Designers » I-K » Woody Spicy « Groups

Sander for Men Jil Sander for men

Sander for Men Jil Sander for men
dislike

Sander for Men Jil Sander for men Pictures Sander for Men Jil Sander for men Pictures Sander for Men Jil Sander for men Pictures

Sender for Men is a fresh, woody and spicy fragrance for men. It was created by Jacques Cavallier in 2000. It is composed of a minimal number of components with perfectly balanced structure, which make this fragrance very masculine, and elegant, classic and modern at the same time.

The top notes are fresh and strong, full of life force. They are composed of green ivy leaves and Brazilian mint. The heart notes are fresh, balanced, with detectable black pepper, very elegant indeed: coriander, cardamom and pepper. Base notes are rich and unusual, made of cypress and red cedar wood, blended with mysterious essence of frankincense, myrrh and labdanum.

Cinnamon Ivy Mint

Nutmeg Coriander Cloves Pepper Cardamom

Labdanum Cypress Sandalwood Cedar Tobacco

Paradox Green
212 Men

Sander for Men Fragrance Reviews

Hi guys,I white skinned and 30+ age;This fragrance is very beatufily but not special,4.2 oz for 35 usd(130tl) Turkey parfumshop.
Opened very strong Brazilian mint and finished sandalwood and cinnamon effect very good changed 15 minutes other elements very sharp and clear;natural fragrance elements not synthetic,longivity good,sillage good but not extreme performance.
Bottle design good and fifi awards winner 2000 year.
Bvlgari Pour Homme and Gucci Ph2 is very similar Jil Sander for Man.This fragrance is Specific.
Jil Sander man's fragrances; best parfum is Jil Sander parfum house for Man.Quality and elegant atmosphere this parfum.Nothing school boy and 30+ man's for.
5 spray needed good performance one day.

İmportant:White skinned man's for wonderful performance this fragrance.

Rick Bennett
Rick Bennett

Tested over the last few days (I blind bought a bottle, primarily because I was intrigued by the "ivy" note I saw in here).
It's a pleasant, light, scent with light to moderate projection and moderate longevity. It is green, sort of a watery, light green if I had to describe it as a colour. I can't actually discern any individual notes, especially not the mint (I love mint) or ivy - so a light greenness with a light woody background is what I get. To me it has a cool, modern, urbane feel. I really don't feel the warmth or spiciness that others mention. In my collection it reminds me a lot of CK Truth - out of fairness I won't pitch them against each other, since this is a review of one, but I think they have similar vibes.
This doesn't say "Wow", but I guess it wasn't created to do that; I think this would be a great Spring or Summer daytime office scent, light and pleasing and inoffensive, and that is how and where I will wear it.
February 2017
Ps, oh and I think the bottle is cool. It is profiled so it can either stand upright or at an angle. I like that :)

ndajani2013
ndajani2013

I decided to try Sander for Men due to its extremely competitive price. What a great surprise. The box and bottle are beautiful; perfect for a gift. The juice is spicy and very aromatic. It smells classy and clean without being boring. It has plenty of personality. Four sprays lasted me all day and got me two compliments. Not to be missed.

calvinslin
calvinslin

This fragrance is just OK to me. It's pleasant enough, and for the price, it's pretty good. It's very strong and long lasting on my skin. I wear it in the house when I just want to feel clean. It's not something I'd wear out, since I have other stuff that I prefer.

syedsiddiq
syedsiddiq

Sander for Men is Perfume from the House of Jil Sander. This is V Underrated Perfume. All Notes are well Blended and mixes well with each other, Especially Spices as it has lot of Spices. It Fresh Spicy Aromatic Woody. The Top begins with a Green-Fresh note followed by a Spicy Notes in Heart but all Spices Gel with each other & Woody in Base Notes.

Can be Worn in All Seasons & Occasions. It is Crowd Pleaser & Compliment Getter. Projection & Longevity are V Good. My Rating for this Perfume is 4.5 out of 5.

Jim5150
Jim5150

Hey Guys. Hope everyone is doing well. Picked this up on Ebay for $18 after seeing a couple of really positive reviews on YouTube, and I can honestly say I'm pleased. Not just due to the price, but it really is nice. Green, spicy, woody, clean. Very safe and inoffensive. Would be great, say in a work environment, or anywhere you wouldn't want to "force" your fragrance on others. Would be great for church as well. Average to good performance. I guess I really like it due to the fact it's different...I really haven't encountered it where I live, so it's a unique scent here. Good compliments as well, and that's always a plus. It's a great blind buy. Overall, I'd rate it 7 out of 10. Be blessed everyone.

saman1jam
saman1jam

After some time, it becomes a bit boring (maybe because of fresh-green accords)!!! but eventually accepted effect, because of some spicy note, if use a little break during a time...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
عطرهایی که بوی سبز و فرش و خنک دارن غالبا کم کم حوصله آدم رو سر میبرن و بعد چند وقت استفاده حس و حال همیشگی رونمیدن تقریبا این هم از این قائده مستثنی نیست اما باز خوبیش این هست که انفجار سبزنعنایی اولیه ش یک همراهی قوی اسپایسی داره و یه مدت بعد از اسپری روایح چوبی نرم نرم کار رو کنترل میکنن...هل هم در زمینه کار تقریبا از همون اول تا نفسای آخر یه پرده ملایم بی آزار کشیده !! در کل، کار به نسبت خوبیه ( سبز-چوبی-اسپایسی ) و با توجه به حجم(120 میل) و قیمت خوبش گزینه بدی برای استفاده روزمره در فصول گرمتر سال نیست

usas
usas

Jill Sander Men is a minty, green scent. I never cared too much for it until I smelled it on someone. Without asking I knew it must have been Jill Sander Men.

When applied at the right time, this can be a surprisingly fresh and pleasant scent. Especially when it's hot outside and the sun has already set.
Not a "panty dropper", but a comforting, easy, non offensive fragrance.

In contrast to other reviews I think projection and longevity is above average. This must have something to do with the uniqueness and recognizability of Jill Sander Men.

7,5/10

no-fi
no-fi

I consider Jacques Cavallier to be a modern master. His nose is behind four of my favourite scents - the '90s classic L'eau D'Issey and its Bleue and Intense flankers (unique compositions in their own right, rather than variations on a theme), as well as the king of aquatics, Bvlgari Aqva. Given that pedigree, I expected great things from Sander for Men.

Does Sander deliver? Well, yes and no. It does have the classic Cavallier signature - an expertly balanced blend of spicy, fresh and woody notes that instantly identifies a scent as one of his. When perfectly executed, Cavallier's signature makes his scents both fresh and inviting, yet paradoxically deep and mysterious. With Sander, sadly, you get the former qualities, but none of the latter. It's pleasant, comforting, very fresh, and well-crafted, but Cavallier's uncanny knack for fragrant alchemy is not on display here.

That said, there's a lot to commend Sander for Men. The opening is a very nice blast of mint and pepper, followed by a fast-unfurling note of freshly-cut ivy leaves. The heart is a competently balanced if uninspired blend of spices, while the base is dominated by cypress and cedar. I have no idea why this juice is blue, because the scent itself is very green - not green like the dense, dry aromatic classics of the powerhouse error, but a refreshing, dewy and thoroughly modern green.

A note about the packaging - the sprayer is not the best, and the bottle and cap are awkwardly designed. It takes up far too much room on the shelf for no real aesthetic gain. That said, this fragrance is fairly inexpensive so it's not a huge gripe.

If you're a big Cavallier fan like me, or if you like modern, fresh, spicy scents, Sander for Men is worth a try. While not an aquatic, it is a great alternative to most generic aquatics if you're after a clean summer scent. Yes, it's not among Cavallier's best - the four scents listed above are far superior - but it is a competent offering from one of the great noses of our time. A solid 7/10.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 8/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :6/10
70% day/ 30% night fragrance
nice mint and pepper scent

sjaff
sjaff

Very Spicy fragrance.. would have loved it if there was any flowery notes like lavender is included.. Too spicy for me.. Not too bad but this one is more for mature people (35+) and definitely not for youngsters.. Performance is average on skin but on clothes it is above average.. Not a blind buy either.. Test before you buy.. Overall would give 6/10

WhiteDeath
WhiteDeath

Beautiful manly scent. I actually get more complimented on this than any of my other, way more expensive fragrances. Women love it, men love it.

My only issue is that the longevity and sillage are pretty average; but at the price point I got it for (20 eur/ 125 mL), I can just reapply it and/or spray lots of it.

Very versatile, I'd say it fits any occassion and any season.

rayiha
rayiha

jil sander=casual

Günlük kullanım için mükemmel bir koku.yeşillik ve naneli açılışın arkasından gelen karabiber ve odusu notalar harika bir uyum sağlayarak ortaya kremsi,yumuşak bir koku çıkmış.Tek eksik tarafı fark edilirliğinin biraz düşük olması.sanırım açık tenlilerde daha iyi duracaktır.bu kokuyu duyduğumda aklıma gelen görüntü dar kesim, casual bir takım, plazada bir ofis ve bahar sabahıdır.

emi
emi

Although there is no violet on the list, I can clearly detect it. It is similar to Eau de Cartier.

RobbieX

I don't know why but I got tired of this one. Never happened to me before with a fragrance. it just became boring. I sold it.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

By far the dullest Jil Sander masculine scent ever for me. It smells literally like a couple of really basic and bland aromachemicals thrown and stirred in a bottle, the same kind of stuff you can find in any masculine sport-woody deodorant. Beyond generic, a true nowhere in a bottle. No direction, no inspiration, “nondescript” to say the least as other reviewers already stated. I am sorry to say that since I’ve always found Jil Sander scents much underrated, and I am usually quite a big fan of the brand, but there’s surely way better among their offerings – actually almost anything’s better than this in my opinion. As regards of the smell, notes speak for themselves and there’s not much to add for me, just imagine them in the most boring and unsubstantial rendition possible: a cheap woody-peppery-herbal scent with a bold, pungent synthetic feel and a sort of far background similarity with herbal-aquatic scents like Rochas Aquaman or Lanvin Oxygene – a distant echo tortured and buried under a drugstore mess of cheap woody aromachemicals. Meh...

4,5-5/10

Santos89
Santos89

I think this is an underrated gem.

Yes, it's a fresh fragrance in the style typical of most late 90's fragrances.

Don't buy this expecting an earthshaker unlike anything else you have ever smelled. It's upside is that it is a solid fresh woody fragrance, with a few unique notes.

The mint is at the forefront right from the opening blast. It's joined by ivy, giving it a very green feel.

After 5 minutes, coriander and pepper appear, giving the fragrance some spice.

A solid 30 minutes later, the cypress and basenotes appear.

Most of the notes listed can be smelled, but appear in the background, giving it weight and thickness.

Interestingly, even though quite a few notes are listed, this fragrance isn't overly compex. It's a straightforward fresh woody fragrance, and it works perfectly for what it is.

Longevity is good - 8 hours.

Rating: 7.5/10

David Mellard
David Mellard

I have a true passion for fragrance as well as working within the fragrance sector of retail business. I can honestly say that I am a follower of Jill Sander fashion as well as her perfume lines, I do own a bottle of this fragrance and I can remember when it was launched back in the early (90ts). I lived abroad back then in Frankfurt where she also had her boutique. but it wasn't just chiselled off edge of this fragrance part bottle. but also the contemporary design of the bottle witch caught my attention but also what we perfume people in the business call the juice. the complexity of the fragrance from my first impression of trying it on the skin was the zestiness of the initial smell. but after twenty minutes or so it had dried down to a sweet gingerish smell on me witch was gorgeous. although it did,nt mention anything in the description about having any ginger in it. but I think that it could be the cinnamon sticks witch has combined with the rest of the ingredientses and also the volume was quite high. this fragrance and Background and also Jill sander original classic perfume for women no (4) were the only ones I loved. and again very rare to find although I don't entirely think that all Jill sander fragrances are discontinued like Background. I just think that maybe know cosmetic giant has taken on or signed a contract to distribute Jill Sander fragrances. whether the French giant Unilever still owns the rights or licensee for the fashion house I don't know. but about seven years ago I was able to still purchase this fragrance when we had the Jill Sander boutique in fashion district of Mayfair in London. and I also found it at a few independent perfumery stores witch sold a lot of well known brands as well as discontinued brands as well. but you have to search really hard for it. I don't think that I can compare this fragrance to any other fragrance as it is quite unique in itself. the only fragrance witch comes close is the Calvin Klein Contradiction fragrance for men. but otherwise nothing else. I also think that this fragrance was a cult fragrance of its time like the Helmut Langs and the Yohji Yamamoto and also Donna Karan Fuel for men. I hope who so ever owns the fragrance rights for Jill Sander perfumes they should reinstate the fragrances back into the UK.

hiram.j
hiram.j

I have to agree with Buysblind about the nondescript nature of this perfume, but I can see that as an advantage at times.

I sometimes combine it with Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme to tone that one down and give this one more interest.

tabularasaus
tabularasaus

Picked this one up after checking out some reviews on here that suggested the purchase. Boy, am I a happy customer. Quickly becoming one of my go-to fragrances. Not necessarily an attention grabber. Which isn't a bad thing.

season: All (although I would gravitate towards mild weather)
occasion:casual,business,night out
sprays:2-4
scent:8/10
longevity:8/10
projection:6/10
sillage:6/10
versatility:10/10
overall:46/50

Buysblind
Buysblind

If you asked me, "What fragrance do you feel is completely devoid of personality?" Jil Sander for Men would be my answer. It's a vaguely fresh synthetic concoction that feels immediately sterile and right at home in George Orwell's "1984." The bottle's annoying too. Thumbs down.

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

Another overlooked little gem.

So clean and so fresh, a beautiful composition. Lasts fairly well on moisturized skin. A very high quality scent.

Lovely drydown. Year rounder. A STEAL for the price.

Stays fairly close after the first hour, but for the money you can't beat it.

RobbieX

A very nice green fresh scent that dries down peppery, spicy and soapy. Always stays fresh too. In fact, the dry down is by far the best part. A very pleasant fragrance that lasts with an excellent silage. A really nice summer fragrance. To add.....the dry down is almost identical to Cerruti 1881 Summer Fragrance pour Homme. There is a slight negative here, the bottle design is quirky and awkward.

AntonisZ
AntonisZ

Bought it during a transit stop to Zurich's airport back in May 2000.
I was so impressed from the opening, fresh and peppery at the same time. The more I sniffed it, the deeper the sensation of its warm woody yet refreshing character. It's the absolute versatile perfume that I own due to the harmonius combination of such different and even contradictory notes: ivy and mint blend with cinnamon and pepper to get a sophisticated male perfume.

I still have that bottle I got 14 years ago. Although I got many other perfumes since then, I still go back to this "old love" and every time I spray it on me, I realise why I appreciate this and never got tired of it.
On my skin, it stays at least for 8 hours even on a sweaty summer day. Oh, it's also appropriate for an intimate night.

There's such versatility going on here exactly due to the perfume's primary notes of herbal freshness and peppery wood warmth.
Wear it in autumn or summer and it's perfecty suitable for almost all kind of events.

So since my bottle is running low, I found a bottle of 125ml on the internet for just 20 Eu. Unbeatable quality and value for such an amount of money!
Time for me to revisit this wonderful fragrance!

Overall rating: 8/10

kapek
kapek

True stars don't do compare to someone else, they shine..
That's how I see this wonderful fragrance! I can't compare it to any other out there, in my opinion this is unique and very sexy. I mean really, I usually don't use this word but here I must. It's just perfect for intimate moments, it has some special vibe about it. The skin plays a big role here. Smells minty aromatic with some peppery bitter vibe, some light citruses around maybe, some herbs it's the ivy probably. Spicy but not pungent. Doesn't matter how old you are. It's not a sillagebomb but you can notice it because it smells gorgeous. Weapon for seduction!.... :-)

abcmore
abcmore

A blind buy 4 out of 5 stars. Good Clean, Fresh scent, not loud, a safe office scent. Drydown is very good, fresh, a little warm and just enogh sweet, the more I smell it the more I like it. I'm patting myself on the back for buying this, Good job me. And me likes Jil, Good job Jil.

richdaniels
richdaniels

Very interesting blend. This combo fooled me.

The pepper, cloves, and green accords blend to give (to my nose) a strong ginger vibe. The opening is a fresh and spicy ginger/cloves feel with fresh greens along for the ride. After 20-30 minutes it is still spicy but rich labdanum and ivy replace the mint and sits on the skin fairly close to the body. After 3 hours I can still detect it, but sillage is best in first 45 mins.

The Design: Love the intriguing angular bottle shape and color of the juice. 5/5

Versatility: 3/5 Best for cooler days. I imagine a confident Mid-30's-40's guy in a fine grey-toned suit wearing this. Walking through the city on an overcast day. Actually, I can also imagine this is warmer weather (with a risk of it feeling like sticky spices).

Quality: 3/5 The fresh and woodsy notes appeal to me. If there is a draw back, it could only be that the labdanum leaves a resiny sweetness I didn't expect, but I enjoy it.

rades69
rades69

I just picked up a 4.2 EDT on Ebay for $18. It is phenomenal for an inexpensive scent. The mint ivy opening is beautiful and not overpowering. Definitely a good buy

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

Smells good on me. Like to wear it during day time. Not too strong and not too soft. Feeling spicy with Little bit warm and green.

Good enough for price and quality. Worth buying. Suitable for those who want to play safe and fit with any occasion.

franksgirl
franksgirl

Its one of the best male(masculine) scents I know in this price category. Its uncomplicated, sexy, elegant, sporty, fresh- suits almost every occasion. I love it on my BF as it smels cool (minty and peppery) on him (might be that his skin chemistry has something to do with it)
I do not understand when people call it cheap...
I think modern men fragrances tend to smell very feminine and this frag is for "manly" men.

mmsk
mmsk

یه ادکلن با بوی بسیار شیک و بسیار دختر پسند

nadiraydin
nadiraydin

Nice, clean, modern and not so common.

Opening is not so green and natural on me, but it's definetly fresh and cool. (Mint? Or ivy? I can't get it clearly but something fresh and icy) I'm not in love with the opening, I think it's getting better and better down to basenotes.

Middle notes; it's getting softly spicy but still fresh. Pepper, cardamom and corriander together. They are all light and smooth. Again I can't get the ingredients clearly but the overall feeling is good indeed.

And base notes; best part of the scent! Slighty sweet woods, with some herbal notes and still has little bit of cardamom... Nice.

Longevity is ok, around 6-8 hours. Projection is good for the first 2-3 hours then it stays close.

Okay scent. Safe choice, without being ordinary.

nxcklvrsxn
nxcklvrsxn

Just bought this today. I really smell the ivy in this. Its very unique in my opinion, very modern. I get almost an urban vibe from it. If i could match the scent up with a picture it would be a dark city in the rain. very clean. I plan on buying another bottle once i finish this one.

This really isnt a playful scent in my eyes. I imagine the wearer of this to be very calm and almost mysterious. Very intimate.

Guest_haborym26
Guest_haborym26

yy,longevity is only about 5 hours on me with good sillage,especially first hour.i enjoy this fragrance day by day,spring or summer.fresh minty - metallic smell with dry incense in drydown.minimalistic , unique and elegant.

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

I'm a girl and I love it so much (on guys). I tried it myself and the lasting power is none :/ Great intriguing scent though. I will buy it for my man one day.

jozemo
jozemo

On my second bottle of this classic fragrance, this for the guy who want to smell nice,and not let everybody know it, except the lady who is up close and personal...

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

After Logging In

I agree with Jeca
_________________

The top notes are fresh and strong, full of life force.The heart notes are fresh and balanced and base notes, I really Love it, rich and unusual.
______________
Saw 4 bottles of 125ml in perfume house Today and purchased ALL 4...
love this Juice

I agree with Jeca

Rich28
Rich28

This is a nice, warm fragrance that fits the woody spicy category perfectly. I was drawn to this house nearly fifteen years ago when my father brought home a sample of feeling man from one of his travels. To this day, it (Feeling Man) still resonates in my memory as one of the best fragrances I've ever smelt.

That experience set me on my Holy Grail quest to one day own the elusive Feeling Man. So far I have been unsuccessful at procuring the long discontinued fragrance, however, there is something in Sander for Men that reminds me of Feeling Man. I'm not sure if this was supposed to replace it, but I do detect a similarity between the fragrances.

Having gotten that out of the way. I agree with most reviewers that Sander for Men is a very warm, elegant and classy fragrance. I don't get any of the notes that most people rate as the main notes though. I detect a strong clove note in the opening. After about an hour, the clove becomes subdued by the coriander which to me gives of a strong soapy overtone before it transitions into the sandalwood, forming the base of the fragrance and adding a slight sweetness and warmth to it. I get a minimum of 5hrs from each wearing and the feedback for this fragrance has been all positive.

Sander for Men is perfect for formal occasions and intimate settings. Though most people here classify it as a daytime scent I think it wears best at night. Overall it's a great masculine fragrance that you shouldn't pass by if you get the opportunity to sniff.

Slayerized
Slayerized

This is a good light woody spicy (a bit of pepper) scent that can be used at any occasion at any season but has for me one big drawback (and therefor I sold my bottle) and that is: This is TOO inoffensive and TOO safe after the fresh opening, that lasts 15 mins, to get a thumbs up. For me a fragrance must at least have something daring or contain an interesting part that makes it special. Can be a tiny 'part' but must be there in a frag for me. This frag lacks on that level and is therefor pretty boring in my opinion. This is one of the most perfect fragrances for people who only want to own one fragrance all year around and stick to that. Sillage and longevity are safe and average. Not for frag addicts! Neutral: Rated: 6-/10

rienzope
rienzope

Very disappointing. It started out fresh and unremarkable, but turned banana aldehyde and synthetic after 2 hours.

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

It is crisp and does not over power the room.

MrMookie
MrMookie

When you wanna blind buy and give a picky friend or family a nice scent buy this one!
zero (0) dislikes!(from 102) that says something
I had a small bottle in 2002 and i really liked it then.
but i never saw it back then till nowadays.
I've tested it a few days ago and i must say its still a very pleasant, fresh, integer but comfortable scent.i love the softness in it.
Not mystical, not dark, not playing games with your nostrills...
Just a good and comfy fragrance ofcourse in a good way!
Sillage/projection is average to good
Longevity is ok
Good for office or day in the park wearing.
Will buy it someday again, but for now i just need more thrills and excitement scents so i skip this one for now

tomerits
tomerits

a perfect office scent,very freshy and inoffensive,graet for hot weather.a safe buy for sure. another great fragrance from master Jacques Cavallier.
my rank 4/5.

Don't expect an "old school spice rack" fragrance here. The impression, at least for a while, is more along the lines of fruit juice, actually. Once that subsides, one to two hours later, it is "minimalist" and light, but pleasant and quite versatile, without being boring or too common. It lasts a long time with low projection/"sillage." If you spray more you can improve it, especially if you get a little on your shirt. An excellent fragrance for office or school, since it's enjoyable but shouldn't bother anyone else. The wood is most the obvious note in the drydown.

Messer
Messer

Fresh, crisp, transparent, clear, sharp, minimalistic, well balanced, a bit spicy, herbal, woody and watery. I like Cavallier's works and this is not an exception. It's undoubtedly synthetic and smells like nothing else but it's also unbelievably nice and comforting to my nose. I can pick up pepper, ivy, sandalwood, nutmeg etc, but it's really well assembled and mixed. Not much of a transition here - first 20 minutes it erupts with plenty of different notes and shades but after that it becomes minimalistic, elegant, woody-herbal smell with very good silage and good longevity. Although it's woody spicy it can be easily placed with aquatic/fresh genre and beat most of them. I use it as spring/summer and casual Friday office scent. Silage: above average, longevity: good. 8,5/10

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

very long lasting and yes,good for hot days and reminds me of one fragrance i have in my collection-Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic by Lancome.Not sure I pick the myrrh and frankincense listed in the notes but frankly for now am not really bothered.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

Sander for men is a really nice fragrance. It's very casual, energetic and different from other many aquatic/citrics scents.
This EDT opens with some green notes (ivy and brazilian mint) and a little bit sweet with the cinnamon. These top notes are refreshing and they remind me of Mentos mints. Some peppery notes appear during drydown, but without changing the initial smell.
Sander for men is a nice scent for summer days and longevity is good enough to resist on hot days (> 6h).
My final rating: 8.0/10

davidbelloli
davidbelloli

I got it in German in 2008 and fallen in love with it. It can figure me out of other thousands of busenessmen at the international fairs. A very good tones design and I only see it in some West-European air ports. I walked around Sao Paulo and didn't get it.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Nice scent!
Sander for men, opens with a mint and also get a little bit of cinammon, It is very discreet because it would not take all. And we got a green fresh and also little sweet sensation, kind of fruity.
The drydown enter nuances pepper, has something of cardamom or other spice, and reminds me in a moment Chic for Men but more fresh and green to me.
The base i get a dense woody kind of vibe, i think is cypress with some woods,but slight, maybe the sandawood, i guess.
I used and got a compliments at the first time!

Rating: 8-8,5/10

Cylob
Cylob

One of the few summer fragrances I really love.
Fresh & woodsy. Perfect for daywear in summer & spring.
Great design of the 'falling' bottle too.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Just tested today, reminds me of something very very known but could'nt figure out !!!Any ways very nice. fresh,spicy,tender sweet, touch woody and clean scent, no doubt!
Sillage is fine and longevity on my dry skin is very good (5 hrs plus), the price is also attractive.
Can be an every day scent or may be a signature to.
PPl who like Herrera or D&G type scents can blind buy.
Worthed.
Neat Show

scentology
scentology

My 3rd runner up and my most commonly used frag, Sander captures the essence of Activity. It delivers an energetic minty introduction that sets the mood for a typical day, then turns on the heat as it gets crisper and spicier - and sexier. The woody drydown is great. It's year round EDT that's perfect for office and hardly offends anyone.

Sillage : amazing
Longevity : 5-6 hours
Feeling : Energetic
Feedback : People love it
Recommendation : Definitely worth a buy

Hotaxis
Hotaxis

This one is a perfect fragrance! it's still amazingly...
Light, that is a good point in hot weather

VanAllan

I was pleased to replace Sander for Men from my "want" option to my "have it" one. I just bought today the big bottle and I couldn't wait to wear it, specially now in summer. The fresh minty-ivy opening it's stunning, it hits your nostrils and brain and I had one moment feeling that it has a little common (aftershave) smell. But after 30 min. it becomes spicier (pepper, coriander, cardamom) and sweeter (nutmeg). I like it. When I write this, it stays on my wrists for 5 hours and only now I can start to feel the resinous-myrrh wonderful base, with the spicy-freshness traces still there. Good silage and longevity. It's now in my rotation summer scents (with Bvlgari Aqua and Cartier Concentree). My rank 7.5/10. ☣☣☣

ruxxy
ruxxy

Beautiful fragrance, delightfully fresh at first(mint+ivy), but not watery. The middle notes are a bit fruity to me and a little more spicy. I love all of its notes (maybe except cinnamon, but it's not too obvious in this scent).
Down to the base notes, it gets sexier and i smell something like "man" note in it. Too bad I'm a woman, 'cause I would have enjoyed using it; its smell makes me feel comfortable and focused.

asfa
asfa

long laste good price sexy and spicy go for it

VanAllan

I tested this stuff few days ago and its spicy freshness leaved a nice impression on me. Very wearable (not sikly fresh like others)from the ivy-minty opening, going through hot spices, leaving a sweet-incensy trail of woods. My rank 7.8/10. ☣☣☣
p.s. Very good review(s) of "gerco". A truly inspiration...

doozi81
doozi81

As you can't buy this sent in stores in NZ, I ordered it over the net based on written desciptions. As a huge fan of Hei by Alfred Sung it was the promise of a mint note which intrigued me. But, what a waste of time and money! I've never smelt a more synthetic, chemically smelling fragrance.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Nice classic fragrance. I agree it is warm, spicy and very elegant. Definately one of my favourites.

jeca
jeca

Warm, spicy and true elegant.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jil Sander Sander for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jil Sander Sander for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sander for Men by Jil Sander. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sander for Men by Jil Sander represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.