Designers » I-K » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Wild Fig & Cassis Jo Malone London for women and men

Wild Fig & Cassis Jo Malone London for women and men
dislike

Wild Fig & Cassis Jo Malone London for women and men Pictures Wild Fig & Cassis Jo Malone London for women and men Pictures Wild Fig & Cassis Jo Malone London for women and men Pictures

Wild Fig & Cassis by Jo Malone London is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women and men. Wild Fig & Cassis was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano. Top notes are cassis, cherry, grass and fig; middle notes are hyacinth, cyclamen, jasmine and pine tree; base notes are patchouli, cedar, amber and musk.

Cassis Cherry Grass Fig

Emelia

Wild Fig & Cassis Fragrance Reviews

Verka81
Verka81

Yes, the fig is very prominent in this one. I bought it on impulse, but when I came home I realized that the 'fig' element goes in close connection with cedar. My husband took a strong dislike to this perfume, saying that it smells of 'rotten and mildewy bark of an old tree'.

silverslytherin
silverslytherin

It is a quite authentic, understated version of fig. I like it a lot. Its longevity and sillage are not that good. Also in comparison to other fig scents I own (e.g. Diptyque's Philosykos), this scent has a melancholy hint. I don't know why.

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

My favorite fig perfume as well as Womanity by Thierry Mugler. I know the quite similar Philosykos from Diptyque is more often talked about but I much prefer the Jo Malone. To me Philosykos lacks the atmosphere that Wild Fig & Cassis carries. WF&C reminds me of an ethereal humid tropical mountainside, with a sheer floral veil over creamy, almost coconutty fig. There is a predominant green minty note which feels so fresh. Like most Jo Malone fragrances lasting power and strength are somewhat below average, not terrible, but still not the best for the money. I do, however, think this scent makes up for it in gorgeousness. It is discontinued now and quickly selling out so get your hands on it if you have thought about getting it and haven't yet.

T992
T992

I think it's nice for room as a candle not for a body perfume the smell taking you in relax mood as you sit on garden

ro_ro_123
ro_ro_123

Absolutely adore Jo Malone Wild Fig & Casis

However, there is some bad news for us fans of this beautiful scent...

I went into my local Jo Malone store today to look at the Christmas limited editions and the lady who works there told me that this cologne, along with Vanilla & Anise, will be getting discontinued to make way for new colognes to come next year.

This really is my favourite Jo Malone fragrance and I'm very saddened to hear of this decision - unfortunately due to the high price point of Jo Malone fragrances here in NZ, my limit for 'stock up' would be two 100mL bottles which wont last me more than two years :( so if you have any bottles of this you no longer use please contact me.

Somehow hoping that this poor decision on JM's behalf will be reversed...

walking44
walking44

Smells like pepper and potted plants. A little meaty as well :L
But I will admit, its better than Diptyque.

pauroj
pauroj

super nice , the fig is awesome and yes it reminds me of philosykos but IMHO jo malone is even better

MLK

Can anyone out there tell me if this is being discontinued? The SA hinted that this might be the case as they have not received replenishing stock for a while. I would hate it if this was discontinued as it is one of my favourite fig, woody scents.
Update: I found out this is still available as far as Jo Malone staff know. Blue Agava and Cacao is probably going to be discontinued soon though!!
Update, this is being discontinued along with Vanilla and Anise so if you love these colognes go get a backup, once supplies run out, they will be gone for good.....what a shame!

deeanna
deeanna

Like in a warm shade of a fig tree of the mediterranean seaside. I feel in Provence i Greece, Mallorca...
It's dry, green, but also generous like fig fruits...

kirinie
kirinie

Green green green! I get wood as well, but as of yet no fruit of any kind. I catch the tiniest bit of hyacinth, but no other florals and, sadly, none of the rich fig I was hoping to get. It gets woodier as it develops. If you want a very green & woody scent, this is great, but if you want any of the fig fruit scent I say look elsewhere.

MLK

This is similar to Philosykos with the fig note, however Wild Fig and Cassis is much softer and does not last as long on the skin as Philosykos does. I feel the Jo Malone scent is much sweeter and works very well with other Jo Malone colones such as Wild Bluebell or Blackberry and Bay. Wonderful combinations for anytime of the year, however, being colognes, they are lighter than edp and slightly lighter than edt in perfume oil concentration.

Suzeranamous
Suzeranamous

Around when I landed my first job out of college, I set out on a journey to find my "signature scent". I knew it would be different, unconventional, and fresh. That scent ended up being (don't laugh) a room spray by The Body Shop: Vert de Bamboo. When I wore it, my then-bf would say I smelled 'like a green plant', and I *loved* it.

Fast forward 10-ish years. VdB long discontinued, perfume tastes matured (or maybe not)... Wild Fig & Cassis whips me right back to those days. It starts off with a verdant twang and settles into a fresh green fig with a musky backer. On me, this lasts several hours. Love it.

Germany
Germany

A summer dream.
Soft sweet coconut :)))
Most fig perfumes that are natural like this and Diptyque or L'Artisan , all have that same quality , they are sweet and fresh and warm with a grassy top note that morphes into figgy coconut yumminess.
I am mixing mine with blue agave and cacao and it couldn't be better, warmer and more comforting. Absolutely love it!!!

drlaurel
drlaurel

opens green and delicious fresh green fig, quickly lost to a sweeter, synthetic dry down as do most all Jo malones on my skin. that being said, to spritz it on the clothes...is nice...but no longevity. i wish they could get this earthy fig into something that has staying power and is not overpowered by other notes. i don't wear it much but i don't throw it away b/c i love to dream of that opening fig premiering in a perfume in the future!

nasvoulg
nasvoulg

The opening gives me a strange feeling of nail polish, then it transforms into a fresh green woody fig smell. I think this fragrance would suit men more than women. Better on hot summer days.

MissTuxedo
MissTuxedo

How is this a Fig fragrance when Fig is not listed in the notes? I'm confused. A big fan of Diptyque Philosykos, I'd like to try this but I'm a bit leery as I don't see Fig listed. ?

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

COCONUTS

Liked the opening. Bitter and Sweet.
Different.

Fairly quickly I lost the bitter and was left with sweet.
But a nice, fruity sweet (not powdery at all).

About an hour or so in - coconut ?!

"How could this be?"

So I asked my teenage niece to smell my arm and asked her what she smelt.
"Coconut" she replies.
(Then she switched the subject to something about her - typical 17 year old.)

Don't get me wrong - I like coconut. But I am still scratching my head.

I enjoyed the experience - but I won't buy.
Longevity is too weak, as well as projection.
And, losing that nice balancing 'bitter' so early on (being left with my sweet coconut) - that's a make or break loss.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Wild, indeed, and very green. The minute I smelled this it reminded me very strongly of a vacant lot in Los Angeles where me and my childhood friend Jimmy used to play. The lot was full of weeds and grasses, and more often than not we'd come home dirty smelling just like this.

That being said, I wouldn't want to wear it as a fragrance.

Melodie79
Melodie79

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance!!fresh, green, woody with a fresh cut grass smell. I can definitely detect green tomato notes in there also. It reminds me a lot of my favourite candle by Bahoma, Herb Garden. Beautiful!! Delicious

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is very green, almost grassy, on me for the first 45 minutes. Before this has a chance to induce a headache (which grassy fragrances inevitably do with me), it develops into a warm, vibrant and rich dark fruity fig which I love. It's warming and comforting. I know I'll be reaching for this time and time again when the weather turns colder! Moderate sillage and longevity of a few hours.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

This is such a well done fig scent. I love the scent right out of the gate. However, like most Jo Malone scents the longevity is a joke!!! Seriously, this did not last beyond an hour on me!! I am so disappointed. I know I know it's a cologne and layering helps but for the price we should get more bang for our buck!!! Philosykos is very similar and lasts A LOT longer on my skin. Sorry Jo Malone/Estee Lauder. Diptyque will get my business from now on.

Marie76
Marie76

Unless the formula has changed a lot, I difer from most of the reviewers here...in me this used to smell very fruity, not green, and mossy as well. I could smell the fig fruit, and also the leaves and the wood, I loved the sweetness and the depth of it, much stronger than any other fig perfumes. I layered this with a neroli perfume and it was an absolutely beautiful combination, if I say so myself. I loved it and am always meaning to get a second bottle...It's true the cassis was completely lost in the perfume, but it didn't detract from the balance of the perfume. Really lovely.

dkny27
dkny27

Opens with a lot of green grass with a subtle hint of a smoky tobacco. Wasn't very keen on the opening. After waiting about a half hour, the scent develops into a juicy, green, bitter-sweet cassis. Like a curtain of lush green leaves forming a canope over warm dewey foliage. Fresh....

tklicavoli
tklicavoli

Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis is an earthly delight straight from a Mediterranean garden.

Smelling this transports me to a dark garden of the Greek Isles on a rare cloudy afternoon. I am lazily reading The Iliad with a bowl of black cherries in my lap when I hear thunder and a crack of lightening. I envision myself running for cover from the unexpected shower with my white dress flowing behind me. I find shelter underneath a cluster of fig trees. I can feel wet fig leaves, grass, and mud between my toes...

I usually do not enjoy green scents but this is an earthy and sweet dark green scent. By dark I mean wet and deep. There's nothing fresh, light, or too sharp about it. The most obvious notes in this JM cologne are grass and fig. It's very pleasant and comforting to me. Something I wasn't expecting from this fragrance is the cherry top notes. It reminds me of childhood. For a slight instant it smells like Luden's cherry cough drops! Which can be good or bad depending on what I'm in the mood for. The cherry and fig notes never have a chance to develop into a sickly sweet smell thanks to a soft pine note and refreshing cedar dry down. Also noticeable are humble patchouli and exotic cyclamen notes.

I think this fragrance would suit men and women with a green thumb or who classify themselves as outdoorsy. It would work well for anyone who likes earthy smells like grass, pine, or dirt. I personally enjoy the unusualness of Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis. I prefer this scent on easy days when I walk my dogs or spend time in the yard. It's definitely a summer scent for me.

isaland
isaland

Smells like grass. Too sweet. I am really not a fan of thia fragrance.

Jo Malone WILD FIG & CASSIS smells to me rather like a bunch of fig leaves and grass blades thrown in a blender. Very, very green and fairly sharp as well, especially in the opening minutes. Is this composition sweet at all? No. The fig leaf is featured, not the fruit nor the wood.

To my nose, the grass, fig leaf and hyacinth together conspire to make this a very green experience indeed, although I do not detect the pine as an isolable note—which is probably a good thing in this case... Fig is clearly the focus, especially in the drydown (which is quite a bit less sharp than the opening), but there is a huge amount of greenishness to this cologne from start to finish! In the opening minutes, I am even reminded a bit of the discontinued BELEAF, by The Body Shop—although that composition lacked fig. This composition, too, is fully unisex, even leaning a bit toward the masculine side.

The longevity of WILD FIG AND CASSIS is as to be expected from Jo Malone, but if green fig leaves are what you're really after, then this natural-smelling cologne may serve you well! Not for me.

Lindamch
Lindamch

A rare failure from Jo Malone in my book. I can't smell the cassis, unless that it the bitter note fighting with the "sticky" smell that I take to be fig. I don't like it at all.

orchid_84
orchid_84

The character of this scent on my skin is very, very grassy along with a bit of woodiness. It is quite bitter on first spray, then it mellows out to become a bit softer. It does remain quite grassy....and in that sense it feels quite outdoorsy and unisex. Unfortunately for me, this feels a bit too much like I'm wearing the scent of "lawn" and I don't get any nuances of fig or florals. After the strong grass note passes, the scent basically disappears from my skin so I'm not sure what the drydown would have been like had it lasted longer.

Crispy
Crispy

Hello everyone!
I don't know who I should write to, but I've seen the notes described in this page are not the ones for Wild Fig & Cassis Cologne.... Could you please update it?

Louw
Louw

The nicest of all Jo Malone's scents, in my opinion. I love the strong fig note and the cassis is quite fresh and subtle, rather than sweet as you might expect.

Unfortunately, there's a base note I find in all the Jo Malone scents which smells a bit 'stale' on my skin and spoils them all for me. I find them better as home fragrances for that reason.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

While the fig note is certainly there, a tomato note dominates the opening of this fragrance. It reminds me of plucking fruit at a farm. Soft tobacco note underneath. Ideal for gardening types I would think. Good silage, longevity 2/5.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

What an unusual scent for a perfume :-/. It's the kind of 'smell once and enjoy the unique quality and creativiy behind it' scent, not really a scent I could imagine wearing by itself, but it would mix with something very soft like Orange Blossom.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

Among the most unusual, watery, fresh scents i've ever tried. Classy, fig note is dominant, but it's a wet fig, the fruit and its leaves. At least that's what i get. As if you're walking beside wet trees just bathed after an intense rain, you're clothes are getting wet by their leaves and your hair is blowing in the wind. It's a scent i don't ususualy get from women. 19-10-09, 14:12

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Sweet bubblegum? Wow, that just shows how unique every individual's skin chemistry is! I never tried a Jo Malone perfume before, and I'm so glad I did!

How can there be no fig in this? It smells just perfectly of fig trees in fruit, really ripe, but I have to confess, I get no sense of a mediterranean sun above, on my skin the scent is cool not warm, with a real sense of moisture and air, as though the branches were shaking in a high wind after rain. The bubble gum touch noticed by Chance25 completely missed me as did the pine, and the sweetness was nicely cut by the currant notes, with the cyclamen as an unexpected winner!

This is a beautiful fresh green woody smell, with a base that I can only describe as having a very slight almost biscuity edge to it. After four/five hours most of all this is gone, but a touch of herbs akin to green tea with a soft hint of powder remains. I could wear this anywhere, it reminds me that I am a free spirit!

chance25
chance25

My first thought of this scent before trying it was either it was going to be too masculine or too overwhelming as fig can sometimes be. None were true. This is mostly a soft floral w/ fig as a nice partner. There is pine in this and it is present to my nose. Not in a x-mas tree sort of way but a freshness that only pine can create. The dry down sort of smells like sweet bubble gum. Such a surprising little gem this is!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jo Malone London Wild Fig & Cassis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jo Malone London Wild Fig & Cassis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wild Fig & Cassis by Jo Malone London. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wild Fig & Cassis by Jo Malone London represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.