Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Golconda Jar Parfums for women and men

Golconda Jar Parfums for women and men
dislike

Golconda by Jar Parfums is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features carnation.

Carnation

Comme des Garcons Series 2 Red: Carnation

Golconda Fragrance Reviews

oceangurl911
oceangurl911

I don't have the bottle, we just purchased a decant to see what the Paris fuss was about. When I first applied it to my wrist, it first hit me with pure carnation which transformed into its soapy version in the matter of a minute.
Nevertheless, it's a very pleasant scent but it does remind me a lot of grandma's soap. Lovely floral soap. At no point would I want to smell like that.
After two minutes, the scent acquired a highly spicy note and nothing of the pure carnation is left over. All I could smell from that point on was aniseed, cloves and ginger-like spices. The scent on my husband's wrist remained soapy for much longer but ended up with spicy as well. This may be alright for your Christmas cookies or Glühwein, the spiced wine on Xmas markets in Europe, but not on your skin.

This one especially reminds me of what I read about the maker: he is not making JAR scents for the general public but more as a side hobby next to his other projects. You can definitely smell the unique peculiarity.

One positive thing is its sillage. If you wear this scent, then you can be sure it will be noticed. I had to wipe it off with rubbing alcohol because I disliked it so much but even after that, the leftover scent is still strong. A good amount of soap did the job in the end.

undreaming
undreaming

Golconda is a pure carnation bouquet, every bit the fresh, spicy flower that I love. I also detect something surprisingly unpleasant, however, like a musty, rotting flower in the bunch. (Fortunately, I only scent this note close to the skin, and it soon dissipates.) I don't recognize the Stargaze Lily until I see it mentioned in other reviews, but yes yes, there she is, sweet and fleeting. Overall a spicy, clovey carnation which softens over time but stays true. A beautiful fragrance, but I do prefer Comme des Garçons' Series 2 Red Carnation; it is all the purity of carnation without either the strange rotting note I experience OR the astronomical price tag!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jar Parfums Golconda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jar Parfums Golconda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Golconda by Jar Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Golconda by Jar Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Frederic Malle Carnal Flower L`Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Annick Goutal Songes Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette Jar Parfums Bolt of Lightning Vero Profumo rubj eau de parfum Guerlain Angélique Noire Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Cuir de Russie Guerlain Nahema Serge Lutens A La Nuit Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire Chanel Chanel No 19 Parfum Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose Laboratorio Olfattivo Nirmal Guerlain Vol de Nuit Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Jar Parfums Diamond Water