Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum January Scent Project for women and men
dislike

I have it: 9 I want it: 15

smoky

Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum by January Scent Project is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum was launched in 2017. The nose behind this fragrance is John Biebel. Top notes are bergamot and olibanum; middle notes are saffron, damask rose and black elder; base notes are agarwood (oud), seashells, patchouli, smoke and labdanum.

Bergamot Olibanum

Saffron Damask Rose Black Elder

Agarwood (Oud) Seashells Patchouli Smoke Labdanum

Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Awater01
Awater01

This was my first journey away from the mainstream and into niche, and I was very eager to try this one in particular since I love the scent of Damascus rose. It doesn't disappoint, it's very rosy. The opening is verdant and the rose blooms majestically in the heart, interplaying with the smokey resins. I did't know what roasted seashells was supposed to smell like before, but I totally get the sense of it in some kind of instinctive way I can't explain. It's definitely interesting.

This one goes on very thick and rich, with the projection going out like a tidal wave upon application but then settling down to loud, moderately loud, before coming right back to a just off the skin in the dry down. This lasts for ever, I still get a hint if it days after and through showering. The way it interacts with other fragrances I chose to wear has been an interesting game as well, since I can't really avoid mixing them. I recommend not getting it on your clothes, unless you really want to have the scent infuse everything you own.

All 3 remind me of stories in the Grimm Brothers fairytails and I've had a lot of fun playing around with them over the last couple weeks. I really look forward to new adventures.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Wow..I just ordered mine too!excited!!

ktmarcum
ktmarcum

Just ordered my $5 sample set directly from January Scent Project. Free shipping in U.S.!! So excited to try Smolderose and their other scents!

rnasim
rnasim

I've ordered 4 different samples from the house first. The sealed postal package which I received was smelling already something divine. While unpacking, this remarkable smell spread everywhere in my room. I already knew I had to figure out which of the 4 is the one in the air and get immediately its full bottle. It is - Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum.

The divine smell of Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum results from incense smoke, bergamot, saffron, frankincense and labdanum. A true masterpiece from John Biebel.

By the way, the beauty of this fragrance is in the complex trail it leaves. Not sure how they made it, but the fragrance smells differently depending on how far you are from the source.

When I smell it I imagine the old silk road in Central Asia with changing markets, sands, Oasis trees with a special heart-aching feel of something exciting to happen.

akawanis
akawanis

During my youth, Victoria's Secret's 'Victoria' and Lancome 'Rouge Now or Never' were my go-to Rose perfumes. This isn't anything to brag about, but we've all enjoyed bubblegum or Hostess twinkies back in the day. When they were discontinued, I was bereft.. shredded to the core. It was as if, a dear friend had died. Never found another Rose to love, until 22 yrs later, upon discovery of Smolderose!

Smolderose is a partnership of rose & incense. Crisp, fresh, bergamot opens with the sparkling effervescence of Apricot liqueur / Japanese plum wine. A soft rose sings its velvety tones throughout. Balsamic resins hold in perfect tension with aged patchouli, which resonates a sweeter, almost ambery feel. While unlisted, I also sense benzoin and camphoraceous accompaniment (faint moth ball -- in a great way) in the background. There's also a boozy-leather, which lends an almost alien beauty.

To my nose, Smolderose EDP is night-and-day different than Smolderose parfum (rollerball jpg on fragrantica). If you've previously found the latter too intense, it's definitely worth trying the EDP. It's exquisitely crafted, and extremely wearable.

Just bought a 30 mL full bottle. Welcome to my permanent collection, January Scent Project!

kapted
kapted

A rosy Miss Dior (the original edt released). Stunning.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about January Scent Project Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about January Scent Project Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum by January Scent Project. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Smolderose Spray Eau de Parfum by January Scent Project represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay