Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Junky Jardins d’Ecrivains for women and men

Junky Jardins d’Ecrivains for women and men
dislike

smoky
Junky Jardins d’Ecrivains for women and men Pictures Junky Jardins d’Ecrivains for women and men Pictures

Junky by Jardins d’Ecrivains is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Junky was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Anais Biguine. Top notes are cannabis, palisander rosewood and galbanum; middle notes are violet, iris and gardenia; base notes are cashmeran, cedar, vetiver, incense, juniper, moss and myrtle.

cannabis Palisander Rosewood Galbanum

ramin1215

last day by Gus Van Sant

muzzbait
muzzbait

sometimes i have the discipline to write a review withOUT checking out the individual notes...
...tonight, alas, i didn't...

man...this is quite an intriguing scent! i could definitely detect some white floral, and to be honest, i thought the rest was some sorta mishmash of aromoachemicals. but i was wrong! the cannabis is totally there, but it's striking an accord with another component, probs a white floral, to create an amazing note. i really like it. i'm only 15 minutes into the ride and i'm quite into it...

there's a bit of 'air freshener' about this scent, unforch, but it's quite a pleasant number otherwise. definitely worth a try and i'll be trying this one out again methinks...

Shenandoah
Shenandoah

I'm mystified by the high number people detecting the cannibis note; I don't sense even the faintest trail of it in this fragrance, which is 100% soapy iris/violet with an underlying gardenia. Nice enough, but I don't really want to smell like the guest soaps in my mom's extra bathroom.

Yayatan
Yayatan

This smells waxy and plasticy. I guess I don't dislike it since I keep smelling it, but it's not something I would like to wear on myself.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

The opening is smokey and woody, unlike anything I've smelled. Thumbs up for uniqueness. Then this scent goes on a journey of changes. At drydown the iris peeks out and makes the fragrance very powdery in a lipstick way.

Q80
Q80

chaos at max!! it is truly a Junky with no offense! i thought it was going to be daring rather than disturbing! it's soapy with artificial Iris and violets. the gardenia is acting weird in here and giving that soapy essence and i guess it's because the quality is quite bad! that just too much!! it reminds me of cheap hand wash soap, some nylon, and sometimes it's like a pillar of iron has been washed by that cheap hand wash soap and a tiny rubber band was there wrapped all the time. nope.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Those who expected a parfum of transgression, will be disappointed. And also I was expecting a more daring scent scent, more complex and more structured. Considering the ingredients used, it was necessary to stand out more and some less than others: for example, the gardenia, I can not feel it and even the violet. In addition, the longevity and sillage are insufficient, but this is perhaps the minority problem.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I'll admit from the outset, Junky does not smell how I had imagined it would smell.
The pre conceived idea I had in mind was likely influenced by other scents I have tried with a cannabis note - black afgano, hungry hungry hippies, mountain high, coze - all of which have, on me, a very dense, rich, heady aromatic type feel. So with the name Junky (which in my part of the world is most commonly spelled 'junkie' and is a derogatory term for a user of illegal morphine, and occasionally used for a thrill seeker of some kind, such as one who enjoys extreme supports and is an 'adrenalin junky'), combined with previous experience with this note, I was expecting something dark, maybe resinous, edgy. Therefore Junky was a [pleasant] surprise.

When smelled in the bottle this made me think of the colour green - a rich, vivid green with shades of darker green. However it was much brighter than I anticipated, more aromatic, clean, fresh and green.

Sprayed onto my skin this was immediately interesting. In the top notes there is a real smoky quality to it, almost as though I had applied my perfume in a room where someone was smoking fragrant tobacco or burning incense sticks. It wasn't a dirty smoke yet it didn't immediately remind me of incense itself. It is hard to explain. This smoky feel didn't last long at all but was an interesting opening that got my attention.

Within a few short minutes this began to settle into my skin and became a wonderful clean, happy, green scent with violet leaf and violet flowers, green stems and leaves, and a clear herbal armoatic edge from the cannabis. Although the cannabis note is definitely here it isn't over the top, you wouldn't worry if you wore this to work that people would think you were carrying drugs! Rather the thick sweetness of the note adds a lovely rounded depth to the other green notes.

The inclusion of notes such as galbanum, juniper, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar prevents this from becoming overly feminine and retains a unisex character although I felt it lent more towards the female side of unisex.

After about an hour the floral notes really come to the fore - violet is prominent, with gardenia and iris supporting, and a surprisingly strong and persistent yet soft myrtle note comes fore. The combination of flowers, violet, iris, gardenia and myrtle makes for a lovely fuzzy soft and almost powdery feel, but this is more a fuzzy yellow mimosa style powder than an overpowering or baby powder smell. I was actually surprised to see mimosa wasn't in the notes as I thought this was what I had identified!

This retained its green and floral heart for several hours before the drydown of mosses and woods came through, though it retained an armoatic, green and gentle floral quality, with the fuzzy powder on top.

I found this to be a very enjoyable scent to wear and was surprised how much I liked it. There is a slight synthetic feel towards the end of the heart and start of the drydown which lasted maybe 30-60 minutes, this was the part I was least fond of, but the rest I did enjoy. This gave wafts of scent that felt rather elegant and feminine and I would be interested to smell it on make skin. There were some similarities for me to Velvet Forest Wood - at the time of writing it appears one other person found this as it is listed in the reminds me of section.
Longevity was pretty decent at around 6 hours with moderate sillage before it moved closer to the skin. It remained close to my skin for another 2-3 hours before fading away.

This was a pleasing scent that I would like to explore further. Tested from a sample spray, in cool autumnal weather.

Inspired by one of the most controversial characters in modern literature, Junky takes its name from William Burroughs' first novel and, just like its inspirator, you either love it or hate it.

It opens with a hyper-green and resinous blast of galbanum joined by a violet/iris combo. The cannabis accord is more like a suggestion than an actual presence but, as a matter of fact, I can't help it from noticing it. The fragrance introduces then a sweeter floral accord that, together with woods and incense, gives birth to a weird drydown. There's something about the soapy greenness of Papyrus De Ciane here but, for the most part, Junky smells strangely familiar and unique at the same time. Now, this is one of those fragrances which I can't decide if I thoroughly loathe or completely love. There's something so disturbing (almost nauseating) about it and fascinating at the same time. Somehow out of balance and wrong but still conceptually interesting. In this context, I think they completely nailed the inspiration and, just for that, Junky deserves a positive rating.

Weird.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Thin, metallic opening of aldehydes, fruity notes (peach, apple), green notes and silky, light, spring-y flowers (perhaps jasmine and ylang). Sandalwood and white musks base. The heart of the scent smells quite "artificial", basically a concoction of ketones and galaxolide, which gives the scent a general "fruity-floral shampoo" feeling (less creamy and sweetish, but with that specific type of crisp, "plastic" personality). I honestly miss many of the notes listed in the composition, all I get is a rather generic and uninspired floral-green-woody scent with a soapy side and an aromatic, cozy cashmeran base, overall a bit confused and fairly aldehydated – actually too much to feel the density and the "consistence" of flowers and materials. After a couple of hours it eventually sets on a warm and slightly cloying accord of artificial flowers with a sweet aftertaste of gingerbread. It smells "nice" in the less flattering sense possible (nice as any far more cheaper scent can smell – doesn't stink, in other words), but other than that, it's negligible for me.

5,5/10

Roge'
Roge'

A megastar note of Cannabis escorted by a quirky bottle name? Where do I sign up?!! This opens with a conservative ingredient of Cannabis or should I say CannaBUST. If you're looking forward to getting high on your own supply, you may be disappointed. The weed aroma is quickly usurped by florals which balances the greenery in a way that both genders can enjoy. Given the "Junky" name and "Cannabis" note, I expected the Incense to play a prominent smoky role. That too was a little lackluster. There's other things going on here that will contribute to the Junky you will become such as soft woods and baby-faced flowers. Not quite the Fish Net Tank Top wearing Dreadlock Rastafarian perfume i was expecting but this is without doubt a very safe blueprint on how to make a gender-neutral fragrance with Sativa. This is Reggae Sunsplash in a bottle.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jardins d’Ecrivains Junky fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jardins d’Ecrivains Junky, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Junky by Jardins d’Ecrivains. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Junky by Jardins d’Ecrivains represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.