in your face than original Silver Scent. Longevity is 10 hours plus, sillage is not the onster sillage of SS original but is nice and is felt by everyone though softer. And the SS family are all very cheap in Brazil for imported perfumes ( equivalent to US$ 30 to 40).

geviar
geviar

I'm not an experienced perfumist but man... this scent is awesome! Smells really nice and the hazelnuts are noticeable from the beginning. There are not many man's perfumes with this note and if you like it, you must give it a try. The performance is also very good: last 10h+ on my skin. I think it's a very versatile fragrance and can be used for casual, night, office... too sweet for a summer fragrance though.

Douglas Ferrero
Douglas Ferrero

O aroma da avelã é bem presente, praticamente domina todo o perfume, é forte e gostoso e de todos os silver é o melhor elaborado, mas não projeta igual o intense.

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

OF MY MANY BOTTLES OF PARFUM...THIS ONE WHISPS AROUND YOU IN THE WARM SUMMER AIR LIKE A WALL OF AMAZING ODOR AND LASTS AND LASTS...THESE SILVER SCENT VARIETY ARE FUKING AWESOME!!.NOT TO MENTION MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE GOOD OL BOGART FRAGS OUT THERE FOR YOU TO FANCY..THESE R AMONG THE BEST..IF YOU WANT EFFECT,,IF YOU WANT TO BE SMELLED AND TURN HEADS,YOU USE THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE DAMNIT! NO NEED TO COUNT COMPLIMENTS!!GRAPE,SUEDE,LEATHER,NUTS,CHOCOLATE,SMOOTH STRONG PIXIE JUICE!! SILAGE N PROJECTION TO THE NUTT BUST!!HAVE A GOOD 1... 9.4....OF 10.0

sunmartin
sunmartin

Best of the scent realy nice

murysusanto
murysusanto

Best of the best Bogart released, I am a fanatic of silver scent and this one makes it more intense to have. Very good quality and very good price...10/10

Cassiano
Cassiano

After the success of the original version (2006), accompanied with fidelity, through the intense version (2009), the brand decided to continue the family Silver Scent and released this version called Silver Scent Deep.

According to the official distributor of the brand in Brazil, the notes have also suffered big changes at this time: in addition to bitter orange and orange blossom, entered the note of grapefruit and they took off the note of frozen lemon, at the top of the composition. In the heart, the same notes of wild geranium and lavender, besides the insertion of sage. And again, as happened in the Intense version, the biggest change occurred at the base of the fragrance: notes of tonka bean, vanilla and hazelnut wood.

As soon as applied, arises a cloud that brings the DNA of the previous versions, what I admire in homonymous lines. But this version is less synthetic, becoming sweeter and voluminous, going for a denser and, obviously, deep fragrance (as its name says). About 20 minutes later, the fragrance begins to evolve into a semi-gourmand, with slightly Woody aroma, which successfully completes a trilogy that fulfils the taste of the Brazilian men audience.

The bottle kept the same design, but received matte painting, including, in the neck (formerly Silver). Total inspiration in the universe "film noir".

Following the same line of thinking from before, I'd say that the Silver Scent boy grew up and became a mature and secure man, who still shows the same mischievous grin of childhood, but learned to seduce and make decisions, without making such a fuss wherever he goes.

kimbola
kimbola

nice nutty vanilla comforting scent werry well rounded

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Starts off like silver scent intense, but with a very dominant nutty aroma.
as it dries down the silver scent intense smell seems to almost vanish and the nutty smell gets balmy and this frag starts smelling like Valentino uomo.
It doesn't project like some of the other jacques Bogart frags, which isn't a bad thing in this case, the longevity is still there.
I asked my wife to buy me this for Christmas, and I'm really glad I own it, as there doesn't seem to be many bottles of this around.
got mine off amazon UK,,you'll see it on there if you keep checking every day, like I had to, don't hesitate if you do see it , as it won't be there for long..

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Silver scent Deep is the younger crowd silver scent.

Sweeter and calmer, deep is heavy on orange blossom, vanilla and hazelnuts while the nutmeg give it slight spicy vibe.

Excellent perfume when you take in consideration it's performance (Great projection and longevity) and it's price.

Very well done mister Bogart!

Dandadda19
Dandadda19

please let me know if this can be bought in the uk ,i'd love to try it

brucifer
brucifer

Okay so here we go...

I own the Intense version which is great in smell and performance.

I tested Deep recently and these are the main differences I get.

I find the Intense version has a much more bitter opening due to the Lemon and Bitter Orange and Deep to be sweeter in that department as well as sweeter in the dry down. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

Performance once again is great. It was one of four I tested on myself at the time and it was the only one I could smell without putting my nose to my arm. So A+ to that once again JB.

I actually prefer the Deep version now and will purchase it when my Intense runs low.

junior halston
junior halston

I was able to pick up a bottle of this and it reminds me of the intense version but with a chock dose of hazelnuts.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.