Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue Jean Charles Brosseau for women
dislike

sand
marine

Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue by Jean Charles Brosseau is a Floral fragrance for women. Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue was launched in 1987. Top notes are carnation, orange blossom and lily-of-the-valley; middle notes are honey, lily, dried fruits, hawthorn, egyptian jasmine and may rose; base notes are amber, musk, benzoin, vanilla, cedar, sand and sea notes.

Carnation Orange Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley

Honey Lily Dried Fruits Hawthorn Egyptian Jasmine May Rose

Amber Musk Benzoin Vanilla Cedar Sand Sea Notes

L`Eau De Monteil

Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue Fragrance Reviews

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

I tried this at a discount store many years ago, was ambiv alent about it and put it aside for 15 years or so, there was something really strong and intense about it. I sold my bottle on ebay for a great profit about 2 years ago and well, I started wondering about it and today I received a new bottle from ebay at a really low price. The first minute or so is very chemical and unpleasant....then it becomes very soft and beautiful. Carnation is the only flower I can pick out, the rest are faint and in the background. There is a creamy vanilla and cedar scent that is warm and comforting.All troughout there is a scent that eludes me, strong and intoxicating, loud, it is what put me off on the original vintage bottle and yet it is why I bought it in the first place (and the gorgeous deep blue bottle) This note is present in vintage Blue Grass and was in the Original Je Reviens. I can't get enough of it, yet I don't know if I really like it or what it is.
So I will wear this for myself and enjoy the mystery. This does not last that long on me as nothing really does any more. It is an experiment and takes time to decide how it makes you feel. Certainly it is NOT BORING!

glitteralex
glitteralex

I recently found at a Paris clear market a small bottle of the vintage Parfum, pale gold in color and in the old square bottle. This is in the grande dame of perfume category- balanced orange blossom, lots of carnation, and a nice spice note. Powdery and sweet, like the lilting of Hawthorn, but not overly so, and with excellent balance. The base is amber-vanillin atop a restrained wood, With no sand or sea notes, at least in the modern sense.

This is an excellent interpretation of "carnation". Seek out the vintage version!

vladangela
vladangela

Désolée, mais c'est non.
Ombre bleue est l'un des seuls parfums au monde que je ne puis supporter. Son odeur douceâtre, écoeurante et putride sur les bords m'incommode au plus haut point. Heureusement, on le rencontre de plus en plus rarement de nos jours.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I tried this one at an outlet store, and I hate to be so negative but it truly smelled awful. The juice looks like windex and the smell is not too far off from ammonia window cleaner. Really strong chemical smelling and very harsh and sharp,I really can't imagine anyone smelling like this. Maybe I got a bad bottle but the tester looked new. I could not decipher one note, its not floral its not woody, just a mess. Honestly the worst fragrance I have ever smelled. Proceed with extreme caution.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

This is another treasure that was found. I do get a breezy, sand, marine feel along with the oh so familiar oomph that 80s fragrances have. It also reminds me of my really early childhood. It also has a soapy, out of the shower quality to it also that isn't overpowering. This one I wish didn't get discontinued because it is really really good. Also somewhat powdery. Its kind of like Classique by JPG and Je Reviens by Worth had a baby. This is an 80s scent that should have been given more attention.

icecube
icecube

On me this is mostly just flowers especially in the opening - it has a somwhat fatty feel to it that I usually connect with tuberrose (I could swear there a some of that in it).

After drydown the aquatique and sandy notes appears.
At this stage I feel it is very similar to my favorite aquaticqe perfume L'eau de monteil.

Godd vaule for money - dont need much and stays on forever.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

I mostly get dried fruit, jasmine and honey from this one. No sea, no sand, no beach here...not for me, in any case.

It's a slightly musty perfume, and though that can never be a compliment, there's something about this perfume that's quite alluring. It's comforting somehow.

My review is all contradictory! I like this fragrance, but not sure if I really want to wear it!

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

This review is for Ombre Bleue before they started adding blue dye and calling it Fleurs d'Ombre. I have the perfume in a clear square bottle with yellow juice from the late 80's.

I do not know where people are getting aquatic or sea notes unless the formula has changed. I get intoxicating monoi and gardenia with neroli and white florals. This is a sweet, heady fragrance with enormous sillage. It is heavenly but there is nothing light, fresh or aquatic about it.

exciter76
exciter76

Based on the listed notes Ombre Bleue should be a bottled walk-on-the-beach scent. In reality, it is dated, dusty, artificial (at least in its opening) and plain ol’ odd. Sounds off-putting, right? Well, this is actually enjoyable.

Ombre Bleue opens with a sharp, artificial blast of jasmine. It’s not very appealing, particularly since the color of the juice is vividly blue, recalling some type of room spray. I fought the urge to scrub this room deodorizer from my wrists. For having survived the first five minutes of this I was treated to a cozy mix of dewy carnations and jasmine, sweet and salty fruits, and powder. Or, imagine Ombre Rose and Lilly Pulitzer’s Beachy had a love child. It’s a strange mix but it works.

The words ‘cozy’ and ‘hot weather-appropriate’ seem mutually exclusive with respect to fragrances. Ombre Bleue is proof that hot weather-appropriate scents can, in fact, be cozy without being cloying.

Jerine123
Jerine123

This is truly a masterpiece. It is simply gorgeous and has great sillage for a floral scent that opens and evolves into a treasure. The carnation opening is floral fresh along with the lesser lily of the valley and jasmine, but it dries down into the amber, benzoin and unusal unique warm sand notes. It lingers forever and is a classic that's hard to find. I found a sealed vintage bottle. What a deal!!!!! For perfume lovers like me, it is a definite addition to your collection. WOW!

imsunnyb
imsunnyb

LOVE this scent.....have been wearing it for more years than I can recall and always receive compliments from both men and women on it. It's feminine, sexy and easy to wear both daytime and evening.

ruxxy
ruxxy

Ombre Bleue starts on my skin like a totally aquatic scent: very fresh(lily-of-the-valley, not citrus-y, but with that powdery nutty note one can find in numerous aquatics(certainly orange blossom, here enhanced by carnation, in others by ylang-ylang or quince) - I'm actually referring to that tannin sensation . I can think of so many perfumes similar to this beginning!
Anyway, it's not unpleasant in this stage (I usually can't stand that tannin feel).
Later on, the middle notes start to sweeten the mixture; I can feel jasmine and dried fruits, while the honey is kept inoffensive, but still noticeable(I am sensitive to this note too).
In about four hours, lo and behold: the benzoin that I really enjoy, side by side with some amber and vanilla! So nice and yummy!
The "floral" classification must be only a synthesis of aquatic+oriental, as I don't feel as if I were in a garden when sniffing this soft perfume.
Considering its delicacy and its initial freshness, the name tells most of the story: Ombre Bleue...

Miss Guerlain

Anyone tried this? I'd love to read reviews on this. I'm crazy for honey-notes in perfume. So veryyy curious about this one!! :D So I hope for luck + that some will be added soon!! :D

Miss Guerlain

Anyone tried this? I'd love to read reviews on this. So I hope for luck + that some will be added soon!! :D

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Charles Brosseau Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean Charles Brosseau Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue by Jean Charles Brosseau. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleurs d`Ombre Ombre Bleue by Jean Charles Brosseau represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.