Designers » I-K » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 10 I want it: 11

milky
herbal

Selperniku by January Scent Project is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women and men. Selperniku was launched in 2017. The nose behind this fragrance is John Biebel. Top notes are petitgrain, cypress and lemon; middle notes are apricot, immortelle, butter, cardamom, chamomile and juniper berries; base notes are sandalwood, milk, salt and tobacco leaf.

Petitgrain Cypress Lemon

Apricot Immortelle Butter Cardamom Chamomile Juniper Berries

Sandalwood Milk Salt Tobacco Leaf

Jeux de Peau
Siberian Fir

Selperniku Fragrance Reviews

Thane
Thane

I think this one is really interesting. I got a sample set and have tried this and Eiderantler so far. They're very different. I'd say this is a little more "unique" than Eiderantler. Like others have said, it's like a very creamy, buttery apricot, but behind that there's the little bit of salt tempering it. I'll be interested to see how it dries down.

It's not like anything else I have tried, but not weird or unpleasant either. Definitely worth at least getting a sample.

Roge'
Roge'

Disclaimer: Due to the complexity of Selperniku, this review is gonna be all over the place.

I'm gonna describe this like the pilgrimage of a single apricot.

This apricot begins its venture into the world rolling off the counter landing firmly into a tub of butter. Realizing the contamination, the stone fruit is thrown out of the house subsequently landing into a juniper bush. Days of enduring outside elements seem to cause the fruit to lose it's juicy essence. Resultantly, the apricot is a shell of its former self and takes on a new identity as a stone-washed drupe. As the prized fruit withers, each day in the terrains proves costly. With the assistance of the wind, the apricot is elevated from the shrubbery as it continues to advance through fallen petals of chamomile and petitgrain deposits.

This was a pleasant surprise simply because I had low expectations after trying Eiderantler. What I enjoyed most about this fragrance was its double agent nature. My favorite note of tobacco was seemingly absent. Miraculously, I didn't miss it. The other swirling aromas will taunt your olfactory system to the point where your brain doesn't know what to trust. I can't tell you how many times I've asked myself, "Do I like this?" I came to the conclusion that this is a contender and not a pretender. A respectable entry into the niche division this is. Time will only tell if "Do I like this" turns into "Yeah, I think I wanna buy this."

akawanis
akawanis

Freshly grilled peaches and cream with a pinch of salt, at an outdoor BBQ.

Selperniku takes me back to a childhood in Phoenix, surrounded by desert chamomile and arid air. Immortelle mingles dry straw and caramelized sugar, without any cloying sweetness. Sand dunes and miles of wilderness in every direction, under a scorching Arizona sun. The use of sandalwood for the base, instead of a more common choice of vanilla-- keeps Selperniku gender agnostic.

The two lasting impressions I get from this frag are 'dry' and 'stone fruit'. This is definitely a scent of the outdoors, in hot climate, with ripe fruit. It's making me look forward to summer!

kapted
kapted

A complex, delectable, sophisticated, yet stirringly familiar and comforting fragrance. Sadly, the sample vial was almost empty upon arrival in the mail, BUT the wrapping is now adorning my bookshelf. I still have enough for two separate applications.

I expected, from the notes, a gourmand smell. Yes and no. There is a fruit tang, which is sweet, salty and creamy. At the same time, there is a gentle floral lingering in the background. There is nothing heavy about the scent, but its complexity gives a depth that finds it complete. I would not add or remove a single thing.

If any of you know celebrity mother Constance Hall from Perth, Australia, I expect she would enjoy this. Full in character, one of a kind and containing both yin and yang.

Should there ever be perfume vending machines in Japan, sold in little aluminum cans, this would be what I expect to find. A totally sunshine fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about January Scent Project Selperniku fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about January Scent Project Selperniku, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Selperniku by January Scent Project. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Selperniku by January Scent Project represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

January Scent Project Eiderantler January Scent Project Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois Guerlain Guerlain Homme Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne 2013 L`Occitane en Provence Eau des Baux Tom Ford Noir de Noir Pierre Balmain Ambre Gris Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Dame Perfumery Soliflore Osmanthus M. Micallef Gaiac Amouage Fate for Women Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia Guerlain Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée Chanel Egoiste Platinum Mugler Mugler Cologne Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Woodcut Zoologist Perfumes Nightingale